ITT: Games you can put lots of hours into. (400+ hours)

ITT: Games you can put lots of hours into. (400+ hours)

Binding of isaac rebirth

Rocket league (500+)
PSO (1000+)
Monster Hunter (1000+)

garrys mod is dead now, but i put hundreds of hours into it and still sometimes go online to bhop when im feeling down.

Grim Dawn.

Skyrim
Civ5
Anno games
Valve games
Grand strategy games

Crusader Kangz, Morrowind and Oblivion

Also Warband

dude, can you help me understand how to play CKII?

I've really really tried, put about 7 hours in or so. It's fun, yet I get to a point where I just have no fucking idea what to do. I have no idea how anyone could play it that long. I've accomplished almost nothing and I have no fucking idea how to get good or have fun playing the game. It's pretty confusing even after I've figured out the basic mechanics, and I don't really know how to approach what I want to accomplish.

No Man's Sky

I have well over 1000 hours in Morrowind, and just short of 1000 in Lord of the Rings Online

>ck2
>game
it's autist headcanon simulator with optional incest and power fantasies

>. It's fun
>I have no fucking idea how to have fun
Make up your mind shitposter.

It's not that fun honestly. I don't get why people love it. The only way to actually get more land is like just planning out killing heirs and shit, marrying in, or going to battle. It starts to feel kind of lame honestly and trying to figure out how to kill people is a little old.

The thing that really makes it good is the character stuff, and the role playing aspect. It's fun when you imagine shit, though I'd say the actual gameplay of clicking through menus to find people to help you with your plots, figuring out who to kill, and making sense of the duchy system is a little lame.

To be honest, I think I'm a little too stupid. I still don't really get the whole thing with vassals, duchies, counts, and all the titles. Succession, etc. And how the game actually works in terms of who you play, how the game transfers players on to the next person if someone dies, and how to get your people to inherit land consistently. It's confusing as hell.

I also just find myself sometimes looking at the various menu options and just kind of not understand why they exist. It looks like it's really complex then you realize you can't actually do anything with stuff. For instance, the religion part... what the fuck can I actually do with it? Almost nothing.

I suspect the game opens up when you start to understand all the interacting aspects of the characters and stats, and that makes it way more interesting. It seems to take a long ass time though.

What do you not understand? One thing you should do though is to think not in terms of states/countries but in turns of people. When you look at France you shouldn't think of the country of France, but instead think about it as the KING that just happens to occupy the area that is France. Money is pretty much the only resource in the game, so get more money by upgrading holdings or getting more land and you're gud. Ultimately the game is a sandbox so if you're a literal zombie with no creativity in the slightest than this game isn't fun.

don't reply to shitposters unless they actually elaborate

Play Duke of Apulia in the 1066 start. The game basically plays itself, also you can remove kebab. Comfy as fuck

I did elaborate above

I just get confused honestly. I need to read more and try to just understand the basic mechanics. It feels a bit like learning a programming language though, and not so much a game. That's surely not the fault of the game, I'm too lazy too stupid to learn. I'll get to it.

Let's not pretend it's simple though, I mean you guys had to have spent some time really reading up on the whole succession system and the language of duchies etc to understand it, right? It's not something you just pick up and play, right?

Read a history book you public schooled nigger.

>cucking your rivals/enemies isn't fun
>cucking your son/dad/cousin/brother isn't fun
>crusading because god wills it isn't fun
>seducing arab bitches and bleaching them isn't fun

kill yourself my nigga

I've put well over 17,000 hours into maplestory.
I have about 3000 in warband, just over 1000 in terraria, a couple hundred in minecraft, then about 90 hours in various surfing/obstacle course/challenge maps in CS:S.

It's fucking lame, but I went and watched a youtube tutorial for about two hours which really ended up helping me out. Make sure to start with a small land holding which is kind of isolated as well to get a hang of things. Early start Scotland tends to be good for this.

>For instance, the religion part... what the fuck can I actually do with it? Almost nothing.
>he isn't on one big, permanent crusade/jihad to grab more lands
Only yourself to blame

at about 70 hours this has roughly been my experience too. I'm trying to find some further purpose. it makes sense that all you'd be doing is growing as large as you can though, I imagine that's what a noble did at the time and it's the only way to create any kind of stability for yourself and your family

terrifying fucking society that must have been.

