How good are you at Revenge of Shinobi

How good are you at Revenge of Shinobi

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4P3_CKbL0q8
youtube.com/watch?v=m-Z3uVXV2EQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lTDOwH6CtRc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When I played it as a kid I remember getting much further, but now when I play it on emulator the fucking samurai boss keeps fucking up my shit so I don't have enough lives to progress

I've never been good enough to beat this, Arcade Shinobi, or Arcade Shadow Dancer. I wish I was.

In played it as a kid and used to get so fucking frustrated. That at the fucking Bruce Lee fighting game because I didn't realise nun-chuk mode was a thing. If you go on YouTube and find a guy called "MrGStar321" or something like that, he's some dank aussie cunt who plays all these old games and he's really good at them. No adverts, no bullshitting about. Just really good commentary, very chill guy, one of the only youtubers I watch

That Dragon game was a real piece of shit.

Yeah it was fucking outrageous. He also does that and nails it but when I was younger I spent so long of my life getting good at that game. I remember a handful of times getting to the very end where you fight death and just getting raped. I only found out like a couple of months ago about nunchuk mode and that was the only way to beat him. I finally made peace with that game but it was just one of those retro games where you had to practice for fucking weeks of your life just to get closer and closer, like the original Mortal Kombat games. I don't think I ever actually got past Goro as a kid, but I remember it as a defining moment of my childhood just getting to him

Also, I only found out recently it gone done for copyright. Even as a kid I was wildly confused that The Terminator, Barman and Spider-Man were bosses.

>fight death

I know exactly what you mean, it's supposed to be the embodiment of the 'curse' against Bruce Lee so I guess it makes sense that he kicks your ass but fuck was it hard, like way harder than most fighting game bosses. I'd rather fight Goro, Kintaro, and Motaro all on one health bar over that asshole. Extremely frustrating game.

Breddy gud, but Sūpā Shinobu II is superiour in every way. Except maybe hipster cred.

Decent, I could manage with a single life. Still working on my no shuriken run.

beaten it.

I've gotten as far as the first boss. No idea what the strategy is there.

I can beat it on original hardware

Bait him into swinging, then hit him in the head.

Walk forward to lure his slash, walk back out and jump and shuriken him in the face

spam Mijin

Death was just one of the most disgusting fights to exist in video games. Fight begins at like 34 mins, he hadn't lost a life the entire way through, barely takes any damage, and still gets whacked by death on his first attempt. It's just pure hardness.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4P3_CKbL0q8

it was the worst of the shinobi games on genesis so i'm not too worried about it. how they managed to fuck up the tight arcade platforming with this floaty ass bullshit i will never understand. the other games were good

I mean look at that bullshit. There was no indication at any point in the game that you had to press light punch and forward as a finishing move to kill him. Even now I can feel the rage from 20 years ago echoing through me. What the fuck.

> He never staggers
> Does foul fucking damage with each attack
> He can stunlock you
> He can teleport
> He has around twice as much range as you
> He needs to be finished off in a particular way that was never even hinted at

They dont make games like they used to.

Better than you, faggot. You wanna fight me?

I will rock your shit, you little bitch.

I felt some ptsd too, I skipped around the video to see some of the other fights and I remember fighting that end guy more often. Was there a fail state that forced you to fight him? I remember something like this

Yeah every time you lost the game (you got three lives and I think you could get more) you had to fight him regardless, but I dont think you "won the game" if you beat him afterwards if you got to him from losing all your continues.

twitch,tv/busterman_tv

This guy's pretty damn good tbqh.

Only in terms of controls and graphics. Music and level designs are SHIT compared to RoS.

>That Spider-Man level

I'll agree with level design but not music. Whirlwind, Idaten and Solitary are the shit.

Besides, it's hard to compete when you have Yuzo Koshiro.

Both are pretty good but 3 felt more like an action ninja game soundtrack while Revenge was more of a strollin' down the street hip hop ost

youtube.com/watch?v=m-Z3uVXV2EQ

What a terrible night to have a beat.

Are Shinobi and Shadow Dancer better than the Super Shinobis?

The arcade games? I don't know, it's hard to compare Shinobi games since they always try to reinvent the formula.

Didn't get to play Revenge of the shinobi but I played this:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbmsZWm-t7w

It's hard to say since it's like comparing dmc and ninja gaiden. The arcade games focus on searching the levels for hostages and then heading for the exit with some platforming thrown. Shinobi 3 is pure platforming action while Revenge is slower paced and significantly more difficult.

Shadow Dancer or Revenge of Shinobi?

>youtube.com/watch?v=lTDOwH6CtRc

>that fucking jump at the end of the harbor
>no magic left

This brought back nightmares. I want to find my Genesis now.

I've beaten it a few times. That nightclub ninja disco fight was annoying.

I bought this game last month because I heard Yuzo Koshiro did the soundtrack. Ten hours in, and I still can't beat Arnold Shortsnizzer. So I'd say I am Bad.

Goddamn, thank you for this. I've never heard of this game.

>tfw abusing savescumming in emulator to beat this game and Shinobi III

I've beaten it, but I had to scrub out and use a guide on the labyrinth at the end, because holy fucking moly, FUCK that level.

/r/'ing an edit of the bad end of Revenge with the "You're gunna carry that weight" text on it.

>tfw trying to remember the songs in this game
>THIS ONE

Fuck yeah. This and the boss music in megaman x4 were just plain hype.

Simple but Intense is the best.