The savior of the first person 40k universe is upon us in little more than a month...

The savior of the first person 40k universe is upon us in little more than a month. Not only is it co-op vs hoard gameplay but it is also class based. It will feature a full length single player OR co-op campaign written by none other than Gav Thorpe. There is confirmed to be PvP of Genestealers vs Marines.

Members of the press who played a demo mission at E3 were impressed by how skill oriented the game was as opposed to it just being another hack'n slash dungeon crawler. They are gaming press and if anyone remembers just how skilled they can be I'm not sure this speaks to much though *cough* Polygon Doom *cough*.

According to the offical website there will be 4 skill trees that you can apply points to in order to increase diffrent roles and abilities (I'm thinking something like Payday2). They also mention being able to unlock new relics and weapons.

It's gritty, it's dark, it's being made with a well known and respected engine (unreal 4), it's got the same team working on it that made E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. NO pre-order bonuses other than a discount on full price. What's not to love?

Trailors:

Gameplay - youtu.be/0J46EQKe8GY

Cinematic - youtu.be/t-qWl5PB8-I

Cinematic (faggotistic song choice imo) - youtu.be/WGmmXd8r4YQ

Thoughts, opinions, hopes, complaints?

My only major gripe atm is that they all don't have white armor. Death Wing units ALL only ever used white armor. I know one of the dark clad armor guys does have the Raven Wing emblems (why the fuck is he there at all?) But there are others in dark armor who should not be.

I'm hype as fuck. I hope it has more staying power than Vermintide, and that loot is less of an ass fuck too.

Can you play as other classes in SP, or just the Libraryman?

Some sources are claiming librarian is the only one but others are refuting it. Devs have given no real confirmation on that point.

Bumpin with shots, most seem cinematic but some might not be (everything can be forged lmao)

Mooooar shots

solo you can only play as librarian but co-0op you can choose a class
apparently there are only 9 levels that last around 40-60 mins a level but if they open it up to modders to make levels it's well worth it

Shots

>Gets released in a month
>Barely any gameplay footage
That's not a good sign

I really need to get around to playing EYE sometime.

My hope would alternatively be that they treat it as an active development game inwhich they continue to release updates and additions to prolong it's life, whether by dlc or preferably but not exactly realistically for free.

>EYE devs

There is no need for concern.

>tfw console has to wait a year to get it

>hallways big enough for more than 1 termi to go though.
shit game. Whats the point if I cant optimize the squad order for maximum chance of success?

Be gone shill!

How much are you being paid to post here?

Bored on mobile away from home looking for people who might also know more tbqh. Also I'm not sure GW has the funds for paying shills.

There called social network engineers. And op's post was scripted.

Cred Forumsurgins don't write post like that.

>the savior of

That is some Cred Forums shit you dumb nigger.

I work as a B2B telemarketer. If you call the Games Workshop offices/factory and the line is busy, you get a recorded message saying "OUR ASTROPATHS ARE EXPERIENCING INTERFERENCE AT THE MOMENT", and I've never quite known whether that's cute and amusing, or cringey and annoying.

>2 minutes of spotty game footage

Well we must have seen it all....

Nah I think from a footage capturing stand point it's harder given how much stuff they are trying to show case given the limited time.

Many of the press experinces (people who actually played the demo) talked a lot about tight hallways and meandering cooridors. I too personally hope for a similar experince.

Spotted the paid shill.

TFW my posts are good enough to be used in scripts

I like that the Terminators are slow and bulky, it really gives off the impression that they are strong and heavily armored. That will probably appeal to people who are not usually into 40k.

The trailer footage is mostly from the open areas on levels so far, you can see that on the HUD maps. I am a little concerned about the hallways though, they do show one small bit with the flamer in the hallway and it clearly has enough room for two people. Hopefully there are even tighter corridors, not just chokepoints, ones that we can be attacked from on both sides too.

Holy shit. This is a legit FPS?

I'd just been assuming it was yet another space hulk boardgame reboot from those shitters and not paying attention.

For the glory of the emporer?

This isn't particularly related, but playing as Chaos in DOW UA/2:r with dubstep is fucking amazing. I don't even like dubstep in general, I don't listen to it when I play other factions, but for some reason, it's goddamn incredible while playing chaos, I don't even know, I don't even spam noisemarines like this is some kind of pun or something it just works. try it.

Yarp, it's an fps. It's starting to look like a really good one.

jesus christ

Space-bros