Trails of Cold Steel 2

Who will win the Reanbowl in Cold Steel 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Carnelia_(book_series)
trails.wikia.com/wiki/Category:FC_Books
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/325902246/#325965617
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351120502/#351121225
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351780226/#351781173
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351669105/#351683487
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351888143/#351894253
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351888143/#351889214
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best girl.

Watch her become Ordine's true awakener.

Fat

He is now dressed like his dead husbando

I torn between buying SMTIV:Apocalypse or Dragon Quest VII, what game is the most Kiseki like?

He will kill himself and meet his true love Crow in the afterlife.

DQ

I don´t care about the Rean bowl, I want to see Estelle and Joshua wedding Does Cassius have to un-adopt him so he could marry Estelle?

This

That would actually be pretty cool. She's probably the only character who could smack sense into Rean.

There is nothing special about their relationship beside shared sword autism

Reans too busy attracting and friendzoning every single female in the kiseki universe to have a waifu

ReanxToval

Toval isn't dead though.

Reminder that Cold Steel got localized instead of Ao and Zero, thanks XSEED.

Not generic enough to be the winning love interest.

>Still blaming XSEED for what Falcom does.

It´s a color swaped version of Crow longcoat.

>Alisa confession scene
>Kissu scene and everything
>Laura confession scene
>She gets a hug and nothing else.

Falcom still playing favorites.

They had to. Sony is probably going to put the lid on PS3 publishing soon and XSEED didn't want to get fucked over again.

Ao and Zero they can fall back to the PC versions and release anytime.

>Ao and Zero they can fall back to the PC versions and release anytime
The chink PC port?

That happens in every game with multiple love interest options. Always makes me wonder why they even give you a choice when they so desperately want you to pick their favorite. Doesn't help that said favorite is usually the worst or at least one of the worst girls.

>white and blue divided coat, leg strap, new zip on shirt
He's making more allusions to his bracerbando than his dead boyfriend.

Kinda ridiculous how much she reminds me of Meiya from muv luv. Someone give her a mech already

It's possible, but hopefully not.

They can probably bring the PSP versions onto the engine they fixed up for Sora.

If Shitlisa get a mech I´m going to kill myself.

Bully?

Her company shit them out, what do you think?

I'd bully her with my penis

Absolutely.

DQVII no question
slow as fuck pacing
drags shit out incessantly
rehashing areas you got tired of the first time

main difference is DQ combat is literally barebones as a staple of the series, to the point of mind numbing boredom. Cold Steel combat is much much better

Cold tits 2 has nothing on rehashing compared to tits sc
My god, those first 3 chapters

>that final bonding event and epilogue with sara
how can lesser girls even compete?

They aren't hags

Why did Falcom suddenly get a boner for crawling into airducts?

Didn't Sara get shafted in CS2?

What are the odds we get EVO?

Jesus fucking Christ Falcom, why the Nept even exist?

she's cute

Zero because Chara-Ani apparently hates the West.

that CS2 ending was shit
Sara fucking dies. Who would have saw that coming

No she doesn't

>everyone goes to school and graduates
>final day of graduation an event happens
>Sara is killed during the event
>everyone still fucks off on their own path after mourning

why?

FUCKING SPOILERS

DOES SHE REALLY DIE

Bring forth Erebonia's finest warriors

The Ashen Chevalier
The Radiant Blademaster
The Icy Maiden
Purple Lightning
The Severing Chains
Neithardt The Mighty
and Fast Arts Guy

Stop this shit, it´s not even funny.

You don't want the Evo versions.

_No

>Most party members have a rival on the enemy side.
Its one of the things I liked from SC and Tales of the Abyss.

>SHARON WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Is it really a surprise at this point?

>WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!!!! CROW DIED FOR NOTHING! IT'S NOT FAIR! WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE DAMMIT?!?!?!?! WAS CROWS WHOLE LIFE WASTED?

why was rean so fucking stupid

>this fishing battle in the epilogue

Fishing is serious business.

In what way?

I played through Cold Steel totally blind and I was sure there were two of them.

I mean he is really really fast, and also the fucktoy of the church's most powerful agent.

kenneth was a bro

it's a shame that was my first time fishing in the entire cs series

So is the brother and that other guy the equivalent to the fishing club in zero/ao?

FAT

honestly i despise like 80% of both tits FC and SC
i loved the ends of each games, but if it weren't for cheat engine fast-forward i would have literally killed myself for how much pointless garbage non-content there was in the beginning

I loved that bonding event. She somehow manages to break everything in the store.

delet this

post more feet

I'm tired of idiots saying shit like this.

she'll never be a mother that way

They are the best versions available, so yes.

>Almost full voice
>Updated portraits
>Event CG
>Better OST
>Extra features

Much better than the dated PSP versions or the equally dated PC ports

does anyone else find it retarded that Crow started a civil war by assassinating the Chancellor and the only thing Rean and the Academy is worried about is beating him up so they can be friends again and graduate together?

>Fast Arts Guy

What rank is Toval anyway? I would think he'd be more well-known if he's an A Rank Bracer.

beat CS 2, starting tits for the first time, I can't wait to use Toval

Yes, even Crow points it out. But they're fine being naive retards.

>starting tits for the first time, I can't wait to use Toval

user...

I just really don't like the BGM changes. The tracks aren't improved at all.

Probably Towa.

So she will kill Rean next game?

Do you even have to ask?

it's weird but I find myself very attracted to Altina

DLC

Poor Toby, he really needs a cool name and fast.

Why does it need to be DLC? If they bring the Evo version over, just put a toggle for classic BGM/Portraits like Ys has. Everyone would be happy that way.

>Updated portraits
>Better OST
>Shit UI
Yeah nah. Thats not a good thing. Though the S Craft art looked good.

The only good thing is it looks beautiful on 1k vita, flying through battles with auto and the dialogue backlog. Updated mechanics are pretty neutral.

I will be very upset if this isn't your starting party in CS3

Don't fight it, user.

where can i buy evo

Altina and Millium are best girls

Reminder if you're spending your first NG+ points on character/slot/MQ levels or mira+sepith, you're doing it wrong

Items alone will let you break the game (or hold back) to your heart's desire, leaving plenty of room for costumes or bonding points

Anyone have the pastebin with all the Falcom goodies?

