Weird shit like this shouldn't get made

youtube.com/watch?v=n31betAEw8c

Seriously, how the fuck did shit like Scorn and Agony get greenlit by the gaming industry? These games are terrible ideas for several reasons:

>protagonists are weird freak inhuman characters no one can relate to
>none of the npcs are anything anyone can relate to as they're all weird ass creatures
>environments and music are way too dark and fucked up looking for anyone to have anything more than a passing interest
>Aesthetic is too helldark and unnerving for anyone to actually enjoy
>impossible to have an interesting story or characters due to nothing being relatable in a human way

This is seriously retarded. I could get a game where you play as a human and kill these monsters, but playing AS this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ksJpuznVJFM
youtube.com/watch?v=zUJde4r1TAY
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
youtube.com/watch?v=TAQhjizCGX0
youtube.com/watch?v=CsUtPG5Y6tg
youtube.com/watch?v=1HIgZ8kGUT8
youtube.com/watch?v=pFauBXQkoT4
youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw
youtube.com/watch?v=bgRWMbGSUec&list=PLEfAIhk_4Z9JhguA4R8EPWY44Oep7L-9t
youtube.com/watch?v=tj_UfbrNB-I
youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqd_53ATE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww who the fuck would want to play as that?

fucking nasty

that is some Polygon tier shit posting.

Still, the gameplay looks like an unpolished ass

What does a polished ass look like?

The Order 1886

It's a long way off from being released man, give it time.

Sweet, reminds me of Prey

why is Cred Forums so full of faggots.

lackluster b8

Noice one

>i can related to space marines
>aliens
>people with superpowers
>special agents/police/army slaves
nice troll thread 10/7

>can't relate to protagonist
>too dark and fucked up
>too helldark and unnerving
How is any of this a problem?

You sound like a fucking faggot.

this is a weird way to viral market

so what's interesting about this game besides the grotesque art direction?

Thankfully you don't get to decide what does and what doesn't get made.

I really like this kind of shitposting

There's aren't many games with grotesque art direction. It's an underappreciated art-style, and these two seem to do it right.
They are also not anime.

monster waifu

It's a special pew pew shooty bang with uhhh...

How the fuck can you relate to this? Enlighten me.

People need characters they can relate to and feel something for, you can't feel shit for stuff that looks like monsters from damn nightmares and shit. And the aesthetic is fucked, the environments look like the kind of shit that would cause nightmares. Videogames shouldn't give people nightmares.

wow, first games without stereotypical space marine manly hero in a not overused setting and yet you complain about it.
what a dense retard are you?

>Have this strange feeling all my life
>Have strange dreams
>always huge vast vistas that are totally dystopian
>some boards of canada songs bring up the feels
>scorn is basically the game based on these feelings

Am I ok?

I hate it. It 's acting like a retard with the pretense to start convesation. What the hell happened to this board...

I absolutely despise anybody who unironically holds this opinion.

Developers have actually dropped otherwise amazing designs, or stifled the creativity of their games because they're afraid people think this way. Fuck you.

ITT: Reverse psychology shilling

Thats what they said about Mighty Nr 9s gameplay

I should. When people on Cred Forums buy and play this shit and start having fucked up dreams and seeing shit out of the corner of their eyes, they're gonna wish I were able to stop this.

>it's weird therefore its bad

are you a business exec or something?

Haven't seen this before. How many times is this going to be reposted as stale pasta?

wtf I hate steam now

That pistol looks like the gun from Exitenz.

>muh relatability

fuck outta here with your lack of any sort of imagination. some of us love atmospheric surrealism

So games should all be humans talking to humans in a very normal environment?

You must be a riot at parties.

But it's true, people can't relate to this fucking shit. Imagine if Alien was filmed from the point of view of the Xenomorph and not the humans, the movie would have been terrible. How would you relate to a fucking alien predatory beast? It doesn't even look human.

There's a reason we don't have movies like Dark Crystal anymore, directors realized people can't relate to weird ass inhuman shit.

>need to relate to main character to play a vidya
Not even Cred Forums are this retarded

>the aesthetic is fucked
Do you even know what you're talking about?

It isn't, this is a fairly cleverly disguised shill thread

Wow! a HORROR game looks HORRIFIC!
What a shocking development!

Fuck you
People like you are what made Radiant Historia have a human MC instead of a sword being the MC

I feel like such a chump because I can't stop myself from responding. You're good, OP. You're good.

My biggest thing with this is that unfortunately it's how a lot of big publishers think and it's really stifled creativity in the industry.

I miss when protagonists were fucking weird in the PS1 and PS2 days but no one is willing to take risks anymore because budgets are so high. The reason these games are probably as strange as they are is only because they're indie games.

