Worth getting into?

Is it viable on solo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_enrB2cyM
github.com/xyzz/acquisition
youtube.com/watch?v=jr1pRQmFOhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

No endgame, before you're even done leveling you've experienced everything your build has to offer.

Repetitive as fuck, not rewarding or fun, AWFUL community.

Very repetitive. Extreme Grind.

I have a lvl 92?93? CoC ranger. I was trying to get to lvl 94 i think but then after endless grinding i wondered wtf am i doing.

Its worth one play through but thats it. just do normal diff then drop it.

Economy is rigged by private indexers and botters.

Every once in a while i have a slight urge to reinstall but then i remember the repetitive endless pointless grind and come to my senses.

It would be a lot of fun single player or LAN Co-Op, but they'll never allow that to happen. The entire concept of always-online infuriates me.

>Repetitive as fuck, not rewarding or fun, AWFUL community.

this pretty much, game only became famous because of the Diablo 3 hate bandwagon.

Diablo 3 in its current form is a much superior game.

Also... I believe RNG in rpg's is an out dated mechanic.

RNG dice roll was used in tabletop games as a low tech solution to deciding outcomes.

Now with todays tech why not use skill based mechanics ? mount and blade for example.

Do you like the concept of trading currency with other players to complete your build? If the answer is no, then don't bother

>Is it viable on solo?

Solo or self-found? Solo yes, self-found less so because it is very easy to get superior gear for cheap.

Anyway don't listen to the retards that have replied so far, the game is fantastic for its genre and a blast to play on HC because you have to really learn the ins and outs of all the crafting and skill-gem systems. It has much improved the D2 formula and you can build your characters a billion ways.

>rng is outdated
>hurr it's grindy

What the fuck are you doing in a thread about a procedurally generated hack n slash then?

But thats just your opinion

Contrary to your opinion which is universal? If you are looking for a good and complex diablo-like then PoE fulfills that requirement, that's about all there is to say.

The biggest issues of this game has always been performance and server stability and both have been fixed as of the current patch and league.

Giving my opinion since OP asked.

He didn't ask for a circle jerk of people who like the game, and I don't.

Deal with it.

yes

depends what you mean by solo, you can perfectly grind the stuff alone and partying with others makes things easier only in very end game stuff but forget not ever trading (by that i mean look up on forum/index sites to see who sells what because trade chat is a diablo2 tier bot mess)

>both have been fixed
People have been singing this fucking song for years and guess what

THE SHIT STILL DOESN'T WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD

yes my opinion is universal. i cant believe there are people who disagree with me.

Also OP, to add on - Ignore the hopeless addicts who want you to be stuck with them like Do you really want to play on HC like he says? Do you want to spend 5+ hours re-rolling a character because you misread a mob's description?

Does that sound fun? The people who say it is already devoted 2+ years of their life to re-rolling bullshit characters on the same content.

Misery loves company.

did they fix desync?
did they fix boxes that freeze the game for seconds after opening?
did they bring back character separated ladders so you don't see everyone just picking duelist?

do you want pizza?
do you want hamburger?
america is pig disgusting

no and no

Yes. Good endgame.

You mean a company called "Grinding Gear Games" made a game about Grinding for Gear?

How surprising.

Yes, they fixed all of that.

Garbage meme. I actually listened to all my retarded friends with the retarded opinion you just spouted about how the expansion fixed everything and thought I may as well buy it to salvage the money I had wasted on the base game and surprise surprise, it's now horse shit with a cherry on top.

You aren't really defending the game right now.

Is this dumb projection supposed to be an argument? I'm playing HC because it's way more of a challenge than SC and with items being lost the economy is much more stable. I have also been playing other permadeath games lately because I enjoy the concept. No one's saying you have to play the way I do, I'm saying it's a blast with the right mindset.

>THE SHIT STILL DOESN'T WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD

Desync has been fixed for a while now and performance has been massively improved with the last two patches because they fixed both memory and multi-core usage. To answer >did they fix desync?
Yes.

>did they fix boxes that freeze the game for seconds after opening?
Yes, both for strongboxes containing Rogue Exiles as well as the current league having no Perandus mobs or anything of the kind.

>did they bring back character separated ladders so you don't see everyone just picking duelist?

Not sure when that was an issue but if anything it's more certain builds rather than certain characters having an edge.

Only worth if you have a lot of spare time. It is extremely time consuming.

It's viable to solo, but it becomes even more time consuming.

Desync is not fixed. It's better now, but it still happens. Stop drinking the fucking kool-aid.

Like any game in the genre, it's fun to at least see the content once and explore character building options. After that, it's just a question of how long it keeps you hyped for progressing your character.

This picture is for you

Self harm is also a blast with the right mindset.

Done with this thread though, people who love this genre are hopeless addicts and you'd probably sit here for another 3 hours defending your gear treadmill.

/threaaddadad

>Stop drinking the fucking kool-aid.

I have been playing HC for three leagues straight now and not encountered a desync once, nor have I seen others die to it.

I don't understand why you make it a point to visit threads of genres you despise to tell people who enjoy them they're shitty people but okay. See ya.

Not him, but desync shouldn't really be possible with lockstep netcode

Not him, but you're flat out lying.

It doesn't matter how hard you lie about the game, anyone you trick into playing it will learn the truth.

this user has a good point.

the game does have some merit tho.
theory crafting builds is fun.

i still never got to try my new build that uses iron reflexes lightning coil and skyforth all crammed into a coc wand ranger

the grindy shit ruins it tho. BUT gotta keep people addicted so they eventually spend money right? thats what it all comes down to.

The game advertise what it's about. You grind gear. Just like in most Diablo clones.
Like it or not, that's what it is.

>I have been playing HC for three leagues straight now and not encountered a desync once, nor have I seen others die to it.
Not everyone has the same ISP, location, and hardware you do.

I loaded up the game last month, rubber banded twice in a minute on a HC character, and closed the game.

I'm playing it right now and it's actually very fun and comfy. Sure it's mostly about grinding, but it's very good grinding and once you get up to a decent level you clear mobs like crazy. I like the art assets and things like that too. The genre could stand to be improved but the game is decent as it is.

>the grindy shit ruins it tho

that's the whole point of arpgs. the grind is the endgame

>people are using "repetitive" as an argument
>against an ARPG

Been playing since the latest league started and sank around 100 hours. I never trade or interact with anybody, but it's kind of hard. Only got up to level 88 for now on a RF totem build, but I also play two other builds. Still haven't found any exalts.

I don't play HC since I don't play as cautious, and because I really don't trust the servers. Although desync is gone, the servers still crap out on me with big lag spikes sometimes (Amsterdam and Frankfurt). I died to this on Atziri a few days ago.

I think I'm going to give up on self-found and start trading. I do have some decent gear.

>Not everyone has the same ISP, location, and hardware you do.

Then I can't help you and the problem is partly on your end. The game isn't well optimized and I can see bad pings as well as a bad PC fucking you over though, I'll give you that.

then i guess i have outgrown arpg's.

Oh, but they'll gladly recommend people OTHER ARPGS. Just not PoE because... uh... rng. And grind. and uh... don't play PoE, right?

>that's the whole point of arpgs.
it was only really codified by diablo 2 and I wish they'd move beyond it

It was viable to solo when I quit.

i do recommend PoE. but only one play through.

>Now with todays tech why not use skill based mechanics ?
Because probability offers more mechanics and makes the game better.

>Because probability offers more mechanics
like what

Treat it like a free ARPG, rather than a free MMORPG. By that I mean do a run, and maybe more if you really life it, but investing in the end-game in PoE is stupid.

