Why is Nintendo so incapable of adapting good 2D designs into 3D models?

Why is Nintendo so incapable of adapting good 2D designs into 3D models?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/a-look-back-on-the-history-of-two-anime-veterans-at-nintendo/
imgur.com/a/oAzLN#15
youtube.com/watch?v=RBqpzcLtHrw
youtube.com/watch?v=6kZmxcVSoDk
youtube.com/watch?v=3FfGT1QbSEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDS73vkZXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are you such a faggot?

Imagine the 3D models having outlines like the 2D ones.

Picture unrelated.

It's the new artstyle they have opted for. Soulless play doh graphics

Can you do it?

The 3D Models are great though. However, the art that 3D Land and 3D World used is also great.

If you want incapable of transferring art to models, look no further than Soulcalibur.

I don't see a problem with them

Why is Nintendo so incapable of not making Yoshi look like a gay dinosaur in 3D?

Are you saying it's impossible, because it is possible for models to have outlines

t. person who has never designed anything in his life

They did that on the 3DS puzzle quest game.

3 of theses 2D designs are outdated and old, including Yoshi's one.

Yoshi is the only one that gets worse

Aren't these pre rendered?

All of those drawings are from 2015, but the colors look off.

Except Yoshi, that's old, but to be fair his modern design cane from their inability to render the classic design, so it's fair to compare them imo.

Fuck the outlines, the anatomy is fucking different.

But OP is comparing a MODERN 3D design to a 2D OLD design. If he were going to do that, he might as well compare old 2D Mario design to 3D modern Mario design.

Looks fucking fine to me, you stupid faggot.

>Shantaefag telling anyone to kill himself

All but Yoshi looks fine to me.
I don't know if you know this, but 3D has to play by the basic rules of space, while 2D can cheat and do impossible things. This is why 3D will never look quite like 2D.

I want to fuck Shantae in the mouth.

That's a Miyamoto drawing, the OP uses all Yoichi Kabate, and the first 3 drawings aren't old. It's irrelevent how old they are anyway, given the topic at hand.

Haha

I want to be Shantae

>tfw we'll never have a 2D mario game with high resolution black outlined sprites with unique characters and worlds

Me too, and I would transform into a succubus and rape Risky

But you just showed a picture of decent 3D adaptations of decent 2D designs.

/r/ the shitty photoshopped barefoot Yoshi model

I'm not gay, I just thought it was funny.

haha

>3D Bowser's face, shell, and color shceme
>3D Peach's face
>3D Yoshi's everything
They fucked up, but it's excusable because they weren't experienced with 3D when they first made the modern 3D designs. I think it's about time they fixed them, I mean they fixed Mario by making his proportions more in line with the old games.

M&L must think so too, Bowser in Paper Jam looks way more like his 2D design compared to his sprite in Dream Team.

That's hot

That looks so much better. Why can't they translate his cheeks and eyes in 3D?

No user, you gotta draw the ball nose.

They did, but only in Super Mario 64

HAHA

It is pretty impressive how souless mario tends to look in 3D

Which is so weird since 64 had a definite aesthetic charm to it

We did, it was called Wario Land: Shake it.

I didn't even see it until now, but it really is a fucking bowling ball.

I like Mario's recent look. From Mario Maker and onward, they're definitely injecting some life into his 3D representation. The devil is really in the details.

Mario's character designs is pretty god damn awful and soulless in 3D, I must admit.

They look like plastic toys with bobble heads. Their 64 designs were great. The girls (Daisy and Peach) had good head-to-body ratios and human looking features, the boys didn't look too cartoony/ugly, and the enemies looked intimidating
The only one who that translates better to 3D than to 2D is Pauline and Rosalina. But that's because they use normal proportions for them

Well, it's not as if they can't do 3D Mario right while still staying completely faithful to the 2D designs, they just don't, since they want to rehash the gamecube designs for all eternity to keep things consistent.

This is a cheap, shitty fucking figure with lots of inaccuracies, but even so it managed to get 2D Bowser's face in 3D about right, while Nintendo's from GCN onward is too bubbly, the spheres it's made up of too defined.