>People can't relate to weird ass inhuman shit

>tfw burn victim
>tfw game comes out with characters I can physically relate to
>tfw some boring faggot on an imageboard says the game is unrelatable

Sorry we can't all be perfect like you

OP doesn't feel that way, he just wanted to get people interested in the game.

>cleverly disguised shill thread
This is anything but cleverly disguised.
From what i seen you cant discuss anything without shitposting in the OP anymore on Cred Forums

I know you're trolling, but there really are people that think like that out there, so I will respond to you as normal.

A player with an imagination vivid enough is able to relate to any sort of monstrosity or another abstract object. There are games where you play as a piece of bread, I don't see you complaining about that.

These games introduce a certain universe, with certain pre-set rules. A smart player will be perfectly able to adjust himself into this universe and imagine himself living by these pre-set rules. If one of these rules includes "bascially you're a grotesque vaguely human-like creature on a quest", this player will imagine himself as just that.
In summary... hate the player, not the game. If you're incapable of attuning yourself to a setting that is vastly different from our, it's your imagination and intelligence that are lacking, not the creative direction the game in question is taking.

Wait, aren't those Tyranid guns?

God this is obvious shilling.

You might as well pretend to be christian protesters and do what EA did with Dante's Inferno

It's called art. Nothing has any obligation to conform to your autistic, spoon-fed definitions of expression given to you by e-celebs.

It is probably been said so many times but this head does looks like a dick.

i dont relate to ANYTHING
whatever i'm watching a movie reading a book or playing sonic
fucking autism

>stop liking what I don't like

Good bait desu

Hopefully the game wont be shit but it might.

thought the same thing

I never said that, I said they have to be relatable. Elder Scrolls games have inhuman races and you can relate to them just fine. It's when it's weird ass shit like that that it loses that. Imagine playing an rpg and you play as some shit like this, and the game's script is written in fucking symbols so you can't understand a damn thing. I can just imagine the engaging discussions on the game on boards and youtube videos:

"Man, I thought it was fucked up when ??? had to kill the ????? inside his ???? It really made me think about what it means to be ?????? You know? Man..."

>helldark
Is sick dark as one word filtered?

I get that you're trolling but there are people here that will take you seriously. Be careful.

The picture on the OP has an incredible resemblance to Tyranid guns from DoW2, it looks like an upright Hormagaunt/Vormagaunt (the zergling with a gun)

>vidya shouldn't give nightmares
why not?
movies do
books do
whatever the hell you manage to think does too

y̱̞̖̬̤̯̹̱͙͚̹̠͖̖̝͕͒ͤ́̇͊̊̄̔̍̇͋̉̕͘͟͝o̢̧ͯͭͣ͏͇̟̦͖͓̗͉͎͓̩͖ͅũ̵̧̮̟̫̫̄͐ͪ̒ͧͬ̐ͯͭ̀̒́̂̚'̶̴͍̮̝̫͕̮ͤͪ͆̈́̈́̀̃̆́̌ͫͨ̒͐͐͆̚ͅͅͅl̶̵̶̪̮̗̖ͩ̅͗̊͋ͨ̏̌́͠ḷ̴͈̪̫̖͍̞̞͇̩̜͑ͫ̾̉̓͋͌͛͆ͨͭͩͮ̓́̚͜͞ ̵̴͈͈͇̤̳̦̫̰̖̝ͮ̋ͧͧ̍͂ͧͣͧ͜b̴̧̠̣̜̭͈̓ͬ͐͐̏̎͊͊̽͜͝e̸̵̝̙͕̬͚͉̺̱̘̟͔͊ͨ͊̉ͭ͂ͬ̓̚͘͟͞ͅ ̶̷̣͔̘̺̬͚̫͚̗̜͗̍̌̓̒́͢f̟̲̻̪͔̰͕̺̗̲͕ͤ̽͋̽ͨ̄͡i̶̼͎͕͎͉̥̻̐̿̅̃̾̉̏͂͛͑̎̏̿ͬ̓̇̆̀͘͠n̶̶̥̫̪̫̯̬̪͍̺̳̤͚̣̙̬͕̺̬̐̎ͧ͋͋͊ͮ͊ͬ̒ͣ͛̑͑̒̉̀͟͠e͓̦͎̬̰͈͖͒ͧ̂͐͒͞͡ͅ

Dasein
i like it when they use german words

Those aliens all act human and have faces that show human emotion. Now imagine if that fucking tree man was literally just a damn tree with no face, would you relate to it then?

I have now witnessed the biggest pussy on Cred Forums ever. Thank you OP, you absolute faggot.

>sword MC
Woah
I'm barely on Chapter 2, what is this about?

