God damn how do so many people here dislike these games...

god damn how do so many people here dislike these games? i just fought pic related and that was easily the most fun bit of game play i've experienced in i dont know how long, perhaps ever. kinda ok with my ps4 purchase now despite the fact that a lot of the visuals are incredibly jarring and ugly so far, like they designed the graphics with a moderately high end pc in mind despite it being a ps4 exclusive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCDEDi5gDPo
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Fist of Gratia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Father Gascoigne blew my mind right from the get go with Bloodborne

some people just suck, no reaction time or hand-eye coordination

being good at these games makes them a lot more fun

Because it is on PS4 and Cred Forums is mainly a PC platform.
Since the majority of people like Dark Souls and it's games, this upset a lot of people who can't afford to be idort so they resort to attacking the game itself instead.
The game does suffer from a few design flaws (much like DaS) but is the second best game From Software has put out.

How unfortunate, most of the games I play regularly are PC only but luckily I can kind of run them on my potato so I can somewhat afford it. I'm so happy I'm not too autistic to let le epic console wars get in the way of enjoyment

Bloodborne is From's strongest game

>...hmm? Oh, what's that smell? The sweet blood, oh how it SINGS to me! It's enough to make a man sick!

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

As an idort, I have to disagree. I know DaS had a weak second half, but the level design and combat worked so well together. Blood vial farming and a very difficult early game probably pushed a lot of people away from BB.
However, Bloodborne has a much more interesting world and can be legitimately scary at times.

Most people who have medium to high range PCs and use it as their main platform also have ps4/wii u for exclusives. I sunk over 150 hours into this game, it's faults outweigh its strengths.

Beat bloodborne easily without grinding.

I don't know why people praise it so much. Specially the faggot that keeps pushing this mediocre fight on a daily basis.

Is it just weabs that absolutely adore and idolize this shit because the majority of eastern games are barely better than glorified facebook tier games (not that the west hasn't been stagnant as fuck this rotation) and finally have an actual game so they act like it's gods gift?

I love the atmosphere, but lets be honest, the controls are fucking garbage and only better compared to the dog shit in froms other games.

this game is unfairly shit on for being exclusive when it's easily the best game in the series

Incorrect. Dark Souls 1 is still the best

I had way more fun playing BB than I did with any of the actual Souls games because I thought that the combat and weapons were much more engaging.

Plus, it's got the best bosses in the series, only DaS3's high points can approach it in boss quality

best boss music coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=BCDEDi5gDPo

Post proof. It isn't just a meme used by sony fanboys, it is a legit good game.

Dark souls was my first from game and I always liked the idea of hollows and undead and all the lore and the atmosphere it produced but considering how shit half the game is and the fact that even demons souls has multiple levels that no level in the entire dark souls trilogy came even close to I have to disagree

The music was perfect.

>how do so many people here dislike Bloodborne

since when? BB is near universally acclaimed. if a few people here and there don't like, who gives a shit?

Never played a souls game before BB, 'most fun I've had with a game in years no lie.

people don't dislike the games, people dislike the game accessories that come with it, like the horde of braindead fanboys which are turning it into a fucking cult and all the memes that are being spawned along, with the biggest meme being the games themselves

Just wait until you see Vicar Amelia, and also face off against the best final boss in any souls game.

>wahh why don't people like the things I like!

>game accessories

propane accessories don't apply well onto other things, unlike in other languages, fuck me

Incorrect. The best parts of Dark Souls are just copy pasted bits of Demons Souls with Kings Field shit to fill the gaps where it doesn't fit rushed out to meet Bandai Namco's deadline with a second half that's completely broken.

Artorias of the Abyss is the first time Dark Souls even bothers to have its own identity.

I always noticed that you oft can't discuss souls Bourne without getting flooded with people who are apparently passionate about their dislike of the games but I suppose that's the same with everything on the Internet's

its the most complete game. therefore the strongest

What's that smell?

ITS BLOOD

God damn every bit of footage of this game looks incredible compared to the reality as far as graphics go, the real game is just so many jaggies it's all you can see and incredibly blurry and jaggied up skyboxes. Still a glorious game though

>have a strength/bloodtinge build on NG+
>make a new char, going for skill/arcane, I want to use it with the Rakuyo
>only skill weapon I have is the cane, which I hate, and maybe the saw spear, which I also dislike
I just beat Gascoigne. What weapon should I use? I want a Rakuyo/Burial Blade build but so far weapons are so boring. Goddamn I miss my Kirkhammer.

>Only 50% of the people who have played BB have beaten Vicar Amelia
>Only 60% have beaten Father Gascoine
People cannot handle a game that is willing to ask something of you.

Before The old Hunters my biggest complaint was that there weren't enough bosses like the Father, who demanded you nut up and finish what you started.

BB is a fucking masterpiece, I am greatly disappointed to find out that From has become successful enough to splinter their teams into 2. DS3 was such a let down because of all the quality B-team work.
>b-buh miyazaki was on it!
PR stunt made to fight against the backlash Ds2 got for having a different director. Hell they even admitted he didn't join up to look at the project until it was half-done. On top of this they've annoucned they have 3 more games in the pipeline, 2 of which were happening while DS3 was in development. No way in hell he had the time to direct 3 games at the same time.

fuck off drist

i never found it to be that bad desu . still looks more aesthetically pleasing than ds 3

I got up to blood starved beast at a mates place.

Is there an easy way to get antidotes? 600 each is steep as fuck and I was pretty fucking close to nailing him last time.

Best spells in the series by far. Each has a purpose. None of them are just level 1 fillers you use til you get level 2 and then 3 spells. Also idk how anyone hates pvp. Without the poise nonsense each class doesn't have some retarded advantage over the others.
>40% haven't beaten Gascoine*

What about the controls is "dog shit"?

