ITT: Popular games that we just cant get into and why. For me...

ITT: Popular games that we just cant get into and why. For me, Resident Evil REmake is just too damn confusing with all the backtracking and puzzles.

I thought RE4, dead space series and both castlevania lords of shadow were boring. But REmake is my favourite one.

I started the game months ago and got pretty far then the game crashed (not pc) so now i've had it collecting dust till I'm in the mood again.

I didnt find out till recently that saves don't matter for S rank lol

You might prefer the more straight-forward nature of the first game, OP. It's different enough to justify its existence when compared with the REmake.

I myself like its more "purified" approach to semi-linear zombie killing/dodging.

For me?
Viewtiful Joe I guess. It never really clicked with me, and it seemed like it took too long to kill normal enemies.

Dead Space can get boring, yeah.

I got a bunch of these since I recently migrated to PC gaming

>Thief Gold
The controls just feel clunky, and the lighting while visually impressive makes everything a bitch. Plus I watched a playthrough of the FIRST level and it's insanely complex, how are you intended to finish levels the first time?

>Stronghold HD
I can actually deal with the clunk on this one, but the actual progression of your base is stupidly one-sided, relying on spamming huge numbers of wood/food/weapon buildings and tossing ridiculous waves of soldiers at every problem, at least against the AI. Plus automatic buildings make the free build mode meaningless. I guess I went into this looking for the wrong game.

>FEAR
Once again clunky controls but this may just need some acclimating to.

>Deus Ex HR
Runs like shit on my 480, no idea why. Cover and instant takedown mechanics aren't really a good fit for the series.

Most every multiplayer FPS I find I don't have the reaction time for even though I was pretty snappy on console, but I can feel the lack of auto-aim effecting me too

Get gud faggot!

The thing with Viewtiful Joe is that you're meant to spam the speed effects and go off pattern recognition, not play it like a typical platforming beat-em-up.

I can't sit down and enjoy any of the Persona games.

RE Series own their own are very fun and good.
The real pleasure is watching streams of speedrunners go through them

sounds like five nights at freddys is more your speed

They're not very good games tbqh. They're a lot better to play with a weeb friend who can handle the awful dungeon slog while watching the highlights of trash anime dubbing and highschool underage pantsu quest.

Jesus Christ.

Got something to say user?

Any other Japanese drama I can enjoy. Ranging from Fire Emblem to Shin Megami Tensei, but I can't sit down and play a Persona game without getting really bored.

Yes you're typical console player. But at least you're trying.

>backtracking
it is called "exploration". The mansion is pretty much non-linear, a set of circles. The whole point and appeal is to slowly unravel the place and master the best routes.

>FEAR
>clunky controls
What in the living fuck, son??

Deus Ex Human Revolution, but only because of the unplayable state the """""Director's Cut""""" is in. Unfixable stuttering that ruins the game, can't refund it either. Fuck my life.

I cant get into dragon age origins, ive tried3 times and every time i just got way too bored from the first 1-2 hours

Oh good a thread. Was thinking about getting into RE? Is the HD remaster a good place to start? Or is it a Twins Snakes situation?

Also, where can I get it if I can't torrent?

It's not an hd remaster if you mean the first game, it's a remake. It's on steam and it's very good. But mind it that beginning with 4 it turns into console tps.

Me being a console player doesn't really effect much aside from FPS games. The fact I didn't grow up with those games and so am not used to their quirks and/or nostalgic for them definitely does.

Damn. See I was into SH2 because of the interesting puzzles, tone, and story. Do the old RE games have any of that or is it just zombie killing?

Funny cause puzzles in REmake arent puzzles, its just busywork and being autistically good at wheres waldo to beat the game and backtracking, everything else is awesome but its too damn much at this point.

There's an HD remaster of REmake.

>What in the living fuck, son??
The way your movement is handled, with each step being a huge lurch forward, makes moving around undetected a bitch and it feels like most encounters with Replicas are very reliant on the time slow to not take ridiculous damage.

Five nights at freddys bores me to utter death

REmake has some spooky atmosphere and puzzles in the first half of the game but it was always more about jumpscares and few ammo and medpacs. The story is B-tier. But yeah the atmosphere in remake is different but good.

>is it a Twin Snakes situation
No, it is THE polar opposite.

RE:REmake is THE absolutely most brilliant, most beautiful TOTAL re-construction of the original RE1. It is said that it's roughly 75% brand new game compared to the original, and I can vouch for that statement. It still provides the same story, same environment (with tons of new areas and such), and same plot-related set pieces, but oh in so much more atmospheric package with superior gameplay.

REmake really is THE best smooth-landing to RE-series you can get, and the HD port of it is pretty alright. Sure, afterwards the RE2 and up may feel like a minor downgrade, but nothing too major IMO - the main gameplay is still the same in originals.

I'd totally pay full price for it on Steam, no joke.
REmake is one of the best games, ever.

Silent Hill started as a literal Resi-clones.
The gameplays and playing style are very much the same, meaning you're doing way more puzzle solving than actual killing. The original RE games are FAR from "just zombie killers", even if there's way more action towards the end.

Witcher series. Fuck that combat sucks and I'm honestly tempted to just put it on easy so I can enjoy the story.

