Arkham Asylum>Arkham Knight>Arkham City>Arkham Origins

Arkham Asylum>Arkham Knight>Arkham City>Arkham Origins

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2014/03/27/meet-arkham-knight-the-new-batman-character-created-by-rocksteady/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Asylum>City>Knight=Origins

Why do people like Asylum so much?
I enjoyed more content in City/Knight, it was more diverse too.
And the later games have better gameplay variety.

Knight=City>Asylum=Orgins

i liked asylum at first but after playing all the other ones, i felt that asylum was the weakest same with origins (well origins had the best story imo). i thoroughly enjoyed Knight and it looks fucking awesome

>muh atmosphere

More condensed story instead of "lol go where u want" which can lead to going through 5 stories at at a time, leaving a feeling of less cohesion.

Also Asylum did it all first, no game had come close to having the buttonmashing silky smooth combat we see.

Remind me what was so good about the Asylum story?

the story of asylum was cliche as fuck but the gameplay handled it pretty well. also the final act with the joker is fucking stupid. good thing they redeemed him for arkham city

the pacing was good because the entire time you play the game you're playing the story, whilst in later titles there are seperate questlines and free roam which can add quite a bit of downtime even if you don't want to fuck around.

Who cares anymore? Not me. Stupid subgenre got ran into the ground harder than First Person Shooters.

OP had it right.
Thread can end

>Knight>City

lol no.
>Fucking Deathstroke as boss riding a tank

Asylum > City > Knight = Origins

Knight = Asylum > City > Origins

This is fact, you cannot dispute this.

Those are all optional though and don't break the pacing. And they add variety and more value to the post-game.
I was asking about the actual plot. I personally liked Batman/Joker dynamics in City and Knight more, than another one of Joker's failed plans to kill the Bat.

>city better than knight
topkek

City was an improment on Asylum in every single way.
Smoother combat, better exploration, better exploration, better enemies, better gadgets and better story. Fuck the atmosphere. It doesn't even come close to making up for the vast improvements from 1 to 2.

>LOL we make OC donutsteel called Arkham Knight
>It's actually the Red Hood/Jason Todd

Better exploration, better bosses*

Asylum is actually the worst

Rocksteady lying about him being OC is better than if they tried to dodge the question when asked directly if it was the Red Riding Hood.
When the devs try to keep some plot point hidden, but they don't want to lie, so they don't say "no that's not it", it instantly becomes obvious that the fan theories are right.
Lying helps to keep the intrigue alive at least for some time.

vg247.com/2014/03/27/meet-arkham-knight-the-new-batman-character-created-by-rocksteady/

>“So when the idea was on the table for us to develop our own character and introduce that into Batman’s world, there was so much energy and excitement around it at Rocksteady – but we really were conscious of the value of the collaboration creatively we have with DC to make sure the gameplay role the Arkham Knight has is really reflected in his appearance and his outlook and his perspective.
>“That’s not an opportunity that comes along very often, and I think we totally nailed it with this guy.”

>lol guys not-Red Hood is our own creation

They took the lazy route and just picked a character from Batman's cast, mixed it up and called it a day. Arkham Knight could have been a new Harley Quinn (fans love it some much comic writers try to shove him in books) or at least Hush tier (okay I guess to be part of Batman's rogue gallery) in popularity.

Asylum > Origins > City
Haven't played knight

Harley wasn't in the comics? Forgive me, I don't really like capeshit, so I'm not familiar with the source material.

Harley first appeared in Batman: The Animated Series. She was supposed to be a one off henchwoman in an episode, but everyone loved her so they brought her back for future episodes. Then when people kept on loving her, DC put her into the comic world.

>mfw I wanna get into Batman Comics but don't know where to start
I've seen the Animated Series and the Nolan trilogy, that's about it.

You're pretty much set. Just pick up some of the graphic novel/collections of recommended titles. Unless you seriously want to go through 70+ years of comics.

just read Rebirth. Or just look for recommended story arcs.

