Does anyone have that video of that dude criticizing Bayonetta 2 combat?

I can't seem to find it, but I remember him explianing that the combat was made a lot easier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69iX9DOfFCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do you need that video? to use in your schoolyard shitfests?

> Bayo 2 combat was made easier
It was made easier and it was made much harder.

You need to evolve past simplistic maxim "harder = better" and ACTUALLY PLAY both game to understand,

>much harder
The only part of the game that is more difficult than the first is the boss battle with Rodin, and maybe the Lumen Sage who isn't fun in the slightest anyways.

The rest is an insulting joke of a game where every difficulty level is the equivalent of the difficulty one tier lower in the first game.

Yes bitch Cred Forums is made for shitposting, NOW HELP ME FIND IT.

>very difficulty level is the equivalent of the difficulty one tier lower in the first game
wrong
Not every because they removed one difficulty mode, there is not NSIC analogue in 2

Also Infinite Climax is much harder than Hard in 1 -- because of errors made in enemy combat design

Search yoshesque on youtube. She criticize Bayo 2 combat a lot in almost every video.

Most of the criticism of Bayo 2's combati stems from the fact that Bayo 2 is built around Witch Time instead of Witch Time being a byproduct of you being good., so for some battles (namely the battles that take place in hell) you're basically catfishing enemies so that you can hit them every two second since thats the only time they're actually vulnerable in. You don't need a video to see that. But you know, Bayo 1's combat instead is more focused on Wicked Weaves as evidence of later enemies and higher difficulties and the best moves are moves that make wicked weaves come out the fastest and most often.

>You don't need a video to see that
You do when you haven't played any of these games and will never do and just need a video with some retard face on it's thumbnail supporting some agenda

Despite all the memes areound being hardcore and such, sometime simplifying mechanics is not a bad thing.
While Bayo 2 plays more easily than the first one, it is in fact improved as it allows entry level players to enjoy the game at high level players can still work their ass on making spectacular combos.

Basides, no matter how one believes that easy = worse, Bayo 2 fixed many things of Bayo 1, namely the QTEs, the cutscenes being less annoying and shorter and replacing the terrible vehicle segments of the first one with a flying section that actually doesn't play like ass.

Tl;dr
Bayo 1 = Bayo 2
Both are great ass games and people trying to fight over which one is better are nuts

There's a youtube channel that's kind of dedicated to Bayonetta called Yoshesque, or Yoshequesque or whatever you'll find it.

I think she made a video about why it sucks. Kinda cool channel as well, at least till she started LP-ing with some sperg. But I'm sure she'll bounce back.

youtube.com/watch?v=69iX9DOfFCM

??

There's absolutely nothing wrong with criticism be it valid criticism or completely outblown hateful criticism everyone's in their perfect rights to share their opinions; it's your own problem if you can't take that other people will do just that.

You stamping some copy pasted 'yeah but' only shows that you can't fucking handle people having a discussion or some actual fucking thoughts about stuff.

Maybe if you're just a button masher then Bayo 2 is fine to you or maybe you just don't care at all.
But the whole fucking point is that this series isn't aimed at button mashers, and the sequel fell flat on it's face in a LOT of areas which is why you fucking nintenyearolds shilling it like it's at all a worthy sequel for the true fans, is fucking annoying.

Grow up and stop being afraid of disliking something or actually possessing a well reflected opinion or two.

>sometime simplifying mechanics is not a bad thing

Bayonetta 1 wasn't some Unlimited SaGa tier unplayable shitpile, Bayonetta 2 dumbed it down to almost Metal Gear Rising levels.

>opinions are fine
>but not THIS opinion, you should hate this game instead

I don't want to hear about how he "isn't contributing to the discussion" either, he made good points for both. Bayo 2 had lots of QoL improvements over the first, but missed out on weapons (salamanders GOAT though) and made combat much easier. On the other hand, Rodin doesn't take 10 years of farming to get to, and the game has far more interesting locations and environments too.

