1d4chan.org/wiki/Primarch#Douchebagginess
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
1d4chan.org/wiki/Deffwotch
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Masque_of_the_Laughing_Circus
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Novels
scribd.com/document/47038314/TheTorturersTale
i.yuki.la/tg/1376851184172.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing more perfect than slaughtering pathetic sisters of battle.

youtube.com/watch?v=HBMGX2G_xPc

Cant wait for Deathwing

Reminder that a mere man was the second greatest person ever above even the sons of the emperor himself.

based

>There are more dead Sisters of Battle than Guardsmen.
Guess the God-Emperor was really on their side.

That's a SS map, are you playing the campaign?

Also let's get some things out of the way:
Permanent bases for SS campaign to prevent suicide from the player.

>tfw no Dark eldar on DoW3

IGNORE THE FAGGOT THAT WILL TRY TO START A DC VS SS FLAME WAR, BOTH ARE AWESOME GAMES.

Lastly how do you like to mod your games? I have been trying to get custom army paints on the campaigns for years but I never managed to do it, the closest I got was making the textures get corrupted.

>>tfw no Dark eldar on DoW3
soon.wav

I really missed the banter between the commanders in Dark Crusade. It would be great see Gorgutz vs Carron or Boreale vs Sttubs. With a better voice acting of course.

Yeah, this was from a while ago, I've beat the campaign with all but Necrons I think.
Yeah I've used that perm base mod as well, but recently it's been giving me some "Fatal Scar, Execution Paused" bug whenever I win, freezing the game on the winning screen.

Dark Eldar are my favourite, I'm gutted they are not gonna be in DoW 3, I really wish they would get more screen time.
I also haven't used many mods, only ultimate apocalypse along with perm bases

Rowboat Girlyman gets a lot of unnecessary hate, thanks matt ward

mon negro

Guilliman wasn't perfect. He himself admits this many times.

Who is the beater chapter and why is it the Black Templars

I wanna fuck Guilliman. Seriously, how can other primarchs even compete?

PUUUUUUUUUURGING WIIIIIITH MY KIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Matt....spiritual liege please you are embarrassing yourself

Why are there no men with such awesome talent anymore

So did Omegon have a hand in creating both the Deathwatch and the Greyknights? This guy has seriously put fingers in all the pies.

You mean the Blood Ravens

>Malcador
>mere man
He was probably the third strongest psyker in the galaxy during the great crusade, only behind the big man himself and Magnus

Why did Abbadon get tricked so easily by the Deceiver shard?

>Omegon
No such thing exists, obviously

Indeed and the ones he had to compete were the combined of 1000 psykers in one and his genetically engineered son with chaos steroids while he was still a baseline man with only his own natural powers.
Some days i wonder what would have happened if he had become the emps we know and love.

No, yes, maybe.

Grey knight predecessors were simple Astartes from both traitor and loyal legions but in all it seems to be a wholly Malcador project. The geneseed is still a mystery. Since they stole the super geneseed from the RavenGuard.

Is Guilliman inside that vault?

Just wait for BL to reveal how he was really a perpetual all along because that would be so kewl and is obviously what the fans want

Because he's He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's baby.

HH Guilliman is perfection and you know who had no hand in that

If that day ever comes i hope that the AOS of WH40k isn't too far away.

Perhaps when the emperor resurrects he will bring back his only trustworthy companion.

Aren't Alpharius and Omegon the same person?

Well if you look at it, Omegon was the loyal twin. He was the one who made the Khan choose the Loyalist side. That stolen genetech had to be used for something, considering how the modern Alpha Legion isn't using it.

You are right battle brother, the Blood Angels are a well respected branch.

GW is already inching twords going ahead and launching the 13th Black Crusade.

8th ED 40k is gonna have Primarchs and shit coming back, Eventually theyre going to just have to switch off the life support

>Alpharius and Omegon
I repeat, there is no such thing, now please report to your nearest Abites office for reeducation

They are the same soul confined in two separate vessels. They are different but they are the same.

No, brother, I meant the Blood Ravens.

No more mugs for you

Bolt. Everything. Down.

They will take the bolts too. Hell, they stole an Avatar of Khaine.

Post more rare mugs

...!

...? ...!

>Since they stole the super geneseed from the RavenGuard
It should be noted that this stolen Gene Seed and all accompanying data was not turned over to the traitors as planned, a fact discovered long after the Alpha Legion was outside any potential repercussion from Horus (due to disappearing). The information's whereabouts remain undocumented, as if largely forgotten about.

Try committing as much heresy as you can in a single post. I'll go first.

Malal exists.

I actually liked [REDACTED]

>Yer Emperor iz a grot!

>8th ed 40k
>in our lifetime
just make IG like they were and make Orks and Chaos stop sucking so much ass and I'll be fine

Okay.

The two of them were pretty different, considering how Alpharius was the more ambitious of the two and had a huge ass inferiority complex, while Omegon was more of the shadow and generally speaking didn't seem to care so much about being the best.

i wanna fuck the sister

+FOR...THE...LEGION+

Squad Broken

The Emprah was just a man!

What's the best Warhammer 40K book? What's the best Imperial Guard book?

Well I think the problem you are having is an incompatibility of perm bases with UA.

who is the best chaos god?

THATS
NOT
CANON
!!!

Dem feels...

youtube.com/watch?v=WoBWsh4s2cY

The Void Dragon

That's like saying which form of brain cancer I prefer.
I have a soft spot for Slannesh~

>best Imperial Guard book
Traitor General or Sabbat Martyr
>best Warhammer 40K book
I'd say a Thousand Sons

Tzeentch of course

I want to commit depraived sexual actions to a xeno.

I just started reading Horus Rising and so far I really REALLY like it

Does the series keep that level throughout all the novels?

Anything but Tzeentch is objectively wrong
Khârn is the best champion though

>Khaine

slaneesh by a long shot

>tfw no cute Tau gf

According to most of /tg/, no.

Isn't that just a recolored Shinigami-sama?

So with the chaos god case settled I ask another question:

Which space marine chapter is the best?

Hold me Cred Forums. When are we not gonna have a shitty 40k video game.

What if the Orkz destroyed everything just because they were there?
youtube.com/watch?v=yQIqxm6le5M

BLACK TEMPLARS

Not him but for real? I have Thousand Sons book but have lost all will to finish it, since i know what happens in the end, i feel kinda bad and wouldn't wanna find out how it all ended up like that.

Also would like more books about Night Lords from Aaron. Night Lords Omnibus was the best book i have ever read, and i don't read books.

Ultramarines, obviously

post fucking salamanders

strongest motherfuckers in w40k

Well, knowing how it ends shoudln't stop you from enjoying it, it's morew about the characters, especially Ahriman

There is no celibate, you dumb nigger.

He doesn't exist you retard

This man speaks the truth

What did you say guardsman? I couldn't hear you well with my ear that got bad after a krak grenade landed too close to my head.

shit i didnt expect that

Celibacy is actually somewhat uncommon among the Convents. Surprise.

For some orders there is though. Not for all, but it exists

>mfw Eldrad got fucked over big time
lmao

!!

>got played like a damn fiddle by Vect into killing his enemies on Commorragh.