How can we get this guy banned?

>97% of people have lit a bonfire on ps4 ds3
>3% didn't even walk 30 meters into the game
I really don't get how anyone can give up so early

you cant , just ignore him

what game is this?

nioh

I think it's mainly central yharnam and similar areas, the scale and level detail is just too much for the ps4, It looks good in smaller areas for sure

Why do you want him to be banned? I love Souls more than the majority of you and Nioh is fucking awesome, why does everyone get so intimidated by a dude posting webms? Have you played Nioh at all?

Because he keeps on derailing Bloodborne threads.

BB is much less flawed than DkS and superior to it in combat, movesets, enemies, bosses, level design consistency, mechanic consistency, atmosphere, music, etc. Dark Souls has better cross-world shortcuts, character building elements, level diversity and thats like it.

He just posted his webms, it only gets derailed if everyone replies to him and shit so if you don't want to derail the thread then ignore him.

It's starting a flamewar basically. There's seperate threads for Nioh anyway.

The combat bores me. Sorry.

Why would you even post this? It looks as retarded as the shitty DkS webms

MODS

The longer the series goes on the more these kinds of "people are bad" stats show up.

Bloodborne's stats are so much worse than Dark Souls 3 though holy shit. Beating the game is like at 31% on Dark Souls 3 but the highest ending in Bloodborne is 19.8%.

literally who

drizzt do'urden

go read some fantasy novels

Kill Eileen and then buy the blades of Mercy. Or whatever you have to do for the messengers to sell it.

I just love the aesthetic and the whole hunter theme. And the robes, and how they work with the dodge-dashing (which looks so much better than rolling) is all just freaking great. Also the beast/great one designs are rad

This is some gay weebshit, why would they wreck the game with such a shitty aesthetic?

Why does everyone refer to Rom as a girl? I've yet to see any dialogue referencing that.

Jap Translations maybe?

its called a kappa

>They are sometimes said to take their victims for the purpose of drinking their blood, eating their livers, or gaining power by taking their shirikodama (尻子玉?), a mythical ball said to contain the soul, which is located inside the anus

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but the combat was so sluggish and dull that I just couldn't get through it.

I mean sure, they're challenging (by modern standards) but I'm gonna need a little more than that.

I love how deliciously vague this post is, almost as though you're shitposting and know nothing about it.

Soul of Cinder, despite being fan service wank, was far better than Gherman.

Gherman didn't show up enough or have enough direct influence to feel like a big player. I hate how he pretty much vanishes for the rest of the game after BSB.

Shouldn't be an issue for anyone who isn't autistic.

Does it really have to be every thread man?

But why do it in Bloodborne threads? I come here to talk about Bloodborne, not Nioh.

Because you people are extremely easy to rile up.

You can cheese Eileen to death, or just beeline for the DLC to get the Church Pick or the Beasthunter Saif. The Saif is fucking amazing man.

So he's a shitposter, he should be banned.

Your shit is 100% backwards, it caters to pure weeb autists.

Only people who have been legitimately granted eyes on the inside may reply to this post.

Tell me lads: what things did you see today?

I can't read

>oh no japanese things, the game is ruined!
Nah, I think I've got it straight.

Miyazaki referred to Rom as a her in an interview found in the official guide, IIRC.

Nothing. On reflection, putting eyes on the inside was pretty dumb of me.

But he won't be, so try being an adult and ignoring it.

Sure you do. How many katanas and action figures do you own, faggit?

Honestly Bloodborne made me cum everytime.

I'm not seeing any waifus with large eyes saying oniichan and kimochiiiiii

Can't blame them considering the constant shitpost campaign and effort to make BB another Tortanic.

Dark Souls has superior combat, which makes those other points moot

Faster =/= better

They have terrible game design choices like input delay and queuing. That's plenty enough for me to not like playing them.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

Oh no, what victims.

is it your first video game? congrats op!

>run through chalice dungeons
>fps drops to single digits
>fight amygdala
>fps drops to single digits
>fight Maria
>fps drops everywhere

How am I supposed to enjoy this game when it can't even stay above 25 frames?

But it doesn't.
>Worst movesets in the series.
>Poise in DkS completely destroys the game, cheapening the concepts of spacing timing, and rewarding bad play.
>Humanoids are helpless to BSing.
>Weapons that you stagger like a limp-wristed retard when you miss.
>Infinites up the ass.
>BSes are retardedly overpowered.
>Ranged is retardedly overpowered.
>DWGR.
>Chain BS oki.
>Kick does nothing.
>Infinites up the ass.

Yes he will, I will track him down and frame him for CP.

Are we talking about Bloodborne or overall?

One of my friends, well, former friends, ended up hating this series because they don't believe that losing your souls is necessarily good game design.

When I tried to explain to them that's a psychological risk that ends up being replaced by confidence and just overall in the long run makes you see souls as just simply what they are, currency. Well, they refused to budge that losing what makes the game easier is anything but bad game design.

Oh and that they made five games in a short period of time.

Yeah, you know what, fuck that guy.

You can get away with the claim that DaS1 has better combat than BB when you can demonstrate which DaS1 weapons have depth greater than BB weapons, when you can demonstrate which DaS1 enemies/bosses exhibit more variety in attacks than than the enemies/bosses of BB, and when you can demonstrate why DaS1 has consistently better thought-out encounter design than BB.

I'll wait.

If you're going to put in that much effort at least take out barneyfag while you're at it.

Who the hell is barneyfag?

>

Oh fuck. Forget I said anything.

Bloodborne was genuinely worth the $460, easily one of the best games ever made even with its flaws.

