Idea guy thread

I want to hear all your crazy videogame pipe-dreams. Especially the ones you know deep down can never happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lGar7KC6Wiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dating sim where you can wife furniture

A game like oblivion and bioshock put together (not like fallout) with destruction and shit. I feel like it'd be amazing.

DMC 5

It's basically Dark Souls but you play as a dog.

An open world game based on old blaxploitation films.

I need 3 games in my life right now. If these 3 games will ever exist I can die happy

1) A Mario Party inspired game but on steam
2) A Paper Mario inspired game with all the quirks that make paper mario good

and 3) This is a big one, a Steam Trading Card Game, so steam trading cards can be used in a way that isn't just for crafting badges

Also post that video again, the one you got the image from

A single player mech warrior game

A game where you're forced to go hiking with some new friends and over a couple of days you get to know them better

That's my most recent mind blowing game idea

I think it would make a good indie game

I keep on thinking of a relatively low-poly artstyle but with a kind of watercolour finish

I guess like the art style in "Beyond eyes" but I haven't played that yet

You play as a Space Janitor who has to survive an attack on his Space Station by a gang of Cyberpunk Faggots. you do this by setting up elaborate traps with your cleaning supplies and access to vent shafts. the goal is to make it to the Emergency Shuttle by making the Cyberpunks slapstick around from your cleaning shenanigans.

A RPG that's kind of like Chrono Trigger, where you travel through time/dimensions, and each one has different graphical and playstyles that evoke the successive console generations. One era would be similar to a NES-era Dragon Quest, another would play like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI, another would have polygonal characters on prerendered backdrops like a PS1-era Squaresoft game, etc.

Bullet hell shmup/RTS hybrid where you control the cannon fodder enemies and bosses, trying to shoot down the lone badass shmup pilot hero. You design the bullet patterns, enemy spawns and shit

Paranormal police procedural shooter where you carve elder signs into doors to direct werewolves into your firing line and carefully identify every vampire you shoot from the 30 types in the manual for the right ritual to keep it from getting back up.

The dialogue would also change depending on the era too, complete with dodgy localization, shitty voice acting, and whatnot, gradually getting better the further in time you go.

I have an idea for a short game where you play as a computer program named KORI who has to retrieve text documents for his master. You go through several mega man esque levels to retrieve them, every one you pick up reveals a portion of a love letter/apology. When you collect them all your master sends you to another computer node to deliver the letter to another user. When you get there the user hands you an encrypted message (a rejection that calls out your master for being a shitty boyfriend) which when decrypted by your master causes him to free you from your programming AKA deleting you. The final boss is an unwinnable fight against a growing black void called the end.

A good MMO

youtube.com/watch?v=lGar7KC6Wiw

I had one while taking a walk the other day

>Play as an aayy lmao
>Can pick from 3-4 different races
>All of them VERY alien look. No bi-pedal
>You live on a space station that monitors Earth and is slowly helping mankind develop to join the galactic community
>You can develop relationships with you fellow scientists
>Your technology is so advanced you can monitor all of Earths communications.
>Stop wars. Start Wars.
>You can take a more aggressive approach and abduct humans to experiment on them, interrogate them, general just learn about them up close and personal
>Whole goal of the game is to decide how mankind should evolve as a despises

Thoughts?
I got the idea from Stellaris

vr coop tank crew game

A fantasy version of Doom

RTS where level of zoom changes gameplay mechanics.

Ace Combat X Strike Witches.
Sonic Riders but with less Sonic and more good.
Standalone version of The Asteroid Field from Shadows of the Empire.
Singleplayer Blacklight.
A rogue-like version of Knights of the Old Republic.
Singleplayer Armored Warfare.
Open world fantasy game like Skyrim, but plays like Unreal and has monster girls.
Mech game like Steel Lancer Arena International, in first person, for the Vita.
A fucking console game with a good fucking options menu.

2D Top Down Action game with some RPG elements with fun varied combat with a wide variety of enemies in a generic fantasy world.
I have tried to learn Löve2D and Lua, but my IQ is too low I guess because I can't figure any of it out.

An FPS Warhammer 40k game where you play as a shitty Imperial Guardsmen
You start off on the front lines of some massive war against Orks, quickly turns into a Dawn of War type story
>Chaos in one corner
>Necrons in another
>Eldar coming in from the sides
>Tau are there in a small exploration force
>Orks bopping around lootin n killin
>Space Marines are 4 weeks late to provide aid. Might not even be coming anymore.
>Boils down to a Freedom Fighters style, hit and run, liberate different sectors, recruit survivors and save the day.

Isn't that just Hexen/Heretic?

A new GTA game with V's engine but with San Ans RPG mechanics
you know
being able to make your self fat, skinny, buff, that kinda stuff.
That was fun.

Evolution game where you start out as a simple, primordial creature living in a young world. Your goal is to adapt and evolve to the changing environment, conquer your ecological niche, be it on land, sea or air, and propagate your species.