>implying the necrons aren't
there was a necron overlord that killed a bio titan 1v1 in pure melee

Iron Warriors vs Imperial Fists tower defense game when?

youtube.com/watch?v=SW2bqSbbo1g

>implying giving xenos cross species stds isn't a great idea
Your more loyal than you think

But that's not Ollie Pie, you fucking heretic.

"Where I fall, ten more shall take my place! And one hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"
-Ollanius Pius, an Imperial Guardsman, to Warmaster Horus. You read that correctly.

BLACK TEMPLARS
L
A
C
K

T
E
M
P
L
A
R
S

>that time the dark eldar kidnapped an entire planet into the webway to get the tyranids of the planet as experiment material

Why there arent any good comics about 40k i read that one about Black Templars, why arent there more?

Despite all the butthurt surrounding Eternal Crusade, I still have high hopes for it. The devs were forced to release by the publisher and in return they said that it will be in continuous development with free dlc for the next few years. If they hold true to that it may be an awesome game.

Until then I will hold out on hope that it will be a fantastic game, worthy of the warhammer license

this motherfucker wields a hammer thats weighs 50 ton.

A black templar chapter master in full terminator armor couldnt budge it off the ground with all his power.

Vulkan actually held himself in while sparring with other Primarchs, because he didn't want to hurt them physically

And Sanguinius broke a Bloodthirster's spine in half, Bane style. Perturabo stopped a Baneblade with his hands. Amazing physical feats aren't excatly a rarity among primarchs

You know what we say about hope, Brother user.

I just want them to fix the awful performance on oldish AMD cards already. Shit will literally freeze for 5 seconds every time someone walks into my field of view.

Iron Hands, Lamenters, Black Templars, and Blood Angels all tickle my fancy.

There's The Redeemer. Is about a crazy vigilante (even by Imperium standars) in Necromunda.

I'm sure that we, as fans of the universe, will be able to enjoy it, as for the people who aren't into 40k I really can't see any appeal.

>a crazy vigilante (even by Imperium standars)
You called?

>mfw Corpse-worshiping shits near me

youtube.com/watch?v=0Vh_N8CpcL0

>mfw

But how did I get this mug, then?

>yfw you realise that Guilliman is literally the model Primarch that all of them were supposed to be
>raised in a stable environment by loving parents, so he's the most well-adjusted of them all
>allowed to develop his natural talents of being a master strategist and logistician without being thrust into shitty do-or-die situations like everyone else
>the only upset in his life was when his not-Roman 'father' was killed by not-Barbarians
>all this did was give him a mild case of hating the barbarous and a desire to create and spread civilised and productive society (which would later lead to him becoming the most successful of his brothers during the Great Crusade)
>even after meeting the Emperor he still prefers to seek the advice of his 'mother' to that of the Emperor when he runs into non-War difficulties

>yfw you realise that he probably wouldn't have turned out as well if he was raised by the Emperor because the Emperor was a giant autist and the world's shittest father

I still haven't played the Chaos campaign on SS, on one side their commander is an idiot, on the other side their color painting is much prettier than the word bearers.

Oh you glorious motherfucker

I've been waiting 3 months...

>wouldn't have turned out as well if he was raised by the Emperor
>wouldn't have turned out as well
That's a massive understatement

And the rarest mug of them all.

>120 posts later and not ONE of you posted the one primarch EVERYONE (even prideful Horus, Robute and Lion) admits to be the best of them.

Dafuck?

>>yfw you realise that Guilliman is literally the model Primarch that all of them were supposed to be

I don't think anyone but Emperor himself really knows WHAT the Primarchs were supposed to be. Just his clones? Personifications of his aspects? Having them all be Guilliman means they're all too sensible and methodical, which are both qualities except this is the kind of "do extreme shit or die" kind of setting.

He was a likely immortal illuminati psyker. Hardly mere man

Price reduction

>Titus, get the virus bombs.jpg

Magnus did nothing wrong

This one's better.

>that one time the virus bomb backfired and turned the entire planet into nurgle worshiping zombies.

But user, the Start Collecting! range already exists.

And since then there are no more (legal) virus bombings in the Imperium.

>Titus, get the Atmospheric incinerator torpedoes

Does the Codex support this action?

Guilliman understood that the crazy heroics of the battlefield weren't his job, and instead mastered the art of controlling the battle instead. That's why he was so successful in the Great Crusade, and also why he managed to pull the Ultramarines through the World Eaters ambush/betrayal with comparatively low losses for the situation they were in. Most of the other Primarchs probably would have lost their entire legion in that situation.

>tfw the necrons will never have a very very big relevant war with the imperium on the scale of the tyrannic wars

That'd be pretty damn onesided

I'm really not looking forward to dawn of war 3 at all.

I was hyped when the teaser trailer, but when I saw the gameplay that's when I said nope.

Before ward ruined their lore they could have.

pretty sure there is a fairly large and hostile necron dynasty in segmentum ultima that has just been waking up

>he doesn't know about the upcoming Tyrannic Wars 2: Necron Smackdown

Boss skelly is back in town and uniting the Necron dynasties to kill the Tyranids before they devour the galaxy.

Kill me now

You mean the 3rd Tyrannic War
iirc the silent king and some guy called anrakyr have been waking up worlds that are just on the verge of getting invaded by leviathan and they have all pretty much rekted the nids

The dungeons of Ophelia VII are also filled with countless Sisters pegging their fuckboy slaves.

Because Abbadon exists only to fail.

Also, gee, I wonder how a being with millennia of experience called THE DECEIVER could outwit a literal retard.

So,speaking hypothetically.

Who could/will win 40k? Or who has the best chance of doing the best?

I love the Ultramarines too.

I love that they work so closely with guardsmen.

The eldar, because apparently once they all die an eldar god of death will be born and they will be free from this universe.

Do the Eldar still have children?

The lore states that Eldar rangers are young and because of that they have that wanderlust that makes them reject the sombre life in the Craftworlds.

But that those mean that they were born after the Fall or that they were young at the time of the fall and still are (by Eldar standards) young?

Chaos, I'd say.

Tyranids are at the top at the moment.

Right after comes Chaos.

Then the necrons when they actually awake proper and get their mental problems fixed.

Then the Orkz because they are actually pretty united because of nids invading Octarius and attracting all the Orkz there, has the most high profile warbosses in the galaxy at the moment

If the emperor reincarnates somehow then they jump above chaos.

The eldar could win something if their death god awakes or some shit

The tau can never win anything unless they magically advance to win somehow

the dark eldar are irrelevant

then there are some minor factions but there are c'tan shards of the deceiver that have been reforming and significantly influencing major events.

Vect was born after the fall, iirc

>the eldar jobbing again
This is a big lie, Vect was born before the fall and if you ever disagree he will take you to his fun dungeon.

Wasn't there an actual piece of fluff somewhere stating that planets with SoB convents present tended to have inexplicably higher rates of young boys going missing than others?

>the dark eldar are irrelevant
DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

I hope imotekh uses one of the old dolmen gates he has (since inertialess drives are now canon again for some reason they don't actually use the gates) and invades the dark eldar shits and flays every single one of them and then throws a c'tan at their city or some shit

I imagine it would have been from the older Editions.

Xeno scum.

Astra militarum is the way to go.

Malcador sent Astartes and other agents to gather humans who had the "gift" aka pskers, from children to even Imperial Army soldiers. Brought them to Titan to create a new weapon to fight in a changing galaxy.

Just read a short story about a loyalist Thousand Son Marine do the things said above.

