I actually kind of miss Minecraft

I actually kind of miss Minecraft.
Where did it all go so wrong? Was it when biomes got introduced? Hunger? Villages? Since all the updates it seems to have lost its charm.
Sure in a nutshell it's just a dumb exploration sandbox with lego building mechanics, but there was something "magical" about it at the time.

I stopped playing long ago, but I recall the game peaking at around 1.6
Remember the comfy snow worlds? And those shitty yet wonderful Minecraft classic multiplayer servers?
And this song, which isn't even in the game anymore:
youtube.com/watch?v=N8yP5ipKDvQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HXPUjmipRN0
youtube.com/watch?v=qx7UKLCNYjw
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ive-never-felt-more-isolated-the-man-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-for-25-billion-reveals-the-a7329146.html
escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/interviews/17167-The-Tao-of-Notch-Beyond-Twitter
youtube.com/watch?v=VAC8vKWP7tI
youtube.com/watch?v=N8yP5ipKDvQ
youtu.be/vqURO9YMxBo
minecraftforum.net/news/60465-pc-a-look-at-version-1-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can still play the old version user.

Biomes were the start of the decline, adventure update + hunger was the nail in the coffin. Microsoft acquisition was beating a dead horse.

I know, but it just wouldn't be the same.
I've already put so much time into it back then. The new content seems like it would be appealing, as it should be, but it just isn't for whatever reason.

Maybe its just nostalgia talking though. What even is the general consensus of Minecraft on Cred Forums?
The community now is pure cancer, sure, but I remember lots of good times with anons in the beta versions.

The problem is you. You can't stand to play it anymore because it got old and the Internet convinced you it's a kids game. I'm not criticizing you or anything, I'm the same way now

>Maybe its just nostalgia talking though. What even is the general consensus of Minecraft on Cred Forums?
It was a fun game. Too repetitive, really. Wouldn't play more 30 minutes straight if I had to play it now.

"Infdev" was the mark of death for the game.

game was kill around the time minecon was announced

god i miss the days when vanilla minecraft was fun

mods like TerraFirmaCraft and FeedTheBeast make me and my friends come back to the game every now and then, truly enjoyable mods.

Do they allow hosting old versions of their game on their world thing they do? How you can buy your own server that they host for you? I'd totally do that with an older patch if they did.

>Where did it all go so wrong?
when it become popular and liking what other people like makes you look less of a special snowflake

people complaining about "hunger limiting exploration" (what exploration? unless you're exploring a handcrafted world or one that went through years of player devastation/building like 2b2t, exploring everywhere or sitting in the middle of 2-3 biomes changes nothing) are just memeing because it takes few minutes of playing to realize how easy is to get food without "stable" solutions like farming and how hunger is overall yes, pointless but ultimately harmless to the rest of the game

Day night cycle ruined it for me. That was the worst addition. In the early days of MC i would play on a particular server. There were different worlds you could warp to, they were all flatgrass. No hunger, no day / night, no water physics, you could fly at different speeds. You had free unlimited access to every block and everyone just built stuff. People built viking ships, scale models of their rooms, massive trains, even entire fucking towns. I built the castle from Amnesia. There was a kind of protections, you could claim a certain area and then only you could edit the blocks in there.

That was what Minecraft was all about for me. Just 100% pure autistic buildan. I made many friends on that server, just sitting and chatting away and building a castle, without day night cycle, without hunger or monsters threatening you, with flight powers and unlimited blocks, was the most comfy experience i've known.

I was always completely opposed to the way Minecraft was developed. Monsters, farming, livestock, quests, crafting, even and end-game goal was bullshit to me, i wanted to build warships and underground nazi bunkers. Maybe there is still some way to relive that experience.

Biomes were the main problem, or more accurately the world gen changes. No longer were there fantastic and unique worlds but the game was starting to become more of a generic RPG.

>Maybe there is still some way to relive that experience.

>create new world
>creative mode
wow that was hard, if new blocks trigger you too much you can even download old ass versions from the launcher

what do people think about mods like TerraFirmaCraft and FeedTheBeast?

Lava flood classic servers were the best.
I always built the coolest bunkers and made them into cool living spaces even though there was lava right outside just a few blocks away.

The focus on progression killed it.

Now that there is hunger you're forced to build farms to sustain yourself.

Now that there is more emphasis on combat you need to get enchanted gear.

Now that certain blocks are local to particular biomes you have to travel miles to harvest them.

There are also shitloads of other things like nether stars or those wings.

Too much shit to do means there is less time for building, which was the main draw of the game. Sure you don't have to do all that stuff, and just build cobblestone castles forever, but it meant that too much dev time was put into these features instead of fleshing out the creative aspects.

FTB is just a mod collection, so theres a lot of things I like and dont like that I can toggle.
TFC is a huge total conversion that's fun in a different way, but god damn is it difficult to do with friends unless you're autistically organized.

For me it was hunger.

What's the best version to go back and play now?

novelty wore off
alpha was great since you never knew what kind of shit you would find
by the time the beta came out there was a biome algorithm so that every biome ended up being similar in some way

1.7.3 beta golden age of minecraft

>what is creative mode?

This, Hunger/Adventure mode a shit.

Just explore and eat Pigs and build shit.

fucking this. i played hundreds of hours on a server that had ranks and worldedit commands where yo could create bigger structures as you progressed in ranks and there was shit ton of different commands and i was like third highest rank on the whole server and all this time i pretended to be a girl. it was epic stuff. why did they shut down classic? probably not enough players... is it available for dowloading somewhere? cannot find it in the official launcher
>mfw feeling nostalgia for minecraft

>get everything handed to you so eveything is pointless

youtube.com/watch?v=HXPUjmipRN0
I was so happy back then.

fast bump because i like this thread and it swon page 10

Fucking deadbeat parents started shoveling their autists into the game and uploaded constant videos of said autist building retarded shit. And fucking retards would give those video's millions of views and support. Before you knew it Minecon was packed to the brim with dedotatoted Waaamm tards. And it's a shame too because Minecraft could have really blossomed into something cool with those goblin villages, dragon ruins and things but all the turbo autists are easy to please.

What the fuck does Notch even do for a living now?

>Notch
>Having to ever work again

You can't. Mojang baleeted Classic Minecraft from their website.

I had so much fun with Indev. I would try to find all the caves in the entire map. At night, all the monsters would come straight to wherever I was, so I'd end up with 20-30 of them surrounding whatever structure I was in. It felt kind of like a zombie movie.

>install the game yesterday
>still fun but way more low and ugly looking

Biomes, hunger and exp killed the game

My account number is 43, i got into it early thanks to Cred Forums and it's thank to us too that the game took off and went to kill itself.

It honestly was one of the best experiences I've had in gaming, it was just simple, addicting and full of potential. WAS.