I'm saying it is a DLC. Because money. And yes I agree most of it is shit. Adding bongos to merciless saviour? What the fuck?

so what should I spend my points on? I know I want the swimsuit costumes, what else?

Doing it so I can fly through and get that tedious plat. Didn't expect monster levels not to scale though.

monster levels scale?

Play-Asia. Already ordered Zero Evo, waiting for Ao Evo restock.

>tfw 4 fucking points for infini-bonding
Shit sucks man. Deciding between carrying over items or getting the costumes for my last point. I'm afraid nightmare would be too easy if I brought over items.

So who's going to kick Rean's ass so he starts smiling again?

Can't wait to make Rufus the new egg-machine.

>Not

Either Sara or Laura.

>tfw you have to wait for everything to get translated and ported to PC

This one?
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

I'd say MQ levels are worth bringing over since they're a pain in the ass to level

Is there anywhere I can read the books from Cold Steel 1 with Toval's backstory? If not, can someone sum it up?

kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Carnelia_(book_series)

Class VII. They will probably put in special dialogue for whoever Rean chose at the end of CS2 if they let people import saves or just throw a menu choice in at the start of the game.

You want the Carnelia series

trails.wikia.com/wiki/Category:FC_Books

Rean is not a prize

Why is inverse Phantom Rean not holding his folded 1000 times Cold Steel like actual Rean?

Is Falcom trying to tell us there is more than one Rean?

>crow started the war
Unless you were paying absolutely no attention for the entire game, you should have worked out the war was going to happen anyway. Crow was just a small part of that faction.

That's the one. Thanks.

thank you kind anons

Rufus and Claire should switch places
>team happy go lucky
>team SAD

Anelace. With her headpats immunity, she'll big sister hug him straight down to zero HP

>reading trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs2.html
>Machias, Jusis, and Millium's part
Best trio

>CS3 is the family adventures of Rean, Claire, Altina, and Millium.

>pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Uness you've been paying absolutely no attention for the entire game, you'd see that without Crow starting the liberation front, a lot of the other pieces would not have fallen into place and the civil war would not have happened, or maybe would have happened several more years into the future. Duke Cayenne said so himself.

From Class VII, two Phantoms are born.

One big happy Osborne family coming right up!

And? Regardless of inevitably he was still the one that lit the powder keg. Gavrilo Princip is still blamed for igniting WWI, despite it being inevitable. History is not a story of what could have been, its what happened.
Also Ordine was one of the most important weapons at the Alliance's disposal and provided the prototype for the Alliance's primary weapons

One of those phantoms must be absolutely ecstatic over having free reign to rip and tear the enemy!

I loved beating up Rean with Lloyd and Rixia

I felt bad for touching Altina though

Duke Cayenne was the one that created the ILF, not Crow.

Actually, serious scholars don't go around blaming an assassin for a war that was almost entirely caused by national- and international-level politics, as was the case in the game. The powder keg analogy would be more convincing if the nobles weren't ready to attack the second he fired that shot. World War I had rounds of failed diplomacy and mobilization to get through between the assassination and actual combat.

this is also a video game with magic and powerful robots

>Sara loses her shit
>Takes on all those Jaegers by herself
>That new S-Craft

shit was fucking hype

Both created the ILF. The duke bought the funds and equipment, and Crow chose the members and strategy.

That's true, though it doesn't really change the politics. Besides, Franz Ferdinand's death was a pretext. What Crow did was literally just fire the first shot (at Cayenne's request). Cayenne was the one spending years trying to orchestrate a civil war.

>Haze dual-wielding pens
Every time

Gee, it's almost as if the civil war would have happened without Crow or something.

Gee, it's almost as if the civil war would not have started had he not recruited Crow and other powerful allies in the ILF. If the Duke wanted to start a civil war without Crow, he'd have done so long ago.

>If the Duke wanted to start a civil war without Crow, he'd have done so long ago.
He didn't want to until Osborne started becoming a thorn in his side. Crow was just conveniently there when he needed an ally. Might as well blame Vita for the war since she's the reason they had a robot to use as a model for mass production.

You're placing way too much significance on someone that's essentially a bit player. Crow could be easily replaced with anyone that hates Osborne. The civil war starting didn't hinge on his involvement.

How the hell do you beat Ranged Combat Training Lvl. 5? The fact that you cannot let a character get to low HP is seriously kicking my ass

The Noble Alliance would never have dared to start anything without some kind of material surprise on their side.

Without Crow, there's no Ordine, and no Soldats.

>expected S-Craft to one-shot them all as a scripted event with rigged stat buffs
>nope
>get DEF down and shot to death

Fast Arts Guy. He can succeed because his arts are fast.

So did Osborne know about the Aions when he ordered Garrelia to fire on Crossbell?

You S-craft nuke everything.

Look at how much of a coward the Duke was without Crow, his Divine Knight and his allies. He can't do shit, no matter how much money he had and how many soldiers in the Noble Alliance side with him.

He literally says it himself at the end of the game that he was only able to achieve as much as he did thanks to Crow and the members he recruited in the ILF.

Crow only became an Awakener after Cayenne recruited him.

Bring characters to onsen then 4 S-Craft.

Getting this far enough without knowing about "Domination+S-Crafts+all the STR/damage buffs you can muster" is somehow both impressive and disgraceful, user

And without Crow and his Divine Knight, there would be no Soldats. Without the soldats, the Alliance loses everything that made them so powerful to begin with.

Play Ao. Osborne did not make the order.

General Walter from Chapter 5 made the decision.

is this the size of your coat an indication of your powerlevel in moonland?

Godamn this was good. What game is Ein in? 3rd?

The soldats were holding them back. They would have fared much better without wasting so many resources on them.

Point is that Ouroboros could have easily found another pawn like Crow and the civil war would have been right on track.

You're thinking of shoulder pads.

You meant how many belts there is.

They should've got their own Aion

Yeah but only in a minor role.
The church has tons of interesting characters, but they insist on muh mystery like Ouroboros.
Probably one and the same desu

This. Characters comment repeatedly on soldats not being exceptionally dangerous militarily. They're a nice symbol but in practice are just weaker, faster tanks. And Cayenne in particular would have found people willing to do his work regardless. His personal revenge fantasy was pretty intense for it to be something he'd just set aside because he couldn't find a secret wizard and previously unknown magic robot to help him.

