Can you imagine if this fucker had caught on as Xbox's mascot?

Can you imagine if this fucker had caught on as Xbox's mascot?
All the retarded spin offs we'll have today? Kart racers and mini game compilations
Can you imagine the autistic fanbase polluting Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHjr8S6GuIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The game isn't that bad tho.

Neither was the sonic games, rough around the edges, especially the first two adventure games, sure, outright BAD no.
Didn't stop the fanbase becoming their own punchline.

Sonic had more marketing, even several animated series
can you imagine Blinx the animated series?

Yes.

>Ruining Blinx
It would hurt so much.
But for the games, I would have endured.
Especially if it delayed the FPS boom and ensured a pile of varying quality 3D Platformers with AAA backing.

Oh also,
youtube.com/watch?v=rHjr8S6GuIs

We can only imagine what the fanbase would be like.

it would have been cute

i miss the era of cute talking animal vidya mascots

I wouldn't have minded it actually, but considering Microsoft was more invested in Halo since that became the more popular IP, it didn't go that way. Heck, maybe this game would have stopped companies from jumping on the FPS bandwagon if this got more attention back in the day. It does make you think, though. Could this have replaced the state of Sonic and it's fanbase, and would Sega have retired because they got beaten out by better consoles?
Considering the first game had Japanese dialogue, I wouldn't be surprised if it had gotten an anime adaptation.

I wish it had caught on. One of Microsoft's cooler IPs

And if it had instead of Halo, you'd have said the opposite.

seriously whats with furies and feet. I'm a foot fag and this shit disgusts me.

Somewhere in a parallel universe where it did end up being that way, this statement would be true.

>Blinx the time sweeper trademark is dead
>It's up for grabs in an age where 3d platformers are making a comeback.

Anyone up for "Cred Forums makes a video game and fails"?

Lets start by putting memes on the design document

We'd need a design lead and god only knows who would take that mantle.

What even was Xbox's mascot? Master Chief? It didn't really suit them to have a furry psycho as their mascot considering their competition.

Not really
I like furshit and don't care for first person shooters

Its better than dudebro gears of war or halo. Defienatly more innovative

Hng

Nintendo: Mario
Microsoft: Master Chief
Sony: ?

I would love to believe but theres only 1 3d platformer coming out

Drake?

Sony was gonna have Sackboy.
But that got canned when it didn't take off like a rocket, it took off, but at like 1/10th of projected popularity.

Blasto, prappa, crash, spyro, wonderer. Unfortunately all are dead

>Sony: ?

WOAH.

Crash and Spyro aren't and have never been Sony series

The only thing decent game-wise that has come out of Cred Forums is KS and that was a horrific pandora's box that probably never should have been opened.

Isn't that different from copyright though? Wouldn't that just force who ever picks it up to completely redesign the character from the ground up? If so it seems like it could end up like the xbox bomberman tier designwise. Not that it would matter for a dead series.

Crash was a Sony exclusive at one point, before everything went to shit.

Footfaggotry is the most normalfag fetish.

>dude I hate m$ so muchhh let me a make a 'what if' scenario hahah us gamerzzz fucking m$ why can't they be more like my based corporation that I'm a fan of? I love giving money to my company, but not that company! Only Japanese products for this fella!

suck on my extremely erect penis you stupid fucking weeb cunt

Could've had the ape escape monkey but not they fucked that didnt they

I'd do it.

>Sony: ?

Imagine the gaming industry without Xbox

That's been like, this entire generation, though.

Nintendo's failings have been so notable, that you can't help but talk about them, but the Xbox has just kind of been coasting in mediocre third party games for three years.

>Blinx 2
>don't even play as Blinx

that being said I did find it interesting that the pigs were on the flipside of the spectrum controlling space. not sure how I felt about the stealth missions though

Imagine if Xboners were more autistic than this.

So would I, that doesn't mean we're fit to be the lead designer for a video game.