Either way 3d mario needs a new designer and new artstyle.

I need to see Daisy looking like her cute adolescent-looking 2D design instead of looking like a big headed pasty aunt

Exactly. Why the fuck do they keep rehasing those godawful Gamecube designs?

i just dont see why they want to keep those big ass heads and that annoying plastic toy feel to the characters. It makes them look vastly unappealing and corny

I agree, he looked iffy in Sunshine and Galaxy but I'm staring to like his new renders. The OP characters really need a revamp too, a bigger one than Mario got.

see

Peach looks great now. I guess you could be persnickety like the other user and ask that they make Bowser's face less bubbly or whatever. But I'm fine with his current look as well.

>but even so it managed to get 2D Bowser's face in 3D about right
>theses eyes
>horns are more angled to up than diagonal
>almost looks likes he's bald

Its just that good lighting and angle
Her models still look goofy
Even Rosalina's model is starting to look goofy

I don't have much of an issue against the Gamecube era designs because it really depends on how they go about it. Pic related is a bit of artwork similar to Bowser's Super Mario Bros 3 Artwork using his modern design and it makes the design work.
One of the reasons I like Star Rush and the 3D series is that they have more 2D artwork, since we don't really get that as much these days

Keep in mind Paper Jam's perspective is more "on-level" compared to Dream Team which was more overhead. As a result, the field sprites and battle sprites look much closer.

Her nose looks weird and she needs to be a strawberry blonde, but other than that she's not bad. Bowser's 3D face and modern color scheme look worse to me. Not necessarily bad, just worse.

It's the jaw.
In the drawing in OP's pic and that shitty toy Koopa's jaw is much larger than the rest of his head. It's more proportional to the rest of his body in OP's 3D model.

wendy a cute

And his face doesn't jut out quite as much, his mouth is bigger, and his nose os smaller. 3D looks like he was stung by hornets.

Super Mario World's artwork for comparison

who does the art for the mario games? i never realized how much i liked this artstyle before

Filename of the OP.

Eh, I think you guys are too caught up with the 2D designs. I'm getting some Dobson vibes right now. Next thing you'll tell me, is "Daisy needs her tan back".

why did they change her beautiful golden hair to that piss yellow blonde?

But Daisy's 2d design properly translated into a 3d render with her tan would be god tier

Is Yoshi is the lewdest Nintendo character?

>2D Daisy
>Tan
I hope you're joking.

More artwork.

You didnt reply to my post but that's ok user
No, I specifically said Daisy's 2D design being properly translated into a 3D render while having a tan would be god tier

This is my favorite art of Mario. Does anyone know what game this is from?

Camelot's Waluigi is far superior
If only he looked like this in his 3d mdoels

To be honest, Peach is the only one who looks bad in 3D artwork. The rest are fine.

Captures the eerieness of the character perfectly
Yoichi Kabate draws him too goofy

Yoichi Kotabe
nintendoeverything.com/a-look-back-on-the-history-of-two-anime-veterans-at-nintendo/

Rosalina stole classic Peach's strawberry blonde hair AND face. Goddamn

Oops, I meant to reply to you. dunno how I fucked that up.

Tan Daisy is the worst. her tan skin is enough to ruin her color palette. Then they also stick that disgusting purple crown on her head. And that ugly dress she looks like she got from goodwill.

Current daisy is best daisy.

>strawberry blonde

The faggiest way of admitting you like gingers.

Possibly none of them. Some of them were made either for some exclusive event or just for fun.

Classic Daisy is best Daisy. I also really liked classic Peach and Daisy's more simple dresses.

She's completely pointless and irrelevant without Sarasaland. It's like Bowser without the koopa clan. She should at least take some of Sarasaland with her when she show up in spin-offs, like a few non-zombified Pionpi or something.

that is one blazed parakoopa.

He looks like he just saw a ghost.

BOWSER'S BODY IS NOT YELLOW

Fuck you, Larry and Bowser a cute.

Strawberry blonde isn't quite ginger. Does this look ginger to you?

