Why the fuck haven't Capcom franchised the fuck out of DMC?

Why the fuck haven't Capcom franchised the fuck out of DMC?

It has likable, iconic characters, an interesting world, and combat almost no other game can touch; not to mention a very dedicated fanbase. So why does it feel like Capcom has no idea what to do with this IP? A genre-defining first entry, a really dumb second one, a fantastic soft-reboot third entry, an over-ambitious and flawed fourth one, and a really weird hard-reboot nobody really asked for. How fucking hard is it?
>Re-use assets from DMC4 as the basic framework.
>Build on the existing combat with new weapons, enemies and bosses.
>Have the story just have run-of-the-mill 90's anime cliches.
>Focus on making a varied and enjoyable campaign.
Boom, you could pump one of these out like every other year, and most fans probably wouldn't mind as long as you build and fine-tune on what's already there. No major change needed.

Why are Capcom so incompetent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_PsJ4ObyUU
youtube.com/watch?v=6TnwMUjojWc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLi9QthkIOI
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-24-dmc-sells-half-of-what-dmc4-did-in-japan
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
youtu.be/3WWmTFYX-jg?t=2m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=UhGqiPfPApY
youtu.be/jzVNL-tZnAE
siliconera.com/2010/05/04/sengoku-basara-producer-90-of-visitors-to-our-events-are-women/
youtube.com/watch?v=nls-hFyP8mE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No motivation.

I'd like a GR x DMC co-op multiplayer game

>DMC
Just give me Dragon's Dogma 2 already, senpai.

Isnt that going to ruin it? Look at call of duty, its absolute shit.

Shut up and enjoy your shitty MMO.

>you could pump one of these out like every other year, and most fans probably wouldn't mind as long as you build and fine-tune on what's already there. No major change needed

DMC is even less profitable than Sengoku Basara in JP to even bother such low effort sequelization

>Yearly releases
That's probably the most retarded thing a dev can do.

Look what happened to COD and Asscreed.

>Ghost Rider X DMC crossover
>Disney buys Capcom.
>They franchise the fuck out of Capcom's IP's.
>Stuff is well produced and all of Capcom's old franchises enjoy great success.
>Capcom IP's gets a bunch of cool merch shit.
>Capcom works on Marvel and Disney IP's.
>Deep down you wouldn't be able to shake the feeling of Capcom becoming some kind of soulless corporate husk more than they already are.

It would be weird.

I said every other year.

Don't be crazy now user.

Would we get Marvel vs Capcom 4 and would it be better than 3?
Because I need more sweet Spider-ass.

>DMC is even less profitable than Sengoku Basara in JP

And Sengoku Basara is barely a fucking blip on the map outside of Japan.

DMC is still big in Japan, not as big as overseas relatively speaking, but big nonetheless.

Yes. Marvel VS Capcom 4 happens.

But all Marvel characters have their shitty movie looks.

>Why the fuck haven't Capcom franchised the fuck out of DMC?

They got 4 games and a fake game dude and some kind of anime thing doesnt it? Thats a franchise if I ever seen one.

Yes of course technically it's very much a franchise.

I was more just talking in terms of finding a good groove and making a few similar games back to back when that's all people really want. Not trying to re-invent the Wheel when nobody is asking for it.

The difference is that call of duty has been the same every installment, and shit from the first one.

They feel their other franchises are a more reliable bet. So they made a dmc pachinko which will guarantee them more money.

>All Marvel characters have their movie looks.
[SCREAMING EXTERNALLY]

You think you want a similar DMC game every other year, but if it actually happened I dont think you would.

And the fact that it's the same game each time is the reason why they can publish them so often. Creativity and getting a good result is not something that happens as fast as you think.

>So they made a dmc pachinko which will guarantee them more money.
Pachinko is a safe bet, little investment with pretty much guarenteed returns.

Fullblown games are riskier, but generally bring in more profits when successful.

>You think you want a similar DMC game every other year, but if it actually happened I dont think you would.
Not for an entirety of course.

But I could take 3 similar games for 6 years, easily.

>DMC5
>Dante wears a black jacket
>entire fan base loses their shit and starts googling the creative lead
>find out he has slight pedophilia, at least according to their countries' standards
>begin to harass him with memes like BLACKED
>get assblasted because the gameplay doesn't have accidental animation cancelling like DMC3
>complain for the next 5 years about DMC5

It'll go something like this

Go home Tameem.

>And the fact that it's the same game each time is the reason why they can publish them so often.

People say this about Call of Duty but it's really not the case.

Yes, they follow a gameplay formula, but the franchise has gone through some pretty significant changes over the years. Just compare Call of Duty 4 to Infinite Warfare now.

I think it's perfectly understandable to not like CoD, hell I don't anymore; but saying it's the same game every year is just dishonest.

>accidental
Riiight.

The only people who praise DMC are those who owned only one game for two years straight.

It would actually be a lot easier than that.

>release a new title that's just Bloody Palace plus a smaller than usual stage that's designed around just combat, no puzzles or extended running areas
>co-op enabled for both
>this stage has multiple missions available including a boss, all presented as new cases from Dante's shop
>over the next few years release new stages with new bosses, enemies, and missions
>also fill the gap between releases with new costumes, characters, and weapons
>occasionally release "classic" content like stages and bosses from DMC1 and 3
>non-canon so they can fill it with all kinds of stuff and what-ifs like Dante vs Sparda
>make so much bank you'd think it was SF4

It's all it would take and it would keep fans happy while they wait for DMC5.

>it's a "plz talk about my shitty game series, Cred Forums" thread
Get the fuck off my Cred Forums

I'm sorry next time I'll make a twitter screencap or frog thread.

They have tried exactly that twice.

When Kamiya accidentally'd Resident Evil 4 and turned it into Devil May Cry the first thing Capcom did was take some project no-one cared about and tried to morph it into DMC2; we all know how that turned out for them. DMC3 came fairly quickly because it was basically Itsuno treating 2 as a raw concept and building from there, and then for 4 they decided to give Itsuno more room (until they meddled last minute anyway). After this Itsuno wanted a break from it to make Dragon's Dogma, and at first Capcom remembered DMC2 and decided it was best to just let DMC lie until Itsuno could get back into it, but then some genius had the idea of franchising the fuck out of it and getting some other people in to make a game, which is where DmC comes in.