Basically spore, but with more realistic bent, and focus solely on the evolution aspect and creature stage.

an HP Lovecraft style investigation game
Something akin to LA Noire
only instead you have to deal with the horrors of the universe instead of crazy people

World of Tanks styled Tank game - difference would be you create your own tanks.

Builder would function by picking an existing chassis with characteristics like weight limits, ground resistances and suspension. Then you can design the armor similar to a CAD program where you shape material, extrude, combine, intersect and etc steel/blocks/objects. Weight would be calculated by volume for the armor. You could make plates have accurate thicknesses and whatever like angles. Make an IS-3? Go for it. Modify a Tiger I-like tank to have sloped front? Sure.

Then the other things would be a turret ring which would determine the kind of pre-made gun asset you could mount, you could design a turret and mantlet but it would still have a pre-made 'balanced' gun.

Pic related is Machinecraft - where the builder is too obtuse for actual tank design and armor penetration doesn't exist. World of Tanks has an actual armor penetration system.

>but everyone would just make sloped stuff/T-62s

Or we can get stuff like Batchats, M48 Pattons and whatever stuff like a Maus.

A Total War game where you can create your own faction, and with a few more management elements.

So... Bark Souls?

I can get behind that.
That WAS the best part of Spore.

A co-op shooter where you play as a bullet in a mag with 2-10 other people. One guy is the shooter dude and everyone else is his sentient ammunition.

The bullets are fired by the shooter and then they have to guide themselves once out of the barrel to the intended target with quick (or slow) mouse swipes. Once a new mag is inserted everyone spawns in new one again. If you can't get enough players for each bullet then it will fire a normal bullet going straight or just jump to the next player in line. If a player bullet takes no action it will fire normally. Every time a bullet-player is fired he will follow his projectile closely with a camera view attached closely behind it. Possibly alternate camera mode from a longer distance away, outside the gun, where the predicted bullet path is outlined from the barrel and changed on the go with mouse swipes.

Bullets have a fair bit of control once fired but no slowmotion to aid them, only a generally slowed down projectile speed that applies to all guns in the game (think quake 3 plasma projectile speed). Sweep the mouse to the right to go right and so on. Accelerate for more damage (M1) or go slower (M2) for more precise aiming and control can be adjusted midair.

cont.

SAO style VR when. Is it even possible?

Survival horror where you are a lone human trying to escape a large metropolitan city as a kaiju sized monster appears. It'll build from a typical day, to attacks happening but unsure what, then it keeps growing and growing until the city is in full panic. From the eyes of a lone person on the street so you feel the oppression of something much bigger than you rampaging and you have no way to stop it, only escape from it. Lots of possible path ways, streets, subway tunnels, on foot, by water, multiple paths to escape. You can get injured, but find ways to patch yourself up, you deal with other survivors maybe even make small parties, but you have to deal with their personality and reactions and fears about all this. As far as they know the world is ending and you're all in the middle of it.

But the main thing I want the game to get across is the scale, how small and insignificant you are to this creature and the fear of confronting something completely out of your power.

The shooter guy is without a HUD and has generally bad sight so he relies on his ammo-dudes to confirm long distance kills for him or take opportunities like hitting a grenade on an enemy's belt instead of his head, torso and such.

The bullets can select what kind of ammunition type they want to be (hollow point, armor penetration, incendiary) and observe where the shooter is looking from a gunpoint perspective while idle (better sight and target spotting but lower field of view), this also applies through scopes for easier predictions where to go before being fired. Furthermore, clicking fast but easy timings allow them to spin up inside the mag (it gets harder the faster they spin to keep boosting rotation) which increases penetration on targets (through enemies for multi kills, walls, body armor, vehicles, shields and such). If there is time before getting fired again the bullet that does a lethal shot gets to see Sniper Elite like view of his kill in replay (toggle).

Different weapons will allow entirely different types of ammunition and physics to adapt to, a grenade launcher might allow bouncing or exploding midair while a minigun lets you control entire bursts rather than single bullets. Exotic weapons lets you pin people to the ground/ceiling/wall (Think Painkiller).

A Mass Effect game where the tables are turned
You are the Reapers and you have to stop Shepard from doing what ever it is hes doing.

Dragon Age: Origins had a mini DLC like that.... it was fun.

Okami + Dark Souls. I'd play that

Yeah.
Spore was a massive letdown for me, because I actually thought that the 2005 presentation and the subsequent marketing were accurate.

I actually thought that the game would feature a world where you had to survive, and where the form of your creature mattered, not just the part it had.
I am still beyond mad about Spore.

I've always thought about having a game where there are a lot of, seemingly, harmless monsters (mostly humanoid) following you around closely and staring eerily in your face with distinct pupils and bright globes. They sometimes walk behind you but just as often get up to your side or even sneak in front of you but they will always be watching. They'll have the shape of something deeply hostile but their only action is passively creeping you out. If you wish you can waste your limited resources and kill them but they won't understand what's happening. The ones shot will limp after you, start wheezing if shot in the lungs or just collapse casually while trying to turn their head towards you.