>People need characters they can relate to and feel something for

No, only autists need that

I hope it's not a horror game. I hope it's just a weird looking puzzle/adventure game, and that's not an actual gun

no one appreciates what giger has done

How do you call this type of marketing? Where the shill says a product is too shocking and shouldn't be made to pique high interest.

one is literally a human
two of them are also humans with green skin
the other two are humanoid with legs, arms, torsos, faces, etc.
also rocket is literally a walking talking animal

All easy to relate to.
Pleb-tier scifi

please lurk before posting falseflagging, irony is no excuse for not fitting in this badly

>A raccoon
>A tree
>They're human!

>Hell dark

Fuck off you sick dark faggot

Well then I chance my statement to you have no imagination at all and are a pretty dull person.

My apologies.

You sound like one of those people who can't fathom playing anything other than self insert characters in rpg games.

You say people can't relate to "weird ass inhuman shit" but that's a load of garbage. You use that creative part of your brain to MAKE it relatable anyways. Lots of people do it. I do it, and it kills seeing somebody so creatively void actually getting mad at something like this.

he looks like a real dickhead

Seriously, how the fuck did shit like [game I don't like] get greenlit by the gaming industry? These games are terrible ideas for several reasons:

>I don't like them
>I don't like them
>I don't like them
>I don't like them
>I don't like them

This is seriously retarded. I could get a game game where you [do something I like], but playing AS [something I don't like]?

>I never felt any emotion towards or about a character or setting ever
>I never empathy for a character in any book, game, or tv show or movie

Congrats, you're Dennis Reynolds
youtube.com/watch?v=ksJpuznVJFM

I'm not really looking to "relate" to anything in a shooter game.

The original plan was to have a sword be the MC and the main plot happen in the span of many generations and owners of said sword
ATLUS told the director that people wouldn't be able to relate with a sword so they pretty much had to redesign the plot to make a human MC fit
Stocke is one of the best protags in JRPGs but a sword being the MC would have been amazing

marketers pls go

well shit
which one is it Cred Forums?

Well what if he's just an average guy that happens to be all meaty and gross? Maybe he's tired of working 9 to 5 at the meat-office. I could totally relate to that.

No, helldark is a special term for when something is so fucked up it goes beyond sickdark. This game and Agony have the aesthetic of helldark. When you reach that point, your setting becomes completely unrelatable and the source of night terrors. I think the teams behind both games are Satanists, and I don't mean the LaVey kind either.

youtube.com/watch?v=zUJde4r1TAY

Originally the story was to be focused around a sword, and there would be multiple different lesser characters who used it at different points in history.

Stocke was originally one of these characters as a random assassin, but when they decided to make him the main character he got a rework to fit the role of protagonist.

It's been a while since I've read the article, though.

That would've been amazing
Has any game ever done anything like it before? Doesn't have to be a sword per se, but an inanimate object or something innocuous like a bracer or a necklace
Still, Stocke was pretty dope

>From what i seen you cant discuss anything without shitposting in the OP anymore on Cred Forums
That's because OP replies no longer bump. You need clickbait to have a thread on top; ergo, only clickbait is on top.

dunno who is that
and yes i've feel emotion towards robin saying "i wanna live" , or towards lelouch dying
but i dont fucking relate to them or almost anyone

this, so much

I try to watch everything with objectivity

Alien is a movie, not a game.
Hunting down people should make fine gameplay.

Ok smartass, can you relate to this?

MORE

Hasn't been new since 2009

The player character of Scorn isn't humanoid? Horror isn't known for surreal settings and inhuman enemies/antagonists? Shit tier bait.

It's how you'd look like of you had no lips

Why is it so fucking important to relate so heavily with your player character? Are you so devoid of imagination that you get buttmad every time you cannot insert your bland self into a strange character's shoes?

kill yourself you faggot, people like you are why there are a dozen call of duty and call of duty clones saturating the market, fuckoff manchild.

Yes, from all the trips to the dentist back when I had braces.

Zetta spends pretty much all of Makai Kingdom baring the opening scene and some of the endings as a magic book.

You can summon your dudes around them, but he can't really do anything physical. The most movement he gets is when you have someone throw him.

What actually annoys me is that these sort of guns wouldn't be sturdy enough at all. They look cool at best but that's all.
Shame, the design is a cool concept. Maybe throw in some lore-relevant deus ex machina?

Those eyes look hollow. What pain has he endured?

Okay, OP i'll commend you for it. This is some high class bait.

>tits
>that head
i bet leftist did this

It's not necessary for something to look human in order to project onto it. We come from a species that humanizes things like the sun and moon. I also don't need to see you or what you look like to understand what you are saying even though you could be a blob monster that knows how to type. I also don't need to be able to relate to you to understand that your opinion is bad and that you should also feel bad.

Next you're going to tell me rock music corrupts teenagers

>you need to be able to relate to a imaginative video game character in order to enjoy the game
Man, bait used to be so much better.

You can't feel emotion towards a character that doesn't look human in some capacity.

You actually play as the sword, not as the girl. The sword possesses various hosts throughout the game and the psyche of the girl is tied to the weapon so she talks to you but your role in the story is as the sword Maken.