Never Ever Man

Are you prepared to give up your life?
Cause that's a design lead for Cred Forums games.
>All but mandatory NEET
>Have to have knowledge to actually design a game
>And make art since artfags willing to dedicate themselves to a project like that are nonexistent without compensation
>And know how to tard wrangle a thread FULL of idea guys
You are not prepared.

>Sony
>Mascot

They have not only had the most marketable mascots, but also the most successful one shots for characters that ha e only had a single game

Yet every fucking time, they sell the rights then burn all traces from memory

Crash, spyro, sackboy, cloud, drake, ratchet, sly.

Yet Sony treated each and every successful story like an unwanted orphan. I don't fucking get it, they kept trying to cash in in a market that just wasn't interested and ignoring who was giving them MONEY.

I liked the character creator though, it was fun and it was nice having a black hole weapon since armed and dangerous.

I want Ape Escape to make a come back

Why is "B-BUT JAPAN" the first knee jerk reaction of Microsoft fans on Cred Forums? I just don't understand. Especially since there were so many Japanese games on the original Xbox anyway, so it's not like the Project Midway codename held weight after they initially calmed down.

>Cred Forums
ftfy

Although I am aware of the close relation.

>playstation
>Nintendo

Do the math retard

But OP didn't even say he hated Microsoft. Also, did you know there are more platforms than Sony's and Nintendo's? More westerners play games on PC than Xbox, even if the average American is too dumb to turn on a computer.
>inb4 mustard race shitposts

>Americans finally stop dumbing games down for consoels because no one wants to work with Sony or Nintendo
>people stop crying about Jap games existing on PC because everyone is in their separate camps once more
>PC games are good again
>Sony stops trying so hard to compete with Microsoft and can do its own thing once more

If only, if only. We would be missing some Sega games, though.

Solid Snake

MGS4 is the only mainline game in the series that's exclusive to a Sony console.

>We would be missing some Sega games, though.
What do you mean? Sega games only got ported to Xbox in the US because of internal shitflinging and because Moore wanted to leave Sega and join Xbox so he used the deal to make friends
Without Xbox, Sega would have been able to continue releasing Dreamcast games and might have prevented the console from being killed off so soon

The PS3 is the only system that lets you play every single Kojima directed Metal Gear game

...?

I think Sega still would have went under, but their game diaspora would have been relegated to PS2 and Gamecube. Weren't they already doing badly by that point? Are you telling me I wouldn't have to had bought a PS2 just to play Altered Beast and Virtua Fighter 4?

Come on, now.

Remember when Ricky Bobby was Sony's mascot?

>pc franchises wouldn't have been forever ruined by being forced to be downgraded for console ports
I'd like to live in that world

MGS3 was exclusive for the entire generation. Only after Gen 6 was relevant did it get other ports.
Crash was exclusive to Sony consoles until Wrath of Cortex. Spyro until Season of Ice. That's like 4 games in.

I love my xbox consoles. They have essentially replaced my sega consoles. Been with xbox since 2002 and never going anywhere else.

Idea guys of Cred Forums lets start talking about a reboot

>Alternate timeline
>Blinx never saved time and it all went to hell
>You are playing as Blinx or a custom version of the Time Cat from some alternative timeline because all timelines have fused together
>Travel across a long chain of damaged timelines throughout history
>Souls-like multiplayer in that you can group up across these broken lines
>Maybe the Invasions too, but that'd be kinda retarded to work lore-wise
>Each chunk of time is capped with a Boss monster you must defeat
>Your gear shifts with the time you're in, from medieval wands and wizardry, to a Western 6-shooter with time bullets, to the classic, and more
>Each timeline consists of a small hub and 3 branching paths, sometimes 3 full paths, sometimes one locked until 2 others done
>Boss is at the end of the locked one/spawns in hub after all 3
>Defeating them mends a part of the timelines and rips a hole to the next major rift
>The Time Map is a pile of Timelines all stacked next to each other, but bent, frayed, and distorted
>They slowly bend back into place as you finish bosses
>When you finish them all, the boss from Blinx 1, but super-powered and drags you across all the timelines, incorporating all the gimmicks until you finish them all and the final phase starts, where he smashes every timeline together and the mechanics rapidly swap as you fight to break him down

Woops

I just remember the commercial with old black guys in motorized scooters.