I already said why it's 'fun' because autists can simulate their headcanon/power fantasies about being this huge hung viking raider who becomes famous and cucks their liege and steals french princess for himself etc.

The game really becomes fun when you stop trying to hoplessly trying to control everything and just roll with what you get, for example people trying to prevent gavelkind inheritance any way they can including savescumming, or killing off undesirable tanists and bunch of other stuff, actual expansion of your realm beyond kingdom is boring for e personally, rather i try to infest all other bloodlines with my spawns.

Same with relgiion for example, unless you invest thousands and/or have huge realm to get your cardinals in it's pointless unless you're pagan/zoroastrian/jew.

EU4 > CK2

That's not really the kind of power fantasy the true gs autists have, user

>succesion system
what's there to read up on? It literally tells ou who inherits under the system and what laws you need to have in order to enact your desired inheritance system.

Same with duchies/kingdoms etc. you get a claim either via conspiring/advisor or inheritance and vassals and you press it.

Halo 3 (2000 hours)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1500 hours)
Modern Warfare 2 (1500 hours)
Magic Duels (600 hours)
Fallout: New Vegas (500 hours)

This is exactly how I got into X3, ended up putting like 500 hours into that.

>Let's not pretend it's simple though, I mean you guys had to have spent some time really reading up on the whole succession system and the language of duchies etc to understand it, right?
Thefuck you talking about?

I already knew how succession in the middle ages worked before I played the game, and the game has tooltips that told me more about them.

language of duchies? what the hell does that even mean?

I started on Deus Vult, like 10 ears ago. When I was 16. Which was slightly simpler than the modern game with all the DLC. You as an actual adult should have no problems with the game. I'm not even a native English speaker and I understood the whole game.

I don't know what the fuck you are even doing by assassinating heirs and shit. What the hell? I don't even use plots. All I do is fabricate a claim on the land I want and then attack the fucker that owns it till I form an Empire. assassinations and plots are special cases.

Actual GS autists don't play CK2 though, they focus on making nazi grossgermaniums.

I played one VN for way over 400h but I won't post which one to avoid spoilers.
Shinobido on PS2 also took a lot of my time.

Yes, thanks for explaining my post.
Also,
>Nazi
Grosswilhelminiums is best

Compared to actual medieval politics, it is simple and some of the mechanics in place like defensive pacts are retarded and ahistorical. For Duchies/kingdoms DE FACTO and DE JURE and the main things that are nice to know, but not completely important. Think de jure as Theoretical, and de facto as reality. The de jure land of a duchy is the land it should theoretically hold. For example, if you are the Duke of Dicks, and you hold all of the Lands of Dicks, than you are both the De jure and De Facto ruler of the Lands of Dicks. However, if the Duke of Assholes hold part of the Land of Dicks, he is de facto ruler of that part of dick land while you are still the de jure ruler of the whole of dickland. The laws of duke asshole would apply to the part of dickland he holds, but if you were to take it back than that part would than be under your laws. For Succession all you need to know is primogeneture is your oldest child. elective monarch is whoever is related to the ruler or a lord under that ruler/

Managing like 30 things at the same time is cumbersome. Moving around the map isn't streamlined. When I have armies in different territories and like 100 things going on at once, it gets COOL - the problem is that navigating the fucking system is cumbersome. I understand it's my fault for the most part. However, this is the company that made Stellaris which had this horrible map interface so I don't know if it's exactly entirely my fault.

OK. Making titles for instance, I really don't understand how that works. It just looks like a bunch of confusing stuff at a certain point where I have no idea what to make of it. How do I know which one of my children is going to randomly be chosen to be the next heir? What is deciding that? What the hell is the point of pressing a weak claim? Why would I transfer vassalage? Why the fuck won't people join my plots? Why does it sometimes randomly just show nobody in my court and I can't get anyone to come to my fucking court? Why would it include all these people that won't come to my court and why can't I just filter to the ones that will automatically? Why isn't it easier to just move to the part of the map where a military is without having to go through a bunch of steps ?

