youtube.com/watch?v=JRNOk2u8fC0
youtube.com/watch?v=9yvMKM5-50Q
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article
youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yr409HioE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9EkiUke7k
youtube.com/watch?v=JFRCdfIGVvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MS is working on original Xbox compatibility for Xbox One and Scorpio.

>console have no games worth playing
>thinking it will have emulator
welcome to the internet

>own it on both XBOX and PS3

>Xbox One and Scorpio
Let me know when they'll let me just put the disc into my computer and play it on an official Xbox emulator with a digital download store for games similar to steam

>PS3
But that version is for babies

>>console have no games worth playing
>he actually believes the OG Xbox has 'no games worth playing'

it's better and harder than the original

>kept 360 for this and all the XBLA saturn ports.

Fuck yes. Can't wait to play it.

go sit in the corner champ

>it's better and harder than the original

>X360 emulation is closer to playable than original XBOX

that is an objectively false statement

>the nightmares
I don't think I'll ever struggle to beat a game like I did to beat this one.

Turn on hard or very hard.

I still own an XBOX.

You can do that on the Xbox version too

Difficulty was toned down, enemy count was REDUCED because the PS3 couldn't handle numbers that even the OG Xbox handled fine, and the Windmill Shuriken was removed as well.

I can play this on a 360 right?

Then get off your arse and make an xbox emulator that specifically runs this game perfectly

Yes

Mine broke years ago, and now it can't read any discs

>he is actually and think shitty ports of dreamcast are worth playing

>the Windmill Shuriken was removed
Nice fucking bullshit

Are you trying to say Jet Set Radio Future is a dreamcast port?

>orginal xbox costs around 20 bucks used
>game itself is like 10 bucks on ebay
>game is backwards compatible on 360
>can buy it on 360 digitally for 10 dollars

There's lots of ways you can replay this

Won't be any good for NGB, they lost the source code.
Best case scenario is they get Sigma ported to PC.

Replay it whenever you want. Unless your too cheap to buy an Xbox and the game.

literally everything in this post is a heap of horseshit

>>tfw you will never be able to replay this game

You can buy a OG XBOX and Ninja Gaiden Black for less than $30

Sigma literally has more Saving Dragon Statues than in Black.

Don't talk shit bro, Sigma and Black have differences, no need to resort for lies.

Enemy numbers are the same in Sigma and Black, and the Winmill Shuriken is there.

It is II and Sigma II that have different enemy count, with II having way more than Sigma II.

PCfats don't pay for games.

>enemy count was REDUCED because the PS3 couldn't handle numbers
So all those times I was fighting 6+ white ninjas and 10 demons was a lie?

microshills out in force tonight

You tried to shipost so hard you somehow ended up talking about the difference between NGII and Sigma II, at least on the enemy count part.

At any case Sigma is slightly easier than Black, it has more Save Spots, not many, but I do recall 3 or so new statues in places they weren't originally for Black; the Vigoorian Bersekers are less fierce and less enemies punish you for spaming the Flying Swallow.

Hey guys. I was just thinking about this genre and made a thread. come inside, let's hangout!

It's a decade old game you stupid fuck.

>tonight
Literally every country that matters in the world is noon at best, what shithole you come from?

We we do however have Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z...but then everyone will agree that it's not so good.

>Sigmafags always console warriors

>not so good.
It's literally trash, how could KT and Team Ninja even allow Keiji Inafune to use their brand for Concept to rape even further after fans were still mad about NGIII.

I've never played a 3D Ninja Gaiden game before and I don't have previous gen consoles at the moment.

Is Razor's Edge worth playing by itself? Is it only massively disappointing because of its pedigree, or is it actually bad?

>Is it only massively disappointing because of its pedigree, or is it actually bad?
Disapointing because of its pedigree, it is just an attempt to salvage the absolute turd that was vanilla NGIII, but in itself is not a Ninja Gaiden game you be proud of, as a standlone game though is not a bad game per se.

In short Razor's Edge is not a bad game, just not as good as a Ninja Gaiden game should be.

Where the fuck do you see $20 Xboxes
I only see $50 ones

It's perfectly servicable if you play it without any real expectations, so yes.
It's not completely shit-free because it's still fundamentally built on the horseshit that was vanilla NG3, but it's still viable as an action game.

what the fuck does that matter you prick?

england? the best country in the world?

I loved NG1, Black, Sigma 1 and Sigma 2. But I hated NG III and Razor's Edge. You can play games like NG1 and 2 and get through on actual skill. NGIII and Razor's Edge is just bullshit memorization. Every boss has 2-3 forms and automatic events. It becomes a game of how much you can heal to survive undodgable attacks. Whereas you can play bosses in NG1 and 2 and never get hit if you're good enough.

>microshill
>the post

>microshill
>Sigma is a PS3 game

Kill yourself, platform warrior.

Flea markets, thrift shops, yard sales. You're not going to get a reasonably priced online, you have to look around and get a little lucky but I see them all the time

>Sigma
>Microsoft

>when the doritos and mountain dew hit the marketplace I left so I didn't get a chance to play NG2. That's why I got stuck with Sigma 2

ok.

>he's never actually played the perfection that is Ninja Gaiden Black

>he mentio(ned sigma so he must b e endorsing that

no

he was bashing it and endorsing the originaol box vewrsiobns

hens

XBOX360

MICORSHILL

>he was bashing it and endorsing the originaol box vewrsiobns
>I loved NG1, Black, Sigma 1 and Sigma 2.

So you can't even read. Got it.

Are you a third world nigger?

