Be an Elf

>Be an Elf
>Get to enslave random people and not be punished
>Get to shit all over the Empire and act superior even though you're a vassal
>Despite outliving men by hundreds, if not thousands of years, are incapable of matching them in terms of raw manpower due to shit culture that has little regard for life
>Treat homeland as a place of milk and honey, to the point where being openly racist against foreign races in an accepted part of society, but members of your own race who leave for extended periods are ostracised and considered tainted for being gone too long.

Anyway why do so many TES fans have a hard on for the Dunmer? Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/fight-one-eating-birth-dagon
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/6006/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Treat homeland as a place of milk and honey, to the point where being openly racist against foreign races in an accepted part of society, but members of your own race who leave for extended periods are ostracised and considered tainted for being gone too long

I'm failing to see anything negative here.

>why do so many TES fans have a hard on for the Dunmer?
because of the rather cool lore

yeah but beth elves are shit ugly so theres that

>Shithesda
>Cool lore

lmao kys.

I think the combination of that and Morrowind (unlike Oblivion for example) actually realizing that lore fairly well is the reason. All the races of elder scrolls have pretty cool lore though.

(You)

So you skipped Morrowind?
>kys
Yeah, you are probably too young for that.

>So you skipped Morrowind?
to be fair even later games have some neat lore, I think he just skipped TES franchise entirely

daily reminder that dunmer cucks got BTFO after the events of Oblivion

The Redoran saved Morrowind though, also pretty much the entire world got BTFO in the 4th era, its a time of a massive decline all around

I must admit that I ddin't really care for this series past Morrowind. Though I have Skyrim and should really give it a try.

the later titles kinda hide their lore a bit, its still there, but you have to pay a bit more attention since its not as "in your face" as it is in morrowind

>Caring about TES
>dungeon clearing simulator

kek. You should think about playing some better games with actual story and lore.

>be argonian
>get to swim underwater, an effect that is easily emulated with the most basic potions and spells
>get to be enslaved and treated like the meme race by everyone
>despite the overwhelming power of the hist, it doesn't really care outside of the inner black marsh so you're on your own
>homeland is a fucking swamp that is so shitty other races are physically incapable of treading too far in without being eaten alive

>caring about games
>button pressing simulators
>caring about games with story and lore
>literally encyclopedia simulators

>the later titles kinda hide their lore a bit
You mean "later titles completely butcher the lore and Kirkbride salvages it due to his writing being so fucked up even lore rapes seem intentional in hindsight"

Because that's pretty much the whole "you are both Akatosh and Alduin and you're basically Lorkhan as well and you're fucking killing an evil incarnation yourself as a good incarnation of yourself" thing.
Nerevar rising has heartbeat in the background for a reason.

Daily reminder that Kirkbride prefers Skyrim lore over Morrowind.

argonians are objectively the worst race, though the whole Hist thing is interesting, but we will never get a title set in the Black Marsh, so that lore won't get much of a spotlight

So I started the series back in the day as a wee babby boy with Arena and Daggerfall, skipped Morrowind as I didn't really play video games anymore. Gave Oblivion and Skyrim a playthrough each last year now that I'm getting back into it. I liked them both quite a bit, they both had their ups and downs but I was pretty pleased on the whole.

Now, people kept telling me that Morrowind was the best one, but I'm about 6 hours in right now and I just don't see it. It's really boring. The simple act of walking around is an absolute chore, the combat is dire, the environments are hideous and every character is just a walking infodump. When I stumble upon an interesting character or quest, it gets really interesting, but it never lasts long.

pretty accurate

>You mean "later titles completely butcher the lore
pff, stop overdramatising, only oblivion rapes the lore, Skyrim is surprisingly accurate, both the map and most of the details
> evil incarnation yourself
Alduin isn't really evil, he is just crazy and Lorkhan and later on the humans are to blame for his insanity

Point at this retard and laugh, all!

