Why do people spend thousands of dollars on PC's when you could spend that money on a used car or save it for a rainy...

Why do people spend thousands of dollars on PC's when you could spend that money on a used car or save it for a rainy day??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFMej_svPrY
youtube.com/watch?v=G4BAS6T_9J0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dumb frogposter

To play video games, idiot

Overcompensation. Owning a shiny $2000 toy is somehow enough for many people to boost their ego.

I'm not poor.

I bought a PC and saved thousands for holidays / rainy days.

Why would I need a car when I don't leave my house?

Better multitasking.

What if I already have a car?

Why do people spend thousands of dollars on consoles when you could spend that money on a used car or save it for a rainy day??

Why not PC and a car?

PCs run the world we live in. The fact that they also play games is just some additional gravy.

>thousands of dollars

Put an RX 460 in an office PC for 125$, there's your gayms.

Why do people spend money on anything other than the cheapest calories they can find, water, and a tiny shed to sleep in?

Because I don't 'just' use my PC for video games.

Video games is a bonus leisure enjoyment, but I also need it for work as I do a lot of 3D modelling and rendering.

Why the hell would I want a car over a fancy new battlestation?

youtube.com/watch?v=XFMej_svPrY

>nice car
>Panther shitbox
No

>Save money for a rainy day.

confused_girl_with_question_marks.png

youtube.com/watch?v=G4BAS6T_9J0

Why do people do anything when they're just gonna die anyways

what a fucking ugly car lmfao

i own all consoles and a 2016 Yaris

Why do frogs care about how other people spend their money?

The fuck is a Yaris that isn't even a real brand you mong unless you live in Europe in which case you should drive on the right side of the road instead of the left you ninny.

16 year olds who've never had more that $20 in their wallets

they don't they just want (you)'s

It's a fucking Toyota Yaris you retard

why spend thousands of dollars on a car when my $1700 nissan maxima is still going. I'd rather save it for a house. Cars are a rich people meme

>calling anything ugly when u drive a toyota yarris

How much did you pay for your car gligar? Didn't know I could strike a nerve that hard.

because tv's and consoles and their monthly subscriptions are way too expensive

Because Ive just started taking driving lessons
>tfw driving in roundabouts
>tfw releasing clutch too early and stalling the car in traffic
Man my nerves sometimes. Why is it so scary driving in traffic bros. Sometimes I shift gear perfect and start perfect and then I fuck up sometimes. But I suppose practice will keep making me better and better.

>if reviewbrah had fallen to the dark side

Why buy anything instead of saving it for a rainy day

Never seen that one, looking on google I could swear it was a Citroen C3.

I own one of this and I'm poor as fuck.

Driving a car is easier than riding a bike.

Pretty much done with this pc vs console shitposting

>tfw the town where I live is nothing but roundabouts
>tfw I have to go through 3 roundabouts every day

you'll get used to it

its not done with you tho
theres no escape

Yes as long as I get clutch and gear shift usage as good as possible. Then again this is my third lesson and I've never droven a car before, so I suppose mistakes are normal.

Yeah I think I will. We are gonna practice more tomorrow on it. What I do is I release the gas, brake, shift into second gear, use blinkers obviously make sure coast is clear and then I drive in it.

Who the fuck is spending thousands on a pc?
800 should be the max, with 200 or so of that dedicated to a monitor.

>buy decent PC once every 5 years
>use it every day for work and entertainment

Sounds like a good investment to me.

>implying i have a drivers license

yeah thats a good plan. Remember to use blinks when you get out of the roundabout, not when you enter it (unless you exit the roundabout from the next possible exit)

Why do anything at all?

Yeah I do that. I blink about halfway through it. What I need to learn better is when cars are going in my direction and not so I know when to not drive in it. As I have to wait for cars driving in the roundabout to finish before I can drive in it.

>Why do people spend money on hobby when they could save it or spend on something else?
I hope for your sake this is bait, because fuck this question is asinine.

My parents said I was wasting my time playing driving sims, but I was shifting like a pro the first time I touched A car.
I'm an amerilard too, so driving manual is like wizardry here.

because if you've got a job you receive cash regularly and can afford to spend it, knowing that you'll get more soon

tv: 500 dollars
ps4: 300 dollars
ps4 neo: 400 dollars
psn + : 10 dollars /month or whatever
five games: 5 x 60 dollars: 300 dollars
internet sub: 50 dollars /month
extra controller: 50 dollars

thats well over 1500 dollars

Who the fuck pays 500 bucks for a tv?
A samsung 32" is 150 at costco. And it has all the smart bullshit too.

That's pretty nice. I wish automatics were much more normal here. Many have them but mostly it's manual. Instead of always having to remember the clutch and shifting gear. Good for you vidya worked. And personally I think all my driving vidya sort of have given me a perspective on driving at least.