I'm the one who wrote that above post. I said I liked Ninja Gaiden 1 and Black (which I own on XBOX) and Sigma 1 and 2 (which I own on PS3). I then bought NGIII on PS3 and Razor's Edge on Wii U. Both of which I didn't like.

And you are a total idiot.

Further proof that Yuropoors and canuckolds should be banned from Cred Forums.

Straya gets a bad rap when the shitposting js mostly from shitholes like Canada and Britain.

YOOO

TOO MANY VODKAS YOU FEELS ME

XOXOXO

>>tfw you will never be able to replay this game
Got an Xbox at goodwill for $10.

Don't ask me. Also people bought it for Hayabusa.

And yeah, it was bad. Worse than NGIII.

I'm pretty sure you've posted this before and I want you to link the source where you saw that quote. Tecmo/Team Ninja has never said anything about losing the source code, stop spreading misinformation.

I'm going to give it a shot then. Thanks. WiiU version is fine right?

Well then at least it can only go up from there.

Just buy an Xbox. It's not that hard.

Why do people say this? I played both extensively back in high school and never noticed such thing.

Can you point some things out that back that up?

But I have it for Xbox, user.

Just buy a Vita and play it on that.
Handheld NG is god tier.

Before anons start bitching about the Vita's capabilities it's a brilliant port.

Enjoy your thread going down in flames over what to call the genre.

>it's a brilliant port.
I'm playing it right now and I'm fucking impressed

Anyone ever play Ninja Gaiden DS?

Surprisingly decent, really weird. You held your DS sideways and used the touchscreen for everything.

He's massively exaggerating, but there are slight differences.

The most major one I noticed is the skeleton archers on the platforms before the Dragon Skeleton boss. In NGB there was no Musamasa statue at the bottom, the skeletons blocked Flying Swallow and always respawned every time you fell down, making getting past them a fucking nightmare.

In Sigma there's a Muramasa statue at the bottom in case you need to replenish exhaustibles and I'm pretty sure they don't block Flying Swallow. I'm not sure if they even respawn or not if you fall down in Sigma because it was just so much easier that I don't think I even fell once.

You can hit them with Vigoorian Flail's flying swallow in NGB. But like you said they're immune to the Dragon Sword's FS.

Nice one user, didn't expect anybody in this thread to agree!

You can get a 360 and the game for like 30 bucks.

I just hope the NGS2 port is not as bad as some say, now that we can overclock the Vita

>Those fucking bow controls
Made Chapter 10 and 11 absolutely awful. Holy shit, man.

Didn't know that, that's actually really useful to know. Thanks.

You realise you can play Sigma on PC, like right now?

playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/

Even if you don't have an Xbox fat, the game runs alright enough on 360. Aside from the save bug the only noticeable difference is the prerendered cutscenes run at half the framerate. Which isn't a big loss since the cutscenes aren't worth watching

Nah I think the S2 port is bad, never played it myself but all I hear is frame rate issues. Such a shame after how good S1 turned out!

How do the controls work?

>bow controls
The AR controls are super neat and you can have perfect accuracy by touching the screen

>tfw I still own it and don't throw away my video games like a retard

I like Sigma better anyway.

Such a shame Itagaki was/is such a westaboo

>streaming
>sigma

Jesus Christ how horrifying

I disagree with you vehemently, but whatever.
Forcing touch and motion controls into an action game is absolutely criminal.

The original Sigma is barely any different to the Itagaki approved version.

Why do you mean by this

>ninja gaiden dragon sword on ds

those cheeky cunts

I think he mean the input lag would make the game unplayable anyway.
There's a reason they demo the streaming service with casual trash like TLOU.

What, why?

I played it for a while. Was pretty impressive for a DS game, but I kept getting lost because areas needed specific triggers to advance. And I couldn't see jack shit in some areas. You'd eventually just run into some switch, but never see it.

>shit resolution
>horrible frame rate

no thanks

But it's literally just for the bow and it's actually faster and more accurate than sticks.

Plenty of games did that.

well if doau/2u and 3 were on Japanese consoles I'd have been able to play them

It still feels awful and anything that makes you move your hand away from the main position is never going to work well, especially on a handheld. DS games had the same problem with stylus input, like the shitty seals for bosses in Castlevania DoS.
But to each their own, I guess.

All movement and attacks are done with the stylus.
It's been about 8 years since I played it but I remember the controls being incredibly good for an action game controlled with only a stylus.

You swipe the screen to slash, tap enemies to shuriken them, swipe up to jump, hold any button to guard, and swipe while guarding to roll. And of course there's lots of combos and such.

Imagine Fruit Ninja but with depth.

Dragon
Sword

>Advance Wars Dual Strike
>Resident Evil Deadly Silence
>Bleach Dark Souls
>Bubble Bobble Dark Shot

Yes? A lot of the launch and early DS titles did it.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
SMT: Devil Survivor
etc.

>xbox emulation
only reason to still own an xbox is because of this
>360 BC
still a reason to have an xbox
>Xbone BC
you must be fucking joking

Sigma 1 is fine, Sigma 2 is a fucking piece of shit though, what happened with that one?

Any news on Ninja Gaiden 4 yet? ;_;

>wanting NG4 after the shitshows that were NGS2, NG3, NG3RE, and YNGZ

Probably after Nioh

Itagaki wasn't working at Tecmo anymore and apparently the engine they used for Ninja Gaiden 2 was super specific to the 360. Early PS3 development was already a mess of working out how to use it and so Sigma 2 turned out to be a poorly optimised shitshow.

Honestly Razor's Edge was still shit but it was a giant improvement and a decent salvage of the original 3.