It's also a pretty fucking great arcade-style first person slasher.

Well at least hes not black.

You know what?
I'm gonna say it.

Those boobs look way out of place. Way too smooth for a gnarly demon whatever like her.

i think its more along the lines of not feeling shit towards most fictional works

You just have to think of it as a dreamlike or some astral travel/drug trip experience or some fucked up corruption thing that happened to you and the world.

I find it's way more difficult for me to relate to a generic bald muscleman space marine than to a wierd ass freak inhuman creature (if it wasn't humanoid at all it may be more difficult though)

I wish parasite eve became a more popular franchise.

No, by relate I don't mean self insertion. By relate I mean being able to feel empathy for and understand a character. Their motivations, how they feel about things. You can't do that with monster shit. I've never heard of anyone playing Doom and going "man, I really feel bad for Cyberdemon, I wonder if he's lonely, why does he want to invade Earth so badly?"

how goddamned retarded are you? Seriously fucking kill yourself

SCORN actually looks like a interesting game with a unique setting to match the gameplay.

Agony is just made to look digusting and provoke people.
Ayy lmao titty demons n shit.

>"otherwordly aliens inspired by H.R. Giger! It's so cool and so innovative"
>guns disguised as spinal cords

>People need characters they can relate to
Nah.
>Videogames shouldn't give people nightmares.
Why not?

you sound like a spoiled as fuck mall faggot who has no imagination outside of their fashion trend life.

Is this some sort of strange marketing

or legit autism

>Beksiński art direction
FUCKING FINALLY

The Eldar part of the DoW3 trailer made me crave something in that aesthetic. This look amazing. Finally something genuinely fucked up without other kinds of pretentiousness shoved into the mix.

MORE shit like this should get made, fuck you OP.

I feel like mouth boobs would have been a good choice.

wut

Ok so you'd be able to relate to the main character in Witcher 3 if instead of Geralt it was this?

Fuck you OP.

fuck off OP, horror in gaming is criminally underexploited, I wont play it until its out of greenlight, but fuck does it looks good, you just have shit taste

>Reply to this post or your mom will be forced to play Dead Space 2
Also, is this real? I would be surprised since Dead Space 2 was more action oriented than it's predecesor.

SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT

Funny you bring up the Eldar. Imagine a 40k rpg where you play as a Dark Eldar. There would be no way to relate to the characters, they would be way too alien looking and acting. How would you even feel empathy for them or care about their story?

OP is more subhuman than any character in these games. He should relate to them well.

That's

wow

The specific fact that I have a fetish for sharp teeth is suddenly relevant.

He said you don't always need to be able to relate to something, dumbass. But yes, I would be able to empathize with it.

"Your mom hates dead space 2"
google

This is some fantastic "reverse marketing" marketer.

I think it is important to be able to relate to a character. At least for me, it can improve a game dramatically.

OP is a faggot though who lacks in imagination and creativity.

>Protagonists are weird freak inhuman characters no one can relate to.

Way to fucking go, designers.

This thread is completely retarded.

>none of the npcs are anything anyone can relate to as they're all weird ass creatures
>impossible to have an interesting story or characters due to nothing being relatable in a human way

Way to write the same shit three times.

There's nothing wrong with a non-human protagonist. Being able to "relate" to a character doesn't matter this much unless you're playing a story-driven non-game created by a bunch of idea guys with no game design experience.

>environments and music are way too dark and fucked up looking for anyone to have anything more than a passing interest
>Aesthetic is too helldark and unnerving for anyone to actually enjoy

You can't possibly be such a pussy.

Mario has a face and emotes to the players. That faceless character in Scorn looks jacked up.

You don't have to empathize with anyone, sometimes a story is just there for you to experience as an event.

Oh fuck.
>We want the 12 year old audience.

>Imagine if Alien was filmed from the point of view of the Xenomorph and not the humans

In other news, here's an award winning fan piece that tells the tale of The Thing from the alien's perspective.

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

>has human body
>human hands
>human arms
>human torso
>human legs
>human head
but he doesn't have a human face

nope, can't relate to him at all :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=TAQhjizCGX0

>HDR bullshit causes lights to blind the player while barely illuminating the environment
>Any time the player's left hand is visible the glow on it causes the environment to significantly darken
>Environmental light sources like candles don't light up the surrounding area at all, only the player's torch does
>That stupid fucking detection screen effect and heartbeat
>Demons have sexy butts

What a blunder.

Don't forget
>can clearly see the fear in his eyes in the trailer

If I were a xenomorph everyone would look pretty tasty/sexy depending on wich part of my development I'm in.

