Why is there not a single Playstation 1 emulator that just WORKS?

Why is there not a single Playstation 1 emulator that just WORKS?

They either don't work, or their UIs don't work or they don't recognize my gamepad or they don't even start because of some god damn plugin/bios DICKFUCKERY.
I tried ePSX, PCSX and Mednafen.
The first two didn't recognize the plugins, the latter played the rom but the GUI didn't work.

I just want to download a fucking zip file that I unpack and bam, I can play my Playstation roms. What PS1 emulators do you guys use that work?

Also, general Emulator thread I guess.

PSXFIN.

Retroarch+Mednafen

are you by chance retarded? These emulators are easy as to use

better yet why isnt there a decent xbox hueg emulator yet

This to be honest.

This always happens when I try to load FFtactics on Mednafen. It downloads an update, but nothing happens after.

Even if I manually update Mednafen, I keep getting this error.

Downloaded PPSPP on a whim so I could emulate Dissidia. Runs perfectly and it's crazy fun, wish I'd known about it earlier.

>Retroarch+Mednafen
>Retroarch

I play all my PlayStation games using the PSP's built-in emulator. It's the same process used by the PS2 to play PS1 games, so it's the most compatible way, short of having a physical PlayStation laying around.

>it's the most compatible way

Pretty sure I've heard of some PS1 games having glitches on PS2 that shouldn't be there. Don't recall if that also applies to PSP but good luck playing dual analog games with that.

Yeah, that's what I was implying with "short of..." It shares those same incompatibilities.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ape Escape the only game that required both analog sticks?

>that's what I was implying with "short of..."

You were implying it was the second most compatible option after a real PS1, which is false. Mednafen and probably other PS1 emulators have better compatibility than it.

>or they don't even start because of some god damn plugin/bios DICKFUCKERY.
RTFM dumbass it's not difficult to install plugins or bios it's not difficult to find them either.

Nope. There is a Japanese cooking game by the name of Oregon No Ryouri that needs both.

>not buying the consoles and just modding them

Best of both worlds.

Apparently the architecture for xbox was completely fucked making it pretty much impossible to emulate.

Maybe you just should stop being retarded

Believe it or not, the android PSX emulators seem to work just great for me on my phone and tablet. No bios nonsense or controller fuckery. have you tried Xebra as well for PC?

Nah. It was literally an off-the-shelf Pentium CPU and a Nvidia GPU with custom extensions. The problem was at some point that there was literally no documentation on how Nvidia GPUs work, but now there's the Nouveau project which has created open source Nvidia drivers (including for the model the Xbox is based on) so much of the legwork is already done. The real problem is nobody is both able and willing to put serious time into developing an Xbox emulator.

I played through valkyrie profile of all things on epsxe to completion. Aside from cutscenes freezing if you save/load state (which should be never), it worked perfectly

Dont even care if there are better emulators out there, it just werks

which PS1 emulator would be the easiest one to use, i.e. requires the least amount of messing around with different plugins/BIOSes?