Z can be blamed on Comcept and Conman.

Got another one. Lunar: Dragon Song

Pity it was a shit entry to the series, but there you go.

You can get one for just under 50 bucks on amazon. Tbqh for the library and how cheap the games are its pretty worth it. Or you could just buy a Xbox one S and wait for the BC of Xbox games.

I thought Sigma 2 was bad because they nerfed the hell out of everything and remove weapons and items for no reason.

imagine ngb but with ng2's gameplay mechanics

Yeah but on top of that it runs like shit

That too, but the reason they removed all the enemies and a lot of the visual flair is because the game couldn't handle it.

This is what I hope 4 is like. Gore of 2 but the brilliant design of Black.

do 360 cables and controllers work on them?

Suprisingly fucking good, all attacking is done by swiping the stylus. Any button make Ryu dodge but the game advises you to just press a directional button since it is confortable due the way you are holding the NDS

It's arguably the best usage of the NDS touch screen ever.

Also it is the game best girl Momiji debuted in.

I don't think so.

>It's another list the games from best to worst
>It's another shit on Razor's Edge
>it's another shit on Sigma
>it's another DMC
Actually it's true about what DMCfags say. They never come into your threads, but you're always trying to ruin there's with your NG shit.

>it's another this game hard
>it's another git gud
>it's another NG4 ANNOUNCEMENT AT PSX. NO I MEANT E3. OOPS I MEAN TGS 2017

There is nothing to talk about when it comes to action games. When I come into these thread it's like I stuck in some time paradox because it's always the same people saying the same shit.

No.

Why did you come into this thread then?

>because it's always the same people saying the same shit.
Okay then, let's talk about plot.

Do you think modern Ninja Gaiden happens before the NES series, or it is reboot?

People who even bother following the plot of the series say the chronology is Ninja Gaiden NES > Ninja Gaiden Modern > Dead or Alive.

People who don't care about plot say "who gives a fuck" or "I think it should be a reboot, I ship Ryu with Momiji / Kasumi / Rachel / Ayane, who cares about Irene Lew".

Started playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus earlier. 30fps and low res but it's still great because it's Ninja Gaiden.

Sorry but NGB has the most memorable pre rendered cutscenes of last gen. of all time really. they were like the reward for beating the level.

I played it recently on my Vita

>There is nothing to talk about when it comes to action games.
Nier Automata and Scalebound is all we got.

I feel like trying to draw a correlation between the NES NG games and DoA is a lost cause, considering that the two series were only made to be related retroactively.

I see them in pawn shops regularly for about 20-40 depending on the owners vidya knowledge. Go outside fat ass

>they were like the reward for beating the level.
Not the same guy and I do like the FMV cutscnes (mostly due Rachel's seemly bigger rack on them), but there were like only 5 pre-rendered cuscenes in the whole game, the vast majority is on in-game engine, like pic related.

>Why did you come into this thread then?
I don't know why. Why did I expect anything different in a thread with a bunch of autist? Someone smack the shit outta me please.

>Shipping Rachel with Ryu when he clearly decided he'd rather be a bird
>Shipping Ayane or Kasumi with Ryu when they're clearly all over Hayate.

You can play it on the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 you dumb fuck, both console that you can buy for dirty cheap right now (even pirate it if you are into that).

>Ninja Gaiden NES > Ninja Gaiden Modern
Pretty sure it is the other way around, but like says drawing a coherent timeline is a lost cause since there some discrepancies between events, if Tecmo actually cared they would release an official guide with an official timeline.

So Momiji wins by default?

*teleports behind you*
*hits square triangle square square triangle to izuna drop you*

Given that Rachel knows Momiji, Ryu, and Ayane DoA5 clearly happens after NGB2/NGS2 , and Ryu doesn't have arm cancer so I think NG3 happens after (I can't remember if his arm heals at the end)

I didn't mention her because NG threads ship her with Sanji, Doa threads ship her with Nyo or Rachel

just buy it and an original xbox faggot? Its not hard or expensive.

I agree the in engine ones sucked. But the pre rendered ones were so fucking choice. I never saw cutscenes like that again. They just do it in engine now. Just goes to show how much they cared about that game

youtube.com/watch?v=JRNOk2u8fC0

>Shipping Rachel with Ryu when he clearly decided he'd rather be a bird
But that is just the ninja vodoo he uses to travel, Ryu just didn't give an answer.

>Shipping Ayane or Kasumi with Ryu when they're clearly all over Hayate.
The Kasumi shipperfaggotry comes from the fact Hayate pleased Ryu to protect Kasumi when they were kids, and Ryu does so throughout the Dead or Alive games, to find Kasumi is the reason he enters the first DOA and in DOA5 we find Kasumi was taking shelter in the Haybusa village.

yeah his arm cancer goes away at the end, I think right before fighting the last boss he transfers it to the boss before that.

>Sanji
His reaction to Momiji shows he's practically like Ryu

The continuity problem is only limited to actual Ninja Gaiden games, this was never a problem in Dead or Alive, the timeline in it definitely happens in every single Ninja Gaiden game ever made.

All of this simply due the fact Hayabusa's bio in every DOA has been consistent in stating that he is a Curio Shop / Antique Shop owner, a business that he would only take after the NES series, as shown in the Anime special.

Yeah, this is some bullshit.

NGB was successfully ported and improved for the 360. There's no logical reason it couldn't be released as a digital title as it was back then.

>Forgetting about Sonia
>In the OVA, they practically have a sexless and affectionless relationship

I still ship Ryu with Ayane in the non-serious way

The only girl who ever stood a chance of winning the Hayabowl was taken out of the running before even getting started.