>Bowser frequently browses Youtube and niconico
No wonder the comments are so poor

Nigga,
current Daisy is completely BTFO'd by Rosalina and Peach. A brown haired frumpy looking irish chick can't compete with two blonde hair aryan goddesses. That's why it looks better when daisy fills the tan niche, she comes off as unique, exotic, and sensual rolled into one and all you need to do is turn that crown pink and make her skin dark. Right now she just comes off as a boring plain girl that gets overlooked by her more attractive counterparts

I bet if daisy kept her tan and her pink crown she would be more popular than now because delicious brown sticks out more than "average looking brown haired white chick"

and thats a fact

Now you know where that one image is from.

Bowser's Spikes Are NOT TAN!!!

Classic Daisy gets fugged by Mario so yeah shes automatically better

Damn classic peach and classic daisy were beauties

theyre so ugly now

Duh but 2D Larry is so much cuter.

Also isn't it kinda weird how the Koopalings don't have lumpy as fuck faces and segmented shells like modern Bowser? Must be because they were adapted to 3D much later.

>exotic
>exotic
>exotic
>exotic
>exotic
How is having brown skin fucking EXOTIC? Do you come from an all white town or something? Having a tan doesn't make you any more sensual either. Only someone with some weird foreign girl fetish would think having brown skin is exotic and sensual.

KYS

It's definitely exotic if a tan is paired with auburn hair and sapphire eyes, yeah
It's extra exotic and sexy in a series like mario with main girls like rosalina or peach

i bet youre that retarded brown paki memoryman3

fuck yku nigger

We interrupt this artwork dump to bring you something I found while looking for something else.

Dunno why they dropped Mario/Daisy and Luigi/Peach in the 90's in favor of switching it up. That "Oh! Daisy" shit and that music that played made it seem like there was something more between them.

ok tell me how modern daisy is better
she looks like a plain white woman you see in midwestern towns who dresses in dumpy and frumpy clothing

The only problem is that they are lowpoly as fuck.

>Luigi/Peach
I don't think that was ever a thing.

>Google memoryman3
>It's a reddit user
Please feel free to return to reddit any any time. Would be a lot better off if 14 year old ClassicMarioFans wasn't littering the board with their shitty opinions.

Yes, brown skin with auburn hair and "sapphire" eyes(just say blue, nigga) is unique. But it's not exotic. Merely having brown skin doesn't make one exotic, unless your perspective on the world is essentially all white people all the time. In which case, I understand how you might have gotten the idea that it was exotic. But it's not.

>Luigi/Peach
sauce?

But yeah, there was definitely a romantic relationship between Mario and Daisy
There was even outside vidya material of the two together
Let me find it

It was hinted at in SMBtLL's ending where she covers Luigi's whole face with kisses instead of an innocent peck on the cheek like she gives Mario, and in SMB3's artwork where he holds her hand and looks out for her while Mario is flying around having fun.

She's better, because she doesn't look like a tumblr donutsteele. Better a plain face, than a plain face with a bad color palette and chintzy dress.

Fucking Cred Forums is shit tonight. Can't upload the image I want.

Oh wait I was wrong, she kisses them both all over the face in tLL. I guess Luigi/Peach probably wasn't a thing.

She only has a plain face now because of her oversized head and her awful hairstyle
Tumblr? wtf? Because she has brown skin makes her a tumblr? Youre a fucking IDIOT
Exotic is rarity, isn't it? There's not too many girls (or character designs) with fucking brown skin/auburn hair/blue eyes
It works better with yellow because its a WARM color. This is not even an opinion its just common sense if you like complimentary colors and fitting color schemes

Alright, the pictures are pretty big so I'm just gonna link the imgur album with the comic of the intro to Super Mario World. Peach is abducted by a tentacle

Peach did look better back in the 64 era, I'll give you that.

There was this of Daisy and Mario but there's also another one I cant find
fuck

>Forgets link
imgur.com/a/oAzLN#15

not related but heres a big Daisy and a big Wario

I like all of those except for bowser.
N64 era bowser was the best. I don't understand why they kept making his snout more and more bulbous.

this pic i was talking about had a sml board released by nintendo with mario and daisy together in the circle
goodluck to anyone who finds it

He IS goofy. Stop injecting your personal headcanon.

