Berserk and the Band of The Hawk

So a lot of people have complained about the title of the new Berserk game.Saying it makes no sense because his name is Guts and not Berserk. But I've been reading the manga and got to the part where he gets the Berserk armor and on more than one occasion he is referred to as Berserk.

Will post pic of one occasion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fCnqcpE4ugI]
youtube.com/watch?v=dkFB1bLQGec
bakabt.me/torrent/162057/berserk-scans
bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html
cdisplay.me/
kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Chapter-000a?id=283143
youtube.com/watch?v=GeYYsQ_U65M&t=1m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=KYFZcOZYA5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>So a lot of people have complained about the title of the new Berserk game.Saying it makes no sense because his name is Guts and not Berserk.

I seriously hope no one said this. Where do you meet these idiots? It's not like Berserk is new, it would make even less since to name a Berserk game Guts

>band of the hawk translation

Kill yourself you faggot-ass monster

i think its dumb because it sort of implies that its the golden age arc only

Why are you so butt-blasted, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=fCnqcpE4ugI]
is the Ash Crow album out? If yes - can someone post a flac download or at least V0?
where do you even download torrents those days?

So it's not Falcon? I thought it was Falcon

I thought so too, but then saw that The Band of the Hawk still lives!. They also showed gameplay of Guts fighting trolls i believe and that is a good while after that arc.

youtube.com/watch?v=dkFB1bLQGec

Because your argument is that Guts is called Berserk using the notoriously bad translation as support

Well whats that line say in the "good" translation then?

Because "Berserk Warriors" sounds so much better.

>It takes multiple hits for Guts to defeat the small enemies
This is weird, a character that's more powerful in canon than they are in a fucking musou game

Not the guy you were arguing with but here is a scan of the official dark horse translation.

Neat where can I read this for free?

I love berserk but this game isn't berserk worthy game. Dragons dogma or some dark souls combat game would have been better especially dogma

Do you have a tablet? Manga Rock is great.
If not, bakabt.me/torrent/162057/berserk-scans

FUCK YOU LIKE A TRUCK BERSERKER

>Neat where can I read this for free?
On your computer

Download
bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html

Read it with
cdisplay.me/

This.

It could have just been called Berserk: The Rise of the God hand or something instead.

It's "My love for you is like a truck"

awesome thanks. Are there any MAJOR differences from the version I linked? I dont want to go back unless I missed something major but I doubt thats the case. So I'll probably continue where i left off.

i think berserk is a pretty cool guy. eh watches his girlfriend get raepd and doesnt afraid of anything

His name is Guts not Gattsu otherwise just general shitty translation errors.

"Would you like to make the fuck"
Berserker.

It is falcon. Whoever approved the English subtitle is inept.

Ya I wondered why they sometimes called him GATTS and sometimes Guts but i just assumed japan is weird so they express his name differently depending on what freakout level they are operating at.

It actually does though.

Howcome they say Hawk in the movies? I cant remember if they say hawk or falcon in the new anime. Or if they even mention it for that matter.

Since Cred Forums seems much friendlier than Cred Forums, I've been using CDisplay but does anyone know of a manga reader (for PC) with continuous scrolling? I much prefer not having to move my eyes vertically when reading manga. You might think I'm bitching but if you read as much as me it really adds up time-wise. I use manga sites but those don't always have the manga I want to read in the best of quality.

Well that's not really a shocker, the pokemon company bought up all the competent translators.

This game is gonna fucking flop hard. Looks so bland and repetitive. Fucking mousou needs to die. Berserk is dead nigga. Watch it has it hits the ground soon.

It's supposed to be Band of the Falcon but the word Falcon and Hawk is the same in Japan. So translators just used Hawk and rolled with it.

>Watch it has it hits the

"Band of the Hawk" sounds a lot cooler than "Band of the Falcon" too. It rolls off the tongue nicely.

If it's the same word then how do we actually know which it is? Has the creator straight up said it's that particular bird? (falcon)

Hardly. It will find its usual Musou audience and Berserk will attract new players just like it did with every licensed game Omega ever made. I do hope it's going to be a decent telling of the story, though. I still remember first Dynasty Warriors Gundam "story mode".

Yes, Miura explained it in a letter he sent to skullknight.net

Cool, thanks for all the answers.

>lot of people

I assumed every normie by now would've watched the Guts VS Nightmare Deathbattle by now.