An underrated aspect of NGB is the music. It's phenomenal.

The doku music was just perfect hype

youtube.com/watch?v=9yvMKM5-50Q

>I didn't mention her because NG threads ship her with Sanji
I literally never seen /ss/ in a NG thread or I'm missing quite a lot of NG threads.

I do know of the lesbian pairings in DOA however.

>Hayate pleased Ryu to protect Kasumi
kek

The only hope for OG Xbox games on PC is the possibility of Xenia improving and getting backwards compatibility support.

Yea the music is excellent

Does any body know why NG2 had terrible performance on the 360? was it caused by a CPU or GPU bottleneck? The game runs at 580p or something and the FPS drops are still pretty bad.

Bait-Kun, calm down

This. The series is pretty clear that Kureha was Ryu's waifu.

Legitimate question, just worded poorly. Has anyone done research/tests on the most severe things that make it slow down? Obviously the amount of enemies but some parts that have 8+ enemies on screen are much worse than others. And NG2 does run at that weird-ass resolution.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article

I honestly don't remember any music from ngb besides both alma themes and the zombie monk theme

>Ninja Gaiden /ss/
Sanji showed more interest in fighting the Tengu bros than getting a free hug fom Momiji

>Forgetting about Sonia
Dude she is Irene Lew, that's why many NES fags rejoiced when this was revealed in , effectively joining shaky NES and Modern canon once and for all.

> affectionless relationship in the OVA
What? Ryu literally says he would tell his whole clan to go fuck itself if they got in the way of their relationship, think about it, Ryu Hayabusa the man of unreleting discipline and loyalty suddenly telling his clan to back off.

But Irene Lew won the Hayabowl before Kureha was even concieved.

It's CPU related. How do I know that? Because of the PS3 version comparison on eurogamer. The pretty accurately described the port(which they'd rather call new version due to the engine lighting improvements)

Irene "won" because she was brought back and remembered. Sonia was just Sonia until TN "said" she was Irene

>Sanji showed more interest in fighting the Tengu bros than getting a free hug fom Momiji
Indeed hence I was surprised at that user saying such a thing existed in previous NG threads.

Still, Sanji doesn't seem to be asexual, diary entries from the NDS game, Dragon Sword, says he likes that little girl in his crew whose name I forgot.

So I bought a 360 from a friend a few years back just to play this and Dead Rising.

Well, it red-ringed sometime last year and when I tried to fix it I only made things worse. Should I buy another 360 or just invest in the original XBOX now that Dead Rising is on PC?

I heard the original XBOX was a pretty good emulation machine.

R8 H8 B8

All exlusives except for Jade Empire and Syberia. Forgot to flip over Sega GT to the JSRF side

>Sonia was just Sonia until TN "said" she was Irene
Even when Sonia was just Sonia she still had the headstart.

Sonia is literally the only woman in the modern Ninja Gaiden series that Ryu hugs (when she reunites with Ryu in the Underworld after Ryu rescues her).

She being revealed as Irene Lew just gave a boost to her pole position.

Vita versions any good?

Xbox and get other xbox games like Jet set radio Future.

Inafune didn't even have much to do with Yaiba beyond coming up with the initial concept and setting and some of the character designs. Hayashi was actually oversaw development of it and greenlit it, but I've never once seen him slagged off in regards to Yaiba being crap. Explain this one to me.

Kinda hard to remember any modern Ninja Gaiden music when the NES trilogy had absolutely great scores.

It is no surprise Ryu's them in Warrior Orochi is a NES track, not a modern series one.

youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

How much does an Xbox cost now? $50?

Who /tgstrailer/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yr409HioE

This was literally the first and only trailer that got me pumped for a game. I downloaded the mpg of this in 2003 and watched it again and again and again.

The good thing is that it did deliver way beyond my expectations.

Never ever

>Vita versions any good?
It has some slowdowns, and some people really don't how the Bow forces you to Vita's gyroscope in the first Sigma; but beyond all that they are quite impressive ports.

Although if you actually have a choice in playing the console versions then the Vita games aren't a must, they are only for those who either played the originals and to see how it perform on a portable or simply have no way to get in contact with the console originals anymore.

Microsoft would get a fuckton of goodwill if they released an official Xbox emulator for Scorpio and Windows. Imagine playing Steel Battalion with a keyboard.

>but I've never once seen him slagged off in regards to Yaiba being crap. Explain this one to me.
Hayashi was already crucified by fans for the abysmal NGIII.

If he hadn't the luck of making DOA5 a comercial success then he would definitely have lost his job as Team Ninja's director by now.

A few days ago I finally beat the normal mode of Sigma 1 and it felt really fucking good apart from the game feeling like an early PS3 game (which it was) with poor ideas for enemy design and locations but perfect gameplay.
I also managed to beat Doku on hard difficulty after a few hours of exploiting his range and it turns out that in terms of difficulty
very hard >>>>> hard > normal
and I am having difficulties with the basic ninjas. Any tips for crowd control and such?

I didn't even have a computer back then, all I had was magazines, and honestly magazines could make me feel hyped more than videos nowadays.

If it's as half assed as the Xbox emulation on 360 then you're better off just keeping an OG Xbox around.

anybody have that image of Hayashi with the quote where he doesn't like meaningless display of violence or something?
quote was from a NG3 interview

>half assed
it only lags at fmvs and maybe the tentacle hentai monster boss fights

Why would they introduce Momiji, literal perfection, when we already know Ryu ends up with Irene?

My xbox still works but the disc drive broke. It's there some way to still play it?

