You now remember that one time Halo walked around a desert, wearing a fucking cloak for no reason

>You now remember that one time Halo walked around a desert, wearing a fucking cloak for no reason.

Seriously, is 343i fucked in the head? Why would they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EsQI7Q4X8Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY
youtube.com/watch?v=_4DHllroiqM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was a super armor thing, why would he need a cloak?

>is 343i fucked in the head? Why would they do this?

you answered your own question

"Psst, hey kid, wanna buy some REQ packs?"

It keeps the dust and sand from making small scratches on his paintjob.

"We want the muslim audience"

Camouflage

To avoid sand to get into his armor, maybe?
I don't know, never played any Halo in my life.

Nothing like this happened right? I remember the trailer but never actually saw chief in this get-up. Is there some comic or book where he does this?

It was the early concept for Halo 5 before they changed everything.

Was going to be similar to ODST where you play as Locke and team Osiris and look for clues about Chief in semi-open world planets or palces and then when you found a clue you'd play as Chief in a traditional Halo level

Don't fool yourself.
You know the only did it for "M-MUH EPIC REVEAL!!!" at E3

He wanted to be just like Metroid who pulled it off much better

He was trying to look like a Dark Angel

I honestly think I would have preferred that then what we got. Chief all alone looking for answers. MAYBE find Cortana at the end. I'm cool with Yandere Cortana when it comes to muh dick, but actually seeing it done in H5 made me pretty much stop caring all together

He wanted to look cool

No it really was. The reason why MCC was sucha rushed mess was because thye took halo 5 back to the drawing board and needed a 2014 Halo product

Gotcha famalam

It was something to cool to get hype
When ever are scenes from announcement trailers in the actual game?

you will never be this comfy

He's rolling a cleric build

i havent payed attanetiomn to the story since 3 -

why is the covenant and the elites bad in 4 again?

why are the forunners who were made to be these cool dudes evil?

why are you hunting chief in halo 5?

are they seriously gunna kill chief or turn him into a villian? please no

>why is the covenant and the elites bad in 4 again?
Splinter faction who still believes in the older ways and doesnt want peace.

why are the forunners who were made to be these cool dudes evil?
>they're only forefunner constructs, actually digitized humans underneath the armor. Didact in 4 was a forerunner though.

why are you hunting chief in halo 5?
>false advertising

are they seriously gunna kill chief or turn him into a villian? please no
>doubtful, but they will cerrtainly retire him after 6

Why was Samus and Joe so fun?

this
deserts get really cold at night so he was probably just getting snugly

they shouldnt of brought him back after 3.

3 was such a good way to end the trilogy. fuck microsoft and 343

>Small splinter cell that is somehow fucking massive and able to fight humanity fine
>Because 343 thought it'd be cool if humanity was actually an ancient space-fairing super civilization too and the Forerunner's rival
>Because the evil super government told you to
>No, Cortana's the villain now

this desu senpai

i never bothered with 5 so there could be more to this but

>why is the covenant and the elites bad in 4 again?

The Covenant is split into different factions. The pro-UNSC covenant who follow the arbiter and a bunch of others who chose not to follow the arbiter.

>why are the forunners who were made to be these cool dudes evil?

It was revealed in the Forerunner books (i never read beyond the first) that the Diadact (the bad guy in the flying Orb) hates humans because they killed all his sons in some ancient war against the Humans and san'shyuum. Also Humanity had an ancient space empire in the distant past that was just casually revealed in Halo 4 by the Librarian like it was nothing.

halo without the chief isnt fucking halo

why does every franchise get run to the ground nowadays. you just know gears 4 is gunna kill marcus, and now chief is gunna be gone after 6

So the sand wouldn't corrode the joints of his suit. Duh

MC has always been upset because hes is not as cool as an astartes

>We want the Journey audience

>Multi-million ultimate space marine combat suit
>Get fucked up by sand
That would be a pretty serious design flaw, considering it's literally made for fighting on diverse battlefield or operation theater, in fucking every possible environment and in the middle if explosion, flying shrapnel, dust and shit.