Ricky Bobby

Can you imagine if this fucker had caught on as Amiga's mascot?
All the retarded spin offs we'll have today? Kart racers and mini game compilations
Can you imagine the autistic fanbase polluting Cred Forums?

No need to imagine, that's pretty much the case this gen.
Xbone is a failure and MS is basically making it share with Win10 to make up for lost ground.

I unironically loved Blinx

pls explain.

it's a 2006 meme. Talladega Nights was bundled with the PS3.

Should've just bundled the old nascaar DOS game where you could customise your car along with the movie then.

>extremely erect penis

the xbox 360 was the best of its gen easily.

you wouldn't have unreal engine 4, the best modern development platform, without xbox.

you wouldn't have the greatest gaming controller, the xbone controller, either.

>the xbox 360 was the best of its gen easily.
Yeah, being the console with the highest failure rate, the console that killed rare and the console responsible for making paid online, shitty brown shooters over flooding the market, and the casualization of action games acceptable made it the best
>you wouldn't have unreal engine 4
How the fuck does that work, every developer of engines has been releasing new versions of engines for decades, plus 3 was shit
>you wouldn't have the greatest gaming controller
Dualshock has always been the best controllers

>Yeah, being the console with the highest failure rate, the console that killed rare and the console responsible for making paid online, shitty brown shooters over flooding the market, and the casualization of action games acceptable made it the best

Rare is why Rare is dead. Microsoft killing them is a myth. They had better working conditions at Microsoft than they ever did at Rare. All of the core of Rare had left before the buyout even happened. Microsoft is famous for being a great place to work, especially with Phil.

It did have a high failure rate, true. It also had the absolute best and diverse library of that gen. Shitty brown shooters were on PC long before Xbox. Sony is far more responsible for the casualization of action games than Microsoft. Xbox 360 also had the best multiplat ports because it wasn't an archaic clusterfuck to code for.

>Dualshock has always been the best controllers
The dualshock controllers died after 2.

They were very fun games.

Remember this series of embarrassing advertisements?

I remember his actor showed up in a car ad that I think also advertised the Wii U.

>They had better working conditions at Microsoft than they ever did at Rare.
Bullshit, they flat out promised Rare that they wouldn't be fucked over with an M-Rated game like Nintendo did to them with BFD, and then made them remake BFD with even more censorship than the original game then didn't let them make BFD 2

Are you forgetting how Nintendo flat out didn't pay them for several months before they reached out to buyers? Gave them complete radio silence while they sat around with their dicks in their hands? How they were working ridiculous hours?

>Bullshit, they flat out promised Rare that they wouldn't be fucked over with an M-Rated game like Nintendo did to them with BFD, and then made them remake BFD with even more censorship than the original game then didn't let them make BFD 2
Conker Reloaded was censored because a lot of stores actively told them they wouldn't carry it due to the obscene content it had. Wal Mart was one of the ones petitioning against them.

I don't know where you got the idea that Microsoft wouldn't let them make BFD 2. But if you think Microsoft is responsible for Banjo Nuts and Bolts you would be wrong. That was completely Rare's idea from start to finish, and they still have old lengthy blogs up on its website gushing about how great it was going to be.

When Microsoft purchased Rare, they emphasized keeping the original spirit intact, and gave them mostly full creativity and privileges like browsing the internet and listening to music during work.

That's actually why he got fired by Sony. It broke their contract

Reminder that Xbox only sold bad in Japan because asians have hands as small as their dicks and were terrified/jealous of the BIG BLACK DUKE.

>Dualshock has always been the best controllers
How short are you and how small are your hands?

Can we please stop the console wars and talk about Blinx?

