SMT Thread

Asahi is for marriage!

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/08/03/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypses-dlc-schedule-revealed/
youtu.be/XUhVCoTsBaM
youtu.be/qt4bd1OaHTQ
mangahere.co/manga/shin_megami_tensei_iv_demonic_gene/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3nIH7E9Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=iDpEb7xdnG4
youtube.com/watch?v=CkcBhlUkwYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>image.jpg
>autistic waifufagging
Apocalypse was a mistake.

Nah

Dagda was right

Kill them all

who the fuck that smt needed a wacky mascot character?

Strange Journey was the last good SMT game.

It already had like three before him. It's just a fun bit of juxtaposition with all the grimdark, what's your issue?

Fuck off to your persona and doa threads.

Those apps that let you fuze demons above your level is OP.

Seriously, I kinda regret buying enough to get +6 fusion. They should have been expensive as fuck and/or not available till later in the game.

Navare is fine though?

dont you ever fucking say that again

Navare really is just perfectly fine though.

Navarre is best girl.

Navarre is best boy

> the moment you go back to Mikado and Navarre finds out his dad basically disowned him

I find it hilarious how much the game is shitting on Asahi.
It is like it knows that she doesn't belong in this game.
I mean look at this you can't make this shit up.

her hat makes her look like a literal retard

her hat is adorable

I thought waifufaggotry was reserved strictly for Persona.

What's going on?

permavirgins killing yet another franchise is going on.

Why was Navarre being hunted down? Smt iv never mentioned that, or I missed it.

ITT: retards that forget SMT I and II had heroines too

Let me guess, your first SMT was Nocturne,you had troubles with Matador and if it has a happy ending it's not SMT for you.

user, the series has had waifus from SMT1

>implying anyone in this thread played a single game but 3, 4, 4A, and maybe SJ or DeSu.

funny thing is that even IV had Isabeau and Hikaru

Well chaos in smt 2 seemed happy
And besides calling hiroko a waifu seems off since she is your mother

He was against the angel's plans to abolish the caste system

Nobody gave a shit about the waifus from earlier games, most waifufaggots were demonfuckers.

>smt threads turned into best girl threads
Thank you, SMTSONA

>Died by tripping and drowning in a river because his pants were down since he was fapping to a cute girl bathing
>Is now a warrior of justice

Navarre is literally the best, you filthy Casualry.

>implying mothers can't be waifus
Besides you are not supposed to know that until later in the game.

>implying people didn't go Chaos for that Yuriko back in the day

Having girls in it doesnt mean their """waifus""". Neckbeard pandering sluts that doesnt fit into the game at all like Asahi are.

Who's the one with cross

Demonfuckers still exist, they're busy fapping to Mermaid and Inanna when not looking at Toki or Pascal the Imouto

Beth
SMT II

>This thread
I expected more of you people don't you guys know?
Every fanbase is cancer.
It doesn't matter if you are a beta waifu fagging permavirgin or an edgy fedora wearing neckbeard in the end everyone is just terrible.
So there is no need to fight over who is worse, because everyone and every fanbase is just absolute garbage.

>Implying you could fuck Yuriko in SMT

Actually play the game you dumb waifushitters

You don't fuck anyone in any SMT game as far as I know so I am not sure what you are trying to say.
Not the same guy though.

>Implying you could fuck Yuriko in SMT
So? Show me a SMT game were you get to fuck a girl.

>Actually play the game you dumb waifushitters
I already played SMT I 3 times, probably more than you ever did, shitter

Thanks

well Cred Forums?

>smt4
>meet hikaru for the first time
>"I don't know where """"she"""" is, but I know a place where there's a lot of books!"
She's obviously the black samurai isn't she

>this is what shin Megan tense has become

Is this thread the start of SMT fandoms decline?

kek.

meh, its always like this when a SMT game releases, when threads die ill just chill in /smtg/

persona ruined the SMT franchise

I say this as a persona fan

Asahi should have died 20 minutes in
Nozomi should have gone full Jimenez
Toki should have never taken off the mask

Look at how much fan art of them there is. That should be your answer, they had roles in the story, especially Hiroko, beyond obvious waifu pandering.

Also, SMT I and II did not really have happy endings, they were pretty gray.

WHY IS THE NEUTRAL ROUTE IN SMTIV SUCH A CHORE

>play through without any guides
>saved before last alignment decision, made a choice and got chaos ending
>wondered if I could get the law ending if I made the other choice since I was really inbetween throughout the game
>got Neutral locked
>it's 4000x longer than the Chaos ending was and it's all tedious sidequest bullshit through an un-labeled tokyo as if they expect me to know where everything is

I'm tempted to just watch the ending on youtube like I did for the law and bad endings because this is some bullshit.

Who the fuck thought making the bad ending and the Law ending the same thing was a good idea? Made me glad I wasn't a lawfag

:^)

Navarre was okay in SMTIV and great in Apocalypse man

SMT IV and IVA are literally remakes of I and II.

No, you're literally a retard.

>Tfw Law ending is WAY WORSE than the Bad ending because in the Law Ending, tons of people survive to be enslaved and brainwashed by Angels

IV and IVA are though, what are you on about. Right down to the protag of the 1st game being heralded as a great man in the 2nd game, and YHVH being the final boss.

>Walter = Chaos Hero
>Jonathan = Law Hero
>Neutral ending leads to a sequel
>Sequel features the reincarnation of the real Messiah
>YHV ending

its literally the same shit. Walter and Jonathan even reference the original heroes with their names and their hairstyles.

only thing they did was add Samurais, the Divine Powers and Dagda

>one similarity
>literally remakes

Besides the fact that IVA goes off an alternate timeline, you meet Flynn in IVA instead of it being years later, and other games having avatars of YHVH?

Outside of YHVH, II and IVA's plot is completely different.

Any DLC I should look into for SMT4?

