Why haven't you hacked your 3DS yet, user?

Why haven't you hacked your 3DS yet, user?

I MADE THIS THREAD BECAUSE MENUHAX STOPPED WORKING OUT OF NOWHERE AND I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET BROWSERHAX TO WORK AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING UPDATE PROMPT I'M ON 10.4 ON A NEW 3DS AND CANNOT GET THE WORKAROUND TO WORK AND THE ONLY OTHER OPTION I HAVE IS OOTHAX BUT THAT NEEDS ANOTHER VECTOR PLEASE GOD SOMEONE HELP ME

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

serves unright pirate fuck

Because I have pride, want to support the devs and don't want to kill the industry.

so i attempted to hack mine... Mine wont boot up i can load hourglass.. but other than that i got nothing...

this is why you should have switched to a9lh you tremendous faggot

wipe browser settings
set internal clock to january 1st year 2000
should bypass the update prompt for the browser

Powersaves on its way so I can oothax my 10.7 n3ds XL that got stuck on the browser nag.

I don't even care about pirating games. I just need to hack the thing because I can.

>I just need to hack the thing because I can.
Oh good, I'm not the only one who gets this.

anyone know how to switch from ReiNand to Luma without fucking anything up

I'm genuinely too stupid to figure out which guide to follow.

There is no longer any games I care about on the system.

Browserhax should still work on 10.4

yes

That's what you get for not installing al9h I'm sure if you go to hbg and follow the guide to rehack your 3ds you'll be good. That way you'll never have to fuck with menuhax ever again.

anone getting a posting error?

ok, let's assume I'm willing to spend money on another dedicated pokemon machine.
If I were to go out and buy a 2ds, how likely am I to get a hackable os version? (and no, I'm not willing to buy second hand so none of that "may I test it" shit wont fly)
Are there any games I'd miss out on by getting a 2ds over a new 3ds?
Does the homebrew os have built in cheat code support like the old r4s had?

test
wa

Just update to 11.1, use Steelhax, then after getting into HBL reinstall Menuhax.

Simple and easy.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Everyone is. 4chin's drunk at the moment.

I just need to get an adapter for SD cards for my comp and I'll start it.
Dumb question, but after getting ninjhax working is there a way to get menuhax going so I don't need the Cubic Ninja game to use homebrew?

I don't know which guide to use, am on the latest firmware, don't know how to solder, and won't buy Cube Ninja.

You're right, that is a dumb question.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Above has all the information you need

Setup could take you 2-3 hours if you're dedicated and everything is working as planned, but theres a 50/50 chance you'll be spending time in troubleshooting when something doesn't

Don't be afraid that you'll brick your system, following the directions on the guide is guaranteed to not fuck you up. Bricking is entirely the individual's error.

so if i use homerew will i be able to put 2ds games on an sd card and play them ?

New 3DS only has a token few games like Xenoblade and I think a BoI Rebirth port that run only on it compared to a 2DS or O3DS, and the VC SNES releases will only run on it too. Of note, it however does improve the framerate and texture quality significantly in MH4U and actually makes the 3DS Hyrule Warriors port bearable.

Some homebrew may run better with it, and with it you can even utilize the higher clock speed to increase performance in some games like the MGS3 port. Too bad that HANS doesn't enable ZL/ZR and the C-Stick.

Can we play DS roms yet?

Will you ever be able to play DS roms? ;_;

Well, sorta.
Homebrew is used at the entrypoint to install the A9LH hack, which lets you run custom firmware.

Once you have that set up, you can install shit like FBI, which in turn acts as your installer for games in .CIA files, or freeShop that lets you download stuff right from Nintendo's eShop servers

>2DS

You mean just regular old 3DS games?

No, in order to read 3DS games off the SD card and install game files, you need custom firmware on your device (which you can only get if you have a pre-11.0 system).

You can use homebrew apps and games but that's about it.

The latest DSi slot exploit allows you to use DS flashcarts on CFW.

Reading DS roms straight from an SD card is the next big step everyone is working on if I were to guess, close but not there yet.