Grindy as fuck.
Shitty, frustrating itemization that contains grind and rng inside grind and rng.
Extremely repeative, monotonous and badly balanced gameplay.
Utterly shit character building looks much more deep and complex than it actually is.
Retarded community.
Everything revolves around "muh economy", and the economy is rigged like said.

It's basically the prime example of everything wrong with the genret. All the biggest idiocies of Diablo 2 grew further into terminal cancer and formed Path of Exile.

>all these assblasted blizzard drones shitting on PoE

>the "I want the best gear in under 2 seconds" -generation

goty

play this instead OP

>Complaining about a Hack n Slash being grindy

Cred Forums truly surpasses itself yet again

Player economy is cancer in a game like this, and it's why both D3 and PoE should be avoided.

Look into Torchlight 2, GrimDawn, TitanQuest Anniversary or Van Helsing Final Cut.

It's not a MMORPG. At all.

>10 new posts
>2 new posters
>at least half of them shitting on the game

There is some massive flaseflagging going on lmao. Why are people so asshurt about Path of Exile?

>hurr why does this genre about grind and rng have grind and rng wtf

Fucking hell.

This is Blizzard's turf, didn't you know?

Like an accuracy mechanic

D3 has no player economy. How long it's been since you played D3?

Oh, you mean like aiming but instead of player skill being the key component it's just a click and a dice roll?

>Uniques and Legendary still can't be infused with relics/charms
>Now you also get penalties to Bleed/Vitality resistance with extra dificulties (Enjoy getting 80% of your HP drained instantly). Also bleed resistance is fucking impossible to build up
>Casters are still shit in legendary
>Still too few monsters (I know xmax exists but it also increases the amount of bosses and fuck that shit, 3 polyphemus in normal is retarded

Definitely better than the original version but it still has some roughness around the edges for me lad

Which is the most fun build in PoE that also remains viable outside normal difficulty?

i'm glad this genre of video games is dying/dead

RTS's are also dead, MMO are on the decline

now we just need MOBA and we are set for the future of gaming. FPS and VR :)

Looks like the Path of Healthnodes defence force has arrived. People gave numerous valid reasons for why the game is trash and you didn't even try to refute any of them, because you know they're all correct.

For the record, I haven't bought a single Blizzshit game since TFT, the whole studio is a fucking joke and everyone who eats their shit is mentally deficient. I'll atleast grant you poetards that you aren't as retarded as blizzfags, but that's not much of an accomplishment.

This is about a quarter of my total playtime since closed beta. PoE has done nothing but become more accessible and new player friendly since then. I believe that is progressing in the wrong direction.

>People gave numerous valid reasons for why the game is trash and you didn't even try to refute any of them

Except I did by pointing out they fixed the massive performance problems and the only counter arguments were
>it is grindy and has rng
which isn't a counter argument to begin with. Nice try though.

An ignite/self-damaging/cast on damage taken build?

yes
yes

It's actually both.
You still aim your attacks, and since you have dice rolls you have mechanics like accuracy that you take into account for your builds.

You are silly.

>PoE has done nothing but become more accessible and new player friendly since then. I believe that is progressing in the wrong direction.
Yeah I was watching some streams of it lately and it looked really easy now.
Haven't played in like 2 years.Maybe 3

Didn´t they want to include a solo mode or something for people who hate trading?

D3 was good for a few seasons after RoS but they haven't added anything meaningful to the game for like a year and a half

All these casuals with less than 1k hours

I've really gotten fond of a Trapper running Point Blank+Puncture and Caustic arrow.
Currently 81 and climbing solo.
Totally works self-found but if you want to spend a chaos or two on a Chin Sol your puncture reaches ridiculous damage.

Is there any specific valid reason you'd like to point to?

shame the stand alone client doesn't record hours, right open beta babby :^)

"aiming" in diablo clones is clearly less complex than aiming in something like a FPS though

I mean I'm not saying click-aiming is a horrible aim mechanic or that accuracy is bad, it's just a less interesting mechanic

Silly question pls no bully. How do you trade? Where do you meet to trade? And yeah I know of poe.trade.

Then play Grim Dawn

ascendancy really broke this game wide open, people are instantly killing atziri phases and stuff
there's always one broken build per league and ggg refuses to balance mid-league so they never get even remotely close to build parity
right now the hot meme is stacking the OP utility flasks that have never been substantially nerfed and leeching 100k ES per second

Find a trade on poe.trade you want.
Click the Whisper button on that trade's window.
Go in game and paste.
If he invites you to a group, go to his hideout and trade.
Say thanks
Done

You look at poe.trade, you find the item you want and see how much it costs. Then you click on whisper, go into the game, whisper the guy the message that has just been copied to your clipboard, he invites you to his party, you go to his hideout, pick up the currency, wait till he trades with you and done.

>>>Uniques and Legendary still can't be infused with relics/charms
i think there's mod on the workshop that allows that

that said i'm enjoying GD alot more than TQA

I put a few hours into GD and had my fun, shame there's really not that much synergy with the multiclassing system.

Thanks anons.

Was this added in the last big patch? Been a while since I played.

1 q

I'm a level 31 templar. Will I ever get armor that covers all skin or am I going to look like a schizophrenic pantsless homeless man all game?

welcome to the pots and pans robot cosplay simulator

>only counter arguments
>shit character building
>shit gameplay
>shit community
>shit all-consuming economy

>hurrrr arpgs are supposed to be grindy
Do you know why even people who liked Diablo 2 say PoE is grindy? Because the game mechanics like resistances and penetration are fucked up. Because all the abilities are stale, boring shit. Because character building is a bad joke where everything you do is to make your character not suck ass instead of making your character strong. Because the gem/support gem system is broken and blatantly rewards single-button gameplay because muh 5/6link. Because the game is balanced for support gem boosted mobility skills, triggered defensive abilities and logout macro core players with full belts of instant heal potions so the only difficulty you can ever have is everything all the way from white mobs doing a trillion damage per hit. Because the itemization is boring as fuck, everything has to be hp+resists, on top of being on the suitable type and tier of armor piece, on top of having correct amount of slots and links, on top of having correct slot colors.

Diablo 2 atleast had powerful skills and crazy items to entertain the player. No skill in Path of Shit will ever be allowed to be as fun as something like corpse explosion or teleport, because that would be too strong and not item-dependant, and would mess up all muh leaderboards and muh economy. PoE is too obsessed with economy, trading, leaderboards, streamers and wannabe esports, and the game being actually fun to play or having anything interesting is strictly secondary.

Some of the unique armors have skins that cover your legs but templar is generally known to be pantless

It's the latest league's gimmick. I don't think it will be added to the normal game.

easy game

>implying you played the CB
fuck off retard

yes, don't listen to haters, sure its not game you will spend weeks in, its more play once and forget deal but its still good deal

If it's Softcore League it usually make it to Standard.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_enrB2cyM

>because that would be too strong

lmao@ur'e life
you are so out of date old man

Nigga what the fuck is that crop

ty

Hardcore and Softcore challenge leagues have the same mods nowadays.

I honestly have no idea what happened

Don't

play

PoE

So was playing and then entered dried lake in cruel and i get like 500-1000 ping, 1-3 fps even if there is nothing. Yesterday and today... Literally can't progress. What happening.

its fun

i usually make like one character a league and get to tier 10 maps before i get bored

definitely viable solo, i only play solo or with a friend and never trade

its easier than ever to get into, normal is a joke compared to the past

Really? Weird.

fuck off retard :^)

>needs specific setup of top tier items and specific cheese character build
Try again

Deserved it

>dont play Hardcore PoE.