Those that fall are dragged or carried by the healthy monsters as to not leave their family behind. If you run away too far they will start sobbing and screaming until you return or they catch up. If you don't check over your shoulder for a while the monsters might get a bit too brave and poke/touch your back and shoulders or preparing their fangs. Once you look at them again they will recoil back some distance. You can also lose items this way, to get them back you either have to kill them, break their arm/hand or trade them something else less valuable. You can even heal them with bandages if needed

When there's action going the monsters will try to hide and cover their ears. If you are killed you'll see how the monsters creep up and start eating your flesh, smiling and laughing softly as the screen fades to black. Fallen enemies will be looted and have eggs inserted into them even if still alive. Will they ever harm you suddenly? Read about it from the person that came before you through audio logs and whatnot.

I imagine as of now it would play something like Penumbra or The dark descent.

How about an RTS meets a/crpg where players are divided up into teams, each team has a captain that controls the the RTS portion of the game namely building and upgrading units and the other players control hero units kind of like that one dead game that tried to do the same thing except I wouldn't try to shoehorn FPS gameplay like that dead game did, add a map editor and 4 races with 4 heroes each an of course preset arena maps for those who seek ladder matches and call it day. Obviously the most basic game modes would be DM and TDM, but I imagine you could do others as well such as CTF, bases are permanent and can't be rebuilt in DM and TDM and though there would be an early abundance of resources early on in the game it would eventually run out and who ever the team captain was would have to risk workers to gather the resources around the map.

The last thing I want is forced shores like looking behind yourself all the time to make the monsters back off to avoid getting killed. A lot of the interactions with the monsters will be optional and have no direct unavoidable consequence like getting killed by them.

This is just the basis of the horror/creepy factor but I'm merely going by my own preferences. I really feel creeped out by the idea of seemingly harmless but also conscious and with observable eyes, monsters following you around with unknown intent. Their suffering and social ties coupled with being harmless + lack of offensive lethal resources will hopefully not just make players kill them off right away. Even if they are capable of it. The monsters laying eggs will act like a mechanic of replenishing the amount following you around. This will allow you to kill their spawn without using weapons by just stomping. This action will obviously antagonize the adult monsters yet they will not take direct action towards you.

To further make you doubt killing them is for the best they will help you progress and pick up shiny out of reach things for you to take or trade for.

rpg
space theme
ship is your hub and you beam down to different locations on a planet to fuck shit up for different reasons
after planet boss you move to the next one
you pick your class and can hire up to 3 other other dude/dudettes and then pick their skill tree from their pre determined class

you were the big bad all along kind of story

classes thought of so far:
technomancer
guy who brings laser sword to laser gun fight
explosives man
alien that knows how to fix any injury for some reason

You'll never steal my ideas OP, I know you work for them. I learned my lesson with pokemon sun and moon.

Picture related.

A Hunger Games Video Game

You create your own character
Pick a distract
Each one has its own perks and disadvantages
Different ways to win
>Kill everyone
>Get a waifu/husbando to get more sponsors, people want you to win, get handed victory
>Escape the arena into the great unknown

I was pretty young when that game came out
It was the most amazing thing in the world to me
I dumped hours upon hours into that
I don't even really know why
It inspired me to write a fanficion that served as the basis as my first real 'story'.
But, hearing all that stuff that got cut?
That makes me sad.
That kinda ruins the memories I have of that game.

ANOTHER WARHAMMER 40K GAME BOYS

Basically
Its MechWarrior
But you drive a verity of Titans
From a tiny ol' Scout Titan
to and Emperor Class 'step on your fucking city' class Titan

I would like a horror game where you are trapped in a valley with a monster. You start out at the entrance to the valley and the object is to make it to the opposite end. The valley will be mostly forest with some abandoned buildings and whatnot inside. You can make tools and traps that are fairly dynamic like snares or pits or bows. The monster will spawn in randomly and the AI will be similar to the one in alien. It's a lot faster and stronger than you, but it won't be an instant kill if it catches you. You could fight it head on and try to kill it or you could just focus on stealth and try to get through the valley by hiding.

The twist would be that there are a bunch of types of monsters and you have no idea which one it is until you encounter it. Each monster has its own strengths and weaknesses. There could be a lizardman monster that can camouflage itself but is dumb as fuck and will walk into traps easily. Each play through should last a couple of hours and you can save your game at several safe-houses throughout the valley or just on the fly but that carries the possibility that the monster is right around the next corner and you're fucked in that game.

Also add workshop compatibility and an extensive modkit so people can make their own monsters or expand on the crafting. No fucking multiplayer though where someone is the monster.

