FFXV

Does anyone else feel like this relationship is kind of "forced"? Like, that if it wasn't a political match they wouldn't look twice at each other? I'm not really getting the affection that they're supposed to feel for each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kGyVZRHZ2ow?t=3m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's no affection they're supposed to few about eachother, Noctis only met her once when they were kids and never saw them again, while Lunafreya has a duty to protect him because of destiny bullshit

It's just an arranged marriage.

I thought they had a couple of play dates?

Not really, they spent some time together as kids and that's it
In Kingsglaive's ending he says he hasn't met her in 12 years

>he hasn't met her in 12 years
>they love each other
Forced romance should be banned

Apparently Noctis is the one who gave her the nickname Luna. You mean to tell me that no one in her immediately family thought of that beforehand?

Fuck Noctis is a fag, Lunafreya is a high tier name and Luna is a shit nick

This.

>>they love each other
When was this ever stated?
Outside of VSXIII they've always seemed like they're going through with it for muh kingdom and muh duty

She's been referred to as Noctis' "beloved".

This is cringe levels of forced if true. As if Regis dying words being "me and your mom wanted you to be happy together" wasn't bad enough. You'd think Regis would mention his own fucking wife or be concerned about Noct with a "protect my son" but no, they turn him into a cupid for most forced FF romance to date.

It's stated that "there's love from Luna but Noctis is not yet ready to accept that love" or something like that

Apparently it's from one of the loading screens from a demo.

You mean the writing in this game is terrible?

NO WAY

I'm just disappointed with Luna's character overall and her "romance" with Noct is the worst part.

Her and Ravus have no relationship to speak of even though they were apparently closer before their mom's death.

Her backstory is Noct's recycled because she's the heir to her kingdom and her mom was a single parent ruler.

Her role is just "muh destinee" and her main relationship is with the MC to be his support/love interest. and that in itself is the most forced thing of all of this.

She's a princess he's a prince. and an oracle who apparently has a destinee to be with the chosen king. She's also his childhood friend who he hasn't seen in 12 fucking years but that's somehow realistic that they give even the slightest fuck about each other after all that time and didn't find other people to become interested in. Especially Noct as he had bitches drooling on his dick all throughout his life.

I mean FF romance has always been forced, but this takes the fucking cake.

I agree. It's just so halfassed and the feeling just isn't there. I see that some people have started to pair her with Nyx, and honestly that seems like it would be better for her.
We good now?

Who knows what happened when Noctis was in Tenebrae :)

I can't read that shit, but I'll take your word for it since you posted it.

I guess her family very conveniently weren't that close so the shitty writers can force Noct as her most important bond.

>kek at fags not seeing the obvious middle ages inspired chivalric romance plot
you get the girl by fulfilling your vows/destiny/quest not by gaining love. Just a reminder that becouse "love is needed in a relationship" King Arthur was backstabbed by his own knight. You guys are either adolturus degenerates or backstabbers. I bet both even.

>kind of forced
>political match

no shit famalam

It says, as far as I can tell:
>Prince Noctis' beloved/betrothed, Lady Lunafreya met her now fiance as a (part that I can't see because it's right in front of her face and it's in white) home of Tenebrae. Unable to pronounce her name in full, the boy (can't read this part either), called her "Luna" and this abbreviation stuck.

16 yo Luna is a cutie

>"there's love from Luna but Noctis is not yet ready to accept that love"

I really just don't care about her at this point. I hope she dies early on so we don't have to sit through cringe/forced interaction with her and Noct. but from what I'v heard so far, Tabata's going to be shoving their "speshul bond" down our throats through flashbacks atleast.

I miss when it was Versus and wasn't even going to have a romance. Or one wasn't planned anyway.

wasn't the other part of their marriage to act as a peace treaty or some such?

Me either.
I think so? But didn't that aspect dropped because it was useless due to the invasion or something?

>I miss when it was Versus and wasn't even going to have a romance. Or one wasn't planned anyway.

So you're going to pretend there wasn't a blatant as fuck romeo and juliet plot going on with Noctis and the original girl (old Luna) in all the Versus trailers?

More like he doesn't know how to respond to her feelings. So it's more like Noct being a pussy.

>a fantasy action role playing Game is coming out, let's discuss the love sub-plot to it

Why

So they made Noctis a retard who can't even pronounce words? lol the writers should be fired.

Because we can.

Anti kun is still asshurt over her self-insert getting pushed aside.