Its genuinely unfortunate that its exclusive to PS4, as its really the only GREAT game for it. But you have to think if the game would even exist in the first place without Sony's involvement.

Bloodborne is basically damage control from Sony over not getting the exclusivity of Dark Souls when Demon's was just a small game on the radar at the time.

I've never even thought of that. Demon's Souls being a poorly presented game is actually the entire reason Dark Souls was even multiplatform. Sony thought the game wouldn't be popular so Namco Bandai published Dark Souls instead. PC fags should be thanking playstation babbies every day that Dark Souls got ported to PC, because the entire series could have very easily been a playstation exclusive.

>FPS drops
Reeks of Summoner Scrub.

>literally everything japanese is autism katana

are you a brony?

>because the entire series could have very easily been a playstation exclusive.
Having played Dark Souls, I don't feel anything of value would have been lost.

>Implying Nioh isn't.

Do you really wanna know?

How well does the game downscale a player when playing co-op via a password? Would running a NG+ character in my friend's NG ruin his experience (i.e., make it too easy)?

I've heard of him because there was this one fag who keeps getting public VPN banned due to his war with barneyfag but I never actually know who that person really was.

Oh, so it's
>everything with a katana is automatically autistic

He's some guy who posts threads with images that are somehow marginally related to mlp and then spams the thread with images he made talking about how much "barneyfags," his term for mlp fans, are shitting up the board.

On FromSoftware, anyone on DS3 (PC) Willing to come help me kill this cunt'.

Its annoying me with my setup and all the summons are absolute fucking garbage that i end up doing the majority of the fight on my own before dieing.

>Blond haired blue eyed american man
>Set in feudal japan
>Only wear samurai armor fighting japanese demons
>All kinds of references to japanese culture in every nook of the game
>Can literally commit harakiri if you get dishonored by the AI enemies
If this game isn't made for weeb autists, then they had me fooled.

Nope. All solo. I would prove it too but I have no flash drive so I can't pull the recordings off my ps4.

doesnt he also have an RSS feed for the word mlp?

Yeah that's the one, that faggot ruined all the best free proxies.

I beat the game solo as well, I didn't have problems with framerate unless I killed like 6 enemies at once.

>implying a game with hari-kari, 2fast4u Katana counters, and Ching-chong 1000 stroke swallowtail cut, and generic Jap demon shit isn't weeb.
Kek.

>game set in japan has references to jap culture
#wow #whoa

I bet you hate Ninja Gaiden you huge faggot.

i wonder what would happen if someone just drugged you and put you in a jungle in africa

Being this rectally rocked.

see
We're in agreement that it's a weeb game then and needs to have it's own thread instead of shitting up all souls threads on the board.

Why on earth would someone spend thier time wondering something so utterly pointless?

I'm not the one who gets triggered whenever I see something Japanese.

Why not? in the end humanity's existence is pointless too

>japan = weeb
oh

Please don't follow up a stupid question with an even stupider statement.

This guy doesnt look autistic.
He looks pretty well groomed.
If he ditched the coat/glasses he'd look decent.

jesus man im just messing with you.

>"I'm not the one who gets triggered whenever I see something Japanese"

Are you fucking retarded? Time to stop posting.

Have you never met a person in your life? Yeesh, and you're calling everyone else autistic.

>Are you fucking retarded?
No, I don't get triggered by things that appear Japanese.

Demon's = Bloodborne > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2

It's really hard to deny how good bloodborne is.

I borrowed my roommates ps4 just to play it. It's really good. Ps4 is shaping up to having a nice library. I might buy one in a year or something

>people think about pointless things sometimes
#wow #whoa

Neither do I. What is your point?

objectively correct. keep up the good work

>Neither do I
>says a game is wrecked because it has a japanese aesthetic
Getting mixed signals here.

because Cred Forums is filled with angry pcucks and nintodders

Muh nostalgia

>comparing DeS to BB
DeS is flawed as fuck and has a lot of issues. BB is WAY beyond it.

Keep on circlejerking user. Nothing makes this fanbase look better than retards who put the Sony Japan Studio collaborations above everything else out of some sort of moronic sense of brand loyalty.

The Souls games are a linear progression of quality that peaks with Bloodborne and starts to decline with DaS3.

>sonyfriends try to tell me bb is totally not another souls game when I said I didn't like ds so why would I like this
>play it
>it is

>WORKS ON MY MACHINE :^)

Idort here, I dropped shitborne at blood starved beast since it completely missed the point of everything that made dark souls fun (builds and discovering new gear).

#KYS or some say #KYSM
And get out of the thread. Talk about NiOh in a NiOh thread for fucks sake. Nobody wants it here.

>missed the point of everything that made dark souls fun (builds and discovering new gear).

You do realise the game offers build variations as well right? (Combination of different builds suited for different weapons, you've got blood gems for your weapons from Chalice Dungeons and Mobs too customize them even more).

At least your honest, but play the game in its entirity or stop shitposting. You're embarassing yourself user.

>doesn't realize there's tons of builds
>hasn't seen every weapon or armor or hunter tool or caryll rune
You're a fucking moron. BB has all of that, you're just a retard.

I don't want to kiss my sister.

Fuck off with this meme shit I'm so fucking SICK of it. Can I make anything from a fist fighting monk to a paladin to a battle mage to a walock? No?

It's fucking shit then.

>muh gorillion builds that play all the same

>DeS is flawed as fuck and has a lot of issues.
So does BB you fucking faggot.

BB has more than one build but it only has one play style. It's fucking boring.