Fucks around on twitter in his mansion

he fucking rich
he doesn't need to do shit anymore

>what does a billionaire have to do for a living?

Gee user, I wonder?

I like the new mobs.

Minecraft is still great fun with a good mod pack. I dive back into it with a vidya bro a couple times a year, we just pick a mod pack with a ton of shit and play nothing but Minecraft for a week or so until we exhaust the content or get bored again.

Notch left.

Shields?

I'm waiting for someone to rip that mechanic to 1.7.10. All the recolored ores and reskinned zombies and not one person made the attempt to recreate the shield for 1.7.10.

when fire got nerfed

Mods do shields better.

I miss those zombie minigame or whatever it was called on Minecraft classic.
Where people have to hit each other and infect every player until time runs out.
The maps were all very creative and interesting in the server I played.
Non classic Minecraft was always boring meme garbage

ur late

Not even. I don't like switching out with R of all things. Mojang got ONE thing right for a change.

I think the last great update was 1.8(.1) granted I didnt play it much before that

How retarded can you be?
Just like change the key binding bro

>flashback to when i was 8 and cried because i forgot to put a door and zombie came in

No.
Rip the shield mechanic and stop adding recolored vanilla items.

>16
Out.

Get the fuck out of here.

Minecraft is still fun and Microsoft surprisingly hasn't ruined it yet. people just get asshurt when normies and people under 14 get ahold of and """ruin""" something they love.

>"It's not cool anymore so therefore I'm not allowed to like it anymore"

>>when i was 8
mooods

underage.

>No.
>Rip the shield mechanic and stop adding recolored vanilla items.
Why would you rip a mechanic that was ripped from a mod that is already in that version.
Just like, change the keybinding to something that isn't R.

mods

>lowercase
You people are getting lazy.

Most comfy Minecraft memory?
>just got the Cat disc to drop from a creeper
>me and my friends all rush back to the base to put it in the jukebox and see what it is
>as soon as I pop in the disc everyone goes silent and we all stare the sunset while it plays

That's a quote from comments to that video, you memetards.

Everyone will give you a different answer as to where Minecraft went "so wrong".

The real answer is that it's been a constant downward spiral since release. Nothing but unfulfilled promises and feature creep for years.

Holy fuck how clear was that meant to be, you dickhead?

>>get everything handed to you
>what is 0.30

>

FUCKING UNDERAGE
GET OFF MY BOARD
LEAVE MY SANCTUARY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When the Autistics got involved.

>playing on a server with all my buddies back in our college house in 2010
>one roommate boasts about how he's built the coolest building
>a large wooden house with a roof that's perpetually on fire
>the flames never spread because of some contraption he built with water that poured down around the flames and kept the rest of the structure safe
>won't shut the fuck up about how proud he is of this house
>expands this shit week after week until it's fucking huge
>log on one day, first one on the server
>walk outside and into our little town
>turn and see something strange off in the distance
>something looks off with roomate's house
>head over there
>the flames somehow spawned outside of his containment system
>call out to him
>DUDE YOU'RE GONNA WANNA SEE THIS
>he comes into my room and over to my computer
>we both watch as the fire engulfs his entire house
>he shakes his head slowly, saying nothing
>storms out of the room in anger without a word
I kek'd pretty fucking hard. I think that was the last time he played.

A lot of people in this thread are complaining about progression.

I honestly don't mind it, progression is an important addition that Minecraft sorely needed. But the problem was that it fucking sucked. Diamond STILL IS the strongest material, you can get top gear in the game within an hour without killing a single fucking boss. Sure now there is stuff like enchanting and the cape but these should have been items that we'd find along the way to the final events of the game, not a last reward thing.

The progression is fucked and the combat is uninteresting. I'll give it to them that shields were a good addition, but so much more could have been done. They really needed to have learned from Terraria, that game does progression wonderfully, has a ton of different play styles, a lot of different items that do drastically different things and it can take dozens of hours before you get to very late game.

The point was doing it with other people easily. When you booted World of Minecraft, you were instantly presented with a server list, with hundreds of servers you could join instantly, many with a dozen people inside. You just said "hey" and you could start playing. Every server had different rules. Some had different available commands, different maps you could warp to, bizarre acceptance rituals. You could become a mod, get higher access to commands.

Now minecraft is autistic 5 yo crap. As opposed to autistic college sophomore decent.

You got tired of it, plain and simple. It was clear that it wasn't going to deliver on all of the things Notch said it was and handed it off onto another team.

add quotes next time ya memer

God I dug out an old word doc of server IPs from the beta era

I still recognize the servers from the color coding

They all died

The most recent one was shadowraze

But that technically died ages ago once the server jewed out

>My friends surprised me by renovating my house into a sky scraper
>Found the "temple of the rose" somebody built outside my house and got the secret

Man I miss those days

>what is mods

Same here, I still have all the worlds data for the server I inherited after the owner passed along administrator rights to me. I can go through my old server at the point before we all stopped playing. Half finished projects, fully created worlds, hidden swasticas in the dirt. Signatures and pixel art, worlds named after prominent players and OPs.

Alpha/Beta minecraft was the peak. Hell, if they just reintegrated a server list, it would be something amazing. But no, have to cater to children with the Nintendo mindset of online play safety.

I just hate how boring the game got. None of the updates added anything that actually spiced up how you play.

No completely crazy biomes with floating islands and the like, no enemies that would slowly stalk the player following for awhile and than attacking finally, no mechanic that makes you feel any fear once you get a house build (blizzard with freezing, hurricane, blood moon or goblin invasions, and so on. Basically just a shit ton of missed potential.

>no great flood event that makes you build a boat

Exactly. The world is just completely stagnant and dead. Great for autism lego building but that's about it anymore. Really did wish there were regular npcs (not the weird looking ones that don't speak) along with moving parts for things like vehicles or structures. Like starmade.

Terraria really does do everything better.

>Remember the comfy snow worlds?
snow world were the fucking best, I had never been sucked so hard into a videogame until I played on a snow map in minecraft.

Honestly the game was really good for a really long time, but like everything else good as soon as a hundred million people start getting in on it, it loses its value. That combined with notch completely losing sight of his game and doing a bunch of stupid shit (like adding hunger), the game came crashing down into shitville.

Happens to all sorts of videogames all the time and its pretty sad, sadder than a game dying a natural death I'd say. Plagued with kids on a gross zombified version of an originally good game is just such a poor way to go out.

Multiplayer minecraft didn't have the problem of being stagnant. The people you met and interacted with were better than any NPCs any game could ever have. But slowly and slowly the game got gayer and gayer and legitimately good people got replaced with children and memesters

I can agree with that. I remember one guy on my server that made a point of breaking into towns around their protections (doors players left open, climbing his way in over terrain), stealing anything he could, and than writing up funny stories of his visit with pictures on the servers forum.