Ace Combat: Dragons

Also the crafting system will have to be pretty extensive to encourage creativity. Like you can't just build a spike trap and lure it into it every time. You'd have to actually plan that shit and it might now work every time. Even if you would it, it can run away and come back later. Maybe add in some side missions where there are NPCs that you can save or leave or use as bait to kill the thing. But these should be rare and actually scripted well. Like make a set of about 30 NPCs that will spawn in and will help or harm you. You can decide on how you interact. It would be hard to implement that, but again workshop could fix that. Put in 30, but allow people to make their own NPCs that will interact with you and have distinct dialogue. Also make that shit text based. You don't need 30 goddamn voice actors.

a Megas XLR video game

-loud sobbing-

Evoland

Game called "Forevertown".
Isometric perspective twin-stick shooter/survival game using a Silent Hill style demon apocalypse theme as set dressing. Big bad cult has successfully unleashed its evil, throwing the town into a purgatory state where it loops in on itself forever, becoming more decayed and twisted the further you travel from the epicenter. Usual traits of a survival horror game: Tight resources, characters with limited combat ability.
Open world with procedurally generated street/district/minor dungeon layouts alongside a bunch of handmade pieces used for story progression, permadeath mechanics involving keeping a safehouse going with various survivors that you switch to upon death, so "Lives" are technically gained by rescuing people from the game world. Safehouse can be outfitted with upgrading stations and the like and can be a pathway to one of the endings.
Survivors can be recruited as AI assistants allowing for drop-in multiplayer for up to four people dependent on the number of survivors in the host game.
Aside from the usual survival game stats you have to battle disease and demonic possession using various artifacts gained from the world or extracted from monsters, possession provides the opportunity to power up characters for a cost and can be induced. Both can alter the way you see the game world, doing things like drawing you as a monster to other players, drawing non-existent monsters or drawing friendlies as monsters.
Game can be completed in a number of ways by piecing together different storylines and completing puzzles in the hand-made setpieces mentioned earlier.

I'll probably get around to developing this at some point but I doubt I'll get far since I'm an artfag with minor programming knowledge and every dedicated programmer I've worked with so far has literally died midway through developing something.

a Mass Effect style RPG where you play as a man who is a werewolf
You form a pack.
Travel the lands, hunting, fighting off Werewolf/Monster Hunters
Turn other people into Werewolves
Become the alpha male, find your She-Wolf and have some pups
ultimate goal is either to find a cure for your curse (if you view it as such) or to exterminate any threats to your people. Hunters and the like.

>play as a leader/god of a smurf-sized race of people.
>through playing matchmaker and fuckin', the race of people undergo RULES OF NATURE to grow stronger and smarter until you lead them to overcome whatever-the-fuck obstacle, I'm no storyteller.
>ie, have a warrior and teacher breed, their child would be good at tactics

Make it a race of fairies and I'm in.

AND they ride Corgis into battle

Would much rather be a ganger in a hive city when shit goes down, make it a 3d brawler and use the very nature of an futuristic overcrowded dystopian arcology as an excuse to break the game up into various levels, if for what ever reason the funds exist then make it a metroidvania with the player and his gang trying to survive/thrive with the various other factions that would inhabit the hive also vying for control.

An FPS where you play as a lowly conscript in the Battle of Stalingrad. The massive amount of bloodshed cracks open the earth and Hell starts pouring out. You get swept up in the first wave of evil, giving you demonic speed and strength. Your arsenal consists of standard WW2 weapons augmented by Satan's blacksmiths, so like a Mosin Nagant with a bayonet that you can toss like a spear and it comes back, or an Obrez PTRD, or a bunch of PPShs strapped together. You must fight demons through linear crafted levels and rescue survivors (both Russian and German).

Working title: Otherland

>The Culling
But yeah, a single-player version can be awesome, like an improved version of UT2k4's singleplayer.

A Godfather stye game in Warhammer 40k?

I can get behind that.

I like the idea of draping the aesthetic of cuteness over what should be a brutal videogame, also kind of sounds like patapon.

Something that focus' on interpersonal relationships and story. But also action and blood n guts.

After a series of cataclysmic meteor strikes, and resulting Earthquakes, an entirely new continent has arisen off the shores of Northwestern Australia into the Indian Ocean known as Anarcadia.

Through strange geographical wonders, it's position on Earth, and other unknown forces, the Continent has a lot of climates similar to America, where you have a Desert, an arctic area, forest, but they also enter extremes, like Jungles, Ice Fields, and Wastelands, as well as plains.

Through even stranger anomalies, entirely new species and plants form over the course of a few decades. Each biome has a different set of creatures, though some share some others.

Before this continent was claimed by any world government, a random man with a lot of money claimed the Island for himself by invading it with his own personally funded Military. This is due to the fact that many nations were destroyed in the wake of Earthquakes and Meteors, so others with money, had power. They settle on the southwestern side of the Continent, on an Ice Peninsula, and they work to discover and experiment on the Island. Science work is a large part of their plans.