>Can I make anything from a fist fighting monk to a paladin to a battle mage to a walock? No?
It's not that kind of game. But that doesn't change the fact that there's plenty of variety in builds.
> that play all the same
Yeah, you can stop posting now. Anybody who's actually beaten the game will know you're an idiot.

You sound mad, and you haven't played the game liek you've already admitted (First boss).

Instead of getting mad give it another go mate. You might be suprised and enjoy it'. Otherwise simmer down and go play DS.

>>muh gorillion builds that play all the same
This is what I never stood about Bbfags. They say there's 1 billion builds but all the weapons play the exact same.

>Fist fighting monk
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Fist of Gratia

And there's plenty of "Spells" you get in the game, plus you can make regular weapons scale off of bloodtinge or Arcane.

ERRY TIME

>DeS is flawed as fuck and has a lot of issues. BB is WAY beyond it.

Nothing in BB matches the atmosphere of DeS.

DeS is the progenitor of the series and deservedly gets some slacks for not being as polished. The core designs of the game are still some of the best in the series.

>it only has one play style
That's factually wrong. Clearly you're inexperienced with the game. Arcane and Bloodtinge builds handle quite differently and then you have to consider various gimmick weapons and other things like hybrid builds or unique chalice gem setups. There isn't a HUGE variety, but it exists.

>all the weapons play the exact same.
Again, you're only demonstrating the fact that you haven't played or beaten the game.

Beast Claws don't play the same as Bloodletter which doesn't play the same as Amygdalan Arm which doesn't play the same as Burial Blade which doesn't play the same as Reiterpallasch etc etc etc etc

BB's weapons are almost all very distinct from a gameplay and playstyle standpoint. There's very little overlap aside from the spear/cleaver/saif. And then you have to consider the fact that each of these weapons has a relatively big and varied moveset with various kinds of damage and all sorts of utility.

:^)

>muh atmosphere
Go back to Fallout 3, faggot.

If it's any consolation, kitty, I will probably be the one getting banned. lel

>Nothing in BB matches the atmosphere of DeS.
You're literally retarded. BB has all of that atmopshere along with better bosses, mechanics, graphics, sound design, multiplayer, replayability and game balance
>deservedly gets some slacks for not being as polished.
No it doesn't. Flaws are flaws. Shortcomings are shortcomings. Every Souls game that came after is objectively an improvement in nearly every respect. BB represents the absolute pinnacle of that improvement. DeS pales in comparison you fanboy shitstain.
>So does BB you fucking faggot.
None of which are as numerous, severe or damaging to the overall experience as what DeS has. It's the 1st effort to make a game in that style. It's pretty much inescapable that it's going to be inferior to the 4th effort.

>Play a game that long you hate
discarded.

I don't understand.
You didn't really respond too me but linked me in an extremely autistic post for (you's).

>all this replying to obvious bait
And you people wonder why your threads are so shit.

No, you are literally stupid beyond belief. DeS has the better atmosphere and comparable designs. BB gets huge points deducted for the awful chalice dungeon system and the questionable co-op mechanic.

DeS = BB > DaS > DaS 3 > DaS 2 is the golden standard for anyone who isnt a braindead Berniebro

I've put 200 hours into this game retard, all the builds are basically the exact same. From Kirk Hammer to the Meme Blade to Reiterpallasch and the Chikage, they all handle exactly the same outside of speed and power. There are no major differences in play style between the builds.

Don't forget how BB has shit optimization.

>des anywhere near the top
>worst mechanics
>worst bosses
>worst ost
nah

>DeS has the better atmosphere
No. It's objectively and measurably inferior. Your preferences aren't an objective measure for quality.
>BB gets huge points deducted for the awful chalice dungeon system and the questionable co-op mechanic.
The chalice dungeons are fucking great and the co-op works perfectly fine.

>200 hours
That's cute. I've got 1200. You're wrong.

>Memeblade plays the same as Chikage
You couldn't possibly post anything dumber if you tried. Seriously. Stop posting. You're dumb.

Man i liked the chalice dungeons . I thought they had great challenge. Also they were spooky at times which made things tense every now and then

>worst ost

Found the Cred Forums shitter

Astraea > literally every other track in the series besides Lord of Cinder

Oh!… what's that smell? … the sweet (you)s, oh they sing to me. It's enough to make anons sick.

No, the Chalice is a good idea executed horrendously, it's a blight on the game and no amount of your autistimo rage will change that.

DeS has objectively better atmosphere and comparable level/enemy designs, while being admittedly simpler in some aspects. Your shit tier preferences arent objective at all, clearly demonstrated by you actually thinking CDs were "fucking great"

>they don't playt he same becaus eI say so

Good lord Bloodborne faggots are fucking desperate.

>Found the Cred Forums shitter
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Are you fucking high? The Chalice Dungeons are fucking awful and the game would be better without it.

wrong map bro

Reminder:

Demon's Souls = Bloodborne > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2 > Witcher 3 > Lords of the Fallen

Just stick to spanish, spic.

Are you new? Cred Forums will always be contrarian whether or not it's justified.
Also to be fair Gascoigne is probably in the top 3 most fun boss fights in the game.

Never said I hated it, learn to read and* comprehend ya dumb bitch.

You forgot to mention that there isn't a single level in the entire dark souls trilogy that's on the same level as most of demons souls and that the combat mechanics of Des are exactly the same but smoother and missing a few moves that das added. I think bloodborne being better is a respectable opinion though I don't know if I share it but implying dark souls is better is just comical

>doesn't enjoy root chalices
>didn't slowly clear the chalice content alongside the main game
my pleb detector is going crazy

>This greatsword plays the same as this Katana with an hp drain mechanic!

