youtube.com/watch?v=MG5EzU2EZ5o
youtube.com/watch?v=RItMCLEdg1A
youtube.com/watch?v=wr6uouGFIVo
youtube.com/watch?v=XZPsD229Imc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCUUdys9zY
youtube.com/watch?v=TRgyJlXpYcs
youtube.com/watch?v=GZBJwNEABE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not as bad as people make it out to be, but boy does it try.

I can't think of a better title for the game than Harmony of Dissonance as that perfectly describes the games OST.

Good game, bad soundfont

youtube.com/watch?v=MG5EzU2EZ5o

This is one of my favorite vidya tracks.

It if weren't or the shitty audio it would've been amazing.

It's not bad, it's just... dull. At least Circle of the Moon attempted something different with the magic cards, even if that didn't quite work out very well. Harmony of Dissonance tried really, really hard to cleave to a familiar Castlevania formula, and while it isn't bad, it just ends up entirely forgettable compared to Symphony of the Night.

There were a few tracks I liked. Some of them really helped to convey the surreal insanity of the "other" castle.

Here are a few songs I thought were decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=RItMCLEdg1A

youtube.com/watch?v=wr6uouGFIVo

youtube.com/watch?v=XZPsD229Imc

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCUUdys9zY

AoS was better

It sounds really autistic, but it feels TOO similar to SOTN. It's like it's trying to "capitalize" off of its own success. Nearly everything (fundamentally) is the same (same menus, dual castle thing, subweapons, etc)

>posting the shitty GBA originals

Disgusting, my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=TRgyJlXpYcs
youtube.com/watch?v=GZBJwNEABE0

Pretty good, but absolutely the weakest of the three GBA Castlevanias.

The neon outlines on everything ruin it for me

It was my first Castlevania, so I see it with rose-tinted glasses.
I actually think it's a very decent entry point, just a very prototypical metroidvania: you have a Belmont, his whip, the castle, the whole RPG shtick and pretty much nothing more. If you start with it you can go back and forth within the series(at least the 2D titles) and still feel at home.

too easy and boring, even hod's bosses were shit, and that's like the only thing igavanias usually get right

I enjoyed it, and definitely more than circle of the moon.

the only experience ruining aspect of the game is the knockback when you get hit

otherwise, great game with weird quirks

Juste is a bit of a fag

Better than OoE, PoR and the Sorrows.

Worse than SotN and CotM.

>better than the sorrows

>he enjoy grinding hours away for a soul spawn

Let me guess, you also play Dragon Warrior?

doesn't stand to best Castlevania ever

he's definitely be a good person to embrace
his jacket probably smells old and musty from all that castle traveling

Amazing dash mechanics. Big size due to 2 castles.

So im looking to get into castlevania but there are a lot and ive heard not all of them are good. Which ones should i play and which ones should i avoid?

Depends, do you want a challenging linear platformer? Start with Castlevania on NES. Do you want Metroid with level ups and magic? Play some Symphony of the Night on PSX.

Start with Symphony of the Night, original (or it's PS1 remake), or Aria of Sorrow.

If you aren't feeling the original/remake, try SotN or Aria. Vice versa if you aren't feeling the latter.

JESUS McDermott, what does that have to do with anything?

Thanks i was planning on starting with symphony because i want to get into metroidvanias but i wasnt sure what castlevania games were worth playing after that

HoD > AoS > CotM

PoR > DoS > OoE

I liked it but it felt like it played it too safe and too much like SotN. The music, while yeah, it does sound like a Game Boy Color game, I liked because I like how the Game Boy Color sounded.

Close

HoD > CotM > AoS

PoR > OoE > DoS

Both of you have it just about perfect.

Only you got your arrows reversed.