However, because they need more factors thrown in, they HAVE allowed people to enter the Island, but only on some conditions:

1. The Island is Anarchy besides the tip of the Peninsula. No laws, other than the conditions.

2. You can only go in with what you can carry on you. No wagons, or cars, etc.

3. You can bring groups, but if you form a settlement that begins to hold major power, you will be destroyed by the Government, which holds much more power.

Each Biome has different creatures, but some creatures are much more dangerous than the world counterparts, some even made to hunt humans. The left side of the continent is generally much more dangerous than the right. There are also intricate cave systems.

You are one of these immigrants. Your backstory is up to you. I have a google doc of all the biomes if one wants to see.

A stylish action game about a second American civil war in the near-future, and our Bayonetta protagonist is a loudmouthed, down-home country gal in a Confederate Flag knotted off shirt and daisy dukes.

Picture this 70s-stereotype trailer trash redneck girl "YEEHAW!"ing through the air, making racist wisecracks and sipping sweet tea through every cutscene while kickflipping old pickup trucks into police barricades and shit. The entire soundtrack is 100% country music.

A fantasy virtual reality MMO like BC WoW.

JUST MAKE IT ALREADY.

S.W.A.T. style tactical shooter MMOFPS set in a near-future world with dystopian proto-arkology skyscrape-slums policed by private security firms using androids. Each player is the sole proprietor entrepeneur of a new start-up private security force, and must build their business to success through rewards for neutralizing NPC threats with appropriate force (including jailing them and delivering them to judicial centers), alongside fellow players competing for the same scores. Different scenarios for assignments, responding to live emergency situations, or pursuing fugitives, all organically thrown into your arkology. Players sometimes come into conflict, normally discouraged by game design (possibility to have your participating forces labeled hostile threats themselves, even to have your whole agency delicensed for persistent criminality), but firefights may break out in the heat of the moment, or sometimes a well calculated sneak-attack may be worth it. Arkologies are the server/shard, and play is further focused down to the current floor you're working (but it's entirely possible to be forced to move outside it). Course of meta-play is based on controlling turf on a floor-by-floor basis.

A mysterious traveler sends you an anonymous request through a dating service to spend the night at your house, in return you can do anything you like to them.

Being of the deviant, predatory sort you accept the request. Later that night during sex you turn this stranger over and clench your fist, aiming directly for their asshole. You growl, "I hope you are prepared for this." Just before you plunge your fist deep inside the stranger whispers mysteriously, "I am, but are you?"

The game begins with a first person view of your fist plunging deep into the anus of the stranger, with your fist down the bottom of the screen in the centre like doom or whatever.

The Fist is surrounded by anal walls and you push deeper, however something seems strange. You keep going deeper and deeper with your fist but can feel no end, in fact, the tunnels seem to be widening the further you go.

The game is then about you exploring a dungeon in first person playing as your hand trying to escape the ass of the mysterious stranger.

This is next level.

Mark Z. Danielewski's Hole of Leaves?

Thoughts on what art style you'd use? Pseudo-Wolfenstein just with shitwalls?

to summarize, an MMOFPS focused on brutal competition / latent conflict between laissez-faire private police forces operating in close proximity, theoretically prioritizing PVE but with the potential to drop into PVP at any moment, and with a strong business management / rts metagame.

I was thinking clean red fleshy walls and it would slowly become more tradition fdantasy dungeon with some geiger-ish momednts.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Instead of having an actual ending, have it just eventually spit you out in an actual old first-person game that uses the "Hand in the middle of the screen" style. Meta as fuck.

This is applicable to so many things, it's hardly surprising how often it was remade for other careers

fez 2.

I've had this pasta before.

greyhound racing game with capuchin jockeys

hucow milking game

VR nutshack sim

SS13

It's a pretty interesting core concept (each bullet a fly-by-wire), but there's no real case for the multiplayer as you've described it.

Combination of Toribash and Frozen synapse, a multiplayer shoot-em-up where teams of people plan out complex turn-based action movie stuns against each other.

Levels would be detailed and full of phys props that the characters would interact with, being able to grab/throw small objects, pushing tables over for cover, there'd even be a possibility of tripping on things with the physics system. Players could plan out very complex, dynamic routines to execute with variable success.

Networking would probably be absolute hell though.

Smash Bros clone for PC with steam workshop support; infinite modded characters, levels and items. Support for unlimited-player local multiplayer, limited by the physical number of controllers you can plug into your PC.

>unlimited

You're crazy

Tell me you wouldn't pay good money to see someone rig up a 400 player local Smash Bros game.

Well the idea is meant to be sorta meta in the first place. It would actually end up being a very complex and rewarding rpg experience, with characters, dialogue paths and different skills and equipment. Its just that most people would never make it past the first area and thus never discover the true richness of the experience.

Check out City Shrouded in Shadow

so in other words it's that one episode of south park as an ironic greenlight trash meme game.

BBC Simulator.

Where you can simulate me cucking your wife with my BBC.

Hitman style game except you play as the thing.

