Thoughts on New Paper Mario, Cred Forums? It's an aswesome update to Paper Mario that modernizes the old art style...

Thoughts on New Paper Mario, Cred Forums? It's an aswesome update to Paper Mario that modernizes the old art style, character designs, and atmosphere for something more like Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star. Let's discuss what we want to see from it, and post our favorite screengrabs.
I'll post its websites below:

Other urls found in this thread:

nelde.deviantart.com/art/New-Paper-Mario-Screenshot-009-168953211
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

newpapermario tumblr com
www facebook com/newpapermario
ap nintendo com/report

oh cool, i thought you we're just being a sarcastic cunt at first

Looks pretty neat. I'd play it

>Original Parakarry art has shading, less stiff pose, and more expression compared to the "new" version

Seems about right

>ap nintendo com/report
wew nice

this

It's shit.

You're STILL shilling your game here?

Except that's not how he looks in game.

If you guys have never played Papaer Mario why are you posting this shit?

its awful.

Goddamnit I saw this and thought it was out. Thanks for the blue balls.

The New Paper Mario logo doesn't even understand the original logo, why should I expect it to understand the rest of the original game's art direction?

I don't see either of those posters saying anything about the art being in-game or not.

>twink is a luma
Nope, that's really stupid. Stop shilling on Cred Forums.

This shilling is fucking atrocious, it's not even subtle

kinda dumb, but not the end of the world

i expect this triggers spergs though

>more unique
>because I can

it's a temporary vector rendering you autismo

Oops

I forgot to include ":^^^^^)" along with this post to indicate that my intention is only to mock this person.

Fair enough. He can do what he wants with his pack and it does make more sense to have a Luma there

>I want to create a texture pack that modernizes Paper Mario.
>And by that I mean I want to create a texture pack where I butcher an old game's art direction because I want reblogs and my shitty original art doesn't get reblogs.

If it's supposed to be a remaster why not try to make it look at least as good as the official artwork?

Can't wait for the day 1 star kids patch someone will inevitably make

It's only a handful of sprites so I doubt it will take long to make

Source?

IIIIT'S FUUCCCKING SHIIIIT
YOU CAN'T REPLACE SPRITE BASED ANIMATION WITH A KNOCKOFF OF TTYD'S SMOOTH SEGMENT BASED ANIMATIONS.
TWINK IS NOT A FUCKING LUMA.
THE RADIO PRIZE TOAD IS NOT FUCKING TOADETTE.
reeeee

How does it make more sense? Twink is from STAR Haven. The game revolves around STAR Spirits.

>because it's mine and I can
Kind of defeats the purpose of taking the time to explain why you did something, no?

my eyes, experience with adobe illustrator, and the fact that the mod isn't even halfway finished yet

>modernizes the old art style, character designs, and atmosphere for something more like Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star

He's OP (the guy who made the mod).

AND CHUCK QUIZMO IS NOT THAT FUCKING THING FROM MARIO PARTY

Stop shilling your game before it exists numbnuts, Nintendo has been on a DCMA bender lately.

At the very least try and exist only as a contact info free tumblr or blogspot page with a torrent only download that can't be easily DCMA'd .

Didn't he also replace Jr. Troppa with Bower Jr. or am I thinking of a different texture pack?

What's the point of this? Is Paper Mario really that horrible to look at?

I loved that movie as a kid.

>Replacing Chuck Quizmo

UNACCEPTABLE

How about you go ask the creator instead of assuming it is

>Lumas, which are just stars with faces, have a more unique design than more stars with faces

the fuck?

It is for some.

This is why I wish a newer Mario Party would just copy 2. Or maybe, you know, fuck it, make MP2 HD.

why would anyone waste their time doing this

holy shit just make a fangame knockoff instead

Not in the slightest. In fact I prefer its sprites over TTYD's segment-based animations and I think it has aged really well.

He made a mockup, but said he was keeping Troopa.

nelde.deviantart.com/art/New-Paper-Mario-Screenshot-009-168953211

No. Its stylized look keeps the game timeless. It only looks bad if you run it in 1080p on an emulator.