Vect would probably just throw them at the gate of khaine and let them and the daemons slaughter each other.

>The tau can never win anything unless they magically advance to win somehow

Nope, now the Tau are all masters of strategy and deception who cannot lose unless their opponent is a 4th dimensional chess player, and when the enemy does outwit them at one turn the Tau simply out-strategise them again and win even harder anyway.

Fucking hell that story campaign was a mistake. At least Aun'Va met a gristly fate, which was neat. The other Ethereals decided to go even more 1984 and covered it up by using holograms of him to make public addresses.

If there has ever been an existence as utterly unnecessary as the Dark Eldar's, it probably never existed to begin with.

MAGIC PAIN GLOVE

TELL ME WHAT I MUST DO

They still have kids as long as there are soulstones available.
I wonder how they handle that sort of thing though. I don't think it was ever mentioned if they have some sort of family registry or something that decides who gets the next available stone.

pretty sure the necrons would just fuck off back to their tomb world if that was the case
since one of the c'tans said it could spread its fires into the webway during WiH a transcendant one could just turn his city in a black hole or some shit

>that one time a few Space Marine ships entered Commoragh, blew half the place up, killed a shitton of Eldar on the ground, then retreated back to real space while taking less than a hundred casualties

Yeah, the Dark Eldar would be fucked if the Necrons went after them.

Tzeench of course

I want them to do terrible, terrible things to me.

Especially the one in the middle.

Did someone say Blood Angels?

Better lock my artifacts up.

Why would a necron wear clothes?

More like Ahriman
>Best chaos champion is still loyal to the Emperor

>Ahriman
>is still loyal to the Emperor
"No."

>tfw the servers are stuck in the warp again

It ain't done yet but when its done...

It still makes me chuckle that Commorragh was almost destroyed by a Waaagh! named Zoggit.
He misses the flesh.

How can I stay updated in this, user

Because that looks great.

>headless Sister of Battle
This is some Slaanesh shit right there.

Draw an SoB pegging some IG fuccboi.

If the Emperor had a TTS Device is autistic as fuck, why do I like it so much

I bet 80% of you fuckers have never touched the actual tabletop in your life

Nope. Tabletop is for nerds. I'll stick to videogames.

Playing dark heresy again tomorrow if that counts.

Dabbling deathwatch two or three times counts... r-right?

Never forget when Romney died fighting Horus in space.

>It still makes me chuckle that Commorragh was almost destroyed by a Waaagh! named Zoggit.
Not even close, m8. It was just some districts. I don't think you understand how large Commorragh actually is, not to mention it's built in bubbles of webway connected by portals. The orks could have destroyed the whole bubble they were in instead of just some districts of it and even then it wouldn't be a the slightest fraction of total Commorragh.

The only thing unique about the waagh is that it spread further than it should have, which is only because the deldar were using it to backstab, betray, and otherwise do their usual political maneuvering at the opportunity. In other words, that's business as usual for Low Commorragh, but there happens to be some orks present this time.

I wish I never did

SQUAD BROKEN

>Pert stopped a baneblade with his hands

What

When you think about it the Dark eldar are the most underused and most underpowered faction, they have no weapon of mass destruction, no incredibly powerful heroes and no endgame. The only thing going for them is Vect but even he is having difficulties to deal with troubles like Khaine's gate.

I wish i was TAU

I don't think you can be critical of people that don't get into Tabletop. It's expensive, takes a lot of time to get into and requires a lot of hard work.
Me growing Boyz that I started almost 2 years ago and still haven't all been painted yet

I wish I had a Tau.

You're already a nutless retard, so you're doing pretty good.

>Posting this on a video game board
You sure are special

The single thing about dark eldars that always makes me dumbfounded if how despite having no great weapons, no great techs and not even using warp powers they are able to use everyone else for their purposes. Space marines, chaos marines, tyranids, daemons, warp beasts, eldars and even necrons. Maybe they shouldn't have any actually powerful weapon.

Is Shas'la T'au Kais the strongest of the Tau?

I asked a drawfag to make something amazing. He's working on it.

I don't give a shit about the games really, I just like the setting.

Commander Farsight is a literal Gundam protagonist.

>most underpowered faction, they have no weapon of mass destruction, no incredibly powerful heroes and no endgame
A-user, they are one of the strongest factions. Even the nids are just a joke against them, and they literally infected and then captured a whole planet of them for some cheap easy biomass.

Stop for a second. Yes, they captured a planet. Of nids. And suffered almost no casualties while doing it. When breaking a hive fleet for the tau, they treated it as an testing environment for the haemonculi's latest experiments. When the tau later attacked them, the dark eldar completely overtook several tau worlds and captured every single inhabitant before the tau could even finish mustering reinforcements.

This goes for Imperial worlds as well. Whole regiments of IG can go missing in a single day when the deldar attack. One of the most heavily guarded fortresses in 40k, where the Imperium stores their nulls, was infiltrated and their nulls captured effortlessly. An STC is found that can completely negate Nurgle, and one archon steals it as a party gift for Vect. Destroying a Waaagh as she does.

They also have some of the most advanced technology in 40k. They are beyond even the craftworlders despite having no wraithbone. And speaking of, they are more numerous than the craftworlders. The inhabitants of Commorragh are described as "more numerous than a million craftworlds." The only thing they really lack is widespread armor, and that's because death doesn't mean anything to them, because they are effectively immortal. Some haemonculi even seek out new ways to die for the thrill of it.

Incredibly powerful heroes? Drazhar is literally the phoenix lord of the Striking Scorpions and entirely unbeatable in close combat.

So many people are criminally under-informed about the deldar and I have no idea why. And I haven't even finished my post when happens. Completely under-informed.

That's because they loot and scoot and the occasional instance where they're caught by a space marine chapter out in the open, the summary is three sentences which reads something like xeno scum got btfo praise the Emperor.

I've played it in Tabletop Simulator once.

>One of the most heavily guarded fortresses in 40k, where the Imperium stores their nulls, was infiltrated and their nulls captured effortlessly
But it was Vect and Lelith leading the party. What I was saying is that they manage to do those things without any monster like a Knight, or warp powers, like I said maybe they shouldn't have any powerful technologies or else...

Also how the fuck they have a "captive black hole"?

They prey on weakness and vulnerabilities and use top tier mobility to get in and out while they have the absolute advantage. That's what you want to do in mobility warfare, but it's easy for them in a galaxy where everyone is too preoccupied with everyone else. Meanwhile the Craftworlds are actually trying to divine a oath to ultimate victory against Chaos.

>no great weapons, no great techs
For posterity, let's look at some of the weapons and technology the dark eldar have.

>have stored a black hole in a casket as a prank against a fellow archon
>devloped the glass plague which turns anything it touches into glass, spreading rapidly across populations. Decided to weaponize it and use it for making handsome glass statues out of favored enemies.
>made a mirror that causes anything reflected in it to be hurled into a sun (one of my favorites)
>captured several stars and shoved them into the webway
>built literal dyson spheres around said suns
>later applied a translucent polarized film around the suns because they were "too bright"
>later shoved a planet full of tyranids into Commorragh for easy biomatter. Said planet now orbits one of their captured suns
>made a literal gigantic fortress out of flesh
>discovered how geneseed works and are ven able to isolate mutations it it (even weaponizing the Black Dragons' bone mutation)
>used technology to submerge an imperial world in 100% darkness when Night Lords were terrorizing it. Proceed to then terrorize and kill the Night Lords for sport. Surviving Night Lords are left with a fear of the dark.
There's more, but these are at the top of my head.