Dark Souls combat is way too slow, even Bloodborne is too slow. Dragon's Dogma is closer to how it should be, if it just lost the RPG elements and hugely expanded upon the warrior vocation.

You could probably slap Dante's combat onto a berserk game and it would be perfect

It sounds cooler, but it makes the name of Falconia make less sense.

If you find one tell me CDisplay has been the standard for years and everything else is usually bloated shit.

LOL, Skullknight passed on the curse to Guts.

Definitely, I would say it would need to have a little bit more weight behind the attacks and some moves would have to be taken away while some others would have to be added, but otherwise I think it's near perfect.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Chapter-000a?id=283143
like this?

Guts is known as Hawk of the Darkness by some. So, it could be an inversion in that it's HIS Band of the Hawk now versus Griffith's Falconia. Or something.

please tell me this is an edit

>ruining your first time reading Berserk with the band of the hawk scanlations
Tell me why, tell me why

you could probably convert most of the aerial moves into berserker armor moves. It would pretty much just be a devil trigger for guts

Yeah, manga sites have been way better for reading for a while now, and the ones I use have proper png files and no space in between pages.

>bloated
What does that even mean? It's a mangareader, being bloated doesn't really mean much if you can just upgrade your PC. It's not going to take up a gig anyway you put it. So it shouldn't be an issue whether it's 100mb or 800.

Just imagine reaching the next page and a big "DUNNNNNNNNN" sounds in your room.

>bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html
Are those the Dark Horse translations?

Tell me whatchu want

Berserk is moe-serk now

Why would you think it's an edit?

There are some moves that would be odd with the Dragonslayer even when Guts is using the Berserker armor. I can't see him using Million Stab, for example.

nope

They are travelling across dreams.

There's probably a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit but Dante is probably the closest to Guts level combat, he uses a bigass sword and fights fast

>People are still complaining about different dreams having a different art style
I thought it was a joke

kek wrong pic

wake me up!

Sometimes i wish Bastard!! had even half the popularity that Berserk has. Or, like, that it gets finished would be cool too.

its the scene where they show the dreams of Farnese , Casca and shireke

Also there's the Falconia later on in the manga.

Everyone COULD just start saying Band of the Falcon now, but for 20 years the official translation has been hawk, so it's too much trouble.

>see you in april for the second season!
Can't wait to see the apostles and Shierke in 3D.

nobody cares homo

>DON'T PRAY, YOUR HANDS ARE CLOSED WHEN YOU PRAY!

Looks like weebshit no thanks.

Pure violence doesn't sell well anymore.

it does feel off when everything isn't being cleaved in two.

Or just Berserk: The Band of the Hawk
All they had to do was get rid of the "and" and it works fine.

post yfw reading the fantasia arc

Why does Griffith wind up hating Guts so much?

He intentionally sabotaged his own mercenary group by laying with Charlotte, then proceeds to hold a grudge against Guts even after he risked his life rescuing him from a lifetime of torture.

He didn't even have to rape Casca in front of him after turning into Femto, it was all done out of spite and just to get at Guts.

I also only watched the Berserk movies and currently the new Berserk anime and there was a 2 year jump between the two. How much important info did I miss out?

Honestly I watched the troll village gameplay and it completely verified my knowledge the game would be shit gameplay wise, and fanservice can only take something so far. It's essentially just another one of the Dragon Ball Z shovelware games we've been getting for a decade with piss primitive "gameplay" but autists laud it for having Frieza's Henchman #7895437987 and his six different armor variations.

Being a fan of both a series and video games and thus expecting quality content from the series and its game form is suffering. Thanks Miura.

I see the Golden Age group as Hawk and Femto's army as the Falcon.

I dunno about that, Attack on Titan got pretty popular because of how violent it is.

Other than Hawk not being the correct translation.

just read the manga, the 97 anime is outdated af, the movies are mediocre, and the new anime is just fucking terrible

you missed out on an absolute fuck ton and even an entire section of the story involving my nigga wyald.
Start reading the manga. From the beginning

Its some of the same fags that have maybe only seen the anime 96 or the triology movies that where in the Golden arch. And got a hissyfit when the new one was a little-bit too much 3d.

It has the same Blame! situation going on, where the anime is super 3d by the looks of it.

The game looks sweet and the warriors games are pure white noise, Kinda like racing games are super white noise.

