6 years old

>6 years old
This game is just so much better than the recent clusterfuck BF games, All this time I've been missing out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adgFnxLmaAo
youtube.com/watch?v=dFMIE4Mg4mg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0v-qixpOI
youtube.com/watch?v=f_2sGk7Uwe8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumerist#Features
steamcharts.com/app/24960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It really is the most fun BF.

Bump.
Any announcement on BFBC3?

No but BFBC2 + Vietnam are on sale right now breh.

BC2 is not better than the recent games or the older games.

provide counterargument.

It has more servers than old BF's revive projects while not being overpopulated with retarded normies and children unlike the newest titles.

but you don't have to buy vietnam do you? I've heard that you can get it for free

babby's first battlefield

What makes this game so special compared to the others? I always hear people praise it, but why?

it casualised battlefield so all the cod kiddies loved it

>normies

not the guy you are responding to but you look like a fucking tool trying to use that word

Is it worth it only for the single player?

If you guys don't think this shit fun, you guys are insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=adgFnxLmaAo

It was the first BF game to get mainstream popularity on consoles. Most of the people that played BC2 and the series after it have never played BF1942, BF2, or their spinoffs. They don't know how big of a step down it was for the series.

Take your nostalgia glasses of Gramps. I'm sick and tired of you old people fucking up MY board. Well enough is enough leave. Please

>It has more servers than old BF's revive projects
>a 11 year old game that has had its official servers shut down would have less players than a 6 year old game that still has its official servers going.
really makes me think...

>People claiming the BC games "casualized" the series.

The Battlefield games have always been casual, arcade-style shooters. BC2 just has smaller maps on average compared to the mainline series. There's still a strong focus on team/squad play that you'd never find in a CoD game.

And BC2 did Rush better than any other Battlefield game.

It's the most fast paced Bf game.

BC2 wasn't a bad game on it's own, but it was a step down from 1942/BF2, and was the beginning of the end for the series in terms of quality.

Not its not, slower kill times and movement in general.

BC1 was better.

this

Amen.

Best fucking Battlefield game along with the Vietnam expansion.

I don't think/remember BF3 and BF4 were this fast paced. Just my opinion.

I'm a pretty big newfag to the BF series, only having played BC1, Bc2, Bf3, and the bf4 beta, but...

BC2 > BF3 > Bf4 beta > Bc1

It's good to remind Cred Forums of this fact every now and then.

BC1's singleplayer was the only good singleplayer experience in the entire series.

>And BC2 did Rush better than any other Battlefield game.
it was the second game to even have rush you raging faggot

also, this

>battlefield
>implying it's ever been a hardcore thing

Please nigga, no one cares if it's baby's first battlefieild

Just go fuck yourself, battlefield 2 was bad

Put BC1's campaign on top of everything and your list is gucci

BF3 rush and BF4 rush were terrible though, I think he's just saying the high point of Rush was BC2.

It's not. But the launches for the last few games have been disastrous.

Still can't touch the best of the series, newfags can suck a fat one.

>Lose all semblance of weapon accuracy the moment you move while firing
>Planefags dominating most games
>Dolphin diving
I played BF2 when I was little too user but you gotta take the goddamn goggles off.

There's a pretty big window between old BF games and CoD. Even if it isn't as run and gun as CoD it's still a shitload more-so than 2 and 1942.

Bf2 is the best, I hate the watered down classes in later games.

Modded servers have Vietnam maps in the rotation.
Good luck finding them.

>not 64 players

It's fucking trash

>hurr why can't i run, spray and pray and get kills like in my call of dutys
wew

>hurr my character can't hit the broad side of a barn if he does so much as gently step to the side while shooting
wew indeed

You say that.

But then you get spawn camped by a single helicopter.

It's like you can't find a different server

>Spawn as engineer
>Plant a tracker on the helicopter
>RPG
Done.

I used to play BF2 and 2142 all the time when I was younger and I loved playing BC2.