Mods

>why are you hunting chief in halo 5?
youre hunting him because everyone told you that he has gone "rogue".
but then later you just follow him because you want to know what the fuck hes doing.

>are they seriously gunna kill chief or turn him into a villian?
im sure chief is going to do some cliche ultimate sacrifice thing.
they arent going to make him a villain though since cortana is pretty much the new villain anymore.

i understand now why miyamoto hates story in mario games. without a story you can pretty much do anything with the character without some bullshit "well no hes dead now so we cant use him anymore" excuse

still mad about no more original characters in paper mario and M&l though

It'a just to make it look cool.

>energy shield that is always on

baited me nigga

It was Bungie and I think they wanted to combine sci-if and fantasy aesthetics for chief but it ended up looking dumb and making no sense

They finally nailed it in Destiny...but the gameplay and "not an mmo but has all the things that make MMOs boring" approach they took is dumb and makes no sense

>high-tech bullet proof combat armor with shields is disabled by sand
Nice.

Because it's cool as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=EsQI7Q4X8Nc

>since cortana is pretty much the new villain

I think you fail to understand just how insidious wind-blown sand is.

It's so sand doesn't get into the mechanical joints.

so on that figure, is there actually a body under that cloak?
it seems like its mostly just a solid body piece with a head, gun and 2 feet sticking out.

With Gears, you're right because one of its strongpoints and reasons for playing campaign is the character building, but with Halo, it really doesnt matter too much who the protag is. People grew attrached to Master Chief but Bungie's philosophy when designing him was to leave him a blank slate pretty much. Not completely, obviously, but in their games is far less of the main point that he is in 343's games, and if they make a new official protag, it will hurt them more,

B8

He hates sand, it's coarse and it gets everywhere

I think halo 4 - 6 would of been really cool if you played as an ODST or locke from the begging and fought together with the arbiter, with everyone thinking that chief was dead untill whenever they decide to use him

It's from mcfarlane, so it probably does unless they've changed their manufacturing practices. That brand hides details in spaces that will literally never see the light of day because it gets glued.

I had a figure of a lady in an iron maiden that broke. I thought she was attached to it but it turned out she had a fully sculpted and painted booty and even wrinkles on the soles of her feet

I fapped

>Why would they do this?
Question is why didn't they do this? I wanted a Chief campaign not another Halo 2 but worse.

4 wasnt the best but it was an ok start plotwise. Sets up for Chief being alone and acting in questionable ways, defying orders, etc now that he lost his closest friend.

But no, they completely ignore literally everything that happened in 4 with Guardians.

Meant for

An ancient evil awakens

i hate those stupid graphical tricks they did you keep Halo 5 running at 60fps or at least near it.

lots of texture pop-ins. the frequent geometry changes in the environment around you, all those fucking choppy animations from characters that are 10 feet away.
its just so jarring as fuck.

the animation one annoyed me the most. you'll see some characters around you animate normally but some characters the same distance will start to go into the choppy animation routine.

what makes him different from the master chiefs you make in multiplayer?

i dont play halo but couldn't he be hiding his identity? master chef seems like an important person known by many

It's unnoticeable now. Most of them move at the same fps

They wanted to do a Star Wars thing

MS was seriously desparate to push it as 60fps, it's almost definitely the reason co-op was cut

I guarantee halo 6 will be 30fps on xbone and 60 on scorpio, and they'll use it as a selling point

He wanted to hide from fireteam osiris. Op just salty

>We want the Kingdom Hearts Audience

So just how bad is 5? How about the MCC now? Halo is an old love of mine and partly the reason I'm tempted by the One S.

>With Gears, you're right because one of its strongpoints and reasons for playing campaign is the character building
Oh fuck I hope you're joshing me

Halo 5 isn't bad at all.
Yeah the armor design is shit, but the actual game is very solid, and the multiplayer is great.

Halo 2 situation, multiplayer is great, campaign is crap with the only thing holding it together is the Master Chief. The only difference from Halo 2 here is that you only play Chief for 3 missions and you don't even start the game out as him.