>What I was saying is that they manage to do those things without any monster like a Knight
Just because GW wanks imperials and doesn't give any focus to deldar doesn't mean they don't have tem. Deldar apparently use the Reventant Titan that the eldar do (probably too laziness to make a deldar unique one). In fluff though, a single coven of haemonculi made pic related for funsies and got to test it out against Chaos Space Marines. Keep in mind is mentions the Tower beat and ripped apart chaos titans.

>Also how the fuck they have a "captive black hole"?
Because that's their level of technology when they choose to employ it. They just prefer slicing throats with their own hands.

>Also how the fuck they have a "captive black hole"?
You don't know the half of it.

Oh

>made a literal gigantic fortress out of flesh
Hold on I need source on this

Anyone play ultimate apocalypse?

Dark eldar and orks are the last "fun" parts of 40k. Everything else is just too grimdark.

Literally (L I T E R A L L Y) in the image I posted there, user. If you want a book, it's in the Dark Eldar 6E codex (pg 22) and the 7E Haemonculus Supplement (section "The Chronicals of Endless Woe"). The image I posted is the 7E account of it.

>DE
>not grimdark

>grotesques using geneseeds from the primarchs working for the dark eldar
Just think about this for a second.

I said not "too" grimdark. They still have a lot of fun and ridiculousness to them, like the orks. That said, the new Beast series is making even the orks no longer fun and just grimderp evil aliens. It's propa tragic, if you ask me.

>some no-names one-upping fucking Fabius Bile
This is ward level

There's Warhammer in /tg/ Sim?

>Someone quotes Angron to disprove you

Tabletop sim allows players to create custom games and import models etc. It has features for playing D&D and that sort of thing.
Players just need to import Warhammer models.

Not him btw.

And the they retcon him to not existing
then retcon that retcon to bring him back but make him immortal completely missing the point on what made him awesome in the first place

I don't have friends, can I play against the AI or something?

Go to /tg/ and ask if others want to play.

>later shoved a planet full of tyranids into Commorragh for easy biomatter. Said planet now orbits one of their captured suns
You say this as if it's a feat worth something. If you cut off the Tyranids from their hive fleet, even a large amount of them, you effectively null their one main advantage, that is having effectively limitless reinforcements. It'd be easy to play with them in this neutered state.

In a straight up war of attrition, nothing would be able to stand up to Tyranids.

They somehow managed to turn tyranids into pets tho.

Tough every race has a trump card Its a tossup between Imperium Necrons and Tyranid

Tyranids slowly go feral when separated from the Hive Mind and lose their coordination. Another reason why it's not as impressive as you think.

But they somehow managed to tame some tyranids before separating them from the hive mind by pulling them into the webway.

At any rate they are studying how to use their genetic adaptability which on the hands of the Haemonculi is pretty scary.

>Imperium
>Winning
The Imperium is fucked. It's strong now simply because humans are so goddamn numerous, but the Imperium has been in decline for 10,000 years and it's not getting any stronger.
It'll come down to Nids vs Necrons. Chaos will get fucked when the sentient creatures whose thoughts power the gods get killed off. Orks lose when all the biomass is devoured. Humans, Eldar, Tau etc. are all fucked because they can't hold off the Nid tide.

The Imperium beat them to the punch there. It might not end well for the Deldar if they don't watch what they're doing.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Maerorus

Close to 4th or 5th. Lorgar after his awakening is canonically a really fucking strong psyker. He solo'd a greater demon of Khorne.

>worth is measured in how well they help the Ultramarines

>Eventually a liberation fleet consisting of Imperial Guard, the Imperial Fists lead by Captain Darnath Lysander and a fuckton of Assassins (including two Grand Masters) dropped in. Sure enough, during their first encounter she managed to dodge sniper fire from Imperial Fists Scouts and a Grand Master of the Vindicare temple while fighting Lysander, a combination of Assault and Veteran Marines, the Chapter's Emperor's Champion and the Grand Master of the Culexus, Lady Syncella. Legienstrasse killed a number of the Imperial Fists and the Culexus operative.
>During their second encounter (this time with Terminators, an Epistolary, an Eversor operative and once again the Emperor's Champion), the Grand Master of the Culexus temple and Lysander took the fight to Legienstrasse. She killed pretty much everyone but Lysander

Fucking hell, this is retarded

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Maerorus
But that seems more like an absolute net loss for the Imperium.

That's exactly my point, bro. If the Deldar massively fuck up while experimenting with Tyranids, they might just create an uncontrollable abomination and loose it upon the universe.

>mix tyranids geneseeds and warpbeasts genetic material
>open the khaine's gate and release the deathball inside before closing it again quickly

At any rate Haemonculi are used to mixing genetic materials.

it's a physics sandbox that's made to support tabletop games. No AI.

You can meet plenty of people willing to play, though.

I mean Angron stopped a Warhound titan from stomping Lorgar, with his hands.

>alphic hydras
>abnormally skilled
>working close to spess muhreens

Smells like alpha legion heresy

>filename
ain't that the fucking truth, christ

Would that even really matter when terminator armor can withstand being stepped on by titans?

Not just space marines, but the ultramarines.

just commit heresy

What happened to them?

How many heretics do I have to purge to get an Emperor sanctioned happy marriage with one?

Aren't they canon again?

>used technology to submerge an imperial world in 100% darkness when Night Lords were terrorizing it. Proceed to then terrorize and kill the Night Lords for sport. Surviving Night Lords are left with a fear of the dark.
I laughed

Malal himself is training their entire race to become the perfect warriors against chaos.

they got mostly eaten by 'Nids.

if you want some cool shit with a Squat read the Inquisition War trilogy.

actually read it anyway because it's fucking awesome and nobody remembers it.

They were eaten by Hive Fleet Behemoth on their way to Ultramar

What's some recommended reading on the zombie plague?

Played it in Tabletop Sim. Wasn't very fun to be honest.

Well Angron had just been crushed by a building and dug his way out with his bare hands, then proceeded to take the weight of the titan on his shoulders.
He was really angry.

Yes, they are now abhumans, all their native homeworlds were eaten by nids.

TOP KEK

Vulkan is the strongest mofo rivaling angron and magnus

jesus what a beast

Malice.

Is that the cyclonic torpedo bandito?

>WAAAGH Grizgutz, also known as 'the Lost Waaagh!' was lead into the Morloq system in 978.M41 by Ork Warlord Grizgutz, a noted kleptomaniac. Due to a strange accident of Warp-travel he returned to the system earlier in time than when he launched the WAAAGH itself. Grizlutz murdered his doppelgänger to have a spare of his favourite gun and the resulting confusion stopped the WAAAGH in its tracks.
ayylmao

higher res

Excuse me guys

>Big E watches Angron collect the freed slaves against the forces of Tyranny, far above in orbit of the planet
>Eventually comes to Angron and offers him a legion of his own
>Angron declines
>Big E assbusted
>teleports Angron and forcefully makes him leader of his new legion
>Angron gets asseradicated forever against the emperor

He would have never been angry if;

>The emperor helped defeat the tyrannical leaders of the planet and rebuild the planet
>the emperor teleported all of the freed slaves onto the ship, while performing exterminatus on them and then rebuild the planet

I don't get it, why is big e at times amazing and at other times fundamentally shortsighted?