Nintendo characters are translated extremely well

They are one of the only good "redesigns"

>Does this look ginger to you?

No. It doesn't. It looks blonde. Just because it's not as pale as platinum blonde doesn't make it not blonde. Strawberry blonde is something gingers made up to feel less bad about being ginger.

The image you posted she is blonde, and the shading is darker blonde with a touch of red because that's how you shade well, by adding a touch of red to the base colour to darken it. It doesn't mean her hair is literally blonde with a red gradient in it. It's shading.

Also original peach was a total ginger.

Man, the edutainment games are weird.

Agreed, but I don't really care about how tan she is or isn't. I would prefer her old face and her old dress, and if her crown was red instead of gold or magenta, and her daisies were red instead of blue.

Nah pham, his 64 self had a perfect mix of creepiness and silliness. As you can tell by Camelot's official artwork he was intended to have a menacing side. Even his recently released official JP bio describes him as "cunning" and "twisted".
He's supposed to be hostile , kind of scary, and funny at the same time. Now he's just funny and really silly
Even charles martinet says he prefers not to focus on those character traits of his, so....

>Exotic is rarity, isn't it
Exotic means foreign. Tan skin among the Mario crew, would be unique. But not foreign.
Brown skin with auburn hair looks bad because the values are flat. And then that weird purple crown color is about the same value as the hair, and completely unmatching to everything else. Brown skin isn't necessarily a warmer color than white skin. Because white skin still ranges between red and yellow. And having white skin doesn't mean you're pale and colorless.

The reason I say it's tumblr, is because there was no good reason to turn her skin brown. She was white originally, then got brown washed. And for the worse. I mean, there are attractive brown girls. But tan daisy isn't one. So she's just an ambiguous shade of brown for diversity sake.

that's fucking terrifying

Thank you. It's strawberry blonde, not straight blonde like Rosalina or plain yellow like 3D Peach.

I seriously expected that Koopa's head to either be broken clean off or smashed in, like a bad Newgrounds parody.

One last thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=RBqpzcLtHrw
youtube.com/watch?v=6kZmxcVSoDk
youtube.com/watch?v=3FfGT1QbSEQ

>It's a "Japan gets the best commercials" episode

for yoshi OP should've used the art from Yoshi's Island

>Brown is Exotic.

It's certainly foreign.
She never had a purple crown, that right there tells me something is off with your color perception.
The tan skin-auburn hair-pink crown combination is very attractive, very warm, and gives off a sensual and tropical vibe that directly contrasts with Peach's cooler colors.
She was always a little darker than Peach. How do you explain her becoming whiter than Peach in the Gamecube era?
Her fucking country, is comprised of Caribbean, Atlantic, Middle Eastern, and East Asian elements, a lot of them being subtropical or warm climates, her old design makes a WHOLE lot of sense and I will argue you down until you admit im right

>Thank you. It's strawberry blonde, not straight blonde

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, eh chief?

Straight blonde is the yellow though. Almost like pasta. Rosalina is platinum.

I don't see how brown Daisy wasn't cute. She was VERY cute.
Even Pauline looks more "exotic" than the other girls and she'snot evenbrown. Its just the color combination and the vibe of the character

Her old hair was definitely blonde with a reddish tint. Sometimes it would be more golden (yellow with orange base). That was WAY more attractive than her current hair color

Her face is technically the same she just has an oversized head now

I've tested my color perception before. I have perfect color perception.

That's pink boss, rose-colored
Not purple
Purple is Wario or Waluigi
youre just a dumb fool

And this is classic Daisy. Note the white skin. Also note the red hair. Everyone forgets about that for some reason. Daisy used to be a red head.

I mistakenly called magenta purple. I meant to say magenta originally. I tend to get those names confused.

They should just make them cel-shaded

This is ginger, not red, again you suck ass
Her 64 design referenced her ginger hair, giving her auburn hair an orange shine

Magenta? No, it was straight up rose-colored to fit with her floral theme.