I killed all my friends and Dagda resurrected Asahi to be a goddess

dissapointed there was no special dialogue or cutscene, I would have expected her to have questions unless like Flynn she isn't her normal self anymore

Cleopatra and Mephisto can only be gotten from DLC.
Cleo is pretty hard though, so you might want the grinding DLC to beat her.

There's also the fanservice Steven fight that features all the previous SMT protags. But I can't imagine beating that one without the grinding DLC.

If you're a pirate there's a .cia of all the DLC, including stuff that hasn't released yet. Otherwise you're going to have to waif for the good stuff.

Archangel, Sanat, Ancient of Days, and Masakado are the best ones DLC on IV. Optional ones are macca and level grind DLC, if you're into that.

>SMT4
>Cleopatra and Mephisto

I don't know If I should blame you for your reading comprehension or blame ATLUS for naming the new game SMTIV:A

the Clipped Wings DLC, the Masakado DLC, Ancient of Days DLC, something something Son DLC, and I think there's one more I'm not forgetting that are all Story DLC that should have been in the main fucking game to begin with, so feel free to pirate those

If you can't pirate and want to not spend too much money on paying then I would say the Maskado DLC (I think it's called "For the Past...For the Future") is the real MUST HAVE of that list, since it is a really important part of the story and will help Apocalypse make more sense. Only tackle the DLCs after you beat the game though.

The rest of the DLC are either item DLC (not really necessary) or DLC to make grinding easier, which I wouldn't say is necessary but that money grinding one was helpful when making a fuckton of Fusions all at once.

Why did Lucifer have to turn back after fusing with Walter, makes Walter's sacrifice seem like such a waste if he can't stay in that form

what is the game even about? IV ended on a pretty conclusive note with all three endings

I'd understand if they made a prequel for Flynn's previous incarnation but this one's a sequel?

>Toki should have never taken off the mask

"What's good gear for an assassin? I know! A giant-ass piece of headwear that completely destroys peripheral vision. That's the ticket!"

Starts off from the beginning of Flynn's Neutral Route from the perspective of an entirely new character

but why?

Why not?
Money.

but that's what P5 is for

Money grinding DLC. You'll be fusing a lot and fusing on the higher levels uses up a LOT of macca.

Because Flynn on his own is a loser who can't save the world.

he did though but then this game got announced

Well the entire game is mostly reused assets, so they didn't need to do much

Luckily, the game improves upon the gameplay quite a bit.

]This is the new Minotaur by the way.
Still haven't beat him.

Are we talking about his army of demons helping him, or his monkey-fujoshi assistant Isabeau?

Make a Patrimpas, preferably with Zionga

I was told to do this before, but I went through all the demons I had and couldn't seem to find him.

I used a Hathor with Zionga
luckily he didn't use that many phys attack.

I NEED TOKI

wow that's gay

the SMTIV minotaur was probably the best he's looked in the series

The snake gourd thing can fuse with something to make it, I forget what it was though
Mermaid maybe?

Oh no, I just meant that he's a real bitch of a boss and impedes the players progress.

Minotaur is ded in Apocalypse, but I think you can fuse him.

for real? I beat it on the first try
King Frost on the other side...

I fucked up King Frost since I fused some ice resistant demons with Agi and had an angel that removed smirks.

I'm also playing on War if that makes things worse.

Fuck King Frost.
I swear his King Bufula attack is complete horseshit. Granted, I could be underleveled but grinding in the Fairy Forest is a nightmare because demons keep Zan-ing my demons away and I have to keep looking for them.

I'm still having a great time and get giddy every time I get to boot the game up

A series where you kill the waifus?

just beat YHVH and got the bonds ending, ask me anything

>bonds

I want to BULLY Pascal until she cries!

>bonds
Are you homosexual?

There's a Magic Mirror like two rooms away from him
Use it after he smile charges

>mfw fighting crippled man on Apocalypse difficulty
I didn't deserved that rape.

I wasn't prepared for it either.

i'm still early in the game but does Dagda know who or what Stephen is ? he went "..." when he met Stephen. are they both neutral ? coz i have no idea what side is this Dagda dude on

fuck off narukami

but he said he's NOT a demon

HIKARU IS CUTE

>persona, the spinoff that now has basically no ties to SMT, ruined it
>not Shilltendo
The series is fine my dude

He just needs to make sure he was right to trust humanity.

He transcended humanity like Nanashi does and says so in the main story.

So does it explain why the other SMT protagonist's are there? I assume Demi-Fiend was sent by Lucifer to fuck shit up.

aw shit so now we know what's the deal with him, k inda wish he stayed mysterious forever

what about the other protags coming back to punch him?

why does he ride around in a wheelchair when hes able to stand up

>Entirely new

Nah, the other protagonists (including Flynn) come from timelines where they fucked up and died.

Who voices God, Satan, and Inanna?

In the Diamond Realm, its all protags that died.

Hero died to the ICBM attack.
Aleph died to Megiddo Ark.
Demi-fiend is pic related.
Flynn died because he went Law and got devoured by the Great Abaddon.

Thanks user.
My only issue is I have a demon weak to ice and that really is ruining me.
Gotta fuse some new demons

I didn't really pay attention to the credits, sorry

I also played it undubbed

>Bonds

Did any girls win the Nanashibowl?

If you can't dick any, i'm going full Anarchy first playthrough.

What botherse that I have to wing-man Anthony to try to get demon candy hole, man up and talk to them, they mighy give you life stones.

What is Satan weak to?

>Lawfag scum

So he was going down TDE anyway? Neat

Neat. As far as pandering DLC goes, this is alright.

Atlus really went out of their way to make sure player's knew that SMT4's Law ending was the wrong choice. Why is the company run by Neutral Fags? Is it because Japan is a Lawfag country?

nothing, he resists physical and gun and absorbs hama, mudo and fire

I had a magic oriented hero, so I spammed concentrate+any -dyne magic while buffing and debuffing with luster candy and debilitate

same strategy worked for YHVH

Yes. The most decent Law ending is in Devil Survivor.

YHVH resists gun?