Incidentally, I think they got it.
I remember a lot of teens loving this series.

why does the demon have titties

that's dumb as shit

> "- WORK IN PROGRESS -"

settle down beavis

>clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Seriously, how the fuck did shit like Kirby get greenlit by the gaming industry? These games are terrible ideas for several reasons:

>environments and music are way too bright and fucked up looking for anyone to have anything more than a passing interest
>Aesthetic is too cutebright and unnerving for anyone to actually enjoy

I'm gonna relate all over her if you catch my drift.

Guess Cred Forums doesnt get horror.

This is psychological terror body horror.

Kronenberg, Hr giger

Well the games are great but I hate when publicity is so fucking dumb wich is 90% of the time.

Because why would you want to feel scared while playing a horror game?

Epic "DONT WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!"-tier thread OP.

Wew, I just noticed her boobs actually jiggle. I thought they were stiff the first time I saw the trailer.

Seriously, how the fuck did shit like Tetris get greenlit by the gaming industry? These games are terrible ideas for several reasons:

>protagonists are weird freak inhuman shapes no one can relate to
>none of the npcs are anything anyone can relate to as they're all weird ass shapes
>environments and music are way too Russian and fucked up looking for anyone to have anything more than a passing interest
>Aesthetic is too Soviet and unnerving for anyone to actually enjoy

This is seriously retarded. I could get a game where you play as a human and kill these blocks, but playing AS this shit?

holy fuck im buying shrooms for release day.

It has more than titties.

I like it.

>Guess Cred Forums doesnt get horror.
It does, this is just some retard samefagging and trying to push his shitty bait.

Playing as an non-human creature can be interesting, provided there's a good story.

>Not wanting tits on your demons

youtube.com/watch?v=CsUtPG5Y6tg

It has goat legs you sick fuck

Woah

Jesus fuck it's this fucking easy to delude this board?

Just one retard is all it takes?

I don't need to relate to characters to enjoy a game you fucktard

Is this reverse shilling?

Is this marketing?

Looks like a Tool videoclip Tbh

Everything is shilling. Didn't ya know that already?

Either bait or this is the most Reddit thing I have ever read.

The OP seems like the kind of faggot who posts that garbage "my retarded team chose fantasy over sci-fi for our game I'm not naming, boo hoo" stuff.

I'm assuming you hated Zork, Okami, Abe's World, Soul Reaver etc then? (I'm sure I'm missing loads if any kind anons want to help.)

Tool fucking sucks.

And a weird vagina-mouth head. Goat legs aren't really a big deal

>I'm an autist with no imagination, so games should stop being creative

This is either wonderland or hell
likely at least a bit of both

Not everything.

But this thread seriously feels like a marketer

Path of Exile has the best dark and grotesque art direction, there's nobody who would even attempt to refute that, right?

>needing to relate to shit to have fun

ya mama

"No"

When the woman screams around 1:40 I thought of rape and felt something in my dick. Funny.

way to shit the bed, faggot
goddamn
SHIT THE BED

i think the bigger issue is they're just walking simulators

He still has eyes though, and eyes express a hell of a lot of emotion. Look at how fuckin horrified that thing is

You're a tool, faggot.

I can try

>tfw in the end scorn turns out to be a fast paced shooter alla doom with scary exploration bits

He looks like a notmal guy that's been trough a lot of shit and someone put him in a weird flesh suit.
I can relate to that

underrated desu

>Video games shouldn't give people nightmares

Why not? If it's a horror game, that should be its express purpose.

Or are you against horror movies too?

What's the name of this 'meat-core' aesthetic?
you know, shit like zerg buildings, Xen in Half Life, Videodrome, etc

Horror movies aren't scary though.

its a "if im not the ultimate hero and the game is not set in our world or a shitty tolkien fantasy world then its a shitty game episode."

this and agony is the most waited games for me right now.at least they are not generic shooters like cod or battlefield the games that are made for you.

i can

i can

thanks fucking god not another game with a generic "ima big boy " soundtrack.

so you are basically mentally too weak to create an intersting story in this setting therefore the devs cant either.

how's being christian working out for you?

That brings the term skullfucking to a whole new level

I would've settled for scary exploration with action bits, maybe with stealth.

cronenbergs

>cutebright

It won't be easy. They won't understand. Tortured, incomplete, they're not able to understand. Offered the greater whole, they see the loss of the lesser. Offered communion, they see only extinction. I must be careful. I must use this newfound ability to hide. Other things will come here eventually, and it doesn't matter whether they find the living or the dead; what matters is that they find something like themselves, to take back home. So I will keep up appearances. I will work behind the scenes. I will save them from the inside, or their unimaginable loneliness will never end.
These poor savage things will never embrace salvation.
I will have to rape it into them.

>I will have to rape it into them.

one hell of a way to end the story and it almost goes in line with Rob Ager's idea for a squeal?

>I will have to rape it into them.