5 has one of the most laughably bad plots in a modern game
MCC is still broken to my knowledge
Just forget it and move on, bro. It's what we all did.

Only note-worthy and cannon Halo games coming through.

>It's unnoticeable now
>now

huh? i literally finished playing the game yesterday and it was still clearly apparent.
unless they released some update today that fixed all those problems I mentioned.

How am I wrong? The campaigns on Insane are just dull covershooters with set pieces here and there, but the dialogue and interactions make up for it

This

Replace Halo 3 with ODST and you're right

Not him, but you can fuck right off, ODST was garbage and belongs with every Halo released in 2009 and beyond.

You just have shit taste and cant see the forrest for the trees desu

I'm sorry I didn't waste my time with a boring, empty, piece of shit from a bunch of scam artist.

You forgot one

literally how most modern high-tech military equipment works tho

He must have felt very lonely walking alone in the desert.

No he didn't.

ODST was OG bungie, Reach was nubungie

lol no

Yes he did

Best halo right there

It's good concealment. Makes way more sense than him rushing in battle in a bright green armour that stands out in most environments like a sore thumb.

Plus, Fremen worn cloaks and Fremen are awesome.

He looks hilariously large in that suit.

Maybe it's magic space sand.

Yeah is that why ODST boring, short, empty, overpriced, had none of the epic moments of the trilogy, dumb down encounters, forced firefight into the campaign, had terrible character development, and some serious inconsistencies with Halo 1-3?

Reach wasn't even made by the same people that made Halo 1-3 as far as I'm concerned, it's nu-Bungie.

You need to clean the shit out of your mouth.

I'm not arguing on wether reach was made by the original by the team or not I'm saying its a good halo game

>terrible character development

u wot m8? ODST had incredible character development. Every member of the team had personality. I'll givew you the price, which was also due to the Halo 3 multiplayer disk.

Firefight in ODST is still the best in the series, it's not supposed to be grand scale epic like the main series because you're not a spartan.

>ODST was garbage
So was 3. Only the faggots who were 9 when Halo 3 came out give a shit about that game. It was a straight downgrade from Halo 2 in every way but "muh ebin zombeez xD"

>ODST had incredible character development. Every member of the team had personality.
what the shitting christ am i reading

No it's not, campaign was shit, multiplayer was shit, somehow firefight was shit. Basically everything in the game was shit and a massive step down from every game in the series even ODST as bad as that was. If you thought ODST had inconsistencies with Halo 1-3, Reach is on a whole other level.

>no reason
It's called thermodynamics.

I'd argue Zero actually WAS justified in wearing that cloak to keep sand out of his systems.
>tfw even your status screen is broken

>ODST had incredible character development. Every member of the team had personality.
Yeah, from Firefly

Shoot yourself

He was cosplaying as a Gundam from Frozen Teardrop.

>s-stop shitting on my babified game

>It was Bungie

I never played halo, but I pressumed he was in hiding?

>subtle romance going on with Dare and Buck
>Dutch is getting too old for this shit
>Romeo is a wiseass
>Mickey is more reserved
>also fun backstory on Vergil via audio logs that also involve a BWC commando and a chocolate loli

This is probably true and stupid. Chief already had the perfect sendoff in Halo 3. 343 brought the character out of retirement to give him a retirement arc. ODST and Reach already showed that Halo games could do well without the Master Chef. Why even bring him back if you're going to push your mary sue characters and then bury him?

Master Chief always looked like a high powered GM to me

Camouflage
Comfy
Sand doesnt get into the pistol, or whatever gun he has on his back, so guns dont jam

Imagination

Halo was better when the armor was bulky.

This

Heat is another component. Imagine walking in all that MJOLNIR in the desert

>W-why don't you like b-bending over and taking it from Bungie so they can scam you out of your money for a worthless expansion?

Agreed when he got hooked into the reactor to power on and fight.

except he does it fucking anyway

>implying bungie games haven't always been on a steady decline
They just hate improvement and go out of their way to make each subsequent release worse. They're the western version of Sakurai.

