Games that you think deserve more attention

games that you think deserve more attention

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/company/strategy-first
youtube.com/watch?v=ep1KucMDl8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Great game.

I am a sucker for games like this were units evolve into new units.

Looks interesting OP

Tell me about this game

>filename

How do you get gud at this game? You can't really train more than one army, so how do you defend and attack at the same time from multiple angles?

Agree.

Age of Wonders II
Heroes of Annihilated Empires
American Conquest
I think Wargame is underrated also.

He didn't ask what the name was, he asked for you to tell him more about it. Sell him on it. Make him part with his hard-earned good boy points. Force his hand.

You don't need to have multiple trained armies.
You need to have only one stronk squad the rest is used to wear enemy off so you can fight him twice and finish after first encounter.

>about
>reading comprehension
He wants you to tell him about why you think it deserves more attention, user.

The fuck are you on about, I just bypassingly pointed out the filename.

What if my main army is too far away?

>mfw Disciples 3 happened

Then you fucked up? It is a tactical game,user, you need to pay attention to battlefield and watch enemy. If you feel like you are getting attacked full force get your shit together.

One random encounter won't hurt you much since city guardians are stronk

>that feel

Fucking this. I got Disciples 3 thinking it couldn't possibly be THAT bad. At least I got them on sale.

This is especially true in Disciples because your units level up and get promoted to different units, so it's not just "get a bigger stack" like it is in Heroes. Which makes the question who gets the finite amount of experience on each map REALLY important.

>I am a sucker for games like this were units evolve into new units.
Besides the character progression system you've already mentioned what really stood out to me is the setting ,story, character and visual art. It felt like insanely loved and polished little game, a full-fledged perfect piece you keep making eye love with.

>Age of Wonders II

Was AoW ever big? I always liked how it had a much bigger focus on magic than either Heroes or Disciples.

I fucking love disicples 2

>god tier artwork and unit portraits
>amazing music
>those qt pure female angels
>Uther
>game has amazing ambiance

If only we can have some kind of proper HD remasters but seeing as how most of the time classic games like these tend to me remastered poorly maybe it's for the better...

>If only we can have some kind of proper HD remasters
I wish

I think it was always overshadowed by HoMM, AoW 3 seems decent but I can't handle that they switched from muh isometric engine

I honestly don't even know what you could do to make Disciples 2 look better short of just making all the art higher quality. It still looks great, problem is more along the lines it wasn't made for modern display resolutions.

Just find the overpowered units and heroes and abuse them. Also, dwarves are complete shit so always expect to have difficulties as them.

>those problems with the steam version
I had to pirate it.
Best games.

>dwarves are complete shit
Nigga, whatchu say?

>Wonderful 101
>Star Control 2
>God Hand
Off the top of my head. God Hand's pretty popular already, though.

Well, if you add HD/fullhd/4k res the pixelated/lowq art will stand out.

So technically you will need new renders for that.

RE1 REmaster went for primitive upscaling for example... and it was terrible.

It's fucking insane how long it takes just for one unit to get enough experience so it could upgrade.

Give me some underrated ps3 games to add to my collection

What problems? Steam version is the same as CD version patched.

Dwarves are fine, their hill colossus the tankiest monster in game I think

Literally the only game I know where having a fan translation is preferable to official translation. Not because of some modern THEY CENSORED IT bullshit or anything, but simply because they obviously did such a shit job it hurts my brain to read it.

Kept fucking up the sound.

>you go into a bar and this guy slaps your all melee party in the ass

wat doo?

Oh, never heard about that.
Is it Steam only? The pirated version worked fine?
That's weird.

nigger

Get a magican

>a small abandoned mill
>it has 6 zombies with status effect attack
>your party consist 3 members
>it is main her party

>It still looks great, problem is more along the lines it wasn't made for modern display resolutions.
nigga don't even remind me. at least it's not locked to resolutions like throne of darkness. I can't play that in 800x600 anymore.

Werewolf can fuck you up early on if you're not packing magical attacks.

so is disciples 3 basically unplayable bc of how bad it is or what?

>play undead
>enemy AI heroes about to attack a captured city of mine
>notice that all the AI heroes units are all phy melees
>put one single werewolf in the city
>they attack anyway
>laugh my ass off as I click auto conclude battle and watch that one werewolf level up a billion times

DC3 just shits on everything DC2 was

It not just a bad DC game it just a abd game in general.
Also buggy and unpolished. There si a reason it was re-released 3 (!) times:

Disciples 3: Resurrection
Disciples 3: Renaissance
Disciples 3: Reincarnation

I am not one to bash play a game because of graphics, but ToD disgusted me visually, even when it was new.
And I donĀ“t give a crap about resolutions and am a giant sucker for feudal japan.

Honestly, I don't know anymore. They re-released it multiple times, and did more than just bundle it with the expansion, so I don't know if they ever fixed it properly. It could be perfectly fine right now as far as I know.

7.62 High Calibre
Great game with great Ideas, cursed by being made by slavs.

god DC3 was an abomination, it's like they weren't even trying, I remember there was a piece of dialogue when you loose a mission and the enemy unit literally says to you "what a loser" or some other shit that was completely out of place

Warlords Battlecry. Having an army of liches is pretty tight shit

>metacritic.com/company/strategy-first
>tfw Strategy First current state

damn what a fucking waste

God, this game was a fucking chore to get through

It especially stands out if you compare the writing and dialogues to DC2

Man, I remember when I first time heard these small voiced clips for some actions and scripted sequences. Top-notch production. Demons were the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=ep1KucMDl8k

yeah I remember the undead units would stretch their S's when they spoke of Mortissssssss,

Yeah, these small little things each race had.

Their architecture
Their history
Their design
Their unqiue units and magic

So many attention to small details that make the big picture stand out.

Battleborn.
Positive attention, I mean. It has enough memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o

shit was outsourced

The Battleborn setting and core story had something going for it. If Gearbox hadn't fucked it up with their shitty character design and writing it probably could have been decent.

jesus fuck

Fate worse than death.

campaigns? an aoe leader will eventually become so overpowered he'll solo everything on the first turn and paralyze whatever is left

I had 3 major problems with the game. First of all, the AI is trash. I feel like it always starts with a super strong army that you can only defeat late into game, and when you do, they basically can't touch you, since they only have shitty armies.
Secondly, the balance is terrible. For example the undead dragons are absolutely worthless, they barely have any initiative at all, only a bit more health than an archlich, and their damage is inferior to two mages you could take instead. They are plenty of useless units in the game.
And the story, while not bad, just feels so much different thAn the previous games. It feels more like a homm game than disciples.

Main competition to Heroes series. It has darker atmosphere and you don't move your units in battle mode (they stand still, but managing which unit stands where may sometimes save your ass). Most units evolve multiple times, unlike in HOMM, some of them also have branches so you can choose whether you want to smite/heal a single unit for most HP or multiple units for less HP. Taking enemy's castle is virtually impossible (race's king/queen always attacks first and does fuckyons of damage) unless the goal is to win the castle (then king/queen is weaker) - but usually goals are different than overtaking the castle. Story is more adult than in HOMM series and it's presented better. Very fun game, and can be hard as fuck too.

>craftansurvival with a cute young character with an oversized head in a dark scary world presented in a novel art style

kys kys bang bang

>undead dragons are absolutely worthless
They were worthless in all Disciples games.