He was mad that everyone prostrated themselves to lay before his feet but Guts decided to go be Guts somewhere else.

i dont get it

GA>C>BS>>>>MF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>F

WHY ARENT THEY BEING SPLIT APART AFTER YOU KILL THEM WHAT IS THIS

They're not gonna change it now, it means the same in japanese anyway.

God damn this footage triggers me.

Berserk fans are doomed to suffer as Guts does.

Fantasia is not even done you retard

its too late, too late

Where's Lost Children senpai?

>ship
>moe art
>Isma

it's shit

The arc better be about the good side of creatures finding out a way to kill a god hand member
and buffing guts up with magical shit on the way

You mean in the official translation? You do know the manga is licence

The line is something like "he's losing himself to anger"

reminder

They should have just gotten the Idolmasters devs to make the Berserk game, it would be beautiful pottery and then Miura might actually care about its quality.

>moe art
nice meme
now kill yourself

he really stopped giving a fuck long ago, didn't he

So far the playable characters are
>Golden Age Guts
>Golden Age Casca
>Golden Age Griffith
>Judeau
>Wyald
>Zodd
>Black Swordsman Guts
>Berserker Armor Guts
>Reincarnated Griffith (can transform into Femto)
>Serpico
>Skull Knight
>Schierke
>Isidro
Unfortunately Farnese is an NPC

Why not call it

>Berserk: The Band of the Hawk

or

>Berserk: Guts and the Band of the Hawk

b-bakaa~~

It's a call back to the Tower of Conviction arc where everyone had to hold off a mass of haunted goo with torches. Farnese was freaking out and tried to pray until Guts told her to knock it off and keep both hands on her torch.

because it's koei

I prefer

>Berserk: Hawk and The Boys

It's actually a rhythm game and they're trying to play for a concert.

> MFW the current elves not so dark saga is a trap
> MFW once the darkness comes back the pit of despair will be even deeper and darker than ever before
> can't wait
> Hiatus

It's the boat all over again... dammit.

Don't worry, just a few months...

This screenshot seems to suggest she might be playable. Did they say otherwise in an article?

That's not moe but okay

because its the jap rating board that rate it cero D just like with the fist of the northstar games.

Not really! It was the shipping bullshit.

she's fucking useless though, why would they make her playable?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHEN IS SKULL KNIGHT BEING CONFIRMED PLAYABLE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Didn't Miura say that as of issue 38-39 he would release them monthly now?

At the most she's probably an assist, I saw her helping out in a gameplay vid though so Iunno

he is

>moe art

They confirmed him as playable when they first showed the game.

The wizard said that Griffith was going around burning down spirit trees and that island is full of them.

>Berserk-is-a-pretty-cool-guy is now a real thing.

Don't you mean Skeleton Knight?

Oh great, I hope he has a version off his horse too.

aren't all Mousou games just the same thing with varying licensed skins.

It's been out for a week, nigger.

>Berserk and the Band of The Hawk
what the actual fuck

I've recently emulated the berserk ps2 game and, while immensely repetitive, the way guts controls feels so fucking good. Boss fights especially.

This new musou loses a lot of that. Mash square on that giant bruh

>mfw the MASSIVE cliffhanger in the latest chapter
>mfw new Idolm@ster came out so Miura announced he's going on another hiatus until spring 2017
>mfw being a Berserk fan

idol master kicked in again

I want to believe but it's Miura... i can't believe him shit till he actually delivers.

According to Miura, drawing Berserk royally fucks him up mentally. Might be a coping thing.

Better than Dark Horse's "Knight of Skeleton". Wasn't their idea, to be fair. The Japanese rights holders insisted on it because that's what they put on Berserk merchandise.

Idol Master fucking ruined Miura.

isidro still hasn't been confirmed playable yet.

And yet Hellsing went along at a healthy trot.

>isidro

I'm sure all of two people give a fuck.

>approximately 120 minutes of cinematic footage
>its only just the Golden Age movies that've been on Netflix for years
Don't try and say "You haven't watched ALL 120 minutes, have you?!" because if they had ANYTHING new they would've shown at least a single frame.

>The most BRUTAL game in Warriors history!
Wow more quick blood spurts when you hit an enemy, real BR00TAL Koei Shitmo

Sometimes, I really have to wonder what possesses people to post "translation" work as some kind of evidence of something.

I'm serious, do you not know that what you're reading is the filtered perception of a work through someone else's eyes? You can't honestly expect this shit to pass for evidence, I stopped giving a shit about Berserk years ago so I hardly care either way, but still.