>what a fucking ugly car lmfao
>drives a Toyota
>A Yaris of all things
lmfao indeed

Manual is not hard, stop being a pussy.

manual makes you a better driver because you have to use your brain

You need to link the clutch with the stick user.
Also lift off, clutch down, shift, then balance the clutch going up with the gas going down.

Heel toe to get revs up when downshifting.
On the highway get your speed up, rev to 5k, then shift straight to 5 to save fuel.
Remember to rev before shifting down.
Auto are dogshit, while even the shittiest of shitboxes is fun to drive with a manual. You got this user

Manual seems to be a quite a norm where I live (Finland).
Couple of months before I started driving lessons my father did take me to some abandoned gravel pit/military graining ground to learn the basics. It was fun since there was nobody there, with lots of space and some little dirt paths, where some APCs probably drove in so I could get the very basics down - switching gears and driving with each one on, forwards and of course backwards. Driving backwards using mirrors only, hairpin turns, parking between two cars using some cut off logs found there etc.

Thanks anons for the support. And you user for tips. I know I can do this and get better and better. It's improving. And I suppose the scare factor will go away eventually and shifting gear etc will go without me thinking about it even. Why is automatic so normal in the states anyway?

Oh, you should understand what a clutch is, it'll help you with remembering to shift.
Your engine has different gears, and to switch them you use the clutch to push the engine away, switch gears and then place the engine back.
When you push the engine back, you need to have both sides spinning at the same time, which is why you need to balance the clutch and the gas.
Also you want to seperate the engine from the wheels when one side isn't moving, thats why you need to use the clutch when braking, so starting up the car.

You don't have to buy a new TV every 4 years.
I've had my TV for almost 10 years and I don't see a need to upgrade

>Driving an automatic

Are you gay, user?

They never sold my car in manual form, not with this engine.

This
New miata is fun as fuck to drive, while being cheap and essy to maintain.
There's no excuse. If you need more than two seats in a car you fucked up your life.

>living in a shithole/ periphery where you need a car daily just to get around

I shiggy diggy. Move somewhere with proper public transportation and bike infra.

That's because consoles have been outputting at 720p since the PS2, while the PC jumped from 1080p to 4k in merely 3 years.

Excuse me sir but what the fuck is this?

>living somewhere where it doesn't get at least 10 below zero (F) for a few weeks to a month every winter with at least a couple multi-foot snowstorms
How do you even go on in life each year?

>Why do people spend thousands of dollars on PC's when you could spend that money on a used car or save it for a rainy day??
Because they're intelligent about their spending priorities.

>ride bike
>take bus
>walk
It's good to live in a city

>public transportation
Lol Poorfag. I bet you own only a console too

>thousand dollar PC
>sensible priority
I mean, come on

Not him but I don't live in Canada, the East Coast, or Europe. I live in the PNW where snow is replaced with rain

Because cars require a bunch of bullshit and upkeep.

>Insurance
>MOT
>Need a license to legally drive
>You can die

I bought a used car and built a PC.

What now?

Get off Cred Forums and continue being a normal human being you freak

Since when is something so basic like driving considered "normie shit"?

>something so basic

Because your average Cred Forumsirgin is below basic.

Literally subhumans.

>Leaving your house
>Ever

You're a normie.

This, who knows if you're driving around a sick ass itasha of all things.

Doing absolutely anything besides being sad on your computer is normalfag shit. Go outside? Stay there. Eat healthy? Eat my asshole. Drive? Off a bridge.
This is not a place for your kind.

>thinking absolute cost is a relevant metric for ROI
No user, you come on. Seriously. I don't know how old you actually are and don't mean to lecture about "you kids" or some such shit since I'm only in my mid-30s, but pure absolute cost basis economic thinking is pretty literally middle school level. It's how kids tend to think about things, along with arbitrary assignments of value based on things like "how big it is" or some such, and that's a normal starting point. But adults even in their personal lives let alone in any sort of business setting should be thinking on at least a little bit of a higher level. And at a minimum that should involve cost and value PER TIME.

I do have a used car, but I only average maybe 15 minutes a day of driving. Sometimes I have longer trips of course but many days I don't need to drive at all. If rental or self-driving vehicles were more convenient or I lived in a country with better public trans I might not bother owning anything but a super truck utility work. In contrast, probably like a lot of people on this site, computer work/play is much of my life. It's both my job (software dev) and one of my major hobbies (my own software dev, vidya, some drawing work) along with hiking. I probably average at least 8-10 hours a day on a computer most weeks.

So where does it make sense to add value via my disposable income? I do have about $280k in investment accounts so far, and maybe another half a mil in less liquid assets I've put away, so for my age I'm doing alright there. I'm not married. It makes sense to put a couple of thousand of dollars extra into specifically where I spend much of my life, the marginal ROI is very very high. It makes no sense to put it into where I do basically nothing. Computers for someone like me are one of the best values period, even at $5-10k let alone less. The $/hr is really low.

If you look around you'll notice that most smart people are the same, just for their own activities.