ITT: we posts the wost 3D zelda dungeons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_4FY3KzzUU
youtube.com/watch?v=rKWygWknI1w
youtube.com/watch?v=OOmOzWdHzHU
youtube.com/watch?v=0qAvtuEtfQU
youtube.com/watch?v=fNDLoncWz30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember hating Jabu Jabu, but on a recent replay I couldn't really figure out why

The only thing about it that was really annoying was the big octo

ITT: we reveal our shit taste

I think it was just the general grossness of the atmosphere, the lack of interesting music and the sound effects. And the bubbles. Fuck the bubbles. Also it was annoying when you fell down the wrong hole

I didnt like any of the mini dungeons in ganons castle at the end of oot

Deku Tree is boring
Beneath the Well is tedious
And personally, I think the Spirit Temple is a bit underwhelming.

>inb4 Cred Forums outs themselves as a bunch of contrarians

But it wasn't that bad...

Great Bay Temple is pretty garbage imo

anti-intellectualism at its finest

I loved the spirit temple. It is probably my second favorite. my favorite is the stone tower temple

The music tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_4FY3KzzUU

I could listen to this for hours.

Hmm, the only levels that actually punish you for wandering around without thinking...

i think you just outed yourself as a shitter

OoT 3D made this dungeon actually fun.

Every Wind Waker dungeon except for Earth Temple.

The boot swapping was the only real flaw

The bottom of the well is 80% optional though

If you're not interested in the skulltulas then you can run to the back, play zelda's lullaby, fight dead hand and grab the lens of truth, and be on your way

I found the spirit temple pretty underwhelming too though

Tried too hard to be water temple 2.0

That's not what my childhood fantasies say.

>mfw i beat the game without the lens of truth

Morons triggered by water

Best dungeon in the game IMO, but I have a boner for playing as Zora Link.

i hated the music for that level. SO DAMN REPETITIVE

ITT: We reveal our shit spelling

Arguably the worst in TP, but TP never drops below mid tier in terms of dungeons.

Keep your fetishes to yourselves please

Great bay was fun.

I love the music for it.

Never finished spirit tracks because of that

Fuck that place

Jabu Jabu made me quit the game. Fuck that dungeon.

>playing as Zora Link

I predicted a faggot like you would say something. I just like boomerangan, electric shieldan, swimman, and martial artsan everything. Zora Link GOAT, mang.

who drew the map inside jabu jabu's belly?

It was better than the awful tower in ST

Vorefags.

It was actually my favorite child dungeon after tthe dullness that was Dodongo's Cavern.

The dungeon is fine. It requires an understanding of the its layout and the water level mechanic. However nigga link and having to equip/unequip your iron boots are their own issues

Even for a fantasy land the entire dungeon never made any sense.

that's not Dodongo's Cavern

Oh whoops I went and mixed up PH and ST again

I haven't actually played ST, but if it's anything like PH I'd probably hate it

best 3d zelda dungeon?

Dungeons are literally the only good part of ST. If you aren't in a dungeon, the game is unmitigated shit. I haven't finished it, but that's because there are parts that aren't dungeons. God, why is ST's overworld so overwhelmingly bad? Trains were a goddamn mistake, I tell you hwat.

Best one is pic related.

For worst ones I'd say Spirit Temple in TP was annoying as fuck, at least when I played it like 9 years ago.

Majora's Mask in its entirety. Shit game

And also never exceeds mid tier either. And no, a cool theme doesn't save the yeti mansion in terms of level design

I never understood the hate for this temple. It's really fun and the music is amazing.

Shadow Temple or Arbiter's Grounds. Spooky Zelda is best Zelda.

Stone tower

>tfw the dungeon itself is a puzzle

>I love the music for it.
>KLANK *murmurmurmurmurmur* KLANK

It's lovely

We're not talking first time here are we? But I love that you can do this.

>hating the yet mansion

It's only behind city in the sky in terms of level design in TP

wish the boss for arbiter grounds was better but yeah its probably my favorite twilight princess dungeon
best 3d zelda dungeon by far

>level that required you to think a in three dimensional way
>level that required you to pay attention to the level and learn how it operates

>bad
of course anything that requires an iota of problem-solving in an action adventure game is "that part"

Spirit Temple > Jenga shit

>Oops, you destroyed the wrong number of columns and now you can't progress. Better go back to the start
Fun

Oh please. Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Ocarina of Time pales in comparison to the terribleness that is Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages.

Yeah, I know it's a 2D dungeon. Sue me.

first blind playthrough i didnt find the eye of truth. bongo bongo was a pain in the ass

Arbiter's Ground is arguably one of the best level in the series.

The dungeon is boring is shit. It's not hard, it's not frustrating, it's tedious and nothing fucking happens.

This one is fucking hard as hell and not satisfying in any way. You get a decent boss fight I guess.

And if you want to find the fairies you might as well jump off a cliff.

>Oops, you destroyed the wrong number of columns and now you can't progress. Better go back to the start

video?

Yikes, that sounds harder than a 3 heart run.

