ITT: Unpopular Opinions

ITT: Unpopular Opinions

I'll start I think Bloodborne is a good game

Demon souls soundtrack is fucking awful.

Final Fantasy XIII was a good game that gets retarded amounts of hate.
The "Square Enix sucks now" meme was spread around by RPG hipsters who were just mad about the XIII trilogy (oh no, they made one series I didn't like in a franchise full of great games)
Persona 4 is better than Persona 3
Plot>Gameplay

How is that unpopular?
Everyone thinks its good/great

PC hates it cause they don't have it so they refuse to acknowledge it as being a good game. Cred Forums hates it because.. Well, it's Cred Forums

I always get shit on for saying that I liked Bloodborne.

Can this meme die? Most pc gamers have a ps4 anyways, we don't hate bloodborne it's a good game.

No they don't you silly nigger.
Quit feeling so victimized by opposing opinions and bait.

I thought Alpha Protocol was actually a good game despite its many problems

When all I see on Cred Forums is shitposting about how terrible a game is, I'd say it's safe to assume they just don't like it. Personally, I liked MGSV and I'm not going to let other's opinion of the game lessen my enjoyment of it, but I can say with full certainty that Cred Forums hates it

The Roxas, Axel, and ____ Eat Ice Cream Episode was one of the best Kingdom Hearts games, because it was about characters rather than spectacle.

I dislike BB, and every soulsborne and soulslike game after dark souls, and even that wasnt so good. Im just tired of the same forumla over and over with minimal changes and copycats saying "hey we can do a slow paced action RPG with medieval settings too!".

They're not bad games in the sense they're broken or not fun to play, at least the main series arent, but they are bad for being unimaginative and hardly improving the gameplay. They're solid 7-8/10 games, but thats it. You played one, you payed them all.

demon's souls is still the best

Anyone else think this was the hardest soulsborne game?

Bloodborne critics are a vocal minority, most of which actually haven't played it. Most people who played it loved it.

FFXIII is not as bad as people claim, but it's definitely not a good game. Is more a "This is 20$? Okay, I'll try it" game.

>Final Fantasy XIII was a good game that gets retarded amounts of hate.
I really enjoyed a lot of the early levels and the visual design was amazing. Gran Pulse is proving to be an absolute slog though and I'm starting to see where the battle system fails
>The "Square Enix sucks now" meme was spread around by RPG hipsters who were just mad about the XIII trilogy (oh no, they made one series I didn't like in a franchise full of great games)
Completely agree, XIII and Type-0 kept up pretty well with the style over substance mantra that has been present since the SNES titles and it looks like XV is headed that way as well

A calm and collected opinion that, even though it states it doesn't like something it doesn't say it's automatically shit and you can respect their opinion?

We need more of this in this hellhole.

I disagree. I feel that Bloodborne is incredibly inventive, taking a formula and improving on it in myriad ways. It's not perfect, but I think it's definitely the best game in the series and I frankly don't understand why people would dislike it. I personally see nothing in the game that is a major turnoff.
There's no question that Dark 2 was a mess of galactic proportions, and despite 3 being so much better than 2 it still felt like they were wearing thin on ideas. But Bloodborne is so different, takes such a unique approach and offers such a drastically different world that I really don't get why you would think it's stale. It's really nothing like Dark Souls outside the main series conventions and mechanics.

Also, your opinion that Dark Souls wasn't so good is understandable, but I think wrong. Dark Souls had some big flaws, lots of unfinished content, but what it did offer was far and away one of the best games in recent memory. I think if there were some way for From to remaster Dark Souls and finish off all the unpolished content it'd be one of the best games ever made.

PS: Saying a game isn't fun, saying you dislike it then saying "it's a solid 8/10" is really not something you should do. It makes you look either unintelligent or a baitster.

If we're talking about souls games pvp well I have a few:
Demon's Souls pvp was good for it's time but shit by today's standards
Dark Souls pvp: fuck this damn awful shit, it was good in theory but the netcode just made it unplayable, I'd rather drag my dick trough glass than play it again
Dark Souls 2's pvp: I'm gonna get shit upon by this but it was actually very good and the saving grace of an otherwise pretty bad game
Bloodboorne pvp: It was the best by far, contrary to what Cred Forums drones say. Yes, the weapons were scarce but variety was still the same if not more, plus the netcode was close to impeccable, lagstabs and other shit were practically absent. Ganks were not impossible to defeat, I could win about 30% of time vs 3 players, it was just the best.
Dark Souls 3: Probably the worst although it has the best netcode. It just doesn't fit for me, I feel that it's very unbalanced, I face 2-3 builds every time I play and tried to mimic Bloodborne's pvp and that's wrong, there are 2 different games. Oh, and the fucking ganks and useless convenants are just the tip of the cherry.

I like SA2 more than SA2B.

Where's the Nioh webms?

are you me?

I disagree, yes all of the mainline souls series from demons' souls to dark souls 3 have that "samey" feel to it, but bloodborne is completely different.

what sets bloodborne apart is it's ability to reward the player for being aggressive. this creates a much more tense atmosphere within the combat system which really contrasts with the souls series more "defensive" type gameplay

just look at the approach you can take in bloodborne compared to something like dark souls 2

in dark souls 2 you see a room full of enemies, your best bet is to lure each enemy out and kill them one by one

this isnt true for bloodborne
you can literally walk into an area of 10 enemies and start swinging like a madman because the game wants you to do this
every single time you get hit you have a chance to restore that health by going in even deeper

i honestly think bloodborne's combat is the perfection of the souls series

I think you misunderstood mew. I didnt say it wasnt fun, my complaints stem from it feeling like another romp through soulstown. Its linear, short, difficulty cools off too early right after you beat amelia, unless you go searching for abreitas or buy the DLC, which is the highlight of the game so I dont see why anyone wouldnt.

To me, a lot of it was the same motions I went through in Demon, Dark, and Dark II. I wasnt impressed or awed, but also I dont give a fuck about H.P. Lovecraft's work so while most of Cred Forums was frekaing out midway through my only thoughts were "really?" Not to mention the chalice dungeons were a huge grind that made me question what they thought was so good about this to keep it in the game, when from had cut out areas of demon and dark souls.

As for Dark Souls, the game's second half brought it down, that's all.

The issue is that the game doesnt punish defensive play, like DMC3 did. I played BB the same way I did in DaS 2 and DaS up to about Rom with no issue. Enemies are still very susceptible to baiting or grouping up for the alt-mode of the cane, and as long as you know the benefits of lock-on dashing and unlocked rolls, you can still just dodge out of the way of most attacks until you see a tell you can stun with your bullet. The spider adds in Rom's fight take up too much time to deal with on their own so rushing in is the best strategy and The One Reborn, Micolash, and Wet Nurse are huge pushovers that you can wail away at them with no fear of consequences

>Cred Forums hates it because
No not really, you might want to lurk some more.

If you're implying this board isn't pessimistic cancer, you can eat my ass

XIII is my favorite FF and I've beaten it multiple times. It's a great game.

Brace yourselves because I'm going all out:

>MGS4 is my favorite Metal Gear game
>MGSV was good
>I like ME3, I'm not going to let five minutes of shit writing ruin a 30 hour game
>I thought Skyrim was alright. Casualized for sure and the copy & paste dungeons were shit, but I enjoyed it overall
>DaS3 = Bloodborne > DaS > DaS2 > DeS fite me irl 1v1
>Dead Rising was fucking shit, stop making hourly threads about it