twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw I've been doing this for ten years
>can't hear any music at all without holding notes and chords on my left hand

guitar hero 3 was the best one

>that band that Guitar Hero introduced you to
Who was it

RALLY 'ROUND THE FAMILY

Honestly like all of them.
I was 10 when I got GH3 so I had no music preferences until then.

Interpol.
Obstacle 1 had some kick-ass drums.

My negros. Guitar Hero really left its impact in me. Even when it comes to trying to imagine the notes chart of instruments that aren't a guitar.

After you git gud at music this happensIt's pretty fucking neato being able to visualise music like that.

I thought I was the only fucking one who did this.

I look like a retard in public even years later randomly fingering the air.

>listen to song
>imagine action or drama sequence in sync with song
>still do this even though I'm pushing 30

Dragonforce, And Eric Johnson.
Cliffs of Dover is 10/10

I'm probably autistic and know where every note on a guitar in standard tuning is and whenever I hear a song I cant help but to think of the easiest way to play the melody in standard tuning would be so listening to music is a chore to me.

I know World Tour wasn't that good of a game, but the Tool songs, together with the special venues made for those songs, were fucking godtier and the ones that introduced me and made me like what's now one of my favorite bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA

Metallica, desu

Member playing Guitar Hero for hours then shutting the game off and seeing the carpet or ceiling move in a swirling motion?

New album fucking when?

I've run out of clones to listen to, and Puscifer isn't cutting it.

>World Tour wasn't that good
Online was nice, and if the vocals weren't broken, it would have been pretty sweet.
>you can get 5 stars on a song with 50% in vocals
They fucking knew it was busted.

>New album fucking when?
God knows it's overdue. I feel you.

>Online was nice
I can't remember the exact reasons, but I never got too much into World Tour's online, and I played the crap out of GH3's online. World Tour as a whole would be a passing thought for me if not for Tool.

i really want to play the GH/RB games again through Dolphin, but my Bluetooth adapter is fucking retarded. what do?

>listen to song
>appreciate fun/good bass lines even if you don't like the song that much

youtu.be/sQIZa3MXPOY?t=15

>Metallica
how did GH introduce you to one of the most famous bands of all time?

Heard their song "One" being played on GH in a party back in 2008.

Also, stuff from Death Magnetic was playing constantly on the radio at the time, so that might've been a factor as well.

Holy fuck. I thought I was alone in this.

Do you plot out entire note charts like me?

There are PC versions of GH i think

not sure how much a USB controller will run you

underage faggots

Every time I listen to a song I move my feet slightly thinking of how a DDR chart for it would play

>winter 2008
>be 12
>at junior high band camp, staying in a comfy lodge out in the woods
>alone in my room
>hear someone playing the intro to One on guitar in another room, recognized it from GH3
>attempt to play it on my bass guitar, do it poorly but enjoy it
This era will never return.

Fuck. I want to die.

I used to do this, but for osu! and taiko

I didn't like rock/metal at all until guitar hero. Funny because right after that, I EXCLUSIVELY liked rock/metal for a while.

This is why I'm becoming an Animator.
Years of doing this and I can't take just letting it sit in my head.

MAYBE next year.

>TFW you have an entire alternate universe in your head

>Try to program Opeth's "The Moor" into Frets on Fire (too poor for GH back in the day when FoF was something I'd consider playing)
>Actually got a decent amount of work on it.
>Try playing it, realize FoF is shit, uninstall immediately

FoF wasn't that bad, was it? I remember liking it a lot.

>third game never

Post your favorite mix

First game
youtube.com/watch?v=5BF6htOHyOs
Second game
youtube.com/watch?v=oaFTIKkflgE

Same. I'm pretty autistic all things considered.

To this day I tap individual fingers to songs as if their guitar hero notes. I used to play it ALOT.

Hold your breath as you wish for death?

Oh please God wake me.

rancid has a bunch of good bass parts in their songs, i'm disappointed they didn't get more DLC in RB.

something like youtube.com/watch?v=b8VVtd5D29U i would have bought instantly

Johnny Got His Gun is actually a pretty good movie.