No man, Face Shrine is by far the worst 2D Zelda Dungeon ever. I was stuck on that one for years.

Navigating Snowpeak Mansion is neat, it's just that the actual objectives in question are puzzlingly mundane. I'd also say Arbiter's Grounds and City In The Sky are well above average for Zelda dungeons, Goron Mines and Temple of Time have some pretty neat ideas,and Hyrule Castle is pretty fun as a battle gauntlet sort of thing, which leaves Forest Temple and Palace of Twilight which are just alright even though the latter has one of the better bosses in the game.

pleb detected

> it has the word ocean in it therfor its a woter temple
fuck off you faggot

>video?
Yeah, let me just download, boot up and play all the way through the game to this specific part while recording it so I can entertain you.

Stallord's one of the more fun bosses, especially when you consider that EVERY boss in TP is piss easy save maybe Zant and Ganondorf, who are just normal easy.

>Look how contrarian I am you guys!

typical pleb response

Your post said that it's possible to get stuck on that dungeon, which would be a serious flaw design. So yes i want a proof

>nothing fucking happens.
-One of the best items in the game is revealed
-Showdown with a badass midboss who knows your every move
-Boss is a lovecraftian horror
-Dungeon actually requires a bit of thought, not even much
Yeah you're a shitter

which zeldas games will a 2ds be able to run?

The Water Temple in Majoran's Mask was worse.

Do it properly atleast

POST ITT:

>WORST 3D ZELDA DUNGEON
Forsaken fortress - Windwaker

It was just a drag. Even with the bird there was no excitement. Waste of potential.

Special mention goes to gerudo training grounds. mini dungeon but was fucking boring anyways.

>BEST 3D ZELDA DUNGEON
Snowpeak ruins - TP

I know, i know. I just found it really well made. And the additional spook towards the end made it instantly memorable. Also the way you even approach the dungeon is great.

It's creepy as fuck, that's what makes it not the worst.

Also doesn't help that I was watching Deep Rising as I was playing through the dungeon.

The original
Link's Awakening
OoT
Majora's Mask
Oracle games
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Four Swords Anniversary Edition
ALBW
Triforce Heroes

I quit the game after the third time trying to figure it out as a kid. Younger me had no problem with OoT, but this temple was impossible for me.

awesome thank you

I just replayed WW and I wanted to kill myself while going through the Wind Temple. So much item juggling for almost nothing interesting, controlling Makar was obnoxious, and God help you if you lost you bearings on where you're heading or accidentally fell down in the central room. It wasn't even terribly hard, just a painfully boring slog. Forbidden Fortress isn't good either but at least I didn't contemplate suicide to stave away the boredom with it.

true, i might have supressed that part somehwere in my head. It really was annoying. Seem to recall wallmasters being a problem in that place too if you're not careful.

Deku Tree is great when you're a little kid and this is your first 3D zelda. Fucking everything was great.

Chaos knight.

Worst dungeon in the series right there.
Worst than the oceans king temple.

>Even with the bird there was no excitement. Waste of potential.

Now that's just bullshit.

Can we all at least agree that Deku Palace is the best side dungeon?

I remember the first time I finished OoT I started MM right away and got stuck there. It was pretty hard for the place of the game it was.

>Perpetually descending platforms and a waterfall pouring into a bottomless pit

Most horrifying thing in Zelda is the bottomless pits

>-One of the best items in the game is revealed
What? You literally get a longer version of an item you already had.
>-Showdown with a badass midboss who knows your every move
You mean 'kill it with one of 2 moves.boss'?
>-Dungeon actually requires a bit of thought, not even much
Easy as shit on my first try (I was 13), and I didn't even know the blue tunic was an item. The forest temple was infinitely harder to navigate (albeit for mostly stupid reasons).

Man, the deku tree was what made me fall in love with oot

Not that guy; you can lower the entire platform and re-raise it to prevent getting stuck. Still annoying though.
Majora's mask water temple is literally amazing. You just have to realize that it actually makes sense unlike 90% of zelda dungeons.

The only thing I really hated was carrying the princess around. Which wasn't even really that big of a part.

It's been YEARS, so my memory might be shit.

I think I prefer Snowpeak Ruins over Arbiter's Grounds. The latter starts to feel empty after the miniboss, and the spookiness wears off.

The former has something going on in it constantly, even if it is just stuff like trying to find a key and helping to make soup.

Great Bay Temple bugged me more than this place...

Wow holy fuck man, that triggered me

I must have been retarded as a kid because I could never remember what was where, like which direction and which floor. But I replayed it when I was older and it was fine.

I think the Spinner shenanigans in the back half of Arbiter's keeps it interesting without overstaying its welcome. I can understand preferring Snowpeak though, its design is simply top tier through and through.