>There exist a alternate world where it's Mario vs Blinx
>No killzone vs Halo
>It's Blinx vs whatever sony would come up with for a new exclusive platformer
>Everyone would complaining about too many cutesy animal platformers with a certain gimmick

I think recore has the potential to be this gens blinx, if it does well enough desu. It has good reviews and a lot of them on the xbox store so its showing some promise, not sure how the retail sales are going

Zool sucks as a game

Worse than fucking Bubsy

It's sitting at a 63 on Metacritic.

I wonder if there really is somebody out there in Microsoft that really wants to revive Blinx and that he would catch on this time. We might get over the FPS stagnation, it wouldn't be bad if Crash and Spyro type games came out again and was the norm.

That doesnt make it bad, ive had it for a week and have played it nonstop. It has philosophies/designs from older games from the ps1 or n64 era where you have to actually play the game and explore to advance the game, like mario 64, banjo, and all those other ones that have the exact same systems in place as recore does but nostalgia pardons one but not the other. The biggest game that did this last gen as well, sonic unleashed, was also critically wrecked. But these types of games are great and more of them can be made as long as the market speaks up even just a little

Blinx has the perfect balance between being cute and cool

The guy who designed sonic directed blinx so its no surprise, dudes a legendary artist

It would be weird walking into a gamestore, mentioning Halo, and everyone just looks confused and only one guys mentions he played it on PC but it was just ok.

It's sad because this has actually happened to me recently. No one knows about Halo anymore, as all of the kids that played it grew up.

I can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic for Halo, of all things already.

Nigger, you DO realize that Japs had a huge part in making Blinx, right?

Now I want a third game all the sudden for Xbone.

Literally my mom's Cheshire

Japanese art of blinx is the best art.

What a respectable looking young lady

Was he the director for 2?

>the guitar themed vacuum in two
>being able to make you're cat all sorts of colors

I remember liking the dude I made for myself back then, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it if I saw it today, though I can say one thing for sure, he would be green.

Yes, although there was someone else with him codirecting 2

the only good sonic game is sonic battle for the gba

Did you even play Blinx? The game itself was pretty good.

>Neither was the sonic games
Oh it was definitely better than those pieces of shit, especially Blinx 2.

No and it pains me that I can't emulate it

Imagine if mascot games never died, just "evolved" with the industry.

>Crash & Blinx: near-future brown-n-bloom coop/buddy shooter preorded seaon pass edition

I knew I saved this for a reason.

toro and kuro
they have a big presence in japan, they're well known as the playstation mascots. the thing is, sony didn't try at all with them outside of japan, so PS is mascotless to most people. and besides them, the best PS exclusives aren't really conducive to being mascots IMO.

>We would have third person multiplayer games with Crash, Spyro, and Blinx running around the dessert with TF2 style items to eqiup.

Is that a dick on the left box?

WHY YES I CAN IMAGINE AUTISTIC PEOPLE POLLUTING Cred Forums

>Killzone vs Halo

>Sony thought that shitty series could even compete for 4 games
>the only thing that managed to destroy Halo was 343i

basically, yes

yes, and the skin on her face is impecable

He is literally the cutest

I'd take this cat over Master Chief and Marcus Phoenix every single day.
If the company mascot has to be the videogame equivalent of a '90s Rob Liefeld character, i'd rather have autistic-inducing talking animals.

It was the 360 that ruined gaming, not the Xbox. The original Xbox hardly had an impact on the industry due to its niche.

I loved Blinx 1 but its fucking hard.
I mean, I'm an advocate for harder games, but for a childrens platformed this took the cake. It just wasnt good enough for the time it required to get really good at.

The style and music were spot on though. It was a waste of a cool IP.

Halo was responsible for sending shooters to shit with regenerating health and made paying for online acceptable

>Rare is why Rare is dead. Microsoft killing them is a myth.
So that story of how Rare was making a sequel to Banjo Kazooie, only for a Microsoft rep to come in, play on his phone while they were presenting it to him, and then demand they make it a racing game isn't indicative of anything to you?

Is Idol Master on anything that isn't an Xbox or phone now? I recall it was on on the Xbox for a while.