Aww look at them with their little plastic guitars.

You know that doesn't really teach you anything besides how to cover songs, you don't learn any fundamentals, just copy solos

It is. I have the book too.

Couldn't finish it because it gave me my first real nightmare in six years.

Been playing this. Hate when it reads the wrong notes.

>tfw I liked Faggotforce before Guitar Hero made them popular

Soen has like 3 good songs, the rest are super dull and basically identical.

Tool can get away with that sort of thing because there's so much depth to them - shit, every time I listen to Lateralus I notice a new rhythm or note that I didn't before.

>that kid who ended up getting them to play Dragonforce at the middle school dance
I have no idea how he did it but holy fuck the looks on those people's faces were priceless.

Even I thought it was cringy at the time, and I played hundreds of hours of Guitar Hero per week

There is actually fairly decent tutorial section that does cover a fair bit of how to do certain things (Palm Mutes, Pinch Harmonics, Slapping and Popping for bass, etc).

For everything it doesn't cover there is always the internet.

Check your intonation.

There's also the internet for all the stuff it does cover.

True story, I went to catholic school (fuck knows why, literally nobody in my family is religious) and got suspended for using Dragonforce and Iced Earth songs in one of my presentations.

stepmania.com/

Oh shit i thought i was the only autistic fuck doing this, feels pretty good that im not alone atleast

my nigga

Perhaps.

Even so, for people who are looking to learn guitar, it's still very great tool to have in order to build up muscle memory (and its just plain fun). Plus at there is Custom DLC (granted CDLC is pretty hit or miss depending on who charted it).

>listen to song
>imagine the perfect IIDX / osu! / SDVX chart in my head
>get home and load up the chart editor for either game
>it isn't good at all

The last thing I did
youtube.com/watch?v=x4Zgdz8qDL8

I was pretty active in the Frets on Fire community. I wasted so much time in high school charting songs.

They and Rishloo are among the better Tool clones, in my opinion.

They have a lot of Opeth influence as well.

>still haven't gotten around to buying a cheap used 360 GH2 guitar and playing torrented GH3 with all those modded songs

it's because whenever i play guitar hero i feel bad since i could be practicing with that guitar that i barely use

>listen to song
>imagine playing in front of the entire school
what was the song lads

>he doesn't use the Robot with the Fetus guitar

>there's the girl that left me bitter
>want to pay some other girl to just walk up to her and hit her
>oh but i can't i can't i can't i
>CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUUNT

i really wish i got into playing music and singing when i was a lot younger because then i could actually be doing that shit by now
if people liked gay indie rock where i lived that would be nice too

Dragonforce, The Outlaws (Green Grass and High Tides still remains one of my favorite songs in general), and Joe Satriani (which helped establish my love for instrumentals).

>had a stoner friend in highschool who was a fucking godly guitar player
>starts teaching me
>dies of an overdose before we get to the good shit

is this what it's like to be cucked

not really a band technically, but Dethklok (and then by extension Metalocalypse).

If you look at Rocksmith like anything but a hardcore mode guitar hero you should promptly kys yourself.

incubus

Not exactly GH, but in the same vein, Rock Band Unplugged made me start listening to Jethro Tull.

I still have the Dead Kennedys and some other band's discography pending.

>that Citywalk launch event video in Hollywood for World Tour
>people freaking out on just seeing in the set list
>"BEAT IT - MICHAEL JACKSON"

>is this what it's like to be cucked
Yes, actually, that's basically it.

Cliffs Of Dover.

describe it

The human brain is fucking weird, man. Shit expands infinitely inward, you can imagine entire worlds with characters who have hopes and dreams, and who imagine other worlds.

> Not getting your music taste from Tony Hawk's games
Underage fags itt
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyuQe8n9Xyg
I still listen regularly to most of the punk rock and ska bands from the early THPS games (1-4)

Bump

What's your rhythm game of choice in 2016, Cred Forums?

Stepmania. Both 4k and 6k.

