Titanfall 2

Is Titanfall 2 gonna be any good?
I heard that they severely changed the gameplay but I'm not sure how.

Anyone here following this game's development that can shed a few more details on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TOc1vp-Qtao
youtube.com/watch?v=7qGsLKzmEgA
youtu.be/TOc1vp-Qtao
youtube.com/watch?v=phQ6Gc4DVE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They watered down the gameplay and design for the PSCasuals.

The feedback for the beta a while back was mostly negative, game removed a lot of what made the first one fun and is now more of a generic FPS just with mechs mixed in.

Also it comes out like a week after BF1 which doesn't bode well considering how fast the first game died off when it came out without any other real competition. It's almost like EA wants the game to fail.

>sword mech only pulls out a sword for a few seconds duration special move

Glad i gave up on pre-ordering

They also locked the first game to their origin failure

nobody wants origin

This
I still have some hope though, but not much

It did feel off for a while, but they hotfixed the "beta" halfway through and it felt pretty good to play then

They've fixed alot of the complaints from the beta, some remain. You can go super fucking fast now. Not as fast as the strafe eject glitch from the first game, but that's exactly what it was, a glitch. Attrition is back.

>game removed a lot of what made the first one fun and is now more of a generic FPS just with mechs mixed in
They dialed it back on the parkour?

There's something about Titanfall 1 that makes it look really nice that is lacking in 2, but i don't know what it is

Sonic Fast and Attrition Confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=TOc1vp-Qtao

youtube.com/watch?v=7qGsLKzmEgA

Also, seems like Tone and Legion are the meta titans

Here's a video for proof

Much faster than any version of the beta. Really similar to TF1 if not having a further horizontal distance in jumps. Gives me hope.

They kinda fucked themselves with the beta, it gave everyone a bad impression. But at the same time, without the beta, the game might have released with all those bad aspects intact because they had no feedback to go off of. I think it has a large chance of getting crushed by BF and CoD in sales and populations, unfortunately.

youtu.be/TOc1vp-Qtao

Titanfall 2 aesthetics aren't as gritty, are much more bland. All 3 beta maps were just clean white walled structures with different terrain and different colored grass.

youtube.com/watch?v=phQ6Gc4DVE0

Ronin's standard melee has a longer reach and I think it does more damage than the other Titan's. The shield block could also be used indefinitely. Also, his special boosts his dash regen by a whole lot.

If I had to define it in a word, I'd say 2 lacks fluidity, based on the beta.
It could just be me being a shitter and not adapting to the new mechanics though.

>want to play
>will be locked to origin again
>will be competing with niggerfield and cod
fucking hell

I want a mech game like Armored Core on XB1 but I'm not sure TF2 is that game. The beta didn't seem right at all.

You weren't a shitter,the beta was garbage. The latest version looks great though as seen in videos above. Still think they need an actual Titan Timer rather than a percent bar that increases. Slightly higher killtimes and no red outline on enemies either.

Population on PC was a huge issue after only 2 months. I love me some Titanfall, but I'm not falling for the "play the game during its first months if you want to quickly find games" meme, so I'll wait a few months to see what's going on.

You should too.

I looked at the videos and, although I will say it does look improved, a good portion of times he started going fast he was shut down pretty quickly by enemies. I feel that it's going to end up like BO3 where the movement mechanics were pretty cool, but overall map and weapon design results in a meta that discourages going fast.
Titan timer is a must not only because there needs to be more titan fights in general, but players may be discouraged from playing if they never get a titan.
Higher TTK and removal of the red outlines would definitely help. I also hope they new feature where you can go through friendly units as a pilot, really prevented a lot of frustration
Hawken is a F2P freemium mech game, might be worth a try.

Oh yeah forgot about Hawken.

Its so fucking bad