>crowd control
counter attack
guillotine throw
wind path(NG's version of enemy step) has I frames and stuns enemies for sone time
bird flip attacks have I frames and your main form of offense and defense in the beginning chapters

>PC and xbone port never
>Ps4 emulator never
>tfw you will never be able to play this game

I don't, but I do remember one his quotes word by word.

"Heads rolling over a single strike is not realistic"

He said that in response towards fans who saw the lack of the series trademark beheadings during direct feed videos for vanilla NGIII

After the failure was released to the public and Razor's Edge was announced, guess what happens left and right again in that version? Beheadings that's what.

Because Momiji was meant for a handheld spinoff.

>Xbox emulator never
Actually, CXBX has come a long way.
It's not so much a full emulator as it is an emulation layer/wrapper, similar to WINE for Linux. The Xbox is just a stripped down Win2000 PC, after all.

>going for the sister of you dead GF
At least Ryu has some dignity and integrity unlike some degenerates here.

guess we will play xbox games on pc at 2025 and future generation of pc mustard race laughs at us

For fans to have her as a waifu?

That's how it goes in japanese media with girls, much of the cast have no relationships in order for people to fantasise about them.

In DOA you can count in one hand the girls who actuall lust after a guy in it, and literally only one of them might have the guy noticing she exists, that is Lei-Fang and Jann Lee; everyone else is free for your fap fantasies.

ok, thanks

>NG2 still isn't on Xbone backwards compatibility
All I want is the stairway to run at a stable framerate. Why won't you allow that Phil?

I just got this idea of a short comic related to this genre.

We fill everyone's mind with the same goal. We become one mind.

I mean really, every single one of you has the same mindset and when someone like myself steps in and goes "I like Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge" it's a direct attack against your cults ideals. Or if someone likes the gameplay in DmC: Devil May Cry, even if they prefer the original DMC it is still an attack against their beliefs. You are all very religious heavy people. If not, you wouldn't hold on to things like you do.

WE ARE MANY. WE ARE ONE.

Or maybe it's just one person pretending to be many. I'm not so sure since this decease you all have has spreading throughout the entire community. When ones brings up DMC4 it is a direct attack to ever mention the games quality.

You guys and your worshiping of the Action Game God.

>just a stripped down win2k pc
then why is it so hard to emulate? According to others it's up there with ps2 and saturn emulation.

>stairway
>there are people who still believe that section wasn't intentional

>going for the sister of you dead GF
>going for the sister of your dead gf, latter of whom you failed to save and get your ass killed as well
Ryu is quite unique
any other jp game character would cry and shout out the gf's name
Ryu just wakes up from dying and fucks up an entire capital city

She became really popular though, right now Momiji is the NG girl with most appearances in the modern series, only losing to Irene Lew due the NES series giving her more appaeances by inclusion and Ayane who isn't a NG original.

Momiji is long above the "that girl from the NDS game" status now.

Hayashi honestly comes across a fucking moron and it's no surprise that Yasuda is the only doing most of the talking in Nioh promos.

Though I'm a little surprised that Yasuda's still rising up the ranks so quickly at TN, considering he quite publicly referred to Dead or Alive, his studio's biggest moneymaker, as "tacky". Wonder if he got a stern talking to after that?

>right now Momiji is the NG girl with most appearances in the modern series
That's Ayane

>Wanting the sister of your dead childhood friend to be sullied by others

Kureha would've wanted Momiji to continue the Hayabusa clean via nakadashi.

>I like Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge
I don't hate 3RE, even think that the combat mechanics themselves are deeper and better than ever.
just that the enemy design, mainly AI is atrocious

NGB's OST is mostly just kinda there, but this track is legitimately hype:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9EkiUke7k

>they lost the source code meme

x86 emulation is extremely difficult due to it's complexity, it's easier to just try to fake compatibility with it like WINE or ReactOS.

That's how a boss holds his ladies.

>and Ayane who isn't a NG original.

>3RE
>DmC

These two have a lot more in common than I thought

>Ryu just wakes up from dying and fucks up an entire capital city
That's what happens when you repress your emotions after loss. His grief turned into brutal vengeance.

*Opens book of RE tech* Like what?

>no Phantom Dust
Almost had a perfect 10/10, man. 9.5 is the best I can do. Cookie points for the sleeper hit master Otogi 2.

>This was literally the first and only trailer that got me pumped for a game.
Really? I can think of a bunch of trailers that got me super hyped for a game. Some of them delivered too.

But I never had an OG Xbox. I really wish that I did. I really feel like I missed out on vanilla NG and NGB. I've played and beaten Black since and consider it one of the best games I've ever played but I just wasn't "there" for it. Sad, really. I would've really liked it. I wish I were there for all the old DMC vs. NG discussions and such.

Modern NG is almost a spin-off of DoA and Momiji is a character from a portable spin-off. That makes Ayane and Momiji about equal in terms of series relation.

>shit framerate
>on purpose
Itagaki has even apologized for how bad/rushed NG2 was. Stop being a delusional faggot. The game wasn't polished and it shows.

Look again in the middle

>both Otogis

You're alright, senpai.

But Phantom Dust is there. Fourth in the second-last row.

Ryu doesn't need to resort to that, his genes seems superior enough to make Irene birth a child with full dragon lineage blood, since just one drop of Ryu's blood was able to make Vazdah (NGII's final boss) achieve its perfect form, while in the whole the villains were gathering pools of blood to only awaken an incomplete version of Vazadah.

And that's why you will never be a Super Ninja like Ryu.