>everyone nostalgiafags over BC2 and BF3 now

Jesus Christ, how awful.

best battlefield. anyone that says otherwise needs to neck themselves.

Because we have to deal with you bc2fags.

>bf2 is shit
>bf3 is shit
>bf4 is shit

only nostalgiafags like bf2 because its all they could run on their dial up win xp prebuilds. end yourself

i played it up until 2014

Awesome game

needed 64p though

>he thinks I like BF2
>he thinks calling other consolefields bad will save him from his shitty opinions

If only it didn't fall under success of MW2 at the time. Damn I wish it was 2010 again.

>Get a little bit excited about BF1
>Turns out only 1 class can use BA rifles
>The rest get shitty automatics

Can DICE not fuck up one thing?

>semi-autos
>shitty automatics

>battlefield
>realism

u wot

Can I ask a question about servers in the newest BF games. I bought both BF3 and BF4 trying to recreate the magic of bc2 but these fucking autists that run BF servers have 64 player rush maps! Some of the servers are just tdm. And conquest servers have an ungodly amount of tickets. Jesus Christ, I've been in conquest matches that last 2 hours. And why in God's name does every conquest server have insta spawn in vehicles? They should stop these troglodytes from messing with the server settings, they don't have the mental capacity to run a BF server.

I disagree. BF2 had too many classes. I think they should get rid of the class system outright and just have a points-based loadout system.

Because most admins are vehicle whores.

Was anybody else legitimately pissed when BC2's stiry had nothing to do with BC1?

14 year old me was really looking forward to more gold-fuelled antics possibly with the president of Kazakhstan again.

>Not just using an AT4 and soloing it

>implying you were on Cred Forums when we had BC2 generals
>implying anyone likes BF3

Can we all agree Rent a Server killed Battlefield?

People did the same shit with BC2. lrn2filter

Do you think your shit generals were supposed to make me like the game?

I just looked at Battlelog for some BF1 shit and half the comments were begging for DLC or whatever for BF3. These people are also on here.

Yes. More than anything that is mechanically wrong with the game this is what is stopping me from buying another BF game. Retard admins will do any gimmicky bullshit to draw players and slowly kill the game.

Why did those fucks at EA do bf1 instead of a 2142 sequel

I still play bf4 every now and then, I like the fancy gadgets and use them often, the next installment features the removal of everything and the addition of sand niggers?

>got all the DLC for free
>go to play
>can't quick match for multiple packs at once. Can only choose one
>um okay
>server browser
>shaghai 24/7
>golmund 24/7
>everything else empty
>uninstall

What fucking ruined potential. DICE sucks at DLC integration and has for awhile now.

BC2 has really slow movement and weapons are really easy to control so they take longer to kill.

There were some outlier though. VSS could kill really fast. Slug shotguns? Goodnight.

Yeah but it was overall slower. The maps were also smaller though so it might not feel it's much different.

okay

>The last BF4 DLC literally set up BF2143 with the easter eggs all over the map and the Titan being assembled in the Hangar map
>Make WW1 game instead

infinite anger

Yeah agreed. More methodical and deliberate overall. I aslo think the map layouts tended to funnel players together so you had more group engagements, as opposed to BF3 and BF4 where you kind of just run off wherever and end up in lots of 1 on 1s.

Conquest large is absolute shit most of the time. And look at how many of those are in North America.

Thank you for articulating why I hated playing BF3. I could never put it in words myself.

Playing Rush on Arica Harbor.
Good times

Yeah. I think that's largely because BC2 prioritized Rush while other BF games are more focused on Conquest.

I think BC2 was the best possible "consolization" BF series could have gotten. They've managed to water it down just enough to enjoy on consoles and also not lose it's BF feel.

>not lose it's BF feel

That's wrong tho.

