This game is getting fucking annoying:

>SciMed
>Save point
>Alien pops up and starts being a cunt
>No matter how far away I get, he still follows me into the general area
>He always catches me in the most retarded ways
>This sets me back like 12 minutes each time, sending back to the save point
>Get the furthest I've ever gotten
>Hiding in locker, he doesn't know where I am, but I'm waiting for him to fuck off farther away
>He comes into my room for no reason
>Immediately opens the locker and kills me
>Another 20 minutes wasted

Fuck this faggot. Did you guys like this game? think it's great so far ecept for the fucking slien itself. Everything else is great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KkF8-vhVM_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did you try that AI mod

suck it up

Apparently it gets better when you get the flamethrower. I wouldn't know, I stopped playing because the alien having fucking ESP and knowing exactly where you are at all times is anti-fun

>Oh no the alien has me cornered again
>Another 2-3 minutes wasted while I wait for the fucker to lose interest and wander off
>Isn't this suspenseful and fun?
Bah, shit game

The game seems amazing to me, but the alien fucking sucks. All the parts with the working joes and humans were great, but now I'm getting all my enjoyment sapped away.

What does it do?

makes the alien do random shit instead, forget what its called

You are in the worst area in the game fyi

Unpredictable Alien Mod

It's a great game but it is very long, the worst part is the alien.
I just crouch walked everywhere in hopes it would fuck off for longer than 2 minutes.
I really should have been much less frequent, though i played on the hardest difficulty.
Got to admit, the first time the alien chased me through a vent scared the shit out of me.

Agreed, the atmosphere is 11/10, just the alien is a real shit. Totally breaks immersion if the alien just hangs around even if you're perfectly still and quiet. It's the same kind of dumb gamey immersion breaking as in Crysis 2, when if one dude sees you, every enemy in 100m immediately knows where you are. You're suddenly very aware you're playing a game and not actually in some real place. I plan to finish it someday, when I have the patience, just to see all the amazing level design work Creative Assembly did

>he
Don't you say that shit about my waifu

l2p nuub

You know you can use different kind of shit to make him go away?

i got like an hour into the game to the first part where the group of looters are looking for you

i couldnt get past them in 2 tries and gave up

i hate sneaking games

This is a really funny thread. Because you're all not this fucking casual, are you? This is all a big giant joke that I'm not in on?

Right?

Nope

its clearly a question of how enjoyable it is, not how difficult it is, you unintelligent faggot

I got stuck on that part too, it's worth playing further in the game, because there's a lot of cool environments after that bit. There's a room upstairs you can hide in, then stealth up behind the black guy with the gun, melee him down, take his gun and then exit out the other side of the room. The looters will follow you, but then the alien will kill them. Pretty satisfying desu

Of course, if the game wasn't appealing to you, forget it, I understand completely

You cant take his gun man, Im so sorry

one word: git gud

yes, you can. I'm OP and that's exactly what I did too.

i really want to play it actually, it looks like a game designed with love. as someone who has been playing video games since 1986, that is basically all that matters anymore

like people here going autistic over undertale. i didn't know anything about it and then i watched a couple of hours of playthrough and the conclusion i came to is "the person who made this made it with love and passion"

isolation looks like it really has that factor. i just have historically hated sneaking games, so i'll have to get myself into a mode. i intend to play it with my girlfriend because she's one of those people who gets super scared/anxious in those types of settings, it'll be fun.

i bet it's fucking amazing in VR.

getting a gun is a scripted event, like I dunno what game were you playing then

man, sorry man but your a sorry man, sorry man, sorry

Also i wanna tell you guys about some BIZARRE shit with this game.

I installed it for like the second or third time recently and started playing it. When I had installed it before I never got past the title screen, just didn't find the time.

When I started playing it, I had save games for several hours into the game, and several achievements unlocked. I have never had steam family sharing on, and there is nobody here to use my computer or anything, nor has my steam acc ever been compromised or loaned out. FUCKIN spoopy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KkF8-vhVM_0

I've played it on my Oculus Rift devkit, specifically the bit in the hall near the start of the game with the looters. Getting in the fight with the black guy is messed up how real it feels, like he's there a meter in front of you with a gun pointing at your face. Only downside is the game isn't totally designed for VR, so it makes you nauseous as fuck, I have to stop after 15 minutes or so, and I've read other dudes on here saying the same thing. I guarantee anyone in VR-hate threads would change their tune so quickly playing it though

truly

>VR-hate threads

aka poor people threads gloating over the "death" of shit they can't afford

being that, like i said, ive been gaming since the 80s and everyone has tried to make this shit since even back then, i KNOW we are at the point that it's finally good enough to really matter, and i say that never having put any headset on yet.

They just need to fix the nausea and the low-detail /screen door issue and it'll take over from monitors completely. I installed virtual desktop when using mine and it makes you think people in office jobs are probably all going to be wearing VR or AR headsets in 10-20 years. Why have a 24" or 34" monitor, when your entire field of view can be a monitor. Walking through offices of the future is going to be pretty weird, because nobody will see you walk past

>it'll take over from monitors completely

well no it won't because that's not the point of it, and until things are effectively weightless people will not wnat to use them for work when they don't have to

I guess in the future I'm imagining, they're going to be 100grams or less, with 4-8k displays per eye and be fed by a machine over wireless, or have some SoC built in that does all the graphical work, so you don't need a power-hungry GPU feeding it

Whatever the case, it kind of blows your mind, because you think, you buy a 24" monitor and that's the size you're restricted to, but when you're viewing a 24" monitor in a virtual desktop, why not just add another, or double the size to 48", or add 10 more, or surround yourself with monitors. You're not restricted by petty physical limitations anymore. Pretty cool

When the technology is ready it will be paradise for traders.

SciMed is one of the hardest alien encounters in the game up until the hive

it's shit. i quit after sneaking past some evil robots and while crouch walking silently out of a vent an alien dropped on my head with no warning and killed me. not scary, just tedious and irritating.