Emps was stupid to make him the leader of anything in the first place. Angron was a psycho retard with nails in his noggin. It would have been smarter to kill him and go "What a shame. He went missing forever.'

Or he can remove the implant in his head, Emps is practically a god, he could have done that

>why is big e at times amazing and at other times fundamentally shortsighted?
Poor writing. ADB likes to write the Emperor as an idiot, McNeil is the middle road, and Abnett is the opposite of ADB.

>When Angron was teleported away by the Emperor from Nuceria he was examined aboard the Adamant Resolve's Apothecarion by Vel-Kheredar, the Archmagos Veneratus of the XIIth Legion and a representative of Kelbor-Hal, the Fabricator-General of the Mechanicum of Mars. After ordering the XIIth Legion's Techmarines and Apothecaries away, the Primarch was rendered somnolent by the psychic touch of Malcador the Sigillite. Vel-Kheredar examined the neural implants hammered into the Primarch's skull over the course of seven hours, all under the Sigillite's watchful eyes. The Archmagos discovered that the Butcher's Nails had remapped Angron's brain. When the Nails activated, they reduced the production of the neurotransmitter known as serotonin in the subject's brain to encourage instinctive aggression, just as they deadened emotional response and electrical activity to any other portion of the brain save for that which regulated the flow of adrenaline. Unfortunately, the malignant archeotech device had not been designed for the biological complexity of a Primarch's brain, as it eroded mental stability and slowly damaged the subjects' capacity to reason. The implants also impinged on higher brain function by rewriting emotional responses. To make matters worse, removing the Butcher's Nails would only result in the death of the Primarch.

oh shit

I don't think Angron wanted them removed. Dude was crazy.

>"You kept that mule Kor Phaeron. Russ kept his kin-friends. The Lion kept Luther. Humans - brothers and foster fathers - saved and raised into Legion ranks. But not me. Not Angron, no. Did the Emperor teleport his gold-wrapped Custodians down to help me and my army? No. Did he free the War Hounds and order them to battle, fight alongside me? No. Did he save my brothers and sisters the way he spared and honoured the Lion's closest kin? The way he honoured Kor Phaeron? No, no and no. No mercy for Angron. Angron the Oathbreaker. Angron the Betrayer."
>— Primarch Angron explaining his anger towards the Emperor to his brother Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Wow he even mentions it

Shit man, Angron was never in control his entire life, no wonder he went to chaos.

Why didn't he just take his newly acquired legion back to his home planet to truly finish the job then?

was he all that bad?

because he failed to.

His comrades were all dead by that point. They were in the middle of their last stand when Emps yanked him off the planet.

Because it doesn't change the fact that as soon as he gained control of his life, something else come along and taken it from him again.

Angron shows surprising wisdom in his moments of lucidity, he isn't just a psycopath.

Does the Emperor have zero social skills? Is he legit autistic?

In the grand scheme of things, he might've led to something bad. On the short term, no. The Emperor definitely acted a bit too brashly and it cost him dearly later on.

>oh wow look at this newgrounds tier shitty anima-

...oh boy...

id4chan mentions that the emperor made a deal with the tyrannical government to make the capture of angron easier while fucking over the rest and never tells angron about it

the warhammer40k wikia doesn't mentions this though

Sometimes it seems that way, yes.

Who else excited for Deathwing?

My legs are ready

Stop mentioning it. I'm trying to forget so waiting won't bother me so much.

based Tzeetch

Fun fact: There isn't a proper way to pronounce his name, and wondering how to do so feeds him.

>That helmet
He's been there a while, hasn't he?

christ

But user, almost only one month is left to wait

oh fuck

Zea-ënch
oh fug my sou-

I don't think it's a lack of social skills, he did unify humanity after all, rather the fact that he probably operates on a level completely beyond the scope of practically anyone.

So of course, this comes off as autism and bites him in the ass more than once.

I've never played a warhammer 40k game in my life.

Where do I start? because I want to play Space Hulk Deathwing in november.

clarify senpai

Is there any actual fact that the shaman souls talk to him or is it fanwank? That and him not being aware of who he's talking to sound dumb as fuck.

That's a Golden Crusade helmet. His paint has also faded completely.

>ignores thunder warriors
>ignores the last church

big e is a cunt, he means well but hes still a cunt

>emp looks into the warp and makes bargains
NANI

If you want to understand some of the fluff then the wh40k lexicanum is a good place to start. Just hop around the wiki reading stuff. The important shit is the main factions, the Horus heresy, the great crusade, and the age of strife.
If you are talking about the games, then you can just hop right in. There are also a ton of books. There's a /tg/ mega with a shitload of books and some audiobooks here

Dawn of War and all of the expansions in order

Mod Dark Crusade (Second expansion) or Soulstorm (Third expansion) then play Space Marine.

Skip DoWII and everything else is trash.

I like Eternal Crusade even if it's a pale shadow of what could've been. Hawk is fun as fuck.

>Instead of bringing his 20 intellectual and physical monstrosities of a demi-god sons together or telepathically telling them that he's building a webway
>I'll just be quiet

He was too obsessed with his pet project to care about the small things. Except said small things weren't small after all and he paid for it.

DELET

seems like a amalgamation of shamans isn't above obsession either
damn it

Surprisingly accurate.

oh shit, just read about it

>Skip DoWII and everything else is trash.
Why do retards keep saying this? They aren't horrible games and are worth a play, especially just for the campaigns alone.

DoW 2 was a moba before mobas were cool and took itself too seriously

Because heretics can't heed the Holy Truth.

GODDAMNIT CAN YOU NOT POST THAT IN EVERY THREAD

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

well shit that's pretty accurate

Shut up, DC shitposter.

And now for some legions.

Imperial Fists
Pretty sure what happened was that the overlord popped a C'tan shard and then instantly killed it by touching it

My Battle-Brother

man

w40k is so cool

DC had the best campaign and lacked the retarded shit of SS. That's all I wanted.

You are entitled to your opinion. Just take care to not parade it as fact.

okay

Some people seem to have a goddamn exterminatus on their asses just because DoW 2 is pretty much a different genre of game.

I mean, part of the hate is justified, with the genre shift and valid criticisms, and liking one game and/or expansion over the other is absolutely fine, but what annoys me is that some people like DoW 2 is the game equivalent of someone somehow invading the imperial palace, all the way to the golden throne, and taking a fat shit on top of the emperor's head.

>emperor can detect the smallest feint of corruption
>big horus gets a free pass

ahhh

>not living free of the ethereals in tau harmony on farsight rebel worlds

Fucking this, hell I'd even go as far as to say that most people should play every single one of the campaigns of WA DC and SS at least once.

>ruined

Made better*

No 40k game will EVER surpass Soulstorm + Ultimate Apocalypse with all faction mods

>simpsons
uhhhhh......no???????????

>alpha legion isn't guy cognito

>The-The chaos gods did it

>Sons of Horus
>laughing evil face
?

Yes, read last church on earth

>soulstorm + UA

The legion captains were conspiring with Horus to do nefarious shit. They engaged in all sorts of chaos fuckery before the actual heresy. They were summoning daemons and generally doing a lot of evil plotting.