Both games have merits dude. No rational person on Cred Forums is going to tell you that you have to hate something just because it isn't AS GOOD as another game in the series. They're both hella fun.

Don't bother. People love to miss the point.

I love it when people completely miss the point intentionally and then act like they're saying something reasonable without saying anything at all.
I think you were saying something about contributing to the discussion but I couldn't hear you over how fucking derivative and bland it all was, if I didn't know any better I'd say it was all a bunch of regurgitated irrelevant excuses that have nothing to do with relevant discussion.

But whatever, I can't win a war against you actual fucking mongoloids.

Post yfw you fucking LOVE Bayonetta.

>muh infinite combos
Eat shit, Bayo 2 was better designed than Bayo 1. Bayo 1 may seem more complex in theory but in execution the combat is much simpler and less challenging if you're any good at it thanks to the way you can juggle enemies and abuse quick WW strings.

Bayo 2 is far more about reactions than it is about le epic year-long juggles; the game is very clearly focused around witch time and parries. Enemies knock you out of infinite combos and attack and move much faster and more often, but bayo's non-weave damage is improved slightly and she has a DT as a panic button to deal with the bullshit you'll sometimes find yourself against.

>you have to bait certain enemies to start witch time to do anything
Lrn2Parry

If you didn't beat Rodin you don't get to post

>"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"
>"RIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

>"WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITER THAN A MILE!"

How nonexistant sustained interest in Bayo 2 is speaks louder than you and your shitty opinion ever will.

But go ahead, go and falsify some enthusiasm for this game to get the developers to fuck the series up even further. Go for it you magnicifent retarded fuck.

Did Bayo 2 kill your parents and send you to the gulag?

It's wider than a mile, user.

Did criticism from childhood turn you into what you are today? Is that why you're so afraid of people using their thinking-lumps?

Considering it's Mississippi it's definitely whiter

You are a sad strange little man

So long as I'm not the guy who wrote for free, I think I'm just a swell individual in general mr. meme poster.

>"Im cossing (you) in style!"

>"SOMEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

fuck typos oh well

I like it

it's like 40 percent black

OOOOOH DREAM MAKER, YOU HEART BREAKER

Is it fair criticism?

Hey, jealousy. Just buy a Wii U already, it's got several great games.

Why do people have loyalty to platforms

Why

All it does is cause problems

the only things that I don´t like about bayo2:

- some bosses are kinda copy pasta, in 1 I think every introduced angel looked quite different ?
- with the two blades (dunno if also by others), she kinda stands weird...it´s like she has a got a 90° angle on the back
- Short hair bayo is nice, but I don´t like the earrings
-first level is way way way too long and some levels in the end way too short.

overall, they are both games were I was fucking happy that I bought a U. Hopefully we will get the whole triology on NX

The combat is harder at higher levels, and easier on lower levels.

Take it as you will

>because of errors made in enemy combat design

what errors

Oh dear lord please. There are barely any changes in combat, it is by far still more complicated than Rising.
A more apt comparison would be as if Bayo 1 is like DMC4 Dante compared to Bayo 2 being DMC3 Dante.
Except Bayo 2 Bayonetta having much better animations.

I disagree, Bracelet of Time changes made the game EXTREMELY easy on NSIC, especially since you could slap the Evil Harvest Rosary on the other hand and get the best of both worlds. BoT also made Salamanders absolutely broken by allowing them to make the most of their sustained damage without being interrupted.

Yeah no. Bayonetta 2 has no difficulty that matches NSIC, hell Bayo 2 on Infinite Climax is easier than Bayo 1 on Hard.

>DMC4 Dante
>deeper combat than DMC3 Dante
lolno

That's what someone might assume at a glance since the original bayo had a mode that turned off witch time, but the combination of vastly more aggressive enemies and the impossibility of infinite juggles makes Bayo 2 at the hardest difficulties more difficult in practice than Bayo 1.

