"Skyrim belongs to the Nords!"

>"Skyrim belongs to the Nords!"
>Imperial supporters denounce this as evidence of the faction's racism
>Ignores the tolerance for large Dunmer minority-- one of the most vocally xenophobic races in all of Tamriel
>Ignores that less than half of named NPCs in Skyrim are even Nords (not even cosmopolitan Cyrodiil was this bad)

Is there anything worse than people who feel very strongly about something, yet willingly ignore information in case it challenges what's been decided as the "correct" view?

It's a bloated sense of nationalism. That problems form from outlanders rather than the traditional resistance to the empire.

>Siding with the Nordfags because "Muh homeland!!!"
They were invaders who kill most of the Elves there. Besides, Skyrim has always been part of the Empire. Also, fuck Talos for suggesting the Empire die out.

More or less the current mindset of the modern left.

Nords didn't do anything wrong, gas the elves race war now!

>Siding with the white man
They were invaders who kill most of the Natives there. Besides, America has always been part of the Globalist Empire. Also, fuck Trump for suggesting the Globalist Empire die out.

>Ignores the tolerance for large Dunmer minority
Tolerance is a strong word when you see everyone in Stormcloak-controlled lands shitting on the Dunmer for no reason.

Empire died with Martin

Globalism is a cancer that will destroy separate nations.

Bitch do you even know about St. Alessia? The distinguishing feature between Imperials and Nords is that Imperials spent some time as elves' bottom bitches (but not quite as long as Bretons)
Cyrodiil was literally founded on the extermination of the Ayleids. Skyrim was getting along just fine with the elves until they initiated the massacre at Saarthal.

>America builds itself on globalism
>Now wants to seperate themselves from it

>American's for America!
>Down with the empire!

America = Skyrim

Notes were not invaders. Lived peacefully along the snow elves until the night of tears

>no reason
Can you name any examples that aren't those 2 drunk unemployed old men when you first enter Windhelm?

1) Dunmer pay their taxes, Stormcloaks don't. Remember; the Empire was originally envisioned as an equivalent to the Roman Empire, and Rome didn't give a fuck what you did so long as you didn't fuck with them and you paid your taxes.
2) The Dunmer are only safe because of Ulfric. He dies and they're pretty much dead.

I got nothing for the last one other than shitty representation because Bethesda made a dead world.

there's also that whole Forsworn genocide thing but yeah focus on nationalist rhetoric instead

also Ulfric Stormcloak is a faggot and a puppet of the Dominion

There's also the ghetto in the city. Obviously they probably wanted to expand on that, if old mate toddy wasn't so lazy in creating 2 house cities.

>tolerance for Dunmer minority

tolerance is putting it pretty fucking nicely.

In Ulfric's defense it's not so much he's "FUCK YEAH THALMOR" so much as he's just really fucking predictable.

>America = Skyrim
Bit of a broad statement there mister 60%.

That's a pass, i'll take it.

>Rome didn't give a fuck what you did so long as you didn't fuck with them and you paid your taxes.
Also true to Rome the Empire gave zero shits about the Talos worship going on until Ulfric made it an issue and the Thalmor put their foot down.

Fair enough, I'm just bantering ya, either ways I always side with Nords for the simple reason that defending the homeland, even if that means everyone dies in the process is better than submission.

It's because when the Nords handed refugees the Snow Quarter for free, and gave all residents exemptions to being taxed then it was up to the Dunmer to negotiate cleaning the streets and getting food. They didn't do anything about that and so 200 years later are wallowing in their own shit, blaming Norda for everything.

Windhelm can't even bring job holding Argonians into the city because the ash-DINDUS are so racist that there'd be murders

I find it kind of funny that Cred Forums often judges harshly about the stormcloaks because they are racist, while most of Cred Forums likes to post fascist bullshit and condemns liberal contens as SJW propaganda.

they literally tolerate them existing there, that's what tolerance means not that you should like them

It's a short term long term thing. With the Empire you're taking back Skyrim and making a victory over the Thalmor that much more likely, but you're taking a gamble as to whether Talos can hold on long enough.

Stormcloaks you're spreading Talos worship and giving the big guy a lot more power to hang on to the world, but you're also gambling that the Stormcloaks can take on the Thalmor and win. Remember, it's made expressly clear that you didn't fight near the entirety of the Empire.