>Law end
>Bad
I wish this meme would end.

The demons had tainted Tokyo beyond all recognition. Mikado was still salvageable despite Yuriko's bullshit. Cleansing the taint let humanity get a fresh start free. It's the only ending that leaves humanity unambiguously happy and safe.

YHVH resists everything but you can use an attack with flynn that creates weaknesses

Does anyone know when that Realm of Diamond DLC comes out?

Officially it comes out October 11th.

October 10.

siliconera.com/2016/08/03/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypses-dlc-schedule-revealed/

Like mid october.
It's already out if you're a pirate.

wait what ICBM attack
I don't know about Aleph
he died against Lucifer?
but is filling the chalice

I've been thinking about getting this but am worried that I am retarded and don't know if it actually looks good or not. Please help.

Also, does anyone have any of the Kazuma Kaneko Art Books? It's like $100 AUD but I really want to buy the third one because I think it's mostly Nocturne focused, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Law and White aren't the same ending

In Law, only Tokyo gets wiped out by the black hole or whatever, with Mikado left to be ruled by angels

In White, everything ever dies. Nothing exists anymore.

WAIFUISM WILL CONQUER THE EARTH!

Don't buy that shirt, user. Use whatever money you would have put towards it to the art books.

You mean brainwashed and stupid. I'd rather be dead that a mindless slave.

What do you get from the Realm of Diamond DLC anyway? If I can't use the SMT protagonist's in my party I'll be upset

I have a keychain of those

After the Stephen fight do the other protagonists he summoned die again, or do they get any kind of reward?

>what ICBM attack
In SMT1, Thorman/Thor launches nukes to destroy the Earth. Normally Hero survives this but this version of him died to that attack.

But then Apocalypse comes around and portrays Merkabah and Lucifer as cruel tyrants who want to enslave humanity instead of keeping them happy and save. I think IV's Universe is more focused on societal good than the greater good.

It's hard to judge. I'd argue against a world where stepping out of line and reading a book meant angels came to execute you

>february
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DUMB HAT GIRL? PERSONA RUINED SMT

>september
>ASAHI A CUTE! A CUTE!

What went wrong?

Why the fuck does it matter if you are stupid/brainwashed so long as you're happy? Happiness is the end goal of existence anyway.

Like, SJ Law was my favorite ending yet everyone shits on it because "muh freedom" despite being the happiest ending.

I haven't finished it yet, but

>If I can't use the SMT protagonist's in my party I'll be upset

You get to control all four of them during the Stephen fight as a separate party.

Turn order is: Nanashi -> Stephen -> Protags -> Stephen -> Repeat

Not to mention if you just happened to be born in Tokyo then you're filth and not worthy of life according to lawfags.

That's really all they ever were, user. The gods in SMT IV are all just projecting their own desire onto humanity and using that to say that they're fulfilling humanity's desires and are the good guy.

Do you know if Demi-Fiend's skill is written Riot Gun or Freikugel in the DLC?

Is it ever explained why demons have such a boner for Tokyo in the SMT-verse?

>this version

ok everything makes sense now

so that means those guys weren't the ones that beat their games

Which protagonist has the best skills?

Freikugel. Hits like a truck when he smirks. When I used it, he hit for 10,100. I'll go and take some screenshots in a moment.

Navarre is fucking amazing in Final, though.
>USES BUFFs, unlike retards
>Brings Doping, and Debilitate to the table at later levels
>Can get you lots of Armor Boost Kits

It's implied literally everywhere else on the planet was destroyed.

>Killing people with forbidden knowledge that will threaten utopia is bad
They'll reincarnate anyway, what's the problem?

I know, but why nearly always Tokyo? I know that the devs themselves are probably just working with what they know best, but have they ever tried to justify it in-game?

If YHVH lets them that is.

Got to make sure there's no chance of a rebellion by removing all knowledge of a life outside of YHVH's influence

On one hand, it's a complete totalitarian dictatorship

On the other, if you be a good little lawfag, you'll be kept safe and demons wont tear you a new one.

hell why did books turn people into demons

how comes Isabeau didn't turn into some kind fujoshi demon

if SJ is any indication then stuff might also be happening in other places, SMT just happens to be focused on the ones in Tokyo

At this point it's just tradition. Hell, I think they said they couldn't consider Strange Journey mainline since it wasn't in Tokyo

Who is he talking about?

god fucking THEY HAVE THE SAME SCAR AS NANASHI IT'S SO OBVIOUS

>Start SMTIV
>"Go get some demons"
>fail random persuasion check
>get OHKOd
Oh ok

SMT 1 Hero.

Hero.

I thought that the devs wanted to make SMT take place in different locations, but the conservative members of Atlus prefer the idea of high school student wandering around Post Apocalyptic Tokyo fighting demons.

no shit? people were pointing that out since his first appearance

>Soul so wicked it is permanently bent on uprooting utopia and killing God in a dick waving contest attempt
Doesn't seem unreasonable to turn off reincarnation for them. All the problems with Law only crop up if you go out of your way to disobey order and purposefully make things worse.

Could you take an image of the protagonist's skills?

What? Hero can't reincarnate? Does anything good ever happen to him?

>Does anything good ever happen to him?
Nope.

I assume you meant to quote someone else, but I am working on it. If you fail in the DLC, you have to start over so I'm going through it now.

>Charmed demons just go straight for my dick and join me immediately
This changes EVERYTHING

Is this brought up in IV:A

I wasn't browsing SMT threads at the time the game was announced, and I hadn't seen Akira's portraits in years.

I'm slow please don't bully me

Steven's the Superboss, yeah? You don't need that level cap raising DLC to stand a chance, right?

But isn't it usually the other way around in real life: Humans projecting their own desires on to gods/goddess and saying that the deity is fulfilling humanity's desire?

Made pretty clear early on you are Akira's reincarnation. You have dreams from his perspective from the start

She turned out to have a personality.