Last memories I have of that server was tons of new players getting caught cheating using xray or flying commands and people tearing shit down all over the place for no reason. No attempt to solve the puzzle or whatever, just tear out the wall. Destroy the floors. Oh here's loot, now lets just wreck the rest of the place since I'm here.

I remember accidentally setting fire to a forest and desperately trying to contain it

If I had a time machine I would make minecraft instead and do the same exact thing notch did

>And this song, which isn't even in the game anymore:
Oh fuck you, that was my favorite song. Oh well, not like I play the shitty game anymore. The most I'll do is set aside a few weeks and host a MC server for my friends whenever a "big" update rolls around.

I miss the idea of good minecraft but that dream long ago evaporated into the mists of time.

That sounds really pretentious but it's completely accurate.

Nothing good was added since pistons. And some pretty shit stuff was added for a little while before pistons too.

Hunger was probably the final nail in the coffin though.

Daily reminder, you can access old_beta 1.7.3 through the old launcher by editing your profile and join a beta 1.7.3 server. Yes, they exist. Yes, the communities are active.

Why do most games get hunger so wrong? Like in minecraft it's just a gay meter you have to deal with every 10 minutes. It should take 5 hours before you have to actually care about hunger.

I think it'd be more interesting to have foods have different effects on you and you eat certain foods to gain certain attributes. You can only eat so much though or you get over encumbered and wait till your meter drops down after 2 or 3 hours or so.

I've got the Minecraft - Volume Alpha album and I'm pretty sure that song is part of it and still plays in the game, it's just given a different title. In game music however plays far too infrequently for me so when I used to play the game, I'd just mute the music and loop the album in Foobar.

honestly the music was the best part of the game

Unlimited mode fags are the worst. Minecraft was about explore underground caverns and find minerals to create better items to explore further and die. My house was just a pile of dirt; i never understood why people created those huge artistic -autistic, i mean- buildings and art.

Just use Paint ffs if you want to draw stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=qx7UKLCNYjw

The very beginning? Notch is a giant retard with zero programming ability. It was obvious from the first builds that this game would always be half-broken trash that was, at best, a fraction of its potential.

Imagine a properly written, moddable, extensible Minecraft that didn't chug along at 28 FPS on an i7. Imagine how fucking crazy the shader mods would look if the game ran decently to begin with and wasn't written in fucking Java. The wrong thing is a shame.

Yeah but he's a billionaire now

>that fucking faggot who was 2 ranks above you and broke the wall when the lava was covering the whole world

>autist
>u -> r
>artist
This could explain a lot...

>playing skyblock map earlier today
>unfamiliar with chance cubes
>one peppers my base with lit TNT, making a few devastating hits
Now I'm back to sifting gravel and dust

>tfw building cool shit so you gained ranks and eventually you got admin level
I miss the browser game

>Minecraft was first released to the public on 17 May 2009
how the fuck has it been this long?

What is this gay shit?

Minecraft was never good, but it was promising in the beginning. It looked like it would eventually be good.

Terraria is the superior sandbox game.

"good" in this sense is subjective. I believe the majority of people who've played it disagree with your opinion

And most of those people are idiots. The game just isn't good. Objectively. Outside of the building aspect, it's actually legitimately awful, like 2/10 awful.

Hunger was the beginning of the end.

Just a friendly reminder the game didn't go wrong

You simply played all the main content and are at this point satisfied with it and are just feeling nostalgic about playing it for the first time again

If someone just got it for the first time and played the current patch they would have as much as you did when you played during beta or w/e the fuck you played it

This is why people make shit tons of mods for new content and also why people come back to play after new official content patches

It's a pure sandbox, and with all other pure sandboxes it inevitably gets old because you have tried/seen most combinations of interesting stuff happen. You had fun with the minigames, the factions, rerdstone elevators, whatever.

The only progression in the game is and while some liked the game for its simplicity and simple building, others liked it for the amount of things that were available to them; most of the latter comprising of younger gamers and autists.

So looking at it from Mojang's point of view, it's easy to understand why they go for the latter. They'd rather make money off of the children than the older communities because of the pester power children have. It's the typical "kid goes to school and tells friends about Minecraft", which coupled with the fact that kids naturally enjoy exploration would be investing lots of time into this game.

>tfw you were griefing and destroying shit that other people built, and when admin came by you masterfully lied and escaped.
And it's all gone forever.

Shitposts here anonymously.

How would you fix minecraft

>getting admin level for building shitty houses
>use a command that lets you shoot a dragon that explodes
>time warp command
>use this to mess with everyone on the server
Its all gone

I remember there was a map where the world was literally one huge tree that took the guy a thousand hours or so to make, then they added lightening storms and basically his tree would constantly catch fire

I ran it on a $150 netbook for 4 years. Averaged about 9 fps. Those were the days.

I really miss the impossible terrains that the old minecraft had. About the time biomes got introduced.

It didn't "go wrong". It's just that after the first Halloween update everyone realized what a lying piece of shit notch is.

Finite torches never.

Ah yes Minecraft

me and some friends had a server for ages several years ago
everyone had their own little settlements in different parts of the map and we built a rail network between them and had cute little stations.

Then you'd have these intricate deep mines and giant holes where you'd have a pool of water at the bottom to catch your fall, and you're just mine the shit out of everything

And we'd basically play this constantly and we'd all hang out on teamspeak
It was lovely

You can still download all the old alphas and betas through the launcher.

Survival update.

MODSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This. Hunger really kills the pace of just exploring cool land formations and underground cave systems

I always had the feel it could've become in a good, creepy exploration game.

Imagine you are relatively safe at daytime, but when night comes weird and deadly creatures start appearing as the days pass until going outside at night must be a nightmarish challenge.

it was when they added multiplayer with the vote or whatever.

it spawned 30 million youtubers making epic videos and he moved from Cred Forums to reddit.

the game was forever doomed to be unfinished babby shit.

>join server
>log off and don't play for like a month
>log back in
>grief some guy's pig farm and all his pigs escape
>his tard rage goes haywire
>mods kick him for being annoying
>he logs back in and kicks it up to overdrive
>mods ban him
>I admit to them I was griefing
>They don't care and give me admin privileges
>screw around a bit and build an underground layer and log off
>a week or so later log back on
>no mods online
>start building like crazy
>enter tobias
>tobias follows me around, basically worships the ground I walk on
>I constantly teleport him into lava
>burn his house down
>spawn creepers around him and blow him up
>change his name to "tobias pls"
>mods log on and realize I've left pockets of destruction around the world in my antics with tobias
>ban us both even though tobias didn't do anything

I'm sorry tobias

I remember when I first discovered MC back in it's very early alpha days when multiplayer was just added. I'd always try convincing people to check the game out and I'd be considered a childish autist. A couple of years later when the game got youtube fame and lost it's simplistic beauty, it became everybody's favorite game and they've all started talking about it non-stop whenever there was vidya talk going on but I was long burnt out of it.