That's most of zelda games to be honest, when you're 10 all the enemies look hard, but i recently replayed the 3D games and never got a game over and most puzzles i solved way quicker.

no, your taste is shit because you think
>XDDD it's another water temple
MM has no bad dungeons, the worst it gets is the beginning of Stone Tower which is still a good dungeon overall

I got game overs on WW and TP but that's because they have Hero Mode on the HD versions, especially TP when you slap on the Ganondorf amiibo. The things that can one-shot you under those conditions are ludicrous but man, it's fun.

I didn't mind this temple as a kid. It wasn't particularly challenging and I found the key inside the tower easily enough.

That said, it was really fucking annoying to navigate

Save and Quit's Belly was worse

I really need to replay Ages. I don't remember the trauma even though I beat it a couple times as a kid.

It's a shame how easy enemies in 3D Zelda games usually are, considering how intimidating they can look.

Worst 3D dungeon is the Earth Temple.

Try to prove otherwise.

Flying and light beams were great.

It's the only half-decent dungeon in WW. All the others are worse still.

Kill yourself faggot.

Arbiter's Grounds or Shadow temple?

in OOT and MM at least some enemies were threatening (the fire bats, the iron knuckles) and in later temples the enemies could take do 1 heart as damage, ganon did 4.

in WW and TP i don't think anything did over 1 heart of damage, and hearts are everywhere on the grass/pots... might as well have infinite HP.

Combat was never zelda's thing anyway except in Zelda II (That's why we have dark souls)

I'm a colossal faggot for both but Shadow Temple.

Shadow Temple is one of the shittiest dungeons period. Arbiter's is pretty mediocre but has an amazing boss and miniboss

Palace of Twilight is the shittiest dungeon TP has

Nah, Dodongo's Cavern is worse. Bland, bats all over the place, and it takes way too long in master quest.

>2016
>not just memorizing the Haunted Wasteland sequence and skipping the Lens entirely

Casuals

>Ganon in OoT could do 6 hearts of damage without the reinforced health
>Ganondorf them most he can do in TP is 3 hearts of damage
>TP Ganondorf is supposed to be the strongest Ganondorf

I'm telling you, Hero Mode makes the Gamecube 3D Zeldas feel way better. Double damage plus no heart drops brings the difficulty up to that of an average Zelda - still easy, but at least death is possible. Not gonna lie, it can be pretty thrilling to be down to one heart with nothing in your bottles and wondering if you can make your way without getting killed. Mostly an early game feel but it's still a good one.

What? The tower in ST was amazing.

The dungeons in ST are top shit but hooooly fuck why with the trains

The only temple I didn't breeze through on a replay was the water temple, and that was just because I forgot a couple of keys on the way to dark link and had to loop through the water levels a few extra times

Dude, what. Shadow's fantastic with its Lens of Truth and Hover Boots fuckery. The aesthetic is top tier and no other Zelda dungeon is quite like it. It's been my favorite since I first played the game some 15 years ago.

This is the one of the most intricate and treacherous dungeons in the series. I love it.

Man im hyped up for breath of the wild. Might get an Nx just for it

I was making good progress and then I got the item that changes how swimming controls and couldn't hold fast forward to make the game more bearable.

I liked PoT, even though there's no reason to limit which sol you had to get first beside s Aonuma's trademark faggotry.

I really hope Breath of the Wild has dungeons as memorable as OOT or TP's.

Wow, you beat me to it as I was posting the file

Have this one then

I'm guessing you played OG Wind Waker, since I've only played WWHD and I thought the Wind Temple was totally fine.

this picture's hilarious

I don't think the WW dungeons were bad, but they were definitely forgettable.

honestly i jsut want tough bosses

PoT's pretty standard fare stuff but it looks really cool. Then again, I actually like the bloomfest that is the Twilight Realm.

Nope, it was HD. After playing that I never want to touch the original again, though. Granted, WW wasn't a favorite of mine even in its heyday but revisiting it with HD really cemented how I felt about its dungeons after all these years. Sailing's still pretty cool though, especially with the Swift Sail. That part I always though WW got right.

They look like they're gonna be memorable, at least. Even piss-easy Skyward Sword had Koloktos.

I thought the tusks on this were helmet horns ala Phantom Ganon and he was flying around outside the castle like a ghost. Personally I thought it looked way more spooky that way.

got any more combat webms?

im hyped

Only all of them

Most of them feel phoned in to me. The bosses are pretty decent, I'll give it that. But the dungeon design proper is mostly so unmemorable, and when it is "memorable" it's because it's tedious like the shifting water levels in Temple of the Gods slowing the entire first half of the dungeon to a crawl. At least with the Earth Temple it was cool to fly around with Medli and it's always nice to see some Mirror Shield shenanigans.

it's the fact that you have to remember which hole in the floor you needed to fall through, and if you got it wrong you had to climb up a great big fucking wall just to try it again.
And then you had to do it with the princess, and if you got it wrong, you had to backtrack all the way to where ever she ends up when you lose her

Why didn't Nintendo give WWHD and TPHD an option to replay bosses? They clearly realized it was the right thing to do with OOT3D and SS, why the step back?

Godanmit, i hope the NX isn't a fucking piece of shit.