Personally I decided she wasn't so bad when after seeing Nikkari, Manabu and Nanashi killed in front of her eyes her first instinct was to grab Nikkari's phone and try to use it to fight.

>he wasn't here when the DLC screenshots started popping out

>You don't need that level cap raising DLC to stand a chance, right?
You pretty much need either the level cap raising, or the incense grinding one to win. Ideally both.

Steven will oneshot your demons with almost every attack unless you buff their HP up to extreme levels.

Jesus fuck that sounds like tons of fun.
I've been waiting years for a fight like this against that Hawkings-esque motherfucker

When do I get Toki? Just beat Shesha, what a cakewalk, just used phys repel skill and raped him to death.

Where can they even go with SMTV from here? We can fight fucking wheelchairman, how can they even top that?

When you need to go to Tsukiji Hongangji (Gaea base).
She jumps in and out of your party for a while though, but then again so does everyone.

Bring it to a home console.
I just want a new PS2-like golden age that I know won't happen.

Next time steven's gonna use his own demons.
All of them are the next game's ultimates, and they're all new.
That or just fighting Nanashi with Flynn or something since they're both broken as fuck.

>P5 uses demons instead of slimy blobs

you gotta have more faith chum

>teen trying to make the best out of a bad situation can''t reincarnate because fuck you
>child that literally killed you gets to live infinite lives
That's bullshit.

Hero should've gone Law, Law Hero was such a bro too

It's really pretty damn hilarious just how bad Hero gets it

infinite shitty lives though

what's worse, dying once or suffering forever?

Law hero got mind-fucked the moment he died the 2nd or 3rd time. Then the angels got to him and he just gave up on his gf, that was the breaking point.
Chaos Hero was always a shitter though.
Yuriko best girl ;-;.

Infinite lives of pain and suffering, though.

Some bad news guys. A transformer exploded so I have no power. Their estimated time to fix it is 2 PM and it is currently 10:58 AM. I can't get the screenshots for you guys.

nothing like a power outage to start your day with

>20+ years of living chill life with no memories vs being dead forever

Is she from SMT Apocalypse? Is she cuddleable

I'm glad the game spared no expense shitting on Asahi every chance it could get.

Shes killable

>dying horribly for an eternity vs being dead forever

it's not like you can feel anything once you're perma-ded

if anything not being able to reincarnate is Hero's big break

Why is Toki so cute?

But Aleph doesn't remember shit until the very last moments. He gets to enjoy 20+ years an infinite number of times.
I'd take that over being dead forever.

>YHVH gets killed
>Aleph is free until YHVH restores itself
>YHVH gets killed
>Hero is still dead

It doesn't have to top it in wackiness.

Just make a new Summoner game, preferably Raidou.

Fucking love his demon form though

CH still went out of his way to help Hero escape Yama's prison.
He might be a dick with an inferiority complex, but he's still Hero's friend.

Asahiposting will never be as good as hoyposting.

Didn't he do that more just to kill Yama, with you as a nice bonus?
Or maybe he fugged off when you killed Yama yourself, I can't quite remember.
He tries to kill you regardless later on though, just because you don't side with him. I don't quite remember if Law hero ever has the balls to do that.

>Next SMT will have even more anime shenanigan
>people are already having waifu in a SMT game
>the plan to make SMT popular like persona will soon be completed

Soon edgy SMT fags will be weeded out of existence. Thank you atlus

that sounds like something a whitefag would say.

Shin Megami Tensei V

Some 50-odd years after the world was engulfed in nuclear hellfire trying to counter the sudden appearance of demons, you play as a young man living in what was once the eastern United States. You eke out a living in a ruined city with the rest of humanity, hiding from the demons that scour the surface, left an orphan after your father left for the west some ten years ago, obsessed with the legend of what he believed was a sanctuary free of demons somewhere in California. You haven't heard from him in all that time and believe he's dead, but one day you receive a message from his cell phone number, a set of coordinates pinpointing a location in California, a short message that references a Garden of Eden,and an attached app download called a "Demon Summoning Program" that lets you recruit demons to battle the ones that would devour you. The app curiously already has a demon attached, a silent soldier by the name of Pilate.

The app spreads like wildfire through your community as people begin to celebrate the arrival of a weapon against demons, but you are left mystified by the so-called Eden in the message, and decide to seek it out. Joined by a few friends interested in Eden for their own reasons you strike out west, determined to make your way through the ruined, demonic United States as you journey westward in search of a sanctuary for humanity, and answers regarding the strange demon that accompanies you.

Coming 2019 for The Nintendo NX

Shinto Gods. They're the reason Japan wasn't completely wiped out in I during the nuclear war.

>Mainline numbered game
>Taking place outside Tokyo

>l-I got myself a girlfriend now!
>I'm super strong too!
CH was cute, but he always felt inferior to Hero.

>Law hero ever has the balls to do that.
LH was too much of a bro to do that. Plus he owed Hero, he stole stole his childhood friend's virginity.

ive been making waifus in smt way before persona even existed you self-shooting prick edgier prick

Because the last game didn't take place in Japan didn't sell to expectation

Fuck you, Law was way better than Chaos.

Damn shame, I liked SJ's gang of international ass kickers.

People have shit taste, SJ was fantastic and the cast was a great change of pace from SUGOI HIGHSCHOOLERS

>Armor Boost Kit costs 1 million macca
What the fuck does it even do?

Guys i want to play the first SMT ehat version should i play?

Nothing that is worth that much when you find fucking dozens just using Navarre

It increases the defense of a piece of armor or some such, so naturally they're going to be invaluable for whatever the best armor is in the game for Stephen.

I recall hearing the same. I forget where I read it, but one of the devs said he actually thinks SMT taking place in somewhere other than Tokyo would be really cool to do.

There's a defense stat? I thought your hp only goes up whenever you equip an armor.

> awakened nanashi
> in war difficulty
> new game+

WRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Don't forget PC/STEAM

Mustards please leave

I thought Asahi was for drinking.