There's just too much to exploit in Bayo 1.

With DMC3, each style is a bit more complex than each style of DMC4.
But style switching, along with royal guard animation cancelling, makes DMC4 far more complex and the ceiling ascends way higher.

>He doesn't get it

dmc4 is absolutely more complex combat-wise then dmc3

TWOOOO DRIFTERS!

OFF TO SEE THE WORLD. THERE'S NOOOOOT A LOT OF WORLD TO SEEEEE

WE'RE AFTER THE SAAAAAME RAINBOW'S EEEEND

WAAITING 'ROUND THE BEEEND

MY HUCKLEBERRY FRIEEEND

MOON RIVER AND ME

user you forgot how easy Bayo 1 is exploited

Aside from Sloth, none of the enemies in Bayonetta 2 are difficult.

Meanwhile in Bayonetta 1 you have Joys, as well as Gracious and Glorious in nearly every encounter, and those are both way harder than any enemy in Bayonetta 2.

I've put over 600 hours into Bayonetta 1 and about 90 into Bayonetta 2, 100%ed both, Bayonetta 2 is piss easy in comparison aside from Rodin who is much more difficult than in the first game.

>BoT also made Salamanders absolutely broken by allowing them to make the most of their sustained damage without being interrupted.

> people think stuff like THIS is the craziest stuff you can do

No wonder people think Bayo 2 is shit. They don't know how to fucking play it.

You have my curiosity. Elaborate.

>Aside from Sloth, none of the enemies in Bayonetta 2 are difficult.
Alone. On hardest you fight a ton of them at an insane speed and you can't rely on flying around or stunlocking them to keep yourself safe. Dodge properly or get rekt.

>muh gracious and glorious
Those are only difficult before you understand how broken Bayo 1 is.

>niggas hating on the game that lets you fuck shit up in co-op with Rodin

To be fair though, Rodin has no dodge button and can't do Witch Time/Light Speed

Still a fucking baller though

>never learned how to infinite combo gracious and glorious, making them easy as piss.

Today an user fixed all of Bayonetta 2's problems, and made it a better more enjoyable game than the original classic.

All through the power of his mind and a keyboard.

Today is truly an inspiring day to be on Cred Forums..

Bayonetta 1 is way less broken than 2
>Bracelet of Time
>automatic win
>Umbran Climax
>automatic win
>Umbran Armor
>automatic win

at least in Bayonetta 1 you had to be good at the game to buttfuck it

Playing on normal, there, buddy?

Everybody can fix anything through the power of their mind and a keyboard, that's why Cred Forums is full of armchair game designers.
Then you actually try to do it in real life and suddenly everything goes wrong.

Why do people even use difficulty as an argument in Bayonetta?
No one does for DMC because only the first game is difficult once you know how to play.

No, it really was super easy, the combat is stale if most of it is just dodge countering that has huge iframes.

The game as a whole was a disappointment

>enjoying coop with constant lag, disconnections, and shit hit detection
Nintendo servers cant keep up for shit.

Only one of the posts you quoted was me.

You can't play Bayo 2 the way you play Bayo 1. I think people are trying to play this game that way and expecting it to work, then they discover that it doesn't and throw a fit because things are different.

The second game is played differently at a 'high level.'

In the first game, you pick the best weapons and dodge offset eveything with air combos and stuff.

Bayonetta 2 gives you a lot more freedom in that you have a lot more options, all of which are viable. I think people forget how half of the weapon roster was useless. Air combos were nerfed, sure, but you can still use them. You just need to know how to do it, which weapon to use for the desired effects, etc.

Let's say you're fighting Allegiance. That's the golden centaur with the fire sword and shield. He parries everything, right? Well, no. You have a few options. You can attack from behind, because enemies only parry from the front. If you use, say, Undine, you can stunlock them so they don't counterattack.