What exactly happened here?

What happened there? Some kind of damage reflect effect? Or enemies that explode on death?

there are exactly 2 required items for that and both are dirt cheap, thanks for moving those goalposts

They explode after a certain time dealing elemental damage from one of the three elements

those enemies leave orbs on death that explode after a duration and do a lot of damage
he jumps back into them to pick up the prophecy wand

>top tier items
he specifically said you can do the build with ~30 chaos (you only really need those essence crafted weapons with whatever rolls because essence guarantees the poison roll)
>specific cheese character build
Now you're just being retarded

it's easily the best ARPG out there, don't know how fun it is to play solo though as i have only played it with friends

Man I live in such a videogame hugbox. I honestly forget people don't like PoE. PoE is good shit, it's definitely the best ARPG that's ever been made at this point. I'm personally waiting to see if any of these KOR ARPGMMO's end up being fun, since that seems like the direction to go with ARPG's to shake it up at this point. Plus This league is kinda ass since how hard the end game is without having many builds that can actually take it on, but it's been fun anyways. Here's my partial build list from last league.
>not pictured
>my meme shit that didn't pan out

It is, but you will end up trading with people if you wanna really get anywhere. And it is a huge time sink, but in my experience a good kind of time sink, makes me want to keep playing and try new builds.

beat me by 8 months. I was still a torchlight babby at the time, PoE seemed dope as hell, so I didn't want to wait for an Invite so I bought in, which I don't regret at this point, got a ton of points out of it, a kiwi and immediate access.

>the game is stale and too easy except it's also too hard
>the gem/support gem system is broken and blatantly rewards single-button gameplay except for all these movement skills and curses and flasks
>the itemization is boring because it's all hp+resists except for all these armor types and links and sockets and resistences

ok

yeah I regret dropping just 5 for the key now

>since that seems like the direction to go with ARPG's to shake it up at this point.
What direction is that?

>it's definitely the best ARPG that's ever been made at this point
lol

Name a better one.

>no endgame
>right in the middle of the endgame expansion

wew

Diablo 2

>I'm a retarded drone and I'll purposefully misinterpret and twist your arguments in any possible way that might show my stupidity in a better light
ok

Do you like grinding semi-randomly generated areas for countless hours to maybe find good enough gear/currency to buy gear to do harder content, ad infinitum until you get one shot by a boss add in the hardest map with crazy damage mods on it?

The games whole appeal is to get good enough gear to do ridiculous content with/its semi-competitive hardcore temporary league environment. And i would say that if you dont want a hardcore permadeath experience that you might be better off playing a different game.

Cred Forums is filled with casuals, what do you expect?

The people calling it repetitive are pretty correct, but I'd say its worth a few hardcore playthroughs. There's a good number of skills, and not much need to specialize until later in the game. Lots of interesting loot get mechanics, some fun enemies and encounters, and if you play on hardcore you get that extra intensity.

Not a game to spend your life on, though it kinda wants you to.

Diablo 2 has less content and has more flaws.

Diablo 3

b-but more nostalgia!

Deeper structure, with a bit more flash. In terms of raw numbers and maths and items, PoE is going to remain king as long as it's updated just due to it's sheer size at this point. So the KOR versions that are basically isometric MMO's seems like an interesting innovation.
There's nothing that can even remotely compete witht he game in terms of content these days, especially with how scaling works and how not all content is available to all builds. You can literally fail out in endgame. I have about 600 hours on D3 at this point in ROS, and I can safely say that is no where near the level PoE is. D2 is on life support and so figured out at this point and has such limited build diversity that it can't compete. TL is TL, and all the other ones are more like adventure games than grinding mob blasters.
I'm actually positive you're going to say D2 like every other good little fuckboy, so I'm not even going to broach that, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you think a different ARPG is better.
That's fine, and I figured that most of the comments would be derogatory but the pure vitriol from the people that couldn't even make it out of leveling is pretty fucking impressive.

People praise the game for it's huge build diversity, but that's a load of bullshit since 99% of the builds require specific unique items that have insane value.

>You mean I actually have to fulfill certain requirements to win? The game doesn't just randomly decide it for me? Wow, artificial difficulty much?
RNG babies in a nutshell.

even less content and even more flaws.

diablo 2

I put 150-ish hours into this and had a good amount of fun, but really don't feel like ever coming back. Mind numbing grind is fun for a while, but it's still mind numbing grind.

As a plus, I find that it's the best game in the genre to play summoner, pic related.

ARPGs are pretty casual, though, so thats not relevant.

Diablo 3, while fun from time to time, is extremely limited.

>

WHAT THE FUCK

THE GAME HAS THE BEST ENDGAME

THIS LEAGUE IS ALL ABOUT ENDGAME TOO

I SWEAR TO GOD

Space Hack

>awful community
Is this code for "global told me to git gud and I'm mad now"?

ROFL

>but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts
path of exile is a shit game is my thoughts.

>You can literally fail out in endgame.
Not if you're running ci bv pathfinder.

>people actually dislike this game

I thought Cred Forums had good taste...

>dude you have to play PoE bro
>it's so fucking good
>it's like D2 but it has thousands of builds bro
>any class can do any build bro
>bro seriously all the builds
>ALL the builds bro
>just make sure you follow a guide to an established build to the letter otherwise your character will be salvageable and you'll have to start over
>but seriously bro the builds all of them

>Do you like grinding semi-randomly generated areas for countless hours to maybe find good enough gear/currency to buy gear to do harder content, ad infinitum

Isn't that literally the appeal to this genre? Min-max the shit out of a gimmick build to see how well it works?

It's worth getting into if you like arpgs, It's also viable playing solo but mostly if you're playing SC since the chances of getting raped without a support is pretty high. Anyways the game is fun and there's plenty to do if you've never played it, they're making it a bit more casual though which I do not like but still fun to play.

You don't desync anymore, since it's always synchronized. Now you don't have to wonder what's actually happening, you get to watch the monsters kill your unresponsive character.

Every time a post like this is written, original Diablo rolls in its grave.

7/10
its pretty alright
leveling is a fucking chore though, only level once, maybe twice a league if i rip early in hardcore.

You new or something? Cred Forums is what happen when a bunch of tards with no sphincter control congregate.

All you can get out of it is shit and screaming

experienced players can make all the builds
brand new players can't

>>just make sure you follow a guide to an established build to the letter otherwise your character will be salvageable and you'll have to start over

You're supposed to do this only when you start playing. As you learn more about the systems inside the game you'll start to create your own builds that will be viable. Are you stupid? Is gaining knowledge about a game and mastering it something alien to you?

There's plenty of endgame viable skill gems. It's the passive tree that's less forgiving.

>Deeper structure, with a bit more flash. In terms of raw numbers and maths and items, PoE is going to remain king as long as it's updated just due to it's sheer size at this point. So the KOR versions that are basically isometric MMO's seems like an interesting innovation.
What exactly is the structure of lost ark anyway? Aside from more MMO elements and more raid-style bosses and more FLASHHHHH I don't really know a lot about it.

I've been thinking about my "dream ARPG" and I'd sure as fuck cut the click-based combat for WASD. Make it more challenging as well, there's really no reason for literally the entire first playthrough of the game to be a cakewalk, and the combat should be smarter, more skillful, whatever, as long as it's less "meat grinder". Less liberty with the TP scrolls as well, if you're in a dark dungeon fighting satans minions you shouldn't be able to just pop into town at a moments notice, you should be "out there". Make it more like a traditional game, you can have infinite progression and loot-mania, but someone who just plays the game once or twice shouldn't be left scratching their head over what the fuck people see in this shit.