>you can just punt a stalfos' head off a cliff

I'm not the biggest fan of open world design but this game SCREAMS "little things", and sometimes it really is the little things that make life so sweet.

did they announce a release date for the console?

man even if the game is total ass ill still respect it more than TP and Sqiudward Sword

>that continued damage after the explosion

what

Fell down the hill

>tfw TP is your favorite Zelda

Still waiting to see some dungeons and towns before I make a final judgement. Mechanically it looks fucking sick but I want good dungeons, dammit.

Different development teams across all 3.

Also, TWW at least has always let you replay the main bosses. Sucks for fans of phantom ganon and the tower boss, though.

>deku tree gets infested with monsters
>dies
>jabu jabu gets infested with monsters
>no problemo

It's neat that the game acknowledges ragdolling down a hill as something that should actually hurt.

I think that's all the combat-focused webms, but I'm determined to take over this thread at this point

yeah so far it seems like a game to fuck around in rather than focus on the story and side quests, which i dont mind

Every Wind Waker dungeon including Earth Temple. They're all so unbelievably boring.

what was he trying to do in that webm?

Killing the Guardian with a pitchfork, controlled by FUCKING magnets

What the fuck was going on here?

He is using Magneisis, to move the metal weapon doing damage remotely

spaghetti party duh

Shadow Temple, a mausoleum in the back of the Graveyard, quite literally a house of the dead. Everywhere inside the Shadow Temple (ST from this point on), there are ghouls in the walls and fake walls that tell you about the blood of Hylians from ages past.

The walls in some of the rooms are made of the bones of the dead, mostly skulls. Most importantly, Dead Hand’s room. It attacks by biting you, as if trying to eat you. It seems as though, then, that Dead Hand was fed people. Basically, the preceding rooms would scare captives, destroying their nerves, with skulls on the walls, a few of them with glowing eyes. Then, they would be forced into Dead Hand’s room, bars preventing their escape. Dead Hand would eventually rise up and feast on their bodies, probably adding it to the walls (I get the feeling that the room is supposed to actually be surrounded by mounds of bones, not walls, but N64 texture is so limited). The red wounds on Dead Hand were most likely caused by captives who tried to retaliate, cutting Dead Hand’s body and arms.

To progress, one must go to a giant head with arms, his tongue as a platform to reach with the Sacred Feet. Why is it a tongue and mouth? Demons in many cultures are said to devour the living and quite literally, you are entering the darkness, to be consumed by it. However, in the end, I feel this was, once again, just a decoration.

torture dungeon. I thought that was obvious.

We find dual reapers with giant scythes. This room may have been used to behead captives in droves, but considering how easy it is to avoid the scythes, it is unlikely. There is a shortcut to the ferry from this room, and that was probably the main purpose. The second time we find scythes, they are invisible.

Then there’s the Rain of Pain. Potentially a very useful killing device, it would stab through everyone below. It that did not kill them, the shear weight of the Rain of Pain probably would. There seem to be a few jails in here as well. I wonder what they might serve. Why would Hylians jail people here? I’ll answer this later.

Gigantic skulls can be found. They would most likely strike terror into anyone’s heart. Why is there fire inside? Why, to throw bodies into it, of course. Anyone thrown inside would be burned alive, without any chance of crawling out. Perhaps a cremation device, although I’m not sure how Hylians would empty it.

Finally, we reach the ferry, and everything will soon start to come together. The ferry is simply a ride across Styx to reach the Hell at the end. We see the giant bird, although why it is here is still unknown. There is, ironically, a symbol of the Triforce on the ferry. The ST is the domain of the Goddesses? Perhaps. Or maybe it’s just the domain for those who worship the Goddesses.

Earth Temple's a bit better off than the others, but I'd still pick the worst dungeons from TP and SS over it. I would say OoT and MM but I'm not gonna lie, not a huge fan of the child dungeons or Snowhead in comparison. I'll give Earth Temple at least that much credit. Every other WW dungeon is rock bottom shit, though.

>He stubs his toe.
I am loving all of these little touches

At the very end of the ferry, there is a large gap. It looks as though there used to be a bird statue that acted as a bridge across. It has most likely fallen apart and crumbled into the abyss. The bird, I suppose I should say now, is likely either a raven or crow, two birds often associated with the darkness. I personally think it’s a crow, as the name of a flock of crow is “murder.” It has appeared as a statue at the very beginning, on the ferry, and here as another tall statue.
Finally, I can start pulling threads together. In the very back, there is a small maze. We have three rooms. One has closing spiked walls, a dirty way to kill off captives; another has three spinning giant skulls, more cremation devices (?). But the last room is the most interesting. There’s a bloody cross in the middle, and lots of blood everywhere. Unlike the other rooms and devices (the dual reapers, the Rain of Pain, the spiked walls), people were killed here by other people. There’s no special device or anything. Hylian hands basked in the blood of others. This is likely either a torture room, a twisted crucifixion, or just a murdering chamber in general.