Just bought an SVSE5 about a week ago, once that arrives I plan to play a shitton of kshoot.

I played a lot of FoF back in the day, too, but I think most pc people switched to GH3 customs. FoF's engine just isn't quite up to snuff when it comes to the real thing.

>listen to song
>imagine yourself playing it in front of everyone you know

>playing guitar doesn't really teach you anything

Theres 0 difference between playing rocksmith and playing with a backtrack, effect pedals, amp and tablature.

I'm in an ensemble!

I'm first cello! Good gravy, I'm with people I love!

Rock Band, because it actually taught me how to play the drums

>I'm not the only one
I guess what sepearates us from the Chris-chans is that we would never fucking tell this shit to anybody

Mercyful Fate.

>The track actually talks to you like a boss
>Its actually challenging
youtube.com/watch?v=E_3ledCtpV4
This is still my favorite rhythm game

You know that doesn't really teach you anything besides how to cover songs, you don't learn any fundamentals, just copy solos

You hear about his new Solo career with El-P?

I didn't like Digging for Windows that much, but I still have hope

It literally teached me how to play enough that when I got on a real kit I wasn't completely hopeless. Stuff like doing different rhythms with your arms and legs, breakbeats, really basic shit. Admittedly it didn't prepare me for hi-hat footwork but that was relatively easy.

I'm not saying it'll make you a master, but you'll at least get to above Meg White level.

knowing that feel is hell on earth

one day, im going to make a fucking game, goddamnit, and it's going to have all the autistic shit that I've dreamt up over the years

>little while back on .gif
>IRL Initial D thread
>all the Eurobeat gets me pumped
>now I can't stop imagining a rhythm game that also encompasses a racing game for the hypest FAST of all video games
>tfw it'll never be real

>.gif
I-I mean /gif/

Rush, Bang Camaro, and Buckethead.
Fucking GH2 was so much fun.

MISSISSIPPI QUEEN

if you know what I mean

Move onto rocksmith

I'm trying to think of some but I can't because I'm not a kid. Maybe Yes - Roadabout? I didn't know that Toadies song before and that's great

Rock Band 4. I got to keep all my old shit and they're adding new shit all the time. It ain't perfect by a long shot, but it's fun and great for parties.

This.
It has problems, Rock Band 3 is miles ahead of 4 but I'm fine with it since I'm usually only playing Ouickplay. Hope the Rivals DLC is great since I'm going to have to get it to play online...

Whew, and all this time I thought I was alone on this one.

I think part of the reason I'm so ok with 4 is because I literally never played online. Even last generation, I was always either playing by myself, or playing in a party setting. If I played online back then and then got RB4 and had to buy the expansion to get online, I'd be fucking furious. At least they are adding it, though, because it was KILLING their reputation not to have it.

I only ever played online once on Wii.
Migrating to PS4 wasn't really that bad, just that I bought the band bundle on launch, $250 when it fell in price quick. But I played the absolute fuck of it because I have the exports for Rock Band 1, 3, and Blitz before the game came out I prepared.
I prayed I can get the 2 export some how since it's the second rhythm game where I had most hours in, the first being Beatles Rock Band.

Use Phase Shift now, plays much better than FoF and other actually official rhythm games

Anyways OP, I did this all the time, and then when RBN happened I jumped right on board and never looked back until it shut down. I miss it so much.

do with with stepmania on keyboard
every song i listen to i imagine im playing the game and tapping along with it

OP: Yep, I've been doing this for years.
IIDX forever. Just got back from weekly Copula session. 2 new 12s cleared. Yay.

Verflucht DPA is a whore.

Tfw it didn't

I loved a lot of the songs and artist but without the strange peacefulness of the noise when you got a complete hit, I hated it.

I forgot what it as called I think you had to turn it on with cheats.

>Hope the Rivals DLC is great since I'm going to have to get it to play online...

You won't though. The synchronous online will be added for free around December. Rivals is a separate multiplayer feature.

You do. You have to get the Rivals expansion to get online in December. It's like Destiny and The Taken King. You only get the new features if you have the expansion

Posting best US Mix of DDR and 2nd best PS2 DDR.

