Is this any good?

is this any good?

I had hopes for nfs 2015 but it ended up being forgotten quickly after release. the crew seems to have gotten a lot of work done and actually has a player base, but is it fun? How good is the customization?

Other urls found in this thread:

club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

It's free. Download it and see for yourself

free where?

There are alot of "Sticker" customization for cars, but you can't change their color.
Alot of paintjobs to choose from though.
The Bumpers customization is not much though, there are 7-8 of them but they look all same-ish.
Same with Spoilers. There are usually 3-4 Carbon hoods with 2-3 normal ones.
Alot of Rimjobs.

Alot of Perfomance customization to be unlocked via skill events or PvP.
It's pretty okay game 7.5/10.

Honestly the only thing I dislike about it is how alot of people online are just racing solo, considering it's free.
I keep inviting few early players to do some racing events together but everyone declines, or is doing some far away event that I haven't unlocked yet.

PvP is assfucked. Either you'll meet lower level cars which haven't been upgraded much, or end game cars who would get to 300+ easily and you'll lose terrible.

No.

The superior Forza Horizon 3 is alot better. Just check out the graphics.

You forgot to mention how tuning your car doesn't do shit and how every car feels like they are on ice 24/7.

uplay
for a limited time

club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

I've only driven two cars yet, 2012 Challenger , SRT-8, and Skyline R34.

Challenger seems like it had good acc, but it slid everywhere like it was on ice, so I had to drive carefully and brake properly.
R34 is pretty much sticked to road alot has nice grip to it.
Go find some 4WD car.

Also tuning car does has little effect, it's minuscule but the effect is there. Also playing with all assist's off.

Honestly though, I had fun with 2012 Most Wanted as well, and this isn't a racing sim.

It's an OK racing game. The physics are meh, and the ai is OK. The ace up its sleeve is the world is HUGE. With lots of fun roads that never get associated races, and enough details to make cruising quite fun. That almost single handedly makes this a 9/10 because there simply isn't anything like it.

I agree on the customization but going solo on the career to me makes no difference, it just gets you to be able to farm gold performance parts better, you'll need them to start picking up platinum parts wich will upgrade you car further down the line.

You can live with your first car ever and never buy another one, but if you do buy another one you do have to grind some gear to get started on the pvp with it.

Cons to this is that you'll often not meet many players at your level, either you are 200 levels above them or below, no in between. Second place is not bad, justslower ranking and less good rewards, but with time you start winnig races if you are good enough, even 1200 level cars make mistakes.

Pros is that progression feels genuine, coming out of pve straight into pvp is a mistake, you'll get rammed into last place, but if you had enough time to prep some good parts from skill challenges you can do just fine. It doesn't feel like its a pay to win game yet in my league. This may change once i get to gold or something...

Overall, pretty solid game, great maps, modes, cars, visuals, music, decent campaign, great waifus. Barebones customizations, low co-op appeal, some laggy races, strange car physics are my only gripes.

I played it through with a bro and it was fun

I enjoyed just cruising across the big world

I got it free though so make what you want of that

Street cars drive like arse for some reason, while perf, circuit, dirt and raid drive much more smoothly.

Drifting feels just right in some levels with some cars, the mission where you drive the lovely Roxxane in the ice with a perf car drifts PERFECTLY. Its much better to handle than street thats for sure.

>just want a decent car game thats balanced between arcadey and autisim sim with a shitload of content and customization

>the crew is ass with ok customization
>new nfs has good graphics and customization but terrible actual gameplay
>FH3 seems like its actually amazing but lol win10 exclusive

thanks a lot.

hadn't used uplay since The Division

as far as map size and general comfiness goes, its great. lackluster in everything else though.

This as well. The amount of driving you can do. When I saw custom radio, I was quite sad though. Why can't we feature our own custom music. Still really fun for just driving around.

Though there is DLC "Buy The Wild Run" stuff. Which kind of does brings it down for me personally.

>You can live with your first car ever and never buy another one, but if you do buy another one you do have to grind some gear to get started on the pvp with it.
I bought second car pretty early honestly, Skyline only costed 100k and upgrades, including perf and looks only cost me 35k.