Be honest.
Would you rather have a modern shooter where you had to pick up health packs and savescum all of the time?

Yes, that creates tension and excitement. Im not bored sitting and waiting for my health bar to fill

Personally I'd rather have a mix between the two. Your HP regenerates outside of battle (maybe to full, maybe only a certain percentage of max HP) but to heal while in battle you need health packs, and they don't heal that much.

I like how regeneration helps keep the action flowing. Looking for health packs can break up the flow of a game. But it can also make a game too easy, just hide behind a corner for 10 seconds and you're good to go. So I think having both regenerating HP and health packs is a good idea. You have limited healing during a fight but you can quickly move to the next section without having to scavenge for health packs.

I want more games to do what Wolfenstein: The New Order did and have me be able to overcharge my health bar if I'm good at the game, that encourages playing smart
Recharging health only encourages linear map design where enemies can only come at you from one direction so you can take cover and hide to wait on your heath bar to recharge

You know what game had that?
Halo CE

KNACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>KS
>good

Well, did it work?

Phil was actually looking into whether or not they owned the IP at one point

Sony didn't know what to do with Killzone
Killzone 2 was a solid game, and it looked real good

Killzone 2 was also a victim of false advertisement. It just tells loads when people call out #FE for false advertisement while they probably didn't even lurk when KZ2 E3 trailer came out.

>Can you imagine the autistic fanbase polluting Cred Forums?

We have frogposters for that.

If Blinx had had a bit more polish in both games, it would still be around today, probably on Blinx: The Reboot by now with a mid-summer release in 2017 with a pre-order bonus of a llittle mini-Sweeper and Blink keychain.

Fuuuuuuuck, I miss that cat. I used to just put my controller down and laugh when he'd start jumping up and down on buttons in the first game.

the games certainly had a lot of character, as expected from sonic team staff

>embarrassing

Bet you "cringed" you're whole way through them all, huh kid?

Completely outclassed by Ratchet and Clank

I'll take your word for that, never played R&C, looked interesting, though.

Eh not sure, I played the first 2 on PS2 because they came with my PS2 and were apparently must plays but found them really boring. Really no platforming at all, the gameplay was to easy, and had none of the charm blinx had. Tried the ratchet and clank remake and had the same feelings, just mashing wrench on everything while more awkward cutscenes play. Amazing presentation though for a budget game

>savescumming creates tension and excitement
What.

They aren't really similar games at all.

They're not even similar.

>Thinly veiled pop at Mario and Nintendo.

I think there's one on PS3 now.

>especially the first two adventure games
No
Those were trash

I love you Oshima but what were you thinking with that hideous character design

That single-handedly ruined any chance of this game being a success

The music in this game was done by Mariko Nanba...same girl who worked on Knuckles Chaotix and a shitload of Sonic games since then

Sony never owned the Crash IP
Just like they never owned the Final Fantasy IP

Because most Xbots started with the 360

No you autist that game sucks

>you had to pick up health packs and savescum all of the time
Git gud you fucking casual

PC: ?

How about developing a game that doesn't rely on built-in and encouraged cheat which can't even be disabled in most of cases?

World of Warcraft or something

clearly nathan drake from uncuckeded 1-3 2005-2012

past that though the ps4 is extremely generic.

>Sony dominates even harder
>Nintendo become the next sega in 2017 when the nx flops
>Microshit puts it all on windows pc gaming
dear god how wonderful

Which had a shitload of Japanese shooters
Yes, I know they never played/heard of them

Why didn't Blinx catch on? The first game was pretty damn good

Sony is shit
Japanese games are dead and so are Western games for that matter

God save us all

Halo's sucess

blinx really didnt find much of a western audience

The only shooter they played was Call of Duty and maybe Halo 3

amen brother

Team Fortress 2, eh, character

Oh, I know who is PC mascot.

JC Denton

Deus EX was on Consoles too

And both Mario and Halo were on PC at a point. Doesn't change the fact that the most well known version of Deus Ex was on PC.

No
All Deus Ex games have been multi-platform titles
There's a difference