How good are you at Fighting games? Have you been practicing?

How good are you at Fighting games? Have you been practicing?

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/25/short-youre-not-control-your-game-100-xian-shares-his-concerns-state-street-fighter-5-his-reddit-ama/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, but that hasn't stopped me from playing Real Bout 2.

as good as I will ever get at doa and SF4 using a controller.

I like them, but I'm below average.

Not much incentive to get better due to bad internet and complete lack of local scene.

I'm mediocre to alright, depending on the game.

I get the fighting games enough to bop someone that doesn't know what they are doing, but I have a lot of bad habits and I tend to go into autopilot way too easily.

I only play locally once a week at this one dude's place and all we have been playing there as of late is marvel since everyone got tired of SFV and some guy showed up wanting to play marvel.

I just wanna play some guilty gear or kof

Cumskins don't know how to play fighting games.

I'm shit at execution. I know what I'm supposed to do as far as combos go but when it comes to actually playing a match most of the time my brain locks up when it comes to actually pulling anything out.

I consider myself good but sometimes my hands just can't do what I want.(says everyone ever of course) reached gold in Sfv and have played fighting games all my life.

Also do you prefer ports or the originals

practice every day now

only USFIV though.

The best.

same here, and i dont know how to fix it. it makes me not wanna play them anymore if im just gonna keep being knocked down.

Im okay. Mostly playing a game like GG, which is full of vets, probably makes me feel worse then i am though.

I like the skin mods for this game

Just good enough to hold myself to decent standards, but still bad enough to utterly hate myself for every loss. Doesn't hurt I've somehow fallen into a rut, and have been getting bodied left and right.

They really should legitimise some of them, like that fitness chunners one,

I'm decent at BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, average at Street Fighter and garbage at anything else. I also have no one to play with most of the time so I don't really know how good I am against someone competent.

I feel like I'm pretty OK at fighting games. I understand the the deeper stuff of the genre most of the time. In practice I still feel pretty lacking every aspect, but the thing that I really want to improve on the most is learning to adapt in certain fights instead of mindlessly trying to brute force the same game plan over and over again. I mean, I'll eventually adapt a small amount after numerous of matches, but I just don't like how much of a slow learner I am when it comes to this sort of thing.

I practice mostly SFV a few times out of the week, but I really should get around to making my practice meaningful and worthwhile by planning out my training time instead of just practicing combos and some set ups here and there.

Reminder that there are top players who use controllers, so being bad because of them is not a valid excuse.

According to my friends, i'm a "fighting game guru" but i don't think i'm really that good. Just good enough to win local tournies

First fighting game is SFV, been playing for 2 months about 1.3 hours a day and I'm silver

I've been playing close to 600 or 700 hrs and i'm ultra silver, then again i stopped playing ranked a week or two into it.

I'm trash, I can't remember combos, not even the muscle memory I build up helps that much.

Why'd you stop playing ranked?

I haven't been able to keep up with practice since SFV came out.
The hype is gone for me.

Maybe I'll just find some obscure fighter and get autistically good at it.

I didn't like the fact that it was only 1 set at the time on top of all of the rage quitters and preferred playing in lounges when/if i could find one. It's a little better now, but people still one and done you too often.

I mostly play 3S. Been playing for about 5-6 years and I'd say I'm good at it. I'm alright at KoF and GG. I stopped playing SFV and I was ass in 4 but I never really played 4 too much.

I think I'm above average

I've only had 2 rage quitters in the 2 months I've played and not rematching me is quite rare as well, I think it has a lot to do with what character you play.

at the time i'd get at least 2 rage quitters per hour, but you're probably right. I mained laura back then and was getting into karin so i either completely trainwrecked people into just rage quitting, or played a slow footsie heavy game that'd just agitate someone into pressing a bad button and doing 33% because lol karin.

also the last time i even attempted ranked was just after ibuki got announced.

This

I alright at SF, platinum Guile in SFV for reference.

Right now I'm focused on Tekken. I hadn't played since I was a kid but Tekken 7 coming to PC inspired me to get back into the series and I've really fallen in love with it again.

Do any of you fags play 3rd Strike online? I wonder if I'm playing with Cred Forumsirgins since I've jumped back in after a few years.

>witch ladies reaction

I play on fightcade. Console 3S feels really bad to me.

Depending on your opponent's connection it is entirely playable for me. I neex to get my fightcade up and download my roms.