It is really not 'better'. People here like Morrowind because it just has more hardcore rpg elements.

imperial-library.info/content/fight-one-eating-birth-dagon

>this is canon lore

Fucking hell, Kirkbride.

What level are we on

>both the map and most of the details
Solitude is a fucking joke.

Whiterun is a fucking joke. A city with 5 stalls in the center is the "trade capital of Skyrim" all of a sudden?
Oblivion did its fair share of raping as well, mainly with king of worms, but Skyrim was entirely another level.
>UHHHHHHH WE'RE THE BLADES AND WE'RE MEANT TO SERVE THE DRAGONBORN
>BUT YOU BETTER KILL THE ONLY DRAGON THAT HELPED YOU, OR FUCK OFF AND DON'T TALK TO ME
Not to mention the whole civil war issue is just fucking bogus. You're the fucking dragonborn, why can't you just beat them both the fuck down on your authority as dragonborn? Tiber fucking Septim did it all across the whole fucking Tamriel, why not do it again across Skyrim?

>The simple act of walking around is an absolute chore
It's the best. You aren't in a rush and you aren't urged to do things like in Oblivion of Skyrim because of people running at you and magical GPS questmakers pushing you forward by the shortest way.

It's a slower pace where you get to discover tons of shit at your own rhythm. You see the world, and find one hundred billions things to do on you own. I like that. I always hated the Oblivion/Skyrim system with everything marked on the compass. It feels the game is force-feeding you shit. "Look, A cool treasure/dungeon is nearby, you gotta see that! It's cool I swear!".

I'm pretty burnt out on III, IV & V. Is Online any decent?

>Is Online any decent?
No.

Play the Witcher 3, it much better than the ones you mentioned.

Because Dunmer is the most interesting race from every single aspect. You can find the equilevant of the other races in other fantasy universes but not the Dunmer. It's history and culture is completely unique and magnificent

And dont tell me they are similiar to Dark Elves in Fantastic Realms, because I'll fucking hit you

I'm just going to say some pros over later titles and go from there:
>Loot is much funner to find, because rare shit doesn't get leveled and it's hidden all over the place instead of designated loot chest
>the game lets you learn a ton about it if you want, and there is a wealth of lore to discover
>game presents lore through the game, as compared to explicitly explaining everything in later games, with different characters and books being written in different perspectives, most notable for anything to do with the Neravarine prophecy and Dagoth Ur, requiring you to read and compare different sources to understand what's actually happening
>character building is much more compelling than Oblivion or Skyrim
>the game does not treat itself like a movie, so you could be talking to a very important person but nothing leads you on
>the setting is fully fledged and believable, you are not treated like a god for merely existing after an hour of playing, the natives are racist and xenophobic
>you can't do everything, consequences matter, and what guilds/factions you choose actually matters
>almost everything wrong with the combat can be solved with the player, there is a solution for everything from walking speed to fast travel to dice roll combat

spreading of your own ideas, inheriting technology, exploration, colonizing other lands, etc.

You have to remember that the primary objective of the Dragongaurd was to initially kill all the dragons with the aid of the dragonborn. Thats why you must kill paarthurnax, he may have helped you in the end but he himself admits he will succumb to his destructive nature. Just kill the nigga and rebuild the Blades thats the only correct decision

I liked Online.

It's an MMORPG based on the Elder Scrolls, make what you will of that.

This. Have fun with Morrowind reduced to generic stone forts.

It's WoW except 10 times worse, loosely based on TES.

>Whiterun is a fucking joke. A city with 5 stalls in the center is the "trade capital of Skyrim" all of a sudden?
That always have been a problem. In Oblivion, the imperial City is a joke, too.

"The Imperial City, Jewel of Cyrodiil. Actually probably regarded as one of the Jewel of Tamriel, too. The fucking heart of the empire, home of the White motherfucking tower, city of the cities, the biggest, the brightest, the most beautiful achievement of the Empire, an thriving ant-nest so cool!"