The problem with it is DMC is very complicated in terms of how it's made, and it takes someone very talented to make it all work without just copy-pasting everything. Anyone who is talented enough to make it work will either want to make it their own which would mean more time, or just not touch and make something else.

I just looked at Steamspy and how the fuck did DmC: Devil may Cry sell more than DMC3, DMC4 and DMC4SE combined?

Just phrase your fucking OP better. Instead of whining, just say "DMC general". Fuck

>The problem with it is DMC is very complicated in terms of how it's made, and it takes someone very talented to make it all work without just copy-pasting everything. Anyone who is talented enough to make it work will either want to make it their own which would mean more time, or just not touch and make something else.

I still don't think this would be that big of a problem if some kind of quality blueprints were made by Itsuno. Just some kind of guide that's "Here's how you make DMC good." and maybe try to hand it to a different director so Itsuno can work on what he likes.

Ninja Theory doomed DmC the second they decided to have it run on Unreal instead of MT framework. I actually don't think Unreal is a bad engine, but that meant they had to make everything from scratch.

And DMC2, well, that was made to be a different game until like 60-70% into development. It was unsalvageable.

DmC came out when Steam was big, DMC4 didn't.

Also DmC has been in humble bundles a bunch of times.

because the number of gamers is growing every year

>Just phrase your fucking OP better. Instead of whining, just say "DMC general". Fuck
I know this is hard to believe in this ADHD ridden place but writing a lengthy OP post is not illegal.

>Capcom announce a Ghost Rider X Devil May Cry crossover game

>Gameplay is a CO-OP multiplayer DMC game.

There are two main stories to choose from: DMC and SOV (Spirits of Vengenace).

The DMC story playable characters include Dante, Vergil (yes, he comes back; this is a Marvel game so lrn2retcon) and Trish (or Nero if you want a sausage-fest IDK).

SOV characters include Blaze, Ketch-aniki (blue flame version), and Micheal Badilino AKA Vengenance AKA fuck bone-claw Wolverine.

Typical Edgy the Edgehog Devil May Cry plot. Marvel characters can appear though.

Bosses include: Spider Asshole from DMC1, Blackheart, and Nicolas Cage.

Rival boss fights somewhere in the middle of the game:

1. Blaze vs. Dante
2. Ketch vs. Vergil
3. Badilino vs Trish

Final Boss is Mundphisto with some epic Metalcore shit playing in the background

Capcom hates me and all of us, that's why

Blueprints/guides wouldn't really mean shit; look at DmC, despite its whole gay cowboy edgy fuck you business it did at least try to emulate the combat (it failed, but it tried) and they had three solid games to draw inspiration from, then for the DLC they had Itsuno walk them through everything step-by-step and it was still shit.

Gameplay design is basically meaningless if you don't have the creative problem solving capabilities to take the design and make it work in game, to cut what doesn't work and build upon what does, to fiddle and change until it's perfect and adapt it along the way. Look at the original concept art for Dragon's Dogma and read the original concepts and design philosophies for example, then compare that to the final product; there are a million different ways it could have actually turned out based on those blueprints.

DMC ended where it should have. There was nothing new they could add to the combat to make it more interesting.

They expected DMC4 to surpass Call of Duty.
Then they expect DmC to surpass God of War.
Then they expected DMC4:SE to sell as much as DMC4.
The CAPCOM powers that be don't know how their own business works.

>expected DMC4:SE to sell as much as DMC4.
said literally nobody
even DMC3SE didn't sell as much as DMC3 which in itself sold poorly due to DMC2

Audience expansion and the majority of 3 and 4's sales not being on Steam.

>despite its whole gay cowboy edgy fuck you business it did at least try to emulate the combat (it failed, but it tried)
Well they emulated Nero decently.
Donte is about as complex as Nero when it comes to combat (though definitely a bit slower, even though Nero is already kind of slow). He also acts VERY similarly to Nero, with a tiny bit more attitude.

I almost feel like Ninja Theory played through part of DMC4 with Nero and really liked him the most, so made a sequel with Nero but instead called him Dante, for weird reasons I guess.

They emulated Nero decently only in the sense that they poorly copied a bunch of shit he could do, but that didn't really matter when the core gameplay and its mechanics were trash.

>DMC1 is great sold decently enough
>DMC2 is shit, but sold well because of it being a sequel to DMC1
>DMC3 is great, but sold poorly due to the damage of DMC2
>DMC4 is good but half finished, but sold well enough due to DMC3 ignoring Capcom's retarded expectations
>DmC is mediocre, but sold like shit because alienating fans of a niche because of Capcom doing fuckall with it series with niche gameplay to attract a new playerbase turned out to be a disaster
will DMC5 be the best game ever, sell well and restart the action game genre?

>Blueprints/guides wouldn't really mean shit; look at DmC, despite its whole gay cowboy edgy fuck you business it did at least try to emulate the combat (it failed, but it tried) and they had three solid games to draw inspiration from, then for the DLC they had Itsuno walk them through everything step-by-step and it was still shit.

DmC's combat wasn't really shit due to incompetence though, it was simply deliberately bad and casual design.

Yes, I know someone will link me a video of DmC bugging the fuck out, but it's really quite a polished game overall, good weight behind swings, nice animations. The problem is that DmC is deliberately casual. The ranking system? The new controls? The color coded enemies? The insanely fucking easy aerial combat and crowd control? That shit wasn't by mistake, it was by design. DmC was designed to be more casual and approachable. That's why you S rank so fucking easily despite people complaining about it pre-launch, that's why they left Colored Coded enemies in despite people saying that's a shitty fucking idea as soon as fans saw it.

DmC's design choices are a travesty for core fans, but for casual newcomers? They all make perfect sense, DmC was designed to easily make you feel like you were great at the game.

>Well they emulated Nero decently.

Nero by default is kind of trash, it's why any montage video is going to be of Dante (or now Vergil) 99% of the time.
But yes. Donte plays like a worse Nero.

They're both cheeky cunts. Donte is more of a dick though.
I honest to god think that somewhere along the line Tameem either mixed up Nero with Dante, or just really wanted to make a Nero game but Capcom told him he had to use Dante.

