SOUL CALIBUR

>The most interesting characters for any fighter
>Dead game
Guess that's what happens when you leave best girl out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SCV was the best you casual shitter.

That manface tho LMAO

>Taki's absence having anything to do with SCV's problems
Given that the series is treated a joke in general, and that worse games have had Taki, if anything she could be argued as being part of the problem.
>Most interesting characters for any fighter
Fuck no, go jack off in a corner somewhere.

>no content
>shit story
>shit story """mode"""
>shit characters
>no team battle mode

SCV was a mistake. at least we got thicc big titties from Viola (concept art).

>Hurrdurr muh anime fightahs hurr

If there's anything I appreciate about the Soul Calibur series, it's Taki giving me a breast sock fetish.

I never said anything about any other fighter. I hope Soulcalibur stays dead because of people like you.

>nipples showing
>Instantly know that if this art was released nowadays a hundred journalism sites would use it to make a not-controversy

I can tell you like moeblob garbage kid, don't backtrack.

2 > 1 = 5 > 3 > 4
Prove me wrong

Is there any single player content that would be worth picking up 3 for? Its the only one ive yet to even touch

You're not though. You're exactly right in fact

Can't argue with that

It's not good at all, and you can feel the lack of polish in custom characters especially.

That's not skullgirls or MK, but It's def third after those

This character is ultimate virgin bait. That's not even remotely how boobs work

SC isn't dead though. Bamco has said numerous times that a sequel will come. You just have to wait till T7 is out before we hear more about it.

she is knocking her knees, ain't she?

youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY
TO SHINE

I hope SC6 is just a reboot of Soul Blade. It had the best cast. I liked the historical and mythological touches before it went the full fantasy route.

>MK having interesting characters at all much less having the most
I'm more dumbfounded than anything to hear anybody even think this way

Why do people hate Edgemaster mode?

>I like moeblob garbage because I don't like Taki
Yeah, keep crying while your shit game fades from memory.

>Skullgirls and MK
Even worse

>you will never get to play soul calibur on the dreamcast for the first time again

Not so much the character designs as much as the backstory and LORE

Yeah, I feel pretty good about that.

If 5 had better single player (IE a Weapon Master/Conquest Mode type deal) I think it would surpass 1

>casuals bitch about no story shit and no rpg shit and no barbie dress up shit

SC5 was a step in the right direction.

Skullgirls have pretty good characters actually. Mostly with them being jam-packed with references to other fighting games so the game feels like a love letter to the genre. But MK designs are trash. I don't understand what he meant by that.

2>1 = 3 > SB > 5 > SHIT > 4

There you go.

see
It's not the designs, it's the characters behind the designs

Who the fuck unironically cares about story in MK? It's like those cheesy 90's Canadian fantasy shows starring Kevin Sorbo.

5 > 4 > 2 > 1=3

>Still backtracking this hard
wew kid

Anyone else want to post their mains in Soul Calibur 2? I never played at a real competitive level but I labbed out a lot of combos before even knowing there was a term for it. And I was definitely "best in my neighborhood" good.

Link was the whole reason I bought the game, so him I guess.

I once dated a black girl who was OBSESSED with Soul Calibur
I miss her

source?

Mitsu (or a qt custom with his style)

Same as every game.

astaroth.

Spawn, sometimes I play Nightmare

Siegfried, I try my hardest but can never let him go.

Why do you faggots always leave Soul Blade out? It's got the best soundtrack (it's for THREE in fact), best edge master mode, best weapon gallery and most character costumes (excluding custom ones, of course) out of the whole saga.
The weapon health gauge is also great to counter people who guard mindlessly AND there's two unarmed movesets.

Siegfried wasn't in SC2 you clueless scrub.

I bet your first SC was 4 because you love Starkiller.

Sorry faggot SCII was my first and Nightmare was Siegfried all the same(always used Siegfrieds costume), but I don't use nightmare in later games as their styles were split. Starkiller is cancer.

3 has the most single player content of all the games (and apparently the most bugs, even though I've never experienced any while I was playing it).

Artists name is Rennes he's done a lot of art of Nightelves if you like his style.

mitsurugi and cassandra

used to be nightmare but he felt like easy mode in SC2 to me

She was always my favourite, I was never any decent at soulcal though.

My nignog.

I miss the days of high frame rate anime.

if you dont think this is the best character in the game then get out of my face

>When a great game gets pushed aside for it's worse predecessor

Go fuck yourself Tekken

Tekken 7 just needs to fucking come out already, then after it's settled down we'll get some solid news on SC other than vague and cryptic messages.

clarify please.

