30 years of Castlevania

>30 years of Castlevania
>nothing announced at the TGS

Well, at least we have Bloodstained now, r-right?

>expecting something good from modern Konami

Seriously why? Did you forget about Silent Hills and MGSV

>inb4 Kojima's fault
Yep, it was his fault for Konami treating its employees like hot garbage

Is not everything his fault but Kojima is still part of the problem.

Enjoy your pachinko.

New Pachinko machine coming soon.

You really shouldn't expect anything from Konami these days.

Best girl reporting in.

No really. At least Metroid fans had some small reason to expect common decency from Nintendo, but Konami is so far gone I don't know what you expected.

I'm genuinely happy that LoS 2 and its DLC were made before Konami went to total shit.

>happy about having the shitshow that was LoS

Let the franchise stay dead. Don't let it end up being like Paper Mario

lets celebrate playing pachinkos
muh nigga

They could at least release a new mobile/psn game, like MegaMan.

order of ecclesia was shit. ignore virginal waifufaggots and contrarians.

At least Nintendo remembers it, CV 1&2 are going to be included in the NES Mini console.

With current Konami, the best thing that they could possibly do for Castlevania's 30th anniversary is do nothing.

Lords of Shadow Trilogy remaster when?

Weren't there only 2 games?
Does the 3ds one count?

Spray painting a pile of shit won't negate the fact it is, after all, just a pile of shit

1 was bretty good

Hopefully never. Why they traded the Gothic perfection of the old and DS games for generic fantasy, I'll never know.

I mean, I like Castlevania LOS 1 for what it was (Not Castlevania). Decent, but a little bland, combat, perfect atmosphere, nice designs.But its dead, and could never surpass what it was trying to replace.

Kinda, it showed that Simon was the first Belmont to start the Belmont Clan in LoS universe.

Isnt it suppose to have real confusing shit in it? Like Simon is the clan leader and Trevor is Gabrial's son and is also Alucard?

Like, they just looked up the names of these characters without actually researching who they are?

>generic fantasy

Nice meme. The art design in LoS is anything but generic.

I remember playing the demo for the 3DS game. First thing I did was try to whip a candle. When I saw you couldnt I stopped playing it all together.

Son, that is some weapons-grade autism.

LoS Gabriel > Matias
Alucard > LoS Alucard

What was unique about it?

One of the former Konami executives did an interview for Eurogamer recently (I think his name is Dave Cox or something) and he talked about how Konami wanted to stop making Castlevania games regardless if Lords of Shadow happened or not.

So am I
Still the best 3D CV (hardly an achievement but still), with Lament a close second

The castle in 2 is plenty gothic, as is the old part of the city. It's just that giant big pharma area that fucks everything up.

Dave Cox is a known liar, but it did look like the franchise already was on its death throes before LoS, Ecclesia notwithstanding.

It's not that confusing when you see the story unfold.

>Gabriel is unaware of son's birth
>Gab becomes Dracula after LoS1
>Trevor is raised by the Brotherhood
>Has a family, Sphya is wife, Simon is son
>Trevor learns of his father's true identity
>Lanches one man assault on Castlevania
>Drac kills Trevor
>Drac learns from Mirror of Fate that Trevor is his son.
>Drac overcome with grief trys to save him with his blood.
>Puts Trevor in tomb
>Simon's mother is killed by Drac's forces
>Simon swears vengeance on Dracula
>Years later Trevor is reborn as Alucard while Simon storms the Castle to kill Dracula.

I was talking about Castlevania LOS 1, look at my post

Your second paragraph was clearly about LoS1, the first one looked like it branded all the "trilogy" as generic fantasy.

I don't mind the setting/artstyle of LoS1 too much 2bh, but I agree it's completely out of place. My main issues are with the gameplay and pacing, though. Couldn't stomach replaying the whole thing a second time.

Like everyone else said, I don't know what you were expecting from Konami, OP. They've straight up stated that their main focus now is pachinko machines. We're lucky to even be getting Metal Gear Survive, if that's what you can call lucky.

What are the chances of Nintendo or Capcom buying the Castlevania IP?

>Nintendo will save my childhood!
They can't even save themselves. Stop with this.

The era of our old favorites is over.

What are the chances of Konami selling it? Absolutely zero. Just because you don't have plans for a beloved IP doesn't mean that you let someone else have it - that shit's yours. Besides, they're still going to make Castlevania pachinko machines, just like they're doing with MGS.

I could've wanted that years ago but actual Nintendo is terrible, senpai. Let it go, videogames are dead.

>videogames are dead.

Then why are you still here on Cred Forums?

Could it be, that no one else will have you?

>The era of our old favorites is over.