Capcom is fucking weird. Sometimes they deliver the absolute tightest shit and then they go on a rampage of absolutely destroying the hopes and dreams of their fans. Why don't they just look at which of their franchises sold well and then do the exact same shit again? I couldn't care less about "rehashing", it worked for Nintendo over decades and worked for the entirety of the Souls franchise and countless others. Why not for DMC, Megaman and Dragon's Dogma?

>nice animations
kek

>that's why they left Colored Coded enemies in despite people saying that's a shitty fucking idea as soon as fans saw it.
Even a casual will hate the color coded enemies. Only the retarded will think that forcefully removing player option lest you DT, ignoring DE adds variety or tactical depth.

A Dragons dogma 2 is far more likely than DMC5.
People just forget how fucking long DD takes though. It took them 5 years for the first game to be 2/3 complete and released unfinished. We won't be getting 2 til 2019 at the earliest.

I would say the VD expansion is the exception actually.

Donte's animations in the main game are actually great, good mix of Nero and Dante's fighting styles. but they completely dropped the ball on the animations with Vergil. Probably due to less time and budget.

I won't defend that shit.

>wanted to make a Nero game
>Nero by Tameme Andonlades

>Even a casual will hate the color coded enemies. Only the retarded will think that forcefully removing player option lest you DT, ignoring DE adds variety or tactical depth.

Trust me, you would be amazed how many people play DMC just mashing attack.

They literally have to force people to try different weapons.

Nero's fine to play as, he has less options than Dante (a tumblr gender questionnaire has less options than Dante) and is built differently but that doesn't make him trash you pleb.

do you agree with him?

He worded himself extremely badly but I get what he's saying.

DD2 is actually far more unlikely because they sunk their funding for it into DDO and Deep Down and they've just spiralled all over the place. Even moreso when you factor all the DMC5 hints and leaks over the past year.

similar statement was made by Itsuno

I agree, he did not at all design around what people wanted.

>A Dragons dogma 2 is far more likely than DMC5.

I'm sorry user but no. It was just way too ambitious and expensive.

Take comfort in the fact that Dragon's Dogma was a new IP that still managed to outsell DmC and Dark Arisen+PC version ultimately made it sell 500k more than DmC in the end.

That does make me feel better

So basically what castlevania harmony of despair did ? I'm okay with that

Exactly. If that game was still alive I'd STILL be playing it, and I imagine a DMC set up in a similar way would be just as good.

>expensive
this
i'd take either of them, but expecting DMC is far more realistic

>The Open World Fantasy epic vs The Reboot nobody asked for and every fan hated.
>DD still only manages 100k more sales than DmC.

And people wonder why companies don't bother with new IP's.

>A brand new IP no-one had even heard of with no advertisement outside of nipland vs the reboot no-one asked for that was advertised and shilled to hell and back

DD outselling DmC even by such a small amount is still a victory, user.

What? Dragon's Dogma was heavily advertised. I remember it well.

>shilled to hell and back
is it true that either on /vg/ or Cred Forums a Ninja Theory PR came here to shill?

youtube.com/watch?v=J_PsJ4ObyUU

>DMC is even less profitable than Sengoku Basara in JP
>in JP
Because SB has a huge fujo following in Japan. As a fanbase they're extremely profitable because they're zealous.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TnwMUjojWc

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLi9QthkIOI

>Dem nice post-proccessing effects on DT vergil.

People who say DMC4SE didn't improve on the visuals are full of shit.

Nero has a lot of depth in gameplay (revving the sword correctly actually takes a lot of skill and work) but it doesn't translate into flashy things - it just does more damage and makes enemies easier to control.

>ut it doesn't translate into flashy things - it just does more damage and makes enemies easier to control.

I wouldn't say it isn't flashy. Nero gets a bunch of different animations for his Exceed moves. Same with his DT.

He's simpler sure, but he has flashy shit.

The only improved visuals were literally the new characters though.
Like, Vergil / Trish / Kat look so much better and have way better looking animations than Dante and Nero it's night and day.

>Kat
you mean Lady
no I don't know who the cosplayer is

Why do I keep forgetting that DmC Vergil has a katana, not a rapier?

They did improve the visuals for Dante and Nero though.

Stuff like Lucifer has new effects, and Dante will look more like a blurry tornado when he does his Rainstorm.

Is Cred Forums the only website on the internet that cares about DMC? Normies don't even know about DMC anymore and even "gamers" don't give a fuck about it, to the extent of defending DmC.

I wouldn't be surprised if that whole CURAYZEE thing was just a Cred Forums thing.

Who cares about other sites and normalfags?

>CURAYZEE thing was just a Cred Forums thing
yes. It's a Cred Forums /vg/ meme

Nah, the thirst for DMC is real.

It's Capcom's fifth biggest franchise after SF, RE, MH and MM, it also has a sizeable fujoshi following. DMC4SE came out 8 years after the original and still blew past expectations.

Yeah, or they'll introduce a new character to take the spotlight while Dante is in the backseat and fans will totally pan the game and never give it a chance, much less make threads asking for more with a picture of artwork from that game 8 years after the fact.

I'm going to be as serious as possible here; Capcom (not Capcom America, don't go bitching to them, their job is to listen to HQ and that's it) no longer finds (You) their older fans a substantial investment. As a business they're not wrong - the gaming market has changed over the pass 10 years, we now have successful video games on phones, most of this market has been taken over be the new generation who do not find the DMC brand interesting enough to buy Capcom's product at 59.99.

DmC Reboot - To make makers worst, Capcom released a reboot to series in the middle of the new generation PRIME, so now we have new generation who likes DmC Reboot, never played the old DMC. If we assume that most DMC fans boycotted DmC Reboot the game still sold over 1 millions copies. Had this been a new IP that would most likely have been a successful number.

Now turn off your fanboy for one second and let's look at DMC4SE - DMC4SE is not a good game. Not only is it bad for today's standard but it's bad even in our standards. They "ran out of money", Dante said it himself, so how do you think a newfag would react when playing the original DMC series? Not to mention, the learning curve is as high as fighters if you want to make the most out of the game (which they are not going to do because it's their first time and unless they like Marvel vs Capcom they will not want to invest that amount of time in the game). To put short; DMC3SE with DMC4SE graphics would have been a better game to market to newfags.