Their mobility is what made them fearless.

"Seeing a giant humanoid like creature is the greatest fear for people" or whatever someone said in the game as well. The Soldats were also used as psychological warfare.

Plus they're still being produced as seen in the epilogue. They have their use.

[Spoiler]Estelle[/spoiler]

Reminder that Rosine will win the Reanbowl

That, or he's gonna go full Id.
Considering the fact he's getting manipulated left and right, I won't be surprised if he blows up
Considering Alisa is gonna run the company soon, they should just have her give the party members soldats next game and turn this into Xenogears. Hahahawait, don't tell me that's what Falcom's planning?

Right. They have a use and are good combat vehicles, but they're not absolute game changers. If they were, they wouldn't keep getting their asses kicked by isolated tank divisions whose only advantage is a couple of guys with good balance.

Is there any quartz worth making/trading for early on?

In TitS and CS1 I only bothered making Action, Cast, and Impede. Should I be burning U-Material on the R/SR's?

>Should I be burning U-Material on the R/SR's?

Only if you slap Fortune on your caster and let them get most of the kills. Otherwise you won't really be in danger of hitting the cap anytime soon.

One Eyed Zechs and Elliots father weren't even kicking their ass. They were barely holding their own because those dudes were just very good at strategizing and creating a defense. Had the war continued and Rean did not interfere with Valimar, they would have eventually been overwhelmed by the Soldats.

Alisa's bonding event in Roer clearly implies Class VII is gonna get some more mechas, it's just a question of who pilots and from where?

They weren't going to be beaten thanks to the Soldats. They were outnumbered and lacked any means of resupply. The fact that they fought off the Soldats in those conditions alone says how poorly Soldats perform in combat.

Action, Impede and Evade will carry you through most everything but Nightmare.
>Should I be burning U-Material on the R/SR's?
Not really, but U-Material is pretty easy to get later on.

Let the reckoning begin! !

So are there any other accessories in game besides the cat ears, plush animals, and contact lenses?

Plus the fact that they obviously aren't enough to overcome the imperial forces in the west, which have no Valimar or even a royal airship to help them out, just the prince's party.

>that scene where Fie has one barefoot exposed and rean piggy backs her

>Le Guin didn't do anything.

Kinda bummed about that

>Evasion build Fie with Wrath

I can't hold all these Bravery Points senpai.

Nothing pops to mind besides Shining R's ACC+50% and EVA+5% if you have nothing better to equip
The bonus stats are effectively smaller considering CS2 is scaled from level 40-140+ vs. CS1's 1-60+
(Holy) Breath and time stuff have cute SPD bonuses I guess, but if you're not interested in the skills, you have Action anyway

U-Material drops easily later on if you ever really need them for something (thanks to item drop bonus quartz/accessory/MQ), so blow them on whatever

end game you have enough to make two characters have 100% evasion

She is going to make a jump in my list if she does do that.
Time for collaterals!

In practical terms one major benefit of using Soldats is that it allows powerful PEOPLE to make a difference on the battlefield. It's one thing for someone like Neithardt to lead a company of soldiers into battle and rely on good organization and leadership to win the day, it's another for Neithardt himself to use his formidable fighting skills to take on armored vehicles directly.

CS1 spent a lot of time asking what the use of people like Rean and Laura is in contemporary warfare. People who devote themselves to the way of the sword or some other similar discipline, how could they do anything against a legion of tanks? Turns out the answer is Soldats.

This. It was evident when we saw other members of the ILF using Soldats of their own. Major Neithardt was able to give Rean a run for his money using a Soldat in combat for the first time.

You don't need to worry too much on U-Mats, there's a lot of them in the game.
Try scanning enemies that drop them and concentrate on them.
Later in the game, pretty much every enemy drops it.

That's moot considering how some of the Thors staff was able to take on armored cars, tanks, and Soldats without any help.

>future games will have increasingly fleshed out giant robot combat because now every competent person needs a giant robot

You need to get the Hit gems in CS2. Else I hope you enjoy missing.

What happened to Mcburn and Laura's dad?
Did they kill each other?

But they were fighting mooks in those vehicles. They'd be in trouble if someone with a backstory turned up in one and Thomas wasn't around.

Considering Laura went to go train with her father I assume it ended in a stalemate.

Is it fine to rush the real final dungeon?

Laura's photo in the end credits shows her training with Victor. I'm not sure about McBurn.

Yes, but it's a good spot to catch up on levels and get some mira as well.

>main character with a very strong and mysterious hidden power pilots a mech
>he can fight bare handed with his mech
>when you first call upon the mech, it asks if you desire the power

This has been Xenogears since the ending of CS1. Now we just need a lot of religious references and Rean revealed to have split personality disorder.

>But they were fighting mooks in those vehicles

So exactly the kind of stuff they'd be up against on a regular battlefield.

There's only so much you can rush a 17-floor dungeon, but sure. The fancy and monster chests have some nice things in them though.
Even if you skip all the fights that aren't in your direct path to treasure, you'll still hit about 140.

The first few battles with Valimare in CS1 and 2 were a pain up until you had a link partner that could heal you and provide CP every turn.

Then it was impossible to lose.

>Cassius gets a mech with a Zemurian Ore staff

That's true, but the problem arises when your enemy commander with a nickname shows up in a robot. You need to have your own so you can hold back on even footing.

>So exactly the kind of stuff they'd be up against on a regular battlefield.

They were fighting a handful of Soldats, not an army and were still struggling. Plus they had Thomas.

>Have Sara and Emma in my party
>Their tits jiggle in their level up animations

Thank you Falcom

Valimar would still be one of the strongest just because of the sword. Zemurian ore of that quantity is probably stupidly hard to find. On the other hand, I bet that whoever gets Ordine will learn how to use Double Sabers too.

I'd say five people managing to fight off a force sent to occupy a major city consisting of several armored cars, tanks, and giant robots is proof enough that when you're powerful enough, you don't need a robot.

And Thomas was obviously holding back.

>Olivert gets a mech with a giant lute

I doubt Crow is actually dead. There must be a master plan at work going on to turn Rean into a killing machine.