It's not the connections that bothers me it's just the changes console 3S has that bothers me. Playing in the 3S tourny at EVO made me go 'oh yeah'.

Though I am able to parry much easier on console.

im bad at them because i have trigger finger and performance anxiety
also no one to play them with

if smash counts I've been walking two miles every couple days to play the game at target

I still can't mallc

I'm far below average but I still play some because I enjoy them. I can't memorize combos for crap.

If you count Smash as a fighter, I've played it the most, so I guess I play it because I find it easier than traditional fighters. I suppose my lack of skill or familiarity with traditional fighters is also because of my lack of committed time and vice versa.

I've also never had a reason to play them with people since I don't have a close group of friends that like to play these games together a lot.

see me in naruto for the gamecube nigga

>be 12 yr old me
>be playing SNES TNMT Tournament fighter
>choose Michaelangelo because pizza bro
>have match against Aska
>proceeds to pummel me with her butt using the flying ass attack
>have dreams that night where im actually fighting Aska and she smashes me with ass
>slowly develop fetish for womens ass in my face

So yeah, Im pretty terrible at fighting games.

It's funny how people can't stop complaining about SFV but they still play it.

What's your favorite Tekken game?

those are the people that are in love with competition, rather than fighting games themselves

SFV is a bad fighting game. It's more about predictions and guesses than footsies and reactions. It's simply not fun to play. The offensive tone coupled with shit health makes the game a test of frustration. How the hell was this game even intended for casuals when it's more infuriating than almost any other fighting game? It's for masochists.

I hate SF5, but I can definitely tell you're ignant as fuck

I don't have the black genes that predispose me to violence and lack of a job, so no.

I play 3rd strike against level 9 computer and win

> It's more about predictions and guesses than footsies and reactions

Yeah dude you're game can only be good if it has those things lmao, if you like other things you have shit taste.

literally nothing wrong with a game being about making reads dont be a sperg.

Look up what Xian said about the game. He shares my sentiments.

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/25/short-youre-not-control-your-game-100-xian-shares-his-concerns-state-street-fighter-5-his-reddit-ama/

>As it stands, Xian feels that the input lag and the state of the footsie game could use some tweaks. "A mix between dash and jump can be really had to react to, so people don't enjoy the way they lose now," he says, before going on to state that the game feels imprecise, leading players to wonder whether they lost because they guessed wrong, or if they were just hitting the buttons too late. "In short, you're NOT in control of your game at 100%."

>predictions and guesses
>rather than footsies

woooooow

we're definitely interpreting his words differently

sick of hearing this stupid subjective complaining, constantly complaining a game doesn't feature all the mechanics they want and it has ones that they don't. Move on to another game.

I used to play a lot of guilty gear.

A lot.

I was getting fairly decent, but I quit after spending more time with the community at meetups and realizing that it was honestly a very awful scene.

the anime game community has the best of the fgc and also the worst of the fgc. there are no average middle of the road attitudes.

I just got done playing a little S E V E N Frames Fighter V. Despite downloading the update when it came out, I just now got the free time to play around online. I'm only Silver, but I still want to keep practicing and improving my game. This is the first fighting game where I feel there's no bullshit barrier to getting better like all the crazy tech in Melee or FADC in SF4, so that's where I get a lot of my motivation to keep on playing

Outside of that, I bought GG Revelator on the PSN Flash Sale and I'm meaning to learn how that game works. I want to play it with one of my friends who rage quit SFV despite being the reason I bought the fucking game in the first place

Its like saying cs:go is shit because it doesn't play like quake 3.

Look up Cammys SFA costume, its very well made for SFV

That's pretty much it.

I just got tired of going to gathering after gathering and seeing the pros sit around and complain that the community wasn't growing when that same night they'd usually treated a handful of newcomers like total dog shit or straight up ignored them as if they were untouchables or something until they left.

Over and over and over and over again.

How is GG Revelator for beginners? Is it mostly a combo fest type of game?

The dustloop forums were awful on a character by character basis.

Some character sections would be well organized, others would be 200 page long threads with no collated useful information, mostly discussion of theory, and if someone posted asking for something, or god forbid asking if work could be done to collect the useful information, they'd be roasted alive.

Even the nice people would usually only go so far in being helpful as just telling people to watch match videos, and usually nothing else.

I'm not "amazing" but I would like to think I'm at least ever so slightly above average.