Fully charging the hammer makes it unblockable. Nothing can parry that, and it has enough stun to hold stuff like Sloth and Masked Lumen in a combo.

If you want to air combo something, you can pop umbran climax and use a witch twist. The weave launches them, and you can slide around behind them so they won't parry your air combos. Alruna's grab can pull enemies into the air, etc etc etc

Or you could just play Bayonetta 1, where air combos are about as complex as using PPKP then wailing on stuff for free.

>constant lag, disconnections, and shit hit detection
Sounds like a "you" problem.
>Nintendo servers cant keep up for shit.
It's P2P. Your connection sucks.

>The game as a whole was a disappointment
Lol no, the game is still fantastic even if it's a bit easier and the juggles are less complex.

Underrated post

Interesting. I got away with pretty good scores on NSIC in Bayo 2 just by abusing Salamanders and BoT, but I also think that's probably a factor of having played the first game to death.

I just got back into Bayo 1 recently, trying to do a Jeanne run on Hard for the first time (as in, I have no health upgrades/weapons because I went straight to Hard and skipped Normal) and I'm getting my ass thoroughly beat. If I can't manage to git gud by the end of THIS I don't know what can help me.

What's wrong with the second game? Other than "it's easier."

This is an ok post.

Bayonetta 2 lost some of the complexity of Bayo 1, but it made up for it by fixing all of the really retarded bits that most hardcore fans learned to ignore.

People are upset that you can't just juggle everything endlessly.
Which in reality was more of a balance change they did, because once you learn how to do that the game is unbelievably easy.

I'll take annoying QTEs and amazing combat over no QTEs and having shitty combat.

Keep in mind for a lot of people who played it, they specifically bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2. For it to not be an improvement on the first game which was heavily flawed is disgusting.

Dear lord fuck off.
The combat is still amazing even if it's not as complex.
And the game is so improved in other areas it's a joke. The animations of EVERYTHING are night and day better, the art style is much much better, the diversity in level design is a lot better, the bosses are much less dull etc.

Au contraire, if you knew where the switch weapon button is, you could abuse the Kilgore glitch to do a billion damage and cap out the combo score on everything.

So pretty much "I have/don't have a Wii U therefore opinion": the thread

You guys are a real joy

ITT: People can't take criticism towards Bayo 2 for some fucking reason

They definitely dumbed down the combat in 2, I don't know how you can argue against that. They're both 9/10 games, just deal with the fact that 1's combat was better

The graphics and story are way better.
The gameplay is not.
The bosses are more forgettable if anything, bland dragon and bland shield guy over whatever the fuck Virtue and Temperance were supposed to be.
What's really unforgivable is that the bosses are still shit, the first game's bosses aside from Jeanne are almost all absolutely terrible, this is repeated again in 2. Despite being such an obvious area for improvement they fucked it up severely and didn't learn from their mistakes.
Music is way worse. I love Moon River Climax but it plays like 3 times during the game while shitty Tomorrow Is Mine plays the rest of the time. Boss themes are worse than the first as well.

Again, I spent over 300 dollars specifically for this game after the first game was my favorite of the previous generation. It is worse and I'm pissed that I bought a console for it.

I haven't played it yet user. Will you tell me more about your experiences? I have some several hundred hours on Bayo 1, I'm just waiting to see whether NX is Wii U BC before I decide on what to buy to be able to play it and W101

Eh, most of the "critics" Bayo 2 gets are absolute nitpicks. There is nothing wrong with Bayonetta 2 and while it changed some minor things, it also added more to it. Not to mention much smoother animations. Technically is still a marvel, as was Bayonetta 1. No doubt, since both games had lead programmer Don-san working on it.

I can't believe we still have people bitching that this is a Wii U exclusive, even after many times it was repeated over and over by Platinum and Kamiya himself that Bayo 2 was almost cancelled and that they approached many other publishers (possibly including Sony and Microsoft) and being rejected until Nintendo picked it up due to being working on W101.

