Artificial Difficulty: The Boss!

Artificial Difficulty: The Boss!
Inb4 git gud.

Yeah fuck yourself, bet you beat him with summons (even then its fucking hard).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM?t=29m38s
youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM?t=37m37s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are like 5 months late, that boss has been beated bare fist no shield no rolling , literally git gud

easily took me 40 tries before killing that fucker, but I'm an old man and slow on the buttons. he and nameless are probably the hardest bosses of the game, since they're so fast and can 2-3 hit you.

op cant inb4 newfag

>,that boss has been beated bare fist no shield no rolling , literally git gud

What level of autism do people have to be at, to thimk that this is skillful / entertaining?
Anyone could do that with endless hours of free time and repitition / practice

>grill streamer strolled into the bossfight with her eyes closed and parried him instantly
Just fucking get better.

nameless is much easier than Pontiff, because he has larger windows of vulnerability than this spammy fuck

Why is it when people use exclamation points I automatically think they're simpletons? Its kinda the same feeling I get reading people who overuse ellipsis.

I think this is a you problem - I'm playing thru this game for the first time and it took me like 6 times max to beat him cuz I'm shitty.

The first part is faily simple - just shield or dodge out of the way and try to stay behind him.

For the 2nd part just don't get hit with the transform radius attack and try to kill the illusion when it spawns. He's pretty easy to take down when he's alone.

what? he swings his weapons and eventually has some extra weapons to hit you with to make it interesting, and literally everything can be avoided by pressing the "press this button to not die" button. artificial difficulty literally does not exist and you cant prove me wrong

>Watching girl streamers
Woh, nice sex life mate.

he is really hard

but I did kill him(barely) with parrying and like 10 tries later

>implying parry bait the boss is hard
wew lad

>watching streamers at all
i have some bad news for you m8

>literally everything can be avoided by pressing the "press this button to not die" button.

so this is what I was doing wrong.
thx mate!

>whats the point of competitions everyone could be master level with endless hours of free time

He was hard, but I just did it like 40 times with the sole understanding that I'd die loads and need to learn his attack patterns.

I was a pretty agile build though so no idea how it is doing a heavy build.

>Using the word simpleton unironically

Anyhow, you get that feeling because your grandparents do it and everyone else realizes that use of exclamation points like that comes off as disingenuous.

>tfw beat Orphan 2nd try
>Pontiff took me more than 20 the first time
>still takes me atleast 3 tries even though I've prob fought him about 15 times by now

He just never stops swinging, man

>artificial difficulty
ive literally never seen a concrete definition or example of this, im 100% sure its just a way for people who are shit at videogames to feel better about themselves, even the old "boulder going down a flight of stairs" meme that the souls games pull a few times can very clearly be seen coming and avoided, and also maybe im just not as casual as i thought but ive always assumed that being "unfair" is the entire point of single player games

I beat him 2nd try, no summons. He's actually easier in his second state honestly.

Pro tip OP
His duplicate performs a weaker version of the move the real Pontiff is about to do. Use this to your advantage and exploit these telegraphs to find openings

But you can parry pontiff

Beat him first try with no summons. He was difficult for sure but there was literally nothing artificial about him. Bet you didn't even try and study his moveset or tried to block his attacks or some other retarded ahit. Git gud you fucking faggot. Coming in here with that artificial difficulty meme. You ain't even good, get the fuck outta here.

>Beat him first try with no summons.
post proof or get out faggot

Just because you inb4 it doesn't invalidate it. There is literally no other reply for you outside of git gud you fucking meme spouting queer. You don't know what artificial difficulty even is.

it took me several tries but thats because i underestimated how easy his shadow or whatever was to deal with
also this youre a fag OP

Artificial difficulty is like, if you play a game on normal and it's ok, so you bump it up to hard, and all it does is make enemies bullet sponges that can ohk you with dead shot accuracy. There is such a thing as cheap difficulty.

One thing I hate in souls games that's kinda artificial difficulty is the animation snapping, where an enemy swings at you, so you roll out of the way, but his character model turns mid swing with you just a bit to hit you.

Iffy hit boxes are an annoyance too, where I was clearly out of the way of his attack but he still hit me.

Mob enemies are kinda a cheap way to boost difficulty too.

Is it that amazing? And how the fuck would I have proof I beat him first try? Any video I show you could easily say it wasn't my first try, I'd have to like post a full walk through to even start to convince you.

It's not that hard to just not rush his ass and just strafe around until you can see where he leaves himself open. Like any boss in any game ever, he has a pattern and telegraphs. If your playstyle is to keep rushing him until you win that's fine, but I value my time so I just play carefully.

He's not even fucking hard
Dark souls is so overhyped difficulty wise
Play ninja gaiden or something, these games are not fucking hard

meh i feel like tracking is something an actual living creature could do to some extent, just not ds2 extent i guess. sounds like bloodbourne fits the bill for artificial difficulty by that definition, its seems like everything is only hard because it takes forever to kill, especially now that im doing a threaded cane play through. i killed cleric beast second try with the cleaver saw, though i was slightly overpowered on my first time, and now i cant even get him to half hp after like 3 tries with the stupid cane, which i should note is great for regular mobs

Souls games aren't even hard barring like a boss or two in the series, and he sure as shit isn't one of them.

>spend 2 hours dying to Vordt
>beat Pontiff in like 3 tries

wat

Litterly how?

Don't listen to the ''git gut'' faggots OP, this boss is bullshit, unending unpredictable combos, instant, undodgeable attacks, shitty hitboxes, it's a mess

youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM?t=29m38s
youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM?t=37m37s

How?

What game is this?

nioh

I bet you thought gwyn was impossible too. Learn to parry moron.

his whole critique is great but a the same time i feel like he didnt put enough time into it

1st try, no summons.
Dancer, on the other hand...