There are two game that will get this right in the future; Nioh and NieR. These two games hold our fate.

>Nioh shill
Opinion discarded, you're probably the same faggot who spams those webms in every thread

>Mention Nioh and NieR at the end of my post
>That 1%
>Shill

>DmC Reboot - To make makers worst, Capcom released a reboot to series in the middle of the new generation PRIME, so now we have new generation who likes DmC Reboot, never played the old DMC. If we assume that most DMC fans boycotted DmC Reboot the game still sold over 1 millions copies. Had this been a new IP that would most likely have been a successful number.

I don't see how this is a problem though? Did you forget how DmC ended? It wouldn't be hard to ease DmC fans into old DMC.

Make DMC5, but drop the 5. Have the game take place in the timeline after 3 where Vergil is corrupted and Dante is just starting out his demon hunting business. Also, have an optional control scheme.

Here you have a DMC that DmC fans could easily understand and play, all the while old fans would be happy with having the old canon and Itsuno back on board.

>this autist again
Fuck off nigger.

No need to pander to DmCfags. Nips absolutely despised the game and it bombed over there. It was simply a flop.

Nips aren't everyone though.

DmC almost sold 2 million copies, only 1.3 mil at launch, but that isn't nothing.

You could easily set a new DMC during a period that makes sense for people who only have played DmC, and you wouldn't have to compromise on old DMC at all thanks to how DmC ended. DmC fans don't care about the details.

They're not going to pander to DmC fan, nor are they going to drop the 5 and reboot the game again. And I doubt DMC5 will be as technical as DMC4 unless they run out of money again and forget to do some testing. - selling us another buggy unfinished DMC game. It'll still be as technical demanding as DMC3 though with a little musou salt added on top (Musou being the way Vergil plays in DMC4SE).

>Nips absolutely despised the game
>All the DmC Combo MADs are made by NIPs
Try again.

1.3 million after an entire year, m8.

No, 1.3 during 60 dollars.

1.8 million after a bunch of humble bundles and sales, +DmC:DE after that however those numbers are unknown.

>Nips aren't everyone though.
Nips, my man, are the biggest consumers of this market and the biggest consumers of this genre. See pic related.

>DmC almost sold 2 million copies, only 1.3 mil at launch, but that isn't nothing.
Hol up. Second post incoming.

>videos are made by couple of nips
>including Brea who shat on the game
Numbers are still there. The game flopped over there.

>DmC almost sold 2 million copies, only 1.3 mil at launch, but that isn't nothing.
>that isn't nothing
Keep this in mind while looking at this picture:
1. DmC, even though it is a reboot, is a next installemnt of this franchise and it was expected to sell more than DMC4
2. They outsourced another studio which ranks up the cost AND they still had to help them out and monitor them constantly elongating the development hell
3. Game sold embarrassingly low compared to everything released prior
4. DE sold like 70k globally while DMC4SE sold over 300k

It DOESN'T matter that they sold 1.3 mil after reducing the expectations multiple time. Those numbers are still a flop and a loss.

I mean yeah that's what any artist would say. Giving the same shit to the fans would make it boring for creative directors and it would make a series stale, you have to spice things up. That's what he said in that image and that's true.

>Numbers are still there.
Do you have the japanese sales numbers?

Brea didn't shit on the game, he even made a combo mad for it.

Literally google eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-24-dmc-sells-half-of-what-dmc4-did-in-japan

>he
Fuck yourself newfag. And read the post again, she made the video and said the game blows back when the demo was released.

Also no X-Men.

I have to thank you for posting that. I needed a reminder to not value people's opinions.

Dante can still rock the black leather jacket outfit.

I wish he had something like this in DMC4 instead of that uncle Donte alt.

Look at this uninformed DMCfag.

Quotes from some dude name Brea while playing DmC DMC;
>"I need D"M"C5..."
Don't we all. This isn't "shitty" on the game as you said though. It's just a simply displeased comment.

>"lol many many many many Glitches. but,uh...It's OK. i likes Glitch."
This is actually being positive about DmC DMC. But these games all rely on bugs, glitches, and exploits.

Check & Mate faggot. Now yell some more.

I have to thank you for replying, because that's the only reason I do it. - To get a response outta you.

Thanks bae.

>1. DmC, even though it is a reboot, is a next installemnt of this franchise and it was expected to sell more than DMC4
No it wasn't, pic related is from Capcom's 2012 annual report. 2 million was the target, which it missed. But that's lower than DMC4, which was a disappointment at 2.5.

>2. They outsourced another studio which ranks up the cost AND they still had to help them out and monitor them constantly elongating the development hell
DmC wasn't in development hell, it started full time production at around 2010 after Enslaved. And came out in January 2013. 3 years is about what a game takes to make. They had to monitor them pretty closely though. But outsourcing is generally done because it's cheaper. Britain also has easier taxes on game devs.

>3. Game sold embarrassingly low compared to everything released prior
Not really. It definitely didn't hit its target at just 1.3 million on launch, goal being 2 million. But it sold 1.3 during launch window and currently sits at 1.8 million. DmC:DE sales are unknown.

>4. DE sold like 70k globally while DMC4SE sold over 300k
That was only in the UK I believe, I would guess DmC:DE sold something like 200k and DMC4:SE about 500k or over.

Offical sources:
DmC's launch sales: capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html
DmC's overall sales: capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

I just wanted an HD version of his DMC1 attire

To this day I think that's his best design

same

>Yeah, or they'll introduce a new character to take the spotlight while Dante is in the backseat and fans will totally pan the game and never give it a chance, much less make threads asking for more with a picture of artwork from that game 8 years after the fact.
just like DMC4

>They're not going to pander to DmC fan
>Donte color alt in DMC4SE
>V4rgil's teleport works similar to Vorgil's teleport
>some of Vorgil's combos were implemented for V4rgil

DMC5 is coming.

I can feel it.

Naysayers will call out for their savior in vain when the vaunted day arises.