Maybe you should respond, then.

Gotta love that since mongo can't complain and use desync as a catch all reason they died like tards, you can spot the baddies with a 100% accuracy

I'm not gonna defend or argue this point. I like watching tards hit a wall in act 4 cruel.

You can hit a wall that early? I haven't played the game with too many builds, but I remember everything until maps being buttery smooth.

>t. GGG social engineer
Instead of spending all your money on shilling, why don't you guys buy some new servers? It would probably be cheaper in the long run.

it's seriously hilarious, really. There are VERY few builds that can't handle normal malachai easily, and cruel is manageable if you got basic skills. If you passed Daresso you should certainly be fine in any case.

But then you get tards like these, the kind that probably stand in daresso shit, and when you rightfully inform them that standing in a cloud of blade isn't conductive to health they blubber and moan about the game being unfair, or shit, or stupid, or whatever their barely cognisant brain can conjure to save them their fragile ego.

Yeah it's like my hobby to scrape the bottom of the barrel on twitch for new players and mongs that feel like their snowflake 98% life builds are surely the correct ones.

It's when not getting enough life starts to really punish you

Hey there baddie. Where did you lose your favorite character? Seeing the large amount of stupid in your post i'll go with trying to tank the vaal smash.

Marauder totemancer is probably the build with highest survivability, isn't it?

It's basically Diablo 2 MMO, with an extended skill tree.

The only problem I have with it, it every major patch pretty much screws up every single build there is, so you're pretty much guaranteed to make a new character every patch.

I have ~1200 hours logged on steam. I played long before I joined my account with steam account.

Yet my highest level character is 71. Lategame is endless and I just started doing it. It's also super hard even on softcore (atziri, labyrynth, etc). But I spent most of my time trying out funny builds based around random uniques I found or trying out "that new league". I play self found only mostly, sometimes I trade currency with some of my friends. You don't have to follow guides to understand the game but expect first few characters to be shit since you can't easily respec.

I liked D2 and D3 is my #1 buyers remorse.

To be fair, with good playing you can go around with 800-10000 easily , at least as a ranged character. Decoy is probably too good. Most of my rangers ends up in that barrel since i generally hit the scion life wheel only in cruel. A large amount of new players will get culled by Daresso or Torchoak grove

/poeg/ get out we're trying to have fun in here

>grove and triskeriaki before nerfs
>release normal/cruel malachai

What do they pay you for each post? Not much I assume based on the quality of your writing. You should go work for Hillary, I hear she's pretty generous to her shills.

They don't pay me anything, seeing shitter fail at something i do easily is reward enough.

Might be fat virgin but i know for a fact i'm not as shit as you at a videogame. Probably better than you at a very large number of things, thinking of it.

/d3g/ fags go back to your shitty general, oh wait you don't have one... ____LOL

who here delivers pizza to wraeclast, if you don't get yours in 30 min you get another one for FREE

How do you play different specs in PoE? Can you respec your character or do you have to Reroll every time? What are the costs if any to respec? Can classes be changed or is it just reseting your skills?

>$0.02 has been deposited to your account. Keep up the good work!

do any pizza places still do this? all the big names do not give a FUCK about making you wait 2 hours for a pizza

>after getting btfo in every other possible way, the poedrone reverts to "but you're just bad" and logoutcore elitism
lol

Every time like clockwork.

I can see independant smallish pizza places doing delivry that still do, otherwise people like their shitty franchise saucy pizza too much

You get a limited amount of respec points throughout the 3 playthroughs. It's enough to fix a lot of minor blunders, but nowhere near enough to completely change your build. You can get more of those points via in-game items, but it's expensive and slower than just making a new build.

Also, every time a major update hits, your every character gets a full respec. The problem is that by then they're moved to standard league rather than the new FOTM one.

Also, keep in mind that even without respeccing, your passive tree is flexible to a degree. If you specced for a fire witch for example, you can more or less freely switch between any fire spells you find.

Templar is honestly the coolest "paladin" I've ever played. An old, sinewy, bearded, ornery fuck who dispenses harsh justice accented in Scottish. Never really got into PoE endgame, but they nailed that character.

there's nothing more casual than braindead clickfests

Who do you think creates viable builds dipshit? It's people who've played the game enough to understand the mechanics. Your stupid post is the equivalent of some uneducated mongoloid walking into CERN and mashing buttons on a computer and getting upset that the big particle smashy thing didn't turn on

How is this instant death shit supposed to be fun?

What happened here? Reflect?

yeah, old reflect was no joke

yes, that and skimping on dmg mitigation

It's not an mmo. At all.

I stopped playing after I realized that the only viable way to get good gear is by trading.

all you get is:
>currency drops
>high value gear drops, which you'll never use

Proceed to trade.

0 satisfaction tbqh

Reflect Damage boss against a Crit build.
He critted himself to death in one shot.

Only the most grossly overpowered FOTM builds get gutted. Reasonably powerful thngs like SRS have been going strong for a long time.

it wasn't supposed to be fun
it used to be a ballance decision to limit how ridiculous your damage could be
too bad the devs forgot about that

SRS summoner would be so insane if it's QoL wasn't dogshit

>Trisk

I hate that fucking Rakango. When I started playing, he was the bane of my poorly-planned Marauder.

What is the middle difficulty even for?

First difficulty has a point because it's where newcomers experience the game and where your build takes its general shape. Last difficulty has a point because that's where proper challenge happens and where you access endgame content from. But the middle one is just fucking padding with no reason to exists besides "because D2 did it".

"Cruel" is right because making people go through that shlock is just cruel.

Literally everyone who plays PoE a decent amount agrees Cruel difficulty serves no purpose other than level- and stat-padding.
We don't know why it's there either.

Something about Cruel or the leveling in gerenal is coming next major patch

it's from when the game had much less content
if we get act 5 I could see them removing it right off the bat

They already talked about it at lenght. They needed a mid difficulty to do the trasition back when Lunaris 3 was the end.

They already said they wanted to remove it once they got enough content to bridge it from low levels to ''merciless''. Once 1-2 more acts are released they'll probably drop it, I expect act 4 or 5 to give the -20% ele resist, while the second go around the whole thing would be merciless -60%.

Cruel exists to trick people into thinking their build is good and then RIP them on act 4 ending

I think they've said they're going to remove it once they introduce act 5. So instead of 3*4 acts it will be 2*5. Given how much end game content they're adding I feel it will make sense if they up the XP a bit for each area to make up for the lost 2 acts.

>act 5 released
>We understand there are concerns with how the current leveling process is. To address these worries we are reimplementing Ruthless Difficulty for a total of four difficulties.

(This is a buff.)

Its alright.

I thought I was the only person to play on Steam

fuck this game

shit quality and unironically p2w

and the people who made it are completely retarded

please explain how it's p2w

how is it p2w, i'm legitimately interested

you will need to buy more stash space and trade tabs

if you're serious about playing this game you will need to spend at least $50 on it

It's probably just there so the game can be more like diablo.

Yeah, pretty complex.

Pretty much everyone plays almost exclusively solo, it doesn't scale very well into parties but it can be fun if you do party (just like every diablo game)

>trade tabs

github.com/xyzz/acquisition

>more stash space

just keep things that sell for over 1 chaos. youll have plenty of space if you do this

10 bucks for a currency tab and 1-2 premium tabs, if you're still picking up everything that drops you're still too new to bitch

Malachai and Daresso are actually fair, fun bosses. I liked them. I liked Act 4 Piety, too.