>thats like it

opinion discarded

I liked the game but people saying this casual filter boss fight is some sort of mindblowing experience is fucking retarded

What's the recommended minimum for DLC? I went in at 85 and I find myself progressing a bit slowly.

>randomly generated extremely challenging dungeons are a blight
Thanks for giving me further proof of your pleb status

>DeS has objectively better atmosphere
It can't. The graphics are dogshit, the levels are smaller, less detailed and less populated and the sound design is inferior in every way. Fuck off already.

>not enjoying copy paste dungeons with shitty bosses and bland layouts makes someone a pleb

>sword literally cuts through him
>teleports into his hand

stop posting these shitty webms

>mu-muh graphics

Oh sorry, thought you weren't trolling for a second there. Carry on then.

you're at an appropriate level. I'd say 70-90 is what you should be. It doesn't really get any harder outside of 1-2 enemies. The first area and boss is basically the same as the last area and boss.

>tfw doing the DLC at level 50

Are you seriously implying that Gascoigne is anything more than a "Okay, now get good" fight?

Once you're actually used to the combat he's piss easy

I am implying you got caught with shitty bait, idiot.

>>muh atmosphere

You're holding yourself back from full enjoyment of video games. I sincerely hope you realize this as you grow older.

>get blown out definitively
>deflect, move the goalpost and leave the thread

Well done.

You've broken up the large areas in Bloodborne to make it seem like it's bigger than it is. Bloodborne's level design is almost identical to DS3 save a few connections that lead back to previous areas.

>CD
>challenging

Every video game has atmosphere, you fucking pleb. Just because you like one more than another doesn't make it an argument.

He's piss easy when you know what you're doing but otherwise he's the first fight in the game that really makes use of the mechanics and speed of the game and shows how fun the game can be. Obviously if you're super l33t hcore gamer with mid functioning autism on Cred Forums it's not going to be special

>all these angry underage BBfags too young to have played the series from the start to finish properly

Not even mad, I pity you.

Holy shit you really are too retarded to get it aren't you

Defiled is a bitch, and Pthumerian Descendant pushed my shit in.

Not an argument.

The great bdirge is in Central Yharnam

The Grand Cathedral, Healing Church Workshop, and Abandoned old Workshop are also in the Cathedral Ward. They are not really their own areas.

Advent Plaza is inside of Yahar'gul

Did this piece of shit actually split Mergo's Loft away from Nightmare of Mensis? They're the same fucking level.

The church of the good chalice is just a boss room, it's a part of Old Yharnam.

Again with splitting tiny areas into their own spot? Logarius' Seat and the Vileblood Queen Chamber are all a part of Castle Cainhurst.

Amygdala chamber is a part of the Nightmare Frontier.

Who the fuck designed this garbage?

>defiled is a bitch

If you're fucking stupid.

Whats your point? Bb isn't my favourite but it's certainly tied for best, and i have done exactly that aside from playing demons souls second then das2 bb and then 3. Dont tell me you're here to imply any dark souls is the best one in the series

Now I'm confused, I thought by ">muh atmosphere" you meant that you put no value in the atmosphere of a video game and don't see it as a valid argument for a game's worth.

Specifically it came off to me like you don't even understand or perceive atmosphere in a game.

>certainly tied for best

Wrong

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are easily the best in the series.

Probably the same retard who madeThis is comming from someone who thinks das2 and 3 are the worst of the 5 games

Wrong, Dark Souls is on the PC. That makes it worse by default

Demon's and BB are the best two games in the series.

Tips trilby

What is it about Dark Souls (The first game) that makes it better than Bloodborne?

I don't really understand.
Yeah perhaps the level design was more clever but i don't see anything else that it gains bonus points for in comparison to Bloodborne.

Bloodborne has a higher skill level as well since you can't use shields, the enemies are more threatening and looming. They both had great DLC and while i can say some of the boss fights were more memorable in DS than BB (Ornstien & Smough + Artorias + Mannis) BB had the better overall boss fights.

>CRF Root Dungeons
>Not Challenging
They're randomly generated. They can have incredibly bullshit layouts.

>boss does only fire damage
>boss arena has oil for a floor
or
>Hemwick Witches everywhere
>Spider Maidens everywhere
>NPC Hunters
>Unreasonable combinations of the above in tandem with traps

Again, you're only proving that you're part of the casualfag fanbase who never got into chalices properly. I bet if you ever even finished the main ones and generated depth 5 CRF dungeons, you only did community glyphs to farm layer one bosses to get gems for pvp.

Get out of my face casual.

>any of those 3 boss fights even close to Ludwig or orphan

>Dark Souls (The first game)

>parry bait: the boss
>hard
>ever

Yeah, you must be retarded.

I value it as a game aspect not as an argument, hence, the fallout 3 example.

>Dark Souls (The first game)

Liike i said overall Bloodborne has better boss fights and like i said the only interesting DS boss fights were the DLC and the Anor Londo fight'.

Ludwig was fucking annoying (While interesting) but yeah, Orphas was a boss.

Keep making a compelling argument.

>acknowledginh the shit stain that is DeS
Nothing interesting happens in that game.

>>boss does only fire damage
>>boss arena has oil for a floor
You mean the center? Then don't touch the oil you fucking retard. It's not hard. It's like bitching about the BSB boss with the poison floor. Don't jump into the poison area and you don't fucking die.

>>Spider Maidens everywhere
Lure the spiders into a hole and they're stuck. Not hard.

>>Hemwick Witches everywhere
Is this supposed to be challenging? Those are the gayest enemies int he game and their summons are shit too.

>>NPC Hunters
The only hard one is the Bloody Crow.

Top fucking kek, my sides.

Funny how you didn't even mention bosses roaming the levels yet bitch about irrelevant shit. GTFO faggot.