Huh. I haven't read the HH series, but I did read up on Istvaan III. The Luna Wolves that weren't total assbandits seemed straight bro-tier.

Commander Gundam is actually a pretty awesome guy.

The ones loyal to the emperor were great dudes.
Which is why Horus virus bombed all the loyal marines

Best sons are Rogal Dorn and

Alpharius

>there will never be an isometric inquisitor rpg set in a sprawling hive complex
>there will never be a commoragh GTA clone where you zoom around the dark city, joing the faction of your choice and engaging in realspace raids
>there will never be a republic commando style Deathwatch FPS where you command a motley crew of marines from wildly different chapters as you purge the xenos
>there will never be an imperial governor city sim where you manage the resources, infrastructure, trade and defense of an imperial world
>there will never an Eldar TPS as you walk the paths of the warrior across multiple worlds and campaigns as you sample each discipline on your road to becoming an Autarch
>there will never be a Genestealer stealth action game as you infiltrate an imperial city and gradually build up your brood in secrecy as you corrupt the populace
>there will never be a feral ork survival sim where you begin as a lowly feral tribal ork and progress from basic survival to contesting territory with other tribes to attacking the more advanced locals and claiming their tech to being picked up by a passing waagh to take the fightin' to the stars
>there will never be an all stars 40k smash clone
>there will never be an ork kart.

How would the Imperium be different if the Emperor had completed the webway before Horus fucked him up?

That's something we'll never know.

> Ork kart.

I WISH FOR THIS

Tau are short, weak manlets with low life expectancy.

Humanity is to them as Space marines and Eldar are to humans.

The Imperium would be wrecking everyone's shit left and right with the greatest of ease. Everything would be 40,000x more mobile because they wouldn't really need navigators any more.

>Alpharius
Let's look at this practically. Alph betrayed Emps because so long as Horus won, chaos wouldn't get a total victory. His betrayal was supposed to be essential to a Horus victory and the inevitable assault against chaos. So he betrayed, and then Horus lost.

Alph then has literally no reason to remain a traitor legion. But he does, slowly trying to wittle down the Imperium despite that doing literally nothing for their goal of defeating chaos. They are striving for the death of humanity without the original goal of taking chaos down with them.

It's just stupid. Alpharius is stupid. Alpha Legion are stupid.

Dorn and Lion a best though. Loyalty is its own reward, Alpha scum.

I want this picture! Please tell me you bought it somewhere online

And omegon?

Luftrausers/Gear Up game with an ork skin and humor would be the tits

The only way Alpha Legion wouldn't suck would be if they weren't chaos marines at all, but if GW simply allowed renegade marines to exist without needing to be chaos.

Not him but its from this artist senpai

d1sarmon1a.deviantart.com/art/Emperor-of-Mankind-529273997

That still doesn't change the fact that the one and only goal of the Alpha Legion for the last 10,000 years has been the slow destruction of the Imperium. That's all they've done, except without Horus there is no end game to it besides wiping out humanity. The "Alpha Legion may actually be loyalists" idea is straight bollocks.

He's alright, tbqh. Better than Alpharius was. However, Omegon is 100% responsible for the whole 10,000 years of stupidity after Alpharius' death, so he has that going against him.

>Alph then has literally no reason to remain a traitor legion

fucking retard you don't understand ANYTHING

iirc Necron lord cloaks are solid energy because their super tech gives them surpluses of energy

You imply that it wasn't a normal space marine killed all those years ago in the place of Alpharius.

Explain it then. How is Alpharius still loyal to the Emperor while trying to wipe out the Imperium after Horus' death?

This is only true because no other game developer will ever actually add all the factions.

> COMPLEX MOTIVES

do honestly think that alpha legion hasn't been fighting chaos, and the enemies of the empire as well?>??

When it comes to the Alpha legion I plug my fingers into my ears and ignore all the shitty HH fluff and imagine that the way they work is there's some sort of inner cabal that is the 'true legion', and they surround themselves with a bunch of renegades flying their colours who are basically decoys working indirectly for the inner circle, which explains stuff like the Dawn of war alphas.

It's the only way I can stomach them. Less is more people, we don't need to know what they're really doing.

I actually remember going to a tabletop game shop wheI was like 6. I didn't know what 40k was at the time or why my mom was there but I remember seeing all the box cover and people playing with models. I think I got a Ultramarines model out of it.

>lorgar saved angron's life by forcing him into daemonhood
true bro, even if its messed up

Correct, with the exception of their Alphic Hydras cult. Other renegade loyalists have tried working with them for this exact assumption and were only betrayed time and time again, to the point of blowing them off (and up) and fucking off to find real ways of helping humanity.

>Less is more people, we don't need to know what they're really doing.
This sums up 100% of everything that's wrong with Black Library. Man, that's amazingly concise.

they have to convince chaos that theyre on their side too bro use your fuckin melon

I honestly don't get that part of the lore. The Emperor can make entire planets disappear but he can't pull cancerous nails out of his own sons head. What a prick.

Awesome

ty

Archeotech brah. it just werks.

Metzen writes WH40K material now?

Cypher has done that far better than them, and even then he couldn't deal with their bullshit for longer than a couple decades.

was khan the only loyal primarch who saw how fucked up the emperor was in his methods?

literally who

Perturabo or Ferrus Manus probably could've figured a way to get rid of the nails. Perturabo ecspecially was really interested and well versed in archeotech.

MAGNUS THE RED DID NOTHING WRONG

Other than fucking up the webway.

Exactly. :^)

Soulstorm on Hard is literally impossible
Every base has level 10 defense a few turns in and it becomes logistically impossible to defeat 2 bases at the same time who already has a huge garrison to fuck your shit up
Also, why the fuck does the AI gain honor guard despite having no fucking lands. They didnt think this shit through

>he doesn't know who cypher is

And trusting Ahriman

I think others saw a flaw here and there, but Jhagadingdong was definitely one of the best primarchs.

aye he was

1d4chan.org/wiki/Primarch#Douchebagginess

Vulcan and Jagadaggle were fucking based.

Looks like a chaos warlord.

OH FUCK
Episode 24 of If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device was released

Are there any dawn of war mods that add Deathwatch

or even better an xcom mod where you play as deathwatch

I hate that series for the way it handles the inquistion. Clearly only created by someone who browsed lexicanum for 5 minutes for his lore.

God those poses look so lifeless.

too bad they are not the ones pursuing Cipher

>or even better an xcom mod where you play as deathwatch
The closest thing i could remember was the deatwatch mobile game (i'm pretty sure it had a not-so-good pc port).

For a mobile game its surprisingly decent. Pretty basic turn-based thing, but given how the mobile game library has more shovelware than the ps2, the wii and the gameboy advance combined, this is a good feat.

heavy metal quality as usual

or that no other game will be made with modding at it's core like the good ol' DoW 1

those days are long gone sadly
battlefield 1942, unreal 2k4, all gone

>implying they stand a chance against cypher

You underestimate the power of Deus Vult.

The problem with the alpha legion is that they never truly had a master, it is the single reason why the supposed death of Alpharius didn't bother them.

a ghostly ass dualwielding nigga with a sheathed necrodermis sword doesn't give a flying fuck about deus volt

the templars caught him, gave him over to the dark angels and he just literally vanished like a chad who impregnated a teenager

I have a question, what if orkz invaded a planet and the residents just ignored them?
Would the orkz just go away since all they want is fightan?