Dream Theater.

What if we're just a figment of someone's imagination?

And that person is a figment of someone else's imagination?

The Mars Volta

An Endless Sporadic

Their new album is out too

WIT' A POCKET FULL OF SHELLS

COOOOOOOOME BREAK ME DOWN!!!

Not Guitar Hero, but Rock Band, and not even official Rock Band, but Rock Band Network: Children of Nova

Did you just make a post about this in this /jp/ rhythm game thread too.

>entire world with characters, histories, and locations mapped in my head since I was a kid
>as I get older I still carry them around in the back of my mind
>can't write or draw or do anything worth a shit to make them come alive.

The torment only ends with death.

beatmania IIDX
youtube.com/watch?v=IjZX8MvH3c8
youtube.com/watch?v=1phDdCLQjjE

pop'n music
youtube.com/watch?v=kxr1QUVfPRA
youtube.com/watch?v=qxvOdy0-rZE

The Fall of Troy.

that's basically what audio surf tried to do and failed

What's the #1 PS2 DDR?

Bad Religion

Bowie

Fuck I miss highschool

I just wish RB4 had shit to add to single player mode like RB2 did with the challenge set-lists that generated based on your DLC and the goals in RB3.

and a better character creator, god I hate the hungry skeletons you are stuck with in 4.

yeah same here. The character customization is minimal, not even 3-D glasses are available.
And RB3 had in song challenges for career mode, they should've bring that back but "NEW ENGINE GUYS SORRY"

MISSISSIPPI QUEEN!

What did he mean by this?

My FUCKING nigger

>listen to song
>wish it was the shitty knockoff cover from a rythm game

I swear some of them are just better than the originals

Well, the challenge setlist thing you are talking about kind of sounds like that Rivals mode that's coming: weekly challenges, based on a theme, using your library. But with team points. Personally, I'm going to make a one-man crew because I pretty much suck and don't want to drag a real team down

>scantron test
>start putting down answers as if they were GH/RB tracks
>then became self-aware of this and end up changing answers if they're patterned a certain way (like 3 As) in a row

Machine Head
Dragonforce
King Crimson
Dream Theater
Steely Dan
Tool
Megadeth

They showed something like that on a Twitch stream. You could wager fame points that you would be able to meet certain goals, and then you'd get a bonus if you met the goal.

I've replayed world tour recently and it's actually pretty good.
Maybe it's because i've expanded my tastes since it was first released but i'm enjoying it more now.

You can import custom songs into GH3 you know.

>feel like playing some Rock Band with my millions of DLC songs
>xbox 360 red rings immediately after turning on
>take it to a vidya system repair guy, he says it's fucked and he can't fix it
>can't find old model 360's anywhere for less than $100, only the slim models which are not compatible with older HDDs
>have to buy a fucking slim and a transfer cable and transfer over all my data, shit takes hours
>finally get set up, guitar controller doesn't work anymore

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

you should just write down their names and what they do so you dont forget them

everything that wasnt metallica, maiden or guns and roses
i fucking hated music as a kid and only time i listened to it was because doom and wolfenstein was good

This is exactly why I stopped caring about peripheral-required rhythm games.

>listening to music
>start tapping my fingers like there's a rock band drum track

Are there rhythm games that do the Beat Hazard/Audiosurf thing of custom generating stages to the music?

What's the best guitar rhythm game to grab right now? I fucking loved them back in their hayday, playing GH2, GH3, Rock Band 2 and 3, I think that's where I stopped.

Fucking loved this, too bad newer DLC sucks.

What Songpacks do you guys recommend? I have all the Mungyodance packs and have done most of the songs and I'm looking for more.

Any Theatrhythm loving anons? I've started to "sense" note tracks when I just listen to OSTs now. Like, I can imagine which notes would be slides, holds, taps, etc.

It's freaking me out and I think I want it to stop.

>have 5 fantasy lives going on at the same time
>spend like 3+ hours a day daydreaming
I recently started a 6th where I have my own country that I turned into a Utopia