Nobody cares about what platforms it's on but nintendrones, same was as Bloodborne bros can't handle any criticism because they think it's just a Pcuck who never played it.

Most people here bought a Wii U and Bayo 2 specifically because we loved Bayo 1 so much. It's not a platform war until shills run out of defenses and have to just say NEVER EVER as their only defense.

I can't wait until Bayonetta 3 is NX exclusive and the tears come back.

It's insanely easy. When I first started it I was pleased to see that Hard was unlocked by default, and given my 500 hours of experience with the first game, picked it wanting the better challenge.

I was not pleased to find out that Bayonetta 2 on Hard is like Bayonetta 1 on Normal. And that trend continued onwards. Climax on 2 is like Hard on 1, there is not even an equivalent to Nonstop Infinite Climax.

Most of the bosses are complete dogshit, especially egregious is the Lumen Sage, who you are required to use Witch Time on to even hit. The fact that they designed enemies like this is fucking ridiculous and an insult to the team that made the first game.

Beyond that it does not take long at all to unlock a lot of the content. I managed to 100% it in less than 40 hours, the first game it takes at least 70.

I absolutely hated Wonderful 101 and it is my least favorite game by Platinum other than Ninja Turtules

>durr muh torture attacks
Those were never good, they were for extra halos
>don't use magic outside of UC
Fucking stupid, the accessories are immensely useful
>Perfect Parry gives witch time AND stuns the enemy without any recovery frames or limits but it gives slightly less witch time so its shit XD
>muh lumen sage
Use the whips and counters to fuck him sideways, no you don't need witch time
>enrages enemies r 2 hard
>bawww weaves are rebalanced
>bawwww I'm too dumb to figure out the combo system so I can't game it for easy PP
>bawwww I can't infinite combo ur ARTIFICIALLY extending their lives by not letting me kill them off one touch!

Sounds less like reasoned analysis and more like NOT MUH

>Music is way worse
Weird, I thought it was about on par with the first. Tomorrow is Mine makes for a better battle theme than Mysterious Destiny does, but you're right about Moon River not getting featured enough. I'm glad they brought back You May Call Me Father, but Bayo 2 doesn't have anything that replaces Red and Black which was another one I really loved.

I think the boss themes in Bayo 1 were better, but I can't remember most of them that well. I know Sapientia's was great though, loved that one too.

People keep posting there's a lot of counterpoints that can be made. For example, you know what attacks give you more Witch Time, it's the bigger ones, and you can plan around that.

There's still a reason to use parries because they're easier to do against rapid attacks and you have a dodge limit. Dodging against Rodin for example is a pain in the ass, but you can parry him pretty easily. Also, addressing a later point, a parry always gives a magic orb.

You have to use Witch Time, but I don't really see the problem with that since Infinite Climax doesn't take it away.

I also don't see the problem with enraged enemies. They still telegraph, it's just faster and doesn't have the attack flash.

The Wicked Weave nitpicks are a very bizarre thing to bring up, because in Bayonetta 1 K strings didn't end in Wicked Weaves, so you'd only ever use them under two circumstances: sweep, or Kilgore glitch. I think most of the short kick strings are much slower than the punches, which is why they're weighted like that.

No idea about combo output though, I never paid any attention.

>nitpicking
Wow, it's almost as if autists who spend thousands of hours playing single player Japanese action games expect high quality.

>Bayo 2 is bad because you don't have to grind for 30 hours to reach Rodin
>lol W100 is terrible
opinion discarded

>I absolutely hated Wonderful 101 and it is my least favorite game by Platinum other than Ninja Turtules
Oh, so you have shit taste.
Disgusting.