>Crow returns with a new mech and you have to fight him using a Blade deck

his ghost shows up in the epilogue. he's dead

Cassius would make better use of Valimar's tachi.

Should I start TiTS right now?

He's super dead. Now, since Zeno and Leo mentioned that they're gonna bring the boss back, I'm worried that at the end you're gonna resurrect Crow.

Considering Victor was implied to be just fine in the end of CS2, he either won or they fought to a stalemate before McBurn had to fuck off because reasons

Xeno.

Maybe the chancellor has a method or resurrecting the dead and uses that to control Rean.

Valimar will sacrifice his data core, allowing Crow's spirit to take over. Rean x Crowlimar will become canon.

No, I don't acknowledge that.

no more fujoshit pls

did a teenager win some "create a character of your choice to be in cold steel 2" contest and come up with McBurn?

Dorothee stop.

>No Ice Male Demon called McFrosty

you cant stop me

Nobody is strong enough to bully McBurn, so he's perpetually a shit.

Could Cassius bully McBurn?

I think Rean will become a Bracer by the end

I hope not.

Rean has to Make Erebonia Great Again.

He will definitely sacrifice himself at the end of 3.

I think Rean will be apart of Ouroboros in the beginning

So is time shenanigans actually a thing? CS1's prologue being different from what actually happens (notably Millium and Crow) really stands out. Then there's events that only happen on NG+.

But who will hug the edge out of the madman?

Yeah in the Crossbell games.

Well Fie is probably a Junior Bracer at the end of CS2. I don't think Rean would be drawn into it the same way.

Remember that Bracers aren't as renowned Erebonia.

I assumed he already was after Crossbell.

Because of his dad. Rean will join them just to make him mad.

>CSIII features a guest writer
>its Takahasi

Keep that hack away from any decent series.

Would Falcom really go all Uchikoshi on us 8 games in?

Unless they already did in Zero/Ao. Not having those games translated makes speculating about CS3 pretty awkward.

Anyone know the name of the theme that plays when you fight a Magic Knight? Or the Divine Knight battles for that matter?

>Listen to my Song!

Awakening?

I just realized the 2 best MQ for mobs are

Genesis and Emblem.

The only issue I have with CS is the budget kills the animation.

Compare the Fie vs Laura fight to Joshua vs Loewe.

Lady Alfin has forgotten something

She really wants that Rean Bean, doesn't she?

>Blade III
>Now with EVEN MORE RNG AND GIMMICKS

Emperor Rean Osbourne Dreichels "Cold Steel" Schwarzer of Erebonia disagrees.

Fuck blade
I swear that shit favors the npcs
>use mirror they use mirror to get their deck back
>use bolt they surprisingly have a 1 and gets back their 7 card

Compare It with Mcburn going full demon and his fight against Laura's dad or Rean going RULES OF NATURE in the intermission, they don't have the budget for FF cutscenes but they can pull some cool shit.

>Son, I want you to salvage this country and return it to glory
>For this task, please have several lolis and a hot policewoman cake and a personal train and airship and a crack squad of my personal handpicked specialists armed with Soldats
>I HATE YOU DAD
>I'M GOING TO BECOME A BRACER AND CAST ARTS REALLY FAST

He has a pretty good reason to.

>hot policewoman cake
it's only christmas eve, user

Toval wants Rean badly. He's taking that ass.

little did they know he was also fast arse guy

Who excited for Trails the 3rd here?

It'll be here before you know it.

It's going to feel kind of weird going backwards in the timeline. 3rd is really going to hype people up even more for Crossbell.

>just finished the infernal castle fights
>have to go to bed
>don't want to stop playing now

I fucking knew I shouldn't have played "the end" of a Kiseki game

You're at a good stopping point, there's a few hours left.

>Get to the last dungeon of CS1
>I'll finally finish the game tonight
>End up finishing two days later

and speaking of that, I don't really understand what happened

I get that I'm not supposed to know a few things, but I'm not super clear on the motivations of everyone.

so ultimately the civil war was orchestrated by Osborne for political gain?

Yes.

everything just felt so circuitous and...well...calamitous. I'm sure there were easier ways to start a war

You can already see how Osborne acts from this. You only got a glimpse of course from the flashbacks of Crown and the others, but this one was just full-blown in your face. He wanted to show what he can do.

Well he already did since TiTS FC and SC.

Wars are hard to start when you need to get somebody else to do it and also believe it was his own idea.

I really wish they didn't make the Noble Alliance so objectively evil. It makes Osbourne look too good despite all the shit he pulled during Trails in the Sky and Crossbell

Yeah for all the talk of grey morality it's always the noble faction in the negative light.

I'm pretty sure that was the plan.

They were so cartoonishly evil that it made the students being a "third faction" have almost no weight.

>CS1's prologue being different from what actually happens (notably Millium and Crow) really stands out.
This happened in Zero no Kiseki too and there was good reason for it, involving causality.

Is Rean going to use a time turner to save Crow and erase Millium from history?

I want to fuck CS3 Rean.

Nah nah you see Osborne is the Voldemort in this equation.

Does anything change if you put the moves on Fie?

>despite all the shit he pulled during Trails in the Sky and Crossbell

He's still pulling it.

Denied Crossbell's independence but then chased off Calvard so it looked like a positive thing.
Promptly tries to seize the Orbal Network Project to cut communications between Crossbell and Liberl/ZCF.
News from Crossbell is forced to travel through Erebonia (or Calvard) to reach Liberl.
Cutting the link between Liberl and Crossbell will likely impede Liberl's military progress, while Erebonia further researches two Divine Knights to improve Soldats.

Osbourne will likely set his sights on ZCF next. Calvard can help prevent it.

>Bleublanc shows up
>fights like a wet blanket
>extended monologue
>shadowbind
>everyone laments how careless they were

Why doesn't the Church just have someone turn him into salt mid-speech?

Church guy was busy being a chuuni at the time.

Was class vii really only supposed to be one year? I don't remember that part.

No, the entire class, minus Rean, just up and decided that they were all just doing one year of school at Thors.

The others just graduated early and went to do other things. Whether the class program itself was intended to run for two years isn't clear.

Just finished CS2 after 2 weeks.

Even after all you guys spoiled it. The ending still got me.