It was such a comfy little game. It still kind of is but not like the old times. Shame I couldnt get anybody into it during what I consider MC's golden times.

>friend and I join a server
>pillage and plunder outlying villages
>decide we want to take on the main town
>everything is protected in town
>start punching random people hanging around
>incur the wrath of one of the locals
>he chases us across the bridge out of town
>bridge is over a giant chasm and moat
>in our escape knock an innocent bystander into the moat
>my friend and I split up
>I run underground and happen upon some minecart tracks
>the guy chasing us follows me underground
>I hide around a corner
>he doesn't think to look around the corner and hops on a minecart down the railway
>I break the ceiling and the railway floods effectively trapping him
>meanwhile my friend gets sent to jail
>I ask the mods to free him and give him another chance
>they let him go
>he says in chat that he's going to release a book called mine kamph
>we both get banned

good times

When you started, everything was new and scary. Now that you know what to find where you can get setup and get diamonds in 30 minutes and be left with nothing to do.

I have the same with DayZ, at the start finding a good gun was exciting and you were afraid to lose it. Now I don't give a shit about dying anymore as you can get similar or better stuff within 30 mins.

japs' let's plays

When the fuck is someone going to make a good MC clone that evolves into an actually great game(like we thought MC would), and why is the answer likely to be never?

>Some dipshit kid entered out PSN party
>Tell him to buy Battlefield 4
>Basically he would just relentlessly follow me and do what I say
>start using him as a support
>Play hardcore
>He would stalk me with health packs
>Make him camp the vehicles and bring me heles and shit
>One day I'm a sniper on the top of a building
>Got my comfy camp bros
>"Yo dipshit, get us some ammo"
>He starts making inane noises over voicechat
>Camp brahs are screaming at him
>"Shut the fuck up kid"
>"Dude is his Dad strangleing him"
>Dipshit starts screaming
>"ALLAHU AKBARRRRRRRRR"
>Team kills us by crashing a jet into us
>We are all laughing histerically
>Dipshit has removed himself from my friends list
>mfw I converted some kid to radical islam by being a jerk

>Get one of those fancy modpacks because I hadn't touched the game in 4 years and wanted to see how far things have come
>Do my usual thing, grab everything I find, make a shit shelter, dig deep at night
>Incredibly redundant and abundant amounts of ores and things you can gather that are mod-related yet are abso-fucking-lutely useless
>All the cool shit requires you to either become a tree hugger and autistically farm seeds so you can create mana pools
>Or to play metroid prime: minecraft edition and scan everything you see in order to get some kind of fucking elemental shit, which lets you harness limited amounts of magic, which corrupts you and makes the game unfun
>Or create some kind of autistic blacksmith workshop that takes fucking ages to create so that you can mix ingots, so that you can make a god damn nuclear reactor, which is a cesspit of autistic management

I just want some added god damn content and some fancy fucking items
Why do all these fancy mods make you jump through retarded fucking hoops in order to get to the fun parts? Just fucking give me the fun. Give it to me. I don't want to spend 20 hours setting things up just to be able to get what the modders consider a "basic" item.

Feed the beast my fucking ass.

it was hunger

Lately I've tackled the Hexplore-It mod pack. Installed shader mods and modified the Hunger Overhaul config to make hunger practically a non-issue (if you decide to repeat my setup, please, please do this because by default, eating the same thing repeatedly gives diminished hunger refill. complete bullshit) and it's absolutely fucking amazing. Always was more interested in the exploration aspect and this setup is tickling my fancy something fierce.

It's nice to be able to enjoy this game again.

I mean look how fucking cozy this is. Fuck, look at all this shit here. What should I do from here, Cred Forums?

Making Sweden great again.

>climb that mountain

This, progression is major shit. You get diamonds, you get an enchanting table, you build a modfarm, and then you spend the next 200 hours afk-ing to get enough exp for your maxed out gear. It sucks pretty bad
Potions are at least a little better, because at least you need to go places to gather the ingredients.
And then there's the little problem of the game being fucking trivially easy in single player, which makes the whole progression system absolutely pointless. And since online pvp is a mess due to the game running like shit, you can't even use all youjr fancy toys there
MC2 when, Microsoft

Hunger killed it. But all the "RPG" features like exp, enchanting, brewing, dungeons, etc were all fucking stupid as well, mostly due to just being poorly designed.

Things vanilla MC should have had and never got:
>Dynamic lighting.
>Fully customisable terrain generation (e.g. biome size, biome filtering, terrain extremity), including floating sky worlds.
>Better/more varied terrain generation and bigger terrain in general. Bigger biomes, mountains, rivers, canyons, etc.
>More variation/difference in biomes, using more appropriate plants and creatures (instead of fucking cows and chickens forever) plus better use of texture shading and more variations on common blocks.
>More weather and better weather systems which also change depending on biome.
>Better combat. Different attacks and weapons, defensive abilities.
>Non-retarded AI that can take advantage of these improvements.
>Shitloads more creatures, both as ordinary animals and monsters.
>Better water/liquid physics
>A solution for connecting/powering mechanisms that isn't autistic and poorly designed (redstone dust).
>Proper Survival mode where your location is attacked each night by increasingly powerful waves of monsters.
>Proper Adventure mode with actual stats, leveling, dungeons, treasure and improved purpose of NPCs/Towns.
>Optional Hunger.
>Some sort of town sim mode where the objective is to build a town and manage villagers.
>Changing, refining and expanding activities like Brewing, Enchanting, Fishing and Farming so they aren't buttfuck retarded like they are now.
>Less crafting retardation like requiring rare items for simple objects like saddles and sticky pistons.
>More base materials and craftable items in general, including simple decorative stuff such as chairs, tables, etc.

Is the PS4 version of Minecraft worth getting?

Cause people would shit on it just for being a MC ripoff and all the autists are too attached to the original already.

I feel bad because i don't have friends who like minecraft and i never got to build silly houses n shit with anyone. I just sorta drifted between servers building houses and statues. Game died for me after i got into FTB modpacks and i started playing the game more like a 3d factorio than how i used to play it. I still have fun playing every few months for the new mods.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ive-never-felt-more-isolated-the-man-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-for-25-billion-reveals-the-a7329146.html

wait shit I meant to post this article escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/interviews/17167-The-Tao-of-Notch-Beyond-Twitter

he masturbates all day then cries himself to sleep. he got all the money he ever wanted by selling his soul to the devil, which left him hollow and dead inside.