>>DeS has objectively better atmosphere
>It can't. The graphics are dogshit, the levels are smaller, less detailed and less populated and the sound design is inferior in every way.

Graphics, level sizes, details and populations don't have to effect atmosphere at all. You're right about those details being better in BB but I don't see what it has to do with atmosphere.

For me the DeS atmosphere is superior to DS because less is explained. The areas feel more interesting and frightening because you assume it's taking place in the real world of that era, not in some remote land of the Gods. I see DS-DS3 as prequels to DeS.

I absolutely fell in love with dark souls and played it first and all and it's lore and atmosphere are top tier and has a place in my heart but half the levels are shit and upon latter playthroughs you realize that there is nothing particularly good about the "good" levels aside from a few high points. BB is way more well rounded and fun and ofcourse Des has several levels that most of the series doesn't even come close to

>Pthumerian Descendant
>hard
>EVER

I wonder why no one learns to use the gun, it parries and staggers almost every humanoid enemy. BB is a cake walk because of that and the generous amount of vials and you can recover a good amount of HP with visceral attacks

If you are button mashing R1 you're doing it wrong. The game is not hard you're just retarded.

Don't forget rally.

Bloodborne is easily the most casual souls game ever.

He is right pthumerians are easy as fuck. Get good.

Tfw no reply

If you don't count the chalices it is the easiest souls game along with DS3.

I nver said it was difficult you retard, i said you don't get to use shields which is something from prior games most people wouldn't be used too.

Thus the difficulty curve is refreshing and nice in Bloodborne since you're forced to keep on your toes and parry.

you're better of going to bbg. there are only shitposters here

You never need to farm for blood vials unless you're an absolute trainwreck at the game.
I only found out that vials were limited when I fought Orphan of Kos.

Oh so you're saying opinion on atmosphere is too subjective to bring up in an argument about the game? That's true but you could say that about almost every point brought up in every argument on this board. We're all just arguing opinions pointlessly.

Fallout 3 atmosphere>Fallout New Vegas atmosphere

It's the random encounters, they make the wasteland feel more alive

The difficulty curve is no different from any souls game, secondly the gun makes it easier because you don't need to be near the enemy to parry him, you can do from reasonable distance.

You're lying, I wonder if you have played the game at all.

>bosses roaming the levels
Because they're never hard and extremely rare. They have nerfed damage and HP and most can be cheesed easily because they can't hit you while you're above or below them or down a narrow hall or whatever the fuck else. Shit, you can just poison some of them and walk away.
>You mean the center?
No. I mean the entire arena.
>The rest of your deflections
Fucking pathetic deflections user. You're talking big, but we both know you haven't cleared any CRF Depth 5 Root Dungeons. You probably don't even realize that CRF means you're at half HP and there's special buffed enemies who deal massive damage. I bet you don't even realize all the unique stuff there is to find and experience in the chalices.

There's all sorts of crazy stuff. For example, last time I went spelunking, I found Cramped Caskets in a chalice. Not that exciting on it's own, but then I found one that had no casket and would chase me at maximum speed nonstop without rest and that had none of the usual "territory" limitations most Souls game monsters and npcs exhibit. It would chase me to the ends of the earth, much the way spiders do.

Giants drop like what? 2 blood vials each? You're fucking lying.

Yes. You will do too much damage.

Are you posting that enemy like it's supposed to be some kind of argument for the games difficulty? They can get stunlocked by any weapon in the game.

>Are you posting that enemy like it's supposed to be some kind of argument for the games difficulty?
Did you even fucking read the god damn post?

Giants can drop 4 or 5. Yharnamites only drop 2. The Executioners can also drop as many as the giants.

Here's your (You)

You earned it, I'm appalled

The chalices are another different game on their own, but the main game is easy as fuck. If it wasn't for the chalices I would say BB is the worst by far.

I did, I still don't see how it's sutpposed to be any indication of how hard the game is. Those guys have no health and can get stunlocked into infinity. They're incredibly easy to deal with, even in groups.

I was really hoping the old one would end up being an old one, especially since Gascoigne said umbasa In the alpha

I meant be a great one

>Graphics, level sizes, details and populations don't have to effect atmosphere at all.
Yeah, but in this case they do. The games are made by a lot of the same people. BB is the same artists who made DeS's atmosphere, working with a lot more freedom and computing power. It's better. Objectively. Unarguably. It does more, has more and is more. It's better.

One may prefer DeS over BB is that's their opinion, but the reality is that BB's atmosphere is significantly superior in a real measurable way.

>I did
Then you should kill yourself because your reading comprehension skills are woefully inadequate. Not only that, but you're also only proving that you either didn't play the game or at all or hardly played it much, because you shouldn't be confused about the inclusion of that image in relation to the post at all. It's a picture of a Cramped Casket. You fucking moron.

Yeah you're going to do too much damage, but you can play that as a mentor or teacher type character, focus mostly on distracting enemies and bosses, and step in with superior damage just enough to help out.

How is DeS BETTER than DS, BB & DS3.

Go on, i'll wait.

Not him but des is better than das3, das3 is trash while des has a unique factor to it

>says I don't know how to read
>Somehow thinks I'm not talking about the stupid bone casket enemy

Fuck off retard. Learn how to not be fucking stupid before replying to posts.

The Cramped Caskets are fucking jokes and if you actually think they're hard you just suck at the game.

Better atmosphere and better level design. It also has more memorable and unique bosses and has the best lore and story. Also best Waifu and best hub world.

It's better than Bloodborne and DS3 at least, not sure about DaS because I haven't played it in a long time.

nonsense the fucking post lmao

And if you were even remotely literate, you'd know I never claimed they were dangerous or hard.