Still, it is pretty damn obvious though that Rean will still be the lead of CS3 and that you will meet the others again. I honestly think there will be a time skip of 2 years for the start of CS3. But I don't think they'll be primary members again, except for a few like Emma, Laura, Millium, and Fie. The others have more pressing obligations, but I'm pretty sure they'll no doubt say yes to Rean whenever like Alisa or Elliot. Gaius can die wherever.

Also, in these 2 games, even after fighting otherworldly stuff, you are still considered WEAK AS FUCK. All the adults had to bail you out each and every time. You all had to go 7 vs 1 and still lose like shit while the Adults can go 1 on 1 no problem. The only reason you mattered is because of Valimar.

Lastly, if there is one thing irritating about them, is that they are too honest. Jesus.

NPCs were good. I actually followed their stories, unlike in TiTS.

Overall, it was a good month for playing these 2 games. Can't wait for CS3.

>Osbourne will likely set his sights on ZCF next
The Liberl crew won't allow it.

How did Olivert and Fast Arts guy managed to hold off against Bleublanc and Dubully, specially a pissed off, flash stepping, doppelgänger spawning Duvalie.

None of them, except arguably Machias, graduated.
Laura, Fie, Jusis, Emma, Gaius, Millium and Alisa withdrew from formal education altogether
Elliot transferred to music school
Machias skipped a year and went to college
Sara went back to being a bracer, which makes you wonder why she ever actually stopped to begin with

Not specified, but the Class VII program was accomplished, so they disbanded early. Only reason Rean was in school anyway is because that will be his homebase for the next year. He could have graduated as well. He just chose to stay because of reasons.

A lot of them have pressing matters to attend to anyway, especially with the rapid changes happening in Erebonia.

There's one character though that left so that she would be able to help Rean more by finding answers and that's Emma. Pretty surprised about that part.

>Sara went back to being a bracer, which makes you wonder why she ever actually stopped to begin with

It was mentioned in CS1. I dunno why it's not an understandable for some.

So the teachers were cramming test answers into their heads for what purpose?

Olivert is strong. He already fought a "Godly" existence in TiTS and already fought Bleublanc then. That fight was nothing to them.

>you are still considered WEAK AS FUCK
That's how Trails is.
Renne alone could take the whole of Class VII without breaking a sweat if she wanted to.

Well they certainly can't afford to.
Isn't the Black Orbment technically still in ZCF?
Liberl and Calvard are most likely still fully reliant on Orbal technologies.

The Shining Ring could be captured with very little resistance at that point. Osbourne could potentially succeed where Weissmann failed.

Both of them are Emma+ casters, and Toval is always holding back in the party because he's an adult.

How would you feel about CS3 if Estelle dies

Don't forget that he lies to his people and claims the attack on Garrelia was unprovoked when it was in fact his men that fired on Crossbell and their defense retaliated in kind, just so he could use that as an excuse to deny their independence and invade them.

Sad. Cassius would wreck the entire continent and there'd be no more Trails games

>Isn't the Black Orbment technically still in ZCF?
Doesn't matter, the Aureole lost its power and is in possession of Ouroboros now anyway. The Gospels won't function without the Aureole.

More like the adults in CS just held their hand when it's obvious that they can't win. Otherwise, it's Class VII's battle.

Which is kinda obvious now why they were just allowed to stay in East Erebonia and not go to the west. Must have been really really bad there for only the adults to go.

during childbirth?

Osborne is evil. The problem is he gets shit done.

No, that would be Fie

>weak as fuck
True, but they could be super strong in the future. A time skip could give them the time to beef up.

Sasuga Osbourne-kun, hopefully he can achieve that world domination together with Rean.

>rean turns heel at the end

so who is going to be the new mc ? laura ? olivert ?

He doesn't really turn heel. He only helped them invade Crossbell because his show of force could be used to end the fighting with minimal casualties. Basically, it was a "either you help us win this easily, or you don't and blood is on your hands" type of thing

Oh right.
Makes me wonder at the same time if it's being used. Considering it can grant wishes, a payment to a certain Jaeger Corps could actually be made. Could also explain Osbourne's feint.

Though it that could be a completely different Sept-Terrion.

Olivert knows too much to work as a point-of-view character unless they take the story in a really unexpected direction. Sarah and Toval might be okay for some bracer perspective, but otherwise you'd probably have to go back to Rean. The rest of the class is busy.

Based on what is said in one of the NewGame+ scenes of CS2, it seems that CS3 is going to be about the two sept-terrions hidden in Erebonia. It will probably involve Ouroboros, Osborne, and Rean's crew battling it out for it in some way. Just my guesses.

>NewGame+ scenes of CS2
I didn't get around to those yet actually.
Are they all related to events where you get the Black Records, or scattered around?
I don't want to accidentally skip through.

Doesn't the Aureole still have a mind of its own and its own aims and objectives regardless of Ouroboros possessing it? The Liber Ark population did lose control of it. Couldn't it start transmitting power to the Black Orbment again, seeing as being stuck in another dimension didn't stop it from doing that in the first place back in FC?

It really can't be any other else for the Erebonian chapter. It's definitely Rean. Also the rest can come back easily, especially Emma since she left because she wants to be able to help Rean. Jusis will have a hard time coming back though if he's still busy, so is Machias. Elliot will be soft as fuck because of Music School.

The black records one is the one that I saw. It's the only one I know about desu

I also couldn't be assed to go in the game and get the scenes myself. You can watch it here

youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg

It lost all its power when Weissman drained it.

Joshua and Kloe OTP

Stop posting Kloe.

Wouldn't happen. Joshua would go full edgelord for revenge against who ever did it and Kloe wouldn't have what it takes to hug the edge out of him like Estelle did.

Class VII was only meant for 1 year you numbnuts. It was a trial course and also an accelerated one. Goddamn you people don't even read what you are playing.

>Rosine was a plant all along.

Shit I always thought she was unusually developed for a mere side character but I never expected this.

I'm paranoid now about what other crazy shit Falcom's been hiding in plain sight.

>There's one character though that left so that she would be able to help Rean more by finding answers and that's Emma.
While that's true, her main reason for leaving is search Vita.

How important is the storyline in Trails in the Sky 3rd compared to rest of the games?