The most bullshit boss in the game is that Act 3 fucker who only does 2 things: he either summons the ice totems that can rape you to death if you don't telebamf out or he fire his SIMPLY EBIN 1-shot lightning beam laz0r at you. And he just rapidly cycles between those 2 things. Seriously, FUCK that boss. And then he turns into a big vaal-corrupted demon which is an ABSOLUTE pushover because he doesn't have retardedly overpowered bullshit one-shot lightning bolt anymore (Piety also has a bullshit one-shot lightning bolt on the hardest difficulty, and she can spam it at you from outside YOUR sight range gg). Such a badly balanced shitty boss.

Daresso is just "my entire body is made of swords" and Malachai is like you're playing a tohou or some shit just try to not get hit by ALL the damage blobs that are covering your screen (you're still gonna get hit though)

>paying to have more space to store your junk is enough to be considered pay to win by some people

needing to use 3rd-party programs doesn't make this game non-p2w
that isn't enough room bud

... You find dominus harder than daresso/malachai ? What ?

maybe better for the time but still objectively a worse game in a straight comparison when ignoring the context of their release dates.
lol

You can get by with 5 tabs (and maybe a couple mules)
if you need more than 10 tabs + a currency tab then you're doing something terribly wrong

It's an old gif. He made a build that stacked crit and crit multiplier to the highest they could reach. He had literally zero life from gear or passives. It was a joke build to show off how casual players think the game is all about damage. He stopped at a reflect pack. He looked at it. He said into the camera, this is why you don't build shit like this. Then he one-shot himself to a reflect pack.

daresso isn't the real boss of his encounter, it's the instant spawn low visibility swords that decimate your shit if you even brush them

>that isn't enough room bud
if you honestly think that then you need to git gud.

that's exactly what it is

even if other formally p2w games you can acquire everything through grinding for it rather than spending cash

in this game you HAVE to spend the money. there is no alternative

this game is more p2w than almost all other games that aren't pretending not to be

no you can't. you need room for vendor recipes, high ilvl crafting bases, and tons of other things

i've been playing this game for four years. i would know

because that .gif is hilarious.

The funny part is that the p2w is so stealth that shitters who pay to win probably won't even do it. GGG can't do anything right.

Having more stash space correlates to being able to do better vendor recipies that require more storage space for better/more currency. Some guy actually did super autistic probability/statistics math for it and proved it.

Lost Ark, like the Lineage one coming out, and I think there's a third KOR ARPG too, can't remember the name. They're basically Isometric MMO's, with that trademark KOR anime flash, if it was only LA coming out there'd be no chance of it being remotely interesting/good, but since there's 3 games, maybe one wont' be sucha p2w shitshow, especially since they're getting split development and that stuff doesn't fly in the west. And I'm primarily interested in Lost Ark, like most people, so I guess I'll explain that one. It's a more open world ARPG, witha FFXIV style MSQ, with world quests/dungeons/bosses, on top of standard ARPG leveling fare. It also seems to have a dedicated physic engine, which may just be garbage cinematic shit just for show, but hopefully not. It uses a Tera like system where weapons are dedicated to specific classes and you upgrade in that fashion. There's also the side bullshit people like, you can fish and smith and shit like that. But it's all tied into a loot grind system. I describe it to people initially as a top down isometric MMORPG, and I think that's fitting. It's getting a release sometime next year in the west, and the last I checked it's out in OB in KOR next month. They just did a big Closed Beta where they showed the bones of the game. I didn't watch a ton of that footage, but there's quite a bit out there. I'm personally very excited, the skill system looks robust as fuck which is always important. It's just a matter of them not fucking the game with p2w trash/ false marketing/ bad western release, shit like that. It's got a lot of interesting concepts and I hope that because of the huge western delay, they actually make the game well, but I am hopeful, but certainly not optimistic. Lineage is basically the same vein of game, but without the apparent depth, but a more story oriented twist, along witha PvP system that actually looks legit, and way bigger parties, essentially 64 man world boss raids. Looks dubious desu.

>in this game you HAVE to spend the money.

Explain to me how I have over 1000 hours in this game, reach lvl 95+ every league, have a ton of currency by the end of it (even enough to manipulate certain parts of the market slightly) and trade with tons of players, all without spending a single dollar in this game and without having a single extra tab?

Seriously, just learn how to play the game before you spout your nonsense.

delete your trashcan league duders and start muling

Dunno since how long you played, but Dominus hits like a wet noodle at this point. The totem are annoying, but if you move out ( as you should) then there is no way the Fist of God will hit out. Dominus gives you PLENTY of time compared to some later big hits. His elite gard are harder if you try to just tank them all at once.

Real, TRUE annoyance is Izaro if you don't know him and let some of his more bullshit mechanics go through, like the curses or the haste empowerment. You need to know what they do, and how to tackle them ( ie not feeding him the elmental by mistake, or pushing him down a phase before the right moment) while dodging the slams, the waves, the bombardment bullshit, etc.

Dont waste ur time.

The game is pretty fun on 1 playthrough. But people play through this game 1000s of times. I think you need to be a special type of person to be able to enjoy this kind of grind. For me it was the same in Diablo 2, i played it through on the first difficulty and loved it, played it through on the 2nd difficulty and it was kind of repetitive, then i dropped the game. I still love D2, i just can't stand playing through the same areas and same quests over and over. I've played through PoE probably 10 times, mostly with my friend who has played it through at least 100 times and is still playing it. At least in WoW you get a new island or world to go to every now and then. In PoE you're seriously expected to play through the same quests and same areas every time a new expansion hits. Yeah, no thanks. It's still a good game, i thought Amnesia was a god tier game for example but i don't play it through 900 times, twice was enough.

>there is no alternative
You can have 24 characters on a base account. All that inventory space equals about 10 stash tabs. Which, well, is more than you should need. If you're saving 1-3C rares hoping to sell them in your shops then that's where you're fucking up. Just vendor them. They're literally not worth the stash space it takes to save them for selling.

>vendor recipes
what recipe takes up seven tabs of space?
>high ilvl crafting bases
do you only put one item per tab or something? 'negative space' is an artistic thing, not useful for storage efficiency.

10 bucks he keeps every 60+ rares, even trough you should just keep 2 or so of each slot outside the bottlenecks ( ring/amulet/belts)

Pretty much. And the grind has only gotten worse. Act 4 was too much, then they added the ascendancy trials and labyrinth. Leveling now is such an awful chore especially when you consider shit like masters and the Atlas once you hit maps.

I've played way too much path of exile and leveling is by far the worst part of the game, and by the time you get to the "fun" part of the game you're burned out to the point where you're better off not even starting.

It's the best arpg ever released, and has the best f2p system in the market. Cred Forums would say "no" no matter what game you asked about.

>complaining about Lab

What the fuck, user. Lab is the funnest part of the game after maps.

if you make it through cruel and merciless then maps have a ton of variety.

everyone hates cruel and merciless and are just trying to get their build to maps.

it's the best because there's literally nothing else. d3 isn't an arpg, it's a piece of shit casual blizzard game.

it's only free because the game engine is a joke and having a steady 20fps is considered lucky. constant server crashes and bugs and massive lag spikes. balance issues, trading issues, progression issues. the game is plagued with problems. that's why it's free

>having a steady 20fps is considered lucky. constant server crashes and bugs and massive lag spikes. balance issues, trading issues, progression issues

That's weird, I haven't experienced any of that.

