Devs add a feature into the game and talk about it like it's the best thing since chocolate milk

>devs add a feature into the game and talk about it like it's the best thing since chocolate milk
>you absolutely hate it and never use it if possible
What's her name, Cred Forums?

Weapon arts

I hope you're not implying Bethesda invented VATS, son.

New archwing controls in Warframe

invasion mechanics
I'm not gonna stop what I was doing to 1v1 some retard. if someone invades me I always just ignore them.

Fable 2 dog

i hope your not implying bethesda didn't invent vats in order to recreate the originals "bodypart targeting" thing even though players can just manually target limbs anyway

I modded it to turn up the AP-regen slightly and only shot using vats.

I wanted RPG mechanics not just a terrible shooter.

Alchemie

V.A.T.S. existed in Fallout 1 and 2 of course, but Bethesda only added it in to cover up their shitty game. They "invented" it in the sense that they used the namesake for a poor mechanic.

What was even the point of the crossbow?

Wow okay you were around when FO1 and 2 were out, bravo you fucking permavirgin, here's your medal.

Everyone know Beth didn't "invent" VATS.

Wow, someone's mad.

Bringing flying enemies down.
It wasnt meant to make lots of damage.
Outside of that it was useless.

battle cards

>Katamari Forever
>Shake the controller to jump
Fuck You.
>Find out when halfway through the game there's actually a button for jumping too
DOUBLE FUCK YOU.
Fucking shaking the PS3 controller to jump is the most retarded thing ever.

I think it was useful with explosive bolts on some enemies but otherwise it's damage was ass and I never used it.

Though it does bring down flying enemies, but so does Aard

climbing in dragons dogma

It wasn't amazing, and the uses (underwater combat, flying enemies) probably could have just as well been satisfied by other solutions, but I thought the crossbow was a decent addition overall. It's at least as useful and relevant as bombs have ever been in the Witcher series.

Just like additional weapons that have been around since the first game, it's one of those things that just exists if you care to use it, but doesn't really detract from the experience of not using it.

What's worse is that Bethesda's version is watered-down compared to 1 and 2's, when you used to be able to aim for eyes and crotches.

Mad enough to respond with a "REACTION FACE XD", you mean.

>does 9 damage
>Enemies have 1000hp

It's useless.

You take that back.

Mirage Cancel in Project X Zone 2.
As a veteran of the first game, i learned quickly the timing i needed for the combos and the critical hits, so i ended up never using this mechanic that was spammed in almost every trailer. Hating it though, not really.

>Everyone know Beth didn't "invent" VATS.

kek, you're really underestimating the intelligence of bethdrones

are you the kind of guy that goes whatever DD thread pops up and says "this game is a offline mmo anyway it's shit"?

You've got to be shitting me.

>bombs
>useless

M8 try doing red/green playthrough it's awesome as fuck

so you're that guy that gives me easy souls

What even is the point of VATS? It just breaks the flow of gameplay, more than glory kills in Doom

i played the 2h sword class, the only thing I climbed was the shitty dragons to punch them in the heart and ate like 50 stamina mushroom to stay on
very fun wow

Yeah, VATS is a pretty good example.
They did, because it is simply time-stop cheat mode for a game that is boringly easy even without it, and the turn based combat for F1 and 2 was fair because every combatant was bound by it, not just the enemies.

They definitely invented that shitty thing that somehow is supposed to remind you of tactical combat.

>Splinter cell
Mark and execute
coulors fading away in stealth
Last known position ghosz

It is all shit.

>gore and mutilation is okay
>drug abuse is okay
>cannibalism is okay
>shooting someone in a crotch, nudity and killable children are no-no

Concerned soccer moms have fucked up priorities.

This fucking guy right here.
>IT JUST WORKS
>BUILD YOUR OWN TOWN
>didn't bother using it after Sanctuary

It was useless gimmick.

Hunting styles and arts in MHGen
Mounting in 4U
New weapons in general, GS forever the king baby

>very fun wow
It's okay folks. He's just a redditor with shitty opinions. Nothing to see here.

Class Halls

Cute the first time when you find a "good setting" to make a little town or fort, a pain in the ass on a second play through.

>Deadeye
>floor jump
>Super Peel Out
>cat suit
>every character that isn't the main 4 from Metal Slug
>3DS 3D

Ultimates

@352980414
Haha, you sure got me there lad, quite a (You) you made me give you! Truly I have been baited but good.

>implying their opinion matters

>i played the 2h sword class
Fell for the meme, lolling at you irl in real life.

Voice control in EndWar or whip select in that buggy sci-fi rts game by CA

It was fun, except in dlc content where killing death and final boss was jump slashing for 15 minutes

It was an attempt to placate fans of the old games who didn't want to play a shooter since the old games didn't require you to actually aim.

Explosive bolts help you drop harpies and shit from the sky. That's pretty much it.

I.e. casuals?

Jesus fuck you are mad.

More like hard core gamers.

Climbing is only useful for Assassin solely because of Dire/Dread Gouge. It's bad for every other class and Hundred Kisses is not nearly good enough to warrant going for it.

You're always better off either doing a skill/jump attack or using skills like full bend on a weak point.

The only exception to this is hitting specific spots on Ur Dragon.

>tfw Warrior is one of the best classes and better than DD:DA warrior ever was in the mmo

This so fucking much.

>Hundred Kisses is not nearly good enough to warrant going for it.

