JC...

>JC, did I ever tell you about the time all augmented people in the world simultaneously went crazy resulting in millions of deaths which led to their segregation in ghettos? Stick with the prod.

so where the fuck are the knights templar in the prequels?

They're hiding in shadows, Adam! Behind lies and proxy soldiers!

>read both of these posts in their voices

Mathematically unlikely.

my nigga right here better get some backstory in the next game
manderley playing a bigger role than i expected has me hyped even if the overall plot was lackluster

I don't recall you mentioning that, Paul. Must have slipped my mind.

the church and the knights templar from iw were so fucking dumb

>le all religions combined into one religion which is led by a french woman ;)

Get the hell out of here Denton!

AAAAAAAAAADAM

THIS SPEC

ITS NOT A SPEC

You're very obviously confused, my son.
Church of the Order is an entirely new religion, practiced all around the post-Collapse world. We never claimed to be an amalgamation of any previous religions. That would be crazy! Mad!

Any explanation as to why they didn't use him as a VA in MD?

Can't be because of that one stupid video with him talking about fruitflies, right?
That'd be too absurd.

Same reason Mel Gibson no longer gets work.
He called out the Jew.

"He disagreed with the idea of augmentations and is also a bit of a conspiracy nut. He also claimed that they only offered him $400 to reprise the role but I somewhat doubt that. He also claimed that they didn't put him in the credits for the game.

He also said that they didn't "back him up" when people edited a comedy video he did to be more like deus ex.

He also claims to be blacklisted from the industry and I think at one point mentioned some fallout between him and an ex and something involving his son. He also claimed to help form Lionsgate which I can't find anything to back him up on."

copied from leddit

>Deus Ex set in 2050's
>Prequels set in 2020's
>Technology and cities look way more advanced in the prequels

The actual reason probably has something to do with the exorbitant prices that the VA guild charges for people in the union, especially for doing stuff like sequels.

>different cities
>original takes place after an economic collapse and technological regression

>china in deus ex
>doesn't look much different from china now, relatively speaking
>china in HR
>DUDE IT'S A DOUBLE DECKER CITY LMAO

This is always an issue with prequels.
Same happened with Star Wars, for example. Hell, KotOR had more advanced tech, despite taking place - what, a thousand years? - before the movies.

>He disagreed with the idea of augmentations
Well that's his opinion and shouldn't affect his work as a VA.
>He also said that they didn't "back him up" when people edited a comedy video he did to be more like deus ex.
What kind of backup are we talking about?
That video was hilarious.
> is also a bit of a conspiracy nut
Are we even sure he's being serious?

You know how many decades it takes to adopt a new look and technology?

There's a reason cities still don't look like Blade Runner.

Story me please.

Hengsha was a special project, mostly financed by Ti-Yong Medical. It hardly represents the state of the rest of China.

In HR, it was said that Detroit and Heng Sha were kinda like top-tier cities in their countries due to the aug giants Sarif and Tai Yong. Other cities had gone to shit but thanks to Sarif, Detroit managed to get out from the rut it's currently in and thrived while most other cities went to shit.

Still, the style looked way too futuristic for my tastes too. Mankind Divided had a more grounded-to-reality look to their settings.

It was a beautiful morning at the end of November. During the night it had snowed, but only a little, and the earth was covered with a cool blanket no more than three fingers high. In the darkness, immediately after lauds, Stephen heard Mass in a village in the valley. He set off toward the mountain, as the sun first appeared.

While he toiled up the steep path that wound around the mountain, Stephen saw the abbey. He was amazed, not by the walls that girded it on every side, similar to others to be seen in all the Christian world, but by the bulk of what I later learned was the Aedificium. This was an octagonal construction that from a distance seemed a tetragon (a perfect form, which expresses the sturdiness and impregnability of the City of God), whose southern sides stood on the plateau of the abbey, while the northern ones seemed to grow from the steep side of the mountain, a sheer drop, to which they were bound. One might say that from below, at certain points, the cliff seemed to extend, reaching up toward the heavens, with the rock’s same colors and material, which at a certain point became
keep and tower (work of giants who had great familiarity with earth and sky). Three rows of
windows proclaimed the triune rhythm of its elevation, so that what was physically squared on the earth was spiritually triangular in the sky. As Stephen came closer, he realized that the quadrangular form included, at each of its corners, a heptagonal tower, five sides of which were visible on the outside - four of the eight sides, then, of the greater octagon producing four minor heptagons, which from the outside appeared as pentagons. And thus anyone could see the admirable concord of so many holy numbers, each revealing a subtle spiritual significance.

"The Jews did 9/11." - sighed Stephen. Unfortunately, a left-leaning policewoman heard him and he never worked in the video game industry ever again.

Mel Gibson, user. Not Stephen. The fruit flies were the ones who got him.

Hasn’t history proven that Marx’s vision of an egalitarian utopia is unattainable, inevitably creating an oligarchy more oppressive to the proletariat than the bourgeoisie it vilifies?

Get out of my head, Denton!

You know what I miss most about the outside world? Watching my favorite Deus Ex soap opera, "As the Globe in the Giant MJ12 Hand Turns". Man! I loved that show. You've got to tell me what's happened on it since I got stuck down here. Did they ever figure out who Walton Simmons' father was? I mean, it SEEMS like Bob Page, but my money is on Lucius DeBeers. And did Paul Denton! Did he ever recover from his amnesia? I mean wow! Did you see the look on his face when he discovered that Nicolette DuClaire was his sister and that Louis Pan was his love child with Maggie Chow?! Man, I miss that show.

go back and play the original, now look at what people have robotically augmented limbs, and their social standing
most of them are homeless, or they are part of a conspiracy that protects them (Gunther, Anna)

the first game didn't bother outright spouting off history to you, it put it in the backstory, and then punctuated it with subtle design choices

anyway, the aug incident was 20 years ago by the time of DX1, why would he bother spouting off history to you that would be readily known, it's like if someone started telling you about 9/11 as if you'd never heard about it