>Since then I've basically come completely out of it. Because I also realized that I'm really an introvert. So I think I kind of had this problem before, always, for my entire life. I didn't necessarily want to have a lot of friends. And then once you sell your company and have a lot of money there's not much else to do than continue learning or meet friends and exploring the real world, which is really fun, but it has been kind of a jarring change. I got to play it off, all of it, as just being a weird, eccentric Swedish guy, so it was easier to stop being social.

>TE: It seems that it created an image online where people think you are this lonely, depressed rich guy with nothing to do.

>MP: Well yeah, that's the cultural idea of who I am, that I've become that.

>TE: Is it accurate?

>MP: I mean, I spend a lot of time alone, but it's not as if I'm lonely, because that's how I feel the most productive and happy. Generally if I've been alone programming for a couple of months then yeah I'm going to want to go out and see friends. So I kind of go back and forth, spend some time just programming and learning, you know, playing around with WebGL. And then I spend like a month doing a lot of social stuff like partying. I love partying. And a lot of dinners. I'm trying to learn how to appreciate red wine, which is impossible. I like red wine but I never remember any of it, like names of the old French chateaus.

So now he's post-depression code-Notch
That's cool

Adventure update.

didnt his wife completely fuck him divorcing right after the set number of days to get tons of cash by swedish law?

it went wrong when development focused on stupid shit instead of fleshing out the survival aspects.

I really hope microsoft makes a higher budget version on an actual engine or create an engine specifically for it. Its a god damned golden cashcow, if they actually have a competent attempt at it they could blow everything else out of the water.

Yes, but that was before the deal with MC and she got a few measily millions

yeah but i think she still missed out on the microsoft cash money
she just got the initial minecraft millions, not billions

Got the last of my childhood magic in this game. Everything seemed so huge. Go back to my old world, I barely went 200 blocks out from my base. Secret friday updates, buggy multiplayer, all of it was so magical. Wonder if I'll feel that magic again.

>that one server that was poorly configured and allowed you to break certain things at the lowest rank

God it was fun messing with those autistic kids.

hunger, 100%

When they removed fluid mechanics.

I still like it

Are those reflections and lightning mods or does the game actually look like this now?

It annoys me how much esoteric fantasy crap they added before making sure the game had a solid foundation to base it on. The insane amount of unnecessary crap that was added in a way that doesn't make sense to fill a specific function is retarded.

Like, if you want a projectile that sets things on fire, you can't just make fire arrows or something like that. You have to make "fire charges" which require an item from a nether mob. To make pistons which can actually pull things, you need slimeballs from rare slime mob. Nametags and saddles cannot be crafted, only found or traded.

Like fuck, does it not occur to them when adding new features to just do it a simple way? Why do they have to add all the dumb adventure/fantasy crap on top? Save that shit for things that actually necessitate it like magic spells or whatever.

they're mods

youtube.com/watch?v=VAC8vKWP7tI
Where did it all go so fucking wrong, Cred Forums?

See, this is a conceptual problem. Other people actually appreciate that you can only find some items in specific biomes, and would like more of that to encourage exploration, and trading on multiplayer maps. The thing is that MC doesn't really have a direction or vision or whatever you want to call it, and stuff is added basically at random

The game should've never evolved past Alpha stage.

I am not too sure, to be honest.
Even some of my friends get a short nostalgia burst for the game, set up a server just to beat the game again. I guess its a good offline game to play, should the internet go out for whatever reason. I was the only one who liked to play with mods, they all thought it was too overwhelming to play with the mods enabled. I couldn't blame them, most of the mods just featured content of sitting there teching up though the trees.

My friends really only enjoyed playing one modpack - and it was the RPG total conversion one where you would have to fight monsters to level up your experience in order to move out in the world, using bows/wands/warrior abilities etc. The mod pack was old, don't remember the name of it. That and Hexxit.

I might download to see whats changed, experience the new shitty content that they added, build a house, and beat the game once again.

Youtube, 1.8, leaving beta,

I don't mind if certain things can only be found in certain biomes or in certain ways, basically I just wish they'd focus more on adding depth to the world simulation/building aspects instead of piling on adventure/RPG shit like dungeons, hunger, brewing, enchanting, NPC villages, trading, etc in a game that's clearly not an adventure game/RPG.

Not to say that it should never have those things, just that they should just be properly thought out and integrated with the existing gameplay in a way that makes sense and has a purpose instead of just being features for the sake of features.

>youtube.com/watch?v=N8yP5ipKDvQ
fuck, that hit me hard.
has it really been that long?

>Still have to use stairs and slabs to make ghetto furniture
Why

"Realism"

Biomes stole one of MC's most notable and charming features, that bright green acidgrass. A majority of biomes have really ugly, shitty grass colors
Shaded Lighting made MC feel cold and dirty. Interiors always have that grungy brown tinge to them now.
Food made non-combat more tedious(you go on the "notch diet" and eat 3 steaks for every 10 minutes you run), and combat more simple (modern regen times are rediculous. there's no reason to use instant health or regen potions at all)

A few others that negatively impacted mc
Removal of snow worlds. One of mc's most comfy experiences was being in a low render distance snow world
Render fog got a little weird too. it's more sharp now so you can't capture that old short distance thick fog haze. Also, being under a block makes the game go dark, even if you are outside (on a side note, high view distance in mc makes the world feel small)

I like a lot of the new content in mc, but it's definitely not the same comfy enjoyable experience it used to be. Go back and play the old versions and you will feel it. it's not just you being used to mc, they've legitimately made changes that make mc feel less nice.

Biomes are one of the few good additions.

Mate making a comfy fucking viking longhouse in the snow biome was the best shit ever

>Biomes stole one of MC's most notable and charming features, that bright green acidgrass.
I'm glad for this, because even if it was notable it was fucking ugly.
>A majority of biomes have really ugly, shitty grass colors.
This didn't happen until 1.8 came along and ruined the aesthetic of the environments in every way it possibly could. All the biome colours became dull, the terrain generation became less natural-looking, and most of the map is covered in ugly tall grass as far as the eye can see.
The game has never looked as good as it did in Beta 1.7. It was vibrant without being eye-melting.

When they started adding little pissy things and almost-identical new blocks for autists instead of keeping things simple and making their game run more efficiently

I don't want to saddle up on a pig I can't control, I'd like a smoother game please

I haven't played it in years though so I could be talking out of my hole for all I know

This is why I play with mods. Lots of placeable furniture, and 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 blocks/panels/columns, etc. Much easier to make good-looking houses.

a 12 year old on Cred Forums? even for Cred Forums this is...
>16

>winters day, rugged up and warm
>building a small complex into the side of a hill in a snow world
>manage to fend off a creeper that snuck in while I was out
>digging away a small back tunnel and fixing it up to look good
>dig above to change the ceiling
>snow starts falling in
>mfw
The comfiest

Biomes are alright, they are too similar though. if you see one plain/ocean/forest/mountain, you've seen them all. And, again, the grass thing. The only biomes with nice grass are jungles and roofed forests.