Her skin is white yes, but remember classic Peach had very fair skin and was even whiter than Daisy's skin color. How do you explain Peach's current skin tone getting pinkish and Daisy becoming very pasty all of a sudden during the gamecube era?

Face it, the brownish-orange pasty-skinned Daisy of the gamecube era is just significantly less appealing.

Anyway, Daisy's "official" classic design is her 64 one, that's why in the mario party ds game when they got reverted to their classic designs daisy had her 64 look back
and again, she was very cute, she had a round face (not a big SQUARE HEAD LIKE THE ONE NOW) and a small button nose

le soulless meme XD

the term "soulless" is used to fucking death on this board. Every time I see it it literally makes me nauseous. Just like the word "gimmick." Quick throwing these meme words out there when you clearly don't even know what the fuck they mean.

What are u talking about

That's from game and watch gallery 4

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDS73vkZXs

I played that game so much as a kid.

rosalinas face and head-to-body ratio largely resembles peach's classic design.even has the same hair color
so basically they keep daisy and peach with big heads but give rosalina a normal look. noice

I would kill for a hand-drawn side scroller Mario game like Rayman Origins.

2D game in this artstyle when???

First of all. Gingers are redheads with freckles. So no, she's not a ginger. But yes, she is a redhead.
Natural Redheads do not have stark red hair. Their hair is actually a shade of orange.

A lot of color palettes became cooler in the gamecube era, because Nintendo simple sucked at shading. They didn't get good until relatively recently. Current Daisy has much more color to her face than before. Regardless, When Daisy lost the tan, her skin was never dark than Mario's during the gamecube era. So if you're insinuating gamecube era daisy was supposed to be tan, then you also must assume that so was Mario.

As for official classic Daisy, you can't get any more "official" than how a character appears in their own game. All of the other appearances have been side games. And Classic Daisy was always meant to be fair skinned.

Magenta is a purple-red color. Which is what her crown is.

I chose to ignore most of your post, it was pretty pedantic.

This

He used it accurately though. Updating and reusing the same models over and over for 16 years is pretty soulless. Like how Mario's sprites in TLL was soulless.

I would smell that seat after she's done watching tv.

Art from Mario Gold, where Daisy is again fair skinned and redheaded.

2D > 3D

The 2D art has been updated and reused for even longer.

Orange hair. Titian hair. The color is not red

Side games? So they don't exist then?

So are you saying because her artwork had her with white skin before her reintroduction into the series, her tan skin appearance didnt count?
Ok breh

You do realise by calling me a pedant you admit I'm right, yes?

Glad you admitted you ignored facts because you didn't like the way they were presented though. Very American of you.

They're usually drawn from scratch.

Interestingly this Daisy still looks different from the current Daisy.
Tan skin daisy with round face > current daisy with square block head
not sure why youre even arguing this

Are you the same guy im talking to?

No, the fact is she was a strawberry blonde in plenty of 2D artwork.

I agree. She used to have strawberry blonde hair
Not sure why bozo over here gets so triggered when you prefer the clearly more attractive, interesting aesthetics of the older mario characters

>reusing the same models over and over for 16 years

wrong!

Compare this to mario renders over the pas 16 years. It's improved and they don't reuse the same models. You're so full of shit. Like I said, the soulless meme needs to stop.

Daisy looks so cute in that one. Why does modern Daisy has to look like an ET?

My theory is they purposely made her more unattractive so she wouldnt look better than Peach

So? What is your point? They still look they same. We're not talking animation here. We're talking still, static artwork. They both get the job done. On top of that, there are lots of modern 3D renders that have quite a bit of """soul""" (whatever the fuck that means anymore).

>those skirts

She's a mega qt in her 2d artwork though. ive made better daisy renders that nintendo

these are the newest renders, right? Where did they come from?
Goddamn, you can see the fibers on his hat!

Show us then. We'll be the judge of that.

i just edited her face and proportions from the camelot model but ok den
ill post

No one calls orange hair "orange hair". Everyone calls orange hair "red hair". Why? I dunno. That's just how it is. No one has naturally red hair. If you see a girl with hair that fully red, then it's a dye job. All redhead = orange.

