Did I make a bad choice?

Did I make a bad choice?

Pretty much the best Battlefield game with all the dlcs. also alot of people still playing it.

Not really, especially if you got all the DLC for free a week ago.

Yes. Shoulda bought BC2 when it was on sale yesterday or downloaded BF2 instead.

I already have BC2 and played it to death, will I be disappointed with BF4?

Nah, BF4 is a real battlefield game

I got 200 hours out of bf4. It's great,mout I prefer bf2.

>BC2

At least it's not 3

its a pretty solid game if you find non-cancer server which is hard sometimes.
>tfw found a polish server once
>good map rotation so its not boring, different gamemodes
>no jet whores piking and spamming rockets then running away with flares until they cool down, repeat
>no clans stacking and bashing randoms with cheesiest weapons
>no kiddy admin
>no cunts overall
>server turned into german one, different name etc.
>owner probably stopped paying
>it became absolute cancer to play, only few maps

BF4 is an alright BF game.
Nothing too innovative but fun to play nonetheless.
You'll have a bad time with all the lvl140 kids who get 60-1 KDs with the over powered tanks and helis though.
My tip to you would be to focus on playing as an Engineer in order to unlock the Stinger and the SRAW as soon as possible; you'll need them plenty.

I've been playing since BF 1942 and BC2 was my favorite battlefield game before I played BF4. Now BF4 is my favorite. It's literally BF2 with better graphics and destruction, they even brought back some of the maps.

Not exactly, but it's the closet thing we have got to a real battlefield game since BC1

>server browser still fucked
>takes forever to load maps even on SSD
>class system is useless, no differentiation
>CoD with tanks
>attack helis and jets are easy mode
>have to choose between ground vehicle lock on or air lock on
>can't shoot down helis with personal LMG's or .50 rifles
>BF3 maps somehow worse that originals
>60hz tickrate doesn't fix every gun shooting like a paintball gun, bullets too slow
>commander slot is useless
>majority of players play rush and CQ like CoD TDM, they don't even go for objectives
>combat somehow feels worse than BF3
>BFBC2 still has better maps, better focus, better shooting, better balance, and better destruction

you fucked up

You want play with good squad players and tactics? Try play on Monkey-Gamers (google it)
Preset: Classic with friendly fire: On

No dumbass you paid probably >$5 for a game people spent years creating

>every server is dead 1-10 players or "metro/locker/gulf/whatever only
>knife doesn't work 90% of the time when trying to backstab people

you should buy corpses
after all people have been building them for 60+ years

Best map

Worst map.

>bought BF4 and got all DLC during the sale
>24GB, not too bad
>install the game
>each DLC is an additional 6GB
>there are 20 DLCS

>can't delete singleplayer

>TL;DR Game takes 64.6GB
There you have it.

I miss having fewer guns but bigger variety between them. Also I can't really explain it but the guns are just viscerally unsatisfying in BF4, BF4 looks really good but feels like shit most of the time. Even going back to playing BC2 it's really obvious how much better everything feels in general. Shooting a rifle grenade right under a concrete window where an enemy sniper is at and getting that hit marker splash and satisfying puff of smoke and debris and chunks of concrete falling down leaving an obvious hole in the wall felt great. The gun sounds in BFBC2 were some of the best, especially firing full auto inside a dark building, the muzzle flashes and deafening sound really added a lot to MUH IMMERSION.

Vehicle balance was much better as well, there would be two enemy tanks at most and there where more ways to deal with them, snipers could call in an airstrike to make them retreat back into cover, people used smoke grenades WAY more than in bf4 to blind tanks, engineers could hold 8 RPG rounds with explosive perk, most people played assault anyway so there was always ammo.

I don't know, BFBC2 just felt more well thought out and BF4 was like a too many chefs in the kitchen scenario, it was trying to be CoD and BF at the same time and sacrificed visuals for gameplay.

I'll have a pint of whatever this comedian is having please

Since all the games are same-face its kinda hard to pick a game to start off with. I was thinking about getting Hardline but now I have all the DLC for 4.

AWOLGAMERS is the best BFBC2 server, it's based in East Coast US and is 27/32 at 10 AM in the morning on a Monday.

>CoD with tanks
>majority of players play rush and CQ like CoD TDM, they don't even go for objectives
This fucking kills me because it's incredibly true. Majority of people play this game just like CoD. Either run into line of fire and die or camp and go for kills. Nobody fucking defends or bothers attacking useful points. I was playing on Metro and my team got pushed back to spawn and I was amazed that everyone was just complacently sitting in spawn and shooting back, not even trying to advance where the other team had weaker defenses/offenses. Same shit happened on Shanghai a little earlier, about 10 recons holed up in the tower point on the map, not even watching the elevators or doing anything productive. Just taking potshots off the top at targets they couldn't hit if their life depended on it. It's fucking insane and I see this shit every game.

If you want to play Call of Duty and rack up kills while maintaining a solid offensive or camping in a nice spot, then fucking do that. Don't do the same in an objective based game.

100% agree

Nice analogy dipshit, might be the worst I've ever read

Bump