ODST and Reach were great. 3 was a bit lackluster but it was still good. Samefag harder with your fucking shit taste, faggot.

Good luck with that. We still have the returning Precursor/Flood to deal with and Master Chief being "the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning" is the only one who can stop them. Halo 9 will be the last Chief Halo before they reboot the series and start fresh.

If the books are canon, i think the suit keeps chief cool anyway.

>Heat is another component.
He survives an atmospheric entry in some Halo. It's safe to say heat is not an issue. Camouflage and keeping guns safe from sand are legit concerns.

that shit could be broken though

>How am I wrong?... the dialogue and interactions make up for it
>A GIANT.... WORM
>MUHRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>SHIT
You've got some shit ass taste if you think Gears of War is well written. It's only marginally better written than DmC.

>"""subtle"""
But, hey.
>Rookie, for all of his silent stoicism and blank slateness, was still a neat protagonist in those rare moments where cutscenes had him react to things.

Underrated

>ODST and Reach were great. 3 was a bit lackluster
Take note people this is what happens when you start a series late.

He's dead btw.

MARCUS'S DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

kek that would tell us its american made, they had the same problems during vietnam war

Jestas remind me of ODSTs for some reason.

How would the Chief even go rogue? The Spartan-II suits must have an entire department dedicated to maintaining them. It's like an astronaut trying to fly off with a space shuttle.

Same visors

chief fucks up all his suits. the plating was about to fail. there's viscosity throughout the gel layer. optics? totally fried. and let's not even talk about the power supply.
even he didn't throw that cloak on he'd be sanding the joints and shit.

ARE YOU READY

FOR HALO REACH?

I dont know, I only played the ODST and the first one

I've been relatively devoted to this series since I first picked up Halo 1 in 2002, but please, gargle your throatful of cum harder.

>we could have had Chief going nuclear
>we could have had Chief flying round the galaxy finding and destroying Forerunner super weapons
>Locke could have been chasing Chief because he was destroying technology that would greatly assist humanity

could noble 6 still be alive?

Yeah, that would be it. Plus, the headpieces could be similar if you slapped a bunch of attachments to an ODST helmet.

chief should have been stranded in space with cortaner
and the series should have ended

Does he even know how expensive that gear is son?

elites of jegans but not strong enough to be gundam

>have suit that can keep someone from dying after reentry into the Earth's atmosphere
>need cloak to put over it to make it through a desert

why? He's not even in Halo 4 or 5

Spartan-II suits were almost exclusively Mark V MJOLNIR armor, which evidently fell into total disuse after Reach was glassed and the Mark VI was developed between Halos 1 and 2.

Meanwhile, you've got these Spartan-IIIs and IVs running about in higher tech armor with more variety while the Chief gets saddled with a suit that seems to have been exclusively made just for him and, over time, modified to hell and back.

Sand gets in the smallest of seams, sucking up lubrication and causing wear and tear from friction

They're not meant to be fought in without breaks. Even modern MBTs and other machines like fighter jets have large maintenance times per hour deployed.

Shit, didn't you niggers even play Halo 2? MCs armor was pretty much fried after the events of Halo 1

>not liking A GIANT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM

faggot. Gears characters are perfectly written and their VAs do amazing jobs on delivery. Hearing that "Niiiice" on a perfect reload or "oh yeah" on the last grub kill. The bater between delta squad, always bullying Baird and his quick witty retorts, Cole Train being the hype man, etc. They all have well-written and expressed personalities.

The plots are barebones go save the world shit, but its the things between the lines that shine.

Killed in a short story that came out right before Halo 5. His death is what makes Buck decide to become a Spartan.

Because they knew they had a concept that shouldn't have worked out, and just had fun and made it work

Looks like a snuggie

it's marketed on the trailer
these aren't video games people play, just games people pretend to like to be #gamers

This looks pretty neat what model is this?

I only want to play Halo 2, fuck anything after Reach, I might get a bone when its $199 to play MCC

I can't believe there are actually people here defending and justifying 343i's idiocy. You should all fucking kill yourselves.

I only played CE. I don't care about 343 or whatever. The cape makes sense and looks cool.