You get there, it end up being a rather small city with a small bunch of NPC. A handful of rich people house, a handful of poor people house, for a total of what, 50 NPC?

I can appreciate the fact they splitted the shit in district to bypass some hardware limitation, but even with tons of loading screen, it still felt pretty poor. The Market District was reasonnable but it still felt cheap. You basically have one merchant of each stuff and that's it. (well except for that quest but heh)

Fuck you, even Vivec felt way bigger.

Atleast Imperial City felt like a proper city, not to mention there were OTHER cities too, that were fairly decent sized for the time.

This is once again why Morrowind was the best one, you could actually get lost in Vivec.

I'd rather take Cities the size of the Witcher 3's Novigrad full of nameless NPC than Bethesda legoland cities with 3 house and 5 named NPC that still have nothing meaningful or interesting to say anyway.
>Do you often visit the cloud district?

Lets not exaggerate. You seem like baiting.

I wouldn't go that far. I think it's decent. The roleplaying guilds are pretty good and filled with other enthusiasts.

The PvE is pretty good actually and the PvP is passable.

>Atleast Imperial City felt like a proper city
Yeah, I can appreciate the effort but it felt more like a random city than THE FUCKING IMPERIAL CITY, BITCHES. It's the same everywhere in the game
>"By Akatosh, we need to gather the biggest motherfucking army ever to fight the deadra invasion! Go ask each count or countess of each city to send men for thius huge army!"
>Final fight is you plus 2 and a half men from each city, for a grand total of like, 15 NPC.
Nice job, guys, it really feels epic, a true army indeed. While I understand it was also due to hardware limitation, devs really should no do stuff like that if it end up being ridiculous.

>you could actually get lost in Vivec
I have probably more than one thousand hours of Morrowind, I still sometime get lost in Vivec.

I think he does make a fair point, though.

The "Morrowind Comes Alive" mod, IMO, really helps make the wilderness and cities feel more alive. Sure, they're pointless but they're more like a cosmetic, you know?

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/6006/?

cities being small isn't "lore rape", neither are any of the other things you have mentioned

get boots of blinding speed asap and never take them off

So when do we see the Nords and all of humanity rally and set conquest to these knife eared faggots? Let them join the falmer in the wonderful way of extinction.

Well, I exagerate a bit in the number when I say cities are like 3 houses and 5 NPC (Whiterune is something like 15 house, and there's like 40 NPC or so), but I really would prefer Novigrad-size cities full of homeless NPC over Solitude-sized cities. And I also really think that most Oblivion or Skyrim NPC have nothing meaniful to say. Sure, they are named, but most of the time, discussing with them don't give me more interesting or immersive shit than the one liners of the peasant in The Witcher 3, for instance.

Off topic, I just wanna bitch about how Skyrim handled thieving for a minute

>several skills needed to become an adept sneak thief, most of them non-combat
Fine so far
>leveling ANY skill will level you up, making enemies scale with you
Okay, that's still okay I guess, pure thieves shouldn't be in combat anyways
>thieves guild questline DEMANDS that you fight and kill people
Absolute horseshit, but at least you can just skip it and be an independent thief, right?
>hardly any towns to speak of, in those towns there's like five houses max, in those houses there's like 35gp max
Okay, but at least there's the easy target that is the guilds, right?
>Only one guildhall for each faction, and it's literally impossible to break into a few without joining and getting the items for free anyways
>also no fences in towns
>also the castles are pretty barren too
>also lockpicking is useless outside of dungeons and has been casuallized anyways
>also they took athletics out so no more rooftop capers
>also they took heists away, more draugr dungeons instead
>also no cool unique item like the grey cowl for beating the thieves guild questline, instead you get nothing personell 3 edgy clothing. And you have to sacrifice the skeleton key for it.
Goddamn this game is empty.