>DMC5 is coming
I'd sooner believe Ninja Gaiden 4 and Bayonetta 3 for the Xbone happening

The colors of Dante's alt in the SE are totally different from Donte's

>>V4rgil's teleport works similar to Vorgil's teleport
>>some of Vorgil's combos were implemented for V4rgil
Itsuno's team made Vorgil DLC for DmC.

It's happening and there's nothing you can do.
I hope.

It's based on Donte, it even has the same pose.

:[

sweet
DMC4SE story dlc

>Itsuno's team made Vorgil DLC for DmC.

Take one quick glance at the credits of VD and you'll realize what you're saying is a lie.

>Nioh and NieR

LMAOING @ UR SHIT TASTE

And what do you play? Bloody Palace May Cry and....?

And I bet I'm better at Bloody Palce May Cry than you

Holy shit, I've thought about it like two days ago.
I mean, it would be mediocre series with its unique gameplay and not really big fan base. There's bunch of such series which are still alive. I guess it have really big problem with profitability. The same suits to God Hand.
Dunno if it's good idea though. I'd like to see good DMC5 and DMC and God Hand HD on PC more than this.

You mean DMC4SE DLC costumes.

I would if I could FUCKING PLAY IT!!

DDO West already you nip fucks!

>>V4rgil's teleport works similar to Vorgil's teleport
Lousy as DmC is, that was a neat gimmick. Would've been cool if V4rgil (Vargil?) could warp smaller enemies over to him with his swords the same way Vorgil can warp platforms closer in VD.

DmC:DMC:Devil May Cry DE:De:Definitive Edition

DMC3 and DMC4 released in a time where Steam did not exist as the monopoly it now is, and playing such games on a PC was unheard of.

The results are completely different on consoles.

Also DMC4SE sold remarkably well for what is basically the same game with the DLC bundled again.

>I'M BETTER THAN YOU!!! 1v1 me faget

Found the underage tard.

>Also DMC4SE sold remarkably well for what is basically the same game with the DLC bundled again.

This.

I'm amazed DMC4SE could move 150k copies on Steam. Shit is already out on the same platform. I imagine it must have sold more than double that on consoles.

You still haven't named any games. And you suck at DMC4.

Also DMC4 on Steam was released like a year after retail PC release.

Protip kiddo: Being a free shill isn't a requirement to post here.

You still have to be 18 or older though. Sorry.

And you stil;l haven't named any games, and you still suck at DMC. I'm more of a supporter and player than you. You're probably just some lorefag.

you're actually making DMC fans look like juvenile idiots, but do continue to argue with that user, I'll just make some popcorn

And you still haven't named any games user. And you still suck at DMC user. At the end of the day you are shit at DMC.

I'm not the user you argued with, are you seriously that retarded that you can't even understand the meaning of "do continue to argue with THAT user" in my previous post?

This argument is cringe-worhty, just let it end.

Friendly reminder that Ace Attorney got a 15th anniversary announcement while DMC got nothing.

Capcom is apparently allergic to money.

If DMC5 really was announced soon, what would be better - story of Nero's origins or saving post-DMC2 Dante from demon world?

Both are horrible ideas

so give a better one

>Pretending to be someone else
Ok new guy.

Since you're taking his place, since you wanna be a HERO! You're still shit at DMC and you haven't named any games.

Quite literally anything else

This

None of the DMC games make sense when taken in any kind of chronological order, why should 5's have to make sense?

You are now forcibly remembering the surprisingly good Ghost Rider god of war clone.

What's it like for a normie living in the dmc world? Do you live in fear every day that some monster may jump out of nowhere and tear you a new asshole? Do you have to rely on these demon hunters to kill them?

Bayonetta's origin story where you travel back in time to save Eva, Dante and Vergil, and allow them to live a normal life.

>story of Nero's origins

Literally what is there to tell? He's Vergil's son. That's why he's got the demon arm. Vergil knocked some Fortuna chick up.

Also DMC2 is "canon" and will forever be pushed down the timeline to non-existence were it belongs.

It's literally like our world.

Fuck off

>Capcom works on Marvel and Disney IP's.
Honestly if it meant Capcom making more money and thus having more money to make the games people actually want, I'd have no problem with this whatsoever.

>yfw Marvel vs. Capcom 4
>yfw Disney vs. Capcom
>yfw S.H.I.E.L.D. action game that played like Resident Evil 6, where you played as characters like Captain America, Bucky Barnes, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Taskmaster, etc.
>yfw DMC-esque Deadpool game
>yfw new Mickey Mouse and/or Donald Duck 2D platformers

yeah, that ain't helping much.
They do need to somehow put the final nail in the coffin of the old debate on who is Nero's daddy. And some people would like to see the design of demon world, they probably hope it would bring back the dark and gothic atmosphere.

Me personally wouldn't mind some random jobs where Dante and Nero split the work, their clashing personalities lifted the mood in 4.

>They do need to somehow put the final nail in the coffin of the old debate on who is Nero's daddy
No, that was settled years ago, do you even know what you're talking about?

Because the game is broken on windows 10 and there's no fix

I know how certain fans can be, I don't want to see any more "if it ain't in the game it ain't canon"

They did, they franchised out and made DmC, you didn't like it.

Supposedly the devs were flabbergasted people even considered the fact that he wasn't.

Guess people Nero's and Dante's age didn't line up and having Vergil be a Daddy at like 18.

>All Devil May Cry conversations ends up being about DmC somehow
I just wanna talk about Dante

Inafune, pls.

Ryu Hayabusa origin story where he travels back in time to stop Mundus before he takes over the demon world.

Wouldn't that cause time paradox? You know, cause Sparda becoming a traitor and protector of humans led him to eventually meet Eva.

someone post that comic of Eva being an umbran witch and Sparda being Madam Butterfly's brother.

It's been hours and that faggot user DMC wannabe still sucks at DMC and still haven't named any games. I love calling garbage tier casuals out.

That's why Dante doesn't exist in NG's world, it makes sense.

Eva is probably from DoA?

Well, if Trish is her copy in more than just looks...

Fuck the cops.

Oh man, that's fucking hilarious

>DMC4 makes a shit load of money
>Capcom doesn't bother to make DMC5 in the few years after it

I will always question Capcom.