You got it all wrong, METZEN was corrupted by reading too much Chaos Fluff and then started to corrupt all his characters, now he has started the redemption cycle which means that somehow Horus will save the Emperium from the Chaos gods, just like Slaanesh will save the eldar.

NEVER
FORGET

Angron openly refused to let his father rip the nails out originally.
Then they changed it because we can't have the traitor primarchs be wrong or the emperor not look like an uncaring twat at every given instance.

The orks would probably get angry that the residents are a bunch of pansies (or panzees, in orkspeak), and them stomp and loot everything as usual.

Dorn is the best character

>Risk maps never again
>TPS 40k never again
>TPS 40k featuring other faction campaigns NEVER EVER
>MULTIPLAYER risk maps never ever
>Dark eldar never again
>the REVAMPED Dark eldar never ever
>Good Warhammer MMO never again
>Good 40k MMO NEVER EVER
>40k MMORTS NEVER EVER
Not the emperor, not the chaos gods, not even the biggest WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAG would manage to lift me from this depression.

Help me Cred Forums

The orks would simply kill the residents, expecting retribution from the Imperium.

Depends on the orks to be honest, Da Emperor's Greenest would simply do their best to help them.

How exactly should I get into the lore of all this?

I quite like the world and overall tone.

...user, the outright given reason that they didn't care about Alpharius' death is because Omegon was still there to lead them. How could you miss something so fundamentally simple?

Play the first DoW game, that way you learn about the elves, space marines, edge marines, and the orcs.

Then play the expansion, Winter Assault to learn about the imperial guard

Then go from there and play whatever you want

Start with Space Marines and the Imperium then go downhill from there.

The lexicanum (pretty much a big-ass fan wiki, except good) is a good place to start searching stuff.

The "if the emperor had a text-to-speech device" is really fun, but its better to watch it once you learn some more about the lore.

Just go to the wiki and hop around. Important shit is the main factions, the horus heresy, the emperor, and some other stuff that will become obvious.
There's also a billion books to read if you want to.
40k is like half serious and half balls to the wall insane. Cheese comes with the territory.

Read the entire TVTropes page about it

Nobody knows there's no official answer, it may be that Alph never died, it may be that Omegon was there to lead them, it may be that because of the fractured and for lack of better word unorganization of the chapter they never felt a difference.

I'm in a loving, committed relationship with an Eldar Farseer.

>Pretty sure what happened was that the overlord popped a C'tan shard and then instantly killed it by touching it
nope, that was another one
"He slipped in the blood. Things swam in it, wormlike organisms and other, less identifiable creatures. They popped beneath his strides.

Anrakyr cast his spear, lancing the weapon deep into the organism’s head. The animal slowed with a trilling squeal. He tried to sprint forward, but the blood slowed him. He managed a run. Then he leapt, fingers punching into the beast’s side.

Other tyranids continued to spill from holes in its side, but Anrakyr ignored them. Thin blood oozed from the small wounds he punched in. He clambered onto its back and ran forward.

It bucked and trembled, trying to dislodge the necron overlord. Anrakyr nearly lost his footing, only just avoiding falling from its side to be trampled beneath its thrashing claws. An orifice opened before him and a hissing thing climbed out. Anrakyr’s fist took it through the skull, punching through chitin and bone, popping the brain.

His spear gleamed where it was lodged in the greater creature’s skull. It beckoned, like a flag. He wrapped his hands around the haft of the spear and thrust down, driving it through the braincase of the beast. It screamed one last time before it collapsed.

Anrakyr leapt clear, ploughing through the pooling tyranid blood. He paused a moment, letting the sense of victory flow through him, but it felt hollow. The tyranids lost their coordination, milling in confusion.

The overlord left the colossal corpse behind and rejoined the main body of his necrons."
I think this happened when he was trying to wake up the tomb world, not when he was trying to kill nids

STOP before you start getting into this, know that GW will never use the setting to it's full potential and you'll will be forever depressed with "what could have been".

>Da Emperor's Greenest
I'm imagining an ork group that imagined their hardest to pass as a SM chapter or something, and it's gotten to the point where both normal imperials and the orkz themselves think they're normal Imperial citizens.

Read the Lexicanum wiki

Also play Dawn of War Dark Crusade/Soulstorm

W40K is a grim and dark fantasy universe were everything is uncannily fucked and somehow mankind has survived all these years, not without a toll on their sanity.

Considering how some chapters, namely the Minotaurs, act I wouldn't be surprised if some orks could actually be part of the Imperium.

Pick the faction you like and start reading the lore
Everything is super interesting and entertaining to read

Please guys I just want to read about the plague, I know there's a novel on it and I know there may be more but even the wikis aren't organized on this topic.

Why other fantasy lore and universes don't do what w40k does and make everyone evil, but the fun kind of evil?

It's tiring when they try to force down your throat the idea of "the good guys do no wrong" and "the bad guys never win"

40k is "everyone is fucking evil, but it's YOUR kind of evil so it's cool... to you"

post more pls

Tervigon, mate.

Not a bio-titan.

Anrakyr is fucking hard, but no Overlord is badass enough to 1v1 a titan except our boy Imotekh.

well shit i misread/skimmed over

Close.

Fuck this, I'm joining Chaos!

DON'T YOU DARE

Kommandos are pretty great.

UH OOOOOOOHHHH

1d4chan.org/wiki/Deffwotch

Great now I won't be a virgin anymore

Yeah son, come here, we have the best bitches and your darkest desires come true

Who can say this is not the real face of mankind?

I remember at some point an user in one of these threads mentioned that the Imperium of Man once came across a civilization of regular humans with power armor but got stomped against space marines.

Does anyone know where I can read about that?

This is an eldar tho, dark eldar at that.

Eldars aren't cute. Eldars are no human. They're selfish, brutal and stubborn old race that will rip your head off for fun or disdain. And those are the regular eldars.

>Posts a Dark Eldar
You're cruisin' for a skullfucking you knife-eared shit.

What are the alliances in fluff that pop up every once in a while?

Harlequins forcing all their wayward kin to fight under a single banner again.

Anything that isn't Chaos, Orkz or Tyranids

>Tau tried to culturally enrich the Dark Eldar once
>Asked their help to fight of an invasion
>"Yeah sure, come on in to our vessels"
>The ambassadors and taskforce was returned as pain abominations, merged and twisted into a big ass pulp of a body and thrown into the mid of the fight
>"There's our contribution"

Tau are naive as they're disciplined.

Eldar/Imperium.

I think somewhere I read about a brief Tau/Imperium alliance but I don't remember the details.

The Beast Arises series has an Imperial Fists successor chapter ally with Iron Warriors to slaughter Orks.

And yet they still manage to lose to puny Tyranids.

>Leviathan Tendril
>Puny

You forgot the part where the Tau head to the battlefield in a huff to get at the Dark Eldar and leave their civilian population lightly defended.
Only for Vect and his crew to capture them all.

Tau females are not attractive.

Cute.

>alright we got this, boys. lets save the craftworld again
>oh godamnit who invited these faggots?

>Don't be such a stick in the mud, cousin, it'll be fun!