Na mang, he's matte finished so he's pretty fucking scratch resistant.

That's on top of being ionized so he won't rust.

Plus a based lifetime warranty.

Halo 3 was the best halo

youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY

>halo without the chief isnt fucking halo

Please leave, halo is at it's best when it's not focused on MC

This was a good decision and i'm convinced the only reason Cred Forums gets mad over it is just to have another excuse to yell at 343 or because they are butthurt childern.

>halo is at it's best when it's not focused on MC

Jesus fucking christ. How could you unironically have such a shitty opinion like this

It looks cool.

I don't play Halo. Just do with 343I what I do with Bethesda's Fallout, non-canon head-canon.

don't you mean sand out of his diaper?
fuck everything about that Zero design, it is nothing but trash

How could you think otherwise

You HAVE consumed more halo media then just the games, right?

So it can just get through the power shields that are always on and can never be turned off?

lol looks like a woman

It was the first reveal of an Xbone Halo game. You weren't supposed to know it was Master Chief until the very end, which is why he was wearing the cloak

You've obviously never lived near sand.

Then stop acting like a nu-Bungiefag and accepting bullshit. The only good Halo games to come from Bungie was Halo 1-3 everything else was shit.

Go to bed, Anakin

I guess you do have the high ground

Why would I need to? Everything else besides the main 3 games is utter-shit and fan fiction levels of bad

>This was a good decision

No, people were mad about his death because it was retarded.

>ODST, best non spartan soldiers of the UNSC
>Survives the human covenant war
>Gets caught and killed by a girl with a baseballbat

Not to mention his death ultimately caused Mickey to decide that he didn't want to kill people, so he joined the people who killed rookie to do guess what? To kill people.

and you think that's a good idea?

god you shills are pathetic

What I can't believe is people are taking your bait and trying to swallow.

underrated post

>and gets in the smallest of seams, sucking up lubrication and causing wear and tear from friction
so sand is more dangerous than a vacuum?

For mechanical things, yes. For living creatures, no.

The mickey aspect of it is dumb I agree but in all other respect it's smart

>Prevents him from becoming an S4, which would ruin what makes him cool
>allows him to show up one more time for a narrative useful purpose
>His death itself doesn't close off any unique narrative opportunities
>doesn't prevent anybody from making new novels or games where you see stuff he did in the past as an ODST

As far as the struff with "B-BUT HE LIVED THROUGH THE WHOLE WAR AND COVIE OCCUPIED NEW MOMBASSA HE'S 2GUD TO GET TAKEN OUT LIKE THAT": That's halo lore for you. Characters die in unglorious ways all the time.

The franchise doesn't steer away from the fact that war is shitty and unfair and it's one of the things I love about it: the lore is very grounded despite the far future setting.

Except that's wrong.

they were trying to copy Destiny

if the story was to stay the same it was to protect his failing armor from the elements since he was blacklisted from all UNSC bases.

Story got changed since can't have a black guy be the bad guy at 343i

he's cold :(

You serious? reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Its fucking 343 what do you expect? They killed my favorite FPS franchise with their cancer.

They better not fucking retire Master Chief. That's like retiring Batman. Master Chief is Microsoft's Batman.

I'd like to believe you, but I'd need proof pal

>suit is airtight and sealed up so Master Chief can go into space
>for some reason he needs a 3 layered cloak to protect him from sand

And let's not forget the whole "UHHH THE NEW TRAILER FOR HALO IS NOT HALO 5 GUYS"

probably to avoid sand and dust from getting into the gears of the power armor and to make it more difficult to detect him on satellite overhead imaging? That actually makes sense for once.

damn this brought me back i remember seeing this video and getting hyped

They just saw Evangelion and thought it looked cool.

I remember reading somewhere that the 343 devs got all upset that people laughed at the "big reveal" in the trailer.

I livestreamed it with Cred Forums, everybody shit themselves laughing.

youtube.com/watch?v=_4DHllroiqM

powered gm, i think thats the master grade version, but not sure

>Toy
>For an M Rated Game

Toys are for Children.