Dante and hell

>Lucia hears a bike and runs outside, it's Nero
>Lucia tells Nero what's happened, they go to hell together to save Dante
>Find Trish and Lady already there and looking for him
>All four playable, each with two styles; Swordmaster and Trapper for Trish, Devilbringer and Royalguard for Nero, Gunslinger and Sharpshooter (basically two versions of Gunslinger, one for close-quarters kata and one for ranged stuff to allow for expanded Gunslinging) for Lady, Trickster and expanded Quicksilver for Lucia
>Nero has an angel and devil shadowing him trying to influence his actions
>They find Dante who's doing absolutely fine and just stuck around in hell to look for Vergil; Lucia comments on him seeming more upbeat than before and it's never mentioned again
>Dante uses all eight styles, has customisable weapon slots (can take two or three or all arms/guns ordered as you like)
>Mundus, Arkham, and Sanctus team up to try and take Sparda and Yamato
>The angel and devil are Credo and Vergil who become playable in SE

But they do. Why do they not?

There aren't any angels in dmc tho

Because for its time DMC4 was a very lavish production and Itsuno wanted to make Dragon's Dogma.

If DMC4 was made today 2.5 million would probably be great. But developers technology and console hardware wasn't so great back then, so ton of optimization and hard work was needed.

Just because you can't see them right now doesn't mean we aren't there.

Itsuno talked in one of the promotional videos for DMC4SE how his vision includes only human world and demon world. No actual angels, just false ones.

>we aren't there.
Hmmm

Devs confirmed they don't exist and this is why they were introduced in DmC, because westerners found a world with demons but no angels confusing.

>DMC lore
Nigger I just want to play as Credo

Me too.

Credo was made demon, nothing really stops him from being in the demon world

>DMC5 comes out
>all nice and good
>Credo's DLC later comes out and it's about him scouring the demon world with his demonic knights to find Sparda
CAPCOM PLEASE

Aside from his soul rather clearly ascending to the heavenly realm.

Nigga what

he turned to pixie dust, nothing said where that stuff went. If you think that because of shiny, then you missed some of the "heavenly" areas of demon world.

youtu.be/3WWmTFYX-jg?t=2m5s
Pixie dust all went skywards niggers

directly in the direction the director wanted it to

the director that says there is no heavenly realm

Manga mentions how angels fucked off without caring much about humans and there's an enemy in DMC3 which are basically fallen angels.

>skywards
Yeah. Remember how you get to hell in DMC3? It's literally in the sky.

Demon world IS up.

I wonder what shitstorm would bring DMC5's new art style. I mean art style so far has changed with every game in the series, but this time we were stuck to DMC4's art for 8+ years.

Cred Forums always finds a reason to shit on games and even if everything will go right, my bet is it'll be the one thing you people will shit on.

> They're hellish conquistadores.

I need this.

No angels doesn't equate to no afterlife.
That was a crafted portal which Vergil fell downwards into.

>That was a crafted portal which Vergil fell downwards into.
Nigga what?

The portal was made by a ritual. See DMC4 where they're created to be ground level. Vergil falls off a cliff which is why he can't escape, whereas as is hell's up bro lol he'd have just fallen back out of it.

Bruv, lol, they were already literally in hell. Vergil just fell on a lower level that you visit prior. Temen Ni Gru is designed to shoot you upwards into the hell.

Temen Ni Gru was a connection to underworld.
Hell was visited in DMC2.

Via a portal made by a ritual just like the ones in DMC4 which are not up bruv lol ecks dee

Thread's theme
youtube.com/watch?v=UhGqiPfPApY
Real sequel to DMC1 when?

bayonetta

kek

portal placement proves nothing, or should I say "Beam me up, Scotty!"
hell is entirely different dimension, different plane of existence, one cannot fall out of it just by falling off a high place, but it doesn't mean it ain't up in relation to human world

The fact every single trip to or from hell has involved keeping vertically level aside from the one special snowflake ritual tower does mean it ain't up, nigger

Christ, the DmC animations are so fucking bad. Did anyone ever make a comparison between the DMC4:SE and DmC animations?

>I just wanted an HD version of his DMC1 attire
Same here.

Don't worry, Donte's got you covered :^)

I genuinely want Bayonetta x Devil May Cry already. Give it to Platinum Games (who else?), let Kamiya direct (of course). Make it more of a sequel to his Devil May Cry game, with some influences from Itsuno's (like actually putting in Vergil as a counterpart to Jeanne).

It could be a real classic.

Not in a million sales.

It's funny, because he at least legitimately looks better with that on than whatever the fuck his default look is.

>Did anyone ever make a comparison between the DMC4:SE and DmC animations?
Yes, I don't have the webm though.

>Give it to Platinum Games (who else?), let Kamiya direct (of course)
Hell no. Keep that cancer away.

>let Kamiya direct
No
Itsuno AND Kamiya as a co-director

Someone in /cgg/ did side-by-side webms showing how each game handled similar animations.

Anyone else have it? How was this never uploaded to YT?

>get Capcom and SEGA to make Bayonetta x Devil May Cry
>DON'T involve the people who created Bayonetta
>DON'T get the guy who created both Devil May Cry and Bayonetta to direct it

I could get behind this, though the difference in design philosophies might clash.

Yeah iirc I remember someone doing that back when I frequented /cgg/. I wish I had 'em.

>accidental
Nice try Tameem

DMC3 PC is a notoriously bad port whereas DmC was the only way at the time to play above like 25 fps.

I think Kamiya and Itsuno would work very well together, both come from Capcom and each of them make amazing games

some genius had the idea of franchising the fuck out of it and getting some other people in to make a game, which is where DmC comes in.
That "some genius" was Inafune, who suggested it because he thought Western devs were more competent and would handle their franchises better.

/cgg/ was cancer. glad it's gone for good.

What, they shit on your tastes?

No-one cares Talesfag

Reminder that Berseria is shit and that it sold worse than Zestiria.

>What, they shit on your tastes?
Kinda. They accept games like mitsurugi kamui hikae and some indie called we shall wake and then they would not accept games with real combos and more depth. /cgg/ was one big contradiction run by the big bad boogie man Aps.

P.S. They also like Transformers.