>hurting Renne even more
There's no way anyone at Falcom would allow this unless they're all soulless bastards.

Its huge and pretty much sets up the overall storyline for the whole series.

Extremely important to Zero, important to CS2, and generally important overall since it introduces every Anguis. It will definitely be important for any arc centered on Alteria and possibly any about Ambria.

I really wanna get into this but only have a PS4
Can you play both titles on it?

You can't play any title, just play the first two games on PC. They run on toasters.

Well, thats great to know. Been looking forward to it a lot since Kevin is the main star there. I just didnt know what to expect after TitS SC

You could you the rental thing on the psn store to play ps3 games. I think it's best played on the vita though.

Most of the main story is about Kevin. There's a lot of side content in 3rd that explains a lot of backstory of side characters in Sky, as well as setting up plot threads for the rest of the series and explaining lore (IE what Cassius was doing during FC and why there are no Bracers in Erebonia, what the Pillar of Salt is aside from being another name for EVO, what the fuck is Renne's problem, etc)

>what the fuck is Renne's problem
Other than rape?

There's more wrong with her than just rape.

Didn't know it was out for PC.

Doth thou desire the power?

>Rean revealed to have split personality disorder.
But they already pulled the character with a giant robot and split personality disorder.

Give me some new RPGs to play guys. Just finished both games but I want more.

Trails in the Sky and SC

They're also better than Cold Steel

I already played them.

>They're also better than Cold Steel
Nah not really. If you say CS1 then yes but only just a little. But CS2? Nah. There are a whole lot things better in CS than in TiTS. But they are equal for me. I don't got for nostalgia since I played them all almost at the same time.

Nah, SC is better than CS2 in every regard except that you can't skip animations. CS2 has absolutely nothing on it

Don't respond to cancer.

Nah. Sorry but that's your opinion. For me CS is fine. I don't go for better this or better that beyond what I just said earlier. It's a boring argument.

It's boring because SC is just better in every way, yes.

CS is often compared to P4G but that shit is mainstream so you've probably played it.
For more story shit go play Star Ocean: Second Evolution or Tales of the Abyss for world building.
Or go play some Ys.

I like SC too but you're being delusional 60% of the game is backtracking and the combat isn't as fleshed out.

Sky/Zero/Ao had really good sprites and they were animated really well.

>60% of the game is backtracking
Just like CS2
>and the combat isn't as fleshed out.
Just like the mech fights in CS2 (the rest of the fights might as well not exist since they're just domination/s-craft/chrono burst spam)

user, you know perfectly well he's only trying to start shit as usual.

It's because the combat is more flashy so people act like it's deep.

Nah, he is joining the Ironbloods for the cake and the lolis, plus he has to make Rufus his own personal Egg-machine.

That's why we need him, only he can fight Ouroboros!

The combat in SC is a lot better designed than the one in CS1, that's for sure. In SC the economics of moves is a lot more apparent and just generally tighter than in SC1, which is more forgiving since you got wildly broken spells like Insight that totally fucks the action economy.

Mueller in Nightmare is my favorite RPG boss of all time.

I feel sad that Emma's confession scene is so bad when I like her so much. Even Millium, and Fie had better scenes than her.

Wait really, then what was with all the talk about coming back next year and stuff? I thought Towa was basically asking Rean to take over the Student Council.

She wasn't. She already said that another person was taking over as SC president.

In CS they basically threw balance out the window.
>TITS/Crossbell
>MC gets an AOE strength buff with a medium range
>CS
>MC gets an AOE strength buff with an XL range that also restores CP

>Crossbell
>master quartz that makes you do more damage at low HP - high gain at the cost of high risk and setup
>CS
>master quartz that makes you deal double damage with all attacks, MQ that makes you deal double damage at full HP, and a regular quartz that stacks with either of those

>Tits
>AOE delays cost a minimum of 30 CP
>CS
>AOE delays cost a maximum of 30 CP unless they also have high damage and faint thrown on

>TITS/Crossbell
>CP food/items can be abused to break some fights
>CS
>master quartz that makes those abusable items have range and AOE

And all this in an orbment system where you can just slap on a million stat buffs and still have all the arts you'll need, and where you get free attacks/other benefits for doing things you'd already want to do anyway, and can swap out characters at will

I don't think lost arts were broken or anything but why did they exist.

I agree with a lot of what you say but the aoe delay is kind of disingenuous when bullet cyclone is 45.

I'm pretty sure Bullet Cyclone has some effect other than delay.

It does, high chance of causing seal.

Compare that to Evil Eye which was already broken and costs almost as much CP without applying a good status effect

Evil eye is overrated in SC lategame in my opinion. I didn't actually use it that often because of how much cp and AT it costs. It's a good situational tool in some cases, but that's about it.

S-break in TiTS: Either massive single target damage or pretty high aoe damage
S-break in CS: MASSIVE AOE DAMAGE

In general craft power creep in CS is just silly though

Vivi is going to be the next president. Every named first year is going to be promoted in relevance now that CVII is out of the picture.

I want Rean to take Mcburns title in the third game early on. Show how power hungry he's gotten and shit.

If something happen to Estelle I rather have JoshuaxJosette than JoshuaxKloe

I wonder if Falcom have the balls to make Rean join Ouroboros at the en of Cold Steel III.

>Tales of the Abyss for world building
Maybe I´m just retarded but I found Abbys wordbuilding even more confusing with all the similar terminologies than FFXIII.

>Becky x Hugo
>Makarov x Mary
>Thoma x Sharl
>Alan x Bridget
>Linde and Vivi even more aggresive toward Rean.
>That dyke in Legram x That Agate-like boy
Holy shit my heart.

Don´t forget
AntonxRicky

The boy is literally begging for a staff whipping

How does employment in Ouroboros even work? You can just imagine Sharon telling the grandmaster that she'll be working for someone else for a while but to keep sending her paycheck care of the Reinford Group.

I don't think there's really any paychecks involved. I've always viewed it more as "charity" work in a sense

She probably tell that to Campanella. I don't think you can directly speak to grandmaster unless you are anguis or No.0.

That's probably because everyone was too busy being an asshole or insulting each other to spare enough time to lecture us on what the terminologies meant.

I love those assholes so much, especially Jade.

Anise was terrible trough.