>>The most interesting characters for any fighter
"Walking pair of tits in a tight suit" isn't "the most interesting character".

>Generic fantasy shit
>Interesting
I hope this garbage series stays dead. Who /Tekken7/ here?

Why do you objectify her like that? Taki is great.

Mitsurugi and Link

>Hardcore wannabes hating Weapon Master mode

Fuck off, it was a better way to practice moves/combos

Raphael/Link

I liked Chronicles of the Sword

The Taki pics in the SC2 gallery is the first thing I can remember fapping and cooming to

>using tekken to support his argument
your'e just trading one piece of shit for a different kind of the same shit

They much improved cassie in 4 i feel.

>saw my lifelong tale o souls n swords in HD was on sale on PSN
>yiss, online this is gonna be just like when tekken 5DR came out
>loads
>see glourious intro scene in 60fps for the first time ever
>YES YES YES
>old man heihach AND spawn
>OH YEA GOOD SHIT
>go online right away
>nothing.
>no one
>y

Shit. At least i still managed to plat trophy this. One guy turned up online once and I think he was just trying to get all the online only trophies only as well.

Soul Blade really is the best one. The Arcade mode has different endings with each character depending on what you do and the Edge Master mode is challenging and fun.

Post yfw Soul Calibur VI is Nintendo NX exclusive
What guest characters would you like to see in it?

>No Samurai Shodown
>No Last Blade
>No Soul Calibur

Why do modern games hate swords?

It won't be. Why are Nintoddlers so obsessed with Soul Calibur? We get. You played SC2 like everyone else. Get over it. SC6 is going to be multiplat like every other game these days. And hopefully without retarded Nintendo shit forced in.

The first Soul Calibur on DC is still my favorite 3D fighter. I main Ivy and Taki. I was hoping that the Wii U would get a Soul Calibur game. Too bad it didn't happen.

It doesn't hurt that takuji kawano is a god tier artist. He did all the designs for Tekken 4 as well, he gave the artstyle its beat feel to date.

T4 had the best art design of any Tekken game. Is he doing T7 aswell?

Tekken is much better than SC has ever been. Mostly because SC has had retarded developers throughout its entire life. At least Harada is competent.

Well, people have been comparing Tekken 7 to 4 a lot in terms of, "feel" "themes" "attitude."
We can only hope user.... We can only hope. ;_;

I mained Titty ninja and Kilik in III
>KALI YUGA, SHOW ME THE WAY
I played a heck ton of Siegfried too as my cancer pick

do we need another thread?

I need another Last Blade game. This time without infinites.

>hate melee

because too hard to use for americans

just like Tekken, Soul Calibur has a special place in my heart for being really fun casual fighting games.
I wish they made another one... SCV was a lot of fun with the supers, and while the roster might have been kinda meh... it was a fantastic game overall.

Because SCV did literally everything wrong in terms of pleasing casuals, and as much as I hate to say it a majority of sales for fighting games come from people who just mindlessly mash buttons.
Things SCV did wrong
>story mode is complete garbage
>arcade mode didn't have any endings which is literally the reason you play arcade mode
>several fan favorite characters replaced for basically no reason
>lack of other fun single player modes
>multiple characters from IV dropped completely without being replaced
>of the 10 new characters (not counting Ezio since he's a guest character) only 2 of them aren't based off of old characters
>While Ezio is actually pretty cool he's still only one guest character compared to the 3 we had in SCIV (or 2 if you like to pretend yoda doesn't exist)

>Soul Blade/Edge
Lots of stupid shit but was overall a pretty good game, a nice start to the series.

>Soul Calibur
Fantastic game, fixed many of the problems with the first game and refined and expanded on many mechanics, looked absolutely amazing for its time.

>Soul Calibur 2
Horribly dumbed down version of SC1, focus on a "wider audience" gameplay depth was removed in favor of adding guest characters as a selling point, many bugs such as Gstep and 2G make this already painfully slow game even worse.

>Soul Calibur 3
HORRIBLE game received zero testing has even more bugs than SC2, completely unplayable mess. the Arcade Edition fixes most of these bugs and adds new characters.

>Soul Calibur 4
Fixed various problems with the series but added a retarded physics engine that had no place in a fighting game, this led to many infinite juggles and instant ring out combos.