>old Luna

She wasn't old Luna, she was a completely different character who had a completely different role and relationship with Noct.

and Nomura pretty much said there "likely" wouldn't be a love story in it among making other comments that implied as much. The only people who pushed the romeo juliet headcanon were shipperfags who didn't bother reading the interviews.

>But didn't that aspect dropped because it was useless due to the invasion or something?
was it? I thought that was another reason why they were trying to kill noctis so much asides the power he holds. they didn't want the two countries to join hands like that as well.

Or, we could just be talking about how the characters interact with each other and how they're presented to us? I was gonna say something about not everyone being Anti-kun or FFXV-kun but you knew that and just probably want to keep shit going.

It's an arranged marriage.

Luna is trying to love Noctis, but Noctis isn't really ready to accept the circumstances behind their relationship.

I have no clue user. I thought I saw that said in previous thread.

Basically he doesn't like it being forced on him, and assumes she feels the same as well.

>She wasn't old Luna, she was a completely different character who had a completely different role and relationship with Noct.

Wowzers. Go ahead, completely ignore the point I was making in regard to your wrong post about the non-existent romance and go off on me on something else.

You are a faggot.

The walls of text and passive aggressive bitchiness say otherwise.

So you just decided to ignore his point...or?

I'm sure there's nothing anyone could post to convince you otherwise, so I'm just gonna give you this (You) and move on. Okay?

What are you talking about? You said there was a romeo and juliet thing with Noctis and Stella and I corrected you saying there wasn't and as far as we knew Nomura didn't want to write it as a romance.

give me another (you)

@352938637
No, you've had your fill.

It's not just the arranged marriage, their bond in general is very forced. It's just not realistic that they would care about each other so much and the writers just say they have a "speshul bond" like that's supposed to substitute for actual interaction the past 12 years.

that's not a (you)

>You said there was a romeo and juliet thing with Noctis and Stella and I corrected you saying there wasn't

Are you retarded? Did you not see all the trailer hints pointing to them being really fond of eachother in their interactions and not wanting to fight? Remember the trailer that showed noc and Stella in the city street hesitantly = summoning their crystals and weapons with a depressed look on their face?

@352938935
Yeah, and this isn't either.

She's an oracle who's using him as a tool to stop niflheim and that's the extent of their relationship.

You're not serious, right? The romance undertones where extremely obvious.

And I told you to give me a (you).

Why are we suddenly expecting good writing from a FF game?

I'm sorry your headcanons are contradicted by the creator? I don't know what else to say...

not him but when did that happen?

You do realize that Nomura flat out touched upon their characters and mentioned their slight romance and troubles being on opposing sides years ago, right? As far as we know you don't know shit.

It'd be nice if that were the case, as that concept is atleast somewhat interesting but everything we've seen implies they are very fond of each other.

Source?

Can you give me a source on that? All I remember is him saying he enjoys writing friendships rather than romance when asked about it and later on he supposedly said their likely wouldn't be a romance story in it.

youtu.be/kGyVZRHZ2ow?t=3m50s There's another one as well that's similar to this.

I mean this is pretty bad even for FF standards. It's just a bit baffling to me is all.

The gods told her to marry noctis and he admires her for being everything that he isn't. How could anyone have hard time noticing these obvious things?

I don't see it m8

I don't think anyone said that wasn't the case, just that the whole thing is forced and cringey.

Unless you're arguing there won't be any romance, which is pretty dumb at this point. Tabata even said she likes him and the setup is obvious.

3:50

I'm not spoon-feeding anymore of you retards.

There obviously won't be any real romance.

I see them trying to each other.

Okay shipperfag. I actually prefer Stella to Luna just on concept alone but I'm not going to sit here and pretend there was going to be a love story between her and Noct when the creator pretty much said otherwise.

I mean, I guess I see how you think they had that setup if you only watched that trailer, but after all the other info given on them and their interaction I don't see how you could still think that.

If she dies and they don't interact at all maybe, but you can bet the writers are going to push the whole romantic feelings bit.

I mean Noct and his crew talk about her and they act like they are already in a romantic relationship. It's jarring because he hasn't seen her in 12 years and they are acting like she's someone they all know and hang out with and her and Noct flirt all the time or something. It's very weird. Like the characters have no awareness of the unrealistic situation.

So the writers accomplished their goals, is what you're saying?

They're teasing home

>You must be a shipfag to see all the obvious points to it. I don't care for stella or Luna either way but it's obvious it was there. The many times the trailers would show them having nice conversations together when noc isn't seen doing it with anyone else in versus, the slow-mo scenes of Stella turning around and looking at noct, etc.