I should finish that thought.

*Nintendo should HD the game or something, so that I could actually enjoy Mario Party WITH OTHER NITPICKY ASS PEOPLE.

Bleh. Good, because that's an ugly Jr.

we've already gone over this, love how all showcased pictures of the 'new' have somehow less detail to them.
Just look at how there's no shadow on koopa troppa's hat. Or how the new logo doesn't look quite as papery as the original.

How can anyone actually look forward to this trash?

Some of it looks better, some of it looks worse. Still a cool thing, hope the Nintendo police don't shut it down.

>an update to the art
>change a bunch of characters and dialogue while you're at it
I'll just play the original, thanks.

Fuck you, I hope they do after they've shut down far worthier projects. It wouldn't be fair that this piece of shit gets to continue existing.

It only "makes sense" if he replaces everything about star spirits and wish power with lumas and the Rosalina observatory and shit. At which point, why he modding a game he clearly doesn't appreciate?

this faggot's attitude in regards to this is more than enough for me to not give a single shit for the rest of his project.

Lumas have more dimension to their design. There's implied weight and limbs. They look like tubby little pillow people in the shape of stars. Star kids are just star shapes with faces.

>modernizes the old art style, character designs, and atmosphere for something more like Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star.
>It's an aswesome update
So which is it?

Look at OP's second post, champ.

The old style was better

>let's shit on a timeless style with ~my~ vision of what Paper Mario should be
worst part is people will actually play his version and prefer it

>Lumas have more dimension to their design
That's exactly why they're a terrible fit for this game.
Also, simplicity isn't the same thing as being unique. Commander Video is a unique design despite how simple he is. The important thing is that the star spirits fit Paper Mario's art style while also being able to convey their character, something that they do quite well.

So that's the reason that they started using lumas instead of star spirits in Mario games. They are better designs, yes, but that is not a good reason to just outright change something. It doesn't make sense that lumas would be in Paper Mario when the game has star spirits, they're similar in concept but they are completely different.

This isn't regular autism.

This is ADVANCED autism!

I hated Mario Party 5

What of it, "champ?"

Was the pink one meant to be gay or just a prostitute?

Yeah, your post is pretty autistic. I don't see why you felt the need to announce it.

Stop posting your shit texture pack here, thanks.

Lol, this sucks.

There's a reason Nintendo hasn't DCMA'd this yet.

They really aren't very different at all. They're a bunch of infant stars being raised and protected by a magical girl before they mature and venture into the cosmos. They can transform into various celestial objects and act like young children.

Really the only significant difference is the star spirits, which can easily just be unique mature lumas like we've seen in Galaxy 2.

See:

It reminds them too much of the direction they're taking, they only take down fan projects that are better than the original works

They used Lumas because they needed something that worked in a 3D space and Star Spirits didn't. (See Mario Party 5) That being said, Nintendo likes to pretend that new parts of lore in spinoffs never happened so its not like we were going to get them back anyway. They even made an entire fucking game saying "you want side characters? You want Birdo? Too bad!"

Also, Lumas appear in every game because Galaxy sold well and no one at Nintendo understands why.

That's better than appropriating muslims.

>I like Lumas and it's my texture pack

Fair enough.

>They used Lumas because they needed something that worked in a 3D space and Star Spirits didn't. (See Mario Party 5)
What did he mean by this?

They look bad here because they've just dressed up power stars instead of rendering the actual designs. It'd be like dressing a regular NSMB goomba and koopa troopa as Goombario and Kooper. It just wouldn't work, the actual designs needs to be rendered. The star guy in MP3 was fine.

I don't see why wish stars and lumas can't coexist, they fill different roles, look different, act different, and they're working on totally different plains of reality, and the stars from SMRPG and Paper Mario were a lot more whimsical and interesting, and somehow a bit more creative even in their simplicity.

user, that movie came out a year ago

It's trash.

Welcome to Cred Forums

is this still being worked on?