Why did everyone jizz their pants when this game came out?

why did everyone jizz their pants when this game came out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fIqKWLkm2-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the same reason everyone got excited about color television

it was one of the first cinematic experiences

Autism and Weebfagism

yehhh!!!! amd stinky poopuy pee!!!!

Fucking millennials

Don't call me a millenial, you fucking millenial trash.

A combination of an advertising campaign that is incredibly even by today's standards; the fact that it looked better than nearly everything else out there at the time and because it was a genuinely good game with a great plot, characters and a solid battlesystem that was easy to use but hard to master.

Millennials calling Millennials Millenials

wasnt it like the first game that needed multiple discs

Back in its time it was the pinnacle of gaming technology. And also, during its time, we were all much more innocent and the various cancers that plague gaming today didn't exist yet.

Because it's best game ever made

here's a list of reasons:
>the silly block characters are disappointing at first and put the player in a low expectations mood
>More complex dialogue than previous games
>One of the first 3d jrpgs
>music that has a variety of musical styles and soundfont styles
>it's long as fuck
>tons of magic and summons
>edgy as fuck designs that were cool at the time
>lots of customization allows a variety of playstyles
>nice lore
>aeris' death had lots of impact as dying main characters wasn't often done, especially in such a dramatic way
>it was, and probably still is one of the silliest games to exist, which made the process of going through amusing and gave more contrast to the serious aspects. Square forgot about this element and that's why every FF after wasn't as fun
>minigames around every turn provide variety
>3d world map makes the world feel "complete". There are no empty holes
>tons of side content
>mixes fantasy with technology which wasn't done in such a way back then
>mysterious aspects to the story
>some really cool animations here and there
>tifa's titties
>introduction of the limit break mechanic

Because it has the best characters out of any final fantasy game.

Because the pre-rendered cutscenes were amazing. I remember seeing my brother start it for the first time and being in awe of the opening.

Marketing

>>aeris' death had lots of impact as dying main characters wasn't often done, especially in such a dramatic way
well there was tellah & galuf
i guess they weren't necessarily as dramatic, but that's mostly due to technology limitations

The graphics (yes even the box models), and the scale. The sheer scale of this game is still unmatched today.

Underage plz go

Fuck off, it had no advertising campaign for me, i didn't even had internet at time.
>the fact that it looked better than nearly everything else
God damn you such and idiot it hurts. It looked like blocked miscarriage, even by that time standards.
>hard to master
I want you dead.
It still was great game though.

because it was the best game ever and still is

TWO WORDS:
PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUNDS

this game will never get a proper remaster with symphonic music and hd backgrounds

Fantasy and sci-fi mix looked really good. Firat 3d modeling of an RPG.

This

Because it's a good fucking game, most of all.

yep these

Doesn't the game also have something like 400 unique enemy types?

I can understand why they need to spread the remake across 3-4 games.

>FF1-6 was popular
>FF7 is the first 3d FF

Hmm

Because it was fucking amazing. Holy shit, FFVII is so good.

>Fuck off, it had no advertising campaign for me, i didn't even had internet at time.
>it had no advertising campaign for me
What?
>I didnt had internet
Its was advertised on TV, radio and magazines.

Its advertising campaign cost more than the game cost to make.

Please educate yourself, retard.

Please learn english and get better taste, abdul.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with popularity of this game. Game just good.

sonyggers were obnoxious retards since day one

>Got a PSX for my 11th birthday
>Can only choose one game
>Brother suggested getting FF7 because he heard from his friend how cool it was

I'm guilty of having FF7 as my first FF game. To be fair, my first Console RPG was Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu and I didn't understand jackshit

>*Record scratch*
>*Freeze frame*

because what other game let you go snowboarding 30 minutes after watching your waifu get killed?

or having a slapfight on top of a giant cannon?

god damn this game is GOAT

It definately had something to do with its initial incredibly popularity. You can argue wheather this initial hype contributed or didnt contribute to its legacy

>butthurt N64 fag

You do realize that includes people born during 80's, right?

Babby's first JRPG for a LOT of people. And all they marketed the game with were cinematics. There were people who complained game didn't look that good even back in the day.

>i guess they weren't necessarily as dramatic, but that's mostly due to technology limitations
Exactly. Also I feel like aeris was planned out from the start. She has a lot of dialogue in the beginning, and more than the others at that. She was always meant to capture your heart

I want allowed any gaming products until I was 9, around the games release. My divorced dad bought me a PS1, and we took a ride into town so I could chose a game for it myself. I just picked the one that multiple discs, since I reasoned I'd get more for my money.

I'd played some Doom and Heretic at friends, and a little Sanic, so having FFVII as your proper first game as a 9 year old who didn't have English as his first language was daunting, to say the least. But fuck me if it wasn't the wildest ride.

It's okay. There were enough of us who didn't have it as their first and we still like it best.

>There were people who complained game didn't look that good even back in the day.
Good. They should know not to buy a product based on marketing.

I remember this small blurb in EGM about this game from an old GameStop employee. The employee said that he wasn't so sure how effective the advertising was at conveying the game because a lot of people traded it back in on the grounds of "too much reading." It also didn't help that the commercials rarely showed the common, in game graphics and stuck to the pre-rendered cutscenes.

A lot of reasons. One of them being Uematsu in his prime.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIqKWLkm2-g

For me the advertisement was useless too.
It was a christmas gift with my first console. It wasn't after I saw the Nibelheim scene that I recognized that I saw an ad months prior and by then I was already loving it.

Lego games weren't a thing yet.

POO IN LOO

Unlike most of the recent FF games that shoot for realistic visuals that don't fit the corny anime inspired stories FF7's cartoony graphics basically fit the game perfectly.

Its hard to imagine a snowboarding mini game fitting into a game with more serious visuals.

let's mosey

Because it's a great game.