Or any game really where I can be a kickass monster eating people and such. Evolve curbed that hunger but just for a bit.

Serial Murder simulator.

The Witcher 3 but with Dark Souls combat and guns instead of swords and there is chest height walls and stuff to take cover behind everywhere.
Also it's based off the middle east instead of Eastern Europe and all the drowners are replaced with Hajis.

Better Idea, get the creators of south park to let you use the license to make a 2d metroidvania about lemmywinks' adventures in the gay mans ass, don't even end it when he gets out just make it about exploring the locations in the immediate vicinity of where he got out and seemingly incidently teaching people about various things, allow for lemmywinks to return to Mr.Slave's ass or any other part of the map as the player wants to. You can even make specific challenges for each level that could do the teaching for you, such as when in the large intestine have a short buff applied to lemmy (like hydrated) that when it runs down he takes damage since the large intestine reabsorbs water back into the body to conserve it and the only way to keep the buff applied is to drink water, do things like Mr.Slave's ass goes from being the tutorial to a series of challenge levels or boss rush modes once you leave it.

Batman game that plays similarly to hitman where you play as a depowered clayface out to get revenge on the makers of the cream that ruined him.

But I'm working on the game I had an idea for

This too

My dream game is a hack n slash game like Ninja Gaiden Black or Bayo, except it's open world, and you drive across enormous distances in your F-Zero machine.

>TES spin-off
>Nerevarine in Akavir
>cuh-razy action game because you're a fucking demigod by the end of Morrowind and Akavir is full aggro
>all the skills, notable armour and weapons from Morrowind return, retooled for exploration and combat
>customisable movesets, with all the skills
>metagame like DMC4, blending skills for insane combos and hugely varied playstyles

C-can I play as Samurai Goro in NG+?

Do game developers not actually like games? Why do we have so many uninteresting ideas turned into games, why does advertising seem to take greater priority than actual gameplay?

Action game that's 4v4 with different armor and weapons.

Best of all you don't have to grind out equipment or items in a story mode. All resources are available at the start of the game.

Well, now I think I know how I'm going to make my entry into the industry as an idea guy, I just have to start and or become the head of a successful advertising firm.

a VR game for PC where you're in a big room, and every minute a random object will drop down and you can do things with it.
Burning, breaking, building, applying, gluing, sewing, eating, drinking, playing, typing, moving, creating, destroying, etc.
After 30 minutes, you can submit an item idea online, or alt tab out of the game to paste a link to the idea
After an hour, the game auto-asks you to save what you've done(you can save at any time). If you save, it will create a project file on your computer (or to cloud if selected), you can submit the project file online so other people can view it and do things with it.
All NSFW ideas would be put into a separate game mode, and java,C+python,lua,flash,etc. coding would be able to be put in the game (games within the game)

Devil may cry rpg
>Customize your character's apearance
>Choose from 10 different character voices (including a Dante and Vergil voice)
>Choose 2 out of 7 weapons at the start of the game, unlock or buy 50 other weapons as the game progresses
>Choose 2 out of 7 styles at the start of game, gain 50 other styles in progression
>Missions are branching paths, meaning that your character will go through different stories/ levels depending on your actions in level or in game decisions in single player story mode
>Average play through has 20 missions
>Has 11 different endings, 250 possible missions
>Co-op mode in which you and another player has access to 100 other missions separate from single player
>Cuhrayzee gameplay with top production value
>Hell maybe even add dozens of waifus and husbandos to the story mode
I'd love to play this or make this happen, but this will never be a reality.

An RPG (with actual RPG elements) with good gameplay and maybe even a passable story.

inb4 turn based weeb games I mean proper good combat.

a game that is like a mix of battlerite and helldivers

top-down action game where you form a squad of 4 people, then you do pvp missions against other squads. you'd use money to buy cooler stuff. combat would like a mix of battlerite and helldivers, except it would be very fast and TTKs would be very low in general. there would be a lot of build variety, like melee builds, demolition builds, heavy weapons, power armor etc.

honestly, it's not even that much of a pipe dream since i'm doing computer science and learning game dev stuff on my free time. i don't think i would ever be able to build the engine to make this happen, but maybe if some dev released a similar game with a very moddable engine, then i could make it happen

An MMO where you play as evolved animals. Each faction is a different "kingdom" of animals.

Mammals are medieval style
Birds are Aztec
Reptiles are chineese like with a bit of Ork
Fish are greek
Insects are abominations

Everyone is in an all out war, but they hate one other race. The bats, which are steam punk in aesthetics.

Each class has their own special shit. Like, wolves are better in stats when near other mammals but the fox is the opposite. The bear is tougher and hist hard, vultures can raise the dead.

>Being a bear fag instead of being a glorious Witch Doctor Vulture

So the reptiles are mongolians?

i dont want to do anything new since gamers are stupid. have a zombie game instead.