Picked up Killer Instinct a while ago and have been trying my hardest to git gud. I only know one dude IRL who is decent at the game so I don't particularly have the best reference. and online is gay because it keeps putting me against killer ranked people while I'm in Bronze.

>tfw make the pus to bronze promotion match 3 times in 2 days
>every promotional match is a 3 star + Killer rank
>they all eat my face, ultra me, then taunt

I'm good enough to destroy all my friends but I lose to anyone who actually knows what they're doing.

FADC wasn't so much a barrier to getting better, as a mechanic it mainly provided 2 things: A way to convert into damage off of select pokes in neutral, making footsies more impactful (i. e. Evil Ryu cr.mk xx fireball FADC into damage which made him top tier), and also opened up more possibilities to everyone in the cast, with possible uses being simple combo extension, extended pressure strings, extra powerful antiairs (ie Ryu medium dragon punch fadc Ultra as antiair), or extra powerful and extra safe reversal options.
None of that really influences the basics of the game though, it was still a neutral-based, footsies-heavy game at its core.

In contrast, the generally shorter range on normals, faster and longer-range dashes, and most importantly the 8 frames of input delay (in sf4 xbox it was 4 frames), mean that footsies and neutral-based spacing keepaway playstyles are hindered significantly. The input delay doesn't change the frame data or how safe certain moves are, but it does shorten the reaction window players have by those 8 frames, and when the average dash speed is 17 frames from start to end, (that's just over 270 ms, which is only slightly longer than the average human reaction time when they expect something to happen) with the dash itself having more range than the majority of the games' pokes, it's humanly impossible to consistently punish dashes on readction (270 ms total dash time, +5-6 frames for a throw or medium button startup - ~95-110 ms, minus the 8 frames of input lag - ~160 ms, resulting in ~195-210 ms reaction window from the moment the dash itself starts until you get hit), which leads to guess-based neutral, which doesn't really feel good to play for many players. It's much more of a barrier to improvement than FADC was when you have to concentrate hard just to semi-reliably ract to just one of the options you opponent has in the neutral, and that's disregarding actual footsies, jumps or extra matchup-specific gimmicks.

I am shit, can never do half circles right, hell maybe I am just bad at executions in general since I can never do anything more than a quarter circle.

I think i'm decent

I feel like I have a decent idea of what I should be doing, and can at least get a little feel of how opponents play, but my hands and reactions just don't keep up.
I'll often see or guess a jump-in or an overhead, think "I should anti-air/block that" and then do nothing and eat the damage.

3k++ pp in USFIV
Close to plat in SFV
Got second place in a local tourney where Phenom played

Think I'm decent, sometimes play out of my mind, other times shit the bed.

>tfw nobody plays your character anymore
>the character forum has been dead for years, and the moderator for it hasn't played the series in years

I don't even know what to say, nobody cares but I want to get back into the game after all this time.

I suck at my favorite fighting game, which is Tekken. Only fighting game I can say I'm better than average at is Naruto, probably since it's all about timing and not button mashing. And those DBZ fighting games too since Hercule's present is unbeatable.

GG has lots of game mechanics like burst, blitzshield, dead angle, etc and it takes quite some time to get used to it.
but at the same time it let's you play by feel and press buttons for easy combos.
best way to learn is to grab a friend and hit the vs mode, looking up tech/combo videos as you go along.
also the build in tutorial is godlike

My thumb hurts. PS4 d-pad is too sharp for these dash-cancel combos.

very good

not really

I used to be pretty good at Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3 but I have nothing to compare it to. I had an old flat mate who was able to easily beat all his friends - as was I able to beat all of my friends - and we were pretty evenly matched. I used to actually care about the characters' moves but now I pick up a fighting game and use basic combo's.

Getting into Guilty Gear recently though but haven't played online. I was shit at SCV online so I've definitely degraded somewhat since I used to play them in depth. But really I didn't put enough time or effort in to SCV so maybe Guilty Gear will get me interested enough.

I'm fucking terrible at fighting games.

And no, I haven't been practicing. Too many games to play and finish and I don't have the time to sit in training mode perfecting combos. Especially Blazblue combos. I like Blazblue, but I'm not Japanese enough for this shit.

You realize this is an imageboard, correct?

I am complete and utter shit at them. I like them tho.

Btw, why do the SNES versions of SF look better than the Arcade versions?