Tfw you take the final PC redpill

>tfw you take the final PC redpill
Buying a prebuilt computer is far cheaper and professionally built. You can't tell me you rather spend $2,500 on components and put it together yourself (monkey quality) instead of spending $1,500 on pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

directron.com/ct4k16g4dfd82.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll spend $1000 and make something better

better how? these babies come with all the latest hardware

>prebuilt computer
>professionally built
Exactly. And that profession is - merchant, salesman. But it is not
>cheaper
Those computers are professionally built to drain as much money from the buyer as possible.

no seriously go to the asus website and and check the specs and quality of this thing.

Must be nice to be 14

Actually I'm getting too old and just want simpler things. Only a underageb& still poops his pants about building tyte 8core room warmers with 32 GBs of ram. Shit almost forgot, and the FOTM graphics card.

This is bait.

...right?

I hope so.

i literally bought one of these open-box a few years ago.

they went up to an underclocked version of a 760. and that was at the mucho-dinero range. mine had a 750(not ti). they always get you when it comes to the gpu. literally every time.

"Graphics: AMD RADEON/NVIDIA/FUCKING INTEL HD GRAPHICS"

every. time.

Building a pc is literally lego. Are you that retarded that lego is too hard for you? Is lego that hard to make look good? Have you ever seen the inside of a pre-built PC? 99% of the time they look like they were put together by literal money men.

I fell for the prebuilt meme. Tell me what's best to keep and which parts I should just replace so I can build a better one please.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz 56 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Alienware 0PGRP5 (SOCKET 0) 63 °C
Graphics
Compaq S2021 (1600x900@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 (NVIDIA) 63 °C
ForceWare version: 372.70
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75M2NA0 (SATA) 35 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

>FOTM graphics card

is this shit from 2009?

Yeah...

Why are you shitposting here if you are not a child?

Checkmate, child.

>Daily Asus shill thread
back to with you

and two posts later

>GTX 745
there are youtube channels for this shit, but even those arent necessary. look up something called "benchmarks". they compare how different gpus (graphics processing units) and cpus (that processor) play games. mainly how many FPS you get with the same settings.

then after that youll need tutorials for pc assembly. but most prebuilts are not built to be taken apart and upgraded. sometimes they even make the ram laptop-size just to be a dick.

>NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 Graphics
Experience the most astounding visuals with the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics.
>SSD on ROG G20 accelerates data access, resulting in a faster and more responsive system. SSDs are also more reliable and longer-lasting than mechanical hard drives.
>If your ROG G20 comes with high end graphics options like the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 and above, it will feature two adapters to handle the increased energy demands.
Yea, no.

I know you're baiting but there are people who genuinely believe this.

>sometimes they even make the ram laptop-size just to be a dick.

i have completely changed my mind, thank you.

Death to laptops

>Graphics
> Compaq S2021 (1600x900@60Hz)
> Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell)
> 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 (NVIDIA) 63 °C

get a better one

there

you're welcome

It really depends.
If its a pre-built model that was built out of the same parts someone could buy separately, the answer is yes.

If its a super-mega-hexagon-reactor-coolant (TM) series 17500 by Asus Republic of Gamers sponsored by Mountain Dew Code Red terms and conditions may apply pre installed with HP desktop manager, then no.

Pre-builts like this are usually built compact and flashy looking and for people who don't necessarily know better. So they charge more for the same parts.

So onsite pre-builts can be cheaper.
But offsite packaged cancer boxes like pic related will never be.

You're spending like $500 just for the GR badge and other superfluous CS fees that you can do without.

I'm not sure if english speaking countries make the distinction, but buying a computer and having it assembled in shop - is not the same as a prebuilt.
thats just paying for assembly and possibly a whole-computer warranty instead each part.

I got a prebuilt as a gift a couple of years ago, literally the only think I could use from it when I upgraded was the GPU and Ram

>spent $1,500 on an 970 i5 build

>in middle school wanted my own computer
>got a cheap gpu for the family computer but always hogged by mom
>worked 20 hours a week and saved up for an alienware
>finally got it at the end of the school year
>its an enormous piece of shit, even worse than the shitty costco dell i had
>thought that alienware meant 100% godlike performance for all games
i learned the hard way to never trust laptops and prebuilts

Prebuilt is fine, it's not that big of a deal, so long as you can customize it after the initial purchase,

Not only is initial cost of building your own usually cheaper, you save money on the inevitable future upgrade/new build.

Prebuilts all have tiny cases designed to fit a specific set of hardware. If you get a new GPU there's a good chance it won't fit, and a good chance the PSU won't be able to handle it either.