The side games count to a certain extent. But what I'm point out, is that despite your preconcieved notions of what she should look like, based on the regions her game presents, she was always meant to be fair skinned. Even in her initial reintroduction, she was fair skinned. She was given a tan for like a game or two, and then they immediately went back to her having fair skin. So you can't play the "she was meant to be tan" card. You can only play the "I want her to be tan" card.

Mario Party 10 is where that one came from. Most of the newer renders have more detail to them.

I wanna hug a Mario!

What are you talking about? She looks great there.

ARGH, I can't upload for some reason. Is it Cred Forums, or my connection?

Why are Mario's balls sticking out?

Current Daisy looks just fine. Better than ugly brown on brown on magenta daisy. You're living in the past. Seh had a long ugly period. But in most recent games, she looks fine.

You probably shouldn't use or comment on words if you're not sure what it means in whatever context.

Tanooki Suit

Those are some pretty red balls. What is this, one of those hentai series where the male's genitals are magically way darker than the rest of their skin?

You can see her face is wider here than it's every been. Bigger chin too, and cross eyed.

you should see his gloves now

Bruce Venture

Stop repeating yourself, you were heard the first few times.

that shit looks so comfy

She has a long ugly period in the games of 2003-2015, so you're right
Her chin is narrow and short as fuck and she doesnt have abig head, lmao you are RETARDED
Yet camelot released their official artwork for daisy in that game and it was still tan

they are
the motherfucking
same thing

So they've chosen to portray his buttons as yellow painted plastic. I've always seen them as gold, and Wario's as silver.

The only one who looks off is Yoshi. I really can not unsee his stupid large nose these days.

posted
tried to make her face like her 2d art and made her jaw shorter, ect

>Origins
>Not Wario Land: Shake It!

Weird. I always depicted them as being yellow. Why would Mario use gold button up his overalls?

>mfw donkey kong is more of a side character
>mfw he's the reason mario and all the other iconic characters exist.

she looks fatter, good work, user.

>seriously trying to sit there and tell me that the 3d render of yoshi there captures that smug look of the 2d artwork at all

Because hes fucking a princess? Girls like men who dress good you know

can you make her even fatter?

I dont see how the one on the left looks fatter on the one on the right

>Her chin is narrow and short as fuck
Narrow but look at the chin to lip distance. And yes, it's fucking wiiiide there.

>Yet camelot released their official artwork for daisy in that game and it was still tan
Promo art does not take priority over actual in-game appearance.

He's got a pretty prominent position in that photo, though.

I have often wondered if a DK/Mario sidescrolling crossover would be possible or fun.

The one on the left is mine you donutheads

Cranky is actually the reason

oh, lol.
well then bad work!

The jaw and overall head shape is still smaller thus more attractive, neotenous, childlike, ect
I really do not like how old Daisy looks these days at all

implying mario doesn't fuck peach while wearing this

Peach looked perfect in melee. And I think Bowser looks great desu.

rosa never really had a strawberry blonde hair. I think she has a sandy platinum blonde hair.

mozart?

Ah her tint in her camelot model is a bright orange. Color pick her model and youll see its a high orange

Way to pick the worst aesthetic.

Good work user, now edit Bowser to look like the 2D OP image.

No way, her head is bigger in that picture you posted compared to current Daisy. Current Daisy a cute.

still

Bu-but user, cranky IS dk.

how the fuck is this meme still going on
everybody is well aware mozart is dead and buried
look at yourself - is this really worth the time you're wasting
piss off

Sonic did it literally a decade ago.

>is this really worth the time you're wasting

And what exactly are you doing right now that isn't a waste of time?

he WAS Donkey Kong

Because she has a more human chin and lips that don't look like fish lips like in pic related? chibi peach is shit.

This is my favorite piece of old Mario art. I wish I could hang it on my wall.

Peach's render looks a bit odd but I think she looks great in game.

I'd hang this on my wall

Literally everything except the dress is best in melee. Her hair especially I feel has a personality to it compared to the boring smoothed masses in brawl/sm4sh.