>Soul Calibur 5
By far the best game in the series, goes back to its SC1 roots, ads depth and solid mechanics over stupid minigames, expands on many of the original mechanics, overall a great game.

u high again nigga?

>MK

jesus, what a joke

Busting one out to regain health in combat...

Kilik and Raphael
I like poking people

I've never, ever thought of Soul Calibur as a competitive fighting game and only ever played it for stuff like Chronicles of the Sword
Like I understand on some level that specific versions have competitive value but I just don't think of it that way
Good job Namco I guess

>Chronicles of the Sword
so you had fun beating up poor robots?

good on you I guess

Assassin

Seung Mina where Assassin wasn't playable

Nightmare.

Closely followed by Spawn.

And then everyone else because SC2 was the rare fighting game where I took the time to slightly master everyone because fuck that game was the shit.

>master everyone
I sure hope you mean to fight other people and not computers

MK definitely has the most interesting fighter world.

It's a shame the actual gameplay is hot fucking garbage.

Of course other people. Me and my friend went 47-43 in a sitting while I practiced Necrid against his Cervantes.

>September Carrino tier milk duds
Best Girl indeed

Fuck no, I've been waiting YEARS for Tekken x Street Fighter! That one had better come out asap.

>Tekken 7 characters
>suicide bomber kun
>retarded cosplayer
>Italian magician guy
>Nami from one piece
>Blade with tits
>Marduk with head tentacles
I know Soul Calibur doesn't have the best characters ever but come on, Tekken is just as bad.

It was cool but very unpolished and some stages were total bullshit.

The multiple endings were in 3, too. I hoped they were back to stay but 4 canned them again.
It's a shame, some endings like Mitsurugi's first person duel were amazing.

>you will never have sexual sex with her

>launch opponent
>juggle 90% of his life away
Yeah, no. At least Soul Calibur has gravity. Tekken is pretty much a race to who can launch first, and Tekken Tag turned this up to eleven.

that's true, but I did have asexual sex with Ivy. It was mediocre at best.

Bullshit, I'm nowhere near "pro" level and I've dumped 180 hours into SCV.
My favs Mi Na and Hwang/Yun-seong were cut so I picked Pattycakes and he's now my fav SC character overall.
Story sucked so I focused on arcade/legendary souls and tried to master everyone, making custom characters/costumes every now and then to keep things fresh.

It's true that it's very bare bones compared to the other games, though.

Raphael and Voldo had dodges that were fun as fuck, and Yoshimitsu had the best hidden moves out of anyone

>Soul Calibur V is the best in the series

Only hardcore wannabe FGC-fags believe this

I can't even begin to tell you how horny the SC2 art gallery made me when I was like 11. Fapped so much to it
>you will never jack to any and everything in the early 00s again

>the Arcade Edition fixes most of these bugs and adds new characters.

Not really, Arcade Edition only promoted Amy, Hwang and Li Long to "full" characters instead of "gimped moveset".

Also SC2 seems like a very divisive game, some say it's the best one and others say it's shit. What gives?

CotS had a Fire Emblem-like approach where you could attack bases, plan assaults and stuff like that.
It was nothing groundbreaking but still a cool game-inside-the-game, like Devil Within for Tekken 5.

>tfw Xianghua was your first gaming waifu
SC2 was a blessing to all early teens

>SC2 seems like a very divisive game, some say it's the best one and others say it's shit. What gives?

Not hardcore enough for some

Cervantes all fucking day

Arcade story needs to come back. I was looking so forward to him kicking ass without being Soul Edge's bitch in V.

>CotS had a Fire Emblem-like approach where you could attack bases, plan assaults and stuff like that.
>It was nothing groundbreaking but still a cool game-inside-the-game, like Devil Within for Tekken 5.

it doesnt help that the AI was pretty bad

not to mention you could practically cheese the AI with no difficulty at all

>these characters are good because I understood that reference!

wew lad

>Dead franchise
Guess that's what happens when you leave best boy out.

Name one with better designs, you can't.

Bloody roar

doa3 and soul calibur 2 were good games

See, told ya.

Arcana Heart

Would you a talim Cred Forums?

I feel real lucky to have a SC3AE cab in my local arcade. Now if only other people would actually play with me.

>>multiple characters from IV dropped completely without being replaced
>>several fan favorite characters replaced for basically no reason
I don't mind the replacements, but cutting Zasalamel and Talim without new characters to keep the weapons/movesets was the fucking worst for me. Those 2 were my main characters whenever I fucked around.

Nah

Try again.

