If the wii u is nintendos dreamcast, what will the NX be?

if the wii u is nintendos dreamcast, what will the NX be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z4DOn9465xo?t=22m57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nintendo's lightning

nothing at all

that's why it hasn't been shown

Dreamcast was popular in the beginning. The Wii U is the Sega Saturn and the NX will be the dreamcast and Nintendo will drop out of the console race.

WiiU is their Saturn, NX will be their Dreamcast. That motherfucker is gonna flop so hard, Nintendo's pretty much gonna stop making consoles.

3 strikes your out m8. And those strikes are called Wii, WiiU, and NX.

Nintendo's PS2, prove me wrong.

>Cred Forums getting assmad because they know the NX will be succesfull

Nintendrones said the same shit about the WiiU
>Mario Kart will save it
>Smash will save it
>Once MK comes out, it'll destroy the competition. 20 million WiiU sales, 4 million PS4.

Remember that?

not op but I'm scared as shit. I just know nintendo will still shit out an underpowered console.

Wii was not a strike by any stretch of the imagination, lmao.

Underpowered can be okay if they have a nice other reason to buy it. Everyone already has a PS4 so people don't look for power as much as a few years ago.

Everyone is saying the opposite. The only ones optimistic are the people that skipped the Wii U generation.

Most people skipped the Wii U or at least bought it after they knew it was a flop that would get few games. Not a lot of people actually bought it and then got disappointed

I can not imagine the NX doing worse than the Wii U. I feel that console is the bottom of the barrel for Nintendo and they can only go up. Or second bottom because Virtual Boy might actually be worse.

>Wii U = Dreamcast
nigger are you serious?

this. at least the dreamcast had games

I think Nintendo can do worse. A lot of people expect the NX to be good in some way. But they could make something that's worse than Wii U.
I also expect NX to do better, but Nintendo are good at doing things worse than anyone couls have imagined. They might surprise us.

Dreamcast flopped hard even with games

October 12.

Fuck yes. Then I can play Nintendo games on the PS4.

it sold well but sega was still losing money (mostly because arcades were dying and that was a major part of their income) and they didnt have enough of it to support it

Wii U was the Saturn, NX will be the Dreamcast only without the games.

the dreamcast was good and people liked it back then too. i would call the wiiu more like a sega 32x or something.

you, sir, are incorrect

>implying

>Fuck yes. Then I can play Nintendo games on the PS4.
you mean your smartphone.

>playing anything on PS4

What?

You'd like that, wouldn't you, PScuck? Something to make your library worthwhile amid all the bad ports of multiplats and Bloodborne?

not even that. the saturn was popular in japan. the wii u is the 32x

Wii was a massive fucking hit, a global phenomenon.

You stupid faggot

>> Strike Wii
Yeah, the 2nd best selling console ever is a strike.

If Nintendo is making a new system after the Wii U, then the Wii U is not Nintendo's Dreamcast.

But NX will have third party, right?
Wii U sold shit because they all tought it was a Wii accesory and didn't have a lot of support.
I'm pretty sure NX will do better. Maybe not the best of the generation, but it will survive. Besides, the 3DS gave Nintendo a lot of life span.

Just release each Smash on Steam and relegate everything else to portable consoles.

>But NX will have third party, right?
No third party's and Nintendo don't get along

yeah, having mario sunshine, mario 64 with joystick, pokemon snap, f-zero, classic mario party, classic paper mario and maybe even conker or something in a more powerful 3ds would be pretty cool

Wii = NES
Wii U = N64
NX = Virtual Boy

Why would anyone buy them if they are so easy to emulate?

:(

>One of the highest selling consoles of all time
>A Strike

With the exception of BotW, the only other games officially announced for the NX are 3rd party games.

maybe, but having them portable and with improved graphics, new stuff and online features would make them cool. also, some emulators are shit or only work on really good computers

>TiVo

I laffed

Nintendo's PS2 was the NES

That'd be the Wii. Given that it was shit that didn't deserve to be successful but was.

October 12.

I had a period in my life where I didn't play or keep up with vidya AT ALL so when the WiiU came out, I just assumed it was like what the PS4 Neo or whatever is going to be, which is an updated version of the current gen. And by that logic, I'd be correct. The WiiU is nothing more than a slight upgrade to the Wii expect it has some gay controller that feels like cheap plastic.

Am I even wrong in thinking this? Was it assumed the WiiU was going to be an updgraded Wii before it was official shown? I have no idea.

And it's crazy to think the Dreamcast is a better system than both the Wii and WiiU but wasn't supported by the Nintendo brand and was too ahead of it's time. A modern Dreamcast with games like Soul Caliber and Jet Set Radio would blow the WiiU out of the water. If not for Smash 4, I don't believe I'd know anyone with a WiiU.

The PS2 is easily one of the Top 3 consoles of all time.

The Wii would be more like Nintendo's iPad

>Wii was a massive fucking hit, a global phenomenon.

So was Pokemon GO until people found out it had no substance.

The Wii was such a huge hit because it was cheaper than all the other consoles, kids and manchildren foamed at the mouth to get it and WAGGLE. Once people saw it had no games and the chuck gimmick was gay as fuck (huur look at me swing my hand when I bowl with my Mii!) it was nothing more than a DVD player...oh wait, it couldn't even do that.

But user, are you not enjoying what's already in your PS4 library? Why would you need any silly Nintendo games?

Believe it or not, the ps2 had more shovelware than the Wii

It also had more worthwhile exclusives and multiplats than the Wii

Nintendo's blackberry

The wii was a succes not because of manchildren or kids, but because it came at the right time at the right place. Motion controls were the next thing back then and the wii was also cheaper, and it had mario! What could possibly be wrong?

