WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

every time a rumour is spread they reset the countdown to the announcement

Nsider here.

Our plans involve phones, so we don't want our competitors stealing our ideas.

>NX will never have a announcement

There is no NX. Its only smartphone game hub

October 12.

It's delayed.

Nintendo ca't afford a delay

Never ever.

They have to wait until the right moment

That'll only end up hurting themselves more though

only legitimate reason I can think of is that they're waiting for Color Splash to release, but surely they're not dumb enough to think everyone will fall for sticker star again, particularly on a console with basically only fans who hated that entry.

>but surely they're not dumb enough to think everyone will fall for sticker star again
Well, they DID commit to making another game in this style...

but I do agree that Color Splash will undoubtedly be the weakest selling entry in the series; the combination of fans disliking the style as well as the Wii U's install base are just too much for the game to overcome.

They don't care.

It's been the right moment for months now

NX announcement is on the 5th October, direct to be announced on the 3rd.

>WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

They're just trying to come up with the best way to explain to you how their next complete piece of shit system is totally not a piece of shit, but actually "revolutionary" hardware that is going to change the way you game forever for the best!

They expect this to be their biggest launch in history. They don't want to announce too soon before launch, and give time for hype to lessen or for competitors/skeptics to talk it down. It will be announced when they're confident it can be released within that quarter, and they will give the launch date at that time.

I think they finally realise how important the first reveal is for a console after how badly they fucked up last time.
I imagine they want to have the least time possible between announcement and launch to make sure the hype train hasn't died down.

They're waiting until Sony and Microsoft are about 2-3 years away from announcing their next consoles so they can fuck themselves out of the market again.

This, + include as much new games as possible, even if it's only a really short teaser or name dropping.

>I think they finally realise

Nah, stop that. You're just going to get yourself hurt.

Nintendo is completely incompetent and out of touch.

October 12th.

Was expecting the announcement of its reveal to be late July/1st week of August, then its actual reveal to be ~1 month from that said date (ie, early/mid September)

but now it's the last week of September and not one word

i'm not sure how they're benefiting by waiting this long

>on my birthday

no

The Nintendo NX isn't a standalone console or handheld, but rather an attachment you buy for your phone that gives you console-like controls. Nintendo is putting all their business into the mobile market and bailing on consoles.

Yes they can. They can quit making video games right now and sustain themselves for decades.

>announce NX early specifically to counter mobile rumours after DeNA partnership surfaces
>"lol it's a mobile device"

Nah, they're probably going to do some Sega Saturn shit where they release it onto store shelves and expect you to pay a few hundred to find out more. If they're going to reveal it, they probably should do it now before they get beaten to the punch with shit like the PS4 Pro and Scorpio and have another shitty console gen.

their marketing, pricing, confidence and communication about the DS and Wii releases were top-notch and completely on the nose, despite coming right off the back of the dark Gamecube days where they were a laughing stock

how did everything that i mention go so fucking sour so quickly? internal company turmoil/mismanagement?

making 20 threads on saturday and sunday isn't going to work, retard.