You have a point. I liked the acid grass personally, but your screenshot does look good. I guess it's been a while and I forgot there was increments to them shitting up terrain gen's charm.

I just wish the game didn't become so dully colored over time in general. Even if it was tacky, old mc was bursting with color and felt like a game you could have fun with, instead of being baby's first tryhard simulator.

page 10 save rave

page one sage brigade

This. Never got the whining about hunger. Food is everywhere.

Except they added hunger, messed with bow mechanics, and haven't improved the overall combat or progression.

>The new content seems like it would be appealing, as it should be, but it just isn't for whatever reason.

These faggot hipsters will hate on anything that goes from Indie to mainstream. New Minecraft is 10x fucking better.

>forced to build farms
nigger I just kill a few pigs when I go looking for wood.
You have heard of pigs right? It's a walking slab of pork chops, look into it.
>oh no muh combat
6 wood 1 iron makes a shield. run from everything and use the shield to not get skele arrow'd.
Or, and I know this is hard, carry 10 random fucking blocks and wall yourself into your mine.
>too much dev time was put into these features instead of fleshing out the creative aspects
Yeah, too bad because that's what the people in charge decided to do, sure there might be too much crap that feels tacked on, life ain't fuckin' fair.

>The problem is you. You can't stand to play it anymore because it got old and the Internet convinced you it's a kids game. I'm not criticizing you or anything, I'm the same way now

This.

>Except they added hunger, messed with bow mechanics, and haven't improved the overall combat or progression.

These mechanics made it more fucking challenging user. Can't handle a childs game? They also improved on combat on their most recent update.

THIS IS WHAT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS WANTED IN 2009. NOTCH CAME HERE AND ASKED QUESTIONS I FUCKING REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY YOU FUCKERS WANTED SURVIVAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO BUILD SHIT THEN GO INTO BUILD MODE OR BETTER YET GET A PACK OF LEGOS YOU STUPID FUCK. YES, I'M MAD.

Tedium isn't an interesting "challenge". Having to sit there and unrealistically charge a bow for 5 seconds isn't as nice as spamming. APM, nukker.

Hunger also became awful as soon as they made mushrooms unable to be grown on topsoil.

In fairness, all they had to produce was a better way to get diamonds or an alternative gear set (not to mention something like Terraria's WoF that unlocks more ores, and not to mention how grindy enchanting becomes).

Hunger wouldn't be so bad if running didn't deplete it faster.

>Biomes "you'll never find the one you're looking for" o' Plenty
>Biomes "keep exploring buddy i'm sure you'll find a good place sooner or later" o' Plenty
>Biomes "Bloat" o' Plenty
wew

are there any alpha / beta servers? i loaded it up and it feels strange to feel nostalgic about minecraft.
>that world seed that doesn't work anymore

it's not like it has a config or anything but
enjoy your default ones then

fuck off

Link for this video? I think this is the same guy that did all those Splatoon videos.

can you play the alpha versions online?

I'd make a server for people here to play on but I'm far too incompetent, and I have shitty internet which would ruin it for everyone

youtu.be/vqURO9YMxBo

Hunger was the nail in the coffin. The entire hunger system is just a chore.

Minecraft is okay but there are so many fucking things that drag it down. Hunger becomes a nonissue nearly instantly and just forces you to sit around and cook about 50 steaks, which you have to eat every 5 minutes.

Combat was never good, and then they gave it cooldown. I never played Minecraft for the pisspoor combat, nobody did. Now you have machinegun skeletons and you're turned into a pincushion without a bow. Too bad you have to farm chickens to make arrows.

Also, there's still no decent way of moving around the game short of digging in the nether ceiling for about 4 hours. I'll start up a map every half a year or so, play for a bit, and then drop it.

But you can
Just make a darkroom

>trying to play 1.0 on an emachine with 1gb of ram
>somehow made it work
>made a tiny home in the desert with a greenhouse and lighthouse nearby

Cred Forums wanted a survival mode back in 2009. You must be neo-Cred Forums.

Fifteen is even worse.

>Minecraft is still fun and Microsoft surprisingly hasn't ruined it yet. people just get asshurt when normies and people under 14 get ahold of and """ruin""" something they love.

Literally has nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

holy shit how retarded are you? You only got bored of it, which is perfectly normal.
Minecraft with some mods like Life in the woods is objectively better

Yeah a survival MODE. Not having it forced into the only mode outside of creative.

Hunger is one of the survival aspects I'm actually completely fine with.

Not the point, tedious, and adds nothing to the experience,

>They wanted a survival mode!
They introduce hunger and woah it turns out to be shit
>Y-YOU JUST D-DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE Y-Y-YOU'RE NEO-Cred Forums!

I'd be fine with it too if it depleted slower.

minecraft and Cred Forums
>autists making 2d pixel art haruhi suzumiya.as being "creative".
to
>autists wanting survival mode with lanterns/torches to die.
>muh stolen code / vacations / forever alone
>wanting to grief multiplayer
>being afraid to leave their front door because a creeper.
>float
>bitching about having to grind wheat for 10 minutes.

>it's a "java is the reason the game runs like shit" user
you don't seem to know any better than notch honestly

thats the saddest feeling

I still have one of my first worlds on a USP drive but still

I recently booted it up and remembered the cactus i made that went to the sky

IF you still have your world backed up I think there is an option to "recreate it" which rolls it back

though it isnt worth the risk IMO

also RIP my mountain became a swamp biome

>tfw I used to think the creepy breathing sounds meant a dungeon near by
>I heard the creepy noise by a 4x4 wall of dirt in my mine
>ran
>that music plays

part of me wants to reset my memory of the game so I can play it blind again but then a part of me remembers all the good times and friends I met

>tfw I had a reunion with a friend from a dead MC server on a GMod server

holy shit

If i never changed my forum name to show both my minecraft and steam name I probably would of never had that moment

You got older. I loved Minecraft when I was 14 but I just lose interest

I miss that Minecraft Classic Mojang had on the website, those zombie survival games where the mobs were comprised of two blocks were great.

>They introduce hunger and woah it turns out to be shit

>Get hungry
>hunger bar depletes
>Eat something

DOHOHOHO I WANT M-MUH DEEP HUNGER MECHANICS. Fuck off faggot.

>tfw spawning lots of block zombies in the middle of a normal building world
was there ever a reason why they removed the classic on the website? greed?

old friend...