A horror game with zero sound. The only way to detect dangers outside of your FoV is through vibrations on your controller.

a good fucking viking game, open world with mount and blade army build possibilities, generation systems like hiers, like a first person ck2 type deal. raping and pillaging, actively burning generated cities to the ground, dark souls esque combat system, money would buy more than just buildings, recruiting pillaged citizens, good sea battles, hunting, non instance based like mount and blade, extreme character customization, very mod friendly aswell. I just want to be a lord and have extreme maintenence on everything, something just autistic and actiony

an actual murder simulator

a highly detailed open world where you can kill people

every single building/interior is uniquly designed and explorable

you just go around killing people

No More Heroes?

>yandere simulator

Clam Digger.

Oh you gonna love this, boy. Tyrone calls you up, you know, in the game, and he says, "I can dig more clams than you, stupid!" And you've got to say, "Nuh-uh, boy!" And then y'all gotta race down to the beach with your buckets and your shovels. And the object of the game... is to find parking.

Sengoku Rance but with Dynasty Warriors combat and rapefus.

Das Kapital the game.

You start as a pleb doing meaningless tasks that benefit the upper class. You are grouped together with a bunch of NPCs but the majority of them have wives, kids, alcohol, and other meaningless pursuits that drain all their income. You, as a waifu-less pleb, save up your money and eventually can invest in your own factory and then work your way into the upper class.

From there you have the option to either unite your comrades and seize the means of production, or you can expand your factory and try to join the elite. Both sides have its struggles. If you try to stage a communist overthrow of the means of production then you face resistance from those who already own most of the factories in the nation. But if you try to join the existing aristocracy and expand your factory then you're labeled as "new money" and aren't taken seriously by the already wealthy, while at the same time you get criticized from your fellow coworkers as "selling out" and trying to act like you're better than where you belong.

I'm a huge fan of resource management games like Factorio and Anno so I'd like to include some of those elements but I'm not sure how to incorporate the more social dynamics into the game. You'd need something like a dating simulator where you can interact with your fellow factory workers and bosses and the eventually deal with capitalists and heads of state and union leaders.

This is all way too ambitious for where I'm currently at (I barely know C#) but hey, here's an idea for you guys. And if it leads to more games about economics I'm all for it.

A war game with a high fantasy setting, except with present-day tech.

You know, it's kinda crazy that there isn't a good viking video game out there. Like, there's plenty of video games that include guys with pointy helmets, but nothing like Mount and Blade where you own a keep and recruit troops and go on raids and upgrade your forces and expand your mythology, etc. It would even fit perfectly into the modern design of "send these guys off on a raid, check back in 8 hours" type of gameplay that everything from WoW to mobile games have nowadays.

>Fantasy RPG about 2 warring kingdoms
>Generic 3 classes of warrior, rogue and mage
>Each class has it's own story line and levels
>Warrior is about recruting soldiers and fighting on the frontlines
>Rogue is about being a secret agent in the other kingdom, tearing the place from the inside with assassintion and general destabilisation
>Mage is about seeking the magical edge to win the war
>Your choices in the game can affect the outcome of the war like the rogue going back to his own kingdom and work for the opposite side or the mage taking all the power for himself

it would be deeper than that. you would need to prepare for your kill, like buying vats of chloric acid for when you bring the body or hostage to your safehoise for disposal

all the npc's wilk carry out unique and detailed lives. the technology doesnt exist for a game like this

An MMO where the class changes genre.

sounds like the most generic RPG ever made

I like it, although I probably only comprehend your vision up to the "co-op twin stick shooter zombie survival rogue-like" part. But the idea of the people you rescue being your back-up lives is awesome, kinda like Tokyo Jungle.

The elevator pitch might sound like it
The main selling point is the replayability of the game

I guess you could say that.

The leaders of each race:

King Leo for mammals, obvious
Doves are the reincarnation of the sun god (Which is just an old travel advertisement.) Although the actual leaders that get shit done are the owls.

Reptiles have a weird hybrid emperor. It is a crocodile who loves war with a snake for a tail that loves subtle torture.

Fish have a council of dolphins. Even though they are technically mammals, the dolphins convince the fish that they are well... fish

Insects have a failed experiment called "The One Mind". A combination of every insect in a disgusting blob.

The bats have an Alucard from hellsing like leader.

>a highly detailed open world where you can kill people
You mean GTA?

>Player-run economy RPG sandbox MMO
>Many skills ranging from commerce (being a traveling merchant) to animal husbandry.
>Food and water requirements
>No real objective except crafting and acquiring housing.
>Third person combat with melee, ranged weaponry, and magic.
>Gear is only cosmetic.
>Perma-death.
>Open PvP but towns will have guards that will one-shot players that try to attack others.
>If your character dies, the next character you create has increased exp rates for crafting and leveling up until they reach the same level as the character that died.

>replayability
That comes down to game design, which your pitch included 0% of.

>permadeath in an MMO
This turns people away.

yeah, if you're a pussy

most people are pussies
and MMOs kinda require "most people" to be on board to function.