On that note, why IS anyone still reading it? Everything since the dumb loli witch was introduced has been a complete waste of time car crash, and up to that point it had been missing the mark for a while anyway.

It is too late to change it, blame Japan for being too retarded and not seeing a difference between a Hawk and a Falcon and calling both animals the same.
With that said, Miura really should've told them to translate it as Falcon when Dark Horse bought the rights considering that according to them they consult with him on how to translate things which they're unsure of.

It's better than usual Musou storytelling which is comprised of "here's a slow scrolling text and ominous narrating talking over it". Omega's licensed games always benefit from having production budgets.

Because there is something seriously wrong in Hirano's head. Read his afternotes, it's like staring into some kind of weeb rape abyss.

&KNUCKLES!

How are you not used to this already? Getting mad at Miura going on hiatus is basically like getting mad when the sun sets, it's basically a part of the natural cycle now.

I'd skip either one.

I swear to god if Mozgus isn't playable I'm going to burn those heretics over at Koei

Sometime, I really have to wonder what possesses people to be faggots

& Silent Bob.

Hey, it's not always rape, user.

Sometimes it's about how he wants to kidnap and mutilate people.

Funny thing the original Idolmaster charcter designers,Toshiyuki Kubooka was the director of berserk movies:
youtube.com/watch?v=GeYYsQ_U65M&t=1m15s

Did you not see the new scenes they made? Go watch the trailer again

Because you're familiar with it. To a newcomer that's an infinitely better presentation of the story.

Because unlike Guts, my rage is infinite and never runs out

>blame Japan for being too retarded and not seeing a difference between a Hawk and a Falcon
They're both birds of prey, they both do the same shit, only there's a slight distinction because one uses talons and the other uses its beak.

Honestly, if you're pedantic enough to think there's a difference between the two genus in terms of public perception or symbolism, you're delusional.

It's an Omega Force game. Once you get the best sword he will probably be tearing everything apart in one hit.

The mangas where not super sucsseses in the Western market except for piratereads/internet reads. But the anime was somewhat of a sucsses it has the same problem as any seinen mangas, where either a movie or anime becomes known but not the actual sauce manga.

Just read or watced trough Blame! and that one is a hard read and interpertation, Berserk is an easy but also in the same vain a hard read, only brcause a little bit of ones soul get eaten away.

If you find a hardcore seinen manga like panorama of hell, shigurui or Old Boy. You kinda get why its not popular with "anime fans" or those whom thinks GOT tv-series is grimdark where there is actual hardcore grimdark shit like Berserk.

There's confirmed to be plenty in-engine cutscenes, just so you know. They're reusing Golden Age movies footage and the 2016 Conviction anime footage only for some of the scenes.

He thought he owned Guts. He felt like he owned them all. In hindsight, he pretty much did, and Guts and Casca were idiots for not seeing it.

They also have vastly differently shaped heads and beaks, if anything you're the one that's delusional if you think that being unedacted and not knowing the difference is acceptable.
Next thing you'll tell me that we should call all wolves "dogs", or vice versa because after all they are basically the same thing.

I can't believe nobody posted the thread theme yet

youtube.com/watch?v=KYFZcOZYA5g

you tell em!!

So how likely is it that Schierke's and Farnese's mind journey into Casca's Eclipse memories will fuck everything up?

Certain dog races could be called a wolf for the untrained eye.

Such as? Shepherds are too big for being wolves if that's what you had in mind.

No, it's more like saying that it's ridiculous to call a great dane and a pug under the same heading of "dog" for some inane reason. Dogs are literally just wolves that have been domesticated.

They're both smallish birds of prey. Their prey and methods are pretty similar. Anything one symbolises is also symbolised by the other equally well. They're far more similar than those 2 dog breeds.

The only reason there's a distinction is because someone thought we needed one. Honestly, if you looked into the etymology it's probably geographical bullshit anyway, 2 countries coming up with 2 names and then refusing to just class them all under a common name.

Are different era Guts just different outfits or are his moves different?

And that was like...15 years ago?

Or maybe people aren't as retarded as you and would rather use words Blue and Cyan instead of Blue and Blue.
Another good example of Japan's retardation with that is Dragon Ball Super's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan transformation which they just called Super Saiyan Blue despite it very clearly being Cyan.
Super Cyan rolls off the tongue much better too.
While on that subject, Band of the Hawk rolls off the tongue better than Band of the Falcon so there's that.