Thing is, Kamiya is a big fan of the more linear, bombastic, arcadey approach to action games, the sorts with lots of impressive QTEs and scripted events. Not that he doesn't have a taste of level design as well, since Bayonetta and W101 both had tons of secrets and areas off the beaten path to explore, that you might've even missed your first time playing the game. But he's a huge fan of God of War and that influence has bled into his game design. You can even notice some similarities to that game even as far back as DMC1, where there were plenty of moments that were almost like something out of GoW, which is no surprise considering the inspirations GoW took from that game.

Itsuno on the other hand generally eschews QTEs and scripted segments for a more old school approach, essentially focusing on the other aspects of DMC gameplay, like exploration, puzzle-solving, the occasional platforming segment. But more importantly, with the combat, it's less over-the-top, more grounded, and trades out sheer number of combos for a 'less is more' approach. And his boss fights are more old school approaches where you're locked into a room against a boss and you have to take his health down before they take yours down, with no real QTEs or cinematics to get in your way.

IIRC, they like each other though and are friends, and DMC and Bayonetta are at least close enough that they could probably come up with something unique and somewhere between the two franchises that could really work.

>Aps
What games were you trying to recommend anyway?

I'm convinced people who don't think Nero is an in-depth character also don't use Calibur.

It's a fucking aerial streak that lunges you forward mid-air, it's easily one of his best moves and not just for attacking but for movement aswell.

Don't be a pleb, use Calibur.

MKH and Transformers are pretty good.

That shit's so cash, especially when you cancel it with an enemy step or a devil trigger and use the charge shot fuck me

Both of their approaches are like arcade games, you're meant to basically practice each chapter in both Bayo and DMC until you can do it perfectly with no damage to get the highest ranking, and until that point the game is determined to eat your quarters until you cry

I spent my heart and soul trying to explore tech in transformers and they liked it at first but then Mr Alps made everyone hate it by posting dumb transformer tech memes. I don't know why people can't make decisions for themselves.

MKH has more depth in its first level than Tales of has in its entire series.

what is mkh, i can't remember for the life of me

In any case this discussion is pointless as DMC x Bayo is pretty much a NEVER EVER

Can't you use google you retarded faggot?

True but they're still different.

Kamiya's modern games are very much influenced by the more modern 7th gen and onward action games. They're very linear with segmented levels, QTEs, setpieces, scripted events, etc. It's all designed to keep you moving forward. Not to mention the combat has a two button attack scheme that's very typical of most modern action games.

Itsuno's are more old school in approach, with less linear level design, actual puzzles, a single large environment to run through, and so on. They're more like a 5th gen or 6th gen game.

While they're similar, they're also pretty different.

I mean, it COULD happen.

Hey samefag, I haven't said anything about them so why do you keep bringing them up?

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae. It's been said earlier in the thread.

>what is mkh
YO YO WE IN DIS BITCH
CEE GEE GEE ENTERTAINMENT

youtu.be/jzVNL-tZnAE

>People say Nero is shallow
>They don't calibur
>They don't roullete
>They don't charge their shots
>They don't use Devil Bringer defensively
>They don't table hop
>They don't even try to be exact
>But shuffle is cool, I wish they gave him more stuff like that

Because they did more than enough games with the old characters and formula.

It ws time for something new. Better swing and fail than staying the same

Because it's obviously you.

Why can't Vergil stop making bastards all over the place?

So he can motivate the human race

How would it work though?
Can Ryu Hayabusa make a guest appearance?

>There only exist one person in this world with dislike towards /cgg/

>Capcom working hand-in-hand with Sega
>Capcom hiring Platinum
>Kamiya ever doing anything for Capcom

No it couldn't.

Guess what nigger, I did, try it yourself and see how well it works

You fucking overreactive faggot

But that's literally what they did with Nero and DMC4 sold better than DmC.

And hell, we only had four games with Dante, since he was the only real constant between them all, up until Trish and Lady showed up in vanilla 4.

And it's not like we couldn't have gotten anything else, like a Sparda prequel or something.

Nice Photoshop dude.

DMC4 sold a lot worse than DMC. DMC was the best selling entry in the franchise.

He literally said Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae You retard.

There's only one person who exists in this world who proposed a game and got told it was too shallow and then reacted by having a shitfit about it which has lasted long after /cgg/ had the plug pulled and who brings it up in every Cred Forums thread where /cgg/ is mentioned, yes, and that person is you.

>Kamiya ever doing anything for Capcom
Kamiya said he would be fine with it.

kill self dumbass, how are you even intelligent enough to play the games we talk about

>How would it work though?
Like I said here:

>DMC and Bayonetta are at least close enough that they could probably come up with something unique and somewhere between the two franchises that could really work.

It'd have to be some sweet spot between the middle of the two games.

>>Capcom working hand-in-hand with Sega
Project x Zone says "hey."
>>Capcom hiring Platinum
It could happen in the future. Not the same company, but Konami hired Treasure for Gradius V and that was a similar situation.
>>Kamiya ever doing anything for Capcom
He's expressed interest in wanting to make a new DMC game, as well as new VJ, and Okami games before. If he were offered, he might work with them again.

See

>DMC4 sold a lot worse than DMC. DMC was the best selling entry in the franchise.
Is this a trick response? DmC didn't sell for shit, m8.

>says the brainfucked moron who can't even use google or follow a reply chain
Kick the chair faggot.

>DMC4 sold a lot worse than DMC.
>DMC was the best selling entry in the franchise.
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
Since when 3 million is less than 2.16 million?

Oh, he was talking about DmC.
Since when 3 million is less than 1.8 million?

You're being retarded on purpose, instead of admitting you fucked up you just decided to continue being belligerent because you WANT to be angry

Pretty sure he was being facetious given what his surrounding tweets say.

I fucked up because you're literally retarded?

That's weird because one of the them, one of those Talesfag you are referring to was in the Skype group. There was more than one Tales guy, it wasn't just one person. And I don't ever remember the one guy who got BTFO returning to /cgg/ after that one scene.

But I guess it's me.

Why the fuck is it so useless?

Ok, I understand a game will always have some underpowered moves, but how can it be THAT useless? It's a move that burns precious (PRECIOUS) guard meter, and what the fuck does it do? Soak up damage for people who probably have learnt to not get hit in the first place. Great, fantastic.

