Should I, Cred Forums?

Should I, Cred Forums?

Just buy 1, 2 and 3. Fuck Thi4f.

No. Buy Thief 1&2 and leave it at that.

Don't get the newest game, it's garbage.

Only buy Thief Gold, Thief 2 and Thief: Deadly Shadows. Thief 2014 is garbage and not worth the time or money.

only buy thief 4

Get 1, 2 and Deadly Shadows only.

Remember to get Tfix, Tafferpatcher and Sneaky Upgrade for each game respectively.

Here's the how to play Thief guide, it's also got a whole lot of fan mission recs for when you finish the main game.

No.

this
everything else in the series is outdated

just bought the first 3, any tips? (I'm downloading the 3 patches right now)

Play on the highest difficulty.

>post2005videogames.jpg

Is thief gold just deadly shadows with bonus stuff?

Highest difficulty always, it just opens up more of the level and gives more objectives, it's also the canon route through the story.

Use your map, make notes on it, have a bit of patience sometimes, use your consumables. Noise arrows are good distractors, use a regular if you don't have a noise arrow. If you haven't played many old games, you might be thinking "am I supposed to be able to get here, is this the right way to do it" yes, it is, as long as you aren't bunnyhopping outside of the level, you are supposed to be there. There are usually multiple ways around the place and some are surprising weird ways. Try to think of outside of the box solutions to problems.

Also don't expect Thief 1 to be full stealth. There are some spooky missions too, don't worry about being "caught" by the creatures, just make sure you have an escape route for when you alert them. It only matters about alerting human enemies. Thief 1 is basically a dark indiana jones meets tomb raider. 2 is more of a mansion heist evade the guards stealth sim. 1 is more about exploration of labyrinthine tombs.

Gold is 1 with a few expansion pack levels added to it. Deadly Shadows is 3.

Thief 4 is underrated

i got thief a few months back, and after patches and reskinning im finding alot of trouble playing the game
because all i hear is a friendly Belethor, at the general goods store

>That stream when the xbox 360 copy got leaked early

>all that OC and memes that spawned from it

Good times, wish I hadn't lost all the shit I saved back then.

I have a few.
GIVE IT TO ME HARDER

Which game are these fan missions for? Or are they compatible with both games?

>recommending deadly shadows
Just the first 2

You see the little Icon's in the bottom right of each image, that should tell you what game the mod is for. Though if you hadn't bought it yet you might not know. The yellow green is Thief 2's exe icon, the other one is Gold. The image doesn't have any for 3 yet.

Also not in the image, but Thief 2X is a full blown fan made expansion pack with a full sized campaign.

It's great with Sneaky Upgrade, really improves the game to be a decent sequel to the first 2.

I hope this was a tutorial of some sort and not a constant thing.