F L A O T
L
A
O
T

imo 1.4-1.5 beta

I literally played the first public alpha when notch started posting his devlog in tigsource.
I think my comment is still there calling him out on ripping off infiniminer
Back then no one had any fucking clue it would become this fucking monster

>tfw dug out seenanners MC lets play
>tfw I used to call the creepers pillicks because seenaners called them dicks
>I found out from topgear pillick meant Dick so I used that word

I think it was because the game was given no support on most browsers after a while, something to do with flash. You can still get it in the launcher though.

The adventure update I think was the sort of kickstart the shit spiral needed.

Before then the game had been more or less focused on the building and sandbox nature, just like a virtual lego set. Combat was there and while it had a bit of difficulty never had to be bothered much.

But the adventure update came around to please the new massive audience of children without any sort of patience or personal creativity, so the focus is slowly sliding over to '''''combat''''' and adventure instead of just building. Sure they throw in a new block every now and then, but even then its a fucking hassle to get them. Hunger made combat just slower, knockback made it safer, and bows dealing more damage at longer range didn't help either. With the game not being meant for this shit they're trying to pump it full of random crap to pretend to adventure in and adding in mobs that serve no purpose for the same reason. Then nobody played vanilla and they all moved onto the shitty pvp servers or mini games and so combat had to be updated to draw attention back in even though all it did was make it even slower and safer.

tl:dr Minecraft started dying because it changed focus from building to adventure and has spread itself too thin without understanding itself.

>'''''combat'''''
why the fuck do people write ''''''like this''''''

Do people even remember how it was before hunger ? If anything hunger allowed for more exploration.
Before that exploration depended on how many unstackable porkchop you had in your inventory since it was the only way to regen health (and unless you were extremely careful and never lost health you needed it).
Now one stack or two of food is enough to explore for a few hours, and only take 2 inventory slot.
Really, now food is a minor inconvenience simply because they made it stackable.

People did want the combat though, you forget how many kids play minecraft and cry because its not action filled. Plus all the shitty pvp mini game servers influenced that.

>That lava survival mini-game

yeah but i don't think you can play online which was the point

>you were the only one from your friend group that liked minecraft
>you never got to experience the game for the first time with them
>you never built cool shit with them and generally have a good time
now I don't have any friends

But you see, before hunger exploration had a bit of danger to it and you never had to sit around for your health to regen.
All hunger did was add something to wait on, had to wait for your hunger to drop enough if your health wasn't going up, then wait for the eating to finish, then wait for your HP to come back, then continue doing things. Where as old minecraft you cooked your food, left your house, got shot a few times ate your chop and went on your merry way without having to stop.

The exploration was limited more by your cautiousness and awareness to things around you, going slow was a choice by the player to avoid damage.
But with hunger you have to stop all the time because your food drains so damn often or when you do fuck up you have to sit there and wait patiently.

>friend of friend and I play Minecraft together
>play on a specific server for almost 2 years
>never really talk to him at school, only when chatting with a group or on Minecraft
>server dies and we never talk again
It's kind of odd thinking back to it, I remember reminiscing over all the things we did on it but it wasn't really much considering how much we talked in-game.

>tfw mixed feelings about the direction of minecraft

I really like FTB modpacks and I really really like the way the tech progression works. I wish I could find a game that wasn't coded in java that had the same progression.

So, gameplay?

See though, Minecraft is/was virtual lego. Thats what made it popular. Lego doesn't have gameplay, it has building.
Just like Lego didn't need an instruction book on how to have fun, Minecraft didn't need gameplay for people to make their own fun.

The problem was that the community was better at developing a game than the developers. Why play barebones vanilla minecraft when shit like FTB, Tekkit, Terrafirma, and a plethora of other shit exists?

I always thought that those things were great separate. Back when I played the game, my favorite element was the simplicity of it.
Even though I used to play mods that revamped the whole game, I never liked it as much as vanilla.

also, pre-1.7 was the best

Hunger Meter Update.

>Played with a group of friends
>Build a small town consisting of our separate houses
>Things are going well
>Someone inevitably steals from someone or fucks something up
>Infighting begins
>Town ends up getting obliterated
>Move on to a new spot
>Rinse and repeat
This game ruined friendships and it was fucking hilarious.

>Back then no one had any fucking clue it would become this fucking monster

Thats the thing that gets me. My nephew is currently playing it on xbox and was trying to explain to him the history behind all this shit. We were close to something that got so big....just a weird feeling.

>notch gets popular
>sense he still would visit Cred Forums occasionally
>start shitposting about him in every rare minecraft thread.

I remember a few years ago
Having a little base with my buddies on a small survival server
And walking around while it would snow or rain
And then the music would turn on
It was so comfy
Now all those friends are gone
And my memories of them are going too
I liked mine craft when I played with friends on our survival server
It was relaxing and peaceful. No griefing kids
No nagging. Just peaceful resource gathering, building, and exploring with nice music in the background. No one yelled. Everyone was nice.
I miss those days. I really do

Seems like you dont know what ""rhetorical devices"" are. Did you flunk """"highschool"""?

>Where did it all go wrong?

When the devs got lazy and stopped introducing actual decent features to expand the gameplay and went on a eternal bug fix crusade.

>mfw the combat update
>thought it was cool at first
>loved how they changed skeletons
>nothing else was changed
>mfw they didnt update the mobs like cave spiders and enderman to reflect the shitty combat changes
>mfw attacking an enderman with low hunger and the attack cooldown

I seriously wont be playing again until this gets changed or reverted, it's not challenging, its not legit difficulty, it's just dumb and annoying as fuck. As if the shallow and not expanded upon hunger system wasn't fucking artificial difficulty enough.

I legitimately believe at this point that they're intentionally introducing errors/bugs and fucking up the game so they can keep their jobs because they dont know anything else aside Minecraft.

This is the oldest image I could find. Game only just had basic building.

Rip ;-;

When notch got rich.

You could argue that things like hunger and endless worlds moved the game away from what it used to be but there was always that old promise of different game modes like bringing back the sky lands or making an official zombie survival mode, do you remember playing zombie-tag online back in the day?

But then notch got enough money that he was free to do what he wanted. He could make whatever shitty "scrolls" game he wanted and even battle bethesda over name rights, he could go on endless vacations and team-retreats and he could hire employees to continue the token "development" in his place to save face with the wider public.
Once he had his money he didn't NEED to play nice and respectful with the fans, listen to their input and suggestions, bug reports and criticism of his ever slowing development pace discarding promised major changes with tiny miscellaneous odds and ends that were already done better by mods.

He didn't HAVE to deal with any of that shit because he already has his money and can sit comfortably on his pedestal of "success", so why should he do anything?

I literally can't remember the last times I saw some news or talk about him that wasn't just him arguing with some random game devs or gamers with his argument being generalizable as "I'm a success and rich because I'm such a genius voice of a gamer generation so my opinion is superior, where's your minecraft-level success?"