Clicking through all kinds of shit - which is the bulk of what you do to make things happen - has to be easy to do. It's largely my fault because I don't know what I'm doing, however even if I did I do think it would feel like a chore to sort through all that information to find the right people to kill since clicking over and over again in the repetitive way to find out about the heirs and shit just feel random and haphazard.

I've had fun with the game, don't get me wrong. These are my criticisms. Once I understand the duchy system, succession system, and whether these things are just my fault or not, then I'll be able to understand whether my experience with the game is on my end, or if my criticisms are at all legitimate.

>not going back in time 1200 years to forge your grossreich beginning in medieval times

untermensch pls

>cumbersome
No its not.

Stellaris is a piece of shit. Loved how much love they put into the game but the game plays like trash.

True untermensch detected. CK2 is all about reforming the Roman Empire as either a Norman or German of course

This is my experience. It's way more strategic and I feel like I'm learning about strategy and shit.

CK2 is actually pretty great on a personality level, and VERY interesting with the stats and stuff for the different personalities. I agree with this in that I've had the most fun when I stop trying to win and just say "fuck it" and let the story line play out as it will. Instead of just trying to control destiny.

I make it more fun by naming all the characters after people in my life, whether close or distant. It makes it hilarious to me. The one time I got pissed was when I actually beat this little bitch in a war who I had actually given birth to... in my own lineage... and I had the chance to imprison him. I MORONICALLY skipped it and though I could end the war and get my demands enforced and then still throw him in prison, but I fucked up and then realized I couldn't imprison him and execute him. So after the war ended, I got all pissed and tried to reload another save to try again. Only to find that the faggot just basically surrendered early this time due to the randomness element.

Anyway, I do like my new King. His name is Loopor. He's a fucking beast. Genetic masterpiece basically, except for some reason everyone hates him and I can't get anyone to my court. He's like a God, almost. A true monarch for the ages. A product of the genes that I created in my OG character through the lines, he makes almost all my other people look like complete faggots. A legend, really. Except due to mismanagement and incompetence he lost his power to these faggots and traitors who were siblings, and due to my inability to grasp the succession system as well as which players I actually get to control, things got out of hand and all my hard earned work was pissed away, so I started over.

I don't really understand how it decides who you play as. I thought anyone who was in my blood family from the start was playable, then I found that wasn't the case.

I have heard of this game like 5 times, and every time I do I'm just like "that is the perfect game for me." But I don't hear that much hype about it elsewhere. Seems like a real niche title or something... why isn't it more well loved around here?

I literally got in these games to larp as Germany

aight if yous so smart how bout yous splain 2 me how taxation between the tiers of vassalization works??

>OK. Making titles for instance, I really don't understand how that works
Click De Jure map, it tells you what land you need to own to get a title.

>ow do I know which one of my children is going to randomly be chosen to be the next heir?
Go to the Heir tab? Its literally right there with a picture an all.

>hat is deciding that?
your laws what the fuck else

>hat the hell is the point of pressing a weak claim?
So you don't lose it after you die.

>hy would I transfer vassalage?
I don't know, why the fuck would you?

>Why the fuck won't people join my plots?
If I start a plot to murder your mother, would you join? No you wouldn't because you like your mother more than you like my idea of murdering her.

>hy does it sometimes randomly just show nobody in my court and I can't get anyone to come to my fucking court?
Why can't you? You can literally add an infinite amount of courtiers to your court by calling more of them in the intrigue menu.

>hy would it include all these people that won't come to my court and why can't I just filter to the ones that will automatically?
Oh, are you talking again about your shitty plots? Just click the fucking box to let the game automatically ask people to join you. You don't have to manually ask them, you know this don't you?

>hy isn't it easier to just move to the part of the map where a military is without having to go through a bunch of steps ?
Why don't you know where you sent your military in the first place?

If I'm in france, and I'm attacking Italy. I think I would be aware of where I sent my fucking army to.

I think you have brain damage.

>How do I know which one of my children is going to randomly be chosen to be the next heir?
It literally says that in your inheritance rules if you hover over each tooltip plus it shows this huge crown next to the inheritors portrait

>What is deciding that?
Your inheritance laws

>What the hell is the point of pressing a weak claim?
So you get more land?