Griff is a control freak who thought he had absolute control over his army. So when a guy he considered a close friend decided to quit, he took it really personally. Add that to Griffith getting beaten in a fight by Guts before he left, knocking his pride even harder, so he goes to try and assert his dominance/vent his anger somewhere else, which takes the form of him fucking the princess, leading to him getting caught and imprisoned

It's legit one of my favourite moments in any media because everything Griffith built up over all those years collapses because of a moment of weakness and it only goes downhill from there.

>tfw Toshiyuki Kubooka will never work in another Lunar game

Oh god wat? Is this new? Cause I dont remember those two or three movies looking this shit.

Miura said he has the story planned out already so him remembering such details doesn't seem weird. Better than Akira "Alzheimer" Toriyama that's for sure.
It could also be the case of Miura helping out with this new CGI shtifest of an anime that adapted Conviction and included that particular scene.
I think the only time Miura hadn't had the entire story planned out was back when he was starting out since he did say that Casca wasn't planned back then, which is why in retrospect that scene of Guts fucking the succubus at the very beginning seems out of character for him now. Miura also said he had the ending written and planned sound since at least 2009, just fyi.

ALSO WHY DO I GET CONNECTION ERROR

Its because in japanese they don't have a "gu" sound, they use the "ga" sound instead

Berserk hasn't been edgy since The fairy kid arc thing

>hawks are historically the hunting bird used by commoners
>falcons, on the other hand, were preferred by the nobility

griffith goes from a common mercenary to a messianic god-king, so the transformation from hawk to falcon fits in that regard

>ALSO WHY DO I GET CONNECTION ERROR
user probably threatened to shoot up a school again. They freeze the boards whenever that happens to make sure the FBI can get the details from the post.

Griffith got as far as he did by not caring about anyone but himself. caring about other people would just get in the way of his "dream".

then Guts comes along and Griffith, despite his best efforts, ends up "caring" about Guts. Guts is the only one that ever made him "forget his dream".

he tries to see Guts like everyone else, as just another stepping stone in HIS path, but can't escape feeling like he is just a step in GUTS'S path instead.

Griffith sees the interest he has in Guts as a weakness, and essentially blames Guts for tempting him. He needs to feel like he's in control, so Guts has to be rendered docile and subservient.

for a while Griffith was content, believing that he could hold Guts captive through physical force. Guts wants to leave, Griffith thinks "oh I can just dislocate his shoulder again, he'll stay in the Hawks until he dies"

but THIS TIME Griffith is bested by Guts in their duel. and Guts SPARES HIM. Egotistical control freak Griffith now has to LIVE with the fact that not only has Guts provoked weakness in him, but has also completely surpassed him physically.

the only reason he is alive is because Guts let him live. He owes his continued existence not to his own accomplishments but to the MERCY of another. no matter how far he gets, because of this act he will remain subordinate to Guts.

tldr he hates Guts because Guts waltzed into his life, figuratively castrated him and completely pulverized his entire worldview

One thing I never understood about Griffith was the speech he gives to Charlotte (and, unbeknownst to him, Guts). He says that in his eyes, a true friend is someone who carves their own path in the world (or words to that effect).
When that inspires Guts to go and do just that, he freaks the fuck out.

Was he talking shit and just trying to impress his future gf or did he never see Guts as a friend in the first place?

you could interpret it a couple of different ways

one obviously is that yeah he was just waxing philosophical to get the princess on his dick

but there's also the chance he believed that at the time, that maybe he could respect someone who pursues their own dream with the same passion he does.

but he falls apart when faced with Guts trying to do exactly that. when nothing is challenging his worldview he's free to wallow in narcissism. of course he can talk himself up as worldly and idealistic, because of course Griffith would be perfect that way, wouldn't he? but his own nature as a jealous hypocrite surfaces when he actually has to confront that idea.

It has barely started, gutts party haven't had any real time to do cool shit. I'm sure it will git gud next few chapters when they enter dream eclipse. In 2017

>Elf Queen has Schierke & Farnese go into Casca's dream world
>Their face when Eclipse

>summon farnese
>your enemy falls on her sword

>See the beast in Casca's dream's last panel.
>OH SHIT ITS GOING DOOWN NIGGA
>Hiatus.

FUCK YOU