I’m personally guessing it’s an interrogation room. Captives were tied or crucified onto the wooden stakes and then questioned to help gain vital information for the long war. Perhaps then, all the other rooms weren’t for any practical purpose besides one: to strike ultimate terror into the hearts of the captives of war. First, they are eaten by a giant demon head. Then a few captives would have to be examples. A couple beheaded by the dual scythes (even scarier when a person’s head just flies off, as you can’t see the scythes), a few impaled by the Rain, some thrown into the spiked wall room (most likely trying to claw their way out, screaming for help, and then their voices dying off as their tracheas are stabbed and crushed).

Forgot I had another combat one in here

Even the bootswapping could be done pretty fast. Either hit pause, left, A, pause, or pause, right, A, pause. The dungeon uses to few items that you never even need to leave the Equipment menu except to find that one fucking key in the center column room that required the water to be at a certain level.

>6
Those guillotines, so improperly placed along the path, were meant to strike fear, not heads. Even the ferry was meant to remind captives that they were going straight to Hell. This would all lead to more efficient interrogation.

And that would make the Hylians keepers of Hell, that Triforce symbol so symbolic of this. Zelda’s ancestors were likely to be sadists, who, after winning the war, likely toyed with their prisoners. Any bodies were at first likely cremated or fed to Dead Hand. Eventually, the Hylians most likely just threw them into the abysses.

This is why evil began to emanate from the ST. Of course, the ST was probably never meant for this. It is a mausoleum, first and foremost. A mausoleum is traditionally a tomb for important people, respected people. The respected people would be the warriors who died protecting their land. Suddenly, it is filled with the blood of the enemy, the captives thrown in here at the whim of the sadist Hylians. This burial is now defiled. The spirits of the dead soldiers most likely rose up to retaliate. They came back as Gibdos and ReDeads (not Link-humping fangirls, I swear). The Stalfos are probably a few of the armored soldiers, pissed off at the desecration.The manifestation of hate towards the Hylians is Bongo Bongo. A faceless monster, he represents the faceless warrriors who have died, anonymous to the Royal Family, their bodies lost in Hell. He has a singular red eye that scowls at you. Red is the color of blood and death, flesh and life. That single red eye nearly looks like it’s blooming. A red rose, perhaps? A red rose is a symbol of socialism; I suppose that would refer to all the souls of the angered warriors, joining their hate together as one. Finally, Bongo Bongo’s hands beat a drum, maybe a war drum, to call to action the dead spirits to kill all the noble

Wasn't the skeleton wall section of the Shadow Temple was supposed to be based off of the Paris Catacombs?

Shut uuuuuuup

Hylians who have disgraced the dead.
This is why the ST was sealed off. Sheikah, who are not Hylians, could probably more freely enter the ST, as the hatred wasn’t totally directed towards them. That is how Impa could probably seal off the evil. But, interestingly, there are a few seals. First off, the actual passage to the ST is inaccessable; one generally needs a teleportation song to reach it. Secondly, a giant door seals the actual interest (sealed with the symbol of the Sheikah, no doubt, it is their magic). Finally, the only way to open the door is with a Fire spell, whose conveniently found within Hyrule Castle gates, behind a giant boulder. The sign next to the boulder even attempts to discourage others from approaching by merely listing it as a dead end. This provides a few hurtles to leap before releasing the evil in the Shadow Temple.

But, of course, Bongo Bongo was sealed in the well, not in the Shadow Temple. The well was probably an extension of the Shadow Temple, as there are torture rooms down there. There aren’t many abysses, so the Dead Hand here probably feasted on more flesh than the one in the Shadow Temple. The very bottom of the well, the claw-shaped caves, were probably death pits to throw prisoners into.Although we are not told the actual seal the Sheikah used to contain Bongo Bongo, one could have been the water of the well. Perhaps a vain attempt to wash away the blood on the hands of the Hylians, the Royal Family.

end

This still blows my mind.

Will we ever see blood in TLoZ again?

TP's locked gates in Hyrule Field are smeared with blood.

Last one for tonight, I need some sleep. Hope you guys enjoyed.

What about Earth Temple isn't shit? It involved the Command Melody which is already a problem, and unlike the Wind Temple Medli sticks around more so you actually have to use it. The layout is utterly brainless. It's an entirely linear path where the one fork in the dungeon is blocked by the Mirror Shield, but after getting the shield you're put directly in front of the fork so there is literally no exploration or spatial reasoning. Speaking of the Mirror Shield, it is the worst item in the entire game and is never used again outside of the Earth Temple (which is why WW enforcing dungeon order makes no sense). There are basically no puzzles. Every single mirror "puzzle" involves pushing mirror blocks on linear tracks with indentations at the end where they need to be. There is no thought that goes into any of them. The solution is always push block until the game doesn't let you push it anymore, taken to an absurd degree in the basement room that has like six mirrors. Everything else is similarly rote: burn the one curtain in the room, use the one Chu to hit the one switch, go through the dark fog to the one door. No challenge, no possibility of getting lost, absolutely nothing but tedium.