Also it allowed more casual players to game with their families.

Basically it's the same thing as VR now except the Wii was affordable for the average consumer

Nintendo's iPhone

Anally devastated you are.

Nothing you said had any substance, in fact all you did was fling shit around.

I know this may make you tear up, but Nintendo made a lot of money from Wii.

Sorry

I don't know if I'd put the PS2 in the top 3, but it's definitely the last console to come out that was any good. I had some great times with the 360, but that was because I was stoned all throughout college and played various games on it with my friends and roommates. The N64 and SNES would be in my top 3 but I'll fully concede it's largely due to nostalgia. I miss being a kid and playing DKC or Mario 64 ;_;

ah yes, i remember when the wii was a flop. i remember that part of our universe's split timeline.

What sega's first strike? Saturn and Dreamcast were their second and third...

kek, never forget

But it wasn't succesful, not even with nintendorks.

Fuck off. A 3-400 dollar piece of hardware that isn't even as strong as a 360 is not fucking okay in 2016. No shitty gimmick will ever make that okay.

sega 32x i guess

It ruined their philosophy with making consoles.

now everything is casualized in an attempt to get that market back. it wasn't even a real console, it was a toy.

SNES yes, N64 is definitely nostalgia.

If I were to pic the holy trinity of videogame consoles, it would be PS2, SNES and either the PS1 or NES, they were both reallly good.

>it's definitely the last console to come out that was any good.

you didnt like the gamecube or xbox?

>they know the NX will be succesfull
no one knows, but worse than wiiu, seems a bit difficult.

So basically everything I said minus the manchildren part.....

And Larry the Cable guy makes a lot of money doing stand up. Doesn't mean it's good and it doesn't mean I care either. I want Nintendo to succeed because I don't want to live in a world where Nintendo doesn't make consoles anymore.

You're showing your autism and age with that post.

Sorry.

PS4 is the most powerful console of the 3 right now.

i wish arcade style gameplay and experimental games that the dreamcast had made a comeback

NX is going to be the best console for the next generation. It's weird because Nintendo will start the generation once again while micro soft and Sony add a few more years on the current gen. Wtf is happen. Also I like my Wii u I went back and started a new game on pikmin 3. The game is so relaxing and I got it for Christmas in 2013 so I am getting dem Christmas feels.

Nintendo's Neptune

Technically it would be Uranus if keeping in with the game world

Game Gear.

No, you're right about it coming out at the right time, but not because of motion controls, but because the casual market for videogames reach critical mass as it was around that period the first cycle of millennials entered adult buying phase of their lives, and were nostalgic or more open to trying this "videogame" thingamabob and nintendo was simply the easiest entry point. Same thing with DS. Remember all those ads nintendo placed in women's magazines? You could argue that waggle added to the marketability to those demographics, but that's it. What was a really boon to nintendo was the shifting demographics, being cheap, and their brand name. That's why wiiu crashed, when that demo moved on and the core no longer cared enough. 3DS managed because it ate PSP's lunch with MH and other exclusives and it simply being the traditionally stronger market for nintendo.

Holy shit this is incredible. Thanks for giving me evidence that all nintendrones are delusional oh look here is another

Not for long Scorpio is supposedly more powerful than the neo. But I can't see a lot of people migrating back Xbox. I am satisfied with my normal ps4. I really want the NX though.

N... ... well, it is supposedly using tegra...

Mate I'm idort. Also why you guys wallow over games too much why don't you actually go play something it might do you some good.

The gamecube had great FIRST party games. As with all Nintendo systems as of late, it suffered by not having enough third party games. It's a console you had to own in addition to a console that could play third party games with acceptable graphics for the time. Sunshine and Metroid Prime were definitely amazing games for the Gamecube.

And the Xbox was just my Halo machine. I lugged that fucker to so many LAN "parties" with my nerdy friends back in middle school its not even funny. I was late to the party with the Xbox and it's initial release from what I remember was unacceptable. That giant ass controller still wows me. Like that actually made it through Microsoft and became the official controller before they changed it.

Who cares about sales? I just care about fun.

The Original XBox?

Nintendo's getting acquired by apple.

Nigga no...

Too bad the wii u isn't fun as well

also

>Who cares about sales?

Investors and developers, if the console seels like shit then no one will buy and make games for it.

That's what I sayin. dC had third parties and 1st party in great quantities probably even better than PS2s

Nintendo's Xbox, they're gonna go full dudebro

>people think sega died because the dreamcast didnt sell well

The dreamcast was still netting them a profit. They were hemorrhaging losses from mismanagement, oversupply and their arcade division.

A console doesnt need to be the best selling tech to net a profit. Even the Wii U still net Nintendo a profit because of first party sales. It's just a reduction in profits which has shareholders in a rage

>not for long

That isn't the point, there's a reason it's sold more than 50 million units

The launch of a console is important

nintendo's wiibirth

Wii U isn't fun

it's too fucking expensive for that shitty hardware and most of Nintendo's first party games are boring and sterile.

The Sega Genesis 32bit

What are you guys even talking about, it'll just be another gimmicky nintendo console that will be aimed at kids, with so-so sales

Why not? Most likely, Nintendo would be left to continue making consoles. Only they'd be making successful mobile games AND they'd have an actual budget to compete against the likes of Microsoft and Sony in the power race. Say what you want about Nintendo's approach to system power, but it's not as if they currently have the other divisions to draw cash from to fund a theoretical beast.

It's a win/win scenario. I can't think of a better parent for Nintendo, honestly.

Reggie cares about sales.

youtu.be/Z4DOn9465xo?t=22m57s

Holy shit, what was he thinking about talking about sales for 6 minutes? cringeful as fuck.