Naw she wasn't originally
She came about as an OC donutsteel by Bruce Timm for Batman the Animated Series back in the early 2000. Before that to my knowledge Joker didn't have a sidekick and Timm wanted a kind of Robin to Joker's Batman. She started appearing in comics later on.

No easier time than now user. Back in late May DC Rebirth happened. Batman reset to 1, Detective Comics reset back to its original numbering. Any thing Batman or Detective Comics from June of this year onward. Easy as pie. Otherwise just look for graphic novels like The Dark Knight, Hush The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, Batman and Son, Death of the Family, or even The Final Joke (?).

All good points to get into. Reading some of the graphic novels you will see where Nolan got his influences from.

>another reboot
Didn't they just reset the universe and call it 52?

Harley was made by timm for the show, but got so popular she became hard canon. Before that, joker only had a single sidekick Gaggy and that was only short lived.

Where the fuck are the boss fights in Knight?

It's more like an apology for the Reboot, Rebirth idea is bringing back what made DC great. Read DC Universe Rebirth and you will understand

Not a reboot. They are basically merging the pre Flashpoint DC universe and the New 52 universe.

Wally West is back. New 52 Superman is dead and old Superman is back. The Green Lantern Corp just made it back to this universe after being in the universe that was before this one. Barry Allen has a whole fuck army of speedsters to train. Aquaman and Mera are finally going to marry. Roy Palmer found a crack in the micro verse that is leaking. There's a bunch of other shit. It's actually really good.

>Unless you seriously want to go through 70+ years of comics.
How long would that take?

How do you go from this

I loved the small cameos from DC characters in Sandman.

to this?

Cheers mates. I'll look into it. I read some of the first 52 stuff and it turned me off them.

Well considering that is just the video games you ignore it. Scarecrow still looks the same in the comics.

REALISM
E
A
L
I
S
M

Really? Like what? Snyder MURDERED his running Batman in the new 52. The Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Zero Year, The Final Joke. So many good arcs he did. And Cappello's hard sealed the deal.

Detective Comics was lacking in the new 52. Right now it has tons of potential.

Not really a cape fan, can you tell me what happened with Reboot? Or Flashpoint (I believe that's what happened)?

The Asylum verson looksed so much better.

DC realized that N52 was a mistake all around, and now they are sort of merging PreN52 DCU with N52 DCU, basically what made DC great in the past is bring brought back while maintaining some of the changes made in the N52

Flashpoint was Professor Zoom aka Reverse Flash was and is the greatest villian and troll of all time.

He gave Barry a complex by going back in time and fucking with kid Barry. Make him trip while running, or miss catching a baseball etc. This caused adult Barry to break down and go back in time to save his mom. He does and wakes up in the Flashpoint universe.

Highlights
Bruce died. Thomas Wayne is Batman, Martha is The Joker.
Superman was capture as a baby by the government and locked in a cell deep underground.
Aquaman and Wonder Woman are at war over the death of Mera. Aquaman sinks half of Europe.

Barry starts to remember pre Flashpoint and realizes shit is fucked. He goes to Thomas Wayne explaining it all. Thomas Wayne says fuck it and keeps blasting Barry with lighting until he becomes the Flash again. They gather a team to stop Aquaman and Wonder Woman from destroying the world. Reverse Flash shows up. Thomas kills him and Flash races through time. This causes the merging of all the DC worlds into New 52.

Rebirth addresses what happened when Barry ran through time with Wally West being trapped in the speed force and "forgotten" about.

Flashpoint led to the New 52. All heron history except for Batman and Green Lantern were wiped away. Rebirth is bring new 52 and old DC back together. They made it a point to show how "love" was one of the things the new 52 was missing along with heroes like Ray palmer and Cho and Wally West.

This seems overly complex. I commend you for actually breaking it down for me to understand.
So from what I understand, DC universe is back to having a proper continuity that was established before flashpoint?

I'm not entirely clear on which is better between Asylum and City, but how can people like Knight better than either of those?