Roll,duck,dodge, dip and if you can dodge a ball you can occasionally attack but watch out I'm going to throw a wrench!

>The way your movement is handled, with each step being a huge lurch forward,
The hell?

> makes moving around undetected a bitch
you're NOT meant to go around undetected. You're meant to KICK ASS!

> Anonymous 09/26/16(Mon)05:25:23 No.352950584 ▶

(You)
>What in the living fuck, son??
The way your movement is handled, with each step being a huge lurch forward, makes moving around undetected a bitch and it feels like most encounters with Replicas are very reliant on the time slow to not take ridiculous damage.
Gee, the game makes you use its main appeal point gimmick to survive insane odds?? Who'd thought!

Seriously though, get fucking good.

Thanks, senpaitachi. Might pick it up on a sale despite vouching for it being worth the price.

Is there a game with a more satisfying shotgun?

>Roll,duck,dodge, dip and if you can dodge a ball you can occasionally attack but watch out I'm going to throw a wrench!
That's only in TW2 and up, when the series was heavily consolized and turned into borderline DaS-clone.

One reason I've only ever liked the original Witcher game.

>tfw I bought the original version for 4.99 on sale before the DC came out

It runs really well, ive never played the DC

See having played the game it really feels like this webm is being played on the lowest difficulty, the Replicas aren't even trying to shoot Point Man. Or more likely the guy playing has just memorized the enemy locations, at which point you can make anything look cool.

Nah he fucks up a lot in that. Just look at his health. He gets pretty close to dying.

>Silent Hill started as a literal Resi-clones.

No it didn't. Silent Hill 1 plays nothing like RE1-3.
Resident Evil however, is an Alone in the Dark clone. Capcom never once had an original idea with the IP.

No one plays on pc in the first world.

Nigger the guys who became Team Silent were literally told to copy Resident Evil and make it more Hollywood by Konami. That is factually how Silent Hill started.

DC runs beautifully but then has these frequent stutters that ruin the game completely. It's not just my system either, it's been reported on Intel/AMD/Nvidia builds, and there's no reliable fix even all these years later.

I love how Steam completely removed the option of buying the regular game too, meaning if I really wanted to get a playable experience I'd have to pirate the damn game.

>borderline DaS-clone.

If it was then it would have better combat.

Halloween's coming up, so I'm sure there'll be a Steam sale again too.

That being said, the REmake's one of those games every gamer, namely every horror fan, should own and play. It doesn't matter if you're a newcomer or an old vet, REmake has everything for everyone. I witnessed a total RE-beginner, an old SH fan though, start with REmake HD last fall, and she got so into it, she replayed it four times in a row the following month!

Though if you're going to wait, I guess you could just emulate the original RE1 while at it, either the very first release or the "normal" Director's Cut version (NOT the "Dual Shock edition"!). That way you could have those "ooh!" moments when going to the REmake, seeing everything rendered with the way more modern paint, and getting those neat little surprises devs put in to keep old fans "entertained".

Underhell: Chapter 1.

>No it didn't. Silent Hill 1 plays nothing like RE1-3.
That's not the point.
Konami literally wanted their own survival-horror game to cash in with the mega success of the RESIs, and quickly put up their own team to make it: Team-Silent.
The higher ups originally wanted to make just a quick B-movie splatter mess like everyone else, but luckily they'd managed to gather up a group with bit more ambitious ideas, which gave us the brilliant Silent Hill games we now know and love.

I love SH to bits; played them all as they came out, totally jumped teams from RE to SH fan back in the days, and lived, breathed, discussed and examined everything SH-related during the years. Yet I know for sure that it merely started as a very lame ripoff, that grew to be something much more.

One reason the 3rd world is vastly superior.
Jesus christ the modern consoles are a literal joke!

Do you also complain about the Bullet Time in Max Payne games?

Functional slo-mo is one of the most fun superpowers in vidya.

It's pretty unfair to call SH an RE clone when that was only the initial premise.

I wasn't calling it one though.
I merely stated that it started as one, with the first game having the most similarities with RE1-3 than the following titles. So if you are familiar with SH's gameplay, you should be right at home with OG RE-games as well.

It's pretty much the "Doom clone" phenomenon of survival-horror; Duke 3D may have done many of its own things + improved stuff from the "original", but it still fits that now-outdated term.

I never complained about the slowmo, just that it feels like you HAVE to use it to avoid taking ridiculous damage on every encounter.
I got all the way to the Helo fight in MP1 on console just fine, and I only really used the slowmo in a pinch or when I thought it would be cool.

I think xenogears is a terrible game with teenager-anime tier story.

>MP1
different game. Also total waste to NOT use slomotion all the time.

>on a console
casualized trash.

plus, it's fine to take damage, as long as you do not die.

>achievement unlocked

I can't get into Bethesda games. I think the open world and tons of quests are cool and all but find the gameplay to be lacking.

stalker, graphics sucsk, guns look like shit, shooting is crap
. Feels like some cheap slav game from 200- o wait that cause that's what it is.

Bethsda games aren't built on a good foundation, and usually mods won't help you. Try New Vegas before giving uo entirely though.

See above, STALKER is shit in an unmodded state.