I remember once getting a 50 kill in one life rampage with a tommy gun on that map. Good shit

what third world region of the world are you in where you don't see servers

Bad Company 2 is the best in the series because you don't constantly feel like a retarded chicken with its head cut off running around a mostly empty map until you get sniped from 50000 miles away

I always found this criticism interesting because snoipas have generally been pretty useless in every Battlefield game. Most of my "out of nowhere" deaths tend to be getting plinked by a tank, bombed by a Jetfag, that kind of stuff.

I can't help but read this as "I don't do well sniping, it must not be very good"

Honestly I thought recon was most useful in BC2 and BC3, just because a good recon can make or break a match of Rush

Have you tried actually learning the maps instead?

I'm in America with good internet my man. For some reason I don't see too with many servers.

Man air support was actually manageable on BFBC2. Now shit is just in the air non-stop and there is nothing you can do. It is a waste of time almost.

Going shotgun recon with pokeballs was the best imo

>USAS with slugs and extended mags

Well, what happened was the bad company series was touted as a spinoff and that they would still be making the game everyone loved. So everyone except turbo autists was fine with it and had some good fun with bad company 1 and 2. Especially when battlefield 3 started getting teased. And for what it was the game was really good. None of the maps felt outright terrible and they were put together well. All the maps, vehicles, and weapons were made to sort of complement each other down to the movement speed. It wasn't perfect but it was fun and the destruction was actually a pretty nifty mechanic. Rush was also really well done because the map design came down who was more skilled bar a few mcoms being inside destructible buildings.

Then battlefield 3 came out and it was not the battlefield fans wanted. It was a call of duty/bad company abomination despite them earlier on saying that bf3 was for the fans. Then since that point they've been extremely hostile, rude, arrogant, and narcissistic towards fans banning people for using mods that removed their stupid visual filters. Not because it gave anyone an advantage, but because their feelings were hurt that people thought their shitty brown and bloom filters looked like garbage and their artistic taste and style is objectively shit. So now people are bitter and angry about battlefield trying to become call of duty.

Because EA is like activision if they were more incompetent than ubisoft and still refuse to accept that if people want to play call of duty. They'll fucking play call of duty.

Recons in BC2 *are* amazing, but only as long as you aren't camping in one spot with them, trying to get marksman headshots with your 12x scoped M95.

The best recons are aggressive forward recons that use their motion sensors and C4 to take out enemies in fortified positions. The shotguns and SV-98 are really, really good at this.

Hell, that's what Sgt. Enigma was known for.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFMIE4Mg4mg

I remember hearing that BF3 was gonna be PC targeted with inferior console versions.. how naive we were ._.

Take off your nostalgia goggles and play the game right now. It's just CoD with vehicles and clunky movement.

WHO WANTS SPAGHETTI!

Hey protip: remove the one minute long intro in your videos next time, and be less obvious with your shilling.

>The best recons are aggressive forward recons that use their motion sensors and C4 to take out enemies in fortified positions. The shotguns and SV-98 are really, really good at this.

Right, I feel the same is true in BF3.

You can go on the offensive and place respawn beacons behind enemy lines sop you have constant pressure towards the objective, or even if you aren't that, both on offense and defense a recon with a sniper who knows what they are doing is invaluable because you just snipe dudes that go to arrm/disarm it or are arming/disarming it and lock the whole area down from a distance

there are lock on rockets with huge range

This. It's just console babbies first battlefield

Why would I be "shilling" for a 5+ year old video, you fuckwit? The video was just meant to illustrate my point about aggressive recons.

>first time playing the game today
>nostalgia goggles

Don't worry user, 90% of Cred Forums has to scream about shills to feel like they fit in.

I never noticed the background art pieces have player names above them

Don't worry user he's just one of the retards part of the echo chamber that misuses buzzwords

BF2 is slow, poorly aged milk. BF3-4 are meaningless experiences filled with carrot-on-stick bullshit and battle cases for some reason. Bad Company 2 was the third best in the franchise, behind 1943 and 2142.

Hey guys remember me?