Doesn't change the fact that it's bad business for the dev.

fine

make dying give severe exp penalties instead

Pretty much exactly chronicles of Elyria

A racing game set in a cyberpunk/80s inspired city called Neon city. Inspired by Drive and Hotline Miami. The game has an indepth story and open world but the dialogue is minimal if even existent, the game is made so all emotion and tutorials are inbuilt into the world or music. Music would also be synthwave in nature. All the tehnology and cars would be from the 80s but the graphic design and music would make it feel like its futuristic. Gameplay would mostly be racing and car chases. There would be certain story missions in which you would exit your car and do some basic fighting to keep the story going, the main experience is behind the wheel.

pic releated

A good game.

>MMORPG
>Permadeath, but when you get defeated by another player, then that player can choose to execute your, or spare you
>executing players corrupts your character, sparing makes your character more noble
>all gear is dependent weight, material and quirks, there are no shitty stat increases, effectiveness of weapons relies on design, speed and reach
>magic is incredibly powerful, but also risky, and may end in you going allahu ackbar, killing yourself
>economy is self driven, and merchants only have the gems, gold, silver they make. Nothing "dissapears", but new gold can be made by mining etc.
>there are no levels, no progression, other than your own skill, and the skills that you develop etc.
>world is big, and all zones have their own themes with gear, items and ingredients to be gathered, that all have a use of some sorts and value.
>all players must work towards a common evil, even though there are many factions to join. There will be a raid, that is so hard, that atleast +100 players must work together to complete. If the raid isen't completed within a realistic timeframe, then everyone literally loses the game, and the server restarts with a clean slate

GTAV but with Shadowrun. Same online features, as well. Visible cyber/bioware, fully customizable firearms with smartlink options, fully realized Matrix option for Deckers and the like.

Unfortunately, no one would ever buy it, the story would be weak at best, and Shadowrun fans would more then likely bitch about a lack of choices in the game as well. Cyberpunk doesnt seem to appeal to the masses anymore, save for Deus Ex.

Gundam AU set some years after a major war between colonies and Earth.
You get your own Zeta Gundam-like transforming MS with a tandem cockpit and an android waifu copilot.
Open-ended mercenary work and a simple story (feddies killed your comrades, you're not happy about it).

A 40K Guardsmen game where you control not just a single soldier but a squad with you.

>Every squad member can die
>If the one you're controlling dies, you shift to another one
>They all follow you into battle and take cover when you do, charge when you charge, fire at targets of opportunity, spot enemies and such
>Number keys allow you to give orders, like lob volleys of grenades, rapid-fire, hit the dirt, fire on my target, ect
>The entire squad's accuracy is based off of your own, up to a cap
>Every unit has different abilities
>Commissars/Demagogues lead 15 barely trained soldiers who have a lower accuracy cap, and can shoot/sacrifice members of their own squad give out buffs to all nearby squads, with the leader always dying last
>Bog-Standard guardsmen squads come with 10 dudes, a special weapon, and decent accuracy
>Veterans come in squads of 7, with two special weapons and a slightly higher accuracy base and cap
>Stormtroopers/Terror Squads come in squads of 5, are heavy armored against lasgun shots, and have hellguns for rapid fire murder, plus one special weapon
>Catachans/Mutants come in bunches of 4, have higher health, much higher melee damage, shotguns, a flamer, and a slew of special grenades
>Heavy Weapon squads are just a pair of guys with a big freaking gun and a lasgun between the two of them
>Armored crews can drive a Chimera, Sentinel, Hellhound, or Devil Dog

>Every map has tons of ruins for cover and rubble to slow down vehicles that stray off the beaten path (except the Sentinel)
>Lots of different objectives; securing and destroying artillery, killing everything, or destroying/protecting shrines
>Squads can be customized in look and feel, with chaos able to dedicate themselves to a god, so they scream out his name after wiping units, or Imperials being gung-ho, pious, jaded, or professional
>Tons of banter between squad members during the pre-combat set-up phase

>team based card game based on the four elements: air, earth, fire, and water
>maximum of 40 cards, each player starts off with 20 life
>mana is generated each turn with a maximum of 10 mana
>each player chooses one of each element
>each element has their own spell cards and mana costs
>each element is devoted to certain things, fire is more damage oriented and water heals, etc etc
>allied players can combine certain spells together to create new elements and spells that have special effects
>air + earth = sand, air + fire = lightning, air + water = storm (hurricanes, tornadoes), earth + fire = magma, earth + water = mud, fire + water = steam
>each player gets a skill based on their element that can be activated every so often for a certain amount of mana
>air - dodge next harmful spell
>earth - damage shield that lasts until broken
>fire - increased spell damage for next spell
>water - heal for a minor amount

I'm sorry to say that your idea would have a hard time online. Teamwork is forlorn if you have to communicate to other human beings.
I would say it has merit as a physical card game, though.