Rapemind

This marketing strategy is on par with "your mom hates Dead Space 2"

Anyways, when's it coming out?

some parts of this game are pretty cool, but overall I was hoping the atmosphere would be more like Diablo 1 throughout. I was a bit let down.

OP is a master baiter, but the sad thing is people actually think like this. That's why we don't see anthro, skeleton, robotic, demonic or alien protagonists anymore, just the same boring mid-30's grizzled white male. Having this little imagination should bar you from commentating on creative matters.

>In February 2011, he contracted the rare disease necrotizing fasciitis in his leg, which he has blogged about on his website.

huh explain why he must of did the story.

>he cant comprehend the idea of xenofiction

I know your kind. You're sick. You think you're illuminated, evolved. But the truth is you're a slave, a slave to your master Satan. You think this world will be yours, when the scientists at CERN open the gateway to Saturn and bring forth the demonic hordes with their "alien" allies to Earth. But know this. While he rules this world, he will fall in the end, his demonic alien otherworldly armies decimated and destroyed by the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Lord of the Meek and Humble, Jesus Christ.

Laugh and mock while you can, you and your Illuminati drones. We'll see if you continue laughing when you are cast into the Lake of Fire created for the Devil and his angels and alien hordes.

The shilling is real.

First time I hear of Scorn. It looks like shit, but nice concept art though.

But that is what they are attempting to be, just like horror games. The goal is to cause fear and anxiety.

>looks like shit
Isn't that the point?

>it almost goes in line with Rob Ager's idea for a squeal?

youtube.com/watch?v=1HIgZ8kGUT8

is this the new Tool video?

Read the rest of the god damn sentence at the very least.

American's idea of Hell: darkness, some fire, and the female body

To be fair, women are pretty much the epitome of horror and anxiety.

I did.
So?

Someone made a video game out of a Tool video?

youtube.com/watch?v=pFauBXQkoT4

Then I can't help you. I hope for your sake that english isn't your first language.

The japs also think this is what hell is like:
Berzerk comes to mind first. And Bastard!

Femto is a man, not a woman.

At least Agony has qt demons

Or maybe I just failed to understand you.
Never mind.

>relating to characters
This is literally what kills video games (especially Japanese) and anime.

In the past the MC was someone you could look up to. Now it's a faggot made for self-inserts.

I bet you hate Raziel, faggot.

You made the same point like 3 times you spastic

I'm excited to play Agony specifically because of these reasons.

well ain't that the hive?, looks like savathun's dreadnought

No this is shilling.

youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw

Why do you need to directly relate to all the characters in some video game? Would yoou not play anything but humans in some fantasy RPG because you cant relate to them? You wouldnt play an orc because YOURE not an orc? What are you fuckin stupid? Scorn looks cool as hell, I can't wait to play it.

>you need to feel empathy towards the characters to enjoy the game
Are you implying that socio/psychopaths can't enjoy vidya?

How the fuck would I relate to elves? I'm not a faggot.

>What's left of Childs, almost asleep, thinks "motherfucker", but I am being him now. I can carry that tune myself.

Path of Exile has the QTest demon as well.

wew lads look at this unrelatable character

Merely exposing this piece of shit counts as shilling.

Best game ever! I can't wait to play it on my One™

Fucking hell, that ending. Good read.

Is this some sort of next level reverse psychology shilling? Pretending to be retarded so people will pay attention to the game?
It looks decent. Too dark on a literal sense but I'm guessing that will be an option to turn it up. Looks like some AAA H. R. Geiger inspired game.

this is youtube comment section tier
neck yourselves

and this character too
im not a college-aged girl with a dark family history, i cant enjoy this game at all

youtube.com/watch?v=bgRWMbGSUec&list=PLEfAIhk_4Z9JhguA4R8EPWY44Oep7L-9t

>People are STILL falling for superior limb-based combat guy

OP is blatantly shilling the game and you all fell for it hook line and sinker. Fuck I hate this place sometimes.

and him
damn...so much wasted potential...cant relate at all...

So you wouldn't play any game that doesn't have a human PC because you couldn't relate to anything but a human being. How can you relate to a game where you play a human wizard? Do you know magic? How can you relate to a game where you play a commander of armies? Are you a general? How can you relate to a game where you're a competent, fearless warrior who fights off hordes of enemies in the form of monsters/zombies/whatever.

You probably only play the simulator series, then? Street Sweeper Sim, Woodcutter Sim, Truck Sim etc.

Almost every player character ever is completely unlike any of the gutless neckbeard manchildren who frequent this board, there's no reason why you should relate to any human protag of any game just because you're both human.

My favorite game is truck driver simulator.

It'll just be forgotten by release.

Can we agree that Scorn looks like it could actually be interesting and very disturbing, whereas Agony looks like edgy teenager tier grotesque demon shit?

Agony just looks really hamfisted to me

So is this Gone Home 2, just walk around and solve puzzles?