>playing this shit game instead of Morrowind

I'm just disappointed that guy really did not shout the other into pieces.

If the rest of the Empire becomes mortal enemies to Skyrim fuck it, they'll be fighting on 2 fronts then.

Current Bethesda doesn't give a fuck about the writing in their own game, they know everyone will still buy it because they've mastered the science of selling their game to the brainless mass.

>for no reason.
Dunmer where happy enslaving basically everyone, but especially beast races, these fags where hilarious xenophobe in Morrowind, they even shat on you when you played as Dunmer since you were born outside Morrowind. Then the Oblivion crisis fucked them and suddenly everybody should give a fuck, fuck them, I am glad they get some of their own medicine for a change, I wish there was a torch the ghetto option.

>in Ulfric's defense

Why

Why would you defend that self-important faggot who studied for years under the Greybeards and can only FUS. Can't RO DAH. Can't even RO. Just FUS. He skewered the 12 year old king after cheating by using FUS and then ran away like a pussy. And he thinks he has a legitimate claim to the throne, being a weakling coward as well as a puppet of the elves.

Stormcloaks are faggots.

It's only wrong when they're racist against my argonian waifu

>tfw u realize skyrim is literally america
>tfw u realize ulfric is trump

You kind of jumped the gun there, didn't you, buddy?

Shit like that is why Dark Seducers are superior.

Well, Cred Forums? Which of your runs was your favorite?

>Ulfric is Trump
>Ulfric is an idiot blowhard that picks on targets weaker than himself and runs like a bitch when the going gets tough, talks a big game despite being shitty at what he does, and is actually a puppet serving the whims of an enemy state that seeks to sabotage his homeland

What did user mean by this?

The stealth archer one

My only one

0.49 has been deposited into your PayPal from CorrectTheRecord.tm

I think he meant that Ulfric Stormcloak is actually a terrible businessman when it comes to absolutely anything that isn't real estate and is also a giant hypocrite who changes his positions on shit every five minutes and constantly lies about shit he said in the past and makes his opponent look good in comparison in spite of the fact that she's like 95% as bad as him

Jesus Christ that fits way too well.
>Ulfric is an idiot blowhard that picks on targets weaker than himself
It's how he killed the High King. He even literally blew on the guy hard enough to knock him over and admits he was stronger and was using the voice to make a point.
>and runs like a bitch when the going gets tough,
He fucking cheeses it at Helgen when Tullius and the Empire is sticking around to get as many innocent people out of there as possible.
>talks a big game despite being shitty at what he does,
Is a horrifically shitty boss fight despite his claims
>and is actually a puppet serving the whims of an enemy state that seeks to sabotage his homeland
His Thalmor dossier.

todd is a fucking oracle

I don't Hadvar even has a PayPal, user.

>He fucking cheeses it at Helgen when Tullius and the Empire is sticking around to get as many innocent people out of there as possible.
Thinking on it, shouldn't that have ended the civil war right there? Like straight up "woah guys we may be fighting but we might want to kill these fucking dragons first" ended it?

the interesting thing about OPs post, is that I have absolutely no way of knowing whether he is pro-nord-only-skyrim, or against

nothing about what he said, or the way he said it, gives any clue about which faction, or belief, he's criticizing

people who say nothing on purpose = troublemakers

Probably, but Ulfric, as is demonstrated throughout the game, is an opportunistic power-hungry shit and tries to take advantage of the confusion to march on Whiterun

this

Does it weird anybody out how a lot of storytelling tends to be about 5-10 years behind actual events? Like yeah, I understand it's possible to have some foresight and predict the outcome of events, but it seems to happen pretty consistently.

Too close for comfort tbqh.

Well, the current climate usually leads to the future climate. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how one thing might lead to another.

Lets be honest no one cares about Skyrim's plot. It seems like Bethesda intentionally gimped down Skyrim's plot and story to make it less complex for casuals and people new to the series.

>Empire = SPQR
>Stormcloaks = Gauls

Nuff said.

>Skyrim was getting along just fine with the elves
kek

I'd consider that a Bethesda problem. Realistically, of course the dragons would be a huge enough threat to stop all fighting and secure your own territory, but all these characters were written by people who wanted to make a sandbox game. The world waits for you, the player, always.