>not Tokyo

I think you're confusing your V for SJ2

I hope Kaneko makes a return to stop this faggotty from plaguing the series any further. The new waifushit dudes on the Dev team should off themselves. Maybe someday we will even get the original concept for smt 1 where it starts in Tokyo then ends in Israel. This will only be possible with Kaneko because he isn't an ignorant nationalist.

where can i find the rest of the samurai outfits
i only have the jacket part from the whole sneak into mikado mission

>+6
You guys would love SMT II.

Kaneko actually approves all of that

>insulting best partner

filthy Casualry

I'm going to keep mermad the whole game

Members-only club in Ginza has the "superior" version. The prices are ridiculous though.

How significant is the upgrade? I stumbled onto one when I lucked out having Navarre charged for a stupid wall.

smt will never have designs this good ever again

Not necessarily. Have you seen the unused concept art for this game? Some of it is legit on par with kaneko in design but its all unused because everything has to look like persona now.

Which one is worse?
Isabeau or Asahi

Yeah, I had more trouble with King Frost because I didn't have stat boosting skills yet when I first fought him.
Canoe-Twink took awhile, but only one try.

>Tfw when you find that perfect grind spot and get like 10 levels over the mobs

what members only club?

You literally ripped a bunch of this shit from Fallout.

Asahi by a landslide. Isabeau was at least reserved. Where this dumb underage bitch is oozing with "kawaii uguu" shit. All the girls in this game suck. Toki is no better. Nozomi is meh too.

You need the black card in order to access the wares of the shop.

Make Fallout New Vegas: Demons in Tokyo edition

How does the diamond realm portray the protagonists of the previous games? Are they bland for the most part or are they distinct, like Demi-fiend being edgy and shit?

>he's not a VIP member of the secret club

kek

They get to load their last save.

says the one who looks like a clown

>AWAKENED

what did they mean by this?

So, gathering the facts that all of the past protags meet with Nanashi in SMT4A, and the fact that the japanese name is quite literally FINAL, that doesn't mean this is the last SMT game, is it?

ayayayaaaaaa

So is there a way to go give the fish hook that Issachar gives you to Flynn before he becomes your Godslayer?

What Fallout? I only played the first two and 4

SMT I was waifushit.

I've been getting mixed messages so I decided to come consult the experts. Trump says he's the "Law and Order Candidate", Hillary says he's the "Chaos Candidate". Which one is it?

>Not liking Toki

Massive faggot detected.

Well, California and Garden of Eden (Creation Kit), so I'm going with 1 and 2.

youtu.be/XUhVCoTsBaM

He's more like Chaos, he prefers enforcing his personal notion of law and order through force and bribery.

>faggot calling me while en route to the afterlife
>ignore him
>GAME OVER
Amazing.

Hillary is Lawful Evil, Trump is True Neutral or Neutral Evil

The gennwunners of SMT are amazing, keep it going boyz

Tbh with you that never even crossed my mind. I was drawing more from Grapes of Wrath and the depiction of California as a sanctuary from the shithole of dustbowl Americs.

That would be pretty cool, but no way Japs are going to commit financial suicide with SMTV by doing that. Strange Journey sold like shit and it was only in Antarctica.

>Chaos Candidate
youtu.be/qt4bd1OaHTQ

That shit only happens like one out of every ten times for me

>thinking Nozomi isn't worst girl

SHIT BANANACAKES LMAO! XD DID I MENTION I'M THE FAIRY QUEEN AND I USED TO BE A PHOTOGRAPHER YET?!

Where do I find it, I got the black card a while ago

Asahi is cute. CUTE!

>trusting angel opinions on anything

Betatron pls leave

i got the black card. where is the members club

Are SMT 1 and 2 worth playing or are they dated?

Ginza, upper-left corner of the map.

Thanks mang

Sure. A guide is kidna recommended because the games can glitch on you

>and the fact that the japanese name is quite literally FINAL, that doesn't mean this is the last SMT game, is it?
No but it's probably the last SMTIV game.

Absolutely. I still replay them and have a blast. Hint: Zio skills are your best buddy in SMT I.

You say that like those things are mutually exclusive. They're dated and broken as all shit, but they're also well worth playing.
And you might want to check a couple of things in advance, like how the alignment system works, because the game itself doesn't explain shit.

>Multi/all-hit swords and guns for everyone
>Each one inflicting a different incapacitating status effect
Breaking SMT I and II was hilariously good fun.

Where am I supposed to find the money for this shit?

They finally fixed the transformer and restored power to the area. If the anons that wanted the protag skills are still in here, I'm working on taking the screenshots now.

Mainly the macca grind DLC, but if you don't have it, farming relics on Ginza, Tennozu, Toyusu, and Minami Sunamichi is your best bet.

Really shitty of them to encourage the DLC by making prices so high. Guess I'll just stick with the stuff I got right now, not like the armor at that shop is so good that it justifies hours of grinding.

yes please

Ghost_trick.jpg

The Superior Samurai Suit is worth every macca though. Getting all those elemental resistance really helps fighting those cheap ass end-game bosses.

I got bored of SMT 4 like 3 years ago and went with the white ending. Should I go through the Law ending to see what Flynn's talking about in the pics above, or should I do neutral to understand when this game takes place better?

Can you fuse mitamas to give demons certain skills and upgrade certain stats like DeSu or was it a DeSu only thing like the build in fusion calculator?

Wait, you don't get the chalice unless you are lock in neutral, that means this flynn was actually neutral.

Nobody even cared who she was until she took off the mask though.

It's been a long time since I played the first IV and I've not been to Mikado in Apocalypse, was this that senior Samurai commander that was your mentor?

Yes. This happens in the Epidemic in Mikado DLC.

No in the original version he was a lawfag they changed it

>anniversary chapter ft. Hero, Aleph, Demi-Fiend and Flynn
>beach episode
>zombie apocalypse

what cliche will SMT tackle next?