>1st day in the job as an Enforcer
>Rean appears before Olivier
>Says that Olivier is a danger to Ouroboros and needs to be silenced
>Suddenly a girl pops out from behind him and bonks his head with a staff
>Proceeds to lecture him for an hour and bonk him with the staff a few more times
>Rean becomes a Bracer instead like his new hero, the Brainless Bimbo

I like the little things like that.

Nah Natalia is the worst. Might be biased though because i love Luke so much. He's like my brother.

>Linde and Vivi even more aggresive toward Rean

Yeah this two are the next closest to Rean in regards to "like".

But Rean wants that Rosine.

Liked the NPCs a lot in CS. I really followed their stories in CS1 that when I saw them in CS2, I really was kinda happy.

Dude, you need hugs to beat the edge, hugs!

Rean should totally join the Church to tap that.

I like Luke too, that´s why I hate Anise. She goes from Luke-sama! to It´s your fault all those people died! quickly and also hate how she cut slack to the green haired shota but not Luke despite both being manipulated to destroy that city.

This. Frankly in CS2 she was the next closest to Rean after Alisha, especially with her guiding him all through out that game. I don't know hers was just like that.

Yeah, at least her bonding events were nice.

I thought that was more Laura than Emma, considering how the game puts Laura in the position of Sandlot if Rean is Dreichels. Course that kills her chances of winning. Then again, that's probably my bias.

>Celine is actually present during Lord Albireon during the final dungeon in CS1
it's the little things

Is it safe to say anyone with Time quartz slots is a shady fuck hiding something?

Anyone with non-elemental quartz slots is a shady fuck
Prove me wrong

Rest in Peace.

I like time quartz though.
>Action
>Quick cast
>Impede
>Chronos
>Deathblows.
Muh darkness.

Why people call Laura noble confidant? What does it mean?

Muv-luv reference. MC friendzones the shit out of a girl and that's what he calls her.

It's a hilariously bad fan translation from Muv-Luv when the character Meiya gets friendzoned hard by the MC. Meiya and Laura pretty much have the same personalities and quirks plus, they're both sword autists and both are destined to be friendzoned.

Does Rixia like Lloyd or something?

Pic related.

>Rean has his heart replaced with some unnatural thing that made him "mixed" when he was younger
>Osbourne was using him as his test subject for when he does it to himself for his revival
>Osbourne revives Crow by replacing his heart in the same way and using him as a puppet
>Crow goes berserk and starts attacking everything indiscriminately
>Rean calms down Crow and helps him control his power

Calling it

>Crow goes berserk
Crow's already in ogre mode 24/7

Dorothee pls, don't use courageous PC to shitpost on orbalchan.

Mitsurugi Meiya. Blue haired ponytail sword girl who is next up to become the Shogun. The most powerful harem member in combat and the only one who can keep up with MC on the battlefield. Gets NobleConfidantzoned by the MC.

>Yfw church knows about the resurrections
>Kevin used a stake against weissmann
>A stake prevents resurrection by any means
>Church didn't want Weissmann to be resurrected

Seems like we are missing childhood friend for Rean and that time loop shit. Maybe Laura has a chance.

Alisa.

If we're lucky they'll kill of his harem and leave only Sara and I guess Altina is the Kasumi analog.

If that's the case then why was rean able to solo him so easily in the intermission?

>missing time loop
See

Takahashi literally hasn't written anything even remotely interesting since Xenogears.
He's only good at doing one thing right at a time.
With Xenogears, it was the plot
With Xenosaga, it was the characters]
With Xenoblade/X it was the open world

I really hope we get news this December.

Falcom should really forget Tokyo Xanadu.

I'm sure they will release a trailer in December since I believe Falcom said that CS3 is slated for 2017. Tokyo Xanadu is done for the moment since the enhanced version is out anyways.

But shes not his childhood friend

So what was the purpose of the final dungeon? And don't give me the "there was no purpose" -crap

I thought xenoblade was a pretty good all-rounder. I guess it eventually turns into a "LETS KILL GOD" storyline but as a whole it was a nice adventure.

There was no purpose

So i just did Fie's bonding event in Roer, that girl she was talking about was Shirley right?

Way too many asspull twists, especially involving the monado. The mark of any good JRPG is the protagonist actually losing/suffering occasionally, which Shulk never had to deal with because every time he got close to it, MUH MONADO asspull deluxe occurred.

Still the most beautiful open world and a fantastic OST though, worth playing for anybody.

She might as well be because of that one scene. Fucking snow rabbits.

Most likely.

Wait, that was Alisa? I thought it was Elise, if you mean that one picture in ending

It was Alisa. You find this out if you do her bond events in Ymir.

I don't know why Falcom is so set on forcing her down the player's throats when they let you choose anyways. I guess because Alisa really doesn't have any relevancy aside from being Rean's love interest.

These games were never balanced.

I want Rean to be a bad boy in CS3.

Are you fucking kidding me

Can I still get the highest rank if I got two A's for the first two parts? I've only gotten S's since.

You have to get S rank for everything if you want the 315 points before the epilogue

it's not really a childhood friend thing

it's more of "we met once when we were little" which isn't that hard to believe considering how close roer is to ymir and how few people there actually are in ymir.

So I can't get the best accessory prize thing in this playthrough?

>Rosine finally joins Mother Base
>Shes the medic
>Gets to be up close and personal with Rean everytime he comes back from fighting

You can, just in the epilogue.

>all these blatant Alisa shipping scenes
why is Japan so obsessed with worst girl

If you want Lionheart for the final chapter, you need to S rank all acts. It's still possible to get it, as the epilogue gives you 14 extra points

I just remembered, there was something in the game that talked about how history repeated itself and the events would happen again. So the historical reenactment was probably coax out time. So perhaps everything already did happen.

Someone really needs to dick this girl.

>Rean will still be the lead of CS3 and that you will meet the others again

Indeed. Not only has Falcom already completed the work on new models for Rean and company, the scenario is going to be the largest ever and with returning characters from other games, so we'll probably have the 18 from CS2 plus at least half a dozen new characters.

Why was Rean the only one who stayed at School?

Because he's the only one who has zero idea of what he wants to do in life. He's not going to take over Ymir, not going to be a bracer, not going into the army...

Everyone else has goals.