Their bro is being forced to marry someone he hasn't seen in 12 years and they're sitting their acting like they are highschool sweethearts? Nah bro. The only way they could sell that is if the bros know he feels uncomfortable about it and are trying to lighten his mood but there's nothing to indicate that and instead the writers try to present this "feel-good" mood of him getting hitched to his "tru luv" and his bros giving him shit. I don't think the writers are competent enough to come up with the former and again, it's not presented that way and it just comes off feeling very awkward and like the characters aren't the least bit self-aware.

Noct and Stella's connection was obviously supposed to be an important part of Versus story, but if you take off the shipper goggles and inform yourself, you'd know their conversation was anything but romantic and the dramatic headturn was supposed to be just that. Dramatic. It's not indicative of romance, just that their meeting was obviously a noteworthy scene and is presented as such.

Even when Stella kinda hit on Noctis at the end, he just made a mean joke out of it.

Wait, Luna is 24? Well then.

Sure, fag. Keep ignoring the obvious. If I couldn't find the video you would have just I couldn't prove all the things I claim. It doesn't matter what I show you because you'll continue to deny it.

I mean, I admitted that you could see it as a romantic setup had you not actually read the translation of their conversation and read any interviews, what more do you want?

Again, I'm sorry your headcanons were contradicted by the creator?

Noct/Stella relationship seemed like it had the potential to be really interesting, but from all that was known, Nomura wasn't planning on it being romantic.

>you'll continue to deny it.
That's FFXV threads in a nutshell.

> these niggas still don't realize that it's WOL and Sarah again

Jesus fuck.

>"Through Noctis' dialogue, we're trying to elevate Luna and what she means to him and why he grew to like her," Iwanaga says. She also plays an important role for Noctis that goes beyond merely being a love interest. "She is the presence that supports Noctis throughout in order for him to fulfill his destiny," Tabata says.
> we're trying to elevate Luna and what she means to him and why he grew to like her,"

What's hard to understand? He didn't like her at first since he was forced to be with her for the "betterment of the country" and eventually fell for her. You know, that usual cliched bullshit.

There's something about the "trying to elevate" part that isn't sitting right with me.

No one's saying it's hard to understand. We're saying it's horrible writing because it's so forced and unrealistic and Tabata basically admits to shoehorning in more (likely cringe) dialogue just to shove it in everyone's faces.

They want people to see why he likes her because we won't exactly get to be around her much at all in XV.
It's fucking final fantasy, when has it ever been something to laud about its writing?

>when has it ever been something to laud about its writing?
And? That doesn't mean that we have to give this one a pass.

We? What "we" are you talking about, my pompous and pretentious friend?

It's because he's basically admitting that their relationship had jack shit to actually go on so he's trying to shoehorn in more dialogue to make her seem super important to him like it wasn't already forced enough on concept alone.

After the dying Regis cupid bullshit in KG and the Luna nickname retardation, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make her seem like his most important bond. I hope she dies so I don't have to sit through that cringefest.

Probably talking about the other people in this thread pointing out the shitty writing since that's kinda what we've all been doing.

>>After the dying Regis cupid bullshit in KG
Wait what?

Makes sense, he isn't a difficult person to read.

His dying words to her are basically "me and your mom would want you two to be happy" instead of idk, mentioning Noct's mom/his actual fucking wife or just saying "protect my son" seeing as Noct's safety was presented as his main concern.

It was very tasteless and shoehorned. Like the guy already died a jobber death and you throw that in there to reinforce the already forced relationship with Noct and Luna. Have some respect for the guy, he's fucking dying.

Way to ignore the rest of the post.

Why the fuck does it matter if there's something going on between the two of them? It's not like romance will be the focus of the story. We haven't even seen them interact with each other and I'm pretty fucking sure you need to play the game to see their relationship develop just like how Noctis develops his relationship with his friends and his father.

You had it right in the first part of your paragraph.

Speaking of this, do we know anything else about Noctis' mom?

It matters if it this cringe trash is going to be shoved in your face, which Tabata is hinting that it is. and this thread is about discussing it, so if you didn't want to you should probably leave.

>develop

It's an already "established relationship" and they are presented as caring about each other so much already. We're just pointing out how forced and shitty the situation and writing is even by FF standards.

They might be siblings.

No, I was explaining a way that it could be spun, but then I proceeded to analyze contextual in-game evidence proving that it's not being spun that way at all.