Momiji > Ayane

Reminder that Sonia was supposed to be a CIA agent.

>breakdown
>crimson skies
>kof: crusaders
>motherfucking OTOGI

god i miss those days

>That makes Ayane and Momiji about equal in terms of series relation.
No it doesn't.

- Momiji = born in the Ninja Gaiden series.

- Ayane = not born in the Ninja Gaiden series.

No room for argument here.

You can probably get an original Xbox and this game for less than the price of a newly released AAA game.

>tfw no Joe
I want to see how strong he is. Everyone always gushes about his power level when comparing him to Ryu. Hell the NG1 events were supposedly so unimportant the guy didn't even come back from his training trip and left killing the king of darkness to his rookie son.

Sorry but I don't consider DS worthy enough to be part of the NG series. As Itagaki said himself it's a spin-off for girls.

Thanks, mates. My eyes be tripping sometimes. Perfect 10.

But she is?

Are you perhaps talking about the way she dresses? If so then don't be a fag, Itagaki knew what's up and all his women dressed like strippers.

Look at Mizuki McCloud, NGIII's main girl from a NG without Itagaki, dresses almost like any female armed forces agent would dress, fuck that where's the slutty wear.

>As Itagaki said himself it's a spin-off for girls
Itagaki also claimed that Devil's Third is a game for "strong men who like alcohol".

Anyone who isn't fucking retarded knows it's called extreme action.

He actually said it was a spinoff for someone like his son.

>I want to see how strong he is
dude is a jobber
he got killed in NES Gaiden if I recall correctly
he lost to Genshin(who loses to Ryu 4 times) in 2 and became blind
even in Sigma 2 prequel comic he almost died by a vampire or something and Ryu had to save him

>As Itagaki said himself it's a spin-off for girls.
[citation needed]

The game was made when he was still part of Team Ninja, Itagaki didn't bad mouth a single Ninja Gaiden back then, the worst thing he did was refuse to sign Sigma 1 copies due not being made by him.

>Are you perhaps talking about the way she dresses? If so then don't be a fag, Itagaki knew what's up and all his women dressed like strippers.
Yes, that's the point I was making.

Look, I don't care about any of the other NG or DOA females but that shit was just a LITTLE ridiculous.

Now fuck off.

I was sure he was mentioning his daughter.

Is Momiji a shit apprentice? She constantly needs to be rescued.

Not that way. I meant this:
>new game is shown
>everyone is pissed or worried
>dev says something stupid
>game is released
>fans hate it
>dev backpedals
>releases a new version of a game
>everyone likes it
>fans are still pissed and worried about the future of the franchise

spinoff it may be but damn is it a good one. It actually convinced me a touchscreen game can be fun in a noncasual way. Wish they brought over that android game

That's just pandering to the players

Look at the scenes where Ryu had to save her in Yaiba and NG3. It's complete plot induced bullshit, she should not have needed rescuing, but the plot dictates it so she conveniently forgets all her training and gets knocked the fuck out.

>Now fuck off.
No you fuck off, what the hell are you even looking for in Ninja Gaiden when the modern series pretty much brought in all the skimpy clothing?

Maybe it was people like you who forced Team Ninja to change Irene's clothing when she stopped being Sonia.

>he lost to Genshin
got poisoned which Ryu had to never deal with in any of his Genshin encounters.
>he almost died by a vampire or something and Ryu had to save him
He only was able to attack the vampire becouse his father set it up for him after getting bit.
You call him a jobber but he dosen't even carry any magical weapons or macguffins like Ryu to rely on(vapire getting killed becouse Ryu powered up his sword with the eye etc).

You're missing Meme Golf Chaos, Steel Batallion, GunGriffon and all the other weird JP only Xbox games. Props for Magatama and Exa Skeleton though, always wanted to try them but my modded HUEG is in storage.

'Yaiba'? There was no Ninja Gaiden Yaiba, it doesn't exist, what the fuck are you talking about?

Don't just make shit up like that, user.

Huh? She seems pretty able to take care of herself in Sigma II and in NGIII she was in danger a few times but otherwise she fights alongside her master Ryu being a legit aid to him.

You are overblowing Momiji's prowess, she got stronger after Dragon Sword as Sigma II shows, but Momiji will never a super singular ninja like Ryu who can fight hell by himself every week, anyone would need rescuing by going against the things he faces down.

Look at Ayane who is quite strong herself, never fights side to side with Ryu, she got her shit wrecked in NGB's second level and in the following games she is never fighting at the front lines.

Ryu is a special snowflake, anyone looks weak compared to him.

TAKE A SUCK

Meme Chaos indeed. I've asked people if its even a fun game to even consider buying it, but all i get is silence. No one has actually played the game, they just come to meme up USA President bullshit.

>he got killed in NES Gaiden if I recall correctly
Yes he died, but after a extremely taxing battle against Ryu himself due Joe being mind controlled by Jacquio.

Joe went kamikaze on Jacquio to give Ryu a chance to kill the foe.

In fairness, Sonia was technically Irene Law before she was Sonia in the NES games, if you accept TN's retcon.

>No one has actually played the game
I did so ask away, but I warn you it was long ago so plot details as to why they had to go to space flew out of my head by now.

Or maybe she should've stayed a Shrine Maiden, because she sure doesn't have a great track record as a ninja.

is it a fun game
how is it different from other mech combat games

DELET THIS

That reminds me of DOA Dimensions where Ryu appears wherever possible to retroactively steal everyone else's thunder.

>Look, I don't care about any of the other NG or DOA females but that shit was just a LITTLE ridiculous.