Jabu jabu's vagina

>shoot the red barrel
>it doesn't explode

quite informative, thanks!

thanks for posting user. I hope you have pleasant nightmare

The hate on TP is ridiculous. To this day I'll still say it has the greatest temples in any 3D Zelda.

City in the Sky, Snowpeak, and Arbiter's Grounds are all God Tier.

Flying with Medli and having 2 characters to bounce light beams with. I never said it was a great dungeon, just a little better than the rest of them. Also, Mirror Shield does get a couple minor uses outside of the dungeon, though to be fair TP loves the Spinner more than WW loves the Mirror Shield in terms of overworld use.

Mfw i beat this w/o guides or internet and didnt have any real issues, seemed pretty straight forward to me.

I agree and everything, but I'll never understand why people love City in the Sky so much.

It feels so bland, empty, and redundant to me.

im glad you have the patience to sit through this horrendous music : youtube.com/watch?v=rKWygWknI1w

Where? Unless there's a Triforce piece I don't remember that requires the Mirror Shield. It definitely isn't used in the Wind Temple, and even the rehash dungeon at the end of the game doesn't use it.

You have to use it for the boss re-fight, but I don't think that counts.

Thread should have ended here

People are really afraid of damage numbers, but I think a simple damage system like Paper Mario or La-Mulana would benefit the standard formula.
BotW seems like it's going to address some of that.

I love it because Double Clawshots are rad, the visual design is pretty cool, and the dungeon proper is one of the biggest the series has ever seen. Argorok also has a cool as fuck atmosphere even if the boss fight is really easy.

Some random grotto where you shift a few blocks to climb the top of it where a light shines down for you to reflect into a treasure chest. It's nothing major, but I distinctly recall finding that grotto like 2 dungeons into the game and internally bitching about how I needed the Mirror Shield for an otherwise easy chest.

It's conceptually really big, especially when you end up on the outside of the main building.

But the music is gay as shit. But it features the Oocoo Orchestra so it's a given.

Oh yeah you're right, transparent chests.

Still can't stand the dungeon. So much wasted potential.

Yo that item looks neat as fuck

Oh, and the rehash dungeon does use it. There's a switch that needs a Chuchu on it to lower some stairs in the Earth Temple part. Novel use of it, I know.

thaat was like scratching a chalk board .wtf were they thinking

I've beaten TP 7 times and not once has this ever annoyed me.

Dungeons that show the outside are the shit.
Being able to spot the desert colossus in TP is one of the best things in a video game, kinda like this. It's eerie, but neat.

im glad it doesn't bother you. its the only zelda dungeon playt hrough with the volume muted

I don't hear the problem

I mean, it's a pretty calming synth melody. Sounds like something I'd expect from Glover, only a hair more somber in tone.

i just hate that weird chicken noise thing that repeats 30s

>desert colossus in TP
nani?!?

Ah. I like surreal shit like that in general.

This was the worst 3d zelda dungeon and anyone pretending otherwise is kidding themselves

Ganons tower from WW would be worse if it counted as a full dungeon

>I hate fun

Thanks for telling us

i only wish nintendo would add difficulty settings so people over the age of 12 could enjoy a challenge.

>completely linear map, just a single corridor for 10 rooms in a row
>puzzles are all terrible
>stupidly long escort mission AND backtracking with nothing new added to the whole dungeon when you do it
>worst boss in any 3d zelda
>dungeon item is basically a key, has no actual functional use in normal gameplay

no, temple of time was objectively the worst dungeon, the only redeeming thing in the whole shitshow was the miniboss

if they actually designed the dungeon around either the verticality and/or the backtracking for interesting puzzles it might be fun. If the dominion rod had actual uses in the game beyond a few scripted doors to open, say letting you gain control over basic enemies, that might be fun. If the boss wasn't just a cinematic event "press X to win", that might be fun

Going back down is pretty boring since IIRC none of the enemies besides the shitty spiders respawn on the way back.

best zelda dungeon music?

youtube.com/watch?v=OOmOzWdHzHU

youtube.com/watch?v=0qAvtuEtfQU

City in the Sky has the only puzzle in Zelda history to stump me (the one in the main room where you have to hang from the grating in the room above and double-clawshot onto the switch to turn on the fans which lead to the final boss).

And the music is fine. Eery and airy, just like the dungeon.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNDLoncWz30

This is the correct answer. Good one, user.

I'd rather babysit a statue than replay WW dungeons.

Personally, the Sacred Grove puzzle fucks my shit up.

>Rust gameplay

Snowpeak was so comfy to play.

Has anyone ever tried making the soup from it?

Cool gimmick if you only have one bottle. Otherwise is even easier than TP usually is.

earth temple and wind temple were only bad BECAUSE of escort missions
and thats what temple of time is
so we can't say they're worse when temple of time is offending for the same reason

but WW was also fucking shit because you literally had to replay dungeons to pad out gameplay length. Both ganons tower and forsaken fortress were recycled bullshit

>get both bottles of fairy tears
>never want to let them go
>the third is designated to a fairy
>fourth alternates between oil, soup, and gold chu jelly
I like bottles.