Next SMT should have mindfuck Flynn as bonus boss. Fucker has transcended humanity and can interact with the Amala Network, which means he can go to any universe.

Got the screenshots, just trying to actually beat Stephen now.

minotaur´s meat looks kinda yummy

Is the egg the final dungeon or is there another afterward?

You are not even in the finale.

There is another.

Shit, here I was doing all the sidequests before tackling it thinking I was close to the end, is level 81 a little high for the egg?

Thats White Flynn though, he's too much of a bitch to be a boss

Just because he went white doesn't mean he is now a bitch, he has insane powers and can personally fuck with different universes.

are the mangos good?

Musical in a high school setting.

Flynn is the local All-American jock that all the girls love, but is a dick to non-athletes.

Nanashi is the leader of a gang of punks that gets no respect from anyone but scum and responds by acting out but secretly desires acceptance. Dagda is an ancient god of nature that lives in Nanashi's head and desires to wipe out reality and create a new world without the existence and interference of the gods who ruined this universe.

Nanashi and Flynn are rivals that get in lots of fights but learn to cooperate as they're forced to join the theater club and put on a musical as the opposing leads, and find out they have a lot in common.

Walter and Jonathan are a gearhead and bookish class president that are Flynn's best friends and butt heads over everything. Isabeau is Flynn's ex that broke up with him over the summer because he's a dick but still has feelings for him. She runs the theater club.

Asahi is a straight-A student that secretly admires Nanashi and wishes to be more like him, and joins the theater club to get close to him. Nozomi is the teacher that oversees the theater club. Gaston is the former club star that snubs his older brother Navarre, who got kicked out of the club for peeping on girls while they changed clothes. Toki is from a rival gang that transfers schools to spy on Nanashi and winds up stalking him instead.

YHWH is the school district superintendent and is planning to defund the theater group due to a grudge he holds against an alumnus of the school that was once the star of the club. Principal Krishna takes over the club by force and makes them put on an extremely difficult and dangerous musical to attract widespread praise and keep the club going. But he doesn't care about the art or the club members, he just wants to get back at the superintendent.

Stephen is the student counselor and is the one that advises Isabeau to put Flynn and Nanashi in the musical.

Dunno, judge yourself
>mangahere.co/manga/shin_megami_tensei_iv_demonic_gene/
But nobody has Johnathan's manga.

Stephen? As in... Stephen Hawking?

yes and he's not a demon

Beat Stephen. The only reward appears to be EXP and database entries on the Protags and Stephen.

Working on putting each Protag's skills into one image apiece.

Hero's skills.

where do you get the black card?

I like how Dagda is almost literally the same in that scenario as he is in the game.

Aleph's skills.

It's the reward for the "Guard of Midtown" Sidequest, I forget which level you get it at though.

Demi-fiend's skills.

This is supposed to be the definitive end of the SMT franchise, right? At least for a long time, right?

That's why the gave us all these fan service with the Stephen fight and returnign all the previous protagonists, right?

Flynn's skills.

>smile charge

I doubt its canon, its just a fun little off shoot.

Please tell me SJ Guy is a vending machine

all that shit and you somehow missed homeslice

>Freikugel - Smirking: 2x damge
Why is Demi-fiend so OP?

SJ guy? Literally who?

Because hs still holds the titles f the ultimate bonus boss
>youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3nIH7E9Z0

the Doomguy of SMT

Please tell me I somehow get demi's skills once I do the DLC.
Or at least get his sick glowing tats as a outfit.

He's not in the game Japan hates his game

Does that DLC even give any rewards? It just seems like such a pain in the ass.

Null: All is a hell of a drug

Where do you get these fellows?

I am trying to slog thru soul hackers so i can play 4 and apocalypse next
I'm about halfway thru soul hackers but it is getting tedious, should I just play 4 instead

spin-offs not allowed, DLC is for MAINLINE ONLY

>mfw had to use Cielo on that fight
>grinded and max all his stats
Fuck you too, Demi-fiend.

The only rewards are the database entries I just posted.

It doesn't.

?
Did Null All cover Almighty attacks, or does it depend on the game?

Oh no, I'm playing through SMT IV for the first time and just got spoiled!

It's a good thing the story of SMT IV is terrible and no amount of spoilers could make it worse.

While running around in the Diamond Realm, they remixed this.

youtube.com/watch?v=iDpEb7xdnG4

>Goes to the fight with null abilities
>Demifiend just oneshots me at the first turn.

In DDS he can be damaged by Almighty and Earth attacks

He can hit pretty damned hard.

I know that charm makes female demons way easy to recruit and bind makes fundraiser free.
Is there a status effect that works for scouting male demons? I've already tried dazed.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the Merkabah and Lucifer fight back to back?
I can handle Merkabah just fine but, lucifer keeps one shotting me with evil glean and hades blast.

There's actually a very easy way of dealing with that

_________________________________________________________________________________________git gud ______________________________________________________________

Tell me toki reaction went Asashi is killed (at the moment it happened, not later).

Well fuck you too user

dagda is edgy neutral

Dagda did nothing wrong

we all agree that __Toki__ is best girl

>"My demon's a bit different" is a message for the DDS card

I really want to fuck her concept art.

Is Final the edgiest SMT game ever?

My version is superior.

More like stupidiest or waifushittiest.

Both the least edgy and edgiest at the same time.

Anyone who played the Japanese version playing or played the English version as well? How's the localization?

>Dagda has an irish accent
>HOYBOY is back
that's all you need to know.

Finally found a vid with japanese toki fight.
>youtube.com/watch?v=CkcBhlUkwYo

>Promise you won't betray us?
>"I promise I won't betray you."
>"KISS MY ASS"
What do you think?

i mean, why wouldn't he have an irish accent

That sounds like the perfect excuse to do a proper SMT crossover fighting game and still make it "canon".

is it possible to have neutral points and not lose your demons or items at the choice?

He is damaged by Gun as well

There's always been wacky mascots for SMT you dumb faggot. Jack Frost even had his own fucking game in the 90s.