So you don't have a problem with:

- A certain female Ninja simply not wearing pants.
- A opera singer waring a micro bikini made of jewels, ah and she is supposed to be christian.
- A scientist being a wrestler on her free time, whose wrestler persona is always wearing daring outfits.

but when a CIA agent dresses in a lewd manner you suddenly get mad?

But 32x Jaguar and 3DO emulation exist.

Miji is pure.

It's no different from AC really. Besides having no mech customization/energy management it's the same as AC3 in gameplay terms. The silly plot and total destruction is what make the game. It certainly isn't the best From can do as far as mechs go but it sure is fun.

>pandering to players
wut? Ryu always saves the day in his games.

>needs saving
Anyone who isn't Ryu needs help fighting enemies. It's called being the MC

Momiji was a Ninja originally you dingus, she only became a Shrine Maiden because Kureha's death and only Momiji could replaced her.

Calm down there, bait-kun

what

it was never ported to the 360, there is just an xbox original release

What the best order to play these in? Every game has like 3 versions and I have no idea where to even begin. I've always wanted to play them but the namings make no sense to me.

If you played as Momiji in NG2S/NG3RE you'd know she's the weakest and shittiest ninja in the game. Ryu is a weak teacher.

Ryu is that superior.

>but when a CIA agent dresses in a lewd manner you suddenly get mad?
Honestly? Yes. At least none of those belong to an organization like the CIA. Fucking jesus.

I played it before I moved my Hueg into storage. Switching weapons is weird at first and the lack of increasing aiming speed makes the give the game From Software signature feel, clunky, planty of slowdown and bad controls. Although the voice acting and over-the-top missions redeem it and the DLC weapons break the game. I got up to the second last level before I had to move the Xbox away, pirate before you buy it if you're worried about spending $200+ on a meme game.

Ninja Gaiden Black
vanilla Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Yaiba if you can find it super cheap

I imagine that it's Ryu's self-insert DOA fanfiction and he spends all his time fantasizing about the girls, as evidenced by the pull quote on the back of the CD case for the first DOA.

I'm CIA and all the girls in the agency dress like that since the Bush administration. George knew what's good for the nations prosperity.

A pure slut.

Right back at ya, shitposter-san

Ayane is the weakest in Sigma 2

Game had amazingly intuitive controls, but it was too easy and I felt zero reason to replay it when I was done so I sold it.

>you'd know she's the weakest and shittiest ninja in the game
Ayane's attacks literally cannot hurt the enemy, the only thing she has going is speed.

Their hardware is decidedly easier to emulate.

Nah... they are probably working on putting half assed non full versions of the games in there digital store for you to buy at $20 a piece.

What did she mean by this, Cred Forums?

Just get

Sigma 1
Sigma 2
NG3: RE

No point trying to hunt down a Xbox just to play NGB. It's a waste of money

>Ayane is the weakest in Sigma 2
I'm not talking about attack strength but overall usability. Momiji with her bugged/inconsistent izuna in sigma is shit.

>getting mad for some piece of fiction "disrespecting" the CIA that hard.
Carlton, get off Cred Forums and get back investigating that arab down in Chicago, he looks suspect.

What are the differences between vanilla and sigma? Or Black? I have every console so getting one isn't an issue.

>supporting Microsoft

That's what you deserve

Ryu is the one who canonically killed DOA2's final boss, the Tengu who supposedly is from Nyotengu's species and wrecked her village.

Bare bones stuff from Nyotengu's official bio, we have nothing concrete on her till she gets an actual arc plot in a eventual DOA6.

Black is a rebalanced vanilla with the DLC on-disc, though it annoying removes the NG+ mode for some bizarre reason.

Sigma looks and runs a bit better, but also tweaks the difficulty (Not necessarily for the better) and fiddles around with some of the content (It adds some shit, but removes other shit). It's still an excellent game on its own merits, but is generally considered to be a bit inferior to Black.

Are you someone who actually beats games at the highest difficulties and enjoy doing so? If so, consider getting black and vanilla NG2 since I think their highest diffculties are bit more "fair".

Otherwise, get Sigma versions for more content and less slowdowns.

You only need to know that Sigma 2 was censored to have less blood and dismemberment. Vanilla retians the blood and gore

Also runs like shit and has no bonus content without DLC.

>Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword
>Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword GB: Skyscraper Decisive Battle
>Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword II: The Demonic Sword of Darkness
>Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword III: The Ark from Hades
Ignore the 3D games.

>giving a shit about gore as your #1 priority

Are you 13

kek where is that interview

Ninja Gaiden Vanilla let's you keep all your items/points for NG+ unlike Black, also the last boss is a pushover

Black has various improvements and tweaks to the difficulties and adds new ones. Different difficulties doesn't just mean enemies take more damage. It also has all the DLC + Various bonus stages and extras and such. Also they fixed the final boss, somewhat.

Sigma is a prettier version of Black with new weapons, but it's way easier than either Vanilla or Black. Some content is changed, and not for the better, and Rachel is playable (but she's fucking horrible). It's not bad. Black's just better.

He probably was when the game came out.

>but it's way easier

Says the person who never beat them on MN

>and not for the better

>he misses the action stopping "puzzles"
m8 pls

Sigma 2 Plus brings back the gore.

>Have no trouble with NG1 Black until the last boss.
>Spend 3 hours trying to kill him
>End up loading a save 2 hours back and stocking up on potions
>Use every single last one of em to brute force my way through

Still think about that moment and decide not to replay it.