>muh lovecraftian horror meme
please fuck off. it's a water tentacle, get over it. it's not scary, it's not insanity, it's a fucking amoeba. literally an amoeba.

Yeah you can. Earth Temple and Wind Temple are worse than Temple of Time. WW dungeons never had particularly good design. At least Temple of Time's ascent was worth more than both dungeons, and even then the descent was still at least better than Wind Temple's absolute shitfest design.

>those textures

This shit looked incredible when I was 13.

Same, except I was 15. Some will say it looked muddy and dated on release but I sure as shit didn't think that at the time.

Ocarina of time has cool boss designs but Morpha isn't one of them.

It's a gay Ameoba and it's too fat to even get out of it's tub to kill you.

same, I was 10 when this game released. holy shit it looked so awesome. playing the HD version now, i cringe.

jesus christ that shit was obnoxious. Ive honestly never had any real problems with water temples, no real ill will towards them, but jesus fuck, jabu jabu in Ages can suck my time traveling dick.

temple of times "ascent" was just a linear room to room corridor, the verticality had no gameplay purpose.
strip away the escort garbage and earth and wind temples are just completely average and mediocre 3d zelda dungeons. They're only worse than the dragons roost and forbidden woods because of that gimmick
branching corridors, puzzles that at least tried to be interesting, gimmicks OTHER than just the escort mission gave them redeeming features

temple of time was just "walk in a straight line doing boring button puzzles, then escort back in a straight line with no new content, then walk in a straight line to the worst boss in the series"

i dont care what you think, morpha was a visually awesome boss even if the fight mechanics were garbage
the intro into the fight with water perspective and the tentacle's reflectiveness were great, its just the fight itself was dumb

it would be better if it came at you with 8 tentacles instead of 2, couldn't be cheesed with a corner, had more to protect itself against just hookshot slash hookshot slash

ToT was great, and it actually made a command gimmick fun

It's funny to me that you attack Temple of Time for being linear when its big key manages to be more out of the way than any map, compass, or big key in WW. If you aren't paying attention you can definitely walk right past it, which is more than I can say for any WW dungeon. And I'll concede that Earth Temple tried to be interesting with its use of Medli and the Mirror Shield but that's all offset by the awful, pacing kiliing floormasters. Oh no, Medli got caught, time to run back 5 rooms and rescue her ass AGAIN. And the decent ideas it did have only got a very standard implementation across the board, save maybe the glorified block "puzzle" in the basement. Temple of Time's room-by-room level design manages to beat that out. And Wind Temple? Oh man, there wasn't a single moment in that pile that I actively enjoyed. I got more out of Temple of Time's weight puzzle than that entire dungeon - at least that was a puzzle you had to solve under two separate conditions, even if it was easy as fuck. Still did more for me than that godawful central room, bouncing back and forth between almost every fucking item you have for bland as fuck level design - the best part about using items in the Wind Temple was combining the iron boots and Hookshot to move statues which happened like twice - and having to deal with Makar's annoying controls. Flying with Medli was at least kind of fun, but Makar's physics were just tedious.

The Sheikah are literally the Royal Family's secret police force, and the Shadow Temple is their Gitmo, where they imprisoned and tortured criminals and dissidents.

NX? I know I"ve been under a rock for ages, but please tell me they didn't make it so that it's NX only. It is still going on the Wii U, yeah?

So WiiU or NX for BotW? I bought the WWHD Wii U 3 years ago just for BotW's release but now that they're giving it the TP treatment, I don't know how to feel.

It is. However, most people didn't buy a WiiU. I mean I did so I'm set, but most people didn't.

Who is telling that to Link?

You and OP fucking suck. All 3 of the kid temples are really fucking good.

The Skulls?
Impa?

I think a Statue talks to you earlier.

Ah, point, gotcha. Just thought nintendo was gonna fuck over again.

I'm still salty as fuck about TP's release. I had preordered TP for the Gamecube, and then found out the Wii version was being released first to promote the new console. The release date? Nov 19, My fucking birthday. Pissed me nine kinds of off. Thought they might be doing something similar with BotW after those who do own a Wii U hyping all this time.

I keep forgetting the trick to that one, its the one you have to jump on top of raised blocks right?

The walls.

They're pretty handily the weakest in the game compared to what follows it, and compared to most proper Zelda dungeons they feel like tutorials save perhaps Jabu Jabu's Belly, but who like escort quests?

I think the walls of the shadow temple can talk, not like that would be out of place there.

Why the hell do Metroid fans care about Metroid so much when they could be playing this, is all seriousness?

We don't know hard release dates but I think Nintendo has gone on record saying that there won't be any notable differences between the two versions, assumedly in terms of performance. I hope that's the case since that would imply version parity, which gives me hope that the WiiU version won't get left behind in any respect. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a simultaneous release. It's possible that it won't be, but I'll be surprised if it's not.