How hard is to completely leave this world and live in parralel dimensions? You seem to have mastered it, it's impressive.

>lab
>fun

I really hope you're joking

It's plenty fun when you got huge regen and can stand in the traps.

What do you mean? It's absolutely thrilling and exciting.

what's wrong, not close enough to dried lake to your taste ?

at least we don't have to run 18 trials per character anymore :^)

clearly the thousands of people complaining are all false flags

>If there's a chance I could fail when I don't pay attention then it isn't fun!
that's opposite.

>Worth getting into?
if still need a hog of a gaming rig
no is not worth

they only once tried to optimize it
guess what, the one they hire better quit after one month

for fuck sake, you realy dont get crpgs.
Your post is probably bait but for the rest of newbs,
stats are for skill of your char, not yours.

Example: im dumb ,weak and ugly but i want to play with INT 20,STR 20 & CHA 20, my RL skillset cant perform on that level.
Skillbased rpgs are actualy action games with story and wardrobe simulator and ruin good old wrpgs.

dumb catposter

I could forgive purely technical issues like fps drops and lag, if the game wasn't fundamentally broken on every level.

As an example look at health, mana and energy shield. HP isn't even how much damage you can take, it's a threshold number for the level of content you can do without being oneshotted so you can instaheal yourself back to full. Mana isn't a resource or ammo, it's a buffer for your """"sustain"""" that infinitely regens or leeches it back and the game is balanced for infinite spamming. ES is completely irrelevant if you don't go CI, and then it's just a shittier HP.

care to link to them, i have a large suspicion that they are very old post or brazillians with toaster pc's.

Seriously, please do give me a link. There are thousand of those, should be quite easy.

Who? Where?

yes it is

are you talking about the optimization that happened around a month ago ? because there was an optimization a month ago

I feel as you are shitposting with old information, as is often the case.

I feel sorry for whoever did lose a few IQ points by reading your post. I'll miss them myself.

This

This game was only driven to popularity because
>le diablo 3 hate meme

Literally the only reason.

wanna jump back into this game, any fun builds I should try out?

>path of healthnodes

This is how you know someone hasn't played the game for the last six months where energy shield has been the meta.

this game got so much praise when it was announced. everyone shilled over diablo 3 because everyone was mad d3 was always online. poe does it though no one bats an eyelash. everyone loves having trade because muh d2 because d3 took theirs away. an economy in a already grind fest game is bound to be ruined by botters and here people are finally realizing that poe shit drop rate and microtransactions are shit catered to 24/7 botting where d3 didn something right with reasonable drop rates multiple build paths through legendary powers not reliant on shitty drop rates

Just get Titan Quest nigga

ci bv pathfinder

It's physically impossible that you lost points of IQ by reading my post, because if you're a poetard you have zero left to begin with.

this game was born, lived and died with Kripp

almost half the playerbase left when he quit poe and moved to hearthstone

SRS Summoner
Ancestral Protector Chieftain
Flameblast Totem Inquisitor
CI BV Pathfinder
Earthquake Slayer

Good thing the brain isn't a muscle you fucking idiot. Just because it isn't physically possible doesn't mean it's not mentally possible. Stay in school, kids.

the two biggest builds right now are BV and Warchief totems which are both afk builds
flameblast (to a lesser extent flameblast totem) actually takes some effort and stress for a big payoff if you don't like standing there laughing as some effect dps's down the target for you.

oh hey guys what's going on in this thre-

uh oh

>Ancestral Protector

Chieftain

>horse shit with a cherry on top.
that made me laugh more then it should

and Kripp is back :^)

is high attack speed lightning arrow/tornado shot actually viable ?

in softcore, much to the hardcore player base's dismay

nah he already fucked off back to workstone or whatever game pays him enough shekels to stream

yes

oh good
I was giving it a go a couple days ago, died like a retard because I haven't played for a while
Seemed strong/fun but I wasn't in cruel/mercielss

How do i make certain items on the ground more visible like pic related? Is this a mod or an option or am i retarded

loot filters

hardcore is retarded, they only put just enough effort into designing the game such that hardcore isn't completely unplayable, they don't have the time to make it actually fun (although maybe fun is against the spirit of hardcore? so that might be a positive).

thank and checked

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter
Just use the latest one at the bottom of the page.

rip ziggy's back

>end-game is just using the same 2-3 abilities that you spent your whole game time optimizing to their maximum potential so you can go grind bosses for gear to optimize your skills furthermore so you can become the ultimate spam god

Never again.

Welcome to the genre

You forgot to mention that the gear in this game is ugly as fuck and your character looks like a fucking clown unless you spend sweet dollarydoos on cosmetics.

>the abilities aren't even anything cool, just the same tiny little shitty fireballs, cleaves and multiarrows with the damage and attack/cast speed numbers dialed up to 11 million

just get the free cosmetics every league, you aren't *complete* shit, are you user?

>Get to level 100 as templar
>Unkillable god that destroys everything he sees instantly
>Never found a pair of pants

Wild strike is the only fun ability in the game desu

They don't die

they become worse

See RTS are now MOBAS so more casuals can shit it up and blame team instead of themselves.

See people can't afford MMO subscription so we get f2p with p2w attached.

People can't aim, so aim assisted iron sight shooters are the norm now

>mfw totem summoning fags play with literally 1 ability

The cosmetics look like shit to be honest. You either look like a hobo or like a super saiyan.

Not all of us play Path of Boredom 24/7, friend.

Hold your tongue heretic, he is too busy crushing corruption to ponder about pantaloons.

Is it too must to ask for an ARPG that plays like Devil May Cry or something? I love the loot and billion and builds and stuff but click-to-do-everything is boring gameplay.

IMO it is great. Free to play but not pay to win.
It's like Diablo, but with FF7 Materia based magic instead of learning or skill-tree based magic (meaning every spell or ability comes from color-coded magic gems that you put in color-coded slots/linked-slots in your weapons).
It has a realistic artstyle, an impressive web of passive skill points for its leveling system (plus normal character stats), and a massive number of abilities from the gems, which you can often combine with other gems to make combo abilities as well (via the linked slots).

I actually liked it more than Diablo III

>Want to build around vaal skill
>Need sacrificial harvest
>Need 2 minimal to be relevant and not feel shit while playing
>Each sac harvest is 60c with shit rolls

>Want to play some niche build like CWDT
>14ex for the axe
>140c for one helmet

Hope you nerds enjoy playing Warchief Totems/Blade Vortex/Firestorm/Essence Drain/Generic brain dead build GGG forces #281728

Vindictus is closest to that I'd say.
Wish there was a standalone non-MMO version of it.

>no endgame
What?

That's all they have been focusing on. Why are you lying on the internet?

Now, the game is actually repetitive and grindy.

I've personally had good experiences with other players. Just because you find players trying to jew you all the time doesn't mean the community is shit. Only the trading community is.

feeble minded feline poster

Kingdom Hearts

>performance is fixed
Ground effects are currently an absolute nightmare, even with multithreading and the servers are unstable as they've always been.
I understand you're trying to damage control the game, but lying like everything is fixed never works.

Isn't Diablo 3 doing better than POE?

nah

I had 60 fps dipping into 20 during certain effects or with a lot of monsters on the screen, now I'm constantly between 100 and 80 fps dipping AT MOST into 50 territory.