How did this make it past testing Capcom?

I don't know what you are talking about.
There have been 5 games user and like 3 special editions.
If anything it's impressive how well they've handled the franchise. There has only been like 2 blunders, and one of them is better than almost all games on the market.

isn't it the same with Kingdom Farts?

>This isn't "shitty" on the game
The game displeased her so much she started saying she wanted an actual sequel and that isn't shitting on the game? What?

Project x Zone is a low budget handheld title they could put a bit of money into and let be, not a high budget blockbuster with the kind of stakes that causes the executives to get nervous and meddle.

Could happen but it's unlikely, they weren't happy about Inaba's actions and they've rarely shown forgiveness before.

Best outfit coming through

Dumb buttcape.

ASSCAPE

>Project x Zone is a low budget handheld title they could put a bit of money into and let be, not a high budget blockbuster with the kind of stakes that causes the executives to get nervous and meddle.
Eh while true, I'm still hoping it gets made eventually.

I never got the hype for the DMC2 outfit. DMC1 look is still the best.

He actually looks kinda handsome here.

>I never got the hype for the DMC2 outfit. DMC1 look is still the best.
Best for posing, lower half doesn't get in the way of arms and creates a strong silhouette.
If you look at most of the poses they force the coat to stay down anyways so this just cuts out the middle man.

it also looks slick.

But it is just one person who to this very day refuses to let it go.

KHfags got bored and fucked off back to their own general to ERP and fap

I'm not. I miss /cgg/. Even when I got bullied for having a trip and playing Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge mostly for the femme fatale there was still a really sweet and cute user-kun who taught me so much about Ninja Gaiden. I miss learning from him.

He doesn't look that bad just in general, but Ninja theory kept contorting his face in weird ways during cutscenes.

Wasn't nearly as prevelant

>I never got the hype for the DMC2 outfit. DMC1 look is still the best.

Agreed.

Shitty gloves
Asscape
Hate the V-shape and popped collar on the jacket.

DMC1 Dante looks both romantic and professional, DMC2 Dante looks like a tryhard.

I use it to Real Impact shit without being bothered

>but Ninja theory kept contorting his face in weird ways during cutscenes.

That's most games with proper facial capture. It often just doesn't come out right and the characters look like retards when making a facial expression.

Because it's a shit series in a shit genre.

No one wants to buttonmash against the same few enemies down linear corridors and watch cutscenes in between.

>No one wants to buttonmash against the same few enemies down linear corridors and watch cutscenes in between
Then why do you play any video games?

gay

Where were you when kritikanon was around?

I haven't seen him since /cgg/ died

Anyone else think this Dante was the best?

He reminds me of myself, rebellious, non-conformist, tough and a sick sense of humour

Tam Tam, please leave

Also nihilistic.

WITNESSED

REPEATING DIGITS AGAIN

Holy fuck yes, but make it side scroller with the combo complexity of dmc3 but the fun and lighthearted story like Viewtiful Joe.

I play flight and racing sims. I don't care about this casual shit, and the numbers apparently show nobody else does either.

I think they're too broke to make anything but monhun and mobage these days.

Because Capcom and Japs in general suck at entertainment and expanding ideas. For fucks dake they gave up guns and electricity and kicked all traders out of their country because "muh heritage feels. Im scared of bigger different colored dicks fucking our women" and went backwards willingly and knew it would hurt them. They will pick choices based on feelings rather than fact and this is present in their trade deals. They arent even number one in tech, and havent been for years. USA is surprisingly. They are turning in to a straight consumer nation and most businesses established there by non natives have moved elsewhere to china or s korea.
Tl;dr they have never been good at marketing or original ideas, just reinventing the wheel over and over

>Im scared of bigger different colored dicks fucking our women
I'd banish the gaijin piggus who want to fuck my superior Nip waifus as well. Good on them.

>USA is surprisingly
Why is that surprising if it's been known for quite some time?

I find myself often imagining a scenario similar to this for DMC4.
A $39.99 price for the Nero campaign only. Pre-orders get a 33% discount off of the expansions.
An equal-length separate Dante campaign released as a $20 expansion including the Bloody Palace and unlockable costumes for both characters.
A $15~$20 expansion for Lady, Trish, and Vergil, with unlockable costumes for each plus Dante's old costumes, a new difficulty and a DMC3-style Bloody palace. At this point a physical DMC4: Ultimate Edition could be released.

Sure, the vanilla launch would be "meh", but what you'd end up with is basically the DMC4 we actually wanted.

Will DMC5 get announced at PSX?

>cod 1-waw was shit
Shit opinion

>Bloody Palace for $20
Fuck off

That sounds awful
No, next e3
Trust me my dad is istuno

>per capita

Desperate bergers

Lotta name calling and arguing in this thread
I just wanted to say Devil may cry is one of the most fun video games I've ever played, and the only dmc one I've played. Extremely fun combo combat, exciting boss fights, fun, BECAUSE it was cheesy dialogue. Wouldn't mind trying out the older ones but i don't have a playstation and 3 on steam is apparently emulated horribly. Anyone else love dmc 4?

>In-between DMC4 and DMC4SE there have been over 5 Sengoku Basara games.

You can't make this shit up.

>tfw suck at DMC games
feels bad

Which DMC do you mean by simply "Devil may cry" and then saying you want to try the older ones

The power of fujos siliconera.com/2010/05/04/sengoku-basara-producer-90-of-visitors-to-our-events-are-women/

Guy in the article missed the point but the fact that it's 90% females still stands.

>I just wanted to say Devil may cry 4 is one
I meant to put a 4 in there, fucked up, my bad

I like DMC4 dude

If you have a 360 the HD Collection for 1-3 is on there and still p cheap if you want to try them

I reccomend

Style Switcher mod fixes all the problems with 3 on PC, just turn the actual gameplay mods off for your first run (better to experience it pure first) and take advantage of the fixes.

Style Switcher is a gift from god. Mustard modders are truly based.

Skip to 24:00 for some fun youtube.com/watch?v=nls-hFyP8mE

>those wallruns in the 2nd fight
What a cheeky fuck.