Some of you talk as if Bayo 2 was DMC2-bad (No joke, I've seen shitposters on Cred Forums claiming Bayo 2 was like DMC2), some other people also bullshitting the whole "Bayo 2 is platinum B team" (when Kamiya himself confirmed the core of the original development team from 1 were back on Bayo 2), and so on.

>nintendrones
>Bloodborne bros

I see you aren't biased at all, bro.

Look, I wanted to like it, but I hate the camera angle, I hate the level design, I hate the nearly unplayable minigames that happen twice every level, I hate how much of a visual clusterfuck it is, and I didn't even like the controls.

Beyond that the characters are mostly annoying. And by that I mean Green, Pink, and Luka never shut the fuck up and are awful.

nitpicking =/= being correct

Both games are high quality.

>Talking shit on W101

Having put over 600 hours into the first game and over 100 into the second, Bayonetta 2 is more like DmC to Bayonetta 1's DMC3.
More limited, lower skill ceiling, clearly made to be more accessible to faggots who have no place playing action games in general.

>I hate the camera angle
Casul
>level design
Shit taste
>minigames
They're not that frequent, but I agree with the ship minigames being bad. The punch out ones are great though.
>visual clusterfuck
Bad taste
>controls
casul

>Characters are annoying
Only Luka is annoying.
Vorkken is the most entertaining rival in an action game ever.

>comparing a Tameem game to a game made by the same dev team from Bayonetta 1

Yeah, this is a good example of the kind of shitposting I was talking about. Good job.

It's more like the difference between Shinobi and Nightshade on the PS2.

That's really really bad taste.
It's more like DMC3 vs DMC4. Not in complexity, but quality. Both are great games, and they both do better things than the other,

This is correct.

>I wanted to like it
No, you wanted a new DMC.

There's no need to lie to us.

>I see you aren't biased at all, bro.
Now THIS is nitpicking

Why would I want a new DMC when Bayonetta already existed?

I just really didn't like Wonderful 101, it was chock full of the things that I hate about Kamiya as a game designer.

>it was chock full of the things that I hate about Kamiya as a game designer.

Care to elaborate?

>Insulting my boy mikebob
Shit taste honestly

Mainly his insistence on putting absolutely fucking appallingly unforgivably terrible minigames into all of his games and doing it constantly.

With the exception of Okami where he accidentally got it right and most of the minigames were fun, but that game had its own heap of problems.

>Bayonetta 2 gives you a lot more freedom in that you have a lot more options, all of which are viable. I think people forget how half of the weapon roster was useless. Air combos were nerfed, sure, but you can still use them. You just need to know how to do it, which weapon to use for the desired effects, etc.
I'm still pissed there's not shotguns in Bayo 2

I really can't understand how anyone can claim Bayonetta 2 has shit combat. It's baffling to me.

Don't tell me your're one of those faggots who didn't like the Space Harrier level on Bayo 1.

Onyx Roses on hands and Kilgore on feet is GOAT setup.

The level is alright, it just goes on for WAY too long.

My main problem is that I have to play through that tedious level anytime I want to fight Jeanne 3, the best boss in the game, instead of her being her own chapter.

hell I didn't even hate the motorcycle level.

This.

I could understand some peoploe saying "I like combat in 1 more", but calling combat in 2 shit is straight bullshit.

I hated most of the weapons in Bayonetta 2, they were either FAST AND WEAK or SLOW AND STRONG or GIMMICKY AND SHITTY.

I miss how versatile the first game's weapons were, in almost any situation they would work. Fuck, Bayonetta 2 doesn't even have Durga. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DURGA. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS SHIT WITHOUT SHOTGUNS OR DURGA.

It's the classic le "if x game isn't just as good or better than y game, then it's SHIT" syndrome that started here with the souls series really.
I'm not referring to Dark Souls 2 by saying that either. I'm referring to the contrarians that said Dark Souls 1 was shit compared to Demons Souls.

By general action game standards it's good.

But for 360 US dollars I am absolutely pissed and insulted that it's not better than the first game.