I skipped through the trailer and Scorn looked way too plastic.

Agree. Scorn has this other worldly feel whereas Agony seems closer to my drawings from my edgy years in high school.

Demons, specifically female ones, are supposed to look seductive. It's part of their charm, allure. It's almost like a Succubus, except a Demon will basically fuck your shit up more than a Succubus.

I guess I should say art direction. I agree that it looks plastic, but the actual art direction to me looks much better than Agony.

youtube.com/watch?v=tj_UfbrNB-I

I honestly can't wait for these games.
Like I wish you hadn't made this thread, because now you've reminded me that I have to wait >=1 year to play these games

It comes with the H.R Giger territory. It somehow manages to look horrific yet beautiful yet strangely arousing at the same time.

Agony is just... well, it's just Hell, and you can't see shit because of how dark they make it.

The concept of Agony is that the game is actually all about the MC breaking up with his girlfriend.

Yes, the multiple guns that are in the game are not in the game.

On another note, I really like how the only way to get Cred Forums to discuss something is to pretend to be retarded for (You)s.
Round of applause for all you guys, you sure proved how much smarter you are than OP by lambasting his intentionally stupid stance.

Kind of suspect that this is some kind of weird reverse-psychology shill thread

Oh, well then that's definitely relative.

youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqd_53ATE

This shilling isn't even subtle and yet so many people fell for it. Both amused and disappointed.

Does jesus get a bitching supershotgun like DoomGuy?

I just might reconvert and tag along.

didn't that game fail its kickstarter like 2 years ago?

Nice sales tactic OP. Start of listing negatives to get people to argue positive points of your product for you.

10/10 sales bait

Thank you, it's nice to see somebody still remembers.

Also "helldark" lol, nice new buzzword. Look up to seeing it in the future!

I quite liked the twist ending of The Starship Damrey

because everyone plays videogames to relate to the character and NOT to pretend they're someone they're not, am I right?

Diablo 1 has a very limited atmosphere.
>wow it's a ruined cathedral
>now its caves
>weirder caves
>hell
PoE has a ruined pseudo-Greco-Roman city with alive statues and guts of some weird giant creature that speaks to people in their dreams and corrupts them. Though gameplay-wise Act 4 kind of sucks.

>I could get a game where you play as a human and kill these monsters

that's the point you fucking mongoloid

It wasn't made for you. Fuck off already.

It's a really old troll, look up "grimdark", "sickdark" etc. threads in archive. Used to bash cyberpunk as a genre because it's too gritty and rainy and only edgelords like it.

I like it

He looks scared. Like he's trapped inside the suit

While I agree with you, if somebody wants to always play as a human, I also understand that.

In my case a good example would be Mass Effect. I enjoyed playing as various aliens in the great multiplayer of 3, however I'd still rather play as a human in the singleplayer.

Similar example would be an MMO sci-fi game. If the game has a monster as a PC, I want that monster to be a product of some interesting transformation that you play out in the game as a human.

Kek, I know that pain

This looks awesome

You are pretty good at irony, user. You are not like a little baby at all.

Jesus died, he'll die again, sheep.

Reads like one of those shitposts back when Bloodborne was announced.

I am Groot

the guy in ops pic is literally a human with some weird flesh suit on
and he looked pretty spooked in one of the trailers

>>protagonists are weird freak inhuman characters no one can relate to
And? It has the potential to drive a more interesting narrative when we're not playing as something more relatable. A video game should be about telling a story with the player being made to interact and make decisions on how to proceed. If I'm playing a game where the character is wholly inhuman and odd-looking with no relatable qualities, the story should do the job of telling me why I need to care about what happens next.
>>none of the npcs are anything anyone can relate to as they're all weird ass creatures
It shouldn't be a requirement for NPC's to be relatable. The only time your NPC's should be relatable are when they're integral to the story and not just set pieces to occupy a part of the narrative. In a story where horror is the focus, unnerving, creepy NPC's help to maintain the tone.
>>environments and music are way too dark and fucked up looking for anyone to have anything more than a passing interest
You're assuming your tastes apply to everyone. I personally find the unnerving atmosphere appealing and want to see more.
>>Aesthetic is too helldark and unnerving for anyone to actually enjoy
Again, you assume your tastes are applicable to others. They're not.
>>impossible to have an interesting story or characters due to nothing being relatable in a human way
Not everything has to be relate-able in a "Human way" to be interesting. In fact, making it relate-able is a crutch because it means the story has to follow a set narrative rather than move forward in its own direction. This idea that a player must feel comfortable in some way is overdone and needs to be thrown out for a while if the industry is to evolve in a positive way.

read some comics you damn moron. i bet you are some fat american fagot

doesnt matter how many times you call these people out theyll still do it because Cred Forums is face deep in 14 year olds, memes and normalfags. they know its intentional but will still continue to do it regardless.