>Why would I transfer vassalage?
You are either over vassal limit or want to get rid of the negative modifier if you have a de jure vassal of somebody under you.

>Why the fuck won't people join my plots?
They don't like you/like the target of plot too much

>Why does it sometimes randomly just show nobody in my court and I can't get anyone to come to my fucking court?
You can literally generate random people for court, and if you can't invite them then just hover over the tooltip to get the reason why not, usually it's because they're a child/married to somebody in position of said court and/or don't like you enough/like their liege too much to come to your court.

>Why would it include all these people that won't come to my court and why can't I just filter to the ones that will automatically?
Paradox is shit

>Why isn't it easier to just move to the part of the map where a military is without having to go through a bunch of steps ?
what

Most of your complains are solved by literally just reading the tooltips, the rest is just paradox being shit.

>If I'm in france, and I'm attacking Italy. I think I would be aware of where I sent my fucking army to.
To be fair to him, it can get pretty messy, especially during a war with many participants, like a great holy war

>Layman's
The more they like you, the more they pay you. This can be increase or decreased base off of events, buildings, the vassal in question stewardship, your stewardship, the vassal in question holdings, and their title.

Great Holy wars are the best. I don't think he even knows how to wage holy wars though.

>my face when asking everyone to join me while the muslims ask everyone to join them
>medieval world war inbound for a tiny piece of land in Africa that no one cares about
Deus Vult!

If you aren't constantly looking at where your fielded army is you are literally asking to lose. Enjoy being ambushed by doom stocks.

>tfw the fatimid sultan declares a Jihad on me for fucking africa
>the HREmperor gets in and casually sends like 50000 men

I wish my fellow church goers cared as much about fending off jihad as they do carrying out the Vult of Deus. it seems a rather unnecessary game of ping pong over the holy land when a side only rallys for the attack, not the defense

Your troops are green
allied troops are blue
enemy troops are red
unrelated troops that belong to somebody else are grey

On top of that each army carries the banner/CoA of their lord/realm.
If you stack them up the biggest one is shown on map.

If you are still fucking confused there's literally a slide-out window on right which shows where each army is stationed, their size, leader and composition.

that's literally it.

Source engine games and mods

Just like history.

>your men, and possibly yourself die trying to defend territory nobody outside of church really cares about and being remembered as fuckup if you lose (whih is likely because defending a remote piece of land where nobody really wants you is hard)

or

>going on long-ass pilgrimage where you slay heathens and take rightful clay back thanks to which you will be known as righteous christian even though you spent your time pillaging and raping and hoarding gold

gee, what a hard choice

>trying to create a Jewish Israel

Is the persian recreation easier? Cause this shit is hard.

With /a3g/ back in 2014 and 2015, and now United Operation & Cooler Server in 2016.

501 hours in M&B warband but I would add a hundred or more since I played it before I bought it on steam.

400 hours on Civ 5

320 hours on Xcom2
Around the same for Xcom1

Impress with the RO2/RS hours.

With mods of course

>jewish israel
it's hard because it should never be a fucking thing, unlike persian persia free of islamic filth.

>jewish Israel
>when you can have the Kingdom of Jerusalem
What are you, a faggot?

>7 hours

You'll start to have fun after 100 hours

>have a stack of 500 troops.
>decide to join the crusades with it
>somehow my contribution was the highest and the pope awards me Jerusalem.

Surprise, I lost it 10 years later.

I have 400h in Football Manager 2016 and this is my shortest FM playtime yet

>manage to be the first one in every battle
>my war contribution is through the roof, despite the HRE, France and Venice doing most of the actual wetwork
Always nice

Mostly mods.

>which you will be known as righteous christian even though you spent your time pillaging and raping and hoarding gold
Best time period

fucking neo/v/

scuse me?

>playing football games unironically
You are a disgrace to this board, and this board is pretty shit by itself already.

>stop playing video games that I don't like
you are the very image of the pimpled newfag tourist who has been infesting this board post-2009

Tough luck neo-shitter. I'm here since chanology.

sure you are, child. Keep getting mad at others playing video games tho

No problem cancerous scumbag.

I want to try the HIP's mod but they remove India to add more African filth. What the fuck were they thinking?

Can't wait for china to come out already so HiP dies.