Abe's voice is fucking horrible

Really?
I actually think it is one of the better ones.

>Navarre in 4: 18
>Navarre in Apoc: 25

>Flynn/Isabeau in 4: 18
>Apoc: 18
?????

People saying it's been a few days since Flynn arrived in Tokyo

Read his profile, it explains why.

At what phase in the moon do you get locked in to a certain route or have to choose? I just started 5/8 moon.

Time travels faster outside of Tokyo you disgusting non neutral fag

>time warp
I guess so
Be purged, filthy son of man

No and yes. Just don't be an ass while going for peace/don't be a good guy while going for anarchy.

Why does Hero have to suffer so much?

Happiness is haram for SMT protagonists

i mean if you pick both good guy and bad choices and save before the route choice is it possible to not lose your items or demons on same save file

Oh that I don't know.

Compared to the others he has it the worst

Those two things are pretty negligible. As long as the localization isn't shit, I might be happy to play this in Eigo after I'm finished with Persona 5, there is so much dialogue in that game.

It's impossible to have a perfect equilibrium of anrachy and peace. One of the two options don't carry a penality.

It's a Steven fight and three Mots

We already got Mot the Reaper, we just need to stat Mootykins and Hiroshimoot.

Not him but this game has a really bad habit of sticking hard fights back to back

you blow

>See Walter and Jonathan
>They're just shells

>wanting to fuck your dog

>literally mentions the alignments
MASAKA!

Hero is really cute.

Am I the only one who only does the Neutral route and forgets about the game? Other than Neutral Peace, all the endings feel retarded. Anarchy is a shit, edgelord version of Psyduck's ending from Devil Survivor 2.

Law is, more often than not, the worst choice.

I think it's only SMT1 & Strange Journey where it comes out on top over Chaos.

Law is always shit but Chaos is fucking retarded in every game other than Nocturne's True Demon's ending and that's only because every human in Nocturne was fucktard.

Chaos was the best ending in DeSu1 though.

I picked "Kiss my ass", because I was upset at the whole situation. Like, fuck you, Flynn was the one who brought Odin back; why doesn't he get any shit? Just like Flynn, I was handling a request handed out by a troubled citizen of Tokyo. Where exactly should I draw the line between a request to complete, and one to turn down? There's the whole argument of "Common sense", but hunters are asked to do sketchy shit all the time; if I hadn't done it, then someone else would have. Why didn't Odin just curbstomp all the demons in the well, and then find some joe-schmo to unseal Krishna? I understand that a demon can't unseal another demon, but he was more than capable of clearing a path to the ark

Skins thought it was some funny shit though, which dispelled any butthurt I had over the whole situation. Can't stay mad at someone with a good sense of humour.

Atsuro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gin > the other endings that needed an extra day to not be shit

>not human anymore
>still nulls light
Why is this allowed?

Actually in II, Chaos far and away the most sympathetic route. So much so that it actually got a lot of flak in Japan for pulling an "obviously right" choice between the two when normally it's the more difficult Neutral that's "right."

It was thanks to that flak that, when Nocturne came out, the series started going down the "everything is fucking shit" route. Even TDE serves no other purpose than Lucifer throwing a cosmic temper tantrum and screaming "FFFFFUUUUUCK EVERYTHING." There's no rebirth, no more humans, nothing. All that's left it to punch God in the face and that's it. You get to spend the rest of eternity dicking around with your thumb up your ass.

Chaos was the best route even before Overclocked came out, though.

Because Dagda isn't a demon, he's a god

there's no difference in smt though

>Atsuro's route literally implies humans will eventually take over angels and demons and overgrow YHVH and Lucifer via technology
>not the best
Try again with your fujobait route.

Nah, I'm the same way. I look up the other endings because I'm interested to see what they're like but in SMT I always pick the ending that feels right for my character, achieve it, and then I'm done with the game.

I'm thinking about replaying them in reverse order though once I finish Apocalypse. Can SMT IV be emulated or will I need to dig my copy back out?

but navarre doesnt die in smt4

Reincarnated Pascal as a girl is cute.

Do the DDS games emulate well?

>No interaction in the DLC between The Hero and Asahi
ONE JOB

>how do we make the game harder on higher difficulties?
>just make the player keep missing

Make more Persona, every persona tops mainline by default.

I think his point was that Dagda probably nulled Light as well like most Gods do. So his influence wouldn't contradict a natural immunity.

Is it worth buying weapons and armor?

I I have yet to see any armor or weapons in chests yet

>humans will eventually take over angels and demons and overgrow YHVH and Lucifer via technology
When was that ever implied, also the only ones who can use demons are the japanese government now and we all know how competent they were during the lockdown.
You can't even use demons yourself anymore.

>pixie wasn't the waifu in Nocturne
Falseflagger please.

It's not a bad habit. It's intentional design because if attrition is not a factor a lot of the fights are a joke.

>I'm thinking about replaying them in reverse order though once I finish Apocalypse.
Don't you will miss out on a lot contexts and references despite the game trying to inform you with the needed info to understand the story.

That was not edgy. That was a teenager being a teenager and you get remarked as such.

Just got my copy in the mail

What stats to pick Cred Forums?

STR
It actually doesn't suck now.

MAG and go for a Hama and Mudo faggot like me

WRLD OF STRNGTH

>Complaining about girls wearing masks in a game where demons and angels fight in post-apocalypse Tokyo and you can fight Satan and God

>through an un-labeled tokyo as if they expect me to know where everything is
this
>go to ikedurkachurkaburo
>go to makatakawakaturkey
>now go back to shakalakatacoburka
nigger where the fuck

Asahi is for drinking.

Eh. Weapons only affect your basic attacks. It's still nice to buy an upgrade every now and then but you shouldn't worry too much about it.
Armour only adds resistances/weaknesses and slight stat points.Pretty much if you wanna go full /fa/. The only exceptions are the master armours you get when you cap a stat, which raise whatever stat you capped by a lot.

whatever you do make sure you have AGI.

not moving first on your turn is completely disastrous.