It's only just BEGUN

>Then why are you still here on Cred Forums?
That's exactly why

Treating their employees like garbage is what Japanese companies do instead of firing people.

I don't get why the company would try to kill Castlevania when it had three amazing Nintendo DS games before rebooting the series. I mean seriously, other than Harmony of Despair which was still fun in its own right but plagued by DLC and unbalanced gameplay, what the fuck was wrong with 2D castlevania?

Sales. Same with Capcom and Megaman. both pretty much died in the PSP and DS era, the piracy was hitting really hard during those years.

It all comes down to sales and Castlevania's sales were in a decline.

The sales were dropping. Castlevania sold like hotcakes in the days of the GBA and early DS years.

Then Ecclesia came out didn't sell too well. The Wii game Judgment flat-out bombed. There was a minor success with Lords of Shadow but the developers told their story and moved on.

Our days are over. But at least you have plenty of indie Castlemanias, right?

Yeah. A lot of those are fun but isn't the same when you don't have Belmonts or relevant story.

Bloodstained will be our light in the darkness.

Nevertheless, I will miss the Belmont Family and Alucard

the only good Belmont was Simon anyway

Oh no, you won't start this shit now.

Same for metroid. I like castlevania much more tho.

Trevor was best Belmont you stupid nigga.

I've always liked Richter. Not just because he was in two of the best games in the series, but his actual look clicked with me more than the others.

>that art

I fucking miss it

Me too user , me too.

>these types of knee-high boots

I feel the same way user.

>picture for ants

>picture for ants
I am an ant user so the pic is just fine to me.Here have another ant pic my green friend.

fix'd

I told user , I'm an ant the pic you posted is TOO BIG.

>Plug and Play shit
>30 games, 98% of which are shit
>Implying anyone but dumbfuck retards would buy it

Didnt someone also say it's just a gimped Wii Mini?

Why do they need to spread their legs so far apart? Are they trying to compensate?

>these females

I have no idea user , Kojima must have a thing for drawing leg spread people.

>those proportions on Mina
Is she a space marine

She's a space shrine maiden user.

Is just a pose, like how they usually do the same for swords

>not having a qt space marine miko gf

Good thing you stopped before encountering a skeleton that takes 50 hits to die.

And then there was Dawn of Sorrow's style...

Pretty cool artbook, where can I buy it?

I have no idea why Konami turned to shit , Kojima's art style is great.
Not sure maybe Amazon or something? I got this on my Castlevania folder don't even remember where I downloaded it.

Kojima's art style is great indeed, but the person who did Ecclesia's art is pretty good as well.

Aren't most of the games on that thing available from virtual console? Sems kinda pointless.

I think Leon was the coolest

true but I really liked Kojima's style.
He was ok ,Trevor is the real deal and best Belmont

>year 2035
>Soma rocking the furred collar coat and bell bottom jeans
What a crazy kid

He knows what shrine maidens like and really want.

Damn I love castlevanias.
Simon's Quest, Symphony Of The Night, Aria Of Sorrow and Curse Of Darkness are my favorite games in the series.

>all those Konami IPs that are doomed to the shelves or the pachislots

>Curse Of Darkness
You, user, are the niggest of all my niggas.

LoS games were gorgeous.
I don't know why bad/mediocre games always have to be bad at everything for Cred Forums

Because Cred Forums is normalfag central.

I don't understand your point.
The LoS games looked nice, sure, but they weren't very god mechanically and had bad stories and, for LoS2, shit pacing.

People want castlemania, not god of war in transilvania castle

Trevor had the better sprite.

What IS a man?

>Simon's Quest
I mean I guess I could see it in nostalgic value

>Curse Of Darkness
Fucking how. No. This game literally put me to sleep. I WANT to see the good in it. CoD, CV64 and LoD are the only vanias I haven't completed yet so don't you for a second thing I don't want to enjoy what little vania I have left in my life. I fucking tried to have fun with CoD but it's just so mediocre I can't.

Listen Trevor's cool and all but when everything was said and done Simon was the only nigga to crip walk into drac's crib and SOLO him along with Christopher and Richter. Everyone else needed help.

Richter had Maria's help according to SotN. Besides you could always just solo the game with Trevor too if you wanted.

>Richter had Maria's help according to SotN
I didn't recall that but I believe it, makes sense.
>Besides you could always just solo the game with Trevor too if you wanted.
You could, you could do that with Richter too, but we're going off canon here and Akumajou Densetsu says Trevor had the help of sypha, grant and alucard to finish Drac off.

I guess it really only is Simon and Chris then.

>I guess it really only is Simon and Chris then.
And both of them had to fight him again years later too.

Castlevania died 10 years ago. Its even more stupid to expect Konami to do anything but a Pachinko game now.

>x years y has existed... better shit something out

Worst logic ever.