>dude this thing I bumped into is fucking crazy
>n-no it's not hard at all
>why am I mentioning it in an argument of the CD difficulty? What are you retarded or something?
>fuck off retard

This is how you sound. Literally kill yourself ASAP.

People on here love Bloodborne, consistently called the best souls game in most souls threads.

Reasoning is because ps4 players only have 1 good exclusive so they latch onto it.

Bloodborne is garbage

>fail miserably at simple reading comprehension
>sperg out
>deflect and play damage control on an anonymous website.

You're pathetic.

Ng+ and started collecting the spells. Apparently I missed a lot.

Blacksky Eye is amazing. Recently got Executioners Gloves but have not used it yet really.

I'm pathetic? You're the one desperately trying to argue that the Chalice Dungeons are hard by posting enemies that are extremely easy to kill.

>b-but it chased me everywhere...

So fucking what?

You are really retarded and stupid if you think the gaming community has gamers in it, most "gamers" are low IQ subhumans who think interactive movies like Analcharted 4, a fags end and The Last of Cucks are games, lmfao.

Bloodborne is a real game, it focuses on GAMEPLAY and it is the only good game on PS4.

Interactive movies and female "gamers" are what is ruining the industry and hobby.

They're slow, too sloe

DELETE THIS HOLY SHIT

I'm posting those enemies because randomly generated dungeons can put fucking 4 of them in one small room with fire dart traps everywhere.

They are unarguably the hardest shit in the whole Souls series because randomly generated content means things can be incredibly unfair.

Meg, I don't see how some fps drops every once and a while cancel out everything good the game does, and that dude in the WebM died because he's retarded so if that was supposed to add to your point, it doesn't

>Mfw fucking dogs

Whoever made these things should be castrated. Who thought this was ok? I'm in forbidden forest and ready to pull out my hair

I disagree.

>It's better. Objectively. Unarguably. It does more, has more and is more. It's better.

>One may prefer DeS over BB is that's their opinion, but the reality is that BB's atmosphere is significantly superior in a real measurable way.

You seem rational but I don't understand how you can argue objective vs subjective and then state that your opinion is absolute truth. Yes BB has more detail in it's environments because it was made for a more powerful console than DeS. The core of our argument as far as I'm concerned is the setting, medieval vs victorian, and I just prefer the ancient medieval as a setting for this kind of game.

And then nostalgia has to be factored in of course, did you play DeS first? It will always hold a special place in my heart as the first game of this kind that I played.

>So fucking what?
So it's a unique enemy. Chalice dungeons have unique content in them that's worth finding. even if it's just a variation on an old enemy. You can never know what's coming.

Saving this one .

Executioners gloves is good because of the distance, homing and it knocks down targets.

Much better than Blacksky eye except for maybe damage.

What makes you think it wasn't a Great One?

Because people that don't own PS4 hate PS4. Usually Nintendo fanboys. Sometimes PC, but PC has games so there's not much need for hate on their end.

>atmosphere
>better in a measurable way

lel

>game froze because the PS4 is garbage
>"lol it's the player fault lmao"

AHAHAHA HOLY SHIT SONYGGERS

>doesn't realize any sort of bloodtinge damage ragdolls them
Just shoot them.

None of this is about my opinion. Factually speaking, BB's atmosphere is better. It's got better graphics, better sound design, more detailed environments that are more pupulated by more dynamic enemies.

It's better.

The dogs are piss easy, just move around a little and they can't hit you.

Jesus Christ are all you faggots awful at this game?

Its a complete mystery

Uuuuh what? That would have happened weather or not it locked up, not sure what you're on about

I did not imply it was BETTER than the other games, that's a matter of personal opinion.

My issue is with this viewpoint:
>Nothing interesting happens in that game.

>Better music
>better NPCs and more memorable, unique bosses
>better atmosphere
>bigger surprises/twists
>better spell system

Demon Souls styles all over the competition

Goddamn that ass
Salsa por favor

I'm the one who made that webm you fucking idiot. The game slowed down to a crawl and the controller stopped responding. By the time it started working again it was too late to respond.

How is it that Google Images can't find a comic panel?

Why does "tie" have to be a word with a related meaning to remove the only distinctive search tool?

It's the fact that they are so janky and always get a free dodge

does this game only have like 1 play style or is it diverse in weaponry?

>Cred Forums filename
Yeah, right.

there is diverse weaponry .You can use magic as well

I find it funnier that everything in Dark Souls 1 that people love is just chinese knock offs of Demons Souls content and the moment they stop rehashing Demons is the moment the game completely falls apart into an unfinished mess with bad bosses and shittier enemies.

Why don't you try reverse image searching it and see what shows up? I posted it in another thread a few days ago, dumb ass. Look it up in the archive if you don't believe me.

>this damage control

Objective facts incoming:

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS > DaS2

>damage controlling this much just to defend your piece of shit game

i didn't realize Chinese ripoff were far superior

dark souls 1 world/level design is much better than demons souls old school style sonic stage select

>different filenames
Nice suicide there.

>he doesn't use 4chanX

>this damage control

>he doesn't use the filename randomizer in Cred Forums x

Lol sonyggers really are delusional. Go ahead and pretend like Bloodborne is some flawless gem, i'll just sit here laughing at you.

We all know you're lying, you're literally digging your own grave here.

I tried to be understanding bro, I really did.

>None of this is about my opinion. Factually speaking, BB's atmosphere is better.

Can you really not see the issue with those sentences?

I get it, you like how pretty BB is, how many details there are in the architecture and how you get more fights out of the same copy-pasted enemies over and over.