>2ds

my mistake. I found a 2ds on a bus ride while i was coming home from work. I thought the 2ds had its own specific games

You should've turned that shit into the bus driver man.
I lost my GBA on the bus once, someone was kind enough to return it.

>DSi
Oh yeah, I just remembered, is there any exploits to those?

Question thread?

So I've downgraded my New3DS and was able to launch homebrew, but what do I do next? There's this thing called Luma3ds? How do I install it?

If I hack another 3ds can I system transfer and keep my games/saves/friends?

you're right . i probably should have. I've been slowly trying to get rid of my selfish nature . This clearly isnt helping

I don't want to buy anything and I'm on 10.3

I have to update to get online so I can hack it, but updating will prevent me from being able to hack it.

catch 22

So you mean you've downgraded from whatever firmware down to 9.2?
Then you've already made progress towards installing A9LH+Luma 3DS.

Pick up from here to install Menuhax, then continue to launching Decrypt9 so you can perform the CTR transfer.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

Basically you're in the right position to downgrade your N3DS to a 2.1 firmware, which is where and how you install the A9LH hack along with Luma3DS CFW.

Maybe you can return the 2DS to the bus company anonymously, and they can call someone who enquired about a lost 2DS system.

yeah ill do that

I did, it's very nice.

How's Vita homebrew+piracy? Better than Wii U?

Download the files from github, put in your homebrew folder, install CFW from homebrew menu. Just follow the plailect guide. If you don't want A9LH, you can seperate your sysNAND and emuNAND and just run everything off your emuNAND while keeping CFW benefits.

For downgrading on 11.0+ systems? I don't think so but could be wrong.

No, I mean literal DSis user.

what zelda games will i be able to play on a 2ds?

Yes, that's what I meant, I didn't realize it needed to be downgraded to 2.1, thanks brosepha.

Yeah, you can download DSi-ware games the same as any other with CFW as long as you have a patched AGB firm on SysNAND (which Luma3DS should do automatically anyways if you have the latest version installed).

So shit like flipnote studio, WarioWare! Touched, Shantae etc. can be downloaded and played no problem.

>If you don't want A9LH, you can seperate your sysNAND and emuNAND and just run everything off your emuNAND while keeping CFW benefits.

I wouldn't recommend this.
A9LH once installed gives you full control of your system, letting you backup NAND so you have brick protection, run software before booting into the system fully, and is far more reliable than EmuNAND solutions.
You can also always remove A9LH if you really need to.

I have that as a t-shirt, the blue/yellow version though. Shit's sweet, I wear it as a pyjama top.

No, user, I mean exploits to the DSi as in the literal DSi that was released in stores, not the DSi-mode that the 3DS has.

Oh right, forget to mention.

N3DS systems technically should never be on 2.1 firmware, make absolutely sure you do not put the system into sleep mode whilst you're on that firmware. It should only be briefly, whilst you perform the actual A9LH installation and then immediately finish up and update to 11.1 firmware.

Before you do, you better post some of the pictures saved on the 2ds.

Well shit then, I dunno. I mainly know about DS flashcarts and 3DS homebrew, that's about it.

what the fuck has even come out for this thing in the last year

i legitimately can't even remember, i have a library of something like 70 games on mine and the only thing there that i find interesting is layton vs wright

This happened to me. Turns out I could copy the theme extdata folder from my other micro sd that still worked and menuhax worked again. Idk if someone elses theme extdata would work on another 3DS, but I could upload it if you want?

THIS

>post yfw that one indian guy died

>al9h

Why do so many people forgo installing this? Makes life easier in the long run,

It wouldn't, that extdata is encrypted to the system it belongs to, unless you did something like used JK's save manager to import/export the data.
But that itself already requires a homebrew entrypoint, heck if it's system data it needs to be a .CIA installed version actually.

and hacking a 3DS prevents this because?

Damn. Nothing like that, good luck getting it back!

there werent any . Im sorry :(

>TFW 11 too dumb for hardmod and no friends with ds'

Dragon Quest 7 3ds, SMT 4 Apocalypse, new Ace Attorney. Don't know if you like any of those, but I do.