>I was playing in Normal too.

there nothing wrong with gore. it makes slashing people with swords more satisfying

>it makes slashing people with swords more satisfying

>tfw I still have the ISOs waiting for an emulator

but due obvious hardware limitations of a portable plataform it couldn't bring the number of enemies on-screen vanilla NGII had.

I only made it through Ninja Gaiden because I stumbled upon the silver Xbox that healed you to full and how you could respawn the fiends for cash.

By the time I was done farming I had upgraded everything and had tons of potions and money left over.

some 360 dlc was repurposed into team coop missions for sigma 2. The dlc on 360 is just mission survival or survive as long as you can and is single player only.

Sigma 1 has the infamous Rachel chapters that range from acceptable to hate in terms of fan opinion. And then there's...

Is there wiki for all this shit? I know cgg had some info grafs for stuff like this.

The final boss wasn't even THAT hard. It was only kinda difficult for me, because I fucked up and ran out of healing items, so I had to be careful to never get hit. Honestly the whole platforming section before the boss was more annoying than the boss itself.

The only thing that I really dig in Sigma 1 is Doku's original boss fight. It's actually a great set up for the next time you fight him since he absolutely wrecks your shit the first time around.

>No Blinx
0/10

>pleb ass motherfuckers who don't own an original Xbox

This.I must've beat the games and each version at least four times and never had trouble with the final boss.

I'm watching my bro play Sigma 1 and seriously the game does a terrible job of introducing key mechanics. Or rather it doesn't, at all

This is why peoples find it hard when it really isn't.

Oh and all the hidden missable life upgrades certainly don't help. Why was this allowed?

isnt xbox compatibility something like you put the game on and it downloads a copy of it for free?

The Greater Fiend killed me dozens upon dozens upon dozens of times.

I spent so many hours on him that when I finally killed him I actually had 2 potions left.

Then Murai came and I absolutely fucking crushed his demon roided asshole on the first try.

He's an absolutely fucking pushover by the time you've reached him because you've singlehandedly killed the most dangerous demons in the fucking world at that point.

Ghost Dookie was actually hard as fuck for me, I spent a lot of time there but completely destroyed everything after.

>exploring is bad
what

The thing that sucks is that they got rid of this for the ps3 version

>explore down one path about halfway, get tricked into thinking it's actually the right way to go
>end up going the other path
>cutscene
>no way back to see if I missed anything
literally terrible game design that like 90% of games fall for

Did she want her master's D, Cred Forums?

As someone who loves these games I actually don't get why DMC and NG bother with walkable exploring areas. They are usually badly designed and serve no purpose other than to collect goodies, which really doesn't work well with the game when all you want to do is fight some dudes. Maybe it's good for pacing but idk there should be better methods than what we have now.

never ported and it ran worse all cutscenes were at 15 fps

I mean, I still died more times than I'd like to admit, but that was more because I had no room to breath, healing items-wise. If I had one or two basic healing potions, I probably would've done it on my first or second try.

hell no. she has more personally in the fucking doa games.

I really need to buy an OG Xbox for NGB. As it stands, the whole long ass load time whenever you boot up a save takes so fucking long. Holy fuck.

It's not loading the game but caching cd data to the hdd. If you don't play any other game after turning off you system the game will load significantly faster next time as it will skip the caching process and just verify the files on disk.

Yeah, I thought I read something like that before. Thanks, senpai.

That's true for all Tecmo games on the xbox. The DOA games have a long piracy warning text scroll to hide the caching same with DOAXBV. In both cases not playing any other game will speed up the loading.

Kingdom under fire here I come!!!!!

>DOAXBV
>never on X360 or Xbone
why live

Are the old DOA games worth playing?

Fuck this boss.

Only if you have someone to play with you and only DOA2U.

>tfw I hunted down a pristine copy and managed to find one for 8 bucks.

Ever since I got it i've been playing it nonstop on my 360. Was worried the backwards compatability won't be good enough but it's perfect.

So not really? Most people I know aren't really into fighting games and the ones that do are playing all the modern ones, especially SFV, which I guess would make a lot of sense.

Alma's not THAT bad, come on.

Not harder than black. And fuck playing as Rachel

>tfw first time me and my brother beat her it was with the level 1 dragon sword because we didn't know we could upgrade weapons

good times

It's certainly the best 3d fighter on the xbox. But if you don't have anyone to play it against it's not a mandatory game, especially when it's main draw came from the online play.

having more save points and shops doesn't make things more easier, just less tedious
even Black added more save points where there was nothing in original

Tedium is a punishment for failure. Making it so you only have to clear an area once instead of every time you fail makes it much easier to complete overall.

I think save points even heal you in sigma 1 for free. its been awhile.

I raise you Awakened Alma

youtube.com/watch?v=JFRCdfIGVvg

I want to learn programming just to make a hueg box emulator.

Hypotetically a normal windows PC can run xbox games, it just needs a special api

Really? I found once I got a hang of the combat system, I found it challenging but not super difficult. You just got to get good at dodging and blocking. I found the first boss to be the hardest only because I was new to the game.

I recently bought an OG Xbox because I believe it will skyrocket in value for archivists.

no. they don't

Xqemu CXBX etc. are trying to do that

>wanting to emulate what amounts to just another character action game
>not Voodoo Vince
>not Brute Force
>not Stubbs
>not Blinx
>not Mechwarrior 1 & 2
>not etc.

>Stubbs
it is on pc

better remove that clock cap

You are right, that is actually pretty hype, user.

she wasnt hard. i had way more trouble with the damn samurai on a horse on the bridge for some reason

Holy fuck I keep on having a lot of problem with the 100 Fiend challenge on Ch. 12 on Hard mode.

Never mind, I just did it. Whew.