>even 1200 level cars make mistakes.
Oh totally, If anything I'd have seen most of those higher level cars making alot more mistakes. So there are either really good players who would never give up first position or something you chance of beating as long as you yourself not crash and stick to perfect line. I once came in third in race of 8 with everyone having 800+ car and I was with 170 Skyline.

>Coming out of pve straight into pvp is a mistake, you'll get rammed into last place,
Honestly depends on other car levels also. If they're near your range, go for it. It's fun.
Then again I do have all gold in Detroit and Chicago.

OP considering this game is free right now you should really give it a try! It's great game all in all!

So I just tried this game for the 1st time and I gotta say I like it. The beginning is really shit though because it throws you in mandatory races and the NPC bitch cancelled my waypoint and set a new marker to where the next story quest was, she even reset my car in freeroam because I drove too far away.

Anyway, once you unlock the proper freeroam, I had a blast. First thing I did was set a marker to the other end of the map and it took me about an hour to reach it, going through a day/night cycle, rain and snow. Saw some online players who were level 50 racing alongside me, it was really comfy.

I had fun because I just wanted a cheap FH3 replacement where I could drive without a goal. Don't care about the cheesy story but I'm sorta interested in completing it to get better cars/upgrades.

>Street cars drive like arse for some reason
Haven't unlocked rest. I'm still at level 16, but Skyline is absolutely blast to drive. I think it's something common to tuners maybe that they handle well. Most cars you can buy early on are all muscles and few tuners. Exotics cost too much for me.

>cheesy story
Man Ubi why you fucked up on this part.
They could've gone with customizable character like TDU, who was mostly not named, or just gone by "playa" "Racer" or something. It kinda ruins immersion for me slightly.

Nice, sounds pretty decent. And being free makes it even better.

I have win10 so i thought about forza.

thanks for the info.

>Then again I do have all gold in Detroit and Chicago.
Exacly, if you are prep'd for pvp like so, you can do just fine, but remember that platinum parts you unlock after reaching overall level 40 aways upgrades your car lavel, while gold parts stagnate around level 47~ and wont give your car more than 1000 levels. [spoilers]I can be wrong though, lvl 40 but not very far into the game yet.[/spoilers]

Two problems about the game though, my side/rear mirrors are all blurry like you see in the picture and my engine sounds are really low even on max in-game volume for some reason.

sounds exactly like what i'm looking for. i played the beta for it on ps4, and i liked it overall.

but being ubisoft, i didn't have much faith in it so I decided not to buy it at release.

Mostly made by former Eden games people. I loved the Test Drive Unlimited games.

>spoilers

kek

just play forza, retards

>>cheesy story
>Man Ubi why you fucked up on this part.
>They could've gone with customizable character like TDU, who was mostly not named, or just gone by "playa" "Racer" or something. It kinda ruins immersion for me slightly.

agreed. NFS 2015 went all out with their story and made it a wigger cringefest.

I never get it right the first time.

buy it for me, faggot

Just CTRL+S

oh shit

>yfw it actually works

Jesus Christ. I've been doing wrong my entire life

I just didn't like the story because in the end I didn't even get to hold hands with Roxxane, why even show her in a cinematic in her sexy fully rendered body so my character doesn't even do anything with her.

Add a romance Rox option and I'll buy the dlc.

The map is cool (some areas are comfy as fuck) and there's a ton of content but the cars control like ass, that killed the game for me.

are the physics worse than gta iv?

i played the beta for the crew but barely remember the vehicle handling

>are the physics worse than gta iv?
no, but they're still pretty bad. The cars feel too weightless.

see
It may be because your car is either a street tune, or its just you tested one car. Other cars may handle more nicely.

it's free so there's that. It's pretty bad in most ways, if you even remotely have interest in cars it's not worth it

wait. why would they put the crew out for free? i thought they were only doing old games

It's a one month thing

Just get Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Apex 6.

If ramming innocent people when in free roam sounds fun to you then yes :^)

Wait horizon games sre on pc?

Pretty much exactly this desu. Been playing it since launch and i probably would have dropped it already if the world wasn't as big as it is.