IMO the game is best played with standard weapons (scaraborough fair/love is blue).
The other weapons are there to be fancy and to let you come up with new ways to play, but I think they also fit into the whole fast/weak/gimmicky (but I disagree, none of them were shitty).

Also, shotgun broke the first game, it was pretty funny.

>RE2
I don't remember any minigame.
>DMC
I don't remember any minigame. Maybe the odd final boss counts as a minigame?
>Viewtiful Joe
There was the sidescrolling shmup minigame. Was that really that offputting to you?
>okami
There was the digging minigame, which does have a dubious reputation as some love it and some hate it. I don't remember any other.
>bayonetta
There was the bikeriding minigame, which actually added a unique fighting setpiece. I don't see anything wrong with this.

I haven't played W101 yet, but from his past trackrecord, I don't believe that he puts terrible minigames into his games. Most of his games have a single minigame which are quite short and occur rarely, so I don't see this as an argument with any weight against Kamiya as a game designer.

Interesting, I vastly preferred the weapons in 2. Chainsaws and Chain Chomp trumped everything.

>no Durga

What the hell? Durga was the one of the most versatile and complex weapons of the first game.

>DMC
please do not forget the first person underwater segments

This just shows that Yosh is terrible at figuring things out. She's good at doing flashy, impressive things but that's about it.

The combo points you earn in the second game are directly related to your damage. Take the combo points you earn for an attack, add a 0 to the end, and that's how much damage you're dealing.

Magic gain from attacking is 1 orb each time you hit a damage threshold that changes for each difficulty.

Put more time into the game, get more out of it. Bayo 1 worked the same way, it baffles me that Bayo 1 veterans dropped this so quickly.

Then again, when you're as stupid as Yoshesque I guess it makes sense.

I don't think some people claim Bayo 2 is better than the first game, but that it's at least just as good, of comparable quality.

If you bought the WiiU to play the sequel to Bayonetta, you can't be disappointed.
If you bought it thinking Bayonetta 2 was going to be some sort of "citizen kane of action games" kind of unrealistic expectations, well... that's your own fault for setting the expectation too high, but Bayo 2 is just as good as Bayo 2, objectively speaking (meaning that you can prefer the first one for several reasons, but all subjective).

Oh shit, I had completely blocked that shit out. That was quite bad and offputting.

I'd claim it's better. It's a lot more fun, mostly due to how straightforward it was and how the set pieces weren't as annoying.

Plus I think the combat system tweaks (and they are tweaks, they're all very minor things) make the game a lot better when you aren't making a combo video apparently.

Bayonetta was my favorite game of the previous console generation, but even then I will admit the game had serious problems that needed fixing, namely how 90% of the bosses are absolute dogshit, issues with screen tearing, bad minigame/puzzle segments, the QTE shit, and shitty story.

Given that they had a higher budget and were working with a first party publisher this time around, AND they knew what flaws the previous game had, I thought maybe I would get a much better game.
Instead I get dumbed down combat, a lame set of weapons compared to the first, nerfed difficulty, and for some reason THE BOSSES ARE STILL FUCKING HORRIBLE.
Hell, I actually think the first game has the better set of bosses. That is sad. Bayonetta 2 is B-Team as fuck and I hope and pray that if a 3 (or Cutie J) happens the A-Team comes back.

If you're a casual gamer Bayonetta 2 is going to seem like the better game.

If you're a hardcore Truestyle purist it's an insult to your intelligence and your wallet.

It's honestly not surprising Cred Forums is incapable of properly countering criticism but come on, this thread is pathetic.

Kamiya has never come back to direct a sequel. He always wants to make new IPs with unique gameplay and I hope he continues with this in the future.

>Truestyle

kek

You didn't like throwing stuff around with the whip?

Or kicking chain chomp bombs at everything?

How about throwing your weight around with the giant hammer? Sawing everything in half with the chainsaws?