>Wall that actually talk to you about the horrors they witnessed
Deepest lore

I don't trust a word from Nintendo since they said the NX wasn't immediately going to replace the WiiU and yet they've ceased production on the WiiU.

Because they aren't the same thing? I mean, I like both but Zelda isn't Metroid and vice versa. Maybe some people want to explore alien planets as a badass bounty hunter.

They do, they conform half of the vocal minority that wants a playable female Link so they can pretend to play with medieval Samus.

>Because they aren't the same thing?

No, they aren't. Btu what does Metroid really offer over Zelda?

>tower in st
>a new minidungeon on every floor

>temple of the ocean king
>have to backtrack and complete a section already completed on the previous go, everytime

tower in ST is like 5 small dungeons in one, why would anyone hate on it

I can only hope. Though version differences wasn't what ticked me off, it was that the gamecube version was the obvious origional copy, since the Wii one was mirrored, yet while it was probably good to release, for marketing's sake they put it behind a few months to promote the new console.

It made sense business wise, but to 16y/o me, it had me pissed as hell. At least when they fuck me over this go around I'll be more level headed, though after this past year of their fuckups I wouldn't be surprised.

>Maybe some people want to explore alien planets as a badass bounty hunter.

?

And in terms of design they still aren't the same as Zelda tends to sequence its setpieces, dungeons, and overworld more obviously than Metroid does, though later Metroids such as Fusion and Corruption are still more sequenced out than the earlier entries in the series. Still, some people might prefer Metroid's more generally free-flowing approach.

Bullshit
lens of truth is necessary for crossing the desert, there's no way to cross it unless you look up the map on the web and even then it's hard
for bongo bongo it isn't necessary, you can use the sound to find him and use cheap tactics like quickspins

>Spirit Temple in TP

There was a Spirit Temple in Twilight Princess?

Nah senpai, if you watch the lightning with the markers you can make it through without the lens just fine.

that its good game design I think, thats why they are fagots that are scary of some good water levels

I second that

rule 34 that shit dude

kek

true, it feel enormous

song of storms only helps you see the markers, theres no markers in the lens of truth section, you have to memorize the path or be using an online map to have any chance

I must have a really good memory then because to feel like a badass I did it before without the lens just using Song of Storms and I swear there was guidance.

There's a face in that thumbnail and it's a little bit creepy.

>the one in the main room where you have to hang from the grating in the room above and double-clawshot onto the switch to turn on the fans which lead to the final boss
Fuck I felt like a genius when I figured that out.

Twilight Princess has the worst dungeons but best bosses

BDSM

I think you have that backwards broham

Couldn't be more ass backwards if you tried. TP excelled in dungeon design but its bosses were all bark and no bite.

>Hating that final 1v1 swaord fight between Link and Ganon

spotted the plebs

Holy shit i didnt know emerald weapon showed up in crisis core

Aesthetically pleasing but piss easy, like EVERY BOSS in TP. That said, Zant and the Ganondorf boss gauntlet do hold better up better than the other 7 bosses. You can't just document one phase of one boss and then say the game as a whole as the best bosses. And even then, worst dungeons? Have you even played Wind Waker?

Fuck the Insides of Jabu Jabu's Belly

I couldn't figure out shit in that dungeon, I couldn't kill any enemies. I don't even remember how I got through it despite playing it recently.

BotW looks good, but I don't know if I want to get a whole console for one game.

To be fair, it looks like one hell of a game. They've taken over 5 years to develop this thing and it's really showing.

Maybe I'll get a cheap used Wii U I guess.

Hole Room
Go back to Hole Room with Ruto
Mess arond in those annoying corridors behind the Hole Room
Back to Hole Room
Fight Miniboss/Boss

It's insultingly simple compared to Dondongo's Cavern. Unless you mean OoA which is actually nightmarish.

>get a whole console for one game.

Bayonetta 1&2

Also this.

You start.

>shoot the black barrel
>The rest of the black barrels burn down the city

I spent most of the dungeon in the hole room trying to get on platforms I couldn't reach, I didn't even notice there was a platform that elevated you back up from another room, I kept climbing up the vine to go back up. I even went back to the mouth a few times because my sense of direction sucked.

I was probably just being a moron, but out of all the temples I've played in tp, ww, ss, fs, and oot, that was the worst for me.

I always thought the spirit temple and STT were good climax dungeons, spirit temple gets some bonus points for exploring Gannondorf's heritage and background which is cool.

Aesthetically I think the forest temple is cool being a haunted manor in the middle of the woods with no real reason to be there. It kinda adds to the mystery.

I liked Arbiter's Grounds as well but it's a shame you barely use the dungeon item outside of the dungeon.

Spinner gets a little more love than it's given credit. The issue is more how limited its utility is rather than how much its used. There's a number of spots across the overworld that use it but it also returns in Temple of Time, City In The Sky, and Hyrule Castle. It's simply a shame that scaling walls and using it as a glorified key mechanism is all it's really good for. Oh, and traversing quicksand but that actually only does happen in Arbiter's Grounds, which is wasted potential for sure.