>I still sometime get lost in Vivec.
vivec that we actually got is kinda shitty compared to the open cantons from the concept art, so Mournhold > Vivec desu

>Let them join the falmer in the wonderful way of extinction
since the calcelmo's stone got translated I wonder if Bethesda has bigger plans for falmer

>theives guild.
Literally find a bunch of shit to steal and make a 1000+ gold on it.
PROTIP steal everything still you can't run then stash it.
Also another pro tip.
That is the worst guild
Assassins guild for the win

this fucker

found the witcher drone.

>Assassins guild

You don't need to be a Witcherdrone to notice how much better witcher 3 is compared to tes games.

in terms of what?
RPG mechanics?
Lore?
sure thing buddy.

TES games, not TES lore you shitter.

Everything except for dungeon-crawling and making a custom character.

What could possibly be done with the falmer? That shit sucking Paladin was the last normal living one and his mutant deformed goblin relatives butchered the rest of his soppy race. And not a single ounce of enpathy us given because those snow elves started it.

>caring about snowniggers
they are trash.

>Witcher
>good lore
As a person who read all the books, no.
>RPG
You mean you can be neutral or be slightly less neutral? Yeah, right.

Of course they are. Butchered innocent nordic women and children because they're souless sacks of shit. And the rage of Nords returned and bit them in the ass so bad that they've devolved into animal goblins. I said that paladin WAS the last falmer because I decapitated his ass right in his stupid version of Akatosh's temple.

edgy as fuck.
I bet you completed the thieves guild questline and roamed about in the midnight armor too.

>t.elfloving nigger
Skyrim is for nords and nords alone. I simply venquished a straggler that survived the Companion's crusade.

>Fuck you, even Vivec felt way bigger.
Nostalgia at its finest

Well, it felt big. This is of course a bit subjective, but I bet you got lost there too the first time.

doing my bi-yearly re-install. link me a big ass collection of mods that requires minimal effort. I like immersion, difficulty, perk changes, graphics overhauls, the good shit. thank you friend.

of skyrim

>I'm just going to post an overhead map to show what I mean without taking into account the hundreds of NPCs and different sectors within each canton, including shops, aqueducts, temples, houses, guilds, secrets, etc.
Go kill yourself, right now. Vivec was thrice the city the Imperial City in oblivion ever was. Not to mention that in tribunal, you also get to explore Almalexia, which is even more expansive and complex than even Vivec.

>skyrim is for nords alone
tell that to the reachmen.

Oh wow! 9 buildings! Just like a big city!

. . . Are you from Africa?

If you are into immersion, I suggest using Requiem overhaul, hunterborn Realistic needs and diseases, frostfall and all the others.

Its max comfy playing as a snownigger armed with a crossbow that lives life by selling meat and furs and drinking in a campfire while the auroras glitter over head.

Get out of my swap you filthy smoothskins!

Reachmen Foresworn are a bunch of autists that have hagravens as their leaders and use caveman shit for weapons. Didn't take long to exterminate them all in their hideouts.

thanks my dude, that sounds great, in I go

quick advice.
you need to install compatibility patches for all of them.

>mfw play the elder scrolls card game
>argonians are basically green and do all the ramping making large minions and shit

wtf I fucking love argonians and the hist now

>What could possibly be done with the falmer?
well they didn't just translate the stone recently for shit and giggles right? the falmer paladin says that others may have potentially survived unchanged too, and who knows what plans the dwemer had for the falmer. Maybe those plans could come to fruition in next TES

go to tesgeneral.com it has guides

>stupid version of Akatosh's temple.
its the human version that is "stupid" given that they were so bumhurt about Auriel being too elven that they did retarded rituals and made Akatosh even more crazy then he was already

the point is that nords aren't really native, the falmer lived there before the nords, and so did others too

>niggers
>god tier
gb2reddit

found the nord.

>orcs not in their own dedicated tier worse than shit
obvious bait

>Nords murdered snow elves
>haha Nord power amirite? ;)
>Elves enslave nordniggers
>OMG opressors we dinduniffin, this is our land ;(

The imperial city was way bigger from the outside also and was really at the center of the map
plus you could see it from very far kinda does the magic