It seems like what you want to say is "Factually speaking, BB's graphics and level design are more detailed."

Is that all you base your opinion on?

>we

This is what happens when you like a chinese knock off. You convince yourself that it's better to justify your horrible tastes with a comparison that makes no sense while linking the wrong post all together.

Don't even try and delete it fag. We all saw you fuck up, just like Miyazaki fucked up Bed of Chaos.

Everyone in the thread could see that he's making excuses after excuses.

>Can you really not see the issue with those sentences?
No. Because they're true. BB is better at everything that makes up game atmosphere.

It's not about subjective opinions. It's about facts.

There's 4 weapon types
3 stances for each with different skills

There's way more than that. The Beta had 4. The main game is gonna have more than 10.

Different guy but come on, user, I have never seen anyone use the fists of Gratia in any useful capacity

nvm found it

The game didn't just magically ignore the controller, the respond time was delayed at the same rate everything around you was delayed and you got fucked then splurged out about buying a game that's too hard for you

It's crazy good for helping to stagger bosses. But if you wanna use fists, that's still possible. Just go full arcane build and wield the kos parasite without a milkweed rune. This lets you punch with enough damage to be viable for PvE/PvP

That's because, like all games, there are optimum builds, niche builds, and joke builds.

I like to play a disco dancing cosmic cauliflower that sonatas the moon on a starry night over the river. Doesn't make it the best build.

>No. It's objectively and measurably inferior. Your preferences aren't an objective measure for quality.

Objectively and measurably demonstrate how Bloodborne is superior to Demon's Souls in atmosphere then if you're so great.

Possibility isn't the only important factor here. Viability is a relevant concern. Consider the whips in the Souls games, they are strictly worse than most of the other weapons. I can appreciate that some people want such weapons and that they are catered to, I just wish more effort was put into creating a power balance.

>Demon's Souls
Amazing. It was like nothing I'd ever played before. It was like a hardcore Zelda that didn't hold your hand which is what I always wanted since I was a kid.

>Dark Souls
Took the working formula of Demon's Souls and turned it on it's head by having it be open world. Felt refreshing while still being fundamentally the same

>Dark Souls 2
No real new ideas present. The definition of a rehash. I wouldn't even mind it, but they fucked up the engine since everything feels like dogshit. Also they nerfed the only fun thing about the game which was spamming lightning bolts like Zeus.

>Bloodborne
A return to form, but a bit on the barebones side. I would've prefered if it wasn't linear. It has some of the best and worst boss fights in the series (Orphan, Gas, Gehrman, Maria, being best, Rom, one reborn, micolash, being worst)

>Dark Souls 3
Linear. Nothing new added to the table. Feels like a lazy ripoff of Bloodborne which 90%of the player base won't notice. Lots of retarded shit like horrible bosses.

Have 0 interest in the DLC, just like teh DS2 DLC since I think the base game isn't very good.

That's how I view the series. If bloodborne had better bosses over all it would be better, but Demon's and Dark Souls are still top

>some people just suck, no reaction time or hand-eye coordination

It's got more to do with the fact that the combat is boring as fuck. Rolling until you see an opening and then rolling some more are not appealing to me.

source on this?

I already explained it. To demonstrate, I'd have to put together a big fucking youtube video with direct comparisons of captured footage. There's not even a single spot in DeS that can really compete with the oppressive atmosphere of Yahar'gul during the blood moon. Amygdalas all over the place raining down cosmic mayhem, twisted yharnamites spawning out of pools of blood. The endless chiming of the bell maidens. All the horrific scenes of corpses fused into walls. Bloodborne is on a whole other level.

The sound design alone is miles ahead of DeS. Most people even acknowledge that sound is the most important element of atmosphere. It's a huge factor. Go play through DeS with a headset and then do the same for BB. If you think DeS's sound design is even remotely close to the quality of BB's then you're fucking deaf.

The visuals are lightyears ahead in terms of details, lighting, particle, texure and animation quality. Each individual area or enemy demonstrates a lot more character and creates a stronger atmosphere thanks to the increased allowances for detail and quality.

The enemies are much more dynamic, which ties into the above issues but is also it's own property. DeS doesn't have anything like the unique/contextual dialogue lines the various Yharnamites can use. It has no equivalent for the hellscape of the Hunter's Nightmare, where the hunters and beasts fight each without even paying any mind to you. Not to mention all the various aural identities they create for various enemies and how that plays out. Does DeS have anything like the screaming ghosts at Castle Cainhurst? What about the beasts of Old Yharnam who're holding a Communion service in the Chapel until you light it on fire? DeS has none of that.

>My opinions are objective facts

Oh well, we almost had a discussion.

>sound design is miles ahead of Demon's Souls

I'd give you that, if a shitload of the sounds weren't recycled directly from Demon's Souls lol.

>EVERYTHING IS OPINIONS

I fucking love weak-minded american millennials.

>there's some recycled sounds
>so that outweighs and negates all the incredible new sounds

Okie.

No, not everything. Just your personal beliefs regarding Bloodborne vs Demon's Souls in this discussion.

When you try to place this argument on such a global scale, you only admit that you can't carry on the discussion any longer.

Father G is just a casual filter boss (or a Wake-Up Call Boss if you prefer TVTropes). While I do really like him I don't think he is deserves to be put on a pedestal or anything.

I went at that shit on my second file at level 98.

It's easy to level up when you unlock Chalice Dungeons.

Chances are they're Canadians.

Canadians are a blight and must be thwarted. Behind every single ass ravaged American SJW hipster shit is a Canadian puppeteer.

Au, tis.
Or some say, "tism"...

Who that has actually played this game dislikes it?

I like it, but it's also my least favorite

Comfiest game ever made