Yes it is. The best way to kill chimera and wargs is to walk up to them, grab onto their faces, and start kissing. Gore cyclops are a breeze to take down if you can kiss their eye.

just archwang in general desu

achievements

I hope DDO gets a western release. The Alchemist class looked cool as fuck

>Didn't even know about VATS until most of the way through Fallout 3
Anyone else?

>Absolutions point shooting

that's never going to happen user

>plays class that should stay on the ground
>wow I climb and do literally nothing
Moron.

The cat suit was OP as fuck in 3D world I don't know why you wouldn't use it

Multiplayer in World of Warcraft

It's shoved in your face in the vault tutorial.

you literally had to climb on the dragons in the dlc because they just stayed in the air floating out of reach

>not slashing a monsters weak point with hundred kisses and then finishing it off with Brain Splitter
>not playing as Strider or even Magic Archer
Your opinions are quite shit, user.

That's what Pawns are for, moron.

Are you mentally retarded? or is this just bait?

Wtf do you do? Not level your weapon?

too bad all the pawns sucked dick when i was playing

Every copypasta event on Maplestory ever while the game is still unplayable due to outdated content and glitches. Hell most of the game now no joke level scale with you. How about this as an event: We finally decided to take the next six month to balance the content and fix all of those bugs!

Batmobile in Arkham Knight.

Never use it outside of missions that specifically require it, but 99% of the pre-release marketing for the game was bigging it up.

Speedrun all my chores and go back to playing the rest of the game.

I always used VATS because enemies were bulletsponges and aiming was dumb

Only bullet sponges if your build sucks dick or you're underlevelled

>god of war counter
>fast and strong sweep thats just perfect
>god of war 2 counter
>retardedly slow and cant follow it up with a combo

It said you could press the button during the tutorial retard.

Cover function. Turns every gunfight into whack-a-mole and i never use it.
It sucks especially hard in Red Orchestra 2.

Not just that but wasn't it impossible to choose where to hit with melee in vats?

Not as bad with mods to remove bethesda artificial limitations but still ultimately pointless unless you're just trying to build a house for yourself, the settlement aspect was annoying.

Do people actually use cover in RO2

Probably not. The only time it comes handy is when you have to blind fire over an obstacle or around a corner.

>Not just that but wasn't it impossible to choose where to hit with melee in vats?
Correct, forgot about that.

>Doing all these things that is just for fluff when using blast arrows and fivefold bend will wreck shit faster
Ranger and Assassin does the job better with their skills.
Strider is only good for climbing fast and Dire Gouge > Hundred Kisses by a landslide.

>Actually suggesting Magic Archer, the most boring class in the game that can't even do any real good damage compared to a Ranger
You're either bad at the game or you like to pretend the game is balanced in a way where most things are useful.

>first time playing fallout 3
>using V.A.T.S.
>have to get within 5 feet of enemy to get 85-90% chances to hit
>have high perception and agility
>keep missing 95% chance shots 3 or 4 times in a row
>play through the game because i love the atmosphere despite the retarded plot
>beat it, some time goes by, play it again
>decide to treat it like a shooter and use V.A.T.S. as little as possible
>easily kill enemies from safer distances
>game instantly become twice as enjoyable

I'm sure plenty of people out there had a similar experience.

>Magic Archer, the most boring class in the game that can't even do any real good
What? Not him but MA is an easy way to beat Bitterblack Isle.

Dealing with those annoying flying harpies and siren women, especially when collecting loot out in the water. Also great for killing drowners in the ocean.

it's just another elder scrolls game, you tend to play towards sneak/sniper to make your lfie easier instead of sneak/archery because the combat' ass and bullet/damage sponges are tedious to deal with

Oblivion was my first scrolls game, I completely gravitated towards a sneak build with poisoned arrows.

>game becomes easier without V.A.T.S
were you playing the same game I was? FO3 became insanely easy BECAUSE of vats

It would be nice if they removed the OP sneak bonuses for the next game.

No
VATS is basically a get out of jail free card against melee attackers and monsters because you were invulnerable for the whole time you're in it. Just shoot at everything normally until they're in your face, then VATS the 95% face and get free shots off

>Cred Forums legitimately thinks JRPG players are more hardcore than FPS players
lmao how hardcore can grinding honestly be?

just let sneak bonuses as is just for melee, or remove sneak entirely, it's never been done right in TES games

Given the current trend at beth though, sneak is probably gonna be gone along with even more skills and I might regret ever saying this

Wow legendaries.
Yes. From the start.

The Fulton System.

>GTA V hypes up all these every day activities you can do outside of story missions like yoga, golf, tennis etc.
>almost never bother with any of it because it's all fucking boring

Why can't they just give me activities and side missions that are actually fun, and relate to being a criminal.

The voicechat function in Binary Domain.

It was just so much simpler and easier to do it the old way rather than yelling at the game.

Good game, though.

>they ditched vigilante, paramedic and firefighter missions
>put golf in instead
why?

Apparently because doing those missions aren't 'appropriate' for the characters we got. What the fuck kind of excuse is that, I don't even know.

This is exactly what I did when I stopped using V.A.T.S. The few times a melee enemy would get close enough, I'd 95% him/her in the face, but the rest of the game I played manually aiming. Since most encounters happened at mid range, I found it easier to just shoot an enemy until they died, than go into V.A.T.S., search for a decent target like a 48% chance on a right leg at 20 feet, and then miss like 10 times in a row.

Iron sights. They do nothing to enhance accuracy and massively slow down gameplay.

Lol