Okay Cred Forums, I've had this idea for a New Vegas mod and I wanted to get your opinion on it

Okay Cred Forums, I've had this idea for a New Vegas mod and I wanted to get your opinion on it.

Basically, I want to put Ricardo Lopez into the game as a companion, with his own quest and fully-voiced dialogue ripped straight from his video diaries. You would meet him in a room at El Rey Motel, where he would introduce himself to you. His room would be a near perfect replica of his apartment IRL w/junk strewn all over the floor, and he would just be sitting down in front of his TV, staring at the wall. He would be wearing a custom outfit that would just be him in a pest control shirt and jeans with boots. You would then get the option to take him as your companion. His stats would look like this:

S 3
P 5
E 6
C 6
I 8
A 3
L 4

Aggression: Unaggressive
Confidence: Cowardly
Assistance: Helps friends

Tag skills: Guns, Speech, Explosives
Perk: "A World of Monsters" (+25% damage and -15% damage taken from mutated insects when he's your companion)

Inventory: Police pistol, .38 round (Cont)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVevxHoEkuU)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As time goes on, you would eventually get to trigger Ricardo's companion quest, "I Remember You", in which you help him get all the supplies needed to construct his letter bomb. Near the end of the quest, however, it becomes apparent that he's having second thoughts about the whole thing. You then have 2 choices: Convince him (with a speech check) to stop before it's too late, or encourage him to mail the bomb. If he's convinced to stop, he will express relief and he will get an upgrade to his World of Monsters perk, which increases the damage dealt to insects to 50% and makes you immune to critical hits from insects.

If he's encouraged to mail the bomb, however, then you will be tasked with placing the bomb in a Mojave Express dropbox. You will then be teleported to an abandoned house somewhere in the wasteland, where you will get a short cutscene of an NPC who looks like Bjork going to a dropbox in front of her house, before suddenly being killed by an explosion. The game will then fade back to you talking to Ricardo as he expresses delight at what has just occured. From then on, Ricardo's World of Monsters perk willl be replaced with the "Best of Me" perk, which gives Ricardo +25% damage dealt with his revolver and increases your headshot and explosives damage by 15%. He will then have a custom skin that has him naked, with his face painted red and green.

So, what do you think? Would you take Ricardo as a companion in New Vegas?

what the fuck did i just read

What the fuck?

Sounds good.

What if your Courier is black? Will Ricardo even join?

Is that the guy that obsessed over that polish singer or something and almost killer but killed himself?

I'm liking this idea user. Got some specific dialogue ideas yet? It's been a while since i watched his tapes, i'm curious of what you'd make

That's something I never even considered. Maybe.

I was thinking of this earlier as well.

When he first gives you his companion quest, I could use his rant against some asian guy he worked for (Seen around 5:40 here: youtube.com/watch?v=oVevxHoEkuU) as a sort of opener before he explains to you about how he's going to mail his bomb. He would then talk about his obsession with Bjork and how he feels he has to punish her because he saw her dating a black guy.

There could also be a point near the end of the quest where he goes on his "We live in a world of monsters" rant, at which point you can pass a speech/perception check to get him to open up about his life. Then, you could learn more about his family, his life, etc. You can also pass a science check at some point to get him to talk more about his theories on the universe, love (or "oxytocin" as he calls it), etc. All of this of course is ripped straight from his video diaries.

One more thing I thought would be funny would be if, when going into combat, he'll sometimes shout out that last thing he says right before killing himself. This would only occur after getting his "Best of Me" perk, however.

Yeah.

Would personally rather have a Bjork companion for New Vegas, OP.

seeing this naked psycho bashing bugs in the wasteland would be a sight to behold.

holy shit
you've sold me on the idea, OP

You've uh, really thought about this haven't you?

Get over nv already.

but it was an acid bomb you fucking moron

>6 Charisma

He's /r9k/ incarnate, there's no way he would have charisma past 4.

I disagree. If you watch his diaries he's very charismatic, almost on-par with YouTube vloggers of today.

Think that's because it was just a camera. A lot of people said he was an introvert and started becoming reclusive when he started working in pest control.

Sounds creepy.

I like it a lot.

Can you imagine? You're in the store one day in the summer of 1996 in Hollywood, Florida. You've been sweating your balls off all day and are enjoying the cool AC the store has to offer when you quite literally bump into this fat guy as you enter, who mumbles "sorry" under his breath. You think "how rude", but go back to your mission of buying groceries.

You think little of it until a month later, when you find out that someone apparently made a bomb and then killed themselves in their apartment not too far from where you live. They show a picture of the person, and lo and behold it's the same guy you bumped into at the store while picking up milk a little while ago. He becomes the talk of the town for a while, but you eventually forget about him and continue on with your life.

10 years later, and you're on this new thing called the "internet". One day, you come across a video titled "bjork stalker suicide real". You click on it, curious to see what it is, and holy shit, it's that same fucking guy from 10 years ago.

Imagine watching his suicide footage, knowing damn well that on the surface, he showed no real signs of being crazy. He was just another face in the crowd, and he'll ultimately fade into obscurity a few hundred years from now, but you're going to spend the rest of your life thinking about how this guy who mailed an acid spraying mail bomb and killed himself on camera for all the world to see, will always stand out in your mind as that fat guy you accidentally bumped into one day when you entered a store so you could buy food and get out of the Florida heat.

This. circa 90