You were pretty good son. Had a good time with you over those lighthearted summer nights. Shame you never branched out with yourself and really tried to plant down and grow, ya know? At least you had a good theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0v-qixpOI

>It's a "jetfag rapes everything the entire round" episode

It's funny F2P games were made in mind for people with not alot of money then they charge a premium for cosmetics/advantages

At least these days EA SEEMS a little more reasonable. Right?
right?

>Meanwhile, it was a valid tactic in BF2 to dive up and down like a madman to become impossible to hit

I loved how super/uber MGs only increased the critical hit chance when Frenzy Fire set it to a static number anyway which made it irrelevant for the most part. It made it even easier to tell people who didn't know any better and wasted more money.

Jacking up the Valor Point prices to crazy amounts was dumb, but tonics were the true cancer of BFH being a +50 HP instant heal. Then it just went further downhill by branching out of the system where classes had three distinctive guns of each kind and general power creep happened from there. I'm not even so sure if I want to be sad about it being closed down, if anything it was put out of its misery.

What a waste of potential. Victory Village and Buccaneer Bay were the best maps, Riverside Rush was alright

Have they even done anything of note lately?

youtube.com/watch?v=f_2sGk7Uwe8
Long video, but it explains why BFH went to shit. Essentially, they increased the prices to reach break-even point and it worked, but turned the game into shit. It was a lose-lose situation honestly, the game would either close prematurely or turn a P2W shitfest as we remember it.

I mean. Battlefront isn't..totally awful? Support seems to be better than Steam's at this point when legitimate problems come up. Better refund system. Game quality is slowly getting better as normies buy into the EA IS THE DEVIL thing so they gotta turn that around

They got pretty pissy over winning "WORST COMPANY OF THE YEAR" twice

>mfw flanking two squads at once
>mfw m95 penetration kills
>mfw storming buildings with wall destruction and smoke grenades
BFBC2 was so fucking good

Oh god, someone please remember me.

I've seen it before. At least you could get by with five dollars if you wanted just permanent basic weapons, I guess. 700 BF was enough to get four weapons, so for the meta essentials was enough to kit a Commando or Soldier (without the grenade) for each faction or a Gunner. Only significant supers were the knives that had like 50% more range than regular ones but they are still easily dealt with as any class

I left before shit like pocket helicopters, stealth fields, and fear grenades became a thing.

Any reason Cred Forums as a whole didn't do it a third time?

>Has the hero points system
>Have to spend them to be able to use select vehicles
>Option to upgrade your ladder climbing abilities

God that was fucking dumb

I don't even know who the awards for worst company of the year went to these past couple of times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumerist#Features

Comcast. And it looks like they stopped doing it or something.

Too bad BC2's online is empty nowadays, I got an urge to play a few days ago but no, not a single server.

That's bullshit you lying guido I just got off a full server that has been strong for the past 5 days along with 3 more full servers in both nam and normal

>Disney not nominated once

Come on now. They deserve several. I wonder what EA did with their golden turds.

Its alive but most servers I play in have 100+ ping and it hurts the gameplay a lot

Why did DICE ruin the server browser in BF4?

>find server
>43/64[20]
>20 people stuck loading in the menus

I haven't been able to get into even an empty server since BF1 beta. It's like they are trying to fuck it up so bad everyone buys the next installment

Fuck EA

pics or it didnt happen

if this game didnt have commader controlled UAV id agree

i always hated how the commander can spot you sneaking into a base

It's fun as fuck for sure. What made it great imo was imagine playing a simple rts game where you're intensely trying to defend your base; the maps were just about right without being big & it's all about rush mode. That & the god tier weapon sounds, voice chatters & ambient weapon sounds.
BF3 was great too didn't dig BF4 that much.

Not even that user, but you must be some serious level of scrub if you think a 50 kill streak in BC2 is an extraordinary enough happenstance to require proofs.

Game was broken as fuck if you ever played when the M60 was still king.