DEX with a side of AGI and LUK

Strength, fucboi.

STR it is

Time to get swole as fuck

So now that Alice is too mainstream and has become babby's first waifubait, who is the best demon girl?

A multi-hit gun and the various bullet elements/ailments for specific bosses (if not going Mag route or to cover gaps in your elemental array) would be the only thing really worth it

Xi Wangmu

Still the best, baby.

Don't kid yourself, she was always like that.

Cu Chulainn

Alice is still great you hipster fuck.

Pixie, Moh Shuvuu and Mermaid are all top tier cute too.

This is too adorable.

>moh shuvuu
Go away Raidou.

>remember final leaks and beautiful Asahi bullying
>now can experience it in English
Thanks atlus

Asahi is for fucking off so I can fuck demon waifus.

Best girl of course

>no fingers
>can't even give a proper handjob

Trashed

Bird demonfu best demonfu.

Dat ass tho.

Are you STILL mad, Anthony?

Does anyone know what the point of the anarchy earring?
It is not even a challenge since smirks and press turn wil majorly fuck up any chance of a decent challenge.

There's still footjob

So do Almighty skills like Desperate Bullet scale off Concentrate or Charge? or does it vary randomely

>Caring about fingers when you can get a top tear assjob and facesitting experience.

Failure as a human!

>already hitting 1.2k at level 32

who here /str/

I dare you to name an edgier demon design than this.

>SMT 1 roppongi
>Die for me
Man fuck that Alice slut.

RIGHT HERE

Charge best skill.

I will do literally what you said.

Are you even trying, bitch?

>New medusa just goes on how beautiful she is now

lol mad disrespect to the guest design

>Playing on Paradise
Well you are not wrong going WORLD OF STR.
Where did the term WORLD OF STR evem come from?

damn

I need to see this

>61 at level 19
Trying m' best.

This bitch and Lucy's girl forms keep giving me confused erections.

So if I want to go strength build, should I go like 100ish agility for going fast and then the rest into strength?

>Hallelujah makes Medusa a complete cakewalk
>Everyone still shits on him after the fight and calls him useless
Why must they bully someone that's not Asahi?

Dump everything in str and lck for crits and smirking all day everyday.
ag should be like 5-10 ponts above your current level.

>Irish accent god
>People not doing World of Luk

Shameful

Do either 3-1-1 Str-Agl-Luk or 2-1-2 Str-Agl-Luk

Nah fuck AGI, just pick some if you are missing REALLY a lot, you should have more than enough with just incenses and good pants.

LUC, however, is the stat that you should pick the fuck up to be at least half your STR.

/smtg/ meme referring to the true demon ending in Nocturne

a STR build is optimal for that route

Gonna get this game soon.

STR, DEX, or MAG?

Thanks.

L U K
U
K

They also found out the hex IDs for the other protags, so I've been co-oping with Demi-Fiend & Walter.

Don't worry he becomes one of the best party members in the game and then Asahi will be so useless that she bullies herself.

I'm going Dex because I played Mag in IV
The only issue I've found with it so far is that the fight against Shesha was a bit more of a pain in the ass than if I'd gone Str, and I'm getting way more Str skills than Dex skills

I've already played them. I'm saying REPLAY them.

You are my nigga. Cu Chulainn is best boy in any media in which he appears.

>mfw Macca beamed to death all my fucking gold is gone
>Then Loki
NIGGERS

Matador gets phys pierce btw

>It's a group of 3 Nekomatas get a pre-emptive attack episode

>Not Scathach
I bet you can't even float

What's a worse fate? A horde of Rust Monsters or a horde of Nekomata?

I wasn't aware Scathach was best boy.

Are fiends still RNG?

>implying it wasn't her who penetrated Cu with her Gae Bolg and not the other way round.

Nope

No. There is an entire side dungeon by the end of the game with all of them as bosses as you go on. However you can kill them only once and can't incense grind like in IV unless you buy the "respawn fiends" DLC like a good goy.

You can incense grind thou in the lvl DLC

>about to reach mid 90s at 4th floor of egg
>still more game
I fucking hate teleport dungeons and all they stand for

No, they're locked in a 47 floor demon domain (No map!) filled with level 9x demons that you cannot escape from, and have pierce passives. After so many floors you'll encounter a fiend.

David -> Matador -> White -> Red -> Black -> Pale ->Seven Trumpeters -> Mother Harlot.

After defeating a fiend you will create a checkpoint which you can return to, and you're given the option of leaving the dungeon. Each fiend battle is 10 turns, and if you cannot defeat them within that limit, then you are booted out to the last checkpoint. However, there are HP intervals which are recorded, so you can retain SOME progress. Do note that it doesn't record every single point of damage you do, since I made it to the DLC boss, and got him into the red multiple times, but when I re-engaged him in combat he was out of the red zone

They drop incense/battle plans (The latter boosts the affinity of a demon's innate affinities by +1), and don't respawn by default.

By buying the Twisted Tokyo DLC you add 9 more floors (Total of 56) to the dungeon, and get to face off against one last fiend: En no Ozuno. Defeating him respawns all of the fiends, resets your progress in the dungeon, and FUCKING BUFFS THEM. Some reward

Honestly, I preferred the RNG, because I could just farm off of muscle memory instead of having to deal with dodging shitmobs, and wandering around in corridors. At first the new area design was cool, but it really wore off after floor 30

I just started the Bonds Route
Dagda didn't deserve what happened to him.
I'm about to finish egg. I liked the second and third floors since the map was easy to navigate, but fuck the rest of them.

Are experience, mp and hp affinities also boosted by battle plans? Can I make my Alice a true death machine that doesn't get oneshot and doesn't gain experience at snail-pace?

Literally the only good thing to come from this game.

Oh my bad.

IS SRAOSHA IN THIS GAME

You can do that without fighting the fiends, just get the item DLC.