A decent PSU and HDD/SSD will last 5-10 years easily, and even a cheap mid or full tower case will last decades.

>alienware
I bought their new peripherals and the life expectancy is about 2 years. The mouse disconnects randomly from a short and the keyboard is a filth magnet.

Retarded.

>put together decent build for 500€
>get better than i would have gotten buying 900€ pre built shit

i bet you could build yourself a 1100% machine that better than that 1500 pos

1100$ not %

My computer could beat up your computer.

user I really hope you didn't buy a 5960X just for gaming.

y-y-yeah!

Why? Is it supposed to be calculating the cure for cancer and disarming nukes?

>1920x1080 @ 60hz
>GTX 1080

Why?

It's a collosal waste of money.

Happy?

It turns itself back to 60hz sometimes and I don't know what causes it.

It seems worth it for the price.

>future proof

>You can't tell me you rather spend $2,500 on components and put it together yourself (monkey quality) instead of spending $1,500 on pic related.

H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A
A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H

You stupid niggers. This is some shit bait.

>1080 on a single fucking 1080p60fps monitor

What the fuck are you doing? You spent an extra $500 when any new midrange card can do that?

The last time I built a computer was back in 2009. I don't want to waste money upgrading parts every year, but when I do I don't fuck around.

7/10

That very thing you said is retarded.

Prebuilts make money on selling you low quality components in an all-in-one. Dogshit power supplies are extremely common, and you also don't get warranty on each component.

read
I only get 90fps on gtaV on max settings.

yes

Oh I didn't know that

then yeah, it would be a waste of money and resources for anyone to invest in prebuilt computers.

I dunno if anyone cares, but I made a rule for myself a while ago: anytime someone says something is "The ultimate/greatest/etc. Redpill" it's the exact opposite of the redpill, or if you don't care for that kind of terminology, they're lying to you.

If someone can actually redpill you on something it means you are pretty fucking stupid anyway.

How is that supposed to make sense

Alienware tries to jew people hard.

Why does an extra 56 GiB RAM cost $800?

But user, the prebuilt in your pic related is shit.

Red pill me on what you mean

>ddr4 2133mhz

it's a little more expensive but good luck finding 64gb of decent DDR4 2133 at much lower. I'd say probably around $200 bucks cheaper at BEST,

I just want to pay someone to get the processor set up. That shit makes me too nervous.

redpill is basically a synonym for "convince me your viewpoint is correct so I don't need to think for myself!" it's said by stupid people who just go with the argument that sounds smart and goes the best with their thinking.

redpiling implies you are so clueless or completely misinformed about the topic

Anyone with common sense and logic shouldn't be like that about anything.

>buy pre-built
>company that sells it out to make a profit
>components priced at manufacturer's suggested retail
>they also charge extra for putting it together
>end up spending nearly $1500 for a $900 machine

>build your own
>check newegg, tigerdirect or some of the many other websites that sell PC parts
>shit is always on sale with combo items
>the same pre-built you were going to buy would be $300-500 cheaper if you put it together yourself
>spend that money towards a better gpu
>not only do you save money but you increase your basic understanding of computers

it amazes me that anyone on Cred Forums is still afraid to build their own PC. some motherboards even include a fold-out poster that illustrates the steps for you, if you're too stupid to watch a video on youtube.

directron.com/ct4k16g4dfd82.html

I've installed probably 10+ cpus in my life and I've never messed one up. If I can do it, you can user, just watch some videos and mind the little triangle. they are meant to be installed by consumers.

Yeh man
i7
16 gigs of ram
250 gig ssd
and the part that makes it the real go getter
gtx 950

>People are stupid when a convincing argument is convincing
I don't understand
So what, do smart people come out the womb having the correct informed opinion? People will only change their viewpoints if they're dumb? That makes no sense.

if any argument makes you completely 180 on your understanding of a subject you are already stupid. there's no shame in trying to not be stupid, but the first part of that is admitting you're stupid.

You don't redpill children user, thats education and teaching.
Redpill implies that the short brief summary of information layed upon you changes your perception of the entire thing.

That means you already have a perception and opinion of it - if you are not a fucking retard, you should be able to read between the lines and understand whatever said thing is atleast to a point where "redpilling" wouldn't be much of a surprise at all because you suspected/knew most of it through your magical skills of common sense, logic and deduction.

If you were able to grow up and form a completely shit opinion on something that can be turned upside down by some faggot on the internet in an 500 word summary - you are stupid.