>25-20 damage, 34 with AP rounds. One shit kill in the head for some reason
>nerf it to 20 damage
>still OP and abused to hell
>nerf again
>useless forever now

The Bond villian will probably figure out something

There were nearly 4,000 people playing yesterday because of the steam sale. You need to check your server browser settings.

steamcharts.com/app/24960

Hol up now nigga you expect me to have pics from a game released 7 years ago that I haven't touched in at least 5?

did they ever nerf the 1911? I remember that shit used to do like 40 damage a shot.

Not sure what you're on about, I've had full games for weeks. Pic related an hour ago.

Damn that guy looks comfy

>release flares
>bombard the shit out of whoever traced me

>Assault
>C4 with extra explosives perk
>USAS with explosive rounds

BC2 is a fucking SPINOFF stop comparate it to the main serie

But in term of FUN its still better than the others BF

>USAS
>not the lunchbox gun
all the classes were great imo, least favourite might be engineer:
assault: killing everyone with smoke nades
medic: healing everyone and holding down a location with your 200-round LMG
Engineer: tracer dart + CG onto infantry
Recon: pokeball + shotgun, maybe slugs

Best shotgun in any modern shooter ever. And it wasn't even gamebreaking (except for that one time where I literally shot the pilot out of a helicopter), don't understand why more games insist on making shotguns useless.

>plant tracking pistol whatever they called it
I'm re-downloading the game right now & remembered ages ago I'm only rank 8 or something, & don't have it.
Any tips on getting quick xp? I can't remember what to do been really years since I played it.

Arica Harbor Conquest.

Best sound design
Best destruction
Best gunplay

It has more customization than BF2 but not the crazy bullshit in 3 and 4.
Only DLC is Vietnam, no Origin required either.

If planes and 64 players are a must-have for you then don't bother with BC2, but if you like infantry and ground vehicle combat it is definitely worth checking out.

There are hacked servers nowadays that give you XP at like 15 times the normal rate. Keep an eye out for them.

Some of those servers also run the Vietnam maps so you don't need the expansion to play them.

Great.

BF3 was dogshit.
BC2 were its at

Still the only BF game that I can go back to and know that ill have fun. Sniping people with shotgun slugs is still hilarious.

This

BC2 aged like milk. The shooting specifically feels floaty as fuck.

It had a vision and ecxecutes it well
The plan is to have mostly infantry vs infantry combat. This includes vehicles, but exycludes most air vehicles. There's still choppery, but no jets. As a result, infantry vs vehicle combat is really streamlined, since you don't have to account for jetfags going mach 3 over the place. Every vehicle is important and can be effetcive, but they can also easily be dispatched.
Maps and teams are smaller than in regular BF games, but due to the quick on-squad spawn for everyone, it cvhecks out and there's constant fights going on. There's little dead time.
There's only 4 classes, but they're all balanced, useful and necessary. They even managed to make recons fun- no prone, so they can't go full bushwookie, but their rifles are really good in comparison. They're effective at midrange this time, due to quick ztoom-in and reload on some snipers. Motion mines and c4/mortals allow them to be a true asset to the team. Other classes also have their useful tools- engis repair and blow shit up, assaults smoke and are good at pewpew, medics have some of the best guns and they heal/revive.
Destruction is really well-done, and an actual asset to the game. You're always conscious about cover being a teamporary thing, you'll actively clear out rat nests, and you'll often find yourself using craters made after the game started as cover.
The sounddesign is brilliant, and still my favourie in any game. You really feel like you're in the battlefield with a good 5.1+ setup or headphones.
The graphics aren't good, but they're serivceable. Maybe it's because I'm used to this opne, but BF4 feels like a complete visuaal clusterfuck to me after 70 hours or so. Here I can always make out what's going on.
There's just enough weapons and loadout options to give choice to the player, but no gadget overload like in BF4. The unlocking system is also sane, and you can have all the stuff for a class after few hours.
It's pretty good

>all those typos
Maybe I should have proofread
Or drink more coffee