One of the best things in the Arkham games were really good boss fights. In Knight there is Riddler, 2 tanks and the Knight and they all suck.

Add to that, that all the tank sections are tedious, they almost removed inside environments even though the best parts of the earlier games took place in these.

The only new things in combat are "ninjas" who are just regular enemies who occasionally dodge an attack and medics electrifying allies.

And once more: Fuck that car and fuck forcing me to use it all the time.

>Rocksteady will never make a TMNT game

Right it is a slow merge between the two along with lots of changes.

The original Titans are back together. Nightwing is back. Old Superman is back with his wife Lois and their son. Wonder woman has a long lost brother. Hal Jordan is the lone Lantern policing the galaxy while the rest of the Corp is just now regrouping.

Anyone who touches Wally West remembers the universe pre Flashpoint. It was how he came back. He went to say goodbye to Barry. Barry reached out and remembered everything then pulled him from the Speed Force.

I can see Barry dying next year to give Wally his time to shine again.

Asylum>City>Knight>Origins

>One of the best things in the Arkham games were really good boss fights.
Really? Because I honestly don't remember any. They were all the same as the regular enemies, but had more attack types/immunities.
Knight is pretty much the same as City, if you ask me. Plus the performance/stability issues and the Batmobile being forced on you a little bit too much.

What was the difference between the Old and New Superman?

You brought it upon yourself.

Was the end of new 52 that giant ass fight they had on Apocalypse where the JLA members each obtained godlike powers? I remember reading some shit about that.

Origins>Asylum>Knight>City

New Superman was crazy powerful and a bit TOO much of a Mary Sue. He and Lois never dated. He barely worked at The Daily Planet. He could unleash a solar nova that vaporized anything within a 1/4 mile and left him powerless for 24 hours.

Old Superman is the one everyone knows and grew up reading. Marries Lois Lane. Died stopping Doomsday etc.

New Superman seemed to have gotten STRONGER, like almost silver age levels of strength and OPness and a huge boost to cockiness as a result. I read some shit where he survived a blackhole and FLEW BACK from the edge of the universe to Earth in like a week.

Witnessed the Dubquads

New Superman is Superboy-Prime with suppressed/altered memory.

That was the lead up to it. Darkseid War was the title. Wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but had some good moments in it. The death of new 52 Superman was a bigger lead in that the end of the Darkseid War.

The only things that happened there that were big parts of Rebirth was Barry hearing someone call out to him while out running the black racer aka death. (Hint it was Wally). The unknown being who took 10 years of memories vaporizing Owlman in Meterons chair. Wonder woman finding out Steve wasn't the first man to step foot on Thysmerra. They made it a point to state that Superman becoming the God of Strength via the fire pits of Akropolis was killing him.

I hope not. Superboy Prime was crazy OP and a mistake imo.

I just want some good superhero video games.

Arkham series failed when it came to bosses. It did most other things right, but bosses wasn't one of them.

quality post.

Asylum=City>Origins=Knight

This.

Joker was the worst part of Asylum and the best part of City.

Asylum=City=Origins=Knight

Asylum>City>Origin>Knight
Knight is garbage.
>4th time the same shit
>ridler's wacky racing
>female character are even uglier than before
Hell, I give Origin a lot of shit, but it wasn't as bad as Knight. Dat snow was bretty gud too.

origin has the best boss fights

Didn't Doctor Manhattan get involved in some capacity?

It's theorized its Manhattan since his watch is reassembled at the end of the Rebirth issue. He is also speaking to someone assumed to be Ozzymandus

Asylum felt like playing trough a real shit night in Batman's life that had the tight pacing and tension compatible to, say, Metal Gear Solid, all the while dripping in atmosphere. It's the most cohesive game in the series by no braking things up by a hub, thus flows more naturally. City and on offers up more quantity of gameplay, but at the sacrifice of really feeling like you're playing through a Batman comic/movie/cartoon, since the experience is mostly jigsaw puzzled together by the impulsion of the player. And to me at least, that was a step in the wrong direction.