I feel like the issues compounded over time.
There was no complete goal in mind with any of the design of the game. Notch just randomly added "lul whatever" depending on his daily mood, so by the time shit like hell or the end rolled out, it was already a disjointed mess.
Nobody looked at the game and asked
>"ok guys what's our actual plan two years down the road?".
They all asked
>"so what can we add this week?"
That's what killed it.

Actually I can't play it anymore because I forgot my old password and since at some point they changed servers I can't even recover the password and I refuse to purchase the game again especially since the price is now $30
I guess I can torrent it.

Underage faggot.

Anyone see the new shit they showed at minecon?

minecraftforum.net/news/60465-pc-a-look-at-version-1-11

I mean it doesn't fix the trash combat, but hey it's a thing.

I still play it sometimes. Just ignore the community and play with your Lego sim. Or play survival and actually try surviving. It's a decent time killer.

When notch stopped doing secret Friday updates.

Searching for the changes with Cred Forums each week was the most fun part of that game.

This is fucking true.

>lul so rundumb lamas
>more rpg bullshit
no

>No more Team Avolition griefing videos
Those were a lot of fun to watch with friends.

tl;dr
>Second Wind Totem that's consumed if fatal damage is taken while in a hand slot
>Llamas that are basically pointless since Horses, Donkeys and Mules already exist
>Portals scattered around the End that send you back to the starting platform
>Observer Block, the BUD that we've all been waiting for
>Shulker Chests, keep their contents after being broken and can be placed inside anything that isn't another Shulker Chest
>Woodland Mansion Structure filled with evil jews
>Cursed Enchantments because the whole process wasn't RNG enough
>Treasure Maps sold by Librarian Jews that locate a random structure such as Monuments or Mansions

Minecraft got better when Notch left, this thread is pure nostalgiafagging

Cred Forums sould make an open-sourced Minecraft

Not exactly Cred Forums, but both Minetest and Truecraft already exist.

>>But with hunger you have to stop all the time because your food drains so damn often or when you do fuck up you have to sit there and wait patiently.

If anything hunger allows you to never stop and continuously move assuming you don't run out of food or take a lot of spike damage.

With or without hunger, if you take a lot of damage you're either eating ~2 food and waiting for regen or opening your inventory and shift-clicking ~2-4? food and eating them all. If you take a lot of damage while not fighting something then hunger allows you to eat once or twice and forget about it as the regen activates.

With that said it generally is a non-issue and I do remember feeling more vulnerable without hunger. However your vulnerability is generally determined by your armor. With iron/diamond the chances of getting blown up are very low unless you're aiming for it.

The best thing about the hunger system is how it nullifies the minute damage taken from fall damage. Having to waste food because you lost ~4 hearts from 3 small falls was the stupidest shit.

is this what autism looks like?

this is a lie. I downloaded minecraft last night actually. Haven't downloaded it on this PC I built a few years back and seeing the new stuff shown the other day (as well as looking up the other stuff they've added the last few years) made me want to try it out again. There is still the option to play any alpha or beta version.

Also this song is still in the game. I played the newest update last night and this song played.

I honestly don't see the hate for this.

>The new content seems like it would be appealing, as it should be, but it just isn't for whatever reason.

Then play the old versions. Or don't.

So anyone with any thoughts that disagree with yours is an autist? Why don't you go back to your numerous tfw no vidya gaem gf threads?

But without needing to eat all the time you never had to stop if you just avoided taking damage. Even then you usually had one piece of food on your bar, and a pork chop did half your health. If you really fucked up you shift click one more in and in the time it took you to eat one new chop you were on your way without needing to wait for the regen. The very worst you could have was crafting two bowls of mushroom soup and dropping the bowls.

And if you jump off a cliff thats your own fault for being a dumbass. Watch your step and fall damage never hurts you. Or carry a water bucket. Sadly this usually didn't even give you more time since any long fall you probably would have mined down and set up with ladders/had a nice smooth shaft pre hunger to get back up fast instead of diving down a pit with no way up.

what?
you must be mistaking me for someone else

>Played MC since classic days, got really into it during the beta days
>Felt like I was one of three people in high school that knew about the game
>Slowly lose interest over time and stop playing around the time it was bought out and got an official release
>Almost started to feel like a hipster because suddenly everyone was into MC when I had been into it long before when it was unknown, but I had gotten bored of it rather than stopped playing because it got too popular
>Had a few friends that would play it while I was over and I would mostly just watch and talk about the beta days
>Tried playing it again after a long time just to see all the new stuff added and there's so much shit that I didn't even bother to deeply look into the new stuff because the amount of content I didn't know about was intimidating
>Mfw working at Target and saw the toy isle dedicated to Minecraft for the first time
I used to love MC a lot, but the charm wore off over time and it reached a point that I never would have expected.

Some of the best times in this game were just messing around with friends.
I remember attacking some guys base and doing dumb shit around his fort.
Sneaking about and fucking shit up was the most fun then trying to get away with it.
Feel like if we tried that these days, we'd just get straight up banned as we triggered some kid

>Its a Cred Forums get nostalgic over minecraft
I thought it was some kid of bad joke , but no.
How pathetic.

Mincraft lost its charm because it focused on a single mode with forced features.

RIP aVo, minecraft kiddies don't deserve your god-tier griefing

I personally get insanely bored with Minecraft since it's simply not interesting to me anymore. Every like 6 months a handful of buddies will play it, but most will get bored by the end of the week. Originally when the shilling was rampant? Man I love building me some autism castles

Now? The added gameplay is just kinda whatever. It's there and that's basically it. The shitton of mods? Most of them are a pointless grind.

That being said, I can see why people now play the fuck out of it. You got building with a purpose.

If you manage to avoid taking damage then hunger is practically non-existent. You'll only notice if you sprint everywhere and even then it's only really pronounce if you sprint-jump in a two high tunnel or sprint a really long distance. In the case of the latter it's a very small price for the speed you gain.

If you get really low in combat you won't have the time to shift click one more food without running away but ,yes, even then it will be faster than regenning. If you can instant eat to max then you essentially trivialized that encounter unless you're running around like a dumbass with no armor, which claimed translates into a bit of danger. If the desire is a more dangerous, uneasy experience when caving/fighting then I'd say hunger is the better option because if you get low you cannot get back to full instantly without the use of potions. However, if you have diamond armor then both systems fail because you have to try to find spike damage to kill you.

On fall damage I wasn't referring to jumping off of cliffs, without enchantments you'll probably die regardless of the food system used. I was referring to the numerous small falls you'd take while caving or exploring where you'd lose 1-2 hearts each and had to end up wasting a food after three or so, which I think the regen system nicely takes care of.

Fellow Target (((team member))) here, have you seen the Five Nights at Freddy's shit?