The Mario gang got screwed by 90's CG. Like it took 15 years for DK to stop looking like some mutant duck and back into looking like an ape again.

Haven't really seen that, but still her hair is mainly what I said earlier.

I never understood why the CGI Pauline looked so weird in the Smash 4 trophy compared to how she's rendered in the newer MvDK games. I'm guessing it must be an older asset though.

>smooth mess

Is this bait? Are you like one those guys who prefers OOT on n64 over 3DS because muh atmosphere (aka shitty blurry muddy graphics)

Jesus christ that M patch on his hat

Yet his hair is still playdoh. It's weird.

>hating Rareware DK

>they didn't get him to draw Rosalina's newcomer art for Smash 4
Such a waste.

So many words to make no argument

Meleefags really are insane, tasteless fucks, holy shit. You are out of your mind.

Why is Donkey Kong the Third taking Mario Jr's mom again?

I agree about the hair, I like how it has more points.

>improvement isn't always better!

My genitals are noticeably darker than the rest of my skin.

>Rosalina has one eye
>Peach has two
>Daisy has three
Really weird that this is a thing.

Nice try Mr. Amadeus.

It's because you touch them too much.

He said "smoothed masses" not "smooth mess"

It was shit, man.

That makes no sense.

Rubbing skin too roughly causes it to darken over time. It's why traps learn how to cum hands free, so their feminine penises stay light and pink.

Mario has a nice ass

no

And nice legs and arms.

Lame meme is lame. Everyone knows Louise was Jumpman's girlfriend, not Pauline.

Mario Sr didn't marry her.

Larry looks spot on. 3D Peach is slightly worse. The other two are just plain better.

I think you need better examples.

That's perhaps what makes it creepier, the implication of it all

>yoshi
>bowling ball nose
>better

The current 3D design does go overboard on the round features. It's still closer to best design then what's above it in the OP though.

I want to facefuck that cyclops

I don't know enough about this so I'm going to ask. Couldn't you get a similar look to OPs pic using cel shading, Or am I really off?

it's intentional to make 2D yoshi look even more smug

Are you retarded?

You're on the right track. We can basically make 3d models look 2d very accurately now too

No, she looks different in old artwork.

Are you retarded?

The best design is the one from Mario games after SMW (like Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Yoshi's Safari, and SMK). His YI design is kind of ugly, but it's decent enough, especially compared to the one used since Yoshi Story.

It's funny because those were baby Yoshi's in Story and that's probably why they had such strange proportions.

It just unfortunately stuck.

Totally, I wouldn't mind that design and voice if it was a one-off. Makes you wonder if they just forgot about baby Yoshis from earlier games though.

All of them are fantastic except Yoshi. I have no idea what it is about it, but it's just wrong and kinda gay.

>His YI design is kind of ugly
I'm afraid we can't come to a consensus

>Larry looks spot on.
Not quite, his nose is bigger and his mouth is more muppet-like in 3D than it looks in 2D.
Bowser's 3D face looks like he was stung by bees.

Didn't Kotabe retired from drawing Mario a few years ago? Who does the Mario art now?

They have to adapt them to work in 3D, stupid. Also that yoshi isn't even based on the one you posted.

Speaking of shitty designs that didn't translate into 3D at all

He returned to Nintendo in 2011, apparently.

where do these come from?

his snout needs some depth. The picture you posted is a bit better but in the OP his chin might as well be in front.

It obviosly needs depth, but not that much.

>just because you can't do it you're not allowed to critique it

as in the 3D designs have anatmoy and the 2D ones don't?

Look at 2D Bowser. How does his snout making any sense? It looks like a curvy piece of cardboard balancing on his face

If you're still here OP, this was the point when I realize that you are autistic

That's not OP. That's also not an argument.

Probably meant the snout area.

>for yoshi OP should've used the art from Yoshi's Island

OP's one of those people who irrationally hates new designs and Yoshi's Island is the origin of his "new" design.

Yeah he returned and did the 2D art in Super Mario 3D Land.

You don't want to know the dark rituals that Nintendo is preparing

Mario's design is all part of it

don't take his nose off, user

he looks weird