>this fucking thread

>Person gets proved wrong
>Heh, they fooled you guys, it was just sarcasm
no

I'm worried because they focused so much on that one room in the trailer and the only reason I can think of for them to do that is because it's basically the only thing they have done.

The lack of anything remotely resembling gameplay walking down a hallway and animations that play when you activate an object don't count, combined with how poorly it seemed to be running, only helps confirm my worries.

Also it looked like everything was made of plastic, which seems to happen a lot when devs try to make things look moist.

>underground bunker
>not a boat

>Cred Forums always argues against everything
>"I know, I'll make a thread calling the game bad so Cred Forums will argue for it!"
>doesn't even have the guts to actually call the game bad, just non-criticisms like "too dark" and "too unnerving"

Some shill actually thought this he was clever when he came up with this. Sage.

You mean a human with it's lips drawn back by wires and really fucked up skin? Yeah, I imagine that hurts like a bitch.

She can literally eat her enemies with those too.

You didn't even (You)

more

Gigeresque

helldark

It's sickdark.

Speak for yourself man, I feel bad everytime I have to kill a cacodemon. They did nothing wrong.

Once again Cred Forums proves that if a game doesn't have a human as a protagonist they go batshit crazy.

You named 3 different aesthetics...

I'm not kidding; that's also my fetish.

Then you should play DDS then.

What the fuck is the point in wanting to play the same type of person in every game anyway? Its like playing an RPG and saying "i want this character to be exactly like me in every single playthrough."

This. It's way too obvious.

Who says you have to relate to something to enjoy it? Can't I just enjoy it based on its own merit?

I have a bit of a distaste for OP telling me what I can and can't enjoy based on if I can relate to it or not

I play a game called Dead by Daylight. You can play as a human survivor or an inhuman killer, in a 4 on 1 match. I don't relate to the fucking monster with a bell who can turn invisible but I enjoy playing it because it's actually a fun (but flawed) game

You have convinced me to.

>People working up all kinds of fantasies to justify the notion that when you die it's not just lights out and that consciousness is just a cruel byproduct of life and its pursuits

You will be lost to the sea of time, as with everyone that has died before you.

Narcissism.

I'm pretty sure OP just wanted to make a Scorn thread and came up with some pretty good bait to make the thread successful

>cern, the devils demons AND aliens.

Keikety keks mang

>EWWWW DDXXXX DIS IS NASTY GO AWAY DXXXX

Hello, sheltered child.

you relate through the eyes, they're pretty clearly the most expressive bit and the fella is cool looking

Fuck this seems like bait. Here goes: to me it seems like you need characters you can relate to. If shit is done right in a story you could relate to a fucking mailbox. This kind of macabre environment looks unique. You also don't need spooky castle environments to be in an uncomfortable situation.

I had to read a book in highschool that was the story of beowulf told from grendels view. It was pretty good.

However, i agree with you in that a visual medium it can be quite the hurdle

>same argument used to defend his opinion over and over
Shitty bait 2/10

neck self and go back to your safe space you sack of shit

People like to self-insert themselves. Escapist fantasy where you're "The Guy" is more profitable long-term because people want an escape from the mundane existence they live outside their own fantasies. Stuff like SAO, The Matrix, and Skyrim are so hugely popular despite how incredibly asinine and mind-numbingly stupid they are overall because people want to be special. Harem anime, too, is so successful because the MC is usually the most bland, unappealing fucktard who can't go two seconds without doing something so unrealistically stupid and unlikely and somehow being the most appealing male in every female character's life that people can self-insert to give themselves a feeling of being relevant to something that doesn't exist.

New Vegas and other gems that are buggy but still good in their own right don't get the kind of love that generic, boring, self-insert stuff gets because they remove all importance from the PC and tell them that the world moves forward without them. Imagine if Skyrim was you being some literally who in the Legion, or a farmer, or someone unimportant who only heard about the Dragonborn. It wouldn't be as successful because it would mean the player isn't special.

>you could relate to a fucking mailbox
Shit man I've been able to do that since I was a bab.

>Look
Wrong.
It has to have a human QUALITY, not APPEARANCE. This is what shows who's an idiot when it comes to arguments about 'is [x] relatable', they can look like a fucking house but have the mind of a person and easily be relatable but some people don't understand that and somehow miss the thousands of children's TV shows where the characters aren't actually human.

OK Lovecraft, slow your roll.

>if you cant relate to something, its bad

How does being a literal pleb normie feel?

Or maybe shut the fuck up you pedantic /k/nerd

did someone say mouth boobs?

>This game and Agony have the aesthetic of helldark. When you reach that point, your setting becomes completely unrelatable and the source of night terrors.
Well... yeah. Agony at least is SET in Hell.

I think the main problem you're having with these games is that they are literally not meant for people with your tastes.