Tau/Imperium alliance was during the Hive Fleet Behemoth invasion, and was honestly more of a Tau/Ultramarines alliance. High point was Calgar(?) allowing the Tau to get their people off a planet before bombing it to shit, a previously unheard of act of xenophilia.

Avoid the 40k wikia. It's rambly unsourced fanfic that's horribly organized.

>dark eldar
>chaos
The triggering continues. Why are people so under-informed about deldar?

There is no lore that I know of where deldar have lost to nids. They beat them for Iyanden and they beat them for the tau. They were beating them for the exodites before revealing they actually wanted the nids to win and captured the whole planet for free biomass and put it in orbit around one of their stolen suns.

Could be the Interex or maybe the Auretian Technocracy, both of those are pre heresy, I can't remember any others.

The Tau and Eldar often have trades with the Imperium

Thing is everyone is xenophobic to a degree but

It's the 40k universe, wouldn't you?

Urien Rakarth, not Vect. Urien is twice as hardcore as Vect. He's also been around since pre-fall, doing all the usual haemonculus things back when that was creating the dark god.

I thought the both of them were there.

Sorry, wrong canon fodder, they were defeated by daemons wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Masque_of_the_Laughing_Circus

Those two don't really work together, iirc. Urien is to haemonculi what Vect is to archon and Lelith is to succubi, except that Lelith works for Vect and Urien doesn't.

I'll go double check though.

They were, but Vect was a teenager (or Eldar equivalent) about to be sacrificed when all hell broke loose, and came to power after, while Rakarth was already a pro at his job.

What is "all faction mods"

Is there like a complete edition of UA beyond the moddb download? I lost my HDD that had all my DoW mods from ages ago, this thread makes me want to get it back but there's so many incomplete DoW mods across the net it's boggling to try and find where to begin

Puuuuuuuurging wiiiiiiiiiiiiith my kiiiiiiiiiiiiin~

See I love all of the lore I read on the wikia every now and then, but are there like books or something I should read? Is there an original source material I can get for warhammer 40k lore? Where do I start?

...What? user, we're talking about when the tau accepted Urien's aid at the end of M41. Vect came to power only 4,000 years after The Fall of the Eldar. Vect was by no means "an eldar teenager" at this time. What in the blazes are you confusing this with?

I checked. Yes, Vect showed up at the end, after the betrayal. Pic related.

If you're looking for novels
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Novels
Take your pick.

>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Novels
lord have mercy that's quite a list, does the order matter at all?

Ah, I see.
I wish we'd get more about the Dark Eldar, they're criminally underrated for what they can bring to the table.

talked about Urien being around "since pre-fall".

replies, saying "I thought the both of them were there".

I thought he was trying to establish whether or not Vect was pre-fall.

I mean, Angron squats with Titans

Honestly, the best are the codices themselves. The rulebook is pretty comprehensive in its overview, while every edition of the army codices have their bits that stand out. You can pick them up over at /tg/ in the links of the general.

Needs more lizardmen.

Was Vect pre-Fall? I know he makes his promise in M32, and he took control in M34-M35, but he actually was alive to see the Fall?

Not necessarily but a nice place to start to get a good idea of things would be the Horus heresy

I find it kinda cute when two races are willing to help each other in some way.

In an insane world like this simply wanting someone else to not die is like holding hands.

>refer to themselves as Dark Eldar

Seems pretty odd. Craftworld Eldar don't go around calling themselves that.

It is, now that I think about it. In Path of the Renegade, the deldar are said to actively mock the term, instead referring to themselves as "true eldar" and the craftworlders as "backward country cousins."

Avoid novels by faction or topic, get novels by author. Pick up one book by author, if it doesn't interest you switch authors. There are definite stinkers in the list, and 40k tends to be a pretty uninteresting setting when the author is boring.

The most agreed upon "best" authors are Graham McNeill, Sandy Mitchell, and probably Josh Reynolds. I've heard good and bad about Gav Thorpe, but I haven't read any of his shit.

Oh, and Dan Abnett. I don't know his name slipped my mind.

>Dan Abnett

Never recommend Dan Abnett to a person wanting to read 40k books as an introduction to the setting.

He's notorious for doing his own 'thing' in regards to certain elements of the setting.

>started with DoW2
Am I in for a better experience with the previous games?

Vect tells of the Fall in an old White Dwarf snippet, used to be on the GW website but it was lost along with the rest in their great wipe. You can still read it here
scribd.com/document/47038314/TheTorturersTale

Get out LIIVI

Its an RTS game where the whole point of it is to never fight your enemy ever.

i.yuki.la/tg/1376851184172.pdf
Torturer's Tale, by Gavin Thorpe.

Vect showing the scar heavily heavily implies so.

Reminder that Magnus was right.

Shut up you fucking nerd.

hi magnus

about what
he sure as fuck wasn't right about breaching the barrier

Literally nothing wrong!!

that's just a witchblade character

>ankh of the triarch

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a female Necrontyr.

Alpha

Reminder that Magnus is hot

Why hasn't the Imperium/Eldar conquered other galaxies outside the Milky Way?

because they got eaten by nids or something
>inb4 some faggot says there's le orkz out there xDd

I enjoyed that. It doesn't mesh with modern canon, and he doesn't have scar or scarf in the newest books - and, to be frank, it hardly meshed with the canon at the time as the materium eldar died irregardless of their penchant for excess, such as craftworlders and exodites - but dark eldar fluff is so rare you take what you can get.

I like this Vect a lot more than the current one too. Just the right amount of insanity and whimsy.

You don't seem to understand how massive the distances between galaxies are.

>why haven't the eldar used the non-existent inter-galactic webway to go to another galaxy

Gee I dunno.

Also, the Craftworld Eldar need soulstones. If they just up and fucked off to make the trip to another galaxy (which they could probably do, since the Craftworlds are entirely self sufficient), then they would all doom themselves to Slaanesh's torment when they died. Soulstones can only be found in the Eye of Terror.

I hear ya.

Well, its not like the distance between one end to the galaxy and the other is short and the factions seem to move about it just fine, so what keeps everybody confined to this one galaxy if everybody except Nids and Tau have FTL travel?

The distance from one end of the galaxy to another is minuscule when compared to the distances between galaxies.

>the factions seem to move about it just fine

'Fine' is relative. It would still take an Imperial ship hundreds of years to cross from one end of the Imperium to the other, making frequent stops and route changes. And they would probably die in the attempt anyways. Even the webway is fucked up and the Eldar have a hard time getting to places that are remote and distant.

The trip to get to another galaxy (if it is even possible with Warp travel) would be nigh impossible. The Tyranids only managed it because they go into hibernation mode and just drift.

That's the blood ravens you moron.

>It would still take an Imperial ship hundreds of years to cross from one end of the Imperium to the other
Oh, I thought the Imperium's FTL speed was faster than that, does that mean Imperium forces on one side of the galaxy are incapable of sending support to a battle after a certain distance away even if winning that battle is crucial and the extra support would turn the tides? That's kinda sad.

earth caste are thicc as fuk

>does that mean Imperium forces on one side of the galaxy are incapable of sending support to a battle after a certain distance away even if winning that battle is crucial and the extra support would turn the tides?

Pretty much. Sectors and subsectors draw upon forces that are closest to the conflict. And sometimes they're not able to respond in time.

But remember that major wars take years, if not decades, to come to completion. If the conflict is big enough, it won't be over by the time the Imperium can send fresh regiments of IG.