Tfw we'll never get a Deus Ex remake that's completely faithful to the original

>tfw we'll never get a Deus Ex remake that's completely faithful to the original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=54degO-D4qw
youtube.com/watch?v=qJegc9eEG8M
youtube.com/watch?v=nWWrBt6xlWA
youtube.com/watch?v=9P6mHqX1fYU
youtube.com/watch?v=hXHAW2Rn0_4
youtube.com/watch?v=ub4UWsHtyFs
youtube.com/watch?v=COwfIhvRtNw
youtube.com/watch?v=6OiVk3sTFtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHY CONTAIN IT?

>Wanting resources wasted on a game that we already played
I wish remaster and remakefags all stopped being a part of the video game industry

Deus Ex is one of the few games that could use a good remake.

>wanting a remake

It's fine as it is.

Why not? Look at Black Mesa or the System Shock remake. Genuinely good games that are getting a fresh coat of paint.

Thank god, Eidos has ruined this series.

Agreed, i love Dx it's one of my favorite games but i would love a remake. Imagine Dx with modern day graphics and no major gameplay changes.

How about an original new game that doesn't ride on the coat tails of the last one, you god damn faggot? NEW SHIT. NOT THE SAME OLD SHIT WITH A SLIGHTLY NEW COAT OF PAINT.

>Fresh coat of paint

A fresh coat of blurry, pixellated paint in System Shocks case.

>Lets remake a game to bring it up in graphical standards, but then wreck the graphics because that's how it used to look

Ion Storm ruined Deus Ex, Eidos resurrected it.

I'm imagining it. It's a waste of resources. Making the same game over again just for the sake of having better graphics. Fuck off.

the only thing black mesa improved was the graphics

they completely fucked up the enemy AI

it's objectively worse to play than the original

and the SS1 remake also looks like it's going to be a shittier dumbed down version for the bioshock crowd

There's nothing wrong with remakes, the problem is when it's abused.

>It's a waste of resources

I was actually thinking something along the lines of Black Mesa, not a full retail game.

Invisible War is still better than Human Revolution.

>just for the sake of having better graphics.

Literally nothing wrong with this

DX Remake is inevitable.

fuck off

This.

Once the story with Jensen finishes and they catch up to where Deus Ex 1 starts, they'll remake it. Easy money.

Any of you faggots still want to dub over the intro?

GMDX 9 releases in December though

>tfw I'll surely love the remake even more than the original

Just fill it with lore and love, that's all I need

I never played IW, Does it have a popular meme quote?

it can't be remade. you can't release a game with combat like that now, and you'd have to change to much if you changed the combat. it'd be like a reimagining and it would be garbage

>tfw bitter oldfags keep calling their hobby dead and nothing that comes out can make them happy but can never grow up enough to move on, so they pollute gaming for everyone else with their loathing.

youtube.com/watch?v=54degO-D4qw

I would love to know, but that game is so shit it can't run on any of my 4 PCs.
There's still no actual fix to the loading screen error

Fuck off, Ross.

>Thinking there will be anymore Deus Ex after how bad the last game sold.

Squeenix fucked it all up.

Back to your dick sucking duties, chamber boy.

I will NOT be silenced!

In some ways. But It's mostly worse

The System Shock remake is in fucking Unity.

>yfw your AI oneitis rejected you for JChad

Even though I really like the character interactions no it doesn't. Unless you count chamber boy.

The PS2 version is the closest you'll get.
youtube.com/watch?v=qJegc9eEG8M
I kinda wanna pick up a copy.

Don't. I had to play the ps2 version first but it's so much worse than the pc version. I do really like the new looking endings though

Can you explain how it's worse? If it matters, I don't mind playing games with a controller. I'm pretty much a consolefag.
Either way, I'd still buy it. It reminds me of the treatment Rayman 2 got with Rayman Revolution on PS2.

That's wrong though.
As you can see here : youtube.com/watch?v=nWWrBt6xlWA
The PS2 version actually has many improvements. If I could get a port of that version that would be neat.

That intro is ten times worse than the original.

Much worse loading which double sucks cause the areas are smaller too. Doesn't quite look as good. Feels more awkward to play. Really the only thing it has going for it are the bonus cgi scenes.

Wow, they really cut off a lot of the dialogue.

I don't get this obsession with remakes the original is fine as it is and if they remade it, they would fill it with garbage modern game design. If you can't deal with the 1999 graphics there is mods for that.

No it's not. The only thing wrong with it is the missing dialogue.

And?

They cut off the unnecessary bits, and the bits that spoiled later parts of the plot. It's actually objectively better, in terms of writing. There's just less of Cliff Stephens and Tom Hall to listen to.

>spoiled later parts of the plot

Wouldn't that just help raise more unanswered questions for the player starting out?

>objectively better
Absolutely disgusting. Horrible animation, even worse models, more than half the dialogue cut out, the scenery changed entirely...

How did they fuck up enemy AI?