Why? You're just going to shoot down every opinion either way to try to "prove a point"
>my word is law! REEEEEEEEE

The new female Star Wars MC.

Pit would be god like.

I main Cassandra, i never started on 2 my first SC was 4 but when the HD came i played that.I loved 4 but 2 was arguably so much better. kinda made me feel sad i never got to play it when i was younger
her moves felt much more fluid in 4 compared to 2

Because they're wrong.

MUUUUUUUUUH LINK BEST FITTED GUEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR

WOULD I

I'd rather a Cassie, but Talim is very would-able too.

The worst part is that Zasa was supposed to be there. Just look at that stage with the warrior statues around the arena.

the curse of having to deal with an earth quake, having to outsource production, and all with a shoe string budget

and yet, its still the most fun to me

and I finally found my second main

the only replacements i didn't mind were patroklos (despite being the worse MC in any fighting game) and pyrrha since they felt different enough. though the alpha/omega forms were really dumb.

>alpha/omega forms were really dumb.
actually Omega's style was originally ment to be Elysium's style but some fag decided they wanted a female nightmare

then they had to change the entire script for that

a hint of that original script is in the comicon trailer

The whole point of anime always was having as few frames as possible to conserve production costs. The whole style is based around the idea of showing shaking stills with voice overs in order to produce a million episodes for the price of a rice bowl.

Seriously, read up on anime history. Good animation was never, ever the goal.

a lot of anime these days is basically advertisment to merchandise goods and the original work

its why complete stories in anime are rare

Johhny from Guilty Gear in SC would be the tightest shit ever.

> people complain that the fighting game didnt have a 'good story'

would you?

Nathan Drake

>that eroquis set with these two

I don't want to.

No one has, she's a canon virgin

Fuck that.
Geralt as the guest character. Bamco publishes The Witcher in Japan, so it makes sense.

HIS
DICK
IS
BIGGER
THAN
HER
STOMACH!

but Astaroth is a golem

he doesnt have a dick until doujins

The latest Kamen Rider

>He's been bottom tier in every fucking game
When are they gonna wise up and fix him? He's not supposed to be a joke character

He (and Volvo) are the designated scrub shitters. If he gets even the slightest bit better it's going to be insufferable for everyone.

its not my fault he has crappy lows

or his AA is shit

or that his close range horizontal mid option is a crappy punch that NOTHING

>tfw you unlock the pleated skirt and get the serafuku DLC and make an anime waifu with yoshimitsu's move set
more fighting games need a good character creator

>mfw can't make mine since the characters that most fit them were cut in SC5 and don't own SC4 anymore

I need to live out my dream of a RWBY fighter but Namco just HAD to cut Zasalamel and Talim so I can't make Ruby and Yang.

Reboot SC like KI. Mid tier budget, F2P option, "seasons" for new characters. Bamco already has Tekken as their main arcade fighter, and SC has always been seen as more of a console based fighting game anyways, so this would be ideal.

Bamco is not some crappy western company though

its gonna follow in the footsteps of tekken forever thank god, but with swords

You Bamco fags have it good. If SC6 ever comes, you can atleast count on it being decent. Being an SF fan is hell knowing it's a fucking roulette roll what Capcom will think up next.

I thank Harada

At least SF has an active community, SC online is dead, so few people on any given day.

thats because you have a new fucking game

we're sitting on an old one 4 years and counting

Also played a bit of Voldo/Link.

I'm telling him why WE don't have it good.

What's wrong with 4? It was better than 5.

I love both

the size of the balls of Talim must be freaking enormous for her to stand up to him like that.

And I'm sure there's fanart somewhere where she literally does have enormous balls.

>Not really, Arcade Edition only promoted Amy, Hwang and Li Long to "full" characters instead of "gimped moveset".
This is flase, a big part of AE was removing all (most) the game breaking bugs that made 3 unplayable

Berserker and Cervantes

Please kill yourself

A female Nightmare was a cool idea imo but leaving Elysium as a mimic really killed her.

>tfw you got gud enough to beat your friends with literally any weapon in the game
They hated me too, every time they'd be like "I'm kicking your shit in this time" and pick Seig/Mare, I'd just be like "O Rly?" and end up crushing them since I actually knew stances and whatnot.

A friend and I played sc2 once a week for a year, so much fun. I alternated between Nightmare, Voldo, and Kilik, and he would play Ivy and Raphael. Nostalgia is hitting me real hard.

SC5 > SC1 > SC4 > SB > SC2 > Shit > SC3