First game's whip was better.
Chain chomp was alright but no replacement for Durga or shotgun or Sai Fung or Pillowtalk

go back to doing retarded easy speedruns in God Hand for /vg/

Your kind isn't welcome here

joke's on you I don't like God Hand

>Chainsaws and Chain Chomp trumped everything.
chain chomp is fucking amazing, I just wish they had made a skin that would fit the Bayo 2 atmosphere more and kept the Mario skin as a gimmick outfit

>This just shows that Yosh is terrible at figuring things out. She's good at doing flashy, impressive things but that's about it.
women general

>chainsaws and chain chomp
I like having A as either full default love is blue or Sal/Alruna and having B as bow/chomp

The damage you can do at long range with bow/chomp is unreal

>This just shows that Yosh is terrible at figuring things out.
You retarded? She basically singelhandedly popularized dodge offset in Bayo1? If anything it's the exact opposite of your bullshit claim

Kulshedra was gimmicky and poorly implemented. It was fun and all, you were better off with Shuraba. Only thing the whip did well was the rodeo twirl for groups.

I guess, she's one of the best Bayo players.

People who think Bayo 2 is easier haven't fought the fucking 3x balder card on hardest difficulty. Shit took me hours.

Then why did she have so much trouble with the second game?

Dodge Offset isn't even remotely difficult to figure out. It's not like it was some grand mystery that only she was smart enough to solve. She's a girl that makes commentated videos. No awards for guessing why she's so popular.

Balder is only hard because he's unfair unfun bullshit.
NO FUN ALLOWED WITCH TIME ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

what a fucking joke compared to the first game. I can't believe Kamiya was the producer for Bayo 2 when he okays shit like this.

I doubt Kamiya even cared about Bayo2s development, probably just said okay and that was that.

>Balder is only hard because he's unfair unfun bullshit.

How is that any different from any of the other hard bosses?

What other hard bosses?

Not counting Rodin, he's an optional bonus challenge designed specifically to push your shit in.

This post a joke?

Most of this is just bullshit complaining.

"Wahh, things aren't as simple as in Bayo 1"

That's because it's a new game, not an expansion. That's when you start figuring things out again, not expecting everything you know to work.

>for some fucking reason
Plat drones are extremely resistant to the idea that the games released by the company are not 10/10s, especially the idea that their golden franchise isn't actually as good as they believe it to be.

>aren't as simple

the problem with Bayonetta 2 is that it's more simple

Bayo 2 could have improved from the previous game without the casualization.
But let's be real here. The devs tried their best, but they are not as knowledgeable in the field as Kamiya and whoever veterans that may or may not work with him at Platinum, which is why the subtle changes that casuals not notice become glaring at high level play. And I don't mean a "I played this game for 150 hours and post combo videos on youtube" levels of skill; these changes become very noticeable at the moment you turn up the difficulty and want to pure plat the chapters.

Even if we disregard the combat, Bayo 2 still has its own set of flaws though. Like those unskipable "let's walk while we talk" cutscenes, arguably the story and pacing. And I disagree with your point of flying boss battles as an improvement, those are ass and I would prefer to fight on the ground at any day.

>simplifying mechanics is not a bad thing
Fucking casuals

Never had a disconnection if anything tag climax online works as well as MK 8's online sounds like you shut have a shit service.

You can always assume that console-war shitters are poor teenagers and/or NEETs who can only get a new console after constantly begging their parents to buy them one for Christmas.

>unskipable "let's walk while we talk" cutscenes
Aren't these actually loading times? MGR did the same thing?

Can anyone tell me where the harder = more fun notion came from?

It's not as much difficulty as it is the core combat design and how Witch Time is such a major element of Bayo2, whereas in Bayo1 it was just a reward.

Oh really?

It's a decent compromise then, but in that case I would take shorter chapters if it means not having those walking segments.

This isn't the genre for you