The answers come as you play through. You discover the world as it comes to you, instead of having it hinted at first, only to be forgotten, during an intro scene.

>Horrible animation
Sure, by absolute standards, but no worse than the original. They even kept their somewhat-intricate lip synching.

>Even worst models
No.

>More than half the dialogue cut out
Not quite so much, but so much of it was either just so terribly blatant exposition that it deserved to be cut out, or revealed aspects of the game world the player had yet to discover, so removing it was a good choice.

>The scenery changed entirely
From standing in a place that was totally for the benefit of the camera to look "cool" and "deep", to standing somewhere that it made sense for them to stand, while giving an in-universe way to display what the player needed to know.

I can tell you that this must have been their reasoning, because it's apparent from the get-go that they were making improvements based on the way they understood the story should be told, framed, blocked, and shown.

So yeah, you're just grasping onto nostalgia. You can complain about the real technical issues that came about as a result to the jump to the PS2, but nothing you brought up couldn't be knocked right back down again.

How many more games do you think this guy will be in?

Can Adam Jensen be Walton Simons? (self.Deusex)

submitted 9 months ago by markolopapa

What a great plot twist it would be: When finally confronts him, Adam gets convinced by Bob Page, who leaves the Illuminati to join him and Megan in making a new world order. Jensen needs to change idenity and he also gets new augmentations by Page industries. He becomes Walton Simons and is offered the directorship of FEMA for he has quite a lot of experience, and "he can -fix- things".

13 commentsshare

Not that user, but Black Mesa AI just isn't as fun to fight as the HECU from the original. It was even worse in the mod version when they had millisecond reaction times, almost NEVER threw grenades, and basically just walked around shooting like the CP guys from HL2. The Steam version made them move around and throw grenades more. I'm sure under the hood the AI is unquestionably more advanced than in HL1, but that doesn't matter if they don't act in a way that feels cool.

All that said, I thought the Black Mesa soldiers were a decent challenge and I don't think it ruined the game or anything. But it's just so much more fun to fight the guys in HL1 and watch them run around and do things.

youtube.com/watch?v=9P6mHqX1fYU

It's already out.

youtube.com/watch?v=hXHAW2Rn0_4

I think this is going to make me install Deus Ex again.

>no worse than the original
Are you shitting me?
>even worse models
Absolutely, they fucked up Simons's mouth, which is made extremely apparent.
>removing it was a good choice
Except it doesn't reveal aspects of the game world, as you say. The words are so intentionally vague that you don't know what they're talking about until you actually encounter it yourself in the game world, at which point it all clicks and it feels satisfying.
>from standing in a place that was totally for the benefit of the camera to look "cool" and "deep" to standing somewhere that it made sense for them to stand
... You mean, from a location that told a story and set the mood of the game's plot through visuals and was interesting enough to hook someone on the game instantly to a bland and dark room with no life whatsoever for "muh realism?"
>you're just grasping onto nostalgia
And you're grasping onto straws, since the first time I ever played Deus Ex was 2014.

OH YES

they're a bunch of old men

Just recently beat the game for the very first time.
What are some mandatory mods to play?

Also one question that I didn't understand or just plain missed when playing: When, why and how did aliens get involved in the end?

Speaking of GMDX, I have it installed. Right now, I'm in Hell's Kitchen and I just got the Aqualung/Environmental Resistance aug. Should I install Aqualung or Environmental Resistance?

For reference, I am doing a combat run. Athletics is Trained and Environmental Training is Untrained.

he's too old to be simons

I've made a start here but it's going a bit slow.

No shit, son. It wouldn't be a remake unless they made something different.

Agreed

People don't seem that understanding Deus Ex is understanding that what makes it 100% classic masterpiece is that:

The controls! The controls are so fucking easy and fun to just play it! Jumping is good, everything happens whay you want it to! Thats' why you like it, not because it's just good!

Human Revolution and Mankind Dividing? LOL they so messed up! It had bad controls! You can't even duck without having third person! LOL what a gay game! They fucked up! Why would I sit down and play with clicking to duck and going third person? Thats not fun dude. Get a better game making skill for ya, and maybe I'll play your game, noob... lol. Fucking gay! Ain't too fun now is that?

Well guess what, Deus Ex 1 is fun because you're in first person, jumping feels good, everything is easy to menu scroll, and when you win you know you controlled well. Everything is fast, easy and fun to run around. Lets be honest, Human Revolution and Mankind are not fun because you are not a high controlled guy, you have to make the controls faster and more responsible for you to sit down and play more easily...

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Also, get real! Does this guy look COOL? Hell no! He looks like a faggot! They messed up on him! Ew, what a fag! He looks gay! His face is stupid, I always hate this new guy! How did they do this to Deus Ex? Deus Ex used to be about cool guys, then they turned him into gay, nerdy faggot. What severe problem they have made here. That is why this game is not loved. This gay faggot of a character, why did they do this to the game we like? This is ruining. A complete disaster! What an ugly little bitch this character is! Whose deranged idea was this? They failed!