Luna is older than noctis?

Yes. She's 24 and he's 20.

When did you get to play the entire game?

I didn't? I just don't have autism and can understand simple human interaction? You seem to think there's something deeper going on, but there's nothing to suggest that. On the contrary, we've seen scenes that make it clear his bros don't have the slightest clue he's uncomfortable and are just used as cupids the lazy writers decided to throw in to re-inforce his forced relationship with Luna in those scenes.

I don't even know why Tabata tried to push the whole "complicated feelings" bit with Noct in interviews because we all fucking know how it's going to end up. With him accepting her as his "tru luv" or some shit as he clearly already has a boner for her despite that being completely unrealistic. So complicated durr

It's just Tabata trying to hype it as deep and interesting when it's just so simple it writes itself. It's easy to understand what he's going for, it's just not the least bit interesting or well-written.

>expecting a realistic romance in a final fantasy game in the first place
Kek

Is half-way okay writing that much to ask for?

I agree FF is just shit at romance in general, but this is another level of podracing.

Apparently. At this point, I'd rather Noct just didn't have a canon love interest and they just let you flirt with whichever girl but it's just an in-game side thing that doesn't really amount to anything and is just for fun and fanservice. Kinda like Tidus with Lulu and Rikku.

Like, atleast that would be fun.

Yeah, but I don't think Gladio would go for Noct trying to fuck his sister.

Isn't their relationship being forced the entire point? Its an arranged marriage for political and destiny related reasons. Noctis doesn't seem to like this and no fun allowed Luna just sees it as her duty. Hopefully Noctis can fuck bitches on the side since they don't seem like a particularly good fit.

He doesn't have to know. Iris wants to hop on Noct's dick so bad she'd keep it a secret if he asked her.

What I would really want is Cid flirting and possible love/hate Aranea flirting.

Maybe Cid would actually throw in more discounts or some shit if you flirted with her enough. Mite b cool.

and Ara-Ara is pretty self-explanatory. Hatesex would be bomb.

And?

Tabata has pretty much confirmed she's his canon love interest and that he's going to be shoving this down your throat.

I wish you could just fuck bitches on the side instead of being forced into a boring unrealistic relationship with Luna, but sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

>He doesn't have to know. Iris wants to hop on Noct's dick so bad she'd keep it a secret if he asked her.
Considering how she spilled the beans about Noctis saving her in Brotherhood, she'd probably tell Gladio that Noct dicked her down.

You're right. Well, at that point Gladio would probably be okay with it if Noct agreed to take responsibility and marry her. They are supposed to be like brothers anyway amirite?

I mean, what would he expect Noct do do? Give Iris her virginity back?

>They are supposed to be like brothers anyway amirite
Not that user, but didn't he straight up hate him for a while?

Yea, but the writers are ass at writing relationships apparently, so you're just expected to roll with it I guess.

Well then, Iris x Noctis it is.

I'm more of an AraxNoct person myself, but I respect your freedom of choice. Too bad Tabata doesn't.

Nah, if I had my druthers it would be NoctxMe. Punished Noct is too handsome. Gladio is still first in my heart though.

NoctxMe is OTP.

Though, I myself have my heart set on 2011 Noct. I can see why people find Old Noct attractive, but he doesn't feel like him at all. If we're just going by physical appearance though, go for it user. I won't stop you.

I can see that. He seems to be different physically in the face.

But after Insomnia invasion shouldn't the wedding be off? Yeah the king needs the oracle by his side in times of crisis but not necessarily he needs to marry her.

Tell that to the writers. They could use a bit of common sense.

They've only known each other for a few weeks as children, and they haven't even been communicating since then.

It's common sense for the hero to end up with the heroine

Not true they exchanged letters all the while.

Yea, pair that with the fact that I've grown attached to Noct's original design after so many years of seeing it and I just can't accept it as him.
He's cute tho.

Second quote meant for

That's what I didn't get. After the invasion, why keep that affectionless plot going?

Cliche doesn't equal common sense. Especially when the details go against common sense and the writing is horrible. and letters aren't a substitute for actual interaction over 12 fucking years from the time you're a literal fucking child to an adult.

0/10 can't believe I actually replied.

>cliches
We've been going for more than 10 years since FFX without following that cliche. FFXII and XIII didn't follow the hero heroine cliche.

Noct still have to meet Luna for Oracle purposes.

Yeah, but that shouldn't have to mean that he has to marry her now.