Not elevens, but Falcom. Although Alisa is pretty popular in no small part due to her VA. And Falcom's president even said that if they went into mobile we'd want to do the Magical Alisa game.

But I'll play devil's advocate and say this is a good thing because it increases the chances of her, and by extension everyone else coming back in full force in CS3.

i honestly think trails games would be way improved if they actually killed some playable characters every now and then

make the fact that you're fighting in a terrible war mean something

Rean literally cannot think for himself
The only idea he's had in his entire life is "i should go to military school", everything else is other people guiding him

>Playing 1 because i'm a huge slowpoke
>That scene in Chapter 4 with the giant armor boss

I know that Rean's power was supposed to be a serious moment but all I could do was laugh. I wish I had looked up missables earlier because I missed so much shit that a NG+ is pretty much mandatory.

>Implying that Emma isn't the worst girl

>rean's face

Hello darkness my old friend

I remember someone posting a pic of one of the books that had "Jesus Christ when will someone die" written on its cover
If this wasn't written by Exseed then you might get what you want

That's some massive shit taste.

Emma's boring as fuck.

If anyone dies in CS3 it will either be from the older generation, from Ouroboros or a Valimar or Rean sacrifice.

CVII and whatnot are pretty much safe.

As long as no one from TitS die I´m fine. Trough I want Agate to die so we could have punished Tita

>If this wasn't written by Exseed
Falcom writes it, Xseed translates it.
Besides, a playable character and an unplayable character die in CS2.

>Kill off Estelle
>Renne and Joshua go back to full edge

I know that, what I meant is that maybe the original text on the book was different and the new text was written by the translators

Did that one too.
HNNNNNGH

If they pulled something like that it'd fuck them over into doing more work long-term.

>Just go with the flow
>Rean goes with the flow and he can't decide to do anything for himself

I assume this carries over into the 2nd game and it makes everyone hate him?

From my point of view the ironbloods are evil.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/325902246/#325965617
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351120502/#351121225
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351780226/#351781173
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351669105/#351683487
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351888143/#351894253
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/351888143/#351889214

Your obsession is very strong, apparently.

Nani? Where's the exit?

That´s not me, I study at nigh so I always miss these threads but I´m glad someone think the same.

Oh, it's just randomly unmarked. Sasuga, Falcom

The game demands that you paint the floor with the blood of the monsters.

So, you should go to them and then the path shall be illuminated!

>using 2 sluts
ALL MALE PARTY or go home

Dorothee or Mint: Who's the true villain?

Some of you commoners are alright.

Don't go to Celdic tomorrow.

Say that again, and the last thing you'll ever see is the RMP Elite copypasta about snipers and enemies killed.

how are you gonna bounce your slut beams off of dumb mirrors when i blow them away with MUH WIND?

>Rean goes with the flow and he can't decide to do anything for himself
Rean seems a bit more relatable when I think of it that way.

He'll probably end up working for Osbourne full time until it drives him mad.

>See a couple of (You)s from that

Damn they better make Rean be in Ouroboros in CS3

No. Have some witch

Your farts will be vented into your nose when Claire attacks with her lethal cooking!

Post cute

>I'll follow the recipe to the letter!
>makes unique dish
>I added a few touches myself!

Sorry, but there is nothing cute about Dubully

>implying I wasn't posting that image for McBurn.

Rean took Sara's advice a bit too hard and it really shows since 90% of the stuff that he's done is basically because someone asked him too or dumped him there.

if they're nice they will make scenes that change according to who you picked throughout the game/will pick in the third, sort of like Lloyd scenes in Zero/Ao that also get referenced by his brother.
If not it'll be some unconclusive harem stuff like always.

>Sara's advice a bit too hard
And yet she's bringing up Fie to be a bracer at the end.

It might be a bit difficult this time, the console generation change could make things awkward

alfin pls

>browse old CS1 posts from other places
>they hate best grandad gwynn
>they hate pseudo incest with elise
>they hate fie and alfin
>rean noticing rosine's and emma's figures makes them uncomfortable
jesus christ why is Cred Forums the only place that's full of fags that don't act like fags?

If you choose to go out for her events, yes. Otherwise, not that much.

They clearly aren't weaboo enough. Watch enough anime and you really stop caring.

>Disliking visual novel tier characterization make you a fag

alfin needed a hobby

she spends too much time enjoying the incestuous relationship between Rean and Elise

i dislike it, but i still find it more engaging than:
>HEY ESTELLE YOU AND JOSHUA FUCKIN YET
>W-WHAT!?
repeated 300 fucking times with retard Estelle not catching a fucking hint

Listen, Class VII, take a look at me! What am I?

Prime enforcer material

So headpatting power is genetical?

Does there even exist a character more dense than Estelle? There are no positives about that character.
>Dumb as a rock
>Worst member gameplay-wise
>Dresses like a giant 8 year old

rean's headpat has extra delay on it

Oh yeah, you better believe it.

Millium is the only girl who isn't phased by the headpats.

The very first game of Blade II I played was so fucking catered to the NPC, I started off with a literally unplayavle hand. Opponent started with a , I started with a 1 and only had a fuckton of 2'-5's, a force, and a blast.

You are playing a dangerous game.

Cute in a rather homely way. Imagining Rean as an Otome heroine is kind of scary.

how does it feel that for half of your life you have been basically babysitting a giant retard?

>"Time for ul-tra vi-o-lence. "

Estelle is sort of a jack of all trades character, it's best to use her as support until she can use her S-Craft which is the strongest single target S-Craft in the game.

>jack of all trades
>in a game where multiple characters dominate several trades at once

And? She doesn't excel at any one thing but she also isn't the worst at them. Just use her to buff and heal till it's time to use S-Craft.

that kinda bums me out, i think the dub is above average (also improved between 1 and 2 which is nice), but the fact that japan can sell games based on big name voice actors just shows they're on an entirely different level

honestly id prefer average stats and more customization over someone like rean who is shoehorned into physical/delay

half the fun in sc for me was figuring out quartz setups for estelle based on who else was available

also her final s craft is hueg damage

Just turn her into zodiac/earthwall buffbot

Ready or not

Cold Steel 3 comes!

Make Calvard__ great again

I thought you were in favor of unlimited immigration, no?

Why, that is the case!