Has anyone here seen Bobbin Threadbare's playthrough of Deus Ex?

This. Honestly you're a retard if you think there should be a remake.

Why did their gay game designers make such an ugly, unlikable faggot of a character? Why do you want to look at this douchebag all the time! These game makers must be total fags! This game is a mistake. Let us be honest: they failed. We have tried for so long to accept these games, yet they are not good! They look stupid! This character is unlikable and ugly, and looks like a very poor idea indeed.

Very compared to Deus Ex first game, and that game is good. For this reason, we all can agree the follow up games are not Deus Ex, these games are Ubisoft deteriorating, and these games are failures. French Montreal nu-males ruined a American USA game and turned it into nu-male faggot game of French failure, and gave our great man a gay goatee of losers only, and thus have demolished our great USA game and turned it into Ubisoft gay fag failure tier. Oops! Fuck these corporate niggers!

pls answer

Environmental resistance. You're gonna be trudging through a lot of short-term radioactive spots, especially near endgame, and wherever you'll need to swim, you'll usually find a rebreather.

Where is the joke Dobson?

You said there would be jokes.

Sweet, thanks famiglia.
I remember it being the other way around in vanilla, where you'd almost never find a Rebreather where you needed to swim and you'd always find a Hazard Suit where you needed to go through radiation. Guess that's changed.

The new Deus Ex games are a nu-males idea of what a stealthy, awesome secret agent should be appearing like. All fancy and dressed up in nu-male accessories, looks like a homo and has lots of "gear" - AKA straps and chains on his bod. What a cuck! Why has this taken place to a great American secret CIA guy? The original Deus Ex was so legit and made you feel like a cool, smart secret agent really working on the underbelly of society and doing all kinds of weird shit.

New games feel like you're a lame ass nu-male body scout bitch boy trying to get boy pussy LARPing as Neo from the Matrix in some French faggot's imagination, instead of an American secret agent doing busy work in a system gone hog wild. These new developers have ruined game. It is no longer about America, it has been turned into a stupid anti-American daydream cooked up by French losers who hate liberty and their weird and delusional fantasies about future.

Huge Man Evolution was a good game what are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=ub4UWsHtyFs

LOL gigacuck actually thinks nu-male agent simulator is a "good game"

Aight it did have a few good aspects though it didn't feel like a great secret agent just felt like French body-bois getting durrty in their larp fantasy of being Neo and dressing up as a bitch boy in secret rooms

I miss the "dark CIA conspiracy" feel of the old game, which is what made it so fucking awesome. The new games just lack that cool feel and seem to just all sanitized and so lame!

lol to be fair the games were pretty great in terms of the atmosphere and area, as well as character interactions and feel. I'm being way too hard on em.

Only problem is that the main character was a fag and they lacked any of the original atmosphere and the feeling of being in the CIA and on a secret conspiracy. Just felt like a nu-male fantasy of french losers.

You're talking about...heh...the Illuminati?

Not really. It's still more or less the same, but a Rebreather is just less annoying to carry around than a Hazard Suit, and there's only like three places in the game where you'll need the Rebreather. Just put a single point into swimming midway through Hong Kong, and you've basically won every swimming section.

>Nostalgia nerds will still focus on the fact that Human Revolution isn't as pretentious as Deus Ex was

Deus Ex wasn't pretentious, you false-flagger.

Just another GumbyGoofer who thinks he's entitled to a non-Unity game because Unity games have that "amateurish clunky slapdash Unity feel", whatever that means.

Just make sure the game rejects violence and has some transPoCs and we're cool though. We'll give it an 8/10 and the gamerpiggies will eat the slop like the piggies they are. Oink!

It's the opposite really. Deus Ex was a mostly silly game with some thought provoking stuff thrown in while HR was a pretentious game taking itself too seriously.

>not pretentious
See this:
youtube.com/watch?v=COwfIhvRtNw

versus this:
youtube.com/watch?v=6OiVk3sTFtg

One obviously doesn't take itself too seriously.

I am the buzzwords you are the buzzwords
WE ARE THE BUZZWORDS
COO COO KACHO

What the hell is it with this fixation that you have to sarcastically dismiss plot information in dialogue like that when it's still being taken completely seriously by the plot?

Also, how is the former "pretentious"? It's the protagonist and an AI debating the value and validity of celebrity and higher powers without explicitly stating either side to be in the right. Moments like that are when Deus Ex really manages to shine.

>Beatles reference
Neck yourself.

Think he's directly referencing the 3rd Cred Forums Musical cover of it.

I personally want 1 more but i'd expect Eidos and Squeenix would prefer to squeeze in 2 more until they have to reach the original game's timeframe

why contain it

What needs to be changed that we don't already have a mod for

>that Morpheus scene
>pretentious

I don't see how it can be pretentious if it's completely optional and not forced onto you to experience unlike the Human Revolution cutscene.

Why is the conversation score in the labs so fucking based? HR doesn't have a single track that stands up to even that, and it's not even the best piece in Deus Ex.