I don't think he will. The only people who brings up the marriage thing were your party members and Cindy before the invasion. Luna is going to die anyway.

Hero/Heroine is a cliche not just in FF but everywhere. So yes, it's cliche. The point was that either way, it's unrealistic and forced.

Something doesn't have to be cliche to be contrived and horribly written. Noct/Luna is shaping up to be the worst FF "romance" to date.

Yeah better Noct x Stella amirite Nomurabro?

Noct and Stella weren't supposed to have a romantic relationship but keep deflecting shiteater.

We've barely fucking scene past a couple hours into the game, no need to be so fucking melodramatic dude.

They were supposed to. The whole shtick of Versus is that they love each other but their families are fighting.

Yeah, they were. The only difference is that they were originally intended to be enemies since their families were. It was going to be even more bullshit, what with the star crossed lovers cliche.

>Noctis
>developing a relationship with his dad
His dad's dead
And even when he was alive their relationship was awkward and strained as all fuck lol

>melodramatic

It's not melodramatic to point out how forced and unrealistic their relationship is.

You don't need to see past the first couple of hours to see that.

We already know they

>haven't seen each other for 12 years
>only communicated through letters
>only knew each other as literal kids for a little while

Doesn't matter how they try to spin it, shit is the most contrived unrealistic shit in FF based on that info alone.

>shit is the most contrived unrealistic shit in FF based on that info alone
...Are you fucking serious right now? A cliche childhood romance that will probably develop over the game is THE most contrived thing you've seen in Final Fantasy. You really are being fucking melodramatic.

>26 unique ips
>141 posts

nigga

It's not going to develop since Luna dies :^)

No, that wasn't what Versus was about at all and Nomura implied and later outright said it likely wouldn't be a romance.

>even more bullshit

No romance is more bullshit than Luna/Noct user. Not in FF atleast.

It's an arranged marriage, and they are/were supposed to get married for political reasons.

Do they actually fall in love with each other? We'll find out in November.

Is one user who hates the romance REALLY this autistic?

I'm talking about romance relationships in FF, not in general. and yes, Noct/Luna is the most contrived forced bullshit FF has pulled out of it's ass so far.

>develop over the game

Except they are presenting it as an already established relationship.

You really are being retarded.

No, Nomura said romance wasn't going to be the main theme of Versus XIII, and that seems to be holding up for XV.

>Final Fantasy
>Romance

kek, what are you, a faggot?

The thread is about discussing their forced relationship.

>goes in a thread about subject
>calls people autistic for discussing subject

kek

No, they're fucking not. It's been said that Luna is interested, but probably didn't do anything because Noctis was a kid, and Noctis doesn't really know how to respond. Nowhere has it been implied they're deeply in love with each other. Noctis seems like kind of a sperg honestly, or doesn't really care about romance.

And honestly you're a fucking dumbass if you think XV is looking to be more contrived than VIII.

>people trying to seriously discuss this

nigga you know it's going to be cringe as fuck

You saw the little sister's hand motions, the full game's gonnab e like that

Cool.

LunaxNoct is still forced retardation.

>Most forced FF romance until fate
Don't hyperbole, nothing was more forced than Rinoa x Squall

No, I'm calling you autistic for posting so forcefully about a fictional romance about a game that's not even out yet.

>i-i'm wrong
>f-fuck you i'll just move the goalposts
keking over here

You're dumb if you think Tabata isn't pushing romance with them and yes it is the most contrived in FF just going by the things we already know.

The worst FF romance I've seen so far is Squall x Rinoa (until now I still don't fucking get why he's suddenly in love with her on disc 3 when he's completely an asshole and uninterested in her in the first 2 discs). Let's see if Noctis and Luna takes the cake.

I'm not dumb, I'm just a reasonable person not posting autistic threads on Cred Forums.

I never said I was wrong, I just don't care to entertain your attempt at deflecting from the subject. Saying Versus was going to have a shit romance doesn't magically make XV's romance good, it doesn't work that way.

>Noct and Stella weren't supposed to have a romantic relationship but keep deflecting shiteater.
This is the original post I responded to doofus. If that isn't you, you chimed in at some point like a retard.

>reasonable person

No, you're autistic and and uninformed. They were already confirmed for being a love story just that it wouldn't be like "Tidus/Yuna for example" and if you've actually watched all the material it's obvious.

I was responding to someone who was trying to deflect saying Stella and Noct would've been better sarcastically. You were the one who chimed in autist.