Not lying in the slightest, asshole.

it sold a fuckton in China and on consoles, but it's not getting back the majority of the players it lost during its first year over the shitty servers, the RMAH debacle and the droprate rigging
also currently no new content for 18 months

Man I tried getting back into that when I realized I got the anniversary edition for free but.. the combat is just too god damn floaty for me. It was literally no weight behind it and feels weird.

reminder if you life globe isn't covered by this fancy ES thingy your build is shit

Why do people hate TL so much? I can understand not playing it because it isn't "hardcore" like PoE, but there seems to be a lot of legitimate malice directed at the game.

I am not touching a Blizzard game again. The Real Money Trading they implemented is unforgivable.

but user i run summoner. just grind for legenderies to sell then buy the shit you need/want.

PoE and D3 are both great examples of how you can ruin everything if you design a game around economy and trading. And then D3 doubled down on the retardition and removed trading to compensate for increasing drops.

Games like these should be made so even self-found players have a reasonable ability to get their hands on top tier gear, and allow trading anyway. Who gives a fuck if some imaginary bauble market crashes, the focus of the game should be on making a good action rpg instead of an excel sheet&wall street simulator.

Funny because everytime I run a ground effect map with a party I get ping spikes up to 600 from 40 and my fps spikes across the board too.
Certain monster effects with aoe even do the same with thing.
Maybe you should play endgame content and you'd experience that.

I kinda like summoners but it got old using the 3 viable spectres over and over again

/poeg/ is here right? are we having fun this league guys?

Yeah that made it somewhat shitty. I like focusing on zombies and shit though. Makes the build more fun in my mind. Though I always know in the back of my head that in endgame a flea could fart on me and I would explode.

doesn't that suck spectres are only as good as mob ai allows? path of exile is like a showcase on how to squander every fucking ounce of potential you have and settle for retarded shit
all these kiwis need to learn to program so the game's only 50% shit instead of 99%

>Softcore babies

Honestly these kind of issues could be fixed in a single day with like 3 programmers

Just play facebreaker shield sharge and grind lower content for currency and then make one of your expensive meme builds.

why dont people ever post webms of Cast on Crit?

even old webms of Cast on crit, seeing as its nerfed to shit now

that would be the ideal way to get Cred Forumstards with shit attention spans to play the game

Most would never make it to the level CoC needs to "come online"

just need a vagan dagger, and a 5l volls protector and you can call it a day on shitcore

on hardcore, yeah, you'd need energy shield items which cost more

I am.

It has great systems in place and many build possibilities, but the grind is so high that you get bored before you ever finish a build

CoC is useless but you can still use a Cospri's malice to play coc discharge. Just need to solve accuracy problems like you did pre Vagan

You have never worked on a real code base.
A) The issues are not that simple
B) Even if they were that simple, detangling them from a codebase that is years old makes it magnitudes more difficult.

nah not anymore, CoC discharge is garbage now and any meme build will destroy it

Time to play some Blade Vorte-

zzzzzzz

defer to the original post :^)

already got 36 challenges and quit for the league

now i wait and shitpost for two months until the next one

it's routine at this point

Is it possible yet to get to 100 from 70 without grinding for hundreds of hours and hoping for map rng?

Is earthquake still viable?
I fucking loved it when it released.

yeah
jugger EQ is the safest build

Yeah, with grinding for thousands of hours in dried lake.

no

it takes unreal amounts of autistic dedication

like monster hunter, but much worse.

>Skillbased rpgs are actualy action games with story and wardrobe simulator
And are objectively superior as games than traditional RPGs as they demand both skill and strategy from you making them more fun, while traditional ones only require strategy.

Strategy is a skill

When do you think they'll release Diablo 4?

Just kidding, for games like those anybody's strategy off the internet would work and you just have to have your recipe for success memorized, rather than in an actual action game where it comes down to performance skill and timing mastery to be successful

not that anything in the RPG genre requires that though :^)

they'll rerelease all their old games first, more about it at blizzcon

Listen to this man right here, ARPGS are for casual, low skill shitters. Which is great since Cred Forums is packed to the brim with that type. When you ladies want your skills tested step to a real, critically skill dependent game like Skyrim, it's the Dark Souls of the rpg genre. The deep, dynamic combat will wrack your feeble brain in a unrelenting fury of fast, skill based encounters that keep you submerged in some of the most complex and puzzling story twists ever seen in a videogame.

I have a lot of fun with it, running an occulist witch with curses, chaos damage and ES for defense.

Navigating the Passive tree is interesting and the new way mapping works is cool, if a bit annoying that i keep missing low tier maps and have to go back to lower tier maps to get those that are missing in the Atlas.

Rip my necromancer, she is now in Standard league.

bruh how do you even die as occultist, vile ward is fucking insane

This is ridiculus

the occulist didn't die, my necromancer did

bullshit

i can't read dawg, pls 4give

Rofl Diablo 3 ros has less players than Diablo 2.

To the op, Poe is challenging as fuck and certainly not for everyone. It's basically a very expansive Diablo 2

I haven't played in years, got a level 55 Duelist and no clue how to build anything.
Where do I start?

haha the fuck

Well, what do you want to use?

FUCKING SOULVIZIER WHEN

I can tell this isn't /poeg/, there's 65 too many unique posters and not enough dumb cats.

I played D2 for the first time in my life last year because of all the fuzz about the game.

Thinking about how nostalgia-deluded were all the people praising it I couldn't deny how much fun the game was.

The music, the gameplay, the dark themed villages and immersive setting were incredibly well done.

Except for the stamina system, man that was a shitty movement experience.

combining modern MMO concepts and classic ARPG elements is so fucking retarded though.

You end up with shit that fails as both

Multiplayer h&s games are fucking cancer, because they enable the devs to jew the fuck out of the players through online trading. Fuck this piece of shit game and fuck Diablo 3, I would rather play single player h&s games like Titan Quest or Dungeon Siege 3.

>This is ridiculus

no user this is exponential

rate my scion build, guys

every time

Game is shit don't bother.

>the skills
>the flasks
>that one dude in global wants to sell his shitty maul
>the attempt to flamedash
>the late groundslam from the right
>the 3 unspent skillpoints
>std attack on mouse one
>the thinking about how often he already died in there to fill the arena up like that

This webm is so perfect, that guy had no idea what he created here, one for the ages.

wait i just realized, he also spect into MoM in normal.

more of these comics

>Worth getting into?
Yes.
>Is it viable on solo?
Yes, although I hope you don't mean to play through it self-found.

I think I'm overspending on crafting shitty strongboxes.

yes

only if you get lucky or have a boring build or have already played the shit out of it

>poe killed d3
>paladins is killing overwatch as we speak
>sc2 killed by mobas
>hots dead on arrival
>wow slowly dying

one by one they fall. blizzard is finally dying

You never got a skill to 99 on runescape, it shows

time and time again it was said the only thing big enough to kill blizzard was blizzard themselves
as the prophecy fortold

>that awful feel

I've run 6 uber atziri runs so far since making this char

5 chests
1 mask

kill me

welcome to EVERY RPG EVER

They are removing cruel in 3.0.0, it's official.

>-[Close]
you forgot the SRS trap link

Yeah dude grinding is content preach it!

In Runescape, most skills had better ways to grind exp at higher levels. Like the moss walls at Falador.
But not nearly so in PoE. Your exp gain more or less caps out, and it takes autistic dedication to keep going.

>Cred Forumstards thinking that this game is going to pander to them so they can get to 100

it's sad user, don't you have some dark souls thread or something to go to?

No dark souls is shit

but it has the instant gratification that you seek

m-mods

are there any good doujins of the dark sun

GGG has a lot of detangling to do considering they don't even use modules. The fact that they have a god file makes the most absurd bugs happen and it's baffling that they haven't fixed it yet.

They would basically have to remake the engine

god the game is fucking doomed

>i know how to make games better than these people who have this amazing and successful game

I swear to god, every time programming discussions come up when it comes to games, people who code in other areas think they know shit. You don't know fucking shit about coding games. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

>amazing and successful game

do you deny it ? i wanna know the volume of laughter necessary

It has been constantly on the top 50 (or maybe even 25) of Steam games for how many years now? And way more people play the game from the PoE client itself than on Steam. By all metrics this is a highly successful video game.

quick Cred Forums

what is the most braindead, easy, faceroll, no attention or skill needed build I can try out in this game

I'm talking literally afk farming, 0 effort, make me feel like i'm a walking death god build

hey thats cool and all but d3 sold 30+ million units

>a free mindless clicking game has a lot of players
>this is an accomplishment somehow

CI BV, Ancestral Warchief, Pizzablast

In terms of programming ability, because that's what started this , yes, it is. Some programmer who runs a game with this many players is more experienced than some guy on the Internet complaining about how GGG has poor programmers who don't know what they're doing.

Juggernaut EQ

>Diablo on PS1 taking up like 14 blocks to save
>Items like Arkaine's Valor would randomly disappear and didn't understand why
>Me and a friend would end up doing Ironman runs of the whole game because we thought it was bugged
Genuinely fun despite the flaws in the PS1 version

Stamina becomes a nonexistant issue entirely once you start pumping points into Vitality.

Not really, you can overcome poor programming ability simply by spending more time working, a well-programmed piece of software mainly means that it's easier to extend the program later on. League of Legends' programming is embarrassingly bad and the developers have admitted to this every time they roll out a big update to the system to replace all the garbage they were using before (gradual updates to range calculations, replacing the Adobe Air client, etc.)

The secret is that ALL programming projects are disgusting messes hated by their coders because at some point you have to stop thinking 18 steps ahead of the development process and just bash your head against the wall until it breaks through, otherwise you'll never ship anything.

What's the better for undead summoning shenanigans, Templar or Witch?

I liked Diablo 3 RoS better, but the genre is just dead.

chieftain ancestral warchief
literally put the totem down, it taunts all the enemies and beats them to death while you stare out the window and drool

>muh BV
possibly stronger but you have to still self cast your stacks when you're at a safe point and enemies still run towards you unless you're running decoy totem (I mean, you are, but with chieftain passives your damage totem is also your decoy)
>EQ
you have to actually do stuff, you're tanky as shit and probably don't have to hit more than once unless it's a boss, but the afk-factor is nothing compared to totems.

witch necro

Yeah there is, there's only like 2 class combos that have shit for synergy.

>Not really, you can overcome poor programming ability simply by spending more time working, a well-programmed piece of software mainly means that it's easier to extend the program later on.

In the fairytale land that isn't game programming, I'd agree with you. For game programming this isn't true though. For game programming, 99% of the time, especially for indie developers (like GGG is), the best thing you can do is code the simplest and dumbest thing possible that works and not worry about making it easily extensible. This is because you don't wanna code for a future that might not exist. The game might fail for various reasons before it hits the end of development, the game might reach completion but fail because it wasn't popular, the game might not that need many updates, etc, etc. There's no real way of knowing everything, so you code for NOW and if you code for the future you are wasting your time now.

Coding games requires a lot of effort and you just have to code a ton of stuff, so coding for the future can be a huge waste of time that will kill projects before they're released. It's always better to have a popular game + shit code because you launched at the right time and wasn't too late, than to have proper code but miss your deadlines and fail to gain traction.

>especially for indie developers (like GGG is)
I didn't think these meme was in circulation anymore.

Righteous fire, you literally kill stuff by just walking near them.

Is Necromancer or Summoner viable in this game. I need my dose of skellybros.

I didn't believe in grim dawn back when it was in early acccess, but I recently started playing it right now, and it's the best after diablo 2.

Great itemization, even from low levels (level 26 and already got some build-changing blue items), great skill trees, constellation stuff adds extra layer of customization to your skills.

Only bad thing is no random generated maps.

diablo 2=diablo>grim dawn>path of exile>torchlight>van hellsing 2

skellingtons are very bad in poe, sorry for you're loss

You dumb piece of shit you just said the exact same thing I did but think you're disagreeing with me.

season 2 never

>no anime ever has a second season anymore, unless its a shitty game then you get 3+ seasons
End myself.

>chieftain ancestral warchief

got a link to any good builds for this? I'm pretty new to PoE so I scrolling through the forum and I don't really get if any of the builds are actually good or too expensive

>ARPG with bad summon system
I demand an explanation.

The current leagues removed all of the gear grind until level 60+

It's now fun as all fuck to play until end game.

At end game, if you're a serious player you'll find a rewarding experience where you get to create your own challenges.

If you're not a serious player you'll fucking hate it.

>tfw kripp poe streams are over 4ever

Is He-man's fault.

>every fall and spring season has the same "girls using hyper augmenting gear to fight each other/invading dimensional beings/aliens" show
>for two fucking decades now
>only symphogears was passable

the best summons arent actually full bodied skeletons

but

flaming skulls that you summon for a temporary duration (up to 11 seconds) that maul your enemies and move at sanic speed

the max you can have is 50

Grim Dawn with DAIL have various summoner skill trees, Necromancer, Arch Necromancer, Coronus, Voidcaller or whatever, plus the 2 base skill trees with summons.

Voidcaller or whatever was called was added in the last patches and it summons demons, it is based on fire and chaos damage and works well with the occult tree of the base game.

I have about 600 hours logged into PoE and I still really enjoy it. Its my favorite game to play after work while listening to podcasts and stuff and just getting comfy.

Summon Skeletons is very weak in relation to all other minion skills. Summoner is viable, Skeleton Summoner is not.

>I have never played any ARPG past normal difficulty: the post

You play summon raging spirits as your main attack and put your summon skellingtons with a cast when damage taken gem so you never have to think about summoning them they just appear.

I know. Currently playing.
Elaborate please.

>Elaborate please.

Its not meant to be a primary damage skill.

skeletings are fucking doodoo, that's all there is to it

You said there are other minion skills.

youtube.com/watch?v=jr1pRQmFOhk

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion
here u go bud

There is summon raging spirits which was designed to be the main summoning dmg spell, since you can summon 50 of them and they fuck shit up, summon spectre which summons copies of any monster you kill and summon skeletons, all of which can be used on the same spell together. Also look into Vaal summon skeletons if you wanna wreck shit

> all of which can be used on the same spell together

Same build I mean

its a bad game but if you have autism give it a go, you will love it, lots of boring grind mindless click spam

The game is fucking great as long as you ignore the fact the the devs only listen to the subreddit complain that it's too hard.

thanks

A lot of peaple say this as a negative. But just imagine what would happen if designers started listen to Cred Forums generals.

>its a bad game because I say so
nice opinions :^)

Any jspers in this thread?

I love the start of a league, selling all my currency for massive amounts of forum gold, waiting for the prices to drop then buying up 20x the amount I sold at 15% of what I sold it for and having a top of the line character.

he plays melee

>GGG doesn't even know that /poeg/ exists
>they made the carrion crow card and were completely oblivious

I don't understand.

just visit the general and ctrl+f "shitcrow".

SC stands for SoftCore (in contrast to HC for HardCore)
Shit Crow is a derogative term